The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


151 to 200 of 1,689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Haruf is unable to damage the well-armored Kale as the two women wrestle around in the halls of death. Iulia tries to help but is unable to really see what she is doing.

Kale Only is up!


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Guillaume continues to make his way down the passage, while attempting to grapple with Kale.

Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Then I shall grab Calli, Xylas, and Haruf in the cone

"Let us see if you mortal wills can withstand this!" She hissed.

Concentration check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Yeeeah, no! XD There was ganna be so much more but that check totally failed!

Dark Archive

Kale tries to do something again, but nothing happens.

Everybody BUT Kale is up.
Currently Xylas is 45' down the hall from the burial chamber. The rest of the party is 15' from the burial chamber all surrounding Kale in some fashion. The end of the passage way was 60' from the burial chamber.

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia tries once more to push Kale stubbornly resistant possessed backside further down the hallway, with a grunt and a huff.

aid the others to drag: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 aided! (probably Calli?)

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf gives up his attempt at punching.

I'll help ya Iulia, I only wish we had stripped the lady of her armor, he finalizes oblivious to the subtext of his remark.

Help Iulia drag Kale to the surface: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Inactive

Seeing that it would probably take about as much time to pummel demon-Kale into unconsciousness as it would to just finish dragging her outside, Calli stops with the punching and resumes dragging the struggling woman along.

Grapple (Move): 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 5 = 9 Oof, go figure!

Dark Archive

Julia and Haruf are able slug Kale down the hallway in the dark. Calli, however, lost all control over Kale as the possessed woman wiggles around wildly.

Shouting echoes from down the hall. Could that be Hunclay?

Guilly & Xylas are up.
Grappling group is 45' down the 60' hall. Calli, you no longer get the +5 bonus to grapple since you weren't able to maintain. Therefore Kale is just Pinned with the bindings.


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

As the group finally reaches him, Xylas attempts to grab hold and haul Kale the final pitch.

1d20 ⇒ 18


"We have to be getting close, folks. Keep trying!" Guillaume says, trying once again to assist with dragging Kale down the hallway.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

With a final collective push, the party is able to maneuver the writhing Kale into a large underground central room. The ceiling of this cavernous chamber vaults to a height of sixty feet, forming an architectural wonder unsupported by any visible columns or buttresses. The apex of the ceiling would form a dome, but there is a huge hole to the outdoors in its place. Bright, glorious daylight is forced through the hole onto the pile of freshly landed rubble below.

Screaming down the hall, Hunclay shouts. "Start the exorcism, I'll bring the light!"

Kale Only May Go. She is currently only pinned, but not grappled by any party member.


CMB: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23

A cruel smile curled on Kale's lips as she ripped out of her bonds. "Now things are going to get fun." She said as she took a set back from those around her.

Free five-foot step! Sadly I can do nothing else this round...

Dark Archive

Free, Kale almost seems larger in size and stature. Surrounded by her companions, darkness continues to envelope everybody.

That is until Hunclay arrives with the sunstone Kwislingyr left behind. The Deeper Darkness and the Daylight neutralize each other, leaving only the beam from the heavens to illuminate the hall.

Everybody But Kale may go. It will take either a grapple and a move while grapped to get Kale in the light. Or a Bull Rush. Or anything else the heroes want to think of. Proceed.


Inactive

"Oh no ya don't!" Calli yells as Kale manages to break free of her bonds and attempts to retreat. She charges at the woman, trying to bodily push her back into the glare of the sunlight streaming down from the hole above.

Bull Rush: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Perhaps it's because she's expended plenty of energy already wrestling with Kale or perhaps it's the demon's influence, but rather than push the woman back Calli simply seems to hit her and bounce off.

Heh, even without demon shenanigans I'm pretty sure that doesn't pass her CMD. Where'd my good rolls go!?

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia picks up stone from the ground, holding her arm back and ready to throw at Kale if she should try magic. "You can just leave you know, go back to your home plane. Haven't you had your fill of the mortal plane? Trapped for years, and you just want to stay here and get in more trouble? Bad idea!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Xylas sighs. "I did say I couldn't give y'all this much trouble." He chucks a glowing stone at Kale's head.

PB everybody must get stoned: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

Kale stands with her hands on her hips in the traditional Wonder Woman pose as Calli is unable to budge the warrior.

Iulia resorts to threatening the possessed Kale with a stoning and harsh language. Surely there are some sharps sticks around ...

Xylas's charged stone flies at Kale's breast plate. For a moment, a sigh of disappointment is exhaled. But instead of of bouncing off the metal, the stone punches through the armor like it was a sheet of parchment. Kale is barely standing after the attack.

Haruf & Guillaume are up!
I have Kale at 5 NL dmg and 7 dmg

Dark Archive

Kale go ahead and go as well now. So we got Haruf, Guilly & Kale able to go. Again, I'm going on vacation for the week. The latest I'll be back online will be the 28th. Happy Bunny Day everybody.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf takes deep breath and attempts to push Kale into the light.

Here goes nuthin'

Bull Rush: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Muttering the Druidic incantation "PrᎣᏚcᎡ FᎳᎺ" and weaving an intricate pattern with his outstretched fingers, Guillaume conjures flame into his hand. "Hope this works...". He flicks the flame at Kale from his outstretched hand.
Castin Produce Flame, using it as a ranged touch attack.

To-hit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Damage if hit is successful: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Kale gave an angry growl as Guillaume's flames hit their mark. She ignored Haruf's attempt at pushing her into the light. She took a step away from Haruf, glaring at Guillaume. "You will regret that." She informed him before she looked around to all the others. "As will your friends" She smirked as her hands glowed with darkness before a blast bust out from her.

Will save! DC 19 else you go flying 100 feet back.

I have Kale sitting at 5 nonlethal, 5 lethal. Three more points and she passes out!

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

A with lets fly with a rock!

Ready action
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

*Poink* It bounces off armor.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf opens his legs and arms into a brawling-like stance and looks at Kale looking confident.

He goes for Kale's legs and tries to pull them.

Round: 5ft step towards Kale and trip attempt. Provokes attack of opportunity
Trip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Kale Amora wrote:

Kale gave an angry growl as Guillaume's flames hit their mark. She ignored Haruf's attempt at pushing her into the light. She took a step away from Haruf, glaring at Guillaume. "You will regret that." She informed him before she looked around to all the others. "As will your friends" She smirked as her hands glowed with darkness before a blast bust out from her.

Will save! DC 19 else you go flying 100 feet back.

I have Kale sitting at 5 nonlethal, 5 lethal. Three more points and she passes out!

Nebten said 5/7 earlier, and I just hit with 5 more. Shouldn't it be 5/12?

Dark Archive

Quick note, the produce flame hit and in turn knocks Kale out. This is due to her lethal dmg surpassing her NL dmg. Game paused after Gully attack, will restart game on my post next week.

Dark Archive

The stream of flame sails through the air towards the possessed Kale. Her armor nearly goes transparent as the flame reaches the brestplate. In a loud crash, the maiden warrior falls to the ground unconscious.

"Quickly, get her into the light," Hunclay yells.

The party is able to move Kale's body into the center of the beam of light shining in from above. Once, a huge, winged shadow blocks out the sun as a terrifying dragon's roar can be heard in the air.

Kale begins to convulse in the light. Her body shakes violently as if the full plate armor bears no weight on her. Dark, inky smoke begins to fume from her ears, nose and mouth. They reform in a shadowy cocoon. Wings folded over like a cape, a horned head rises up like a sick child. The shadow fiend can only glare at the heroes that surround it. With weapons drawn in hand, the party prepares for the biggest fight of their new lives.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 3 = 11

Everybody May Go. Kale is unconscious but stable.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf smiles at the fiend. He speaks softly.

You're dead, demon.

Round: Draw Soulsplitter and attack with flank and two hands

Flank attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Dmg: 1d8 + 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (7) + (4) + 5 = 16

Dark Archive

The flickering Soulsplitter becomes slolid when it strikes and damages the shadow demon. It releases a cry that sounds like a thousand tortured souls from the Abyss.

Demon: 16 pod
Everybody but Haruf and Kale are up.


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

The half-elf stands back from the fray and throws a magic stone.

20' pb attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 9
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7


Inactive

Calli's jaw drops with surprise as the sunlight seems to force the demon out of Kale's body without any need of the exorcism rite.

Well, saves a little time I guess!

Fairly certainly that her fists alone won't do much good against a creature of shadow, she awkwardly hefts the halberd in both hands and takes an almost comical swing at the demon. "RAHHH! Go back to whatever hell ya crawled outta!"

Attack (+2 Dragonbane Halberd; Nonproficient): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Drawing the masterwork longsword and gripping it firmly with both hands, Guillaume advances on the shadow creature with a cry of "Begone Abomination!" he takes a two-handed swing at the creature.

to-hit: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dark Archive

Xylas's stone goes wild either due from shock of the scene or from not wanting to strike his companions.

Calli nearly hits the shadow demon as it appears to be restrained in some fashion.

Guillaume blade shimmers with magic as it lands a solid blow on the shadow demon.

Iulia doesn't know what to do with herself.

The shadow demon eeks out one arm from beneath its cloaking wings. It reaches out towards Soulsplitter with claws extended.

Casting on the Defensive: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 27
Casting thru Grapple: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 24

Being unable to focus on his spell, nothing occurs.

Entire party may go! Everybody in melee add flanking bonus.
Kale still unconscious
Shadow Demon Dmg: 19

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Seeing the demon's attempt at casting, Haruf angrily says:

Oh, no, you don't. Back to the pit with ya!

He swings the Soulsplitter, again with 2 hands, this time, attempting to also bite the demon.

Soulsplitter Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Sousplitter Dmg: 1d8 + 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 5 = 8
Bite attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Bite Dmg: 1d4 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 1 = 6

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

"Why don't you go back to whatever blessed corner of the universe from which you came fiend!"

will, dc 14. On a failure, take worst of two rolls on any d20 roll for 1 round

Dark Archive

Haruf nearly dead-eyes the demon with Soulsplitter once again. It dodges out of the way of Haruf's bite without effort.

Iulia hexes the demon with her fickle luck.

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Entire party but Haruf & Iulia may go! Everybody in melee add flanking bonus.
Kale still unconscious
Shadow Demon Dmg: 27


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Xylas offers a silent prayer to Old Deadeye and chucks his last stone into the scrum.

20' pb attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Inactive

Although things hadn't quite gone according to the plan they'd laid out, Calli couldn't deny that the weapons they'd been given seemed to be leaving their mark on the shadow demon. "He definitely don't like these weapons! Keep it up y'all!" she cries as she once again hefts the halberd and takes a swing at their foe.

Attack (+2 Dragonbane Halberd; Flanking, Nonproficient): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

Again, Guillaume swung at the shadowy thing with a two-handed grip on the sword. "Go back to the Abyss, abomination!"

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Edit: Ooh! Crit chance!

Crit Check: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 7
Possible Crit Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

Xylas and Calli's attacks barely miss the shadow demon. It ducks under the stone while twisting at the right moment away from Calli.

Guillaume lands another solid blow on the demon. Ichor begins to pour more frequently from its wounds.

The shadow demon's arms pierce through its wing-cape. Spreading its fingers it tries to envelope Haruf and Iulia in its magical cone.

Cast on the Defensive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Cast on the Defensive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Cast through grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Cast through grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Restrained by the magic within the necklace, the demon is unable to cast its spell.

Entire party may go! Everybody in melee add flanking bonus.
Kale still unconscious
Shadow Demon Dmg: 30

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf looks confident with the group overwhelming the demon.

He thinks, Wait until I tell Zefa how a demon fell in front of my eyes, without realizing his friend Zefa is dead for many years.

He swings Soulsplitter again with two hands and attempts to bite again.

Soulsplitter atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Soulsplitter dmg: 1d8 + 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 5 = 10
Bite atk: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Bite dmg: 1d4 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 1 = 7


Inactive

Getting a bit exasperated with trying to swing the heavy halberd around, Calli instead tries a different approach. "Ya almost had 'em Xylas, just put a little more 'oomph' into it! Way to lay into 'em Spider! Yer doin' great Gee-um! Uh, Iulia...just keep doin' whatever it is yer doin'!"

Calli is activating her Advice ability as a standard action, which functions the same as a bard's Inspire Courage. Everyone gains a +1 morale bonus to saves vs. charm and fear and a +1 competence bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls.

Dark Archive

Haruf is really feeling his grove with a weapon he may have picked up for the first time. He lands another impressive blow to the shadow demon.

Calli coaches on her companions to try and finish off the fiend before it returns to full strength.

Everybody but Haruf and Calli may go! Everybody in melee add flanking bonus.
Kale still unconscious
Shadow Demon Dmg: 40


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Out of stones, Xylas moves forward waving the wand at the shadow in an attempt to distract it for Guillame.

aid another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf says during the melee:

Oi, one of you magic people could heal Kale so she could get up and help us, no?

Sovereign Court

Treasure Witch 2 | HP -3/14 | AC 11 touch 11 flat 10 | Fort +1 Refl +1 Will +4 +2 vs. enchant | Perception +5, Sense Motive +9

Iulia, out of usable magic already, searches for and picks up the nearest stick, intending it to wield it as a club to distract this shadowy creature; it isn't a great option, but it is the only one she has.


Male Undine Hydrokineticist 4 | HP 47/47 NL 0 | AC 22 TO 14 FF 18 | F +8 R +8 W +1 | CMD 17/13(FF) | Init +4 | Perc +7 Darkvision, Blindsense 30 (in water)

"She's still got the necklace on. If she wakes up, could that *thing* possess her again? They may need to get the necklace off her first."
Just spitballing here, I really don't know. But it's a lot easier to kill this thing when it isn't possessing one of our teammates.

At any rate, Guillaume doesn't have any spells that would help, so he takes another two-handed chop at the shadowy demon.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

Iulia is able to find a some debris from the ceiling drop to weild as a make-shift weapon.

Xylas distracts the shadow demon for a moment so that Guillaume is able to slash its backside.

Constranted by the lingering magic of the necklace, the shadow demon tries to bite the dangerous Haruf.

Bite vs Haruf: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Cold Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The shadow demon bites into Haruf's neck. Frostbite quickly spreads from the open wound leaving the rogue staggered.

Everybody may go! Everybody in melee add flanking bonus.
Kale still unconscious
Shadow Demon Dmg: 45


M Half-elf Cleric (Devout Pilgrim) of Erastil 2

Xylas steps away from the demon to Haruf's flank and converts his shielding spell to healing.
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Heavily feeling the bite, Haruf sees the world go blurry from the pain and fights to keep his balance. As Xylas heals him, he regains his focus and goes for the demon again.

I'll show you how to bite!

Round: Soulsplitter + bite full attack

Soulsplitter Atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Soulsplitter Dmg: 1d8 + 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (8) + (4) + 6 = 18
Bite Atk: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Bite Dmg: 1d4 + 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 2 = 6


Inactive

"Not a bad idear, Gee!" Calli calls out. She takes a quick step back and kneels down next to Kale. Carefully, she removes the necklace from the young woman's neck. "Now let's see what happens! Keep up the pressure y'all!"

Free action to maintain her performance, 5 foot step away from the demon, then I'd guess a standard to retrieve the necklacke?

151 to 200 of 1,689 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.