The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


901 to 950 of 1,689 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Alex, that "roll" was used as a CMB roll to move you further into the room. Go ahead and redo your action or roll for your shot.

Kale swings at Roaghaz but only manages to hit one of the images. Now only two are left.

Alex, Calli & Haruf are up. Only 1 mirror image up.


Inactive

Round 9

Although the battle seemed to be - slowly - turning in their favor at last, Calli knows that they're all still in a sticky situation. "Come on y'all, we've got this! This guy and his goons ain't got nothin' on us!" she urges as she ducks under Alex's shot and moves to help Haruf and Kale with the Chief.

Using my last round of Advice; acts as a bard's Inspire Courage. Also moving to current map position.


male Half-elf

running just the shot, dmg, and which version I hit using divine favor, calli's advice, and point blank. If calli's advice doesn't add, then it's just one removed from attack and dmg

shot into melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 23
which vision hit: 1d2 ⇒ 1
DMG: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 6

Dark Archive

Calli cheers on her companions into the final push through the webs.

Alex fires an arrow. He no only avoids Calli, but he lands a direct hit on the kobold. He winces in pain as he clutches and breaks off the arrow.

Haruf falls down again unconscious from the magic missile damage.

Nighttail teams up with Sweet-tooth in hopes to bring down the final solider.

Nighttail vs Green: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Dmg: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Happy with her results of a dead kobold, Nighttail draws a wand into her claw.

Alone, Roaghaz slides to step over Haruf's KO'ed body. The sorcerer casts another spell, as multiple images reemerge from the shadows.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Everybody is now up! There are now 4 visions of Roaghaz. Almost there...


Inactive

Round 10

As the sorcerer tries to fall back, Calli steps forward and aims a punch at one of the multiple visions. "Ya can't keep this up forever! Better give up now!" she warns.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Which Vision?: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13

Dark Archive

Callie finds the kobold once again with a well placed fist to the sternum.

Haruf stabilizes once again.

Iulia, Alex & Kale are up. 4 visions present.


male Half-elf

With the kobold leader within striking distance of alex, but no place away from the leader and the Web to move, Alex takes a different approach, dropping his bow and drawing his morningstar, swinging the weapon as best he can at the leader since none of his allies were within range to offer aid with a touch

Alex vs leader: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 2 = 23
crit!: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 = 22
dmg+crit: 2d8 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7, 5) + 2 + 4 = 18
which vision: 1d4 ⇒ 4
+1 more to both att roll and +2 dmg if calli's advice applies. Also mind slipped if crit counted as auto hit against target or if I had to see which vision, so rolled which vision just in case


Rage covered the fighter's face once more as she took a step foreword and swung at the kobold caster.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Vision: 1d3 ⇒ 1
I did a d3 since Alex got a crit! XD

Dark Archive

Alex's mace brained the the mirror image of Roaghaz. It disapates back into the shadows.

Kale provided a follow-up swing, her halberd finding purchase on the kobold's bone backside.

Iulia is up. 3 visions present!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Iulia finally frees herself from the webs entirely. She stumbles out, coughing on the sticy muck that has gotten in her nose and mouth.

"Mff... we've almost... *blech* got the nasty chief!"

Sweetooth cunningly squeals as it carefully circles around next to the cleric. It takes a very thoughtful bite at the priest-chieftan, although the flurrying of his tiny legs have left him exhausted.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 unlikely to affect an image

Dark Archive

Iulia is freed and Sweet-tooth is fierce.

Nighttail moves up next to Kale and taps her with her wand.

CLW Kale: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"You can't hide from me traitor. If I die, I'm taking you with me!" Roaghaz yells.

Cast on the Defensive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
MM dmg vs Nighttail: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) + 3 = 13

Nighttail staggers a bit but is able to remain upright.

"Is that all you got? You are weak and not worthy!"

New round, everybody is up! 3 visions of Roaghaz present.


"Keep you attention on me!" Kale shouts at the caster as she brings her weapon back around.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Image: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

*Oink, Wee!*

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d4 ⇒ 2


Inactive

Round 11

"Awright, I've had 'nough of this!" Calli cries as she brings her arm back and attempts to deliver a powerful blow against the persistent kobold.

Attack (Stunning Fist): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Which One?: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Well, it was worth a try! One more use of Stunning Fist remaining for the day...


male Half-elf

Alex almost smiled when the head of the leader appeared to crunch under his morningstar, but that smile dropped to a scowl when the vision vanished under the hit. "no prey has escaped, and it will not start now" He said with a smirk.

Alex vs leader: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19
dmg: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11
which vision: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Roaghaz ducks under Kale's backswing.

The kobold dances around the piggy's maw.

The sorcerer flips around Calli's stunning fist.

It is the mace weilding archer that lands a solid blow against Roaghaz. His jaw cracks as metal meets teeth.

Nighttail stands ready with wand it hand to help any that should fall.

Bloodied and beaten, Roaghaz tries to muster up one more spell.

"You will fall before I do, Gib. Your death carry will please the Infernal Duke."

Cast on the Defensive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 3 = 7 Sad trombone

Nighttail lights up like a festivals fireworks. She drops to one knee breathing heavy. With wand in hand, Nighttail smiles.

"Missing me now, aren't ya?"

Everybody is up. 3 Visions are up!


"This creature is getting on my nerves!" Kale shouted as she brought her halberd around to swing again.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Image: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Kale viciously destroys another image.

50/50 shot now people


Inactive

Round 12

"You an' me both sister," Calli responds as she tries yet again to stop the kobold in his tracks with a powerful blow!

Attack (Stunning Fist): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Which One?: 1d2 ⇒ 1

DC 14 Fort save if she hits with that, by the way!

Dark Archive

Calli empowered fist misses the kobold's image by a hair's breath.

Alex & Iulia are up.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

The pig squeals in delight as it chases around another image; a dumb stroke of luck allows the creature to come withing snapping distance of one of the nimble faux-kobolds.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 By your post I infer that the AC is 19, so I probably got the last image

Iulis puts her hand to her mouth, clearly anxious over the battle's outcome but at the end of her magical resoruces.

Dark Archive

Wink with double gun fingers at Iulia

Sweet-tooth head butts the last figment out of existence.

Nighttail uses her wand to heal her self. She then calls out to Roaghaz, goading him even more.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Where is your Lord now? What has he given you? Death is what he brought, yours and nearly to this tribe. I shall rise, you shall fall!"

Drawing the chief's anger, he begins to cast another spell. He gives no regard to the warriors that surround him, only that Nighttail will die before he.

Cast on the Defensive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Ranged Touch vs Nighttail, in melee get AoO's: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The acid arrow flies errant, leaving Roaghaz open to his surrounding aggressors.

New Round, everybody up! AoO's for those in melee at the time of the last casting. No more images.


Inactive

Calli's AoO

"Oh no ya don't!" Calli exclaims as the chief focuses his magic against Nighttail.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

If the chief survives the flurry of AoOs...

Round 13

"Ya just don't know when ta' quit, do ya?" the monk sighs as she tries to bring down their foe once and for all.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"What did I tell you about turning you attention to others?" Kale snapped.

Round 13

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

She quickly brough her halberd back around and gave another swing at the caster before her.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

oink!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 The pig naps nips ineffectively at the kobold cleric; Iulia unfurls a scroll of magic weapon, and then, cunning beast that it is, chooses to aid Kale's strike next.

aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Iulia pulls a scroll of magic weapon and moves behind the ranks of the warriors.

Dark Archive

Calli wacks Roaghaz's hand as he tries to cast his spell, nearly breaking it. She tries to follow it up with a back hand but he ducks under it.

Kale's might swings smash the nearby stone walls and breaks off a stalactite. Otherwise she is unable to hit the kobold.

Sweet-tooth runs around and through Roaghaz's legs in hopes of distracting the kobold to give Kale a clear shot.

Alex is up!


male Half-elf

aoo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
DMG: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Alex swings for an opening left by the kobold, hoping to catch him at least once, trying to end this fight before the spell caster cam cause more harm

Alex vs leader: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
DMG: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dark Archive

Roaghaz dips out of the way of Alex's swing like a modern age martial artist.

Nighttail remains at the ready with her wand in hand.

Roaghaz summons another flight of magic missiles to drive into Calli.

Cast of the Defensive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
MM dmg vs Calli: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + 3 = 9

After casting his spell, Roaghaz hands out his claws to this side.

"Lord Aeteperax, lend me your power to rend the flesh from these heathens!"

Roaghaz's claws begin to elongate, longer and sharper. Roaghaz's jawline cracks and juts out even further, akin to that of a crocodile. Roaghaz is ready to get his hands dirty.

Everybody is up!


Inactive

Round 14

Calli staggers as the missiles slam into her, leaving blood dripping freely from multiple wounds. But she's not down for the count just yet.

"Heh...Ah'm...tougher'n that..." she half-laughs, half-gasps as she aims her foot at the kobold's kneecap.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


male Half-elf

Alex offers a hand in the only way what's left of his divine might can as he touches kale on the shoulder, giving to her what he once gave to calli. "Let's see if Erastil's aid is more beneficial to you."

touch of good for kale. But I can't help but hear in my head "tis weak to cold, master. I grant you fire's flame!"

Dark Archive

Calli appears to still be seeing double as her kick comes up short.

Alex performs a small blessing on Kale, but leaves him open to Roaghaz! With his newly enhanced maw, the kobold tries to bite Alex!

AoO vs Alex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Dmg: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

But the weary sorcerer is not attuned to hand to hand combat.

Iulia & Kale are up. Come on Kale, got +3 to hit (I think) on top of normal. Sorry Alex, I didn't get the reference. I feel its from a video game, but I've been out of that loop for while ;v(


Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
That enough?

Kale gave a slight nod to Alex before she turned her attention back to the caster and swung at him once again.

Dark Archive

Roaghaz evade Kale's mighty swing.

Now, the kobold unleashes his teeth and claws on Calli. If he must, he will shred the party one by one.

Bite vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Dmg: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Claw 1 vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Dmg: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Claw 2 vs Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dmg: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

New Round. Everybody up!


Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
sigh...

Kale swung once again, only for the kobold to avoid her once more.


Inactive

Remind me, are we doing stuff like negative damage = nonlethal or is it just an automatic 1 damage since it was a hit?

Round 15

"Oof! Ain't...so tough...without yer...magic, are ya?" Calli grunts as one of the kobold's claws catches her a glancing blow. With things down to the wire, all she can do is keep trading blows with her foe until one of them falls.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


male Half-elf

so Alex repeats the process in preparation for kale's next oppertunity to swing away

Alex tries to offer aid once more to an ever more frustrated and possibly tired kale as he risks being hit to better his allies. "once more for the hunt."

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

The pig persists in aiding Kale, while Iulia looks on in anxiety.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

That's a +3 to Kale.


Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
.... Should have been a mage...

Kale swung her halberd once more, though her swing was way off.

Dark Archive

Kale misses the deft kobold. Calli smashes her hand on an invisible armor made of force. Alex blesses Kale again, in hopes she can finally put this kobold down.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Sweet-tooth helps anyways he can.

Roaghaz forgo's his claws and begins to cast another spell. A small orb of acid is flung at Calli.

Cast on the defensive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Ranged Touch on Calli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

It appears the yips are affecting everybody in this cave.

AoO for everybody! Everybody is up but Kale.


AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
This thing hates me...

"I'm starting to thing I should pick up another weapon..." Kale muttered as she tried to strike at the kobold.


male Half-elf

aoo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
DMG: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Alex swings for the opening, but is still much better with a bow than a clubbing tool. If only he had time to train himself more for shooting into melee, he wouldn't be this close. Taking a chance to test a play from haruf's playbook, he hopes grappling with the foe will help make him easier to hit

grappling: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Inactive

Calli's AoO

Gettin'...kinda tired here...

Calli doggedly attempts to strike the kobold, ducking past his orb of acid though not with a lot of room to spare.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Round 16

"Come on...there's a buncha us an' only one'a him!" she calls out, trying to encourage her companions to fight on as she takes another shot at the kobold.

Attack (Unarmed Strike): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

All these misses are gettin' pretty old...

Dark Archive

After the barriage of missed attacks, Alex is able to grapple the little fiend. But not before it tries to bit him.

AoO Bite vs Alex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Dmg: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Iulia is up! Roaghaz is grappled! And to answer Calli's question from above, Dmg < 1 does equal 1 point of non-lethal damage. Hopefully after this fight, it won't be an issue.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf unconsciously cheers his friends. A careful observer would notice his thumb up while laying passed out on the ground.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d4 ⇒ 4

The pig snorts in annoyance, and chooses to lash out for its own porcine glory.

Iulia looks around to scoop up a fallen kobold's weapon.

A spear lying about, maybe?

Dark Archive

Poor Sweet-tooth is unable to reach the knees of the sorcerer.

Strewn about the cavern are small spears within arm's reach.

Nighttail continues to await for her former leader to fall.

Squirming like a landed fish, Roaghaz tries to minipulate his tiny hand to point a single finger at Calli.

Cast on the Defensive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Trying Cast while grappled: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Acid Splash Ranged Touch Attack vs Calli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The kobold yips for joy with this little achievement.

Everybody gets an AoO. Everybody is up! Maybe we should notify Paizo about how bad these rolls are. Honestly, quickly scanning this page it looks like ~80% of the rolls are 10 or less. Of course, nobody complains when the rolls are high, like in real life =v).


male Half-elf

aoo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
DMG: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Alex takes advantage of the opening provided by the grapple and the spell cast by the kobold leader and then focuses on keeping the kobold in place

grapple maintain: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 5 = 19

Dark Archive

As Roaghaz tries to reach out toward Calli, Alex grabs up his hand. With a quick snap and pop, the kobold's wrist is broken. Weary from the battle, Roaghaz, chieftain of the Blood Vow tribe, passes out.

With the chief dispatched, Nighttail rushes over to Haruf and taps him a couple times with her wand.

CLW for Haruf: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14

Nighttail then stands over Roaghaz with her spear over his heart. Unless anybody stops her, Nighttail drives the spear through Roaghaz's chest to confirm her right to rule.

The western section of the cave is Roaghaz's sleeping quarters. A large, soft pallet lies here, along with two locked chests, which can be opened with a with the key the chief carries. One chest holds 1,895 gold pieces, and the other holds six large green scales and an even larger black scale.

Besides the standard spears of the kobolds, the chief has some items of interest: scrolls of Glitterdust (2), wand of Web (4 charges), small dagger, Cloak of Fangs, and a key to the armory.

"I think that is all of them," Nighttails says sitting down on the pallet, wiping her brow.

Congratulations, you have defeated Roaghaz & his guards. Each PC earns 320 XP.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf sits up and stays sitting for a bit.

This was a challenge, he says thankful for not being by himself.

After getting up, still tired from Roaghaz's spell, he kicks the chieftain one more time and congratulates Nighttail on his new position in the tribe.

You should come into town and shake hands with the baroness, he suggests, quite unsure how to call the non-aggression agreement he's referring.

As soon as he sees the loot, he asks Kale to try the cloak on, then fantasizes what they can do with those teeth in a locked room.

I wanna check out the armory, he says hopeful to find something Nighttail would give up.

901 to 950 of 1,689 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.