The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Disappeared


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,231 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Tell me about this creature. I can tell it's incorporeal, and that it has SR. Is there anything effective against it other than magic weapons? Can holy water affect it? How about negative energy or smiting?

Damiar maintains the inspire courage, and prepares to cast heroism on the party member best suited to damage the creature.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Damiar knows that because the shadow demon is incorporeal, a weapon must be magical to affect it. It is highly resistant to weapons that are not made of cold iron or good-aligned. It is immune to cold, electricity, and poison, and resistant to acid and fire. While it can resist many spells (SR 17), it does have a weakness to sunlight - which is not very helpful, since it is nighttime.

It is not undead, so holy water won't affect it. I don't see why negative energy wouldn't affect it (though I don't think Shieara can channel negative energy as a good-aligned cleric). Smite evil will get through its DR, but only if a magic weapon is used to affect it as an incorporeal creature.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo’s Chill Touch is negative energy.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

At hearing her sister talk of the weakness to sunlight, Iovo asks in gnomish “So would the oil of daylight do anything useful to it? My hands are full right now with the spell.

Hopefully it doesn’t speak gnomish!


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Bot for Damiar:

As he moves into position by the shadow demon, Damiar reaches a hand over to Kleines and rests it reassuringly on his shoulder, instilling the already-stalwart paladin with a burst of heroism!

Returning to regularly scheduled DM Khel programming:

Arastrax’s cold voice can be heard echoing once again through the minds of the Pathfinders as he hisses, ”My minions and I serve the Onyx Alliance, so this is work, of a sort, for me. But I tell you, I would slay the lot of you and devour your souls just for the sheer pleasure of it!” As the demon speaks telepathically, his jaws open impossibly wide in front of Iovo’s face, then his ink-dark teeth come crashing together in a fearsome display! The midnight-black horror then seems to twist and slip into a shadow, disappearing from view!

Need a DC 18 Will save vs fear from Iovo

Round 5/6 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax (-6 hp)
Shieara
Kleines

Everyone is up!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Will save, Aura of Courage from Kleines: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 = 24 +2 vs Enchantments

Iovo is too busy trying to come up with a plan to destroy the shadow creature to be frightened by its antics.

Did that provoke? SLAs normally do, (Su) don’t.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Spellcraft check to know what it did: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Great..." Shieara huffs, gripping her weapon and looking about warily for where the creature might reemerge - if it does at all.
______________

Shie will Delay for the moment~

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Then Damiar hits Iovo with a heroism, while maintaining inspire courage. "Chill touch it when it comes back, sis!" As a move action she grabs the oil of daylight and hands it to Rees. "Give us a little sunshine, will you?"


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Sorry, I had previewed a concentration check for the SLA, I must have inadvertently deleted it in editing the post.

Concentration: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 Succeeds

Unfortunately, in checking the spell level for fear, I also realized that the spell affects a 30-foot cone, which means I need DC 18 Will saves from everyone, not just Iovo. Don't forget Kleines' Aura of Courage, which gives +4 to everyone but Shieara.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Will save: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 4 = 27

Gnomes fear nothing!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Also, did I get anything with the Spellcraft check?


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy
Phinellippa Dioptrice wrote:
Also, did I get anything with the Spellcraft check?

Geez, I meant to post that too, that's why I checked on the spell level, after all. Sorry to be so scattered in my posting the last couple of days. Unfortunately, fearless gnome, you missed the Spellcraft DC, so didn't identify the spell.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Will Save + Aura of Courage: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 5 = 19

While not as fearless as a gnome, Damiar is still plenty plucky!

Shiera gets a +1 on her save vs fear because of my Inspire Courage!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Wiping the shadow spittle from her face, Iovo waits for her sister to grab the oil from her pouch before sneaking over next to Shieara. The thing said she would be next, let’s see if it really does as it says.

Move via Stealth hoping it is hiding someplace where it can’t see her — like back under the stage, ready attack.
Stealth, shaken, heroism: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 16

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Will: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 = 9

Realizing that this creature is very, very real, the no-longer-incredulous elf drops his bow, as well as the vial Damiar has just handed him, and takes off running at full speed! Bravely run away!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Will (DC 18): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Nopenopenopenope, not doin' this!"

Shieara rather unceremoniously drops her longspear and bolts away towards the...

1=North,2=West,3=South
1d3 ⇒ 3

...south, knocking over chairs and pushing past tables as she goes!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa steps into the spot Rees just vacated, picks up the vial of daylight, and applies it to Kleines's axe!


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Shieara bolts in terror, fleeing the pavilion! Damiar gives her sister a boost of heroic fervor, while grabbing the oil of magical light and handing it to Rees. Unfortunately, a panicked Rees drops the vial to the stage and exits stage left, right behind Shieara! Iovo attempts to copy the demon, slipping into the shadows and moving next to Shieara – or to where Shieara stood moments ago!

Ninja'd! Or Phinja'd! But a well-timed bit of ninja action in any case.

Phin swoops in and collects the oil of daylight, pouring it onto Kleines' axe, combining with the paladin's holy power to transform the Ulfen weapon into a fiercely-glowing icon of sacred might!

Rees Direction: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Round 5/6 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa
Arastrax (-6 hp)
Shieara
Kleines

Kleines is up!

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Edited, based on the demon's reappearance.

Seeing the demon revealed, Kleines steps forward and lashes out! Unfortunately, his righteous enthusiasm gets the better of him, and the axe buries harmlessly in the front of the stage.

+1 axe, PA, IC: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 = 10 Smite: +2 vs. evil
+1 greataxe damage, PA, smite: 1d12 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 6 = 18 Smite: +4 vs. evil, +8 vs. evil outsider, evil dragon, or undead on first hit. All damage bypasses DR.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Kleines, may I offer the campaign coin reroll? Will you take it? I have 5 stars to offer with it.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

I already used my own shirt reroll on an earlier diplomacy check, or I would use that here. Am I allowed to use both?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Unfortunately it looks like it doesn’t allow an additional reroll, just grants one with her stars. Perks page
Towards the bottom:
Pathfinder Society Campaign Service Coins*
* The holder may use their coin to gift a reroll with their star bonus to someone at their table who does not have a reroll from a different source. CSC bearers may still utilize a reroll from a different source.

Bummer!


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Kleines’ axe blow does not connect, but the searing golden light coming from his blade causes Arastrax to shriek in agony! In a panic, the shadow demon tries to cover its eyes with its clawed hands, but the light seems to shine right through them! Raising its claws high, Arastrax seems to slash a hole in the air, and inky black darkness comes pouring out! Waves of light and dark surge back and forth for a moment, flashing through the tent and the sickening green cloud - and ultimately restoring the tent to its original state, with torches flickering against the night.

Concentration: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Spellcraft, DC 18:
The demon cast deeper darkness.

Round 6/7 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax (-6 hp)
Shieara
Kleines

Pathfinders, you are up!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

For those who failed their save vs. fear, how long are we panicked?

Blissfully unaware of what's happening in the tent behind her, Shieara continues to flee at top speed from the scary shadow demon thing and out into the chaos happening elsewhere...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees continues bravely running away!

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

While continuing to inspire courage, Damiar moves behind Kleines, and readies to grab her sister's wand of Magic Missile.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

She shakes it, and nothing but smoke comes out with wheezy fizzle sound. "Huh. Now I know how Iovo feels about trying to activate a CLW wand. I'm going to have to keep practicing!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo rushes into the space that Damiar opened up and tries to touch the shadow demon.

SR check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Chill Touch, IC, Heroism: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 14
Negative Energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Fort DC 15 or 1 strength damage

I assume the spell fizzles...

Drat...

Then as her sister grabs for her newest wand, she says in gnomish “Might want to armor Kleines too!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa steps further from the creature. She pulls out her Pearl of Power.

"I hope this has a greater effect than the wand did!"

caster level check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

pew pew!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

The sudden fluctuations in light levels completely throws off Kleines' aim, as he once again fails to connect. Damn you RNG!

+1 axe, PA, IC: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 = 10 Smite: +2 vs. evil
+1 greataxe damage, PA, smite: 1d12 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 6 = 21 Smite: +4 vs. evil, +8 vs. evil outsider, evil dragon, or undead on first hit. All damage bypasses DR.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Shieara and Rees – your panicked state will continue for longer than this fight (10 rounds), making your posting much simpler!

Shieara and Rees continue to flee into the night, with the cleric’s head start keeping her slightly ahead of the elf, despite her heavy armor! Fortunately, the wedding pavilion is in the center of Pariol Island, so it will be some time before our panicked heroes run into the sea!

Kleines swings the unfamiliar axe again, sparing the poor stage this time, but completely missing the demon! Damiar experiments with a wand, while Iovo attempts to touch Arastrax with an icy hand and misses! You didn’t hit, so I don’t think the spell would fizzle.

Fortunately, Phin has better luck, striking the demon with two glowing missiles, that seem to tear away pieces of its shadowy form!

Despite the magic projectiles piercing it, the demon’s attention suddenly seems to be elsewhere, as it looks through the tent door, as well as through a number of rents in the tent walls where fleeing guests have cut their way out. ”It appears my worthless minions have failed in their task,” the icy voice rings out, ”and have allowed some of those in attendance to escape. He who has bound me has failed at his goal to keep events here secret. As I am no longer bound, I will return to consume your souls another day!”

The demon floats up to the ceiling, out of reach of Kleines’ axe, and concentrates a moment before vanishing with a quiet pop!

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Spellcraft, DC 22:
He cast greater teleport.

Arastrax is gone, combat over!

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"No! Come back here, monster, and face your fate!" Kleines growls and buries the axe in the edge of the stage in frustration.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

He who bound me? Well, that is certainly an ominous phrasing!

Then she looks to Phinellippa and asks “Is it gone? I couldn’t tell what it did there.

Once it becomes apparent that the creature is gone, she will start helping those in need.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar also works on calming people down and helping anyone who needs it. "Trust the Blakros family to have the most memorable wedding reception ever!" She beams at everyone she meets, and talks about how bravely they fought. "We were glad to have you at our sides!"

Later she asks, "Does anyone know who sicced that demon on us? I know the Blakros family has enemies, but sheesh!"

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

It takes nearly a full minute or more but the feeling of fear finally fades away from Shieara, leaving her a bit confused and alarmed. She hurries back to the tent and is relieved to find that the rest of her friends are still alive and in relatively one piece.

"Geeze! What th' heck was that thing an' where did it come from?" she asks as she begins pitching in with triage and helping the injured. "Ah thought th' other thin' we took care of was excitement enough!"


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

The chaos within and outside the tent subsides soon after Arastrax’s disappearance, as the lesser demons see that their leader has disappeared and either give up on their murderous tasks or are slain themselves by the Blakros family’s mercenary guards. The cloud of noxious vapors within the tent dissipates, and Rees and Shieara eventually get enough distance between themselves and the pavilion to stop running, and begin to make their way back to rejoin the others.

With the reception so rudely interrupted and the security of the island clearly breached, Hamaria Blakros calls the weekend’s festivities to a close. Guests are quickly rounded up by surviving mercenaries and ushered to the pier, and the observant Pathfinders notice that Tancred Desimire is not among them, and that his own personal ship has already left the island’s pier. The boat ride back to Absalom takes on a somber tone, any joy at the wedding eclipsed by the death and destruction the demons brought to Pariol Island.

Breaking through this somber note is the praise and gratitude heaped on the Pathfinders for their role in defeating Arastrax. They are lauded as heroes of the wedding, particularly by the various noteworthy attendees they managed to sway earlier in the festivities, and the Society’s prestige grows as a result of their actions.

On their return to the Grand Lodge, the party is greeted by Ambrus Valsin, who has heard of the rather abrupt, violent end to the wedding celebration, and the Pathfinders’ role in preventing an even worse outcome. He congratulates the party on their handling of it all, as they seem to have made the best of a bad situation.

That’s it, folks! If you’re interested, I can give a little peek into the reasons for the demon attack at the end.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

After the debriefing, Iovo asks around and finds someone to copy the spell Magic Weapon from at the normal costs. She is determined to make sure she has a way to help the group deal with such an entity.

She also is curious about this demon Arastrax and does some research at the Grand Lodge libraries she has access to. She also keeps her ears open, hoping to find some useful information in amongst all the random gossip about the attack.

If it isn’t too much of a spoiler, I am curious about the demon attack. Maybe keep it to what our characters could reasonably find out? I’m guessing Tancred Desimire is involved.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared || Spell Templates

*****BEGIN S04E11 - The DISAPPEARED*****

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared || Spell Templates

The gala inside the Chelish embassy appears to be in full swing, and as the faint light from the building falls upon the alleyway outside, Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin’s mission briefing is hard to forget.

“Pathfinders,” Valsin boomed but hours earlier in the briefing chamber within the Grand Lodge, “Zarta Dralneen no longer exists. She never existed. She’s never worked for the Chelish embassy here in Absalom, and she’s never been in charge of the Chelish Pathfinders. At least that’s what I was told, repeatedly, to my face, through three layers of Chelish bureaucrats. I know those people, and they all knew Zarta. They didn’t just forget about her. She’s been ‘disappeared.’

“I don’t know where she went and I don’t know who took her. What I need you to do for me is to go into the Chelish embassy and find out as much as you can by snooping around for a bit. I want to know where Zarta is, I want to know who took her, and I want to know why she was taken.

“We can’t afford to offend Cheliax, so you’ll have to infiltrate their embassy quietly. I’ve devised a cover story that should get you in the side door with orders to see the new Chelish ambassador. An ongoing diplomatic gala scheduled for the same time and a clever ruse by Venture-Captain Amara Li—who is also attending the gala—will keep the ambassador busy, but you’ll have to act quickly if you want to secure the information we need before he arrives to meet you. You must get into the embassy, get what we need, and get back out of the embassy without the Chelaxians ever catching on that we’ve been rooting around.

“Here is a packet of information that bears on Chelish interests in Sargava. It’s legitimate intelligence that we probably would have passed on to Zarta eventually anyway and that we’re willing to give up for free as our ticket into the building.

“You’ll enter the embassy through the north entrance of the residential wing, where Chelish imperial security receives all of their informants. Even if you have a good cover story, you might have difficulty getting past the guards there—if necessary, you’ll have to resort to bribing your way through. Once you’re in, the guards will likely make you wait for the ambassador when you tell them you have important information for him. Don’t give it to anyone else, since once they have the information there will be no reason for them not to show you the door.

“Amara Li will keep the ambassador pinned down at the gala while you break out of the waiting room and snoop around. She will also meet you just before you enter the gala to cast a message spell on you, just in case you need to keep in touch during your mission. You just need to make your way to Zarta’s chambers—they’re in the southwest corner of the residential wing, but you’ll have to find a route that doesn’t intersect with the gala’s attendees or residents of the embassy. Try to get in and out in less than an hour. That’s my best estimate at how long the gala and Li can keep the ambassador preoccupied. Once you’ve got the information and made it back to the waiting area, you just have to wait for the ambassador to find time to see you.

“My informants tell me that Ailenia Hospar, one of the clerks you’ll likely run into at the embassy, is addicted to shiver. I’ve procured some of the drug for you to slip her if she initially proves less than accommodating. You may also have to deal with Anstrella Trelax, the pompous night-duty officer. Beyond that, what you’ll face is beyond my knowledge. I’ve ordered for you to receive several tools that might help you in your mission. Good luck, Pathfinders.”

With that, Venture-Captain Valsin ushered you out of his office, where a clerk arrived bearing small satchel containing two scrolls of disguise self and two elixirs of hiding. Fast forward from then to now, where you stand in an alley on the side of the embassy, face to face with a man in Chelaxian guard livery, the only thing standing between you and the side entrance you were directed to. ”Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. What’s your business at the embassy tonight?”

You can have made any purchases you’d like between the briefing and now.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

At the briefing

Iovo listens carefully to the instructions as Valsin gives them. She frowns slightly at the lack of information about what they may face.

I think I’ve got it.

Talk or bribe our way into the embassy. Insist that we have important information that we can only give to Ambassador, who Amara Li will be keeping occupied.

Hopefully we get put in waiting room. Sneak out and find Zarta’s chambers. Find something we can use. Get back before the guards become aware. Wait and dump the Sargava information on the Ambassador so they don’t get suspicious.

We need to finish our snooping in less than an hour.

She nods, “Seems like a workable plan. Wish we had more information about what to expect.

How much warning do we expect Amara Li can provide if there is a complication?

Looking over to her sister, she adds “This is going to be so much fun!

——
Immediately after the briefing

When the group inspects the satchel, Iovo is pleased by the contents. “Think I will buy one of those elixirs myself.

I think the scrolls are only of use to myself, my sister or Phinellippa. Unfortunately we can’t even cast it on someone else. I’m pretty sure there is a magic item that does something similar though.

Looking to Ironshanks Mcgee, she smiles brightly and says “Hello, we haven’t worked with you before. I’m Iovo Apastron and this is my sister Damiar. You look like a stout fellow, what can we expect from you?

——

Iovo will fill the first level slot she normally keeps open with Disguise Self. She will request a five-pack scroll of See Invisible and buy an elixir of hiding.
2 prestige points, 250 gp

If the group needs it, I could afford a Hat of Disguise. It wasn’t an item I had planned on getting, but I’m sure Iovo could find uses for it on other adventures.
1800 gp

——

At the door, Iovo is eager to get the adventure going. She waits for her sister to convince the guard to let the group in.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared || Spell Templates

The guard directs a driver in a fancy carriage how to get to the guest parking, then turns back to you. "I'm afraid if you don't have any business in the embassy this evening I'm going to have to ask you to move along. We're very busy tonight."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

The Amazing CoCo perches on Phinellippa's head. "Panthers are out of fashion, but ravens never go out of style!"

Phinellippa wears her fancy dress from the last mission. "I may be able to assist our fabrications with illusory magic. Oh, hello! A new person! What is your favorite word?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Smiling up at The Amazing CoCo, Iov replies “Ravens are a style unto themselves!

Then she asks Phinellippa “You are the expert at illusions. What do you have in mind?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Elixir of Hiding

A grizzled old Dwarf tugs at a fancy tie that does very little to conceal the full plate he's decked out in. At least he's managed to get a vest large enough to fit around the breast plate. Shanghaied again I reckon. Or drunk... how'd I end up on a mission like this with a gaggle of ELVES?

Ironshanks looks up from his self reflection as everyone seems to be staring at him, almost like they're waiting for a response. "Uhh, sorry, ears ring sometimes they do. Name's Ironshanks of Clan Magee." He removes a gauntlet and offers up a firm handshake to everyone, extra firm for the Elves in the group. Always show Elves that Dwarves are mightier, Grand Pap would always say.

He finally stops fiddling with his tie and long vest to take a look at the others, raising a busy eyebrow at the raven and panther. "You sure that's a raven and not a crow? Hard tellin' sometimes the difference... But yer right, most cats ain't worth much 'cept a meal if yer starvin'. A trained boar on the other hand..."

Beneath his piss poor attempt at blending in, Ironshanks looks the part of a Dwarven Warrior. Encased in solid steel of the finest craftsmanship, and bristling with weaponry and a heavy darkwood shield to boot. At least he looks the part of a noble Dwarf, hardened by war over the centuries. His beard tells another story though, big and bushy with some attempts at fixing scorch marks. Unbraided in all its natural glory.

"So what's yer plan here? Sneakin' around like an..." He eyes the present company then changes his word choice "Halfer. Ain't my pint of ale. But if ye got some magic ta help me blend in better prolly be a good start."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo’s smile falters slightly at Ironshank’s mention of cats, her eyes darting to Nico.

Shaking her hand to get the blood flowing again after the extra-firm handshake she says “Pleased to meet you, can I just call you Iron?
I hope he doesn’t shake hands like that every time!

I hope that with the elixir I should be able to avoid notice, yes.” She then chuckles at some thought. “At least this time there will not be sand marking my passage every step of the way!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Elixir of Hiding

"Ironshanks. Or Mr Magee if you'd rather. Iron ain't a name, its metal." He gives a nod, making it clear that's settled.

"Sand n snow, not good fer sneaks. Nor mud I guess. No one likes walking around in any of that."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Alright, Ironshanks it is then!

With a nod to Phinellippa, she reminds the stout fellow “I believe that Phinellippa had asked you for a favorite word.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Elixir of Hiding

"Oh. Favorite word?" He tugs his beard lightly as he thinks. "I'm gonna need to think about that one. Why do you ask?"

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

"I'm writing a dictionary! I've written lots of words from Garif, but they're mostly different kinds of stone. I would love to get more dwarven words!"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Elixir of Hiding

"Dwarven words.. for a dictionary.." He pauses and blurts out a word all Dwarves covet. "Adamantine." He draws out his war axe and shows off the blade "The most amazing of all metals to grace the presence of this world."

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,231 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.