The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


401 to 450 of 1,689 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Inactive

Round 1

"More a' these yappin' vermin!" Calli snarls as the kobolds show themselves. When Kale goes down to a well-placed arrow, she steps forward and takes a mighty swing at the kobold menacing Haruf.

Attack vs. Red (Stunning Fist Fort DC 13): 1d20 ⇒ 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Posting from my Kindle so I can't move myself on the map at the moment.

Dark Archive

Kale falls to the ground with a clang, drifting into unconsciousness.

Calli jumps into action. She jabs the kobold, hoping to add a little at the end of her blow.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The kobold shakes off the Stunning Fist and readies itself for battle.

Haruf & Iulia are up!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"By the Eternal Roses thorns! Kale, no!"

Iulia begins weaving her hands in a complex magical pattern, invoking words of power. She begins a spell of sleep. Which will be DC 16 will, if it goes off. My concentration is +5

The pig advances and snaps at the nearest Kobold's heels.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d4 ⇒ 4
My laptop is temporarily out of commision, and I am on an ipad, if someone could move the pig up next to a kobold it would be appreciated

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf sees Kale hit the ground and shivers at the thought of losing her. He controls the urge to cry out and focuses on the challenge ahead. He stabs and bites the kobold that tried to poke him. However, seeing his loved one fall numbed his agility.

Dagger 1: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Dagger 2: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Bite: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 4

Dmg Dagger 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Dmg Dagger 2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Dmg Bite: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Afterwards, he steps behind the rubble for cover from the archer and advises his friends Take cover!

Nebten, would you mind moving my figurine? I'm really unreliable at it

Dark Archive

Sweet-tooth tries to be helpful, but the kobold doesn't even notice it's attack.

Haruf's beloved blades miss their mark as he is too distraught to fight effectively. He then falls back behind the rubble.

Cinder smiles as Calli steps up to him. He jabs at her with his spear.

Cinder vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Dmg: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Azul steps up and tries to stab the monk as well.

Azul vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Dmg: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Seeing Iulia is casting some bad juju, Sesserak swings along of the scale/pig wall. Not concerned with Sweet-tooth yet, Sesserak takes a quick shot at the witch. (Iulia roll AoO if you want to take it).

Sesserak vs Iulia: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

With an arrow to the knee, Iulia is able to retain focus on her spell.

I'm assuming you don't want to get Sweet-tooth in the spell burst, so I'm popping it on Azul and Sesserak.

Azul Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Sesserak Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Magical rose petals gently fall down upon Azul & Sesserak. The two kobolds eyes roll into the back of their heads as they flop to the ground. Cinder's eyes dart to the left as he growls.

"Hey, hey! Git-up. Git!"

All heroes may go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf tries to regain his composure and tumbles behind Cinder stepping on the rubble for distraction and stabs the little bastard with a smile on his face.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Dagger (flank with Calli): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 2 + 1 = 8
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Crit extra Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dark Archive

Haruf jukes passed the kobold, leaving Cinder stunned. Catching Cinder completely unaware, Haruf stabs the kobold in the kidneys hilt deep. Unable to cry out, Cinder slumps to the side of the rubble pile and dies soon after.

The other two kobold lay asleep, to do with as you wish.

Congratulations. You defeated Sesserak & her two cronies. Each PC earns 200 XP

Searching the kobolds, you find 3 spears and two sets of leather armor and slings. On Sesserak you find her Msw shortbow, 18 arrows, Msw Studded Leather & 3 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds. Everything is size small.

Removing Hunclay from the rubble, his lower half is in bad shape after being crushed. The only thing of note on him is a key ring with a typical iron key and a unique brass key latched to it.

After getting Kale patched up either through Magic or Potions ... or just stabilize her I guess:

The rest of the cavern is as follows. The passage after the cave-in forks between two tunnels.

One tunnel descends tunnel further down into the earth. At its end, is a hole in the floor that drops down to a narrow, 4-footwide tunnel that winds 1,200 feet to the east, eventually emerging onto a ledge overlooking the flooded quarry.

The other tunnel leads to a small cave. A few small piles of furs are laid out like nests heaped up near the walls. Otherwise, nothing else of note.


Inactive

"Urgh...this place is doin' a number on us," Calli mutters. "Here, let's tie these two up first an' then work on patchin' ourselves up." After procuring some rope, Calli quickly sets to work trying up the two sleeping kobolds.

"There, they ain't goin' anywhere," she says with a satisfied smile. "Now let's get ourselves back to fightin' strength," she adds as she uncorks one of the healing options and pours it down Kale's throat.

Cure Moderate Wounds Potion (Kale): 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

"Spider, ya should probably take one too. I'm okay fer now, not sure about Iulia though."

Dark Archive

CMW Potion actually heals 2d8+3, so 10 hps back to Kale. Also I forgot, Sesserak had 10 pp and 5 gems each worth 25 gp.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf wants to give his potion to Kale, but seeing how deep that centipede cut him, he chugs it down himself. He asks Iulia if she would be able to adjust the armor for his size, but makes a sad face after hearing the negative.

CMW pot: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

So, what do we do now?

Without waiting for a reply, he goes through the fur.


Kale opened her eyes soon after Calli gave her the potion. She sat up, wiping the blood from the side of her mouth, and looked at her allies. "Are you all alright? I'm sorry about that..." She told them as she got up. "Maybe we should head back, take Hunclay's body and give it a proper burial and see him put to rest."


Inactive

"That might be a good idear," Calli agrees. "I don't think we can go any farther and we've found what happened to Hunclay."

She glances at the two bound and sleeping kobolds. "Do we wanna take 'em with us for questionin' or just put an' end to 'em now?"

Dark Archive

Nothing else of note is found among the other caverns or within the furs.

After exploring the tunnels, the kobolds wake up. They are bound but awake. The archer wishes a moment of parlay.

"Hey, hey. You OK. Me OK. All good. Me tell you what going on if you let me free. Kill him, its OK. He dead either way. He egg-head. Me leave, no return. Tell you stuff but need free."

With the last remark, Sesserak holds out her bound hands with big puppy-dog eyes.


"You almost killed me and you want to be freed?" Kale asked the small reptile. She looked to her allies, one eyebrow raised. "I don't kill in cold blood but... do you want to let them go?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

We free... that... in a cell and stand before the door.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia nurses some rather serious wounds, attempting crude bandages with strips of cloth. "I don't know what's a worse idea - a deal with that invisible flying things earlier, or a deal these kobolds. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were responsible for Hunclay's death."

She frowns. "I suppose its hard to prove exactly which one of them was the mastermind."

"Tell you what, the only real deal to be made here is to get them to justice for their mischief. Now, the magistrate will probably want maximum justice, but if they come clean right now, I'm sure we can talk the sentence down to a few years of labor. What do you say dears?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Inactive

"Sounds good ta me," Calli nods. "Can't let 'em go 'cause they'd probably just come back with friends."

Dark Archive

The two kobolds look at each other, then at the half-orc quizzically after his remark.

In response to Iulia's kind jester and Calli's remark, Sesserak speaks up.

"No go. No go back. No come back. Deal OK. Not die now, OK.

"So tunnel up tunnel lead back to quarry and tribe lair. Wizard hire us to sap tower. Dunno why. Deal with chief. But wizard die by accident. Can't go back, be in big trouble. So it OK to let me go. Take him, get justice," Sesserak says with a smile while nodding in the direction of his ignorant companion.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Does anyone believe that?

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 5

I'm not sure if I'm the one supposed to be rolling this


"Well lets see if they can answer anything more." Kale told her friends before looking back to Sesserak. "How long ago did Hunclay come to your tribe?" She asked.

Dark Archive

1d20 ⇒ 1

After thinking about it, the entire party senses something is not completely correct about Sesserak's story. There was hesitation before explaining Hunclay's demise.

"Oh, he come not long ago. Really don't like tower. Got crazy eye when talk about it."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf thinks about going for Sesserak in anger, but doesn't want to disappoint Kale. Instead, he leaves the talking to Iulia. He even sheathes his daggers.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Great, lovely. A nice, tidy story, dears. Only one thing. You attacked us. Specifically, YOU. I'm sure you showed similar disregard for Hunclay's well being."

She turns to the others. "I can use a few charms to coerce the actual truth out of him, perhaps, although I do hate such feckless use of magic. But... not today. I believe we should take him into custody anyways."


Inactive

"I think so too; mebbe he's right 'bout Hunclay hirin' 'em - wizards do mighty strange things sometimes. But somethin' tells me him dying wasn't no accident." She looks at the two kobolds. "Yer comin' with us."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf, glad about Iulia's remark about hating some sort of use of magic, takes Sesserak on his shoulder like a sack of potato and waits for someone to lead the way out of the dungeon.

Dark Archive

The kobolds shrug at Iulia accusation as if silently saying It's kinda what we do.

The kobolds don't struggle much being hauled back topside. The crowd has thinned a bit but those still around cheer upon the heroes' return. The folk draw back in horror at the sight of living kobolds!

The two deputies are there but the Baroness and her son are absent. Mulle tries to keep the crowd under control while Hodd approaches the party.

"Lady Devy wishes you to visit her in her manor once you got out. Glad to see you returning alive. Didn't figure you'd be coming with ... 'guests.' What do you want us to do with them?"

XP reward for Finding Hunclay. Each PC receives 200 XP.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf wants to lock the kobolds up until the story of Hunclay's death is completely unraveled, but keeps silent. He's learned in life that his opinion is usually best kept to himself.

Hunclay's body is in there, he says, describing the way to get there. Get him out so we can have a proper burial.

Dark Archive

If you wanted to bring up Hunclay's body too, that's fine. That slipped my mind this morning.


"We would like to see our friend put to rest first." Kale told them. "Surely she wouldn't complain about us doing that first?" She asked as she rested her halberd on her shoulder.

Dark Archive

"Of course she won't," an elderly woman says as she drags a kobold body out from the ruins.

She drops the kobolds arms to the ground and walks over to introduce herself. A milky skinned, lurch of a man fills in for the woman and heaves the kobold corpse onto a nearby wagon.

"Calladastina Honas of the Sunset House. I hope I can be of service. Are you looking for an evening service, a morning one? Simple, exotic? On buried his grounds or pyre? You are good people looking to see your friend off in the right way."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf suggests a pyre at sunset, speaking for the first time in a while. Thank you, he adds.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia addresses Hodd's question. "I have a hunch these little lizards know more than they let on about the tower and Hunclay's death, but we need some time to coax the truth out of them."

She busies herself with cleaning her dress for a moment, whipping out a bit of threat to stitch a tear from adventuring. She pauses at the exchange with Master Honas.

"Well, we don't really know what he would have wanted, but a pyre is as good as anything, I suppose. I know that we're all in a huff to get to Lady Devy's manor; still... Master Honas, Hunclay had no family here. What about a servant or an associate? Anyone who might be able to speak to a will or know something about his beliefs?"

Dark Archive

Deputy Hodd nods and craddles a kobold under each arm. "They will be in the garrison if you need to talk with them. Sheriff Benhovy will be back in town after a few days to make everything legit."

Calladastina taps her finger on her chin a few times while pondering Iulia's question.

"I think he has a cousin out in Yanmass. I can send out a raven tomorrow to let her of Master Hunclay's passing. I can preserve the body until I receive a response, if you wish.

"As for servants, I believe Mathezic was working for him. Then the Ekele siblings, Linus & Saba, helped out with housework. Strange, I haven't seen them all day."


"You haven't seen any of them all day?" Kale asked as she raised an eyebrow. "Could they be at his house?" She added.

Dark Archive

Calladastina shrugs her shoulders in uncertainty.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

We should knock at his house after we talk to the Baroness, Haruf suggests.


Inactive

"Good idear," Calli nods. "Sister Calladastina, we'll take ya up on that offer to keep Hunclay from molderin' I think - it'll give us enough time ta talk with tha Baroness and try to track down these servants. An' for his cousin to send word or make the trip here if he or she was close enough to him ta care 'bout his passin'."

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia smiles. "Wonderful! Such a plan! We'll have this sordid affair sorted out in no time at all"! She sucks in a bit of air. "In the meantime, I hope the Baroness has a bit of wine. That tower was very stressful."

After a moment she adds. "You might want to send a runner, to see if his employees are well. Just in case, you understand."

If Iulia has a moment, she'll ask about town regarding the former Baron Salvo, and the history there.

Was he the Baroness Devy's wife?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Dark Archive

"I agree," Calladastina affirms. "I am glad to see there are good people like you making proper arrangments for Master Hunclay's passing. He spooked the people of this town. Many said he worshiped devils and collected evil books.

"Maybe. But the old wizard helped out in subtle ways too. Some found an extra apple or two in their basket when they returned home. Or animals never seemed to have become lost, unlike in other towns. Besides, a town should be lucky to have a wizard living in it. While most are uncouth, wizards are good to have around in times of trouble. If you need me, I'll be at the Sunset House just down the road."

Calladastina calls over Lurch and the two of them retrieve a backboard from mule-pulled cart. They gentle place Hunclay onto the board and drape a linen shroud over his body. In unison, the pair quietly lift and transport Hunclay's body away from the Witch Tower.

In talking with the town folk about Baron Salvo, the subject appears to be a sore one. In 4500 AR, Baron Sarvo Canteclure, a vicious lord who imprisoned subjects for the slightest infraction, joined an ill-advised rebellion against the Grand Prince of Taldor. His family and the castle were destroyed in retaliation. The ruins of Castle Tula have since been called the Witch Tower by the locals.

Taking Green Hill road, the Devy Manor rests on an estate at the south east edge of town by the river. There is a large set of stables and training ring. Inside are a couple of horses going through their paces by stable-hands.

The party is welcomed into Devy Manor by one of her many servants. They are escorted to the dinning room and left with wine and nibbles. After a few moments Lady Devy arrives with her son. Her son pulls out the chair at the head of the table for his mother as she takes a seat.

"I am pleased of your return and in one piece. Dinner will be served shortly if you wish to stay. Until then, have some of my finest wine. What did you find down there among the rubble?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf gladly takes the wine, but keeps silent. He hates talking to nobility and avoids it as often as he can. Instead, he continues his measuring of Arnholde, trying to figure out the other silent figure's standing.

He doesn't strike me as a mage, maybe a warrior of some sort? An aristocrat would talk more. Who knows he's just a mama's baby?


Dutiful son isn't he...

Kale took a a glass of wine, setting her halberd to the side. She had been around nobles before. Well years ago before she died, she had done jobs for them before and she never really enjoyed talking to them. They often seemed full of themselves but Lady Devy hadn't done that... yet. She leaned onto Haruf slightly, they hadn't had time to talk since getting out of the rubble and Kale getting a new scar.

When asked about what they found among the rubble Kale looked to her friends, she was never one to handle this part. She left that to Iulia now day.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"What did we find? The detritus and evil of Baron Sarvo, who seemed have a love of torture and mistreatment of his subjects. More contemporarily, the Kobolds claimed Hunclay hired them to bring down the tower, but their story is suspect."

Dark Archive

A stuffed duck breast with fire grilled vegetables are served for dinner. A warm loaf of bread with fresh butter is centered at the table.

"Ah, yes. Baron Sarvo. What was it they used to say darling?"

For the first time, Arnholde speaks up. "'Good Baron Sarvon Wills It' was the rally cry, Mother."

"Yes. That seems to be it. Many would debate how good of a man he really was. Did any of you by chance come across any Sarvoian artifacts? Arnholde is an avid historian."

Arnholde sternly nods in agreement as he butters his bread.

"As to these kobolds, I have been suspicious of a local tribe living near the flooded quarry to the east. And now with Hunclay's involvement, they may become even more... ambitious."

Lady Devy takes another sip of wine while narrowing her eyes.

"How would you like another job? I wish these kobolds to be driven off once and for all. I would of course be willing to pay your more than your expedition today. How does a dozen amethysts* sound?"

*1200gp

The Collapsed Tower: Investigate the cause of the Witch Tower's collapse and report back to Baroness Devy. Each PC earns 300 XP. Ding! Congratulations, you've leveled.


Inactive

Never one to turn down a good meal, Calli tucks into the fare (and the wine) with gusto. "Dunno what ya'd call artifacts but we did see some interestin' stuff down there...a strange contraption powered by electricity from some sorta air spirit...and that plaque with tha family crest on it," she responds. "But there was restless ghosts an' a crazy imp down there too! An' traps...that Baron Sarvo was a twisted feller, that's fer sure."

When the topic shifts around to getting rid of the rest of the kobolds, the monk looks at the others and then back to Lady Devy. "Well, whether Hunclay really did hire 'em to do somethin' or not - which I doubt but wizards are strange like that - they seem like they're up ta somethin' around these parts. That leader of theirs sure was shifty when we tried talkin' with him. Probably can't hurt to have a look around an' see what we find, right guys?"

Eeee, level up! Do you want us to apply that now or wait until we've had some sleep?

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Well said, and such a Queenly sum for our efforts! But... and I hate to mention this... highness you must understand that the dangers and wounds we have occurred thus far have been, well, rather extensive. Have you seen Kale's left side? Just a mess of scars. A little extra would perhaps keep our heart in these terribly dangerous ventures."

She frowns. "Certainly, there must be better sounding places to set up camp than flooded passages."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf takes Kale's as a request for some caress and gives it without any ceremony. He makes sure she is well served of meat before having some himself. After a few delighted bites, he decides to pay attention to the conversation.

He pulls out the bronze crest without etiquette and tells Arnholde he can have it for 400g. It looks like it's worth less, but think of the collection value!

When the subject comes to the flooded quarry, Haruf shifts on his chair. You see, lady Baroness ma'am... I trust Hunclay even when he's dead and all. I wanna find out what he was up with these kobolds and that leader one knows what's up. I'll agree to this new job after I know everything goin' on, he says arrogantly.


"Not just my left." Kale said to Iulia with a proud smirk. "I have scars all over, both small and large." She said before she looked to Haruf. "Isn't that right lover?" While it was mostly a rhetorical she half hoped he would answer. She went back to munching on the food given to her. When he spoke about still trusting Hunclay Kale just nodded in agreement. She respected the man and they had been friends, and now thanks to those reptiles he was gone.

Dark Archive

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d2 ⇒ 1
5d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1, 4) = 10

"Interesting," Arnholde replies as Haruf hefts the over size plaque onto the table.

"It is nothing more then a curio. And even that to those who know what it represents. It is maybe worth 90 measures. I will give you 100. I doubt you will find a better offer. People do not pay that much for curiosities around here nor do they like its crest. The Canteclure's fell out of favor after the castle was razed. Some tell stories of them, replacing the name of Canteclure with that of Bolton."

Lady Devy chuckles to herself after Iulia makes her request.

"I would hope the amount given so far and to be earned in the future will keep your heart into the venture. By doing so will keep you out of harm's way, I would think. However, I only have 12 amethysts to give.

"But there is another way to earn some coin, if you desire. Isadorer Malak's daughter, Bophre, has been missing for nearly three months. Alas poor Malak has not given up hope that his daughter may still be alive. Just last week, Malak has increased the award for Bophre's return to 200 gold pieces. Around here, that is most people's life savings."

In response to Haruf but addressing everybody in general.

"The offer is there, if you wish to take it. I am sure you will require a few days to tend to those nasty wounds."

You can go ahead and level now, but it won't go into effect until "tomorrow." Not that I think you are going to run off in the middle of the night for some midnight adventure!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf takes Arnholde's deal for 100g. If the group is given a moment to ponder, Haruf tells his friends he's willing to accept the job, provided the group uses the "few days to heal" to, instead, question the kobolds in custody and investigate Bophre Malak's disappearance. If we're lucky, the kobolds will have her at the quarry and we kill two birds with one dagger. We should ask about her to the kobolds we took prisoner.


Inactive

When the group has a quiet moment to confer, Calli looks thoughtful in response to Haruf's suggestion. "Not a bad idear Spider, though this Bophre coulda gone missin' fer lots of reasons besides kobolds. Don't see no harm in lookin' into it either way though."

401 to 450 of 1,689 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.