The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


751 to 800 of 1,689 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf, seeing that Calli opened the way, steps in and stabs the black kobold in front of him.

Attk Dagger 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Attk Dagger 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Attk Bite: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Dmg Dagger 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dmg Dagger 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dmg Bite: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Calli softens up a kobold, but Haruf finishes it off, kobold blood spraying the inside of the little pocket tunnel.

Alex blasts a kobold's head, the small reptilian humanoid slumping to the ground.

The kobolds counterattack, one dropping his sling for a spear as it moves up and stabs at Haruf! The others reform their firing line, aiming now at Nighttail and Hak!

Kobold Green spear @ Haruf: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7
Damage on hit: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Kobold Red sling @ Nighttail: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Kobold Purple sling @ Nighttail: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Kobold Yellow sling @ Hak: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Wow... those dice 0_o

The fear of assault leeches into the hearts of the kobold defenders and their aim is similarly affected, sling stones bouncing off of walls and the one charging Haruf nearly tripping over its tiny feet.

Round 3/4 Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (6 damage)
Kale
Alex
Calli (1 damage)

Kobolds x4
Iulia
Nighttail


Inactive

Round 4

With quarters tight and realizing that Haruf, Kale, and Alex can deal out more sheer punishment than she can, Calli holds her ground behind Haruf and begins cheering them on.

"Atta boy, Spider! Nice shot there, Alex! Come on Kale, ya can do it!"

Activating Inspire Courage Advice as a standard action; +1 morale bonus to saves vs. fear and +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia moves and places a hex upon another kobold.

Purple, DC 14


I did forget to misfortune Yellow kobold, but given the fact I rolled a Nat 1, I guess a reroll wasn't needed. Let's see how Purple does.

Kobold Purple Will @ Iulia: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

More doom and misfortune is cast!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf, feeling confident at the kobolds mass fumble, as well as Calli's good luck words, laughs loud and stabs the kobold that attacked him.

Dagger Attk 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Dagger Attk 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12
Bite Attk 1: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 + 1 = 12

Dmg Dagger 1: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Dmg Dagger 2: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6
Dmg Bite: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Haruf smacks the kobold who barely stands after the blow hits him. The other swings fail to land, though.

Round 3/4 Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (6 damage)
Kale
Alex

Calli (1 damage)
Kobolds x4 (Green 5 damage & staggered)
Iulia
Nighttail


Kale took the opening and moved up next to her lover. She brought her halberd around and down onto the kobold before Haruf.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"You need to stop getting so hurt." She told him. "I'm the one who is suppose to collect new scars." She smirked.


male Half-elf

Alex readjust and takes fire at the purple one Iulia just tagged with a hex, hoping to reduce the numbers a little faster

Alex vs purple kobold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Kale's aim is better this time and with a satisfying 'thunk', the kobold in front of Haruf now lies dead. Alex blasts again, but he just shoots over the small frames of the kobolds.

Nighttail guards the rear, knowing that the tight passage is already clogged and her presence will not help things out at all. "Finish them off, then we can take the battle to Chief!", she speaks in Common.

The kobolds continue their defense, one charging Haruf to hold him back while the other sling bullets, this time at Alex!

Kobold Red spear @ Haruf: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 1 = 19
Damage on hit: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Kobold Purple sling @ Alex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Kobold Purple misfortune: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Crit misfortune: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Wow

Kobold Yellow sling @ Alex: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Seeing the violent death of one of their comrades seems to have stirred the kobolds into a frantic assault. Haruf is hit one, a little blood oozing out of a new stab would in his leg while Alex is conked twice, despite a bit of bad luck placed on one of the kobolds.

Round 4/5 Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (7 damage)
Kale
Alex (3 damage)
Calli (1 damage)

Kobolds x3
Iulia
Nighttail


Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Yay! Power attack
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"No if they keep this up!" Kale called back to Nighttail before she brought her halberd down with extra force. "Love, you need to fall back, let me handle this." She told Haruf.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf smirks at Kale's remarks but refuses to step back. He stabs the new kobold that charged at him.

Dagger Attk 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12
Dagger Attk 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Bite Attk: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 + 1 = 11

Dmg Dagger 1: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Dmg Dagger 2: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Dmg Bite: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


Kale misses her swing this time around, and Haruf's aim must be distracted by the pain in his leg, the flurry of attacks missing the kobold.

Round 4/5 Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (7 damage)
Kale
Alex (3 damage)
Calli (1 damage)

Kobolds x3
Iulia
Nighttail

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

The kobold had just charged, did you account for the -2 to AC?


Yup and you juuust missed it with the 12 :)


Inactive

Round 5

As the battle gets heated Calli draws a crossbow and falls back another step. Even as she raises the crossbow and takes aim at the only kobold she can halfway see, she continues shouting encouragement to her friends.

Attack (Light Crossbow; Advice, Into Melee): 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"We're winnin'! Keep it up y'all!"

Maintaining Advice as a free action. Drawing crossbow and moving back as a move action, then a standard to shoot at Red.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Oh dear; this isn't going well."

"You! I curse you! Your... may your scales flake!!"

"Tee hee!" she nervously giggles.

Misfortune will save DC 15 on yellow cake, cackle to maintain purple rain's hex


male Half-elf

the missed shot and subsequent oncoming hit is infuriating, but not too much to distract alex from dropping the kobolds as he loads one more arrow and lets it fly at the purple kobold again.

Alex vs purple kobold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Crit chance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Crit DMG total: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6, 3) + 9 = 20

after putting the well placed shot into the kobold, Alex smirks. "you know he's not going to back down. too stubborn."

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Your additional crit damage would be 2d8+6, making 3 dice plus 3xstatic bonus. You've listed four dice


male Half-elf

I can fix that, but I didn't preview the post since I was in a rush, so I separated the two by accident. One to show if I missed the crit and the other to show if the crit hit


male Human Minkian Samurai 1

nevermind, I sent that last night so it won't let me fix it. The crit DMG is the basic attack plus the crit, not the added crit dmg.


Calli's bolt hits the kobold in the side. Alex's shot would be lethal except for the curtain preventing the arrow from fully penetrating through the kobold, that still staggers from the powerful blow.

@Iulia: You already got Yellow kobold once, so switching to Red, the only one you can target.

Red Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Doom falls upon another kobold!

The kobolds continue their assault!

Red kobold spear @ Haruf: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Misfortune: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Damage on hit: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Kobold purple sling @ Alex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kobold misfortune sling @ Alex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Kobold yellow sling @ Alex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage on hit: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

However Iulia's feeling of dread is now taking its toll. The purple kobold then falls to the ground unconscious.

Round 5/6 Init Order (bold = up)
Haruf (7 damage)
Kale
Alex (3 damage)
Calli (1 damage)

Kobolds x2 (Red-2 damage & misfortune), yellow OK)
Iulia
Nighttail


"To be fair, that is one of the things I love about him." Kale said smirking as she tried once again to take down the kobold before her lover.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


male Half-elf

Alex only laughed in response. two hard heads together. He thought through the smile. I've got my work cut out for me.

Reaching back, he made a mental note of how many arrows he had left and cringed. Hopefully what he had left would be enough for the chief as he went through the same cycle, targeting the one untouched by haruf and kale.

Alex vs yellow kobold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
norm dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
added dmg if crit: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

After the long drawn battle, Haruf still stabs whatever`s in front of him.

Attk Dagger 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12
Attk Dagger 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Attk Bite: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 + 1 = 12

Dmg Dagger 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Dmg Dagger 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dmg Bite: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

In retrospect, I should have bought a weapon. Delay


Inactive

Round 6

"Wooeee! That's what Ah'm talkin' about!" Calli cheers as more of the kobolds go down. "Now ta help y'all finish cleanin' up! Gotta save some'a this 'oomph' for our meetin' with the Chief!" she adds as she fires off another shot at the remaining kobold...

Attack vs. Red (Light Crossbow; Into Melee): 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

And in her haste to aim, very nearly skewers her foot with the bolt instead.

"Oops...light got in mah eyes..."

Letting Advice end on this round.


Kale once again aims well, nearly cleaving the slender kobold in half only moments before Alex releases another arrow that pierces through the last menace, ending it.

"You guys alright?", Nighttail asks as the room becomes quiet without the yips of the assailants.

No notable loot unless you like small spears and matching slings/bullets.


"Haruf is hurt, he needs healing." Kale answered as she set her halberd aside. She moved closer to Haruf and began looking over his wounds. "You shouldn't be so reckless love, if you go getting more scars then me I might get jealous." She smirked, trying to make light of her lover's wounds.


CLW Wand @ Haruf: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Nighttail taps Haruf with her stick, although she then raps it against a wall afterwards. "It's getting low; you guys gotta stop getting hurt!", she surmises as she heads towards the opening. "Bigfoots first!", she calls out.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf thanks Kale. I'll try to wait for you, next time, he says smiling. Then, he moves on to the next level.


The party descends the narrow shaft, some scrapes and bruising occurring as the larger than Small-sized group reaches the next level. Haruf can see that the tunnels on either side seem to connect to a single larger room with a far more comfortable ceiling height.

GM Dice:

Churgri Percep: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The distinct sound of casting from a shrill, yippy voice can be heard from the large room

DC 20 Spellcraft:

That sounded like a protection from good spell!

Map updated!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Somebody just warded themselves against the forces of good. This could be bad, dears - we're expected!"


Inactive

"Well, we weren't 'zactly quiet back there just now," Calli whispers. She looks at Kale and Haruf. "Y'all just give tha word an' I'll be right there with ya. Iffin' we're expected then there ain't much point ta tryin' ta be sneaky," she reasons.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Aware of the protection, Haruf says quietly with a timid smile I'll just go and take a look. Come rescue me if I get in trouble.

He crawls slowly to get a glimpse of the room without being noticed, to the best of his ability.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


male Half-elf

Alex was beginning to like the fact that nighttail has the wands, limiting the requirements of his own healing. However, upon hearing the shrill creation of the spell, he knew they were close, and prepared himself, all the while silently thinking what could make this fight a little less terrifying.


male Half-elf

As haruf vanished around the corner, Alex turns to nighttail curiously. "Bigfoots?" He said with a puzzled tone. "What are they?

Dark Archive

"Why that is all of you," Nighttail replies to Alex's question. "You have bigger feet then us, hence, Bigfoots! I think goblins call you all longplanks or something silly like that. Anybody else bugged by their songs?"

1d20 ⇒ 14

Haruf:

The other room opens up into a large, tall cave. There is a crude idol standing in the middle of it. Behind it is a kobold dressed in hooded robes with two skeletons flanking him. He wields a gnarly staff with runes etched into the wood and a round stone placed upon one end.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf walks back and quietly tells his friends about what he thinks is the mad chief.

Spoiler revealed

It's really weird. It looks like there are two dead people with him. I bet magic is involved or it's still the curse of the good Baron Salvo or whatever his name was, he says trying to not make his presence noted.

Looking confident, he whispers if we all go in together, we'll get him before he notices we came.


Inactive

"Ah heard that goblin songs is purty rude," Calli responds, "but Ah've never heard one myself so Ah can't say fer sure."

Once Haruf returns and shares what he saw in the room ahead, the monk nods in response to the scout's suggestion. "So we all charge in together an' jump him before he knows which of us to hit first? Sounds like a plan ta me!"


"You sure he won't hear us coming?" Kale asked as she tilted her head slightly. "I make more noise then all of you put together." She reminded them.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Well, might not be an entire surprise, but it sure beats walkin' in one at a time! Plus, this plan also has you sharing the fun, Haruf says with a wink.

Dark Archive

XP is updated from last battle. Battle Map Updated

The party is rushes into the next cavern before another spell is cast. The ceiling at the center of this cave is twelve feet high. A crude idol stands in the middle of the cave, decorated with grisly strips of dried viscera. The smell of rotting flesh and decay lingers.

On the far side of the cave is a red skinned kobold, dressed in a hooded robe. In one claw is a finely crafted birch quarterstaff. Mystic runes are carved up and down the shaft and a red orb is fixed upon one end. Before her, standing guard are two skeletons. They are wielding chipped scimitars and dressed in rusty chain shirts.

"Fools. Feel prepare to witness the power of Vapula! Rattle. Moan. Attack!"

Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Iulia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Alex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Churgri n' crew: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Haruf, Kale & Iulia are up! Let's see what yah got.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia frowns. (Draconic) "You know, little kobold, your problem is that you probably don't fit into your tribe, and you don't get enough love. In fact, if you keep this up you'll never be loved!""
She adds a small curse in the undercurrents of her words. DC 15 will or suffer misfortune on Churgri.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf, ready for what was coming, moves close to the kobold mage and stabs him once.

Dagger Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Dmg: 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (8) + 2 + 1 = 15

Dark Archive

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Churgri scowls at Iulia's words of concern, evading the curse the witch has tried to lay upon her.

Haruf takes advantage of his scouting report and is able to deftly manuver around the skeletal guards. His dagger finds an opening in the cleric's chainmail, nearly bringing her to her knees.

Kale is up!


Seeing Haruf get a good hit on the kobold, Kale moved in to hopefully finish her off.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
-_- Aaaand, back to the crappy rolls! XD

Dark Archive

Churgri steps back into the tunnel and away from Haruf's vicious dagger. She then tries to cast a spell.

Cast on the Defensive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Upon completion of the spell, she lays her hand over the fresh wound.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The two skeletons try to double team Kale as she waded in-between them. With sword and claw, they strike!

Skeleton 1 blade vs Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Skeleton 1 claw vs Kale: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Skeleton 2 blade vs Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Skeleton 2 claw vs Kale: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Alrighty, everybody is up!


male Half-elf

Alex spends a few seconds to bring a little bit of holy aid to everyone and then moves into position to take a better advantage of range against the skeletal creatures and the kobold. Old deadeye help the accuracy and courage of my allies and myself in this fight

Alex casts bless


Inactive

Calli's Round 1

"Come on y'all, whoop 'em good!" Calli cheers as she moves into the room with the others. "Kale, don't let 'em sammich ya like that - that's just askin' fer trouble!"

Standard action to activate Advice; functions as a bard's Inspire Courage!

751 to 800 of 1,689 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.