The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,801 to 2,850 of 2,991 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Ah dunno...we were warned t' leave th' shrine there alone, right? Ah reckon there's not much else t' be done 'cept say a few words for all th' fallen," Shieara sighs.

While the others begin to work on gently corralling the surviving prisoners back towards the surface Shieara thinks for a moment before deciding on what to say.

~When the bell rings for last orders
Please don’t panic or get vexed
It’s simply time to sup this world’s last drink
Before ordering your first in the next

It’s always opening time in heaven
And the alcohol doesn’t go to your head
It floats around in one’s ether
And fortifies your spirit instead

The dinosaur scratchings are slightly chewy
And the Martian wine’s an unfriendly red
But not peeing in the night is pure delight
And leaves you longer to hang over your bed

Your angel’s share is there to be asked for
Of the malt whisky escaped from oak casks
You can savour a peaty Macallan ‘46
For a drink that will forever last

“The Traveler’s Rest” always welcomes departed drinkers
With a warm smile and a kindly nod
You’ll never have to put your hand in your pocket again
Because this really is a free house, thank god~

Fortifying the Spirits - Michael Ashby

"Awright, let's go."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar grins. "Hey, that's catchy. We should put that to music sometime." She helps guide prisoners out, even helping carry the wounded ones.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The rescued guards among the prisoners assist you in ushering the remaining prisoners back to Swift Prison. As you emerge, you are approached by several members of the local constabulary. While they don't seem hostile, neither do they seem particularly friendly toward you as they approach. "We'd like to ask you a few questions. We know you were in the prison a short while ago. What do you know about the missing chapel bell?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Iovo blinks in mild surprise when the guards ask about the bell. “You mean the mad painter was right? He painted a mural that showed snakes carrying a bell!

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"We were in the prison, but so was the bell," Garif responds thoughtfully to the constables. "So we know a little about the bell, but one thing we definitely did not know about the bell is that it was missing, since it wasn't missing when we were there. Do I make myself clear?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The guard sighs and hands you a piece of paper. "Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. This was left for your boss, nailed to the door of the chapel."

Note added to the slides.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Iovo frowns as she reads the note. “Crude, rude, and really rather pathetic. At least the self portrait is amusing.” She passes the note on to the rest of the group.

I guess this is the thanks we get for helping rescue one of their people. I will need to keep that in mind for the future.

Pausing a few moments, then she turns to the guard and asks “Did the guards we found in the cages get to a priest? They were exposed to a ghast and we suspect they caught the disease. I would hate if they didn’t get treated!

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Hmmph," grumps Garif. "Some people just can't resist showing off how clever they are. It's like when Nico brings in a giant rat he's killed, all proud of his hunting prowess. But at least I can interpret that as looking out for me, since I don't hunt so well. As you say, Iovo, this is just rude."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Really? Really?? Sonnuva-" Shieara starts, but then bites down on whatever tirade was on the verge of tumbling out and instead simply grinds her teeth.

"Should've known. Least we saved th' pris'ners..."

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Rafar and Nefti?" Damiar raises an eyebrow. "How kind of them to name themselves for us. We should look out for these snakes in the future."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Though she is understandably incensed at the thought of being played by Kafar and Nefti, Venture-Captain Themis congratulates you on rescuing the captives and returning in one piece--that last bit no small feat, from the sounds of it. She promises that the Society will continue to seek Kafar and Nefti, and work to recover the priceless artifact they stole. For now, she bids you rest and recover after your grueling ordeal.

You may even run into Kafar and Nefti again some day, who knows?

Iovo and Shieara each contracted a disease (filth fever for Shieara, ghoul fever for Iovo), but I'm inclined to waive it based on the following (let me know if you disagree): You are safely back at a Pathfinder lodge, where you can take complete bed rest while you recover. Normally, that would heal you 2 points of ability damage for each affected ability score. However, Garif has a high enough Heal skill that he can take-10 to do First Aid, which increases the healing to 4 points per ability per day. Since both diseases do 1d3 points of damage in Dex and Con each day, you can fully recover from a failed save each day until you eventually make your two consecutive saves.

I'll get your chronicle sheets done tonight or tomorrow, then we can take a breather until Khel is ready to launch the next one.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Sounds good to me! I just don’t want to die of Ghoul Fever!
Yay! Made it to 4th level!

Waking the next day, Iovo finds she isn’t feeling so well. She checks with Garif and Shieara only to be immediately put on bed rest.

Although she does make some productive use of the time in study, she isn’t very good at just sitting in bed all day. She isn’t exactly a bad patient, just an impatient one who has trouble staying in place.

Fortunately there is no rule against singing while sick! A few people start to think perhaps there should be.
Perform: Sing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
GM Star reroll: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Good catch, thanks. Go ahead and roll day job checks, those that have them.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perform (sing) GM Star Reroll: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 5 = 17

Damiar caught whatever cold her sibling had.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Profession (Hunter): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Though it's difficult to truly practice his trade while tending to the ailing - yet singing - Iovo, Garif finds a couple of Garundi fellows who, though experienced jade miners, clearly don't know a thing about the silver mine they've bought a significant stake in. He finds the discussions of stopes, adits, sluiceways and smelting a welcome relief from his unexpected medical duties.

Profession (miner): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Rolling for Phinellippa (with her permission):
Profession (Librarian): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


DM | Blakros Matrimony

Getting us going on the next chapter of the Moar Core Tour!

Though you all have been summoned to the Grand Lodge, the place is unusually quiet. Only a handful of other Pathfinders, most of them initiates, walk the halls near the office of Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin. The Grand Lodge’s chamberlain sits behind an organized desk, reading a recently printed chronicle, and tapping his finger on an elaborate open envelope, the only sound in the eerily silent Pathfinder Society headquarters.

“Can you believe this place?” Valsin calmly asks, keeping his eyes squared on his chronicle. “Almost every agent worth her salt is off in Varisia right now. I bet you the Heidmarchs’ manor has more Pathfinders in it than the Grand Lodge.”

Valsin finishes his reading and places the document on the desk, while sliding the envelope forward. “Desna smiles upon us that I have you fine agents here, as I doubt anyone else in Absalom is better qualified for this mission. I won’t lie, this is probably one of the trickiest tasks I’ve ever had to send a group of Pathfinders on, and much rides on its success. I need you to attend a wedding. And not just any wedding, mind you, but a Blakros wedding.”

“The Blakros family is one of the wealthiest families in Absalom—in the entire Inner Sea region, even—and we’ve cultivated a good working relationship with them over the years. In two days, Michellia Blakros is getting married to the former Hellknight Damian Kastner, and because of security concerns, we only got our invitation this morning. I won’t bore you with specifics, but suffice to say, the Society has a lot of interest in this wedding, as some of our agents had a hand in helping it along.”

“The wedding is taking place on a secluded summer retreat on nearby Pariol Island, which the Blakroses own. There are two boats heading there before the first wedding festivities. One is a small supply runner set to leave in an hour that could get you there early tomorrow morning. The next is a larger ship that will transport the majority of the guests in the morning. Your travel is paid for of course, but you’ll need to get on one of those two vessels.”

With a grave nod, Valsin passes over the envelope containing the invitation, and continues. “Also, you’ll need to peace-bond any weapons when you arrive on the island, and I’d recommend only wearing your finest armor, if you wear any at all. We’re not too concerned about security at the wedding, but making a good impression on the Blakroses and their guests is key to your mission. You’ll need to mingle, and get on the good sides of as many people as you can. I can’t stress this point enough: This is a social gathering, and the Society could really use the extra clout with all our current efforts being so far abroad. I don’t care if you save the wedding from a dragon, find out the bride is a doppelganger, or discover some grand plot to take over the Inner Sea—I only care that you leave this wedding having made people happy and improving our standing among the attendees! Are we understood? Any questions?”

Knowledge Nobility or History, 10+:
The Blakros family originated in Taldor, and made their initial fortune trading with both Qadira and Taldor during the nations’ centuries-long conflict. Today they are one of the most influential families in Absalom and the greater Inner Sea region.

Knowledge Nobility or History, 15+:
The Blakros family weds their offspring only to those of sufficient prestige and renown. Unlike in many other marriages, those who marry into the family often take on the Blakros name following the ceremony so that any children born to the couple will also carry the Blakros name.

Knowledge Nobility or History, 20+:
A requirement of marrying into the Blakros family is a dowry of some note. In many circumstances, these dowries are secret to all but the families involved until they are formally presented at the reception.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

After her bad experiences on the last mission, Iovo requests a wand like Phinellippa has for her own from her friends in the Dark Archive. She also goes out and buys a new cloak.

---
Kn: things I never paid any attention to: 10 = 10

Iovo seems delighted by the prospect of going to a fancy wedding. It has to go better than that funeral the group was sent to!

"What more can you tell us about the bride and groom? Is there anything other agents have done for them that we should be aware of?"

"Can you tell us more about the society's connections with the Blakros family?"

"Will we be bringing a wedding gift on behalf of the Pathfinder Society? What did we get them?"

"So it sounds like I need to go shopping for some better clothing. Who can I ask for advice on what to wear for such an occasion?
Janira Gavix!

"Do you know who else will be on the guest list?"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Damiar grins. "You don't pay enough attention to Society gossip, Iovo! I've heard that the Blakros family weds their offspring only to those of sufficient prestige and renown. Unlike in many other marriages, those who marry into the family often take on the Blakros name following the ceremony so that any children born to the couple will also carry the Blakros name." Damiar pauses, her lips moving as she sounds out 'Damiar and Iovo Blakros'. "Naw, I like our name better. Let's not marry a Blakros."

"As for presents, one requirement of marrying into the Blakros family is a dowry of some note. In many circumstances, these dowries are secret to all but the families involved until they are formally presented at the reception." Damiar's brows lower as she considers. "I'm not sure we could afford the normal sort of presents the Blakros family gets. Maybe we should write up a really nice song instead! The Blakros Ballad!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

I wasn’t looking to marry, although a dance might be nice.” She grins at the thought.

So they have lots of money yet ask for more just to wed into the family? Weird!

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Yeah, some humans are like that." Damiar grins. "Ooh, dance off! We could do a dance off! Rees, you totally need to practice with us!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Laughing, Iovo says “I don’t know if that would be a good idea. Wouldn’t want to take the focus away from the wedded couple!

The song could work though. Would need to find out more about the couple, to make it special!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DM | Blakros Matrimony

Valsin’s eyes widen as Iovo begins her barrage of questions, and widen further as the twins banter back and forth without waiting for answers. ”Well, so much for it being quiet around here…” the chamberlain mutters under his breath before attempting to answer some of the questions.

”I’m afraid there’s rather a long history to the family and the Society’s relations with them, and neither I nor you have time to go into it now. What I can tell you is that, while I don’t expect any major problems, the Blakros family has made many enemies over the centuries (the Society used to be one of them, in fact). Currently, I suspect the Onyx Alliance poses the greatest threat. They’re a rather unseemly cabal from the Plane of Shadow, the very ones who attacked this year’s Grand Convocation. The Blakroses assure us that they have security under control, though, and that the Pathfinder Society attendees are invited as honored guests rather than protectors.”

Looking slightly put out by the suggestion that anyone else would need to be consulted about the dress code, Valsin says, “As to dress, I’d like it if you could all go in formal attire, since that will give you more credibility among the nobles in attendance. If you must wear armor, consider wearing ceremonial armor, the lighter and less cumbersome the better. And as I said, weapons must be peace-bonded.” This last remark is accompanied by a careful study of Kleines’ dagger, glaive, mace, bow and quiver of javelins, and a searching look to see if any weapons might have been overlooked.

Standing up as if he’s ready to move on to other obligations, Valsin says, “The only other point of interest I might add is about the location of the wedding. Pariol Island was an old summer retreat used by the Blakroses for vacationing. Several years ago, their summer home burnt down in an accident involving some of the house staff when the family wasn’t present. The Blakroses abandoned the island, as they had other summer estates elsewhere. Now they’ve built a pavilion to host the wedding and all the guests, but otherwise the island is largely empty and uninhabited.”

As Valsin indicated, there are two ships set to depart Absalom for the island, both of which will arrive in time for the reception. The first is a supply vessel leaving this evening, carrying workers tasked with setting up the wedding pavilion and servants who will attend to the Blakroses and their guests over the weekend. If the party takes this boat (a 12-hour journey), they will have a chance to explore the island before any of the weekend’s festivities begin, but will miss the opportunity to buy supplies and make any other preparations in Absalom.

The other option is to take the Blakroses’ galleon with the rest of their Absalom-based guests tomorrow morning. This journey itself takes less time and will allow an opportunity to get to know some of the Blakroses’ many guests during the 8-hour trip.

Which boat would you prefer to take?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Iovo is in favor of taking the galleon with the rest of the guests.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Yes, but what sort of formal wear? Is it alright to wear an elvish fashion? If not, does the family favor the styles popular in Taldor, or the much more sensible fashions seen in Absalom?” She seems about to go into a long discussion of different fashions when she realizes that Valsin has stood up and may have other things to deal with.

Switching topics, she turns to the rest of the group and says “If we are to get properly fitted for the clothing, I think we have no choice but to take the galleon in the morning.

There! I answered his concern! That should show Valsin that I did listen to what he said!

The player assumes it is Courtier Outfit plus at least 50 gp in jewelry.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Looking over his weapons, Kleines says "That's fine, I'm happy to have these peace-bonded. Not sure what they want me to do about these, though" he says, raising his fists with a wry smile.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

With a mischievous grin, Iovo suggests “Wear mittens?

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Uh...y'want me t'go t' a fancy noble weddin'?" Shieara repeats, looking more amused than anything. "Y'sure? Well, Ah'll do my best t' not stand out too much. Mebbe Ah'll just stand around an' look pretty an' let Damiar do all th' talkin'."

She looks at her own weapons and sighs.

"Nothin' for it, Ah guess. Let's hope nothin' happens where we'll need 'em. Can Ah keep my holy symbol out at least?"

"An' yeah, reckon Ah'll need t'buy somethin' nice t'wear too, so Ah guess goin' out with th' other guests tomorrow'd be th' best bet."

Maybe get a little other shopping done while I'm at it.


DM | Blakros Matrimony
Iovo Apastron wrote:
The player assumes it is Courtier Outfit plus at least 50 gp in jewelry.

The scenario doesn't specify, but that should cover it nicely.

There's one clear vote for the later boat, and two posts that don't object to it. Anyone else?


DM | Blakros Matrimony

Valsin gives Iovo a nice touch of side-eye, but seems to loosen up a bit, and perhaps even stifle a laugh, at the suggestion that Kleines wear mittens to the wedding.

Turning to Shieara as he walks to the door, Valsin says, ”Yes, I want you to go to a wedding, where you can certainly wear your holy symbol. The Lucky Drunk is always welcome at a celebration. As for who I'm sending, as I believe I mentioned, we’re a bit short-staffed here at the Grand Lodge at the moment, so you’re what I’ve got to work with. Do try not to ruin the happy couple’s day, won’t you all?”

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Looking to her sister, Iovo says “So, off to Sylvan Dior in the foreign quarter for some new clothes?

Smiling to the rest of the group, she adds “The more the merrier if any of you want to join us!

Spoiler:
A friend and costume designer coined the Sylvan Dior name for a fantasy designer.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"So... do have any information at all on the Bride and Groom?" Damiar repeats Iovo's question in case Ambrus missed it.

Then she turns to Iovo and claps! "Ooh Sylvan Dior! I have always wanted one of their outfits! Come on, everyone, let's go shopping!"

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines looks down at his simple Iroran garb and sighs. "Yes, I suppose I'd better."

I'm good with the later boat.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Uh...sure, one fancy place is as good as th' next, right?" Shieara replies with a bit of a shrug. "This sorta thing's a bit outside my wheelhouse so Ah'll trust yer judgement on what'd look best, alright?"


DM | Blakros Matrimony

Sylvan Dior is funny! Conjures up some excellent imagery.

With their preparations complete, the Pathfinders make they way to the Absalom docks and onto the luxurious Blakros galleon. The luxurious fittings of the ship, and the quantity and quality of the food and drink served to guests on board, suggest that a truly pleasurable experience awaits on Pariol Island. As if the Blakros family have made an arrangement with Gozreh, the weather is pleasant, with just enough breeze to drive the ship briskly without any discomfort to the important guests.

And there are clearly many people of great importance present! Even so, some of them stand out as central players in the family, or in their trade and cultural contacts. Some of the most well-known people on board include: Nigel Aldain, a former Pathfinder and now curator of the Blakros Museum; Alexander Bedard of Andoran’s People’s Council; Jeon Raeng-Woo, the Blakros family trade liaison to Tian Xia and a longtime friend of the family; and Commander Rubaani Shafar, the fearsome head of security for the wedding.

Since you’ve chosen to travel with the guests, you’ll get an early shot at influencing some of them. You’ll get one round of influence checks while on board. The ‘Blakros Matrimony’ link by my avatar goes to a table that gives the mechanical details of the NPCs and the influence rules are below.

Whenever the scenario allows the PCs to attempt an Influence check, the character may select one NPC in attendance to influence. Each PC can attempt a Bluff check (to pretend to be friendly), a Diplomacy check (to be genuine), an Intimidate check (to frighten the NPC into submission), or an appropriate Perform check (to entertain and amuse the NPC). Pathfinders can split up during these instances to work on different guests simultaneously, or can use the aid another action to assist comrades in influencing a single target.

A PC may forgo an Influence check to instead attempt a Discovery check about a given NPC. If successful, the PC learns the character’s weakness, granting a +4 competence bonus on any future Influence checks against that target.

The named guests are not the only ones in attendance, and the PCs may find other members of the Blakros family or other guests more to their liking. If a PC attaches himself to other guests in attendance, that PC can attempt a one-time Influence check against such guests using the normal rules. Any Influence Points accrued from these guests can be used to gain influence over a guest who is within one check of being influenced, as these NPCs spread word of the PCs to the major guests in attendance.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Iovo is excited as she shops the Sylvan Dior collection.

After trying on a number of different outfits, she chooses a dress-pants set with gossamer sleeves that are suggestive of wings. The dress portion flares out from her hips and is open at the front. She has the shop work in the peace bonding for her bow and other weapons so they fit in with her overall outfit. She chooses silver jewelry and a very nice chain from which to hang her wayfinder.

I’m imagining a big fancy bow for the peace bond on the bow!

Boarding the vessel, she declares her Wand of Magic Missiles and asks how to peace bond it. She is more than happy to demonstrate her wands of Mage Armor and Cure Light Wounds.

All weapons peace bonded. Not sure how a light mace is peace bonded, but mine is!

As the vessel gets underway, she decides to begin a conversation with Nigel Aldain. She starts with some small talk of local happenings.
Discovery Kn: Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Edited after cross-posting with Iovo.

After allowing his weapons to be peace-bonded and demonstrating the safety of his wand of cure light wounds (which he can do himself, now that he's 4th level!) Kleines strikes up a conversation with Jeon Raeng-Woo, glad to meet someone who has likely seen more of the world than he has. "As a trade liaison you must travel quite a bit. Do you ever tire of these sea voyages?"

Influence on Jeon Raeng-Woo.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar picks out a stylish mini dress that shows off her legs, but has a chiffon cape that billows behind her. She also peace bonds her bow with a velvet ribbon. She walks up to Hamaria Blakros and introduces herself. "Hello, I'm Damiar. In my limited experience with human weddings, there's a lot of work and thought that goes into organizing such a gathering. Dealing with the disparate family and friends of the bride and groom, trying to soothe egos and keep enemies apart or at least well-behaved... There are so many needs to balance. It must be wearying. Is there anything that we Pathfinders can do to help out?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Discovery on Hamaria


DM | Blakros Matrimony

Iovo approaches Nigel, who is a tall, thin elf with long, dark hair pulled back in a ponytail, wearing fine clothes and silver-rimmed spectacles, looking very much the part of an academic dandy. As Iovo begins to speak to him, Nigel fidgets with his glasses and sips from a glass of wine. He nods and smiles anemically at Iovo’s efforts at small talk. When he spots Iovo’s wayfinder, he suddenly spots someone across the room and mutters some lame excuses about having to go. Failed check.

By contrast, Kleines has much greater success as he makes the simplest of conversational overtures to Jeon, who is a well-dressed Tian man in his early thirties, easily recognized by his unkempt black hair and slightly dazed smile. He has been drifting from group to group on board the ship, seeming to struggle to get himself included in any of the conversations. At Kleines’ simple question, Jeon responds, ”Oh, yes, I travel a great deal! Thank you for asking! It can be dull at times, but sailing with such an illustrious group as this is very exciting. And at other times, when not in such exalted company, one’s attention is often caught by the threat of being attacked by ningyo – a sort of undead mermaid – or captured by pirates from Minkai. It is so kind of you to ask after one such as myself!” You beat the DC by 10+, so this counts as 3 successes. Jeon is fully swayed to your side.

Hamaria graciously welcomes Damiar and engages her in conversation. The Blakros matron is an elegantly dressed woman of middle age, with olive skin, long, straight black hair and a formidable piercing gaze. She wears a crushed velvet dress that accentuates her form without being inappropriately revealing. As they talk, Damiar can’t help but notice that Hamaria keeps casting furtive glances at the guards on board the ship, and out at the horizon, as if on watch for some danger. ”Oh, you are so kind,” she says in response to Damiar’s question. ”I have some concern that some may wish to do harm to my family or my guests. I would appreciate it if you kept a watchful eye out.” A few more moments of conversation makes clear that Valsin is not alone in his concern that the Onyx Alliance may pose a threat to this gathering.

Successful Discovery: a PC attempting either a Bluff or Diplomacy check to assuage Hamaria’s fears receives a bonus on the Influence check, and those using Intimidate to play up the family’s vulnerability likewise receive a bonus on the Influence check.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

After shrugging her armor into her new fancy backpack, peace-bonding her numerous weapons, and demonstrating the purpose of her Cure Light Wounds wand, Shieara inexplicably finds herself standing next to Alexander Bedard at the ship's railing.

Meet and mingle, right? Here goes nothing...

Shie clears her throat slightly to get Alexander's attention and smiles. "Nice day, ain't it? Couldn't ask for better weather for a ship voyage," she remarks as a way to break the ice. "Name's Shieara Enric. You're Alexander Bedard, right? Ah'm a big fan of your work. Don't know how you an' th' rest of your crew manage t' stay on top of things - it's truly an amazin' thing t'me."

Here's hoping he doesn't mind talking shop a little bit.

Discovery - Alexander (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


DM | Blakros Matrimony

Shieara’s efforts at small talk are a bit heavy going for herself and Bedard, but they do give her an opportunity to study the man. Bedard has a muscular build and, despite his short stature, he’s an imposing presence in any crowd. As a member of the People’s Council, Bedard dresses in the finest of tailored garments and wears navy blue for the festivities to show his patriotism. No matter how much he grooms, however, the politician has a permanent shadow of stubble on his chin, giving him a rugged and somewhat dangerous demeanor.

He scarcely lets Shieara finish speaking before he launches into a long-winded account of how far he’s come from his time as a dockworker in Augustana, and the backbreaking, often dangerous work he did in those days. He emphasizes strongly that his own importance is a result of rising from a working-class background to succeed on the national political stage, but Shieara notices that Bedard is more sensitive than his bravado might suggest. A vein of sadness seems to underlie his blowhard manner, suggesting that his courtship of Michellia Blakros was not purely politically motivated as many believe, and that he truly fell for the raven-haired beauty – and is heartbroken that she has chosen to wed Damian Kastner in his place.

Mentioning his failed attempt at winning Michellia’s hand silences the Andoren councilman as his thoughts take an introspective turn. (This is the language from the scenario – not sure how that gives you a bonus on future influence checks with him, but it does.)

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa sports her fancy new jewelry, but the Amazing CoCo keeps circling her head ominously.

"So...shiny!"

"They not for you! Ravens don't require jewelry."

"But....so shiny!"

Phinellippa ignores the Amazing CoCo and checks out the other guests on board the ship.

"Tancred Desimire...I believe I've heard that name."

Discovery on Tancred Desimire, Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


DM | Blakros Matrimony

As CoCo does her ominous (but amazing!) thing, Phinellippa studies Tancred Desimire and thinks on what she has heard of him. Superficially, Desimire is a middle-aged man with carefully trimmed black hair and a distinctly retreating hairline. The Chelish noble is dressed in fine black attire and looks on at all the activities around him with an air of sinister amusement. He appears quite at home in this elite social environment, seamlessly moving from one cluster of guests to another. It seems he always has at least five other guests surrounding him and fawning over him. In spite of all this attention, Tancred is reserved and takes time to give answers, and always shows proper respect and does not shun anyone who would speak with him.

In spite of this appearance of ease, Phinellippa knows that Tancred Desimire is not truly content. He is ambitious to a fault, and while he has moved quickly up the ranks of the Thrune government’s bureaucracy, he can be easily angered if anyone brings up certain reminders at how far he has left to climb – particularly mention of Paracountess Zarta Dralneen or Tancred’ brother, Aglorn Desimire.

More detail for Phin:
During the wedding, Tancren is most easily placed off-balance by mentioning Paracountess Zarta Dralneen or his brother, Aglorn Desimire. Aglorn was a member of the Aspis Consortium, and was killed by a team of Pathfinders in the isolated demiplane contained within the Hao Jin Tapestry. Tancred holds no ill will against the Pathfinder Society for his brother’s death, believing Aglorn made his own bed by joining the unscrupulous Aspis Consortium. He does, however, blame Dralneen, whose representatives among the Pathfinders left behind a token of the paracountess’s ire. Furthermore, he believes that the Pathfinders planted a letter on Aglorn’s body decrying the House of Thrune, and putting Tancred at risk of reprisal. If the party members should mention either his late brother or the Paracountess, Tancred loses his composure and quickly tries to extricate himself from the conversation, leaving himself open for a well-worded attempt at influencing him.

Just need an Influence check from Rees.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees submits to the peace-bonding joyfully, smiling for the first time in... perhaps since the group has known him? At last, some civilization! Perhaps this 'Blakros' family has some sense of community after all! At least this will be one mission we won't end up killing people on!

He purchases (and wears) the fancy clothing somewhat less joyfully, but once on the ship he seems to forget about his attire-wrought discomfiture as he approaches the security man. "Can I help with anything, Safetymaster?" he asks, as is quite proper for a regular community member to ask of one in Rubaani's position.

Sense Motive (vs human): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13


DM | Blakros Matrimony

Some excellent, in-character monologue from Rees – unfortunately, Sense Motive isn’t one of the applicable skills listed for Shafar. Since it wasn’t a great roll anyway, I’m just going to call it a failed attempt.

Commander Shafar is a bit surprised to have a guest in fancy dress offer to help with security. He politely declines the offer and continues making his rounds of the boat.

After a few more hours, the vessel arrives at Pariol Island, where a long stone pier stretches out into the deep waters of the island’s eastern shore. A series of small wooden docks surround the pier, allowing launches from any additional ships anchored offshore to embark and disembark at ease. Armed guards can be seen patrolling the pier and surrounding docks.

After disembarking, the guests are ushered from the pier and along a path toward the pavilion tent that will serve as the venue for the Blakroses’ welcoming festivities. Musicians play music in the background to keep the guests entertained, while servants deliver a seemingly endless procession of food and drink. As the pavilion is opened for evening revelries, many guests are in attendance, and the opportunity presents itself to make useful contacts.

Time for more influence checks. For the moment, all guests except Tancred Desimire are in attendance. There will be two rounds of checks.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

After disembarking, Iovo steps a short way out from the crowd in order to bring up her Prestidigitation spell and uses it to make sure she looks immaculate. She gets out her mirror and checks to be sure. When did I get something on my sleeve? I normally wouldn’t care about such things, but we are supposed to make a good impression. That means looking my best!

She then cheerfully joins the other guests on the way to the pavilion.

If someone wants an Aid for Bluff, Diplomacy or Perform (Sing) Iovo will go with them. Her bonus for all three is the same. I’ll post again later for the Aid or my solo attempt.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18 (16 in chain shirt) T 12 FF 16 (12 in chain shirt) | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 2/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Mr. Aldain, it's nice to meet you. I had hoped my duties with the Pathfinder Society might take me to your museum some day--I'm sure there's quite a lot to be learned--but no such luck, so far. Anyway, this must be an nice break from your work. Are you looking forward to spending time with your extended family at this event?"

Discovery vs. Nigel Aldain (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


DM | Blakros Matrimony

Nigel smiles wanly and nods airily as Kleines speaks to him – until something Kleines says seems to strike a nerve. In a flash of insight (somewhat uncharacteristic for the burly student of Irori), Kleines realizes why: Aldain is a forlorn elf raised among humans, who abandoned his original elven name and adopted a more Taldan moniker to fit in with the high society he hoped to join. When he married into the Blakros family, he refused to change his name again, however, and he and his wife have no children, as she believes he would also refuse to raise them as Blakroses. This marital conflict has caused a rift between Aldain and much of the Blakros family, and he fears for his tenure as museum curator. Bringing this topic up puts Nigel on edge, causing him to lose his calculating conversational style and pompous airs.

+4 to future checks vs Nigel

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa tries to think if she knows anything about Commander Shafar.

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

2,801 to 2,850 of 2,991 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.