The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


701 to 750 of 1,689 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Let's make for the next level, then. Let's avoid the next traps, yeh?

Dark Archive

"Then either the southern or the south west route is what you want. No more traps. Lead the way!"

The party may go either to the south-west, south or south-east

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf leads the party south, ever watching for traps.

Dark Archive

Heading south the party finds a small recess. A single small palet heaped with furs sits against the south wall of this cave.

An aged kobold, his green scaled dull and eyes shut tight, lies on the palette. As the party enters, the kobold's eyelids flutter open to reveal milky, blind orbs. In a low raspy voice he calls out to all that will hear.

"I can tell by your scent that you are strangers here. If my nose tells the truth, y ou will bring the destruction I foretold. Good...good. I had hoped to see our ruin before journeying into the afterworld, but I will settle for listening to it.

Beware the great scaly beast, strangers. He seems to speak reason, but his words are poison. And his bats, the ones he called from the darkness... they are harbingers of lunacy and chaos... Dread Lord Aeteperax will surely be your doom as he has been ours."

As if the act of speaking was to much, after delivering his message the venerable kobold dies. In his claws he clutches a tiny box with leather cord attached to two ends.

The passage continues on to the south.


Inactive

"Wait...what just happened?" Calli asks, blinking with confusion. "Who was that guy Nighttail? An' what was he talkin' about? Dread Lord Aeteperax?"


"Well... Um...." Kale was unsure what to say but she did reach out and pick up the tiny box. "What do you think this is?" She asked.

Dark Archive

1d20 ⇒ 11

Nighttail & Hak bow their heads in solace at the old priest's passing.

"His name was Jakkol. He was the Blood Vow's priest until Churgri came in a moon ago. A deadly shelia that one. Ran Jakkol out and left him to die. Both followers of Vapula there are. We tried to make him comfortable in his last days. But us 'bolds don't make it to old age.

"As for the Dread Lord, that's a sticky wicket. The Chief has everybody believing they should be following this new lord instead of Vapula. It has the tribe divided. Making them do things they most likely wouldn't do. Visions of madness to me."

Nighttail shrugs at Kale's question.

Sense Motive DC 22:
You believe Nighttail is holding something back.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Well, this is a very unusual lair of kobolds, Haruf says after the blind elder died. He asks Kale for the box to examine it. Although dramatic was the elder's death, Haruf reflexively searches the box for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Afterwards, he tries to open it.

Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Dark Archive

Detecting no traps, Haruf gently opens up the tiny box using only his thumb and forefinger.

Inside is a ribbon of parchment with writing on it.

Draconic:
Hail Vapula! Deliver us from chaos so that we may serve you in eternity. Seize what you can, tear it apart, and savor its sweet bloody taste.

Calli Knowledge History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Iulia Knowledge History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Iulia:

Upon hearing the name Aeteperax, something clicked in your mind. Throughout your resent travels stories mentioning Aeteperax & Belhaim are paired together. But not as Belhaim the town, Belhaim the person.

Aeteperax was the name of a great dragon slain more than a thousand years ago by Belhaim's founder, Lady Tula Belhaim.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf shows the parchment to his fellows.

It's some kind of Elvish... I can't read it.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Older than Elvish, silly. It's Draconic, the language of magic." She looks the parchment over, and reads it aloud.

"Hail Vapula! Deliver us from chaos so that we may serve you in eternity. Seize what you can, tear it apart, and savor its sweet bloody taste." The elf-blooded woman shakes her head. "Charming; a prayer of some sort.

"Now what really has me worried is talk of Aeteperax. I've no idea what "summoning bats from the darkness" is all about, but that name is a Dragon's name or I'll be hexed. In fact, it's the name of a dead dragon - one slain by the very same Belhaim that the town is named after!"

She turns to Nighttail. "Now come on dear, we're all on the same side here. You should let on to what sort of things this Dragon imposter is having you and yours doing. Holding secrets back hurts all of us here."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf shrivels at Iulia's words.

How do you know so much?, he asks somewhat envious.

Anyway, this should make things easier. If it's a dead dragon the mad chief wants to worship, we can convince him to die to meet his master. Clearly, Haruf isn't skillful at lightening the mood.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"I like to read?" she shrugs. "I rather think that there might be a living dragon who might have assumed the name."

Dark Archive

"Right-o, right-o," Nighttail quickly agrees.

"That's why I didn't want to bother you with all that noise. A dragon, around here, bonkers. I think the Chief is off his rocker. He's not actually speaking to dragons. I haven't actually seen this Aeteperax. Supposedly the Chief has. And a few others. It was 'Aeteperax' that had the wizard killed, ya see. Not everybody was for it. Bang the bees nest if you, ask me. And here you are, the bees ready to bite!"


Inactive

"Lots of ways ta know things," Calli chimes in. "Readin's one, talkin' ta folks an' listenin' are others. As fer dragons..." she shudders. "Ah sure hope there ain't a dragon runnin' around! Ah've already had my fill."


Dot for now! I'll continue tomorrow!


male Half-elf

Alex glanced briefly over the words Iulia read in draconic, intrigued by what was written, but more so at the fact that draconic was a language she had chosen to learn. "of all the languages to learn, you chose one of the ones most harsh on the throat." He pointed out with a smile, trying to hide the intrigued and playful tone in his voice. "though a live dragon, hmm? Better to deal with this chief as soon as possible if he has plans like these with a dragon"

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Well, I think it might be a dragon. But it's really just a guess, dear. Perhaps Nighttail is right and it's just part of the chief's imagination."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Mad he is then! What if we kill the bee queen, will the bees settle down?, Haruf says, showing some inclination towards the end of violence.


Inactive

"It could be worth a shot," Calli nods approvingly at Haruf's suggestion. "Ah've seen it work with people - ya take out the big boss an' it takes the wind right outta the peons' sails. Then again kobolds could be a whole different story, so we might wanna be ready for a big ol' fight just in case!"


Nighttail tries to smile at Haruf's question. "That is the idea; there are enough kobolds upset at the chief's recent actions that with his death, I can take charge of the tribe and return to our ways sans 'dragon'. And for your help, we'll leave your bigfoot village be."

She pauses for a second and wicked smile comes to her face. "But any of them too stupid to realize that the chief should no longer be wouldn't be fit for my tribe, either."

Where to, group? You have paths to the east, west, and south. Nighttail can provide some information if asked, too.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Well, then... Looks like we have a plan, Haruf says, somewhat agreeing with Nighttail's logic. He leads the party on through the south corridor.


"Or at least what passed for a plan." Kale smirked as she followed close behind her lover. "Is it too much to hope that the chief will be easy and/or rather lazy?" She asked as she looked back to Nighttail.


To the south! Sorry for the delay!

Also, just to make sure, HP are what's in the profiles correct, so Haruf is currently at 8 and Calli at 12?

Haruf takes the party past Jakul's room. The passage quickly opens up into another chamber with a wooden barricade blocking a path to the west while the tunnel continues around to the southwest. Obvious sounds of scuttled feet and ravenous squeaking can be heard from the other side of the barricade.

"That's the breeding grounds for some new nasty battle rats Chief wanted to raise. They've been harder to manage, so they've been locked here for safekeeping.", Nighttail mentions as she points to the barricade.

Through the barricade or continue southwest? Or back into another tunnel? Or something else interesting and unexpected? :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Let's keep them safe, then, Haruf says sure there's nothing to see in there. He moves on past the barricade.


Inactive

"Ah agree," Calli shudders. "Let's leave 'em be for now unless we wind up with no other place ta go." As they continue southwest, she does glance back at the barricade. "Might wanna do somethin' about 'em before too long though - else they'll get power hungry an' break outta that pen an' eat up every livin' thing they come across!"

She looks at the others. "Read 'bout somethin' like that in a story once."

And yes, Calli's current HP total should be accurate.


Kale gave Calli and Haruf a nod. "There is no reason to run into a fight we don't need to do. Though... maybe when this is over." Kale said as she agreed with Calli. "Don't need them coming back to bite us..."


"Wait. We're almost at the bottom level where Chief will be lurking. Everyone should be in tip-top shape as you bigfoots say.", Nighttail taking a wand and sing it upon Calli and Haruf.

CLW Wand @ Calli: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW Wand @ Haruf: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Assuming the party gave Nighttail all of her equipment back, which includes the lovely heal stick :)

Haruf takes the party farther along the path that seems to circle around as it seems to eventually head north again. To his right, the tunnel turns to a chamber with a comparatively lofty ceiling of twelve feet. The cave floor seeps to drop along a slender pathway, but Haruf cannot see the end of the passage from the intersection.

Up into the new chamber or going around?

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf thanks Nighttail for the heal.

Haruf tries to "tip-toe" into the passage hoping his darkvision will help him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Bah, Paizo ate my post, trying again.

GM Dice:

K Black Percep: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 = 24
K Blue Percep: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12
K Green Percep: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21
K Purple Percep: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20
K Red Percep: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23
K Yellow Percep: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 = 24
Haruf Percep: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Haruf sneaks forward, finding the path has 10' deep pits on either side. A curtain of rock filled with various cracks lies to the east, while straight ahead is a hole in the ground with a rope that descends deeper into the darkness.

However, before he can report to the others, the yipping of kobolds is audible behind the rock curtain and a bevy of sling bullets are hurled at him!

Kobold Black sling @ FF Haruf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Kobold Red sling @ FF Haruf: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Kobold Yellow sling @ FF Haruf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Haruf is struck twice, the bullets causing surprisingly painful welts on the half-orc!

Inits:

Kobolds: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Iulia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Alex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (10 damage)
Kale
Alex
Calli (1 damage)

Kobolds x6
Iulia

Map updated

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf hurries back to his friends and describes the trap while trying to suck the pain up.


Nighttail mutters something under her breath in her native tongue.

Draconic:

"Taint of a goblin! Soon-to-be-ex-Chief had to have people guarding that entrance, too!"


Inactive

Round 1?

"Son of a succubus!" Calli exclaims as Haruf hurries back, sporting a couple of new bruises. "Nothin' for it now though...but that there passage is tight, they'll be able to pummel us good until we can all squeeze through," she says grimly. "Can we get 'round 'em somehow an' surround 'em?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Should we take the other path?, Haruf says trying to be more practical. They're defended there


Yes, first round of combat.

"That is the only way down to the chief's lair.", Nighttail corrects.

-Posted with Wayfinder


male Half-elf

Alex looked towards the path that haruf just came from in frustration, cursing slightly in his mother's tongue, while also hoping that those with the knowledge of the elvish language were not overhearing his colorful words since he wasn't being all that quiet about it either. "we have to get by them somehow. Can we get behind the defenders in any way to level the playing field?" He inquired as he moved within range to use divine healing to try to get haruf to a safer fighting strength should the group have to venture headlong into the opening.

CLW on haruf: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


"Haruf!" Kale gasped when her love came back wounded. She stands close to him as Alex works on healing him. "If Nighttail says this is the only way down to the Cheif, I doubt there will be ways to get around them." She told the group.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf thanks Alex for his healing and suggests: I don't think Kale's armor would protect her from the arrows. It's cursed! We gotta all run in together so they don't know who to attack. Then we can walk around the trench.


Inactive

Calli's Round 2?

I'll just say that I held my action for Round 1 since all I did was speak.

"Ah think yer right Spider," Calli agrees, a tense look on her face. "Iffin' there's no other way in then we'll just have ta bum rush 'em an' hope it'll throw 'em outta kilter!"

As she speaks, Calli readies herself. "Ah oughta go first, ta draw them arrows an' stones offa Kale an' so Spider an' Alex can do their thing too."

Assuming no one objects, Calli will lead the charge into the room once everyone is ready.


I'll say this is the end of round 1, before the kobolds get their initiative. But then it'll be the entire party up, so charging in drinks-a-blazing is fine which will open up to round 2 :)

Calli gives her strategy while the party finishes their analysis of the kobold threat. The kobolds in the chamber do not make any noise, but one can only assume that they are ready to launch another bevy of sling bullets at the next thing to walk in.

[ooc]Give you guys a bit of time to confirm that charging in and trying to overwhelm the kobolds is your plan

Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (6 damage)
Kale
Alex
Calli (1 damage)

Kobolds x6
Iulia
Nighttail

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Could I dimension door in then lightning bolt them? No situation will be this perfect.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia moves around and readies to bring misfortune upon the first mean little kobold to rear its ugly head. DC 15 will


Sure, just get another 9 levels in wizard first :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

As Calli leads the party, Haruf follows bringing Kale after him, leaving the two casters to follow suit. The three heroes in the front must endure the kobold attacks to go around the wall and deal with them.


Looks like plan accepted! More later today :)


The party, going in en masse to overwhelm the kobold defenders, charge into the chamber, sling bullets being hurled against the first few attackers!

Kobold Black sling @ Calli: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Kobold Blue sling @ Calli: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Kobold Green sling @ Haruf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Kobold Purple sling @ Haruf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Kobold Red sling @ Alex: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Kobold Yellow sling @ Alex: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Bullets bounce off the walls as well as armor, although poor Haruf gets konked on the head once again.

Iulia spies a kobold yellow from a crack facing her glares menacingly...

Kobold Yellow Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

A sense of dread doom falls upon him, like he opened a bad Tian Xian fortune cookie.

Round 3 Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (6 damage)
Kale
Alex
Calli (1 damage)

Kobolds x6
Iulia
Nighttail


Kale shifted her grip on her halberd and ran the blade into the slits the kobolds where able to shoot through.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
And again! Back to the s%&&ty rolls...


You sound like my players in their Dragon Demand, although one PC does have an average roll of 7 at this point...

Kobolds yip in panic as Kale slides her polearm in, but the nimble menaces easily avoid the axehead.


male Half-elf

After moving closer, Alex takes a shot at the nearest kobold, hoping to lower the number of incoming rocks.

Alex vs kobold: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Inactive

Round 3

Focused on her goal of taking down some kobolds before things get any worse, Calli manages to dodge the incoming stones and rounds the corner...coming face-to-snout with one of the little runts!

"Aiiiyeee!" she cries as she attempts to crack the kobold across the jaw before falling back a pace.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

701 to 750 of 1,689 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.