The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


451 to 500 of 3,087 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female raven || AC: 15, T: 14, F: 13 || F +1, R +4, W +5 || hp 8/8

The raven comes soaring in, swooping into big loops. "Now presenting, the Amazing CoCo!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix will drink one of the healing potions if they are available after others have used them.

I believe you said we could "take 5", so I'll do that, bringing Verrix to 14/15 hp.

Verrix looks vaguely uncomfortable with the idea of being entertainers. "I am not that... entertaining. I suppose I could pose as the troup's bodyguard. Or, perhaps, a stage hand who is present to lift and carry things. You know. A stage hand who wears scale mail armor. Like they do."

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees listens to the others discussing the plan, pondering his own role. "The leading of performance and entertainment are generally left to others in my... community," he comments, "but I would be glad to encourage participation among the audience."

A glare here, a glower there... of course, if the crowd is particularly well-behaved, perhaps just smiling will be needed.

Grand Lodge

Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

”Ahem. Well, I suppose that’s one idea.” says Metella. ”I’d had something a little more...conventional in mind. Perhaps you could pose as religious pilgrims, seeking answers to questions that require privacy and freedom of movement.”

”’Questions that require privacy and freedom of movement’? How transparent.” interjects Temel. ”That sounds about as prudent as your last plan, and we all saw how that turned out.

”No, I think it would be more believable to pose as visiting merchants, evaluating the inn as a potential waystation for regular trade caravans. Such merchants would require unfettered access to the property in order to assess its amenities.”

Amauhak tries to find some common ground in order to lower the tension in the room. ”Regardless of what ruse you decide on, I think we can all agree that it will be more effective if you stay overnight and perform your exploration under cover of darkness.”

Let me know if you’re going to stick with your circus plan, or go with one of their suggestions.

------------

While you discuss your plan, a sailor comes into the room and tells you that the captain would like you on deck. When you arrive on deck, the captain points to the river ahead and asks ”Which way should we go?”

As you look forward, you can see the river narrow ahead, flowing around a central isle thick with trees and vegetation. The northern fork of the river runs beneath a canopy formed by the isle’s overhanging trees and riverside foliage while to the south, the river is open to the sky above.

Also let me know which direction you want to go.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Merchants? Pilgrims? I think both of those would be a considerable challenge for me.

"Well, merchants would at least explain why some of us are so heavily armed and armored." Iovo reflects on hearing Temel's suggestion. "I fear that isn't one of the activities I've had any training in though."

Looking directly at Metella, she apologetically says "I fear none would believe me a monk in search of solitude and reflect."

Do those two ever agree on anything? At times, it seems they are disagreeing just to be contrary. In general I've liked Metella's plans but this one seems to have overlooked who some of us are.

"If we went as mystics on their way to some location with arcane significance that may work though." At least they would believe that elves would want to do that.

---

When the question is raised of which side of the isle to steer towards, Iovo says "I like to see danger coming. I would prefer the south fork."

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"I think I could more believably represent myself as a merchant than a circus performer, or a traveling mystic for that matter," Garif weighs in. "It is, after all, what many people seem to expect of a dwarf and, as Iovo says, it would help explain why we travel armed as we are. It does seem, however, that we'd do well to have some sort of merchandise we are supposed to be selling - unless we're on a buying trip?"

A light seems to come on in Garif's eyes and he interrupts himself to say, "Perhaps we could be looking for promising ore, on behalf of some mining concern? The tributaries of the Glass River might have placer deposits of some precious metal, just waiting to be discovered! Or at least we could pretend they do."

With a shrug, he finishes his thought, "Of course, I could make a convincing display of looking for ore, but I'm not so good at fooling others - someone else would have to take point on that."

Profession (miner): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 to know if there's ore in the area that would make such a ruse believable?

---------------

"I would agree, being able to see in all directions seems wise, given our experience so far on this river."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

"My preference would be for the plan to travel as religious pilgrims." Verrix says. "In my case, it's not too far from the truth. I am dedicated to Aspis, but having grown up in a relatively sheltered life, mentored by an examplar of Aspis followers, I am on a religious pilgrimage to see more of the world, and understand my place in it. As a Paladin, I can easily justify traveling around in heavy armor on a religious pilgrimage. After all, it is our duty to confront evil and to protect the innocent, and as such we go armed wherever we go."

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

"I know more of the spiritual than the mercantile, to aid our story. Though I hope one of us is good at prevarication, regardless of what we select?"

Seeing the two paths, Phinellippa adds, "Yes, the Southern fork may be better. I could send Coquelicot up ahead as a scout to check for any more ships."

Grand Lodge

Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

The captain takes the boat down the south fork while you continue to discuss your ruse. As you pass about the midway point of the island, the water beside the boat begins to roil and churn, and a winged creature bursts forth, carrying a snake in its claws. As it pulls level it flings the serpent onto the deck!

Initiative:

Iovo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damiar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Verrix: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Water wings: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Slithers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 1:

  • Rees
  • Damiar
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Iovo
  • Phinellippa
  • Water wings
  • Slithers

    Party may act!

  • Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    Some things you might know:

    DC 10 Knowledge (nature):
    The serpent on the deck is a water snake. Its bites are poisonous.

    DC 17 Knowledge (arcana):
    This is a young river drake. You may look at one of the spoilers below, plus one for every 5 by which you beat the DC.
    Defense:
    Spoiler:
    Acid resistance 20, immune to paralysis and sleep

    Special attacks:
    Spoiler:
    Cuastic Mucus: As a standard action, a river drake can spit a ball of caustic mucus that explodes in a 5-foot-radius spread, dealing acid damage and entangling those hit by it.
    River drake’s can pounce.

    Other special abilities:
    Spoiler:
    Three times per day as a swift action, a river drake can draw on its draconic heritage for a boost of strength and speed that allows it to take an additional move action that round.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

    "Watch out! This is a young river drake! It's resistant to acid, immune to paralysis and sleep, it can pounce, and it's about to hack up a nasty lump of mucus."

    She moves toward the edge of the boat and sends a glittering ray of light toward the drake, but it goes wide.

    blinding ray ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "Sandstone, this is a busy stretch of river!" Garif cries out, stepping away from the serpent squirming on the deck. "Nico, that thing does not belong on a boat, please take care of it!"

    He pulls his sling out again, then pulls a stone from his belt pouch. He pauses before slipping it into another pocket, muttering, "Oh, not that one, such a nice example of conchoidal fracture..." He selects another stone, grey and white, and says, "Oh, that agate is nice and hard, will do the job nicely."

    5-foot step, draw and load sling.


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico's instincts kick in before Garif speaks, and the cat drops into a low crouch. At Garif's command, the panther springs forward, biting and clawing at the snake!

    5-foot step, full attack.

    Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    If Damiar starts her song this round, add Inspire Courage to those rather feeble attacks.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    Kn: Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Delay until after Damiar in case of Inspire Courage.

    Iovo draws her bow and fires at the river drake. Anything called a drake has to be the more dangerous opponent!

    Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Potentially +1 if Inspire goes off
    Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Potentially +1 if Inspire goes off

    Edit to add: If allowed, she would take a 5’ step so Verrix doesn’t provide cover.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

    Snek!

    Verrix rushes forward, swinging his warhammer in an arc that smacks into the drake.

    2H Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
    Damage if hits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
    Extra Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (2, 8) + 14 = 24

    Power Attack damage is multiplied on a crit, isn't it?

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    Verrix, you might want to confirm that Crit!

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    Iovo's arrow sticks into the drake with a meaty "Thwack!". Before the creature can react, Varrix connects with a mighty swing that causes the creature to spin, limp and lifeless down to the surface of the water, where it begins to sink. Well, that was quick.

    Nico, bucking the trend, reacts to the snake not with fear but with aggression. The snake manages to avoid the cat's jaws, but is swatted hard by a massive black paw. The snake is still up.

    Rees and Damiar are still up.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    ♫ La la la ♫

    Yes, Damiar will inspire courage, song to come later! I've got a busy night!

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees fires an arrow at the supine snake!

    Pew (PBS, inspire, in melee): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 16
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    Rees pins the snake, motionless, to the deck.

    Well, that was a short encounter. The snake is also down. You have a little time to settle on a plan for the inn.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Verrix watches the drake fall into the water and sink as the boat passes it by.

    "A pity. It was a majestic creature. Of course, not as majestic and impressive as a true dragon, but there was much to be admired about its form and motion. Alas, like so many humans, it fell to a life of river banditry, and finally attacked the ship that could fight back."

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    "Indeed. Quite sad, although I'm rather glad not to deal with the caustic mucus. So have we decided? Mystics, merchants, or entertainers? I think religious pilgrims would be best."

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    With a shrug, Iovo says “Sounds like most would prefer religious pilgrims. What religion will we be claiming? I’ll need someone to fill me in on that!

    No Kn: Religion here.

    What sort of check would it be to know the government type and religious rules of Rasmiran? If Kn: Local I would Take 10 for a 17 and share any laws or other things that may pose problems to our plan.

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    I would accept local, history, or religion for that.

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    As the sounds of battle fade and your journey east resumes, the three envoys emerge from belowdecks. ”Well done, Pathfinders!” Temel exclaims. ”Your prowess in battle has not been exaggerated. Clearly the society sent the right agents for this task. Tell me, though,” as a broad smile crosses his face, ”does your wisdom match your martial skills?

    ”The Pathfinder Society continues to amaze me,” he says, his body language becoming more expressive, ”and it seems to me increasingly prudent to enter into a business arrangement that would certainly be to our mutual benefit--particularly for those with an eye for spotting profit.” He begins to pace, clearly adopting the comfortable air of a seasoned salesman. ”Let me make my case simply: my trade network is growing and already blankets the Inner Sea like no other, and the dwarves cannot hope to compete with the prices I offer. Let us not forget that the Pathfinder have had many mutually profitable business dealings with me in the past.”

    You have an opportunity to ask him any questions before Metella makes her counteroffer.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    Kn: Local for information on Rasmiran government type and religious laws: 10 + 7 = 17

    Iovo is puzzled at first by Temel's comments. Suddenly her expression changes, as if she finally put the pieces of a puzzle together.

    Looking to Temel, she asks "Is that what all the grumpiness between you and Metella is about? The two of you are competing arms dealers?"

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    "I suppose you could call us competitors, though I like to think of us as friends." Metella is in danger of doing a cartwheel she rolls her eyes so hard at that. "As for 'arms dealer', that's so limiting. Yes, I sell weapons, but that's far from all. My trade network supplies everything from food to magic weapons, from medicine to alchemical items, and everything in between."

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates
    Iovo Apastron wrote:
    [dice=Kn: Local for information on Rasmiran government type and religious laws]10+7

    You know that the government is a theocratic dictatorship, ruled by the Living God, Razmir, as enforced by his priests. Worship of Razmir is mandatory, as is tithing to Razmir, for citizens of Razmiran. Foreigners, including clerics of other faiths, are tolerated as long as they are not proselytizing.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

    I'm guessing Verrix knows this as well.

    Verrix says, "In Razmir, you're supposed to worship Razmir if you're a citizen, from what I understand. Sounds like a rather repressive country. One possibility could be that we are pilgrims heading to Mendev to pay our respects to the cruasders there. We are allowed to pass through Razmir as long as we don't proseltyze our faith there."

    ----

    At a time when the Pathfinders are alone, and can speak out of the earshot of the dwarves and Temel Passad, he says, "As regards making a trade agreement... if we can make an agreement with both, that would be best. But, if we have to choose one, I recommend we choose Metella. After all, the point of this whole mission is to help ensure that our relationship with various dwarven kingdoms is not harmed, as we will need their help to find this lost Sky Citadel. If Passad has indeed been an ally to the Pathfinders, I hate to snub him, but I believe that Metella is a better partner for our current needs if we cannot partner with both."

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Re: Razmir

    Rees shakes his head in confusion at Verrix' description of the government. "Repressive?" he asks. "What's repressive about that?"

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    Citizens can not worship any other than Razmir. I believe even a small personal shrine or religious symbol would be a severe crime there.

    Taking her Wayfinder out, she mentions “As much as I regret saying so, I think we best hide our Wayfinders.

    Putting action to her words, she looks over her equipment trying to find a good hiding spot in her backpack or someplace else sufficient to survive a search.

    I’ll wait for Metella’s response before replying on who we go with.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "I guess I'll try to play the quiet, devout type, then," Garif offers as the others discuss how to pass themselves off as religious types. "I've not spent much time inside temples - though there was an interesting one in Absalom, where an artisan had carved holy images, and the carvings followed the natural fracture patterns of the stone used, allowing the mineral's crystal structure to truly express itself..."

    Recognizing that perhaps he's done it again, he scratches his head a moment and asks, "Why would we not pretend to be merchants, in a land so dedicated to the flow of gold that they require everyone to tithe? Posing as pilgrims of some other god seems to be inviting trouble."

    -------

    "I'd rather not do business with the fellow trying to stick it to the dwarves, if we can avoid it, but let's see what Metella has to say."

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    "Do you suggest we be Iomedaeans, then, Verrix? Or some other god?"

    Phinellippa would also like to hear what Metella offers.

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    Metella, sensing that the time is right for her counteroffer, steps forward. “Yes, Temel has his bejeweled fingers in many pies and can offer cheaper wares, but consider the advantages of a business relationship with my mercantile concern: our network is many centuries old, and the quality of our goods is unrivaled." She begins to pace, pounding her fist in her palm for emphasis. He gaze locks on Garif as she continues "Furthermore, an arrangement with a firm with such deep roots in the Five Kings Mountains would reinforce the military alliance the Society is already negotiating.”

    She produces a flask from her pocket and holds it out to you. "As a sign of appreciation for considering my proposal, I would like you to have this." She gives you a potion of bear's endurance.

    Temel, of course, not to be outdone, produces his own flask, earning a dirty look from Metella. "And I, as a token of good faith, would like you to have this." This one's a potion of cure moderate wounds.

    They both await your decision, ready to chime in as you discuss their offers.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Verrix looks at his holy symbol of Apsu, and then at Phinellippa. "Um... well, I would of course prefer to pose, although it would not be posing, as a follower of Apsu."

    Thinking further, he says, "Of course, displaying this may count as 'proselytizing', so I should probably hide it. Meaning we could pose as Iomedeans, who would be the ones most likely to make a pilgrimage to Mendev."

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "Perhaps instead of pilgrims we could be a wedding party!" Damiar says, glancing at Rees. She glances around hopefully at the others for about thirty seconds before her shoulders slump.

    "No?" She sighs. "Iomedae it is. Couldn't we have picked a god that did not have a stick up her..." She breaks off, realizing that her words might sound heretical and disrespectful. "Couldn't we have picked a more flexible god? Iomedae's a bit... stiff."

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees' face betrays a moment of panic as Damiar mentions a wedding and looks his way, but it subsides into one of deep thoughtfulness as he considers the others' view of repression. Why would they want to worship any other god than their leader? They probably don't... but outsiders like us try to convince them that they do, because they're 'repressed'.

    He shakes his head slightly, and frowns a bit more deeply as the merchants offer their 'gifts'. "I don't think we should accept br..." he begins, before trailing off and glancing over at the others.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    With an exasperated sigh, Iovo says “Enough! Let’s pick something and make it work!

    Looking to Verrix, she says “If Apsu is the type that wants demons destroyed, that is enough reason for one of their faithful to be headed to Mendev. Then at least one of us would have authentic paraphernalia.

    Looking to the rest, she says “Although it isn’t where my strengths lie, it seems a group on a pilgrimage is the most believable. We can dodge some of the questions by mentioning how we were warned not to do any proselytizing.

    Looking to Garif, she says “I doubt we could convince people we were merchants. It doesn’t seem any of us are trained in anything resembling that and we certainly can’t endanger the delegates” waving her hand in the direction of Temel and Metella “just to make it more convincing. Their safety needs to take priority.

    Although a traveling circus sounded like a lot more fun, I think we will probably be better off in this case portraying ourselves as pilgrims.

    Now, does anyone have anything more they can offer that would help with this plan?

    Who to buy from

    Temel offers discount wares, while Metella offers quality. It is generally easier to find merchants with discount wares than it is those with high quality. I think we should support Metella.

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    Near dusk, the captain of the boat points out a pleasant country inn up a hill on the north shore of the Glass River, where a small dock offers a berth for the Abacus. A stone path leads from the dock about 200 yards through some light tree cover to the villa, where you can just make out a sign above wide wooden gates reading “Welcome to the Gray Revelation Inn.” The gate leans open invitingly, and the smell of fresh flowers wafts on the cool breeze.

    ”So, we’ve arrived at the Inn. Tell me,” Temel asks, ”have you decided which of our proposals you prefer? Which you shall recommend to the Society?” ”They have more important matters to attend to right now, Passad!” snaps Metella. ”Do think it over, though” she adds, turning to you. ”I’m sure you’ll make a wise decision.”

    I will need a decision on this by the end of the scenario.

    Before you debark, Amauhak asks to speak to you. ”We shall remain here in our cabins while you venture forth; I shall endeavour to maintain harmony on board, though I am daunted by the task. If you will permit me, though, I would offer you a word of advice: think carefully before committing violence on Razmiri soil. Avoid doing so, if at all possible. I know my colleagues agree on this point, and by now you should realize how rare a thing that is. That said, I wish you good luck and wise heads.” He bows and once again descends to the lower deck, leaving you to go to shore alone.

    ----------

    The open gate reveals a profusion of flowers planted around a lovely courtyard, filling the air with an enchanting fragrance. An oaken door to the north is the obvious entrance to the inn, while south are the broad doors of a stable. Wooden gates allow egress to west and east, and a roofed well lies at the east end of the main court. Just inside the gates rest a heavy oaken beam, suitable for barring the gate from within.

    As you walk into the courtyard, a man walks out of the stables with his hand held up in greeting. He waves and points at the entrance to the inn. Seeing your confusion, he points to his mouth, then shakes his head to indicate his inability to speak. He guides you to the main entrance and opens the door for you revealing a large common room. Dark oaken tables, chairs and benches fill this comfortable, L-shaped room, and the faint odors of tobacco and ale permeate the air. Narrow windows with panes of smoked glass along the north and south walls allow some light into this welcoming space. An old, matronly woman, clad in peasant clothing and an apron sits at the centermost table of this room. Her voluminous white hair is piled atop her head and secured in a conservative bun. She wears a red scarf about her neck and a wry smile on her face. ”Hello there!” she says as you walk in, rising to greet you. ”Welcome to the Gray Revelation! My name is Addas Grymble, proprietor. How may I help you?”

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    "Well, hello, Addas! We'd like to get some rooms for the night. There are quite a few of us; I hope you aren't too full!"

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Is the Temel / Metella question an either / or proposition? I don't see why the Society couldn't make alliances with both merchant houses. If I have to choose, I choose Metella.
    ____

    "Well met! What a lovely place you have!" Damiar beams at the elderly couple. "A few rooms would be lovely! We're tired, and it's a long way from here to Mendev!"

    ____
    Neither of which is a lie... I want them to make the inferences. Much easier to lie if they draw their own conclusions.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    I would also opt to go with Metella.

    As the party arrives at the inn, Garif is glad to note that it is a pleasant place, though perhaps a bit heavy on gardens and oaken beams and lacking in proper stone. He greets the friendly fellow at the stables, and can't help but notice that he and his companions seem to keep running into people with difficulties with speech. The deaf gillman in the cave with the lovely stalactites, and now this fellow. One wonders if perhaps they just don't want to talk to Pathfinders...

    Laying a hand on Nico as they enter the inn proper, to communicate to any strangers that the great cat is not just roaming free but is, in fact, his traveling companion, Garif lets the others do the talking a moment. He's not much for bluffing and trickery, and does his best to look like a religious pilgrim. I am a pilgrim, on a religious mission. I am a pilgrim, on a religious mission, I am a pilgrim... he tells himself, as if it will lead others to come to the same conclusion.

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    ”Oh, why thank you dear! No, we certainly aren’t too full. In fact, it’s market day off in Xer, so even most of the local folks you might normally see here for dinner are away. You’ll have the run of the place this evening, I think. Excuse me for a moment.” She turns to the man who met you outside and says ”Thank you Rosh, that will be all for now”, prompting him to give you another wave and depart. To clarify, Rosh (the man who met you outside) seems more like a hired hand than part of a couple.

    ”So, Mendev, eh? Is that where you’ve come here from? What brings you to lovely Razmiran?” I will need a bluff check from whoever is primarily presenting your cover story. Anyone that chimes in (like Damiar) may attempt to aid if they wish.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Bah. I'll have to lie outright, then.

    Damiar's smile widens.

    Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

    "From there? Oh no. We have other reasons to go there, they're rel..." She breaks off. "Oh dear. I'm not allowed to proselytize, am I? But the Worldwound needs our help. We're just traveling on pilgrimage."

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    "Yes, we are heading to Mendev. We're really just passing through Razmiran, though it is a lovely country!"

    Bluff, to aid Damiar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees nods his agreement as he pulls out a chair and seats himself.

    Bluff to Aid (favored enemy): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

    Or not! :)

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "Yes, we do a, uh, religion thing," Garif says awkwardly. "I am a pilgrim, on a rel..." His voice tapers off as he realizes he is decidedly not helping.

    Bluff, Aid Damira: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    Cheerful as always, Iovo asks the hostess “Have you heard any recent news of the Worldwound?

    Bluff, Aid Damiar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

    Grand Lodge

    Outpost Curious Claim | Fate of the Scoured God || Spell Templates

    Addas looks at you for a moment and then smiles. "Well, I think that's wonderful, though I wouldn’t know anything about such matters myself, you understand. We welcome all sorts here, dear. Hospitality is our creed, though of course" she says, dutifully, "we do honor The Living God as our overlord.

    "Whatever the reason, I'm so glad you've come to stay with us this evening. Feel free to explore the place; we’re quite proud of it. Eugenia? Tarsi?" she calls over her shoulder. "Come out and meet our guests."

    Two women emerge from the kitchen, younger but obviously related to Addas. ”These are my sisters, Eugenia and Tarsi.” They greet you warmly and explain that they were in the kitchen canning fruit and making jam. ”We have a nice beef stew simmering as well, if you’d like some dinner.” Eugressia wears a bright yellow scarf that is strikingly similar to one you’ve seen recently around the neck of Amauhak.

    Eugenia gives you a tour of the inn and tells you that you have a choice between a simple room with simple furnishings for 5sp per night, a more finely appointed guest room for 3gp per night, or a lavish chamber with the luxury of a window for 5gp per night. All three can be locked from the inside, if you wish. On the way she points out a cozy den, telling you that it is only available to overnight guests such as yourselves, rather than the local farmers and shepherds that frequent the inn most evenings. She also points out the baths at the western end of the inn. She asks you how long you'll be staying and which kind of room you'd like, and for payment in advance. Temel has provided you with funds to cover whichever type of room you'd like to match your cover story.

    After getting you situated and serving you dinner, Addas excuses herself for a moment to go check on Rosh and take him a bowl of soup. ”He’s a dear, but he does need supervision." She looks around, then leans in and adds in a whisper ”He’s a bit simple, you understand.” She heads out to the workshop carrying a wooden bowl of stew, returning a few minutes later empty-handed. All three sisters wish you a pleasant evening and retire to a locked chamber off of the den. ”Just ring this bell if you need anything, dears.”

    You are alone in the inn. I’ve posted a map with the areas labeled. What would you like to do?

    GM Screen:
    1d20 ⇒ 19

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    When asked about rooms

    Looking to Damiar, Iovo asks “Would it be too much of an indulgence if we treat ourselves to one of the fine rooms?

    She will accept whatever the group decides.

    Now

    Once the three women have retired, Iovo gets everyone into the common room. There she whispers “Where shall we search first?

    451 to 500 of 3,087 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.