The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


51 to 100 of 1,689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Round 4

Another tremor rolls through the hallway followed by dwarven screams.

"He's broken through. Try to keep him pinned. Go for the knees. Stay underbelly-"

The end of the hallway erupts into the flame. For a moment your breath is pulled out of your lungs as the air is sucked into the burial chamber. There are no longer any more dwarven commands, just the harsh sound of claw scraping stone.

"Hmmm, yes. OK. This. This will help you," Hunclay says.

From under the door slides a wand made of ashwood with Celestial runes carved in it.

"The command word is 'Clarity.' Tap the dragon with it. The magic inside will allow the dragon a chance to break the possession."

1d4 ⇒ 2


Inactive

Round 4

Since it's becoming pretty clear that the dwarf isn't planning on opening the door anytime soon, Calli reaches down and picks up the wand for lack of a better option. "Huh. Don't look that special to me, though I 'spose those fancy letters prob'ly mean somethin' to someone," she comments as she gives it a once-over, then looks up at Iulia, Xylas, and Guilly. "Looks like we don't got a choice. Let's give this fancy thing a try and pray to tha gods that it works. One a' you three should carry it though; I 'member all ya'll know somethin' 'bout magic yerselves."

Once one of the magic-users takes possession of the wand, she smiles grimly. "Alright, let's go. I can try an' help keep it busy while you get up close an' give it a poke."


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume shoots Calli a grimace. "Yeah. Too bad there ain't much cover in a bloody crypt like this. So unlike a proper forest. A headlong rush into a dragon's maw ain't my idea of a good time, but as they say in the River Kingdoms, "you have what you hold." Can anybody see any alcoves we might could use on the way back in, or are we better off just sprinting in and hoping we cover ground quick enough?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


"I have a better idea Guillaume, if I can get back in there and snatch up that halberd I may be able to distract the dragon long enough for one of you to use that stick on it. Remember the command word is 'Clarity'." Kale told her allies before she looked to Calli. "Think you could get me that halberd while I distract the dragon? Or would you prefer to do it the other way around?" She asked.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Shooting Kale a quizzical look, Guillaume says "Well, I wasn't planning on going alone. I figured you, me, Calli, and Eight Arms would all be moving in. That'd give him more choices so everyone's odds are better. Xylas and Iulia can cover us with spells, which leaves me on wand-duty. Y'all distract him and I'll hit him with the magic stick. I just wish it weren't straight down a hallway. Darned civilization and its lack of any randomness. Who wants to be buried in a cold tomb in a building anyway? People should be returned to the earth out under the stars..." Guillaume's grumbling about civilized society's vices continue, albeit in ever-decreasing volume to the point where to everyone else it's just unintelligible mumbling under his breath.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Ah, by the way, Hunclay...this wand is usuable by a Druid, right?

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"If there were only a way out it would make things soooo much easier. It's got a big, fat head in here. If we could just keep that in here someone could run around and touch it on its side."

Iulia gently calls through the door.

"Hunclay, dear, you see Mr. Guillaume's point. How are we supposed to get close enough to use your little wand?"

Julia sighs.

"I'm not sure my little spark of magic will do much against that thing. I'll just go get it to breathe again - a dragon's only got so much fire in it, right? - and then you folks can try your Mr. Guillaume's Plan.". She starts moving towards the door. "It will buy you a few seconds of freedom from the fire. Stay here! Yoo-hoo Mr. Dragon...

Dark Archive

Xylas takes the wand from Calli.

"I can make sure it works. Protective spells are my specialty. But no need to go at it alone. If we get the drop on him, we may have a chance."

Round 4

The tremors are not as violent but slight aftershocks can still be felt. Scraping can still be heard from the burial chamber.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf waits until someone goes towards the dragon, then he follows suit.


Inactive

Sorry for the delayed post, been another busy day!

Calli nods at Kale and Xylas. "Ain't never tried distractin' a dragon b'fore but hey, I'll try most things once," she grins. "I'll do mah best to get you that weapon an' help you keep 'em busy so Xylas can work that wand."

"I know it ain't easy with some 'a you in those tin cans, but let's try an' be as quiet as we can," she adds as she begins to try and quietly make her way back up the hallway towards the fearsome dragon...

Stealth (Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

"Dragon's aren't something Druids study in much depth, but think this through Calli. It's a bare hallway, there is no cover. You can't believe that thing won't see us. Unless you had some invisibility potions you were mentioning? No, sometimes the simplest way is best. The way to do this is quick, fast, and in a hurry. We need to close the distance now, before it starts spitting fire again, get under the reach of those claws."

We going to do this or not? I think we've discussed plenty. Do or die time.

Dark Archive

I'm going to move things along since the site lag has slowed things down a bit and I don't want this game to die on the vine.

The party returns to the burial chamber to find the gold dragon gorging on one of the dwarves. Caught surprised, Kale and Calli quickly find the dropped weapons and try to distract the dragon. Xylas ducks to the other side and is able to get within the dragon's reach before it can reach. With a utterance of "Clarity", the priest tries to touch the large, slow, squeezed dragon.

Touch Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 7

As the dragon rears up to bite down on the elf, the whites of its eyes become golden. The dragon settles back down, looking back and forth unaware of its whereabouts. It then speaks, the low bass rumbling your bones.

"There is not much time. The demon inside is held at bay. It wants the Possessor's Necklace. With it, the demon will control me forever. Do Not Let Me Near It. I will flee as far as I can so that you can figure out a plan. Thank you elf for your bravery. Good luck to you all."

The dragon then casts Aid on Xylas and flees back through the catacombs.

Temp Hit Points for Xylas: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Down the opposite hallway, iron doors slowly open up...


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2
Nebten wrote:

The dragon then casts Aid on Xylas and flees back through the catacombs.

[dice=Temp Hit Points for Xylas]1d8+10

Down the opposite hallway, iron doors slowly open up...

Xylas shakes his head in wonder. "Well, that was something. That way, huh?" he gestures his armed companions to lead the way while carefully tucking away the wand.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf watches the scene and is glad the wand worked, at least. He angrily spits:

Damn the monks, I thought this would cure the possession, not just give it pause... This is what happens when folks go and play with magic.

Now that things quieted down a bit, Haruf realizes how exposed he's been and tries to cover his face with a hood if one is to be found on the magical vest. Completely devoid of patience and nervous to not have his daggers on him, he goes to the locked door, reaches into his vest to find some lock picking tools and starts to try to unlock it. His mind is on the monk Hunclay.

It's clear this monk is too afraid to do anything useful. I hope we don't ever have to rely on him again.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia does not hesitate one moment, but rather immediately follows Xylas.

"Well that could have been much worse. I'm glad we still have all of our backsides in one piece. Dear..." she notes to Haruf "...there are lots of wicked things in the world that are much more powerful then we are. It's luck these monk had anything at all. Lets hurry now and not let their sacrifice be in vain."


Inactive

"Well I'll be..." Calli whistles in amazement, "that actually worked better'n I thought it would!" She gives Xylas a friendly slap on the back. "Great job with that stick! Wish it would've cured 'em instead o' just puttin' a halt on things for a time but you know what they say 'bout wishes an' horses."

She reaches down and picks up the halberd from earlier and follows Xylas and the others back down the hallway towards the iron doors. "Mebbe now that crazy dwarf will let us pass an' tell us more 'bout all this mess and what to do 'bout this necklace the demon wants so bad."


Kale keeps pass with her allies as she reaches her hand out to Calli. "Toss me the halberd will ya?" She asks Calli as they get close to the now opening door. "I promise I won't use it on the dwarf." She smirks. She looks to Haruf and gives a nod. "Yes magic can be problematic but it did being us back to life as well no?"


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Frowning, Guillaume approaches Eight Arms. "Ah, Sefka, we could just knock." Suiting action to words, he reached out and banged on the door *bang*, *bang*, *bang* "Father Hunclay? Your wand worked, the dragon regained control and fled. It's safe to open the door now."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf follows the party through the door.


Inactive

"'Course," Calli replies as she passes the weapon over to Kale. "Like I said b'fore, can't use it too good anyway. Mebbe you can make better use of it."

She hurries through the open door after the others, now curious as to what awaited them next.

Dark Archive

The octagonal room behind the iron door is roughly 50' across. Half library and half laboratory, the well-lit chamber features desks with open tomes, inkwells and jars filled with powdered metals and restless suspensions. In the center of the room within a 10-foot-wide pentagram, lies a steaming, iron vat large enough to dunk a person. Across the room, a wooden door stands closed.

The gentleman at the door introduces himself as Balthus Hunclay and wishes they could have met under better circumstances. He is wearing an ill-fitted helm decorated with owl feathers and wears a long leather jacket whose numerous pockets bristle with scrolls. With his long stringy white and and wized face, he looks more of a mage then monk. After the entire party enters the Crucible, Hunclay slowly closes the door and bars it.

"The Slayers of Legend. I have studied all of your grand achievements of years past. I'm sure I have some scrolls about them around here somewhere. For some reason, I thought you would be a bit taller. Sorry about earlier. Dragon fear and all. So powerful it can breech iron doors..."

Hunclay sheepishly retreats and retrieves a pile of of scrolls for the party to review.

"First off I think we are dealing with a Shadow Demon possession. Nasty creatures they are." Hunclay then proceeds to tell the party everything he knows about Shadow Demons.

"Then here are some of your artifacts. Arturic, which one of you is Arturic? This is your Rite of Exorcism."

Rite of Exorcism:
To be used to perform a contest of Wills on a restrained or unconscious host, causing the demon to lash out mentally against the exorcist. Opposed Will saves will be made to try and deflect these attacks. The exorcists expels the demon when the exorcists wins the contest of Wills three times or when the host dies.

"And this, oh my this, is one of my favorite artifacts. It is the original record of when you, Warrior-Saint Engelier forsook the Art of Magic and became a Paladin. There is even a transcription of the original oath of dedicating you life to eradicating evil and protecting the innocent. Legend has it that those of true convection and faith may take this oath and shed their former life to follow in the footsteps of Engelier. Such a wonderful story. And here is your cold-iron longsword too."

Hunclay then walks the party over to the center of the room with the boiling cauldron in the center of the room contained within the pentagram.

"In here is the Possessor's Necklace. We have been trying to destroy this evil artifact for quite sometime. Currently it has been submerged in 100 gallons of holy water for a fortnight. All that has occurred is that the necklace is causing the holy water to boil. Here is a tome to what we know about the Possessor's Necklace"

Possessor's Necklace:

Ghosts and fiends prize this exquisite necklace, for a voluntary wearer automatically fails his Will save against possession. Moreover, when in range of a magic jar, a ghost's malevolence, or similar spell or effect, the necklace draws the nearest possessing force into the wearer. The necklace tethers the possessor to the host, extending the possession's duration indefinitely.

The possessor may remove the necklace, but cannot leave the host for another 6 hours. Clever fiends have worked their way up from paupers to kings by gifting the necklace up the social ladder and possessing ever more powerful hosts. Any spell or effect that would exorcise the possessor (including the death of its host) first sends the possessor's soul out as black smoke for 3d4+3 rounds

During this time, treat the possessor as its normal self but with the incorporeal, grappled and shaken conditions; incapable of extra dimensional travel (as if by dimensional anchor); and incapable of possessing another creature. If the possessor is still alive when this time elapses, it bypasses its orginal magic jar receptacle (if applicable) and returns instantly to its orginal body (if it has one). if it has no body, it ties.

Destruction: Unknown.

Also logged in the tome are necklace of strangulation, a periapt of foul rotting, and scarab of death. Location: Lead-lined Wall safe

Hunclay returns to the door to double check it is locked.

"I hope with these items you can figure something out. I'm at a loss myself."


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

"A battle of the wills with a demon? I don't know much about exorcisms. It never really came up in archery class. Calli seems to be a bit more focused with all her meditation and all though. You think you're up for it, Calli?"

you've got the best Will save, then me


Inactive

"Well, it's not really somethin' that came up much with mah meditations either but I'll sure do mah best," Calli responds as she curiously examines the object.

After a moment, something seems to occur to the monk and she looks up at Hunclay. "Um, this might be kinda odd to ask but what year is it?"

Dark Archive

Hunclay silently nods his head while removing his spectacles and wipes off the moisture with a sleeve.

"Not odd at all give your circumstance. The year is 4716 AR."


Kale looks over the pages of the book before looking to Hunclay. "If I am reading this right, this necklace pulls the closet demon or ghost into the one wearing it?" She asks as she turns the page back to the beginning to read again.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

After a brief moment of thought, Haruf says:

Well, fellas, from what father Hunclay told us, it seems that we need to hit that dragon with a sunbeam or sunburst spell to expel the demon from the possession, poke it with that cold iron sword over there and kill it! I'm sure one of y'all sorcerous mystics can come up with that magic, no?

He has a confident look on his face.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Those are some damned complicated spells he's talking about. Maybe in a few decades I could be that skilled, but right now they're far too complex for me. Maybe if Hunclay has another wand...

Frowning, Guillaume slowly shook his head. "Unless there's a wand for one of those spells laying around somewhere, I'm no use. They're way too complicated for a Druid of my experience. I can, however, make good use of that longsword. Had a bit of training in that sort of thing as a child." Guillaume moves to take up the sword, and examine the scroll of Warrior-Saint Engelier.


Inactive

As Hunclay informs them of the current year, Calli's eyes grow wide with disbelief. "Whoa whoa whoa, wait just a minute!" she exclaims. "4716? Naw, that can't be right...it's supposed ta be 3690. Right?" she asks, looking at the others.


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

"I think so," Xylas offers. "No real reason to pay attention to the date other than holy days and market days. Hey, how did that whole Whispering Tyrant thing work out?"

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Perhaps we can talk about history some other time, Xylas. Or should I call you Arturic?" Iulia smirks at the idea. "The magic protecting us from the dragon is a transient thing, let us hurry."

She clears her throat and tucks her black hair behind her pointed ears. "Forget about sunbeam nonsense. This Rite of Exorcism business sounds like it can force the creature out. But what then? How do we deal with it. Master Hunclay, do you have lesser forms of light magic? Maybe a scroll or oil of daylight lying around here in this charming mess? Ummm... what time of day is it outside?"

Dark Archive

Hunclay pats himself down and searches through his many pockets.

1d100 ⇒ 79
1d39 ⇒ 11
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

He pulls out a scroll and unravels it.
"Nope, looks like a scroll of Unseen Servant. Will that help? Sadly, Daylight is outside of my expertise. From what I remember, gold dragons can cast Daylight when ever they want.
"As for what time of day it is outside, I really don't know. Lost track of the hour being down here with a crazed dragon and all. And that huge beast is blocking the only way out."

Dark Archive

Kale Amora wrote:
Kale looks over the pages of the book before looking to Hunclay. "If I am reading this right, this necklace pulls the closet demon or ghost into the one wearing it?" She asks as she turns the page back to the beginning to read again.

Sorry, I thought Kale was either talking to her self or to the party. And this is a human, not a dwarf. =vD

"Yes, that is correct, milady. Whomever wears the necklace will be unable to fight off the possession, however."


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

"Huh," Xylas says. "Now this might be a plain crazy idea, but from what I understand, that necklace near forces the demon into the one who puts it on. I'm a lot less scary than a dragon even with a demon in me. What if I put it on and got that demon in me and then you all could exorcise me or get the dragon to cast daylight or something? Just don't mess it up, huh?"


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume shoots Xylas an incredulous look. "In all my decades, I've rarely heard a less palatable idea. Opening yourself up to demonic possession? You, sir, are either very brave or quite mad. Perhaps both. I do worry though, that as a priest your mind may be trained and warded against supernatural rites like an exorcism. If you are too strong-willed, we may not have the power to cast the demon from your body."

Is it Xylas's Will save or the demon's that's opposed by the exorcist? If it's the demon's, Guillaume obviously doesn't know anything about how exorcism works, lol. If it's Xylas's, might be better to have someone with a lower Will be the victim.


Kale gave Xylas a playful smile. "He must get it from his human side then, because I was thinking the same thing. I just needed to know this necklace worked how I believed it did. Though it might be better if I do it over you. You're a cleric after all, I just hit things. Take away my weapons and armor and I get a lot less scary than you are right now." Kale said with a nod. "Still I'm impressed by you Xylas" She gave as she gave the half elf a wink.

No taking my ideas!! They are all I has! XD


Inactive

Calli shook her head as the others continued to talk planning. They were right of course, the dragon and the mess they were in was their chief concern at the moment but she wasn't sure whether to feel darkly amused or just amazed that she seemed the only one concerned about having possibly been dead or in some sort of suspended animation for over a thousand years.

Then again, what's time to an elf? Or even a half-elf? And maybe the others didn't have any family to miss, like myself.

"Normally Ah'd agree that yer talkin' crazy Xylas, but that idea might just be our best shot at livin' through this mess. Gotta agree though, it prob'ly should be someone like Kale or mahself and ya already voted me to use the fancy Rite on the dragon."

She frowned. "Ah'd rather be able to just take care of that demon once he pops out of that dragon but Ah doubt we can take him like we are, even with sunny skies. Forcin' him into someone or somethin' else might just have to do."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf listens for a moment before saying.

It is really brave to submit to demon possession, but I think the dragon will be dead if we exorcise him. Wasn't he dead when he was first possessed? That wouldn't revive the dragon I recon.

In my views, the problem is beating the demon twice in a Rite of Exorcism, which sounds difficult. But if we can exorcise once, it looks like the demon will be weak for a time, which we can use to kill it. Sure be good if the dragon sided with us though. Can't you revive it, while you're at it?, he says to noone specifically.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf listens for a moment before saying.

It is really brave to submit to demon possession, but I think the dragon will be dead if we exorcise him. Wasn't he dead when he was first possessed? That wouldn't revive the dragon I recon.

In my views, the problem is beating the demon twice in a Rite of Exorcism, which sounds difficult. But if we can exorcise once, it looks like the demon will be weak for a time, which we can use to kill it. Sure be good if the dragon sided with us though. Can't you revive it, while you're at it?

Dark Archive

Guillaume Coeur-de-Lion wrote:
Is it Xylas's Will save or the demon's that's opposed by the exorcist? If it's the demon's, Guillaume obviously doesn't know anything about how exorcism works, lol. If it's Xylas's, might be better to have someone with a lower Will be the victim.

Sadly, all my expertise in exorcisms come from The Exorcist and movies of similar genre. I had a joke here, but every way I tried to type it just didn't come out right.

Straight answer: Exorcist's vs Demon's Will Save


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2
Kale Amora wrote:
"Still I'm impressed by you Xylas"

Xylas blushes. "What you asked got me thinking is all, Miss. As for who should put on the necklace, I was just thinking that without my bow or symbol, that demon can't really cause much harm by possessing me while a warrior like yourself could be dangerous."


Inactive

"Well, either way we'll need ta decide on somethin' an' soon," Calli points out. Looking back over to Hunclay she asks, "Yer friends said once whoever puts that necklace on gets possessed, there ain't no way to free 'em. That true or would it just take a powr'ful priest to do it?"

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Nothing is writ in stone, my dear. I think even the most powerful of things were made once; they have to be able to be unmade." Iulia also turns to give a short lecture to Haruf. "I do believe the monks said the dragon Kwislingyr was brought back to life by that "Tear". I think if we can free it, the creature might very well help us. Xylas has a lovely plan, and I for one will use what magic I have to aid in getting that demon out of the dragon."

Dark Archive

Hunclay scratches his chin at Calli's questions.

"I don't know, I've never seen the Necklace in action. It is believed, that whom ever wears it is unable to resist being possessed. Not sure about being able to exorcise the demon afterwards. Then again, Ghost-Hunter Arturic powers are what myths are made of."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf ponders Iulia's words and says.

Very well then. Once we free the dragon, I recon it will be one angry dragon at the demon that possessed it. It will then process to murder the weakened demon and none of us will need to host it,no?


Inactive

"So there's a chance we can save whoever decides to wear the necklace then," Calli responds. "Still seems a tall order, but between that and just lettin' the dragon eat us all Ah reckon we ain't got much choice."

"He said he'd flee as far as he could b'fore the demon takes control again so we've got a lil' time to get ready. Ah think." She looks at the others. "Any other idears or suggestions b'fore we do this?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]
Calli McDaniel wrote:
"He said he'd flee as far as he could b'fore the demon takes control again so we've got a lil' time to get ready. Ah think." She looks at the others. "Any other idears or suggestions b'fore we do this?"

Haruf looks at Calli confused.

I don't remember anyone talking of fleeing. I think the dragon would stay and jump the demon


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)
Haruf "Eight-arms" Sefka wrote:
Calli McDaniel wrote:
"He said he'd flee as far as he could b'fore the demon takes control again so we've got a lil' time to get ready. Ah think." She looks at the others. "Any other idears or suggestions b'fore we do this?"

Haruf looks at Calli confused.

I don't remember anyone talking of fleeing. I think the dragon would stay and jump the demon

Brow furrowing, Guillaume looks to Sefka, confused. "Earlier. When Xylas hit him with the stick. He said he would flee as far as he could before the demon took control again. Deadeye only knows what he'll do when the spirit is exorcised from him."


"Either way, like Calli said, we should spend what time we have planning. If we cannot come up with a new plan then we need to lock down this one. Who is wearing the necklace, who is casting the spell, and so on." Kale said as she crossed her arms.

Dark Archive

The walls begin to rumble again. Breaths and stances are held for a movement. The reckoning is coming.

"The plan is sound," Hunclays says nervously. He readjusts his ill-fitted helm and stuffs his hands into over filled pockets.

"Decided where you want to make your stand. In the hallway, you will be limited as to who will be able to face the dragon head on but it will be squeezed. If you fight him here, you will have more room to work but so will the dragon. Choose quickly, time is running out."


Inactive

"Gods have mercy..." Calli breathes as the structure begins to rumble once more. "Okay, as best Ah understood it Kale or Xylas is s'pose to wear that damned necklace and Ah'm s'pose to use the fancy Rite to force the demon outta the dragon. Then it'll possess whoever's got that necklace and we go from there. That's about the jist ain't it?"

She frowns for a moment, thinking over where it would be best to try their plan. "Mebbe we should take it to the hallway. Tight squeeze for us but even tighter for him an' he won't get to use them claws or tail to slap us around." Of course that still left the teeth and the breath weapon, but Calli didn't feel that that part really needed to be spelled out.

51 to 100 of 1,689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.