The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


351 to 400 of 1,689 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Going off the stats of a Leopard/Cheetah, I would say Mira is 80lbs and 3' long. Mira isn't a house cat ;). You would have been encumbered and would have had penalties to your rolls. Again for the sake of simplicity, Mira will just follow you with a Handle Animal Push to Come. The first 3 rolls will get Guillaume across, so the 17 will get Mira to follow without incident.

Guillaume crosses the ledge with the grace of a cat. Mira saunters across as if she could have done it with her eyes closed. However after crossing the second half of the ledge, Mira quickly licks the pads of her paws as if she's been slightly singed.


Inactive

Sorry for the delayed response; sleep cycles be all janky due to work.

"Y'all got some good aim," Calli comments as Guillaume expertly knocks the imp off Kale's shoulder so that Kale can squish him properly. "Mebbe I'd better take some pointers from ya!"

When they come to the ledge and the sludge pit, she patiently waits her turn as Haruf moves across first and then secures a rope to make the crossing easier for the others. "Iulia, ya think Sweet-tooth will be okay on his own fer a few minutes?" she asks as she readies to cross after Guillaume and Mira.

Acrobatics #1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Acrobatics #2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Acrobatics #3: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
Acrobatics #4: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Acrobatics #5: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
Acrobatics #6: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26


"I can carry him." Kale said as she set down her halberd along with her pack. She moved some things aside and held out her hands to the pig. "Come on you little thing. I'll carry you across." Kale said with a smile.

Assuming the pig comes.
Kale settles the pig within her pack, making sure he is comfortable, before returning the pack to her back. "Lets see how this goes." She said before climbing. When she joined the others Kale looked at the ledge. "Oh this is just going to end badly I know it..." She said before she started across.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5
If she falls, she does her best to ensure that her pack stays out of the sludge.

Dark Archive

The last of the ladies cross. Calli is slow going at the beginning, the quickly makes her way passed the final edge.

Kale picks up the lil porker and carefully makes her way around the corner. However as the warrior makes it to the final stretch, Sweet-tooth begins to squirm in her backpack. Quickly loosing focus, Kale tries to grab onto the slick wall with no assistance. Turning in mid fall, she raises the backpack and Sweet-tooth into the air. Kale lands in the sludge, but the pig is clean.

Near the end of the trough, Kale grumbles her way to the end of the trough and pulls her self out of the caustic sludge.

Kale takes 2 points acid damage. Sweet-tooth makes it across without any more acid damage.
Congrads, you've overcome the Sludge Trough. Each PC earns 80 XP

Once the party is ready to continue they travel south for 60', then down a long corridor to the east. A small, barred window pierces the iron door at the end of the hall, revealing a plain, ten-foot-square room with windowless iron door on the opposite wall beyond.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Haruf yells No at the sight of Kale falling and helps her up and asks how she is.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume pulls out the key he found in the iron maiden earlier. "Let's see if this will unlock this door."

Dark Archive

Guillaume & Mira fade into ethereal mist. The iron door in front of the party pops open ever so slightly.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf is startled by his friend sudden disappearance. This place is evil! We oughta out of here!

Being ever so curious, though, he peeps through the door.


Kale reassured Haruf that she was fine as she cleaned the sludge from her armor. She gave Sweetooth back to his mistress before returning the pack to her back and moving on with her friends.

When Guillaume and Mira begin to fade, Kale reaches out to grab them only to have them slip through her hands. "I... I agree. This place is evil..." Kale muttered after her lover spoke.

Dark Archive

Haruf's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Haruf and the party see a plain, ten-foot-square room with windowless iron door on the opposite wall beyond.

Upon entering the room, a booming voice greets the group.

"Please close the door before proceeding with the pass phrase."


Inactive

"What tha...?" Calli gasps as Guillaume and Mira fade into the ether. "This is a crazy place! Damned wizards..."

When the voice asks for a password, she looks to the others. "Uh...did we see somethin' like that anywhere?"

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Noooo..." Iulia comments softly, still in shock from her missing companions. "Maybe it had something to do with that Sarvo fellow, though? Baron Sarvo wills it? Silly, but it just might work."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

It's the best we got. Only close the door when we're sure.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

After a moment's thought, Haruf starts poking the wall looking for something hidden.

Well, no use arguing 'bout it. This is why I hate magic.

Search for secrets: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Dark Archive

After 12 seconds and no response, a small click can be heard by Haruf.

"Jump!" he cries

Haruf Reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
Iulia Reflex: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11
Calli Reflex: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Kale Reflex: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Frozen by fear, Iulia, Calli & Kale fall into the pit below. Only Haruf is able to land on the same side he began on unscathed.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulis cries out! "I think I twisted my ankle! Och, ouch, ouch!"


Kale lets out a shout as she feels the floor give way and falls down to the pit below. "... You know I am starting to think the gods are laughing at us..." She said.


Inactive

"Ow..." Calli groans from the bottom of the pit. It really wasn't so much the fall but the fact that Kale, and her heavy armor, had landed on top of her. "Next time...next time we try makin' somethin' up," she suggests as she squirms out from under her friend.

Climbing to her feet, she reaches down and helps Iulia stand. "Here, you can lean on me," she offers, then looks up. "Hey Spider! You gots some rope, right?"

How deep is the pit?

Dark Archive

The pit is 10' deep.

With Haruf's rope and everybody helping everybody else, the party is able to get out of the pit. As soon as they do so, the floor re-forms as if nothing ever happens.

Dark Archive

Oh and its dark again.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia quickly exits the room. "Perhaps we can find some clever way to keep one of us from falling in the pit while we play guess the password. Or we simply look for a different way in! Unless someone is feeling clever with their fingers, of course."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Do we start saying anything we think or go back to find the password?, Haruf says as he sets the grappling hook so everyone can hold onto the rope.


Inactive

"Ah gots two idears - either what Iulia said a minute ago, 'Good Baron Sarvo wills it' or mebbe that writin' on the wall above that torture room, 'Confession Cleanses the Soul--Pain Clarified the Mind'," Calli suggests. "Ah know Iulia already said the first one but mebbe it wasn't loud enough or somethin'. We kin try it again and be ready to move back iffin' nothin' happens again."

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"I don't think I actually did say it. Or at least not with the door shut."

Dark Archive

What would the party like to do?


Kale ensures that the door is shut before looking at the others. "Be ready in cause this doesn't work. We'll try one then the other." She told them before she called out. "Good Baron Salvo wills it"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf watches Kale attempt and holds tight to the rope.

I liked it better when we were Hunclay's guests.

Dark Archive

With everybody inside the room again, the disembodied voice makes its request.

"Please close the door before proceeding with the
pass phrase."

Kale closes the door behind them and calls out, "Good Baron Salvo wills it."

A click and a pop is heard. The disembodied voice speaks again.

"You may pass."

A single iron lever protrudes from the wall next to the door in this otherwise empty chamber's west wall. To the east, a ten-foot wide hallway curves to the north. Beside the entrance of this hallway is a being made of gears & springs. This four-armed, human-sized clockwork construct balances on three legs that rise into a central body. A large, metallic key floats in the air next to the clockwork creature.

The moment everybody enters the room, the clockwork whirs to life and speaks in a tinny voice.

"Please present the crest for passage."

Knowledge Arcana 12:
This is a Clockwork Servant. Clockwork constructs must be wound with special keys in order to function.

Knowledge Arcana 17:
They hav Fast Healing & they are typically outfited with a net launcher.

Knowledge Arcana 22:
Construct traits: Immunity to all mind-affecting effects, bleed, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning. Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save.

Vulnerable to electricity

Congratulations, you've overcome the covered pit trap. Each PC earns 150 XP


Inactive

"Er...did we pick up anything like that?" Calli whispers, looking puzzled.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf looks at the construct desolated and looks at his companions, do we have a crest?


"What all have we collected since we have been here? Your daggers is the only thing of note I can think of..." Kale said as she tried to think back.


Inactive

Had to go back and check the DM's posts but under the spoiler in this post is the only mention we've had of a crest. Probably a bit metagamey for me to have peeked but the crest probably would've been obvious - just not the worth of the plaque that it's on :)

Dark Archive

After several heart-beats of non-response, the clockwork creature takes up a defensive posture in front of the hallway. Brass sheets acting as ribs pull back to reveal skeletal remains preserved in a large glass tank.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf takes a few steps back, daggers in hand. As the ugly creature doesn't attack, he says I'ma run back real quick to grab it... Don't die.

He goes back to the other room to get the plaque and bring it over.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Dark Archive

Haruf retrives the heavy brass crest and returns. Upon displaying the hallmark of a rooster upon two spears, the clockwork creature bows in acknowledgement.

"Good Baron Salvo wills it."

Stepping aside, the clockwork winds down.

The hallway immediately turns north and end as at large, heavy iron door. Utilizing the dead jailer's key, the party unlocks the door and proceeds inside.

An area along the south wall is enclosed in a cage of thick iron bars that extends from floor to ceiling. Within the enclosure sits seven black iron chests. To the north, the stone wall has collapsed, revealing a rough-hewn tunnel.

Lurking in the mouth of the tunnel, something creeps out of the shadows. A humanoid creature with long, sharp teeth. Its pallid flesh is stretched tightly over its starved frame. With teeth bared, it readies to attack!

Dungeoneering DC 17:
The large hole was created recently.

Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Iulia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Iulia is up! Fight!

Dark Archive

Iulia appears to be in shock from the unworldly monster and holds her position.

The monster advances on Kale, teeth bared with claws ready to slice.

Everybody may go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf moves to flank the monster with Kale and pokes it with a dagger. DIE!

Flank Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dmg: 1d4 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (6) + 1 = 10


Kale brings her halberd around striking down upon the creature. "Have to agree with him!"
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Dark Archive

"There is no killing what is already ...."

The ghoul's proverb is cut short by Kale's halberd crushing its collarbone. It drops to the ground, now reaching its final resting place. Picking up her dropped torch, Kale nods with a look of satisfaction.

The tunnel to the north is the only other exit from this room.

Perception DC 12:
You notice two slots in the floor, one just east of the treasury cage and one just west.

Congratulations, you defeated an injured ghoul. Each PC receives 100 XP.


Inactive

Perception (DC 12): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"This is a crazy place," Calli mutters as the ghoul crumpled to the floor. "We should keep movin'. Mebbe we'll find Gee-um and his cat runnin' around here somewheres."


Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

"Huh... Any one got any idea what those slots are for?" Kale asked as she pointed out the slots in the ground. "Maybe a trap of some sort love?" Kale asked as she looked over to Haruf.

Dark Archive

Haruf:
Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Looking at the slots, you feel that they are apart of a duel key lock system. Two keys, turned at the same time would unlock these locks.

It would take two Good locksmiths, working on the locks at the same time to disable them.

The key slots are abnormal in shape. They would require a long, thin key but yet strong enough to handle the torque needed to turn the key without snapping.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"I wish we had some sort of idea who this Baron Salvo fellow was. At the very least, seems the unfriendly sort."

If Haruf reveals his spoiler, maybe those daggers we picked up earlier might be a key?

Dark Archive

Please see Discussion.

Haruf feels the slots are keyholes. Iulia recommends the daggers found earlier might be the keys. Placing the mithral daggers in the slots together and turning at the same time, the barred cage slowly descends into the floor.

Contained within the cage are multiple locked chests. None of the keys found so far match the locks on the chests. After a few minutes and several flicks of the wrist, Haruf removes those annoying locks.

Inside the chests are a total of 120 gp, 14 pp and a teak case full of gems. The gems and case together worth are 800 gp.

With nowhere else to go, the party ventures forward into the make-shift shaft.

Haruf Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 3

A pair of low barricades made of timbers and rocks partially block the passageway, which opens into a larger cave beyond. While slowly climbing over the the barricades, several broken-off stalactites swing down like pendulums to strike the party.

Trapped Barricade vs Flat Footed Kale: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Trapped Barricade vs Flat Footed Calli: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

At the other end of the tunnel is a large cave that appears to have been recently scratched from the hard-packed earth. Its ceiling is only five feet high. Several tons of debris fill the western portion of the cave. Near the north end of the cave, there appears to be the familiar body of a man lying half buried under the rubble.

Disable Device DC 20:
While examining the entire collapsed area, you recognizes that the collapse was engineered.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf makes sure Kale is ok before proceeding. As he body appears, Haruf tries to wake the man up.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

He reveals the spoiler.


Inactive

"Someone brought it down on purpose then?" Calli responds, looking grim. "Wonder why..." her voice trails off as the body comes into view, partially hidden under the debris.

Oh no, is that...?

Hurrying forward behind Haruf, she kneels down next to the body and attempts to determine if there's anything that can be done for the man.

Heal (Untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Kale reassures Haruf that she is perfectly fine, even though that trap did a number on her.
Better me than some one else...

As they moved along and came to the man the only thing that came to Kale's mind was that of their friend, Hunclay. "Don't tell me... Is that?" Kale asked, sadness coloring her voice as she took a few step closer to see more clearly.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf wears his best patronizing face and tells Calli.

This prolly a trap, ya see...

He, then, proceeds to try to dig through the rubble to get to the man and looks to his friends looking for help.

Dark Archive

As Kale approaches with the torch-light, the details of now tattered scarlet finery can be seen through the fallen stone and earth. The long white hair and familiar face of Hunclay stares back at the party lifeless. With him among the fallout are two more kobolds gripping spades.

As Haruf starts to dig through the rubble, and before Kale & Calli have a moment to greave for their fallen friend, scraping of stone can be heard ahead in the cavern. At the edge of the torch-light, two spear wielding kobolds come into view. Behind them, a third, more lithe kobold approaches with a fine shortbow in hand.

"Hu-mannss. Come out and pla-ay!" the archer, Sesserak, cries out.

Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Iulia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Kobolds: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Cinder and Azul advance first with spears in hand. Cinder beats Azul to Haruf and tries to stab the half orc. Azul moves as far as he can and waits for enemies to come to him.

Cinder vs FF Haruf: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Dmg: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Sesserak sets up station behind Azul. Able to get a clear shot at Kale, Sesserak takes aim in hopes she can catch the warrior flat footed with her precise shot.

Sesserak vs Kale: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 29
Dmg: 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7

Everybody is up. The area outlined in white is impassable. Good luck!


Well Kale isn't. She's at -2...

Kale is barely able to let out a cry before the sound of her armor hitting the floor is heard. Kale lays there, eyes closed, blood dripping down the side of her mouth and through her armor.

Con save to stop dying: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nope! -3

351 to 400 of 1,689 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.