The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


651 to 700 of 1,689 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Seeing the hatred nighttail feels towards his kin, Haruf is more willing to listen.

How bout we give him his weapons and let him help. I bet he knows all the traps here, he says meaning to have the kobold lead the party from then on.


"That would be a good idea Haruf. She would know what to look for, I would think." Kale said with a nod before she looked at Nighttail. "You could stay right behind me as we go through, guiding as we go. Sound good?" She asked.

Dark Archive

"Oh thank you all. Thank you," Nighttail says as she starts to equip her armor.

"Well, lass, I've been with the tribe for about a year. I'm from down under, you see. But my entire tribe was wiped out by a bunch of heartless, ravenous gnomes. Horrible creatures, they are, gnomes. Heads are too big for the bodies, red pointed hats of doom. When it gets too hot, the heat makes them prone to madness and murder.

"So there I was, wondering the outback when I came across the Blood Vows. They took me in but it wasn't too long before the shine wore off. Don't get me wrong, I was doing my part. Hunting and gathering, but I mostly spent my time to myself so I could write my book.

"Every once in awhile, some of the others wanted to know my ideas about certain things. Well, I gave them my thoughts. However, over time, I guess the Chief didn't like my ideas. Thought I was moving in on his turf. I may have been, but everybody would have benefited from it. Right now, this tribe is going nowhere. So I was bound up while I slept and you know the rest."

After Nighttail is fully outfitted, she leads the party down the southwestern passage. They come across a a large wooden gate blocking the way. He motions to Kale.

"Lass, mind getting that for me. So the tribe is aware you are here. I believe there is only one more trap before going down to the next level. I am assuming you are going down to the next level to kill the Chief, right?"

After the gate is opened, the party continues down the tunnel and comes across another large wooden gate. Again, Nighttail asks for the gate to be opened.

"Now stay here. It is better I go in first, best alone."

Nighttail slowly walks into the spacious cavern. She stretches out one of her hands, palm out. In the shadows, nails scratch against stone. Nighttail flexes her thumb and middle finger to her palm to while coo'ing like a dove. A high pitched squeal responds. Suddenly, Nighttail is knocked to the ground and pinned by human sized Allosaurus. It raises its toothy maw high and comes down on Nighttail, bathing the kobold in a battery of licks and nips.

"Ok, OK Hak. That's enough. Stop it. We have guests."

Hak releases Nighttail from his talon and allows the kobold to stand. She picks up a bone and tosses it. Hak runs off and fetches it. Nighttail pets the dinosaur on the head between the eyes upon Hak's return. After a few strokes, Nighttail proceeds to mount Hak and jaunt around the cavern a bit as a warm up with the spear crooked under her arm.

"Hak, everyone. Everyone Hak. There will be a trap right before the chute going down. Otherwise, I'll stay in the back of the group. I'm not too good in the front. Don't worry, I'll warn you of danger. Ready to go?"

Congratulations you have released Nighttail and reunited her with animal companion Hak. Each PC earns 320 XP.
Any questions about cohorts can be discussed in the Discussion section.


Inactive

At first Calli was ready to leap in and wrestle the strange lizard-beast off of Nighttail, but the monk visibly relaxes when their new friend introduces the creature as her companion.

"Wooo, if that don't beat all," she whistles, staring at Hak with wonder. "Ain't never seen a critter like you before, Hak! Nighttail, you'll have to tell us more 'bout this 'outback' place you came from sometime - 'tween the mutant gnomes an' critters like Hak runnin' around it sounds like it'd be somethin' to see fer sure!"

Once Nighttail is saddled up, Calli nods in agreement. "Sounds like a plan to me. Guess you jab at things from a distance huh? Could come in handy fer sure!"

Much laughter from the book link, btw :3

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Oh... well that was unexpected. You know, it's a shame you don't get along well with gnomes. They're not all bad, you know. They just tend to be a little obsessive. If you did run this tribe, what sorts of things would you want to do? I don't think your people are well represented on the surface world, but we could help change that if you could prove yourself to be a kobold of peace and good intention."

Dark Archive

"First off would be to stop bothering the humans. All that does is bring trouble. Isn't that why you are here. Probably after everybody has licked their wounds, move further into the the Fens. Again, get away from the humans and live where water and food is more plentiful.

"I mean slavery and sacrifices. Kobolds are better than that."

The southeast passage winds up for some distance before arriving at a small alcove. A thick layer of straw covers the floor of this cave. The cave's northern end hooks around a corner to the east, and is out of sight from the south.

"So I think somewhere in here is a trap. We don't keep it up all the time you see. That would horrid. Wake up to get some water, boom, now you are thirsty and dead. Nobody wants that. But I'm sure they set it for your welcome."

I was actually given that book. Sadly, my home is infested with gnomes other people gift me. And after 10 years, one finally got in the house. The dwarves keep him in check, but you can never be too sure.


"Oh look at it, it's so cute!" Kale said smiling as she watched Hak run after the bone before returning. "Before we move on... May I pet Hak?" Kale asked a small smile on her face.

Kale stopped for a moment and look at their new kobald friend when they entered th small alcove. "Did you say sacrifices? Just what are they sacrificing people to?" She asked, worry setting into her voice.

Are we dealing with a cult? If so is it a god they follow or... something else?

Dark Archive

1d20 ⇒ 6

"Oh feel free. He knows we are all friends now."

Nighttail picks at her teeth with one of her claws before she responds to Kale.

"They have a bloody alter down there. They string up guts and blood all over the thing. Hence the name 'Blood Vow.'"

Sense Motive DC 17:
Nighttail is holding something back in her last statement.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf finds it all very funny until the talk gets to sacrifices.

I've lost a dear friend to a sacrifice, he confesses go Kale.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"Come on now. I think maybe there's a little bit more to the sacrifices and the name. So if kobolds normally don't engage in sacrifice, what changed? What are they doing it for now? Now is not the time to hold back!"

Dark Archive

"That's what they call themselves. And they have been dealing in sacrifices as long as I've been with the group. You'll see when we get down there. Its a bit complicated.

"So who's going first?"


Inactive

"Is that what those pris'ners we're for?" Calli asks, her normally pleasant expression replaced by one of deadly seriousness. "Best not lie about that if it's true, Nighttail."

Dark Archive

"Did you find them? I hope you let them go. Good people the lot of them. Didn't deserve to be treated like that. But yes, they were to be sacrificed when the time is right. And I don't know know the time would have been right. That damn Chief Roaghaz is as mad as a gnome, I tell you."


male Half-elf

Alex remained mostly quiet after seeing the allosaurus was the mate nighttail sought out. "But was this the only being she truly valued in this tribe?" He wondered to himself as the others sought more knowledge out of nighttail. That was until nighttail had made mention of the mad chief, which brought to mind a new line of questioning. Putting the water skin away, he then gave nighttail the majority of his attention as he began. "what can you tell us about the mad chief? If we are to deal with him, knowing what we can about our opponent helps plenty."

Dark Archive

"Chief Roaghaz dragon's blood shines. Powerful magic user, that one is. He also has a set bodyguards around him most of the time. Nothing you folks couldn't handle."


Kale gave her lover a soft look sad look as he spoke to her. "I'm sorry..." She whispered softly.

When Nighttail asks who will be going first Kale turns back to the group. "I always go in first." She told the friendly kobold.

"Are there any more questions? If not we need to move foreword before they find us." She told her friends.


Inactive

"Yeah, we let 'em go," Calli nods. "But the folks in Belhaim talked like they ain't had trouble from kobolds or anythin' else until real recent. Wonder what changed?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf smiles at Kale at her soft words. Then he turns to Calli and says. What's the difference? We already know all we need. Let's finish this cult.

Clearly eager to shed some more blood, Haruf seems insensitive to Nighttail. However, he does try to approach Hak to see if it would allow him to touch it or even play with it. That seems to entertain him for a while.

Dark Archive

Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

As Kale leads the way through the passage, she breaks a trip wire hidden among the straw. Darts fly at her and Haruf.

Kale Dart 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Kale Dart 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Haruf: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If hit, DC Fort 13 or...:

1 Con dmg. Cure 1 Save, 4 rounds

Around the bend, there is a 5-foot-diameter hole in the northeastern corner of the cave that leads down. A thick, knotted rope hangs down into the hole.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Ow, Haruf oofs and gives Nighttail an angry look. Weren't you supposed to warn us of traps?

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Inactive

"Man, you kobolds sure are good with yer traps," Calli comments once the dust settles. "Is that a thing with all kobolds or just this Blood Vow bunch?"

"Ya okay Kale? Spider?" she asks her companions. "Those look pretty nasty...kinda like thorns or somethin'..."

Dark Archive

Looking back at Nighttail, she eating a bar made of chocolate-malt nougat topped with caramel and covered with milk chocolate. She feints a look of surprise while she chews.

"Sorry. I haven't eaten in days. Besides, I did. Not my fault nobody listened. I'm sure they didn't have time to poison them."

Nighttail takes another bite of her bar, and rolls the piece in her mouth enjoying the chewing process.

"Kobolds are born with the knack to build traps, lass. Probably the only thing that has kept us alive through the years. That and we mate like jackrabbits in June."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf considers showing Nighttail what he's good at himself, but decides to remain focused. He gives Calli a short nod, somewhat surprised at her concern for him and happy she has Kale's back too.

Let's move on, I s'pose. He leads the party on being extra careful for more traps. One would think he's getting paranoid.


Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Kale gasped as the dart found her skin and not her armor. She quickly pulled it out and almost immediately began to feel weak. "I... I think you might be wrong there..." Kale muttered out as she rubbed the spot where the dart had hit. "S-something is wrong...." She told them as she leaned against the wall.

Thankfully only one hit her. But it was enough for the poison to set in... Stupid dice... I needed a 10 or better.


male Half-elf

Upon seeing kale grow weaker, Alex snapped into a more medical nature as he moved closer to the front of the group. Not seeing a similar action out of haruf, he chose to come back to the half orc after he looked over the dart wound on kale. "Let's see if I can figure this out." He said with a quisitive tone, hoping he could help.

untrained heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

After a second or two of checking the wound over, Alex knew exactly what could help. He could not cure it, but at least he could help fight the poison. "that's the best I can do. The rest is in the hands of your body's defences." He said with a calm tone as he then focused more on haruf. "Do we need more healing, or are you healthy enough to proceed after the darts and fighting?"

Dark Archive

Kale's Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 4 = 19

With Alex's assistance, Kale is able to fight off the remainder of the poison's effects.

After Alex tends to the others, the maw to the deeps below awaits.

Continue on with any banter, healing or preping you may wish to do. I'll move you along next week when I return from my trip.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf rushes to Kale after seeing she weakened from the poison. Are you okay? What are you feeling?, he asks repeatedly. Annoying, one would think, but he refuses to move along as long as his lover isn't completely sure she is fit to fight. Even then, he plans on jumping in front of her to stop a blow. Most people would find him overzealous.


Inactive

"Eh, Ah'm a little beat up but still rarin' to go," Calli chuckles. "Ah'm tougher'n Ah look! We should give it a few minutes fer Kale before we move on though."

"Ya feelin' any better Kale?"


"Shhh, Haruf I will be fine." Kale softly whispered to her lover. She leaned foreword and rested her forehead upon his shoulder. But she turned and looked at Alex. "Thank you, for your help." She told the cleric before she turned her attention to Calli. "Feeling a bit better, thank you Calli." She said as she offered a slight smile. "Give me a few minutes and then we'll move on."

After that she returned to whispering to Haruf. "You worry far too much my love." She said as she smiled slightly. "I must say it's adorable." She told him as she looked up, under his hood and into his eyes.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"It must be tough to be a little Kobold - hiding underground all day, spending all their time building traps. I feel bad for them - it would give me a sour disposition too!"

"I wish we had some sort magic to chase all that vile pain away that you dears are feeling. I suppose we'll just have to deal with it when we get back - once we set this house in order."


Inactive

Kn. Local (Kobolds): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Probably good enough for some basic knowledge.

"Mebbe...but Ah thought Ah heard once that kobolds is supposed to be descended from dragons or some such," Calli muses aloud. "Might explain a lot iffin' it's true!"

Dark Archive

Kale Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11

The party descends down the rope into a large, ovoid cavern. Two shallow, murky pools sit in the north and south ends.

A kobold with a straw hat on his head and a reed pole in his hand paw sits along the edge of the southern pool. He raises his head up as the party climbs into the cave and pauses for a few moments. Realizing that the party are not kobolds, he hops up and starts to bark and yip loudly.

Everybody lands safely. There is a single exit to the east.

Draconic:
Ready the Snappers! Ready the Snappers!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"....ready the Chompers... no wait, now I've got it: ready the Snappers. What does that even mean? Beartraps? Some sort of lizard-dogs?" Iulia frowns, confused.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Nimbly, Haruf prepares to throw his dagger at the kobold, but, in the last second, gives Nighttail an inquisitive look.


Kale readied her halberd as she looked to her group. "Snappers... what is a snapper?" She asked, really to anyone then someone specific. "Oh... If Iulia wouldn't know we might be in trouble..." She said with a slight smirk.


male Half-elf

Alex doesn't draw the string back, but he does notch an arrow upon reaching the base with the rest. such a reaction out of Iulia and an alarm of sorts out of the fishing kobold only causes alex to tense in preparation for the possibility of combat. He only gives a subtle chuckle in response to kale's statement about Iulia not knowing. "Hopefully thats not the case"


Inactive

"Snappers? Can't be good, whatever it is," Calli hisses, adopting a defensive stance. "Wish them kobolds would be more peaceable like you, Nighttail!"

Dark Archive

1d20 ⇒ 15

Nighttail nods in agreement with whatever Haruf's ideas may have been.

Continuing through the passageway, the party notices it is filled with rubble, hampering their gait. Kale and Haruf enter into another cave. A large pool of dark water sits in the middle of this large but low-ceiling cavern.

Kale Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Haruf Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Neither one sees the kobolds leap out of the shadows, to flank Kale with guisarmes!

Kobold 1 vs FF Kale: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 6
Kobold 2 vs FF Kale: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 7

Both kobolds are shocked by the size of the woman before them that they miss with their polearms. The puffs of smoke rise from the far side of the pool as the straw hat kobold chews on his pipe and readies his sling.

Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Iulia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Alex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Kobolds: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 1! Everybody is up! Map is updated! The tunnel leading from B10 to B11 is considered hindered terrain.


"S#&!!" Kale called out as the two kobolds attacked her. "Need to get your head in the fight." she told herself as she took a set towards the Ice Blue kobold to her left, swinging down her halberd as she did so.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Dark Archive

Inviting the fury of Kale, she brings the pain dropping the kobold into the pool causing it to slowly stain red.

Down one kobold, everybody but Kale up!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia, trapped in the back of the pack as she is, waits for a moment of opportunity to peek around the corner. Delay

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Glad that the previous kobold wasn't hostile, Haruf doesn't seem unhappy with the confinement of tight spaces.

When the two kobolds leap in to surprise the group, he seemed to be too confused at the previous kobold that yelled "snappers" to see that obvious trap. However, he is lucky they can't deal with Kale's size. He tries to seize the opportunity to tumble, jumping over the water, around the kobold that is still standing close to him and get it while it is still turning around.

Tumble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


male Half-elf

Alex rushes forward, moving to the entrance of the narrow passageway. Once he saw the kobold around the corner, he loosed the arrow he had readied into the nearby kobold

Alex vs kobold: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
DMG: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Haruf leaps past kobold, catching him off guard. The Spider slices through the kobold's right arm.

Alex follows soon after, pushing past Calli to reach the mouth of the cave. Turning quickly to his left, he fires an arrow into the wounded kobold. The killshot lands cleanly and the second polearm weilding kobold falls.

The last kobold across the way doesn't look as confident now.

Iulia & Calli are up! Alex, don't forget -4 for shooting into melee. Still hit the kobold & killed him. Good job!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia jogs up closer to the cave entrance - she flashes a cloth handkerchief in a slashing pattern the threatens to daze the other kobold.

DC 15 or be dazed for an entire round!

Dark Archive

Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

The final kobold is taken in by the vapors. Calli and the crew are easily able to dispatch him.

Along the edge of the pool, a trio of snapping turtles come out of the water. Their shells are the size of a large shield. They bite and clamp down on the fallen kobolds around the poolside. Once they have a piece of their pray, they drag them back into the water for lunch.

There are three exits from this room: south-west, south and south-east.

Good job, you've defeated the kobolds. Each PC earns 60 XP.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

The sight of the turtles startle Haruf, who says in the echoing cave Remind me not to wash here.

He, then, looks at Nighttail inquisitively and asks which way they should go to get to the mad chief.

Dark Archive

Nighttail trots in after the party files into the room.

"Boy, you banged the bongos on them. Uh, one way leads to the armory. But its locked up most of the time. The other two ways will get you to the chief one way or another. We still got another level to go down."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Is there something in the armory that would be useful to us?, Haruf asks, suddenly very curious about what material gains he could get from this incursion.

Dark Archive

"Everything is sized for us, so I don't think so."

651 to 700 of 1,689 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.