The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


101 to 150 of 1,689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Xylas nods at Calli's summary. "Better to keep him in the hall. I remembered that I might have to make use of this amulet and wand again so maybe we ought to let Kale wear the necklace. I swear that I'll do everything I can to get that demon out again, Miss. Forgive me, but should we tie up your hands just in case?" He hands the necklace to Kale and takes out the ash wand and pretty holy symbol.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"I think thats right, and so the hallway it is. Maybe, though, we can find something to shield ourselves with, in case it has more fire in its belly. A table we can hide behind, maybe?"

She pushes off the contents of the least-delicate looking table. "Sorry, Mr. Hunclay... I'll try and make it up to you if I'm alive tomorrow. Someone give me hand carrying this thing." Iulia looks at Kale and Guillaume for help.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Moving to assist, Guillaume nods emphatically. "If we're going to cluster in the hallway, we definitely need protection from that thing's breath." He motions to the heavy mace, where it lies on the ground "Now that I have this longsword, anyone else who wants it is welcome to the mace. It will probably come in handy if we have to fight the demon in an incorporeal state." Under his breath, he murmurs a quick prayer "Mighty Erastil, Lord of the hunt, bless us in this endeavor to strike down this fell demon who would pervert this land and its communities. Please, Oh Deadeye, grant that our aim be true."

I'm proficient with longswords, so I'm going to hang on to it. But someone grab the mace!


"I agree with the hallway." Kale stated. She took the necklace from Xylas with a respectful nod. "I think that might be best. Does anyone have any rope? Or maybe some shackles?" She asked the group, looking from one to the other. Kale couldn't help but give a small smirk as Guillaume prayed. "You know I don't think I've prayed in a long time... not since one of the patrons made a comment about being on ones knees." She muttered. "Oh! I'm going to need someone to help me out of this armor... should the worst come to pass I don't need to make it harder on you guys..." She said

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf helps Iulia in the redecorating and nervously looks for something to pin possessed Kale down.

Dark Archive

Hunclay quickly tries to remove what ever he can before a majority of the research materials crash to the ground. An old banner can be found and quickly turned into make-shift bindings.

Unfortunately there is not enough time to remove the armor, tie-up Kale & get down the hall at the same time.

The party rushes back down to the cubiculum where their afterlife began. Charred bits of dwarf are caked upon the floor and walls as small fires crackle as they burn clinging tapestries and burial shrouds. While trying to lodge the table into position, the room quakes again. Shadows cast from the bellow's flame illuminating the dragon's gullet as it claws its way down the newly widened hall. It roars announcing its arrival nearly blowing out the fires within the room.

So one more round of prep if you need it before the dragon is present to engage. Reviewing prep actions:
Table is up to provide cover from dragon fire.
Kale is tied up to be restrained wearing Possessor's Necklace.
Guillaume has the cold iron longsword.
Calli has the halberd & Exorcising Scroll.
Xylas has wand and magical holy symbol out.
Mace is on the ground for anybody to pick-up.
Sound right?


Inactive

Seems right to me! Not really anything else Calli herself can do to prep; she'll keep holding the halberd for now unless someone else wants it.

"Heh...one way or another, this'll make fer a great story some day," Calli laughs as the party scrambles to get into position. However, her expression does change to one of complete seriousness as the dragon can be heard clawing its way back up the hallway. "We can do this. Be strong ya'll."


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Xylas just nods as his throat is too tight to speak.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf grabs the mace lying on the ground and tries to find some cover behind the table.

How did it come to this?

Dark Archive

Old heat of a raging fire
Come and light my eyes
Summer's kiss thru electric wire
But I'll never die

___________________________________

With the party in position, the possessed dragon lumbers down the hall. Once it reaches the entry way, it releases a gout of flame at the group. Able to use the table for cover, the heroes are singed a bit, but unarmed. The table however quickly turns into briquettes.

As the party fans out for battle, the dragon leans back on its haunches, its white eyes beginning to glow. The dragon's mouth slowly opens as a inky smoke begins to pour out if its maw.

"Ego te absolvo," the demon says as coalesce near the ceiling. It has shadowy bat-wings with long teeth and claws. It then dives forth towards the heart of Kale's Possessor's Necklace. Kale tries to scream out but her mouth only emanates silence.

Kwislingyr eyes burn with a golden light as he returns to his senses. Heat waves distort the glowing furnace at the back of his throat as he scans his surroundings. It stops and stares at Kale, who's head is hanging low, hidden among the shadows. Kwislingyr stretches his neck toward Kale and roars!

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 6, 2) = 21

Kale is brought down to her knees as she is Shaken with fear. Kwislingyr produces an ensorcelled rock from his fore claw. It springs forth a bright light that stretches out in a 60' radius. Kale hisses violently when the light is produced and stares deeply at the dragon. Kwislingyr roars again as she scans her own body.

"I cannot stay," Kwislingyr announces after making a silent discovery.

"You alone must defeat the demon. I cannot reside when it dies. I was forced to swollen the Tear of Menxyr which acts as the demon's magic jar. Accursed fiend!"

Before Kwislingyr departs he Blesses(per the spell) the party (not Kale).

"Do you believe you were truly resurrected in error? I pray you become the heroes you were meant to be. Save your friend. Exorcise the shadow demon... but only in the light of the sun. Look to the past for the words to exorcise the fiend and prepare your weapons to fight the creature when it erupts. Wield Soulsplitter and Dragon's Doom. May the Waybringer bless you."

Kwislingry returns back whence it came leaving the party circling a kneeling, bound Kale whose skin color has turned ashened.

Round 1

Init:
Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Xylas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Guillaume: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Iulia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Xylas & Guillaume are up! Actions are taken in order of posting.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Drawing his longsword, Guillaume readies himself to strike.

Move action to draw, ready a standard to attack the demon as soon as it leaves Kale


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

can I use the holy symbol as a divine focus? if so, put up the wand and cast magic stone.

Dark Archive

You may.

Guillmaume steels himself for combat.

Xylas quickly finds a few throwing rocks among the rubble. He enchants three of them and they give off magical glow.

Kale is up!


I thought I was last?

Dark Archive

Nope. 16 (+2 mod) beats 16 (+1 mod), 10 & 9


Right! XD I saw the Init list and saw my name last and went, "Oh I go last!" Nope.

Kale opened her eyes, their silver color replaced with abyssal darkness, and smiled at her former allies. "This body is not as strong as the dragon's was but it will do for the time being." the voice was a mixture of Kale's and the demon now within her. "You tied her up hmm? So cute." The demon began to flex against the bonds that held Kale's body.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 2 = 6

The demon within Kale hissed as the bonds did not break. "Fools! When I get free of these bonds I will kill each of you slowly so she can watch helplessly as her own body rips her friends apart!!"

Dark Archive

Kale's new found unearthly voice echoes throughout the burial chamber. She is, however, unable to break the bonds that bind her as they hardly strain.

Everybody can go BUT Kale


Inactive

Calli's Round 1

"Hey wait! Whaddya mean look to the..." Calli calls, but it's too late - Kwislingyr has already departed. "Damn..." she mutters as she turns her attention to Kale as the possessed woman attempts to break free of her bonds.

"Sorry, can't let ya do that!" she cries as she dives upon her companion and attempts to restrain her further. "We gotta get her outside, like the dragon said!"

Grapple (Improved Grapple): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Xylas pauses looking at the wand. "We can drive it out again, but what then? Keep her covered."

Xylas moves back into the room to find Hunclay."Quick! Where's the exit to this place? There's gotta be a way outside."

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Come on Xylas, back out the tunnel. I think the entrance is straight down it, the way the dragon came in. Let's give Calli a hand!"

The witch lends her slender form to the efforts to handle the restrained Kale - although it has little effect.

cmb to aid Calli: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

While holding on to the mace, Haruf cries out during the breath that dismantled the table. After the repossession, thought, he toughens up and helps Calli.

Aid Calli's grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Come on, woman, let's go get some air As he grabs Kale.

Dark Archive

Calli starts the dog pile on Kale. Haruf joins in but Iulia bounces off the pile.

Xylas races down the hall yelling. He find Hunclay near the door, ready to slam it shut at a moments notice.

"Up the passage, follow the main hall. It will lead to the entryway then outside."

Guillaume maintains his readied stance.

Kale Only is up!


The demon smirked using Kale's lips. "You all shouldn't have gotten so close. It makes killing you all far easier!" She smirked before she began to twist and move in their arms trying to get free.

CMB: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20

Haruf and Calli felt Kale twist while in their grasp, and noticed the binds almost give way. "Oooh, getting closer."

Dark Archive

Demon Kale is unable to escape her bonds or her companions.

Suddenly the entire room shakes more violent then it had before, large pieces of stone fall from up above and the movement nearly knocks everybody to their feet. After the last tremors, there appears to be no more rumblings

Reflex DC 12 or be knocked prone

Perception DC 20, non-action:

You see daylight at the end of the tunnel the dragon went down.

Everybody BUT Kale is up!


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
percept: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Xylas stumbles, knocked off his feet. He gets back up and moves toward the others. "Down the hall! Take her down the hall!"

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Iulia lands squarely on her backside, and utters a colorful Kelish curse. "Now what? The very earth is moving on us!"


Inactive

Reflex (DC 12): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Maintain Grapple (Move): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Despite the sudden shaking of the earth, Calli somehow manages to both keep her feet and keep her hold on Kale. "R-right!" she calls in response to Xylas and begins dragging the struggling Kale down the hallway.

Should be able to move her 15 feet this round. Slow and steady wins the race? Maybe?

Dark Archive

So CMD (with modifiers) for Kale to break the grapple is 25. If other PCs want to Aid a successful Aid check to grapple can either add an additional +2 to the CMD OR you can further drag Kale down the hallway another 15'. Yes this allows more movement given in a round, but it adds to the dramatis. =v)

Xylas falls to the ground. He stands back up and starts to move toward the party (1 round away from the group).

Calli is able to maintain her footing and starts to drag Kale down the passage. She makes it 15' down the 60' long hall.

Iulia, Guilly & 8 Arms are up.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Reflex DC12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Assuming I made that, I'll help drag with the hand I don't have a sword in, assuming you don't need two hands

Perception DC20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 This is for the CMB check to drag Kale

With his superior elven senses, honed by decades watching for dangerous beasts in the forest, Guillaume noticed a dim glow in front of the group, still a ways off yet. "Look! You can see the light up ahead!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Haruf keeps his balance, but this pulls all his attention. He tries to maintain his grip.

Alright, druid, lead the way!

Help the grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Dark Archive

You can make a grapple check with one hand at a -4.

Guillaume points out newly discovered light at the end of the tunnel but he is unable to grab purchase upon Kale with his off hand.

Haruf further restrains Kale making it very difficult for her to try and muscle her way out.

Kale Only is up!


"NO! NO!" The demon cried and kept struggling. "I will not go!" She snapped.

Concentration Check DC:21: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

"The light will never reach me, this body is mine!" She hissed as a dark cloud slowly began to encompass Kale and those who held her. "Can't take me to the light if you can't see it!" She laughed.

Sorry this took so long for me to get up!

Dark Archive

Actually the Concentration Check was 30 but good job!

Tendrils of Deeper Darkness seep out of Kale's skin to wink out beams of Daylight radiating from the dragon's glowing stone. The orb of night blots out any daylight to be seen ahead as well. Last seen, the end of the passage was 45' away.

Everybody but Kale can go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf, though still able to see due to his orcish nature, figures out why it is no longer fruitful to drag Kale to sunlight. He hisses while still maintaining his grip:

Why don't we just knock her out? Now even Kale is doing magic...

Help the grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Xylas finds that the lights go out just as he reaches the others. "Where did everyone go?" he asks, listening closely to locate the others.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

He reaches around to help grab the possessed warrior and drag her forward.
grab: 1d100 ⇒ 55
assist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Dark Archive

Haruf helps Calli maintain a good grip on Kale for another round.

Xylas runs back from the Crucible and rejoins the party (full round action).

Calli, Iulia & Guillaume are up.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia frowns. She positions herself with the demon inbetween her and the door and tries a simple command, not knowing how else to help.

"Demon, you can hear me, yes? I have only this to say - flee from your doom, now!"

DC 16 will


Inactive

Although she hated to get rough, Calli had to admit that Haruf had a pretty good idea - especially since no one had mentioned that Kale would start pulling shenanigans like this while possessed!

Grapple (Damage): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Non-Lethal: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"Sorry Kale, Haruf's right!" she says as she aims a punch at the back of the struggling woman's head. "It's for yer own good!"

Not sure what penalties I need to apply to all of this due to the darkness.

Dark Archive

Calli you get +5 to your CMB grapple rolls since you are in control of the grapple

Iulia attempts to Command the piined Kale to flee.

Calli rabbit punches Kale with one hand while tying up her arm with the other.

Kale Only is up! Opposing Grapple right now is at 24. She is still Pinned.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Taken off guard by the sudden smothering darkness, Guillaume tries to sense anything he can that would give him a direction.
Perception check. No sight I guess. Hearing? Smell? Whatever works. Modify the roll as needed, I assume not being able to see would knock it down some.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Dark Archive

Going to act for Kale to keep things moving.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Recede! Porca est!"

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Kale appears to be uneffected by Isulia's spell. She growls out in unearthly tones... but nothing happens.

The Entire Party may go, but Kale


I was just about to post. Sorry guys, Mondays are bad for me and I don't get home till late.


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

still not sure what rolls you want???

assist grapple: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Dark Archive

No problem Kale.
Xylas, Its not what I want, it's what you want to accomplish. Just rolling dice without any context isn't much to work with. When you are assisting to grapple, is it to restrain Kale or is it to move her. Remember, Xylas also has a bigger part in this exorcism to play.


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Hopelessly lost in the darkness, Xylas keeps a hand on the wall proceeding toward the exit.


Inactive

Still feeling Kale struggling and hearing her speak strange words, Calli aims another punch at the back of the woman's head. "Can't believe yer makin' me do this to Kale!" she grumbles.

Grapple (Damage): 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 5 = 14
Non-Lethal: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Xylas continues past the melee and stumbles through the darkness. He knows he will get to the end of this passage soon.

Calli tries to strike Kale again, but her forearm glances off Kale's head. She receives no damage.

Everybody's senses feel disoriented with the Venn diagram of Daylight, torchlight and Deeper Darkness illuminating the halls.

Iulia, Guilly & 8 Arms are up.
Currently Xylas is 45' down the hall from the burial chamber. The rest of the party is 15' from the burial chamber. The end of the passage way was 60'. Callie, Guillaume & Haruf are currently grappling with Kale.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf nervously says:

Alright Kale, this is how they do it like orcs. Don't hold no grudge!

He realeases the grapple and furiously strikes!

Unarmed Attack 1: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Unarmed Attack 2: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Bite: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5
Nonlethal damage 1: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Nonlethal damage 2: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Bite (lethal): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

The little half-elf gives a little push, attempting to aid Calli.

"We can drag her down the hall into the light! We don't have to beat her up - and you can block the darkness if you cover her."

aid to grapple to drag: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

"This way!" Xylas keeps calling from down the passage to guide his companions through the darkness.

101 to 150 of 1,689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.