The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Disappeared


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,231 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Iovo – since you were using Acrobatics to leap rather than avoid an AoO (and because it would be a bit difficult to dodge while leaping), I’m going to take an AoO. Just wanted to explain that.

Damiar begins her encouraging song and Phin casts a spell that leaves the mercenary covered in glorious glitter! Iovo leaps onto the stage, and the glittering soldier swings his halberd at her! The mercenary’s polearm and Iovo’s sap both miss!

Halberd attack vs Iovo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 1 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa
Arastrax
Shieara
Kleines

Rees is up!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

I thought that he was flat footed. My misunderstanding, although it didn’t matter since I missed on the attack.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

He was flat-footed. But there are ways to still make AoO's when flat-footed.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees frowns, mentally reviewing his possibilities for "taking someone alive". After a moment he gives an also-mental shrug and fits an arrow to the string, aiming slightly off-center so as not to take the man through the heart. Or way off-center, y'know, so as to really not take him through the heart...

Pew (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Rees carefully places an arrow well off-center. Arastrax steps away from Iovo and speaks a few words ins some harsh tongue, conjuring a squat, foul creature to appear onto the stage, the thing’s bloated body shuddering as it moves nimbly! It speaks in a dark, grunting voice, pointing one of its four twisted limbs at the pavilion entrance, where a vile green cloud appears! The disgusting thing then steps closer to Iovo!

DC 13 Fort save vs stinking cloud for everyone but Iovo.

Knowledge (planes), DC 12:
This is a dretch, one of the lowliest of demons. Like most demons, dretches are resistant to weaponry that is not aligned with good or made of cold iron. They are immune to electricity and poison, and are resistant to damage by acid, cold and fire.

Round 1/2 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax
Dretch
Shieara
Kleines

Shieara and Kleines to finish the round, then back to the top for round 2!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Phinellippa manages to catch her breath in time and darts out of the area. She tries to figure out what the thing on the stage is.

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

GM's choice on information.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Rees pauses long enough to close his delicate elven nostrils before hopping up on the nearest table and continuing his "don't kill the target" plan.

Pew (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11

Made the assumption that there's some mechanism whereby he can hop up onto the table and then the stage with a move action. If you really need an Acrobatics check...

Acrobatics:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Assuming Phinellippa shares what she knows.

Seeing the fiend pop into existence, Kleines' training at the hands of the Iomadaeans kicks in. He rushes forward and lays holy vengeance upon the creature with his glaive! Move, smite, power attack.

CI glaive, PA, smite: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14 +2 vs. evil
damage, PA, smite: 1d10 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 6 = 17 +4 vs. evil, +8 vs. evil outsider, evil dragon, or undead on first hit. All damage bypasses DR.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Phin – the spoiler already contained answers to a few questions that I thought most relevant to the situation.

Kleines’ glaive strikes the dretch, but rather than contacting with true demon-flesh, the blade seems to scatter the dretch into wisps of shadow! Phin moves clear of the noxious cloud, as Rees aims another arrow well off-center!

Kleines – it’s destroyed, but you can make a DC 19 Will save to disbelieve it, having interacted with it.

Round 1/2 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa
Arastrax
Dretch
Shieara
Kleines

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Begone, foul beast! Back to the pit from whence you came!"

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

So it did!

Phinellippa goes after the caster's sight again with a blinding ray, but she shoots wide.

touch attack, no precise shot: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Welcome to the "let's not kill him" club, Phin! I'm sure this is exactly what Iovo had in mind!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

You talk as if Iovo starts with a plan!

Spellcraft on Summons: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Not sure of exactly what happened with the summons, Iovo asks "Do we still need him alive when he summons icky things like that?" as she steps inside the reach of Arastrax's polearm. She then tries to hit with her sap again.
Attack w/sap, inspire courage: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23
Non-lethal damage, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Total Non-lethal crit damage: 4 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ 4 + (3) + 1 = 8


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Iovo thwacks the strangely-behaving guardsman, though his strike is not as good as he’d hoped! Phin’s blinding ray goes wide of its target!

Round 1/2 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa
Arastrax (-4 NL)
Shieara
Kleines

Shiera and Damiar are up!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Fort (DC 13): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Pfft, this stink ain't got nothin' on what ol' Mister Tiggs used t' do," Shieara remarks as she quickly hustles towards the stage and circles around, trying to help Kleines intercept the man should he attempt to run for it. "Ah swear, was like somethin' crawled up in that cat an' died!"
______________

Double-move to current position~

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar comes out of the stinking cloud...

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

...leaps onto the stage...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

...and readies to shoot him if he casts again.

"Stop casting, or I will shoot you when you do!"

Readied Shot:

Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 27
Cold Iron Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Surrounded by foes, Arastrax laughs wildly before, surprisingly, taking Damiar’s advice and refraining from casting a spell. He whirls and brings his halberd slashing down at Kleines, then swings at him again! Alas, it seems whatever is controlling the guardsman is a poor puppeteer indeed, as both strikes miss! Arastrax then steps away from the end of the stage!

Target, 1=Kleines, 2=Shieara: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Halberd, Higher Ground: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Halberd, Higher Ground: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 2/3 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax (-4 NL)
Shieara
Kleines

Everyone is up!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Flank the crazy guard with me!” Iovo calls out, looking towards her sister. She then steps to one side of Arastrax and readies her sap.

Ready for flank:

Sap, Flank, IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 21
Non lethal, IC, sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3) = 6

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar side steps into flanking position so that she can threaten him with her cold iron spiked gauntlet. Noting his halberd, Damiar decides that he can't attack her if she shoots him point blank with her bow.

Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11

"Here's your flank, sis!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

FYI, a halberd isn't a reach weapon in PF1.

Kleines steps forward, shoving chairs out of the way as he does, then reaches up and punches clumsily at the man.

Improved unarmed strike: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 12
damage: 1d3 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy
Kleines Johann wrote:
FYI, a halberd isn't a reach weapon in PF1.

You know, that thought crossed my mind, but the stat block clearly says "Reach 5ft (10 ft with halberd)." I think we'll continue to play it that way, since his tactics are built around it also.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Fair enough. It could just as easily have been a glaive or something anyway. Funny that we've had two scenarios in a row with cheating enemies :P

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Sorry man, Ah can't let ya hurt mah friends," Shieara says regretfully as she takes a step forward and attempts to poke the guy in the back with her longspear.

Attack vs. Arastrax (Longspear; IC): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Maybe we can stop him from bleeding out once he's down for the count...

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa moves over and attempts another blinding ray.

touch attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13

If that hits, he is blinded for one round, unless he has four or more HD, in which case he is merely dazzled.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Shieara stabs at Arastrax’s legs from the floor below the stage, but doesn’t connect! Kleines’ punch connects, but only with the man’s half-plate armor! Damiar slips into position and looses an arrow at very close range, but it flies past her target and through the canvas wall of the pavilion! Iovo once again has luck with her sap, bonking the fellow on the head, just as Phin fires a shimmering ray right into his eyes!

Round 3 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa
Arastrax (-10 NL, blinded)
Shieara
Kleines

Rees is up!

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees sighs in resignation and abandons his "don't kill the guy" plan.

Pew (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Rees' aim is true and an arrow strikes home at last! Surrounded by foes, badly wounded and blinded, the "guardsman" who calls himself Arastrax moves deftly from between the two elven sisters, dropping his halberd as he moves! He slips a massive flail from his belt and spins, swinging it at Iovo with astonishing confidence and accuracy for someone fighting blind!

Heavy Flail vs Iovo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 58
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 99

Round 3/4 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax (-7 HP, -10 NL, blinded)
Shieara
Kleines

Everyone is up!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

He really is starting to annoy me! Fortunately Phin has blinded him.

Taking advantage of her opponent’s blindness, Iovo tries a roundhouse upward swing with the sap, then steps to the side.
Sap, IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
Non Lethal, IC, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (3) = 10

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Whoa nelly, where do ya think yer goin'?" Shieara calls out as she swiftly takes a step back from the blinded man and tries once more to put her longspear in him.

Attack vs. Arastrax (Longspear; IC): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Come back here!" Kleines chases after the man as he retreats to the other side of the stage. Unwilling to abandon his goal of a nonlethal takedown just yet, he once again lashes out with his fist.

Improved unarmed strike, PA, IC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 24 I can't remember if you get the same bonus vs. blind that you do if you're invisible. If so, add that here.
Nonlethal bludgeoning damage, PA, IC: 1d3 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 14

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa moves up on the stage and tries to keep him blinded!

blinding ray, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Shieara stabs again! And misses again! Kleines, by contrast, lands a powerful punch on the guardsman’s jaw, and he crumples to the stage!

Staying in iniative, for reasons. Iovo and Phin can revise their actions, since their target is unconscious on the stage.

Round 4 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax (-7 HP, -24 NL, blinded, unconscious)
Shieara
Kleines

Bold are up!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa moves onto the stage and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo looks around for any sign of whatever was controlling the guard. She keeps her sap ready in case something attacks from nearby.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

If she doesn’t see anything, she readies to strike an enemy if she becomes aware of them within striking distance.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

As demons continue to howl outside the tent, and their earthly victims scream in terror, Iovo and Phin scan the stage and around it for any more immediate signs of danger.

Round 4 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees

Iovo
Phinellippa
Arastrax (-7 HP, -24 NL, blinded, unconscious)
Shieara
Kleines

Damiar and Rees are up. You want to do anything?


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Bot at Rees' Request:

Rees narrows his eyes in suspicion and nocks an arrow, looking around as he waits for the real enemy to appear.

Readied action to shoot arrow when someone does something offensive. Or something that offends him.

Damiar - anything from you?

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar looks around. "There are people screaming in terror outside. Should we go there, or do we need to protect the people in here?"

Maintaining courage, readying bow, and waiting for consensus from the rest of the team.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

The party stands quietly watchful as turmoil and chaos roil the air outside the tent, the occasional nauseating wisp of green vapor wafting from the great cloud that nearly fills the space inside. Suddenly a voice can be heard, a dark and menacing voice emanating from nowhere and everywhere at once, filling the heads of the Pathfinders as it says quietly , ”Oh, how very disappointing! I had hoped you would kill my little armored toy in all the excitement, but you seem to have spared him. Well, worry not, I will finish the job after I have killed you all…”

The pause hangs in the foul air a long moment, as a wisp of shadow seems to coalesce around Rees’ feet, thickening and lengthening into a of long claws, and then a mouth of ferocious teeth, which claw and bite at Rees! They are followed by a pair of shadowy bat-wings, which unfurl and flap once, lifting a night-black form into the air! lift the lifting a mouth of ferocious teeth and two long-clawed hands into the air next to the stage. Aside from the teeth and claws, the form seems to be made of nothing but darkness!

Target: Phin, Rees, Damiar: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage, Physical + Cold: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (5) = 10
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 72

Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage, Physical + Cold: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (5) = 6
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 77

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage, Physical + Cold: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 85

As the shadow-form comes more fully into view, Rees takes a quick step back, then looses an arrow at it! Damiar also lets an arrow fly, but both arrows seem to pass harmlessly through the shadow creature!

Just so it’s clear what happened, it full attacked through the floor of the stage, then 5-foot floated out from under the stage into the air next to it. Then Rees and Damiar’s readied attacks went off. Since neither of them seem to have magical bows, they did not affect the target.

Knowledge (planes), DC 16:
This is a shadow demon, though it seems a bit smaller than usual. What questions do you have?

Round 4/5 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax
Shieara
Kleines

Party is up!

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

HP: 9/28

Rees pales at the sight of the shadowy creature, whispering, "You don't exist..." even as its claws tear into him quite convincingly. He pales even further as his arrow passes harmlessly through it and *thunks* into the wall.

Rees can't hurt this thing, and it can hurt him pretty badly. Will post an action tomorrow.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Seeing that neither weapon affected the creature, Iovo decides to try magic. She casts a spell which causes her hand to glow an unhealthy shade of blue. She then tumbles up to the creature and attempts to touch it with her glowing hand.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO in case it has reach: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Thank goodness this isn't PF2...

Melee Touch w/Chill Touch, IC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Negative Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1 DC 15 Fort or take 1 Strength damage as well
Not sure if Inspire Courage would affect the damage for this spell...

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Did the stinking cloud drift at all during that last round?
After a little googling, I think I'm confusing stinking cloud with some other spell.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

In the chaos, Phinellippa isn't sure what this thing is, but she knows the thing that hurts everyone. Phinellippa backs up, drawing her wand of magic missile, and fires.

pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines has a smite left, but unless someone has a magic weapon to lend him, I'm not sure he can do much with it other than offensively lay on hands. I'm going to ponder and decide tomorrow.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb
Kleines Johann wrote:
After a little googling, I think I'm confusing stinking cloud with some other spell.

Cloudkill or Incendiary Cloud most likely.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Kn. Planes (DC 16): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Don't know what you are, don't know who you are, and t' be honest...Ah don't really give a damn at this point," Shieara calls back. She'd noticed that neither Damir or Rees' arrows seemed to hurt the thing but would still be more than happy to try her longspear...if only she had enough room to maneuver.

So she steps up and over the fallen Arastrax and tries something she usually doesn't do...offensive magics. A sudden cacophony of sound erupts around the shadowy form...

CL vs. SR (If Necessary): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Sound Burst (Sonic): 1d8 ⇒ 6 + DC 14 Fort to avoid being stunned for 1 round

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: mage armor, elixir of hiding, servant garb

Since Iovo was up close and personal with the downed guard, were either his halberd or flail masterwork and therefore potentially magical?


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

As Shieara's burst of sound hits it, the shadow-spawn jerks in surprise. "You will regret that...soon," its icy voice says, echoing a long time in the Caydenite's head. Iovo dances closer to the edge of the stage and reaches out to touch the umbral enemy but, as nimble as the elf is, the shadowy form is nimbler still – it easily dodges Iovo’s reach. Phin has better luck hitting her target, but the bolt of force seems to have no effect on it!

Fort, DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 18 Succeeds
Wand vs SR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Fails

Round 4/5 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees

Iovo
Phinellippa
Arastrax (-6 hp)
Shieara
Kleines

I realized I hadn’t moved anyone’s initiative after readied actions went off, but since it’s just the party and one BBEG, I think I’ll leave it as is.

Bold can go!

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Focusing his holy rage on the foul creature before him, Kleines climbs up onto the stage and moves to the front, ready to defend his allies!

Smite, double move onto the stage and to the front. AC vs. that creature is 20, and Kleines threatens at both 5 and 10 feet.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy
Iovo Apastron wrote:
Since Iovo was up close and personal with the downed guard, were either his halberd or flail masterwork and therefore potentially magical?

Potentially, yes. Actually? No. I'll give you that info, so you don't waste your time on it.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees backs away from the thing, eyeing the exit speculatively. Move away and total defense. Can't update the map at the moment.

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,231 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.