The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


551 to 600 of 1,689 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Orange Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Lime Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

The lime kobold slumps down on the landing as orange looks at him with disgust.

Dark Blue Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

After Iulia casts her hex, the dark blue kobold nearly drops his spear.

Kale is up!


Lets try this again!
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Kale tried again to make up way up the side of the cliff, only to find herself back on the ground. "I'm starting to think I should invest in a bow..." She muttered rather annoyed that others where able to be in the fight while she was stuck upon the ground.

Dark Archive

Kale can't climb =v)

The yellow kobold tries to now push Haruf off the ledge!

Yellow Kobold CMB vs Haruf's CMD: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Falling Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The hefty half-orc goes tumbling down to the floor.

The white kobold slings at Kale again.

White Kobold vs Kale: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The orange kobold slings another stone at Alex, realizing what a danger he is after getting his friend's teeth lodged in the back of his neck.

Orange Kobold vs Alex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The last two kobold confront Calli. They drop their slings and pull out their spears. Then together they try and stab the monk.

Dark Blue Kobold vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Dark Blue Kobold vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Dmg: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Negative Kobold vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Dmg: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

New Round. Everybody is up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf seizes the chance as the kobold lets his guard down to push him down.

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Once on the ground, he does a fancy tumble to stand again and throws his daggers at the kobold that pushed him.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Throw Dagger 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Throw Dagger 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Dmg 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Dmg 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Crit dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


"Haruf!" Kale cried as she watched him go over the side, though he seemed to recover well. "Guess I shouldn't worry so much." She smirked before give the climb one last try.

Once more! With feeling!
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
-_- It hates me...

Dark Archive

Haruf tries to slash at the kobold during the struggle, but misses. Landing on the flat of his back the air is knocked out of Haruf. A bit blurry visioned, Haruf throws a dagger at the middle of the 3 yellow kobolds he sees. He hits the kobold right in the chest. Clutching at the wound, the kobold falls of the ledge with a Wilhelm scream, landing dead.

Kale still can't climb.

Alex, Iulia & Calli are up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Spitting blood, Haruf gives Kale a thumbs up and a bloody smile.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia giggles uh, cackles at the blue-tinged kobold and turns her magic upon the orange-flavored kobold next.

will 15 for orange


Inactive

Fighters Can't Jump?

Round 3

"Ow! Alright, I've had enough of this!" Calli yelps as one of the kobolds manages to catch her arm with his spear. Instead of throwing another punch she lunges forward and attempts to grab the offending little pest!

Grapple vs. Negative Kobold (Improved Grapple): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24

I think I've got all her bonuses right; +4 (1 BAB & 3 Wis mod) and +2 from Improved Grapple feat!

Dark Archive

Orange Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

The Orange kobold now appears to have slippery fingers after Iulia giggles in his direction.

Calli lizard-handles the kobold and places him in a sound headlock.

Numbers look right from here Calli! Only Alex is up now!


male Half-elf

Alex moves over to haruf, loading another arrow in hopes of preventing the orange kobold from attacking the both of them before he can restore some of haruf's health. "give me a sec to remove this problem first." He said to haruf as he loosed the arrow to the lizard

Alex vs orange kobold: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
DMG: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

better to kill than to heal our enemies as well

Dark Archive

Alex's arrow finds its target once again. The elven snipers would be proud. One Shot, One Kill.

The white kobold response from his perch, slinging another stone at Alex.

White Kobold vs Alex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

The dark blue kobold tries to defend his mate as the monk grapples him.

Dark Blue Kobold vs Flat Footed Callie: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Dark Blue Kobold vs Flat Footed Callie: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The negative kobold flounders around violently in an attempt to break free from Callie's grab.

Negative Kobold CMB vs Callie CMD: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

New Round. Everybody is up!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Tee hee - now kobolds thinking they can take a group of dragon-possessing-fiend slayers is just silly!"

Iulia winks at die negativ kobolde.

More cackling, misfortune on mr negative. will 15


Inactive

Round 4

Okay, I think that since the kobold failed to break the grapple that Calli now gets the +5 circumstance bonus to maintain it.

Maintain Grapple vs. Negative: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 5 = 16

Struggling to maintain her grip on the little kobold, Calli spins around and attempts to bodily throw him off the ledge to where her friends wait below.

Assuming she maintains the grapple, she's going to basically try to move the kobold to where she can drop him - he gets a free attempt to break the grapple with a +4 bonus since she's trying to move him to a hazardous location. Also thanks for bearing with me, this is my first character to really engage in combat maneuver shenanigans...

Dark Archive

Negative Kobold Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Negative CMB to break free: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Negative CMB to break free: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

After being Hexed, the Negative kobold has a very hard time trying to get out of the headlock. Calli falls back, suplexing the kobold off the elevated platform.

Falling Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The kobold lands on his head and now he's dead.

No worries on my end. Whom better to pratice on then kobold. Plus its nice to mix things up a bit. Alex, Kale & Haruf are up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Thanks for the help, woodsman, Haruf says, but then completes with a whisper but I gotta look strong for milady, ya see.

He, then, climbs the ledge in front of him and grabs the kobold's foot and pulls it down.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
CMB vs white kobold: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Half-elf

Alex sighs and shakes his head at the rogue. Honestly what was it about other males and proving ones worth to a female in ways that could get one killed? Perhaps someday he would figure that out, but until then, he would patch up the fighters first and then the idiots. "Truly there is a definate line between proving strength and being an idiot. That half orc is going to get himself killed and I won't be able to help him." Alex said in a low tone after haruf ran back up the side of the wall and tried to pull the kobold down. Risking the shot, Alex took aim at the kobold haruf was messing with and put the arrow down range.

Alex vs white kobold: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26
crit roll!: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
crit DMG: 3d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (8, 7, 6) + 3 + 3 = 27

wasn't sure if white had cover or counted as shooting into melee, so

Dark Archive

Alex's next arrow is just as true as the last. As the white kobold is about to release his war cry, the arrow pierces through the mouth and out the back of the neck. With little more than a squeek, the kobold dies.

The last kobold tries to push Calli off of the ledge much like she did her companion.

AoO Calli vs Kobold: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Bull Rush Kobold vs Calli: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Falling Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6

After pushing off Calli from the ledge, the kobold raises both fists in the air in celebration. Soon after, she is peppered with spells, arrows, daggers and spears. Haruf climbs up the other landing and quickly dispatches the last kobold. The only exits from this room are north or back the way you came from the south.

No resources used to kill the last kobold, just wanted to finish things up.
Everybody receives 160 XP each. No treasure of note besides the spears & leather armor.


male Half-elf

Alex spends a little bit of time making sure the kobolds are dead before running through first aid on the party. "Before we move on, hold still. Especially you." He says as he points to haruf

channel energy x2: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

alright, so how far are people down? Outside of haruf, because seeing it at only 5 hp, I've been keeping tabs on that

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

That does feel better., Haruf says before retrieving his daggers he threw around. Thanks, I guess, he adds embarrassed.


Well... This was... embarrassing...

Kale rubbed the side of her head as she joined the party. She gladly accepted Alex's healing, even though he wasn't really that hurt. Though she couldn't shake how useless she felt right now.

"Into the depths?" Kale asked her allies as she loked over the exit that lead further in.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

How 'bout we don't fall for another trap?, Haruf suggests the party.


male Half-elf

"You did take quite a bit of.... hits" he said to haruf with a subtle grin and a jab of tone. "But being a faithful of old deadeye gives me more that just skill with a bow, even if I don't look the stereotypical part." His grin got only a little bit wider as he patted haruf on the shoulder and moved back over to cavern hall, only muttering something briefly under his breath when walking by the dead kobolds. In his eyes these lizards were defending their home after all.

In response to kale's question, Alex added casually, "who wants to go into the dark short tunnel first?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

I can see in the dark, Haruf says confidently, secretly hoping for a better plan than going face first.


"But I am better protected." Kale informed her lover. "So why don't I go first with you right behind me so you can warn me before I step on something bad hmm?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

Dark Archive

After being patched up, the party makes their way into the northern tunnel before turning east. After a short passage, the party finds themselves at an intersection. Wide steps have been carved into the rock in each tunnel that intersects with this large cave. A five-foot-wide circular pit is the chamber's only feature.

There are new exits to the north and south.


Inactive

"Mighty fine shootin'," Calli grins as Alex patches them up and they continue their explorations of the tunnels. "An' a medic too! Sure glad ya joined us!" She rubs absently at a large bruise that still lingers on her arm. "Them little buggers are tougher than they look! Next time I won't underestimate 'em."

As they make their way into the chamber, she peers curiously at the pit in the center but makes no immediate move to approach it. "Wonder what that is? A way down? Or did we find tha' latrine?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

I'm at 15/18 on HPs so I should be okay for the time being!

Dark Archive

Cali has discovered the kobold's well. Water begins 5' down from the edge.


Inactive

"Oh...found tha' water supply looks like," Calli observes. After a pause, she adds, "Ah...which way we wanna go now?"


"Man of the faith Calli. That means he's a cleric." Kale told the monk with a smirk. "Also sorry about that... I shoulder have done more..." Kale said with an aggravated sigh. "I don't know what's up with me today..." She muttered.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"I have faith in Alex's faith, and he can join my party any time Iulia says, barely audible.

She laughs. "Kale, you were fine dear! I'm just glad nobody was severely wounded. This is turning out to be quite the adventure... at least no random acid filled trenches in this place. I hope. Perhaps we should try the northern tunnel?"

Dark Archive

The northern stairs gently turn east as torch light can be seen ahead.
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 8

Haruf's sneaks up to the entrance of the next cave. There he sees 4 kobolds sitting about with 3 humans shackled via chains driven into the rock walls. Otherwise torches light up cave. No other exits are noted.


male Half-elf

Alex chuckles at Iulia's statement. "just don't jinx it. acid filled trenches are not something I'm fitted for." he gave Iulia a kind grin

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf reassures Kale that she's the strongest in the group. Later, he whispers to the group about the cave with 4 kobolds.

I'll bet one of my arms that there are traps in that cave. But no way to find them unless we bleed those kobolds first.

Dark Archive

Map updated. I thought I did that, then I realized I just went to bed instead.


Inactive

"An' they got prisoners too," Calli frowns. "Can we get the drop on them, ya think?"

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Lets try it! We've got to save those poor folk." Iulia does her darnedest to keep her worried reply to a whisper. She nods solemnly at Sweet-Tooth, who oinks in serious anticipation.


Inactive

Calli nods in agreement. "Either that or we try a distraction," she whispers. "Tryin' ta get the drop on 'em might work better though; mebbe Spider and Alex can get close enough to fire off a few arrows or somethin' before they know what hit 'em!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

I could sneak up behind one and kill it quick. Then you brave people storm the cave. We just killed more kobolds than this and they had the upper hand back there.


"Unless you could kill all of them at once love it may only risk their prisoner's lives.." Kale said with a sigh as she tried to think. "I worry about storming them as well, their prisoners could get caught in the middle... If I could get close enough to the prisoners I could ensure their safety while you all pick off the little reptiles, since I can't seem to hit the f*!~ers..." Kale told them as she crossed her arms.

Dark Archive

OK, so to move things along, the party will start at the entrance of the cave. You'll have a surprise round, standard actions only. Then I'll roll initative and go from there. Continue on with your discussion, but when you are ready to act, feel free to do so.


male Half-elf

"If you can sneak close enough and I can get a clear shot, we could cut the enemy's strength in half before conflict commences." He said while nodding in agreement with Calli as he tried looking to see which one would be best to shoot at. "Better to hit the ones closest to the prisoners to minimize injuries to them." truth be told he was a little nervous about this. It was a tight situation, and one wrong move kills a hostage. "Unless people want to try talking these particular kobolds down."


Inactive

"Normally I'd be all fer tryin' ta talk 'em down, but I don't know how willin' they'd be," Calli whispers in return. "Those other ones an' their leader we captured all didn't seem too keen on talkin' when they thought they had us over a barrel."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf takes Alex's speech as a go sign, puts his hand on Kale's shoulder to reassure her and sneaks up close to the closest kobold who is by the pillar (I don't know what color that is. Bege?) and stabs it with his dagger.

Sneak: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Surprise attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Dmg: 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 2 + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Let's Git it On! Surprise Round

Haruf slinks in and out of the shadows as his knife finds the kobold's kidney. He squeaks just a bit before slumping over dead.

Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Iulia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Alex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kobolds: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Everybody has a single standard, surprise action. Haruf also has a full-round action. Then the kobolds will go, then back and forth from there. I have everybody just jammed up at the entrance. Just make sure you end somewhere else so you aren't squeezing. Let the wetworks begin!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia clucks her tongue and scolds the kobolds in their own tongue. "Wicked troublemakers! Kidnapping innocents!"

She wags her fingers at a kobold.

Orange, will save 15 or suffer misfortune


Inactive

Surprise!

As everyone springs into action, Calli hustles into the room and squeezes between pillars as she attempts to close the distance between the kobolds and herself.

Move Calli to the spot directly south of that dark-haired female prisoner.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

I think you meant supplies


Kale changed into the room, stopping right before the Gold? Bronze? kobald that Calli stood before. She brought her halberd around in an up-word sweep.

Power, Flanking, Charging
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


male Half-elf

A little caught unawares by the sudden action of haruf, Alex only notched an arrow and tested his aim on the brown kobold, cursing in a low tone in elven. Continuing in that tongue, "I swear by the gods, one day I will either tie haruf down and stuff him in a corner, or get another means to keep him in check." As he loosed the arrow towards the brown kobold

Alex vs brown kobold: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

551 to 600 of 1,689 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.