The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


151 to 200 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damiar eyes widen as she takes in his outfit. "I am Damiar." She speaks slowly and carefully, trying to make sure that the gillman can see her face. "May I approach? I think I have found something of yours."

She pulls off her boots and socks, and then rolls her pants leg up, in preparation for wading in the water. Yes, she could prestidigitate them clean again, but she doesn't want to contaminate the water he is worshipping in with her boots. Then she pulls the yet unidentified magic item out of her backpack.

What the heck! Last minute spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20

She starts wading in the water, approaching slowly and gently as she hands him the cloak. "This magical cloak... It matches the one you wear. I think it may belong to you, or perhaps to a friend of yours?" She hands it to him. "We are from the Pathfinder Society, and we're trying to unravel a mystery about what draws your people here, so far away from the sea. Can you tell us about this site? We know it's connected to Aroden, but that is all that we know so far."


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Iovo:
sure enough, more details of the small city match Absalom. The model is obviously older: newer buildings aren't there and older buildings you don't recognize are scattered throughout, but this is definitely the city where you've spent the last few years. You see coins, colored stones and gems, and bits of fabric placed all over the city.

Damiar:
It was a cloak of resistance +1.

Uori accepts the cloak graciously and bows deeply. "Thank you for its return. It indeed belongs to my people. This is a place sacred to us. As you can see, it was once a place sacred to Aroden, but his influence has faded just like those reliefs in the room you came from. You must be careful as you explore, though. Many terrible creatures have also taken up residence. To the East, there are things that should be dead but still move. To the West, the creatures are alive, but small and vicious. Here, this will help you." He hands you a wand of shield of faith (CL 6th, 10 charges).

He calls out to Iovo. "Are you performing a ritual? Worshippers of Aroden once traveled to this altar to performed holy rituals. Perhaps it will still bring you good fortune."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

"Ritual?" she responds. "No, I know nothing of rituals, I was just curious."

Gesturing towards the miniature city, she adds "I recognize this as depicting Absalom, but there are things that are different."

Looking towards Uori, she then asks "So these rituals would be connected to the reliefs we saw out there?" gesturing in the direction she came. "If that is true, then we should be able to figure out at least four of the proper rituals."

The small coins, that could be either the merchant or the thief. Most likely the merchant, given the thief was stealing a gem.

Iovo returns her attention to the miniature city, curious as to what it may do. Remembering the merchant, she tries shuffling some of the tiny coins into two equal sized piles.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"It would be interesting to try the ritual! So if Iovo is being the Merchant, the rest of us should also pick roles. There's the Thief who was stealing a Gem while making a prayer, the Craftsman who was making shoes and jewelry, and the Artist who was painting on the walls."

If I could be a craftsman, what would I craft with? There's nothing here but rocks, and I don't want to take from the city.

Damiar glances around until her eyes alight on Rees's long and silky white hair. Perfect! She smiles and sidles up to her fellow elf. "Er... Rees? I think I want to be the craftsman. Can I cut a snip of your hair?"

She give him big eyes and bats her lashes.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Hearing her name, Iovo gives a distracted "Hrmm?" and pauses for a moment, looking around.

I heard my name and something about thief? I'm not sure what my sister is talking about, hopefully it wasn't anything important.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

"I... er... uh. My hair?" sputters the elf, stunned speechless by the request. "I suppose... a little bit? would probably be okay..." It'll grow back, I suppose. And if they want to do silly backward 'rituals', I should probably indulge them. I'm "part of the team", after all...

Rees watches the exchange with the gillman, as well as Iovo's play with the coins and miniature city. They're like children... he ponders. Then, something the gillman says gets his attention. Try to fit in. What would a "brave" Pathfinder do?

After a pause, Rees relaxes the hand on his bow and joins in the conversation. "If the Eastern things should be dead, maybe we can... er... help," he offers. Might work...

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif watches as Damiar is quick off the mark to claim the role of the craftsman, while the dwarf is still coming to grips with the notion that they're all going perform rituals of some sort by this small carved city. If we're to do this, I'm not sure what I could be other than the craftsman - I'm no thief or painter, that's sure.

"Um, Damiar?" he speaks up, "Perhaps I could help with the craftsman ritual? While I'm no gemcarver, I've certainly worked with stone enough, I could come up with something. What did you have in mind with Rees' hair?"

As Garif mentions the elf's name, his dark grey eyes turn and alight on Rees, studying him a long moment. "I agree, dead things should be dead, and we can likely help with that. If you don't mind my asking, are you all right, Rees?"

Sense Motive on Rees: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Sensing of Motives:
Rees is "all right" by some definitions of the word... but he definitely seems to be suffering from a powerful paranoid delusion or two. Or more. Up to you how you interpret that for your Sense Motive result — fair?

Rees' emerald eyes meet the dwarf's grey ones for a moment before sliding away, human-like. "Just want to um... explore, report, and cooperate!" he replies with a not-very-convincing smile.

Bluff (+2 vs humans)?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines' head spins as he tries to keep up with what the elves are saying. His hair? What the heck for? He perks up at the mention of monsters ahead, though. "Yeah, let's go take care of that undead 'situation'!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Realizing that evidently whatever was being discussed didn't require her attention, Iovo goes back to exploring the miniature Absalom.

Since it seems everyone is currently involved with whatever her sister is talking about, Iovo decided this might be a good time to experiment with one of the other reliefs. She quickly palms one of the gem-like trinkets. I wonder if this would satisfy what the mural showed? I'm not even sure how I would know when something works, hopefully there is some sort of sign!

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"What?" Her hands full of Rees's silky white hair, it takes a moment for Damiar to realize that Garif wants to be the craftsman. "Are you sure? But... his hair would make such a lovely braided friendship bracelet!" Then she realizes that she is still fondling Rees's hair, and the tips of her ears turn red. She drops Rees's hair, guiltily. "Oh. Um. I guess I won't need this after all!"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

At Garif's words, she glances at Rees's face. Then she catches something in Rees's expression, and stops. He's... scared? Scared of what? With a jolt of surprise, she says softly, "Thank you for offering. That was kind of you."

"Alright, if I cannot be the Craftsman, let me be the artist!" Scooping water in her hands, she paints the walls of the city, prestidigitating them with sparkles and rainbow colors so that the whole city shines and glitters. Turning to the others and Uori, she asks, "What do you think? Is that how an artist would paint it?"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

As Rees replies, an awkward smile forces its way onto Garif's face, eventually beating the initial look of mild disbelief into submission. "Riiiight, okay," he says, nodding along as he tries to understand where the elf is coming from before turning to speak to Damiar again.

"No, no, no," Garif says, his tone gentle, "I'm sorry, I've been worse than a novice stonecarver, made a problem where there wasn't one before. I don't mean you can't do that ritual, I just meant I wanted to be part of it as well. At least among dwarves, such things are usually done as a group - a ritual for a god or a belief is performed by a group of believers, so I thought we could have both of us, and others too if they want. You can make something out of Rees' hair - assuming he's really okay with that - like a braided cord or something, and maybe I can carve a little stone pendant to hang from it. With all these stalactites about, there should be plenty of fine-grained limestone, which will carve nicely. Ooh, if we're lucky, we might find some argillite! Carves nicely and gets a beautiful black shine when polished, it's really my favorite rock..."

Realizing he's perhaps no longer on the original thread of the conversation he was having with Damiar, he says, "Uh, well, anyway, we could both do a craft..."

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees glances back and forth between the two would-be craftsmen, their casual discussion of his hair reminding him of his experience with the sisters back at the goods store. It's like they're haggling over who gets to sew a piece of cloth into a garment!

Turning his attention back to the gillman, the tall elf waits to hear Uori's response to the various suggestions and inquiries.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Oh! We could do the craft together!" Damiar beams at Garif, then glances at Rees. "May I pick a section under the top? That way it won't be so obvious what I cut! Then Garif can make a pretty stone and everything! So long as you're still willing, that is?"

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

"Yes," replies the he-elf with a slow nod. "I see no harm in it."

He remains very still while Damiar selects a lock and cuts it. When she's finished, he gives his head a slight shake and reaches up to feel the cut end. "It's been many years since last it was cut..." he muses quietly, as if to himself. This Damiar is... she almost reminds me of her, sometimes. It's silly; they're nothing alike. And yet... there are glimmers here and there, aren't there?


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

After a moment, Iovo feels the trinket glow with a bit of divine energy. Shuffling the coins around did not produce the same effect.

Everyone has a +1 circumstance bonus to AC against a single attack made while that PC benefits from cover.

Damiar's efforts to paint the town with water seem to have no effect.

Knowledge(nature), DC 12:
There are pigment stones scattered on the beach that could be ground up into a makeshift paint.

Uori shrugs at the questions, though not unkindly. "Aroden was never our god. I'm afraid I know little about the proper worship. My people would certainly appreciate it if you could eliminate any of the creatures that have invaded our sacred space."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

"Something just happened," Verrix says. "I felt a slight warmth of divine energy. Iovo, did you do something?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Yes! Iovo... You did something and this shrine accepted your offer..." Damiar waits a second for a similar wave of divine magic to hit from her sparkly city, but it does not manifest. "...but not mine," she concludes, regretfully. "My guess is that painting with magic and water is not a permanent enough for the City."

She swifty braids up Rees' hair, handing the braided strand to Garif so that he may complete the crafting. "Whatever offerings we make here need to be serious in both intent and action, so I think you are best suited to being the craftsman. Once we make our offering, then we may deal with Uori's foes to the east and west."

Knowledge Nature: 10 + 7 = 17

She returns to the shrine, and then her eyes light up. "Ah! I should have known that this shrine would not have left us without a way to do each of the offerings. Look... There are pigment stones scattered on the beach!" She shows them to the dwarf, the one member of the party that she is certain will be appreciative of this fact. "Garif, you would not happen to have a solid stone upon you that I might use for grinding off a bit of these for pigment, would you?"

She recites under her breath as she grinds the pigment stones.

"A is for Aballon, where machines do roam
C is for Castrovel, the elvish and lashunta home..."

She names the planets, remembering a ditty that Matthias had taught her and Iovo to remember all their names. How patient that gnome was, eagerly sharing with them the enthusiasm he held for all the worlds to which he'd traveled. Then, pigments ready, she paints the solar system in miniature on the wall of the highest tower of the city. "You will be my Observatory, so that the miniature city will know the stars." She sketches out the Sun, and the gas giants Bretheda and Liavara, and makes little dots for their shepherd moons. Then she sketches out each of the rest of the planets in turn, as Matthias taught her. The only difference she makes is that in her version, there is not the Diaspora asteroid field, but instead two small worlds circling round and round each other.

Craft Painting: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Alright, at least it is obvious when the ritual works!

"I'm pretty sure that was the offering for the aspect of the thief." she says, suddenly showing the small gem she had palmed. Getting out her notes, she writes a note and says "Thief: Palm one of the gems."

Having done that, she returns the small gem to the shrine. "We need to make sure we report on each of them we get working."

"So, does anyone have a scale?" she asks, looking around for something she could use as a make-shift one.

A sudden thought comes to her. "Why did that work? I thought when Aroden died that cut his priests off from divine power. Shouldn't this place also fail?" she askes, clearly puzzled by the apparent discrepancy.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix's brow furrows. To Iovo, he says, "That's right. It's surprising that any divine power connected to Aroden would still manifest itself. Unless, somehow, this was a divine effect that was invested while he was still alive, and somehow lingers. Hmm. I don't know."

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif nods in response to Damiar’s enthusiasm, a more genuine smile now on his face. ”Yes, we can both craft something, together,” he replies. As she works on the braid, he looks about for a suitable stone, muttering, ”This material is all fine-grained limestone, just need to look for the darkest bands of it and I might find some argillite…oh, look at this bit! Lovely!” He pulls a well-crafted miner’s pick from his pack and uses it to chip away a chunk of stone, then applies the fine tip of the pick to carving away small chips and flakes, humming quietly to himself. As Damiar begins to collect the pigment stones, Garif can’t help but make some running observations as he works, ”Oh, a nice bit of ochre there, fairly rich in hematite by the look of it, and someone’s sprinkled a bit of vermillion in there as well, from cinnabar. Someone must have brought that in here, you wouldn’t see cinnabar in a depositional environment like this…”

His broad hands continue to work the small dark stone for a few moments. He then grabs a corner of his cloak and uses the rough material to polish the stone carving a moment before holding up a simple dwarven face hewn from the rock. He ties the band of braided hair to a small notch he’s made in the back of the stone, commenting wryly as he works, ”Elven hair on a dwarven head, who ever heard of such a thing?” He then holds the finished product aloft, unmistakable pride in his eyes. He studies the face a moment, rubs it a couple of times with his thumb, then hangs it by the band of hair from one of the towers in the carved stone replica of Absalom.

Will take 10 on Profession (miner) if that’s allowable, for a 20.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Damiar paints the tiny solar system, and for just a moment, the stars twinkle and the planets spin. Again, the city glows with a divine energy.

Everyone has a +1 competence bonus on Perception checks to notice creatures.

Garif places the elven/dwarven hybrid on one of the towers, and, again only for a moment, the face smiles.

Everyone has a +1 competence bonus on Perception checks to find hidden doors and concealed objects.

Uori addresses Iovo and Verrix. "Yes, the magic here has faded. I think this is just an echo, or a memory, from the divine power that was once present."

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines feels the effects of these rituals, without really understanding what is going on. Even if you don't understand, write it down, dummy! Did you learn nothing from those monks? He describes what he sees in writing, as best he can.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

GM screen:

B4 encounter: 1d6 ⇒ 1 4 gillman skeletons
B5 encounter: 1d6 ⇒ 5 3 mites and a giant centipede

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo adds notes about Garif's and Damiar's successes and then looks up.

"Well, just piling coins didn't seem to work for the merchant. Maybe if I move them about a little?"

She delicately moves some of the coins from her first pile into a new pile while talking to herself. "First we sell something..." She then moves some of the coins from that third pile into the second pile and a single coin from the second pile back into the third. "...then we buy more materials for the next project, taking our change."

She waits a moment, to see if the shrine activates again.

Deciding that was enough experimentation, she then wades back to shore. She quickly puts her boots back on and rolls down her pants legs. Standing, she looks at the others "Ready to go?"

She then waves in Uori's direction says "Good bye! It was nice meeting you!"

Regardless of if the merchant ritual worked, she is ready to move on. I believe interest was expressed in taking care of the undead next.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The ritual did not seem to work I will retcon if anyone else wants to try it, but otherwise, we'll move along.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The cave’s damp air becomes increasingly stale as you continue down through this tunnel, and as you approach this area, the stench of decay grows increasingly evident. The passage turns to the east and opens into a small cavern littered with bits of broken glass, rotting pieces of paper, and other unusable detritus. The body of a male dhampir lies facedown toward the back of the cavern.

You see several groups of walking bones that turn to face you.

Grand Lodge

He/Him

Posting on behalf of Kate, who is away from her computer

GM Screen:
Verrix: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damiar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Iovo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Skeleton (green): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Skeleton (purple): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Skeleton (red): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Skeleton (yellow): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Initiative:

  • Iovo
  • Garif
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • Damiar
  • Kleines
  • Rees
  • Verrix

    Bold may act

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    No Knowledge (Religion) so...

    Iovo moves up to where the boney things don't have cover and fires a shot in the general direction of the one in the tattered purple clothing.

    Attack w/bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
    Damage w/bow: 1d6 ⇒ 3
    Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "Oh, my!" Garif says mildly when the skeletons appears. "I guess I should have seen that coming. Nico, get them!" He looks about for any sort of plant matter that he might use to entangle the skeletons, to no avail. I do wish I could make that spell work with stone...

    As his loyal panther bounds forward, Garif draws his sling and steps closer to Kleines, laying a quick hand on him in the hopes of making his attacks successful.

    5-foot step, move action to draw sling, standard to cast guidance on Kleines.


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico darts forward, nimbly threading a course through the Pathfinders in the way. He comes up short when he sees the skeletal foes and takes a hesitant bite at the nearest one, clearly disappointed at the amount of meat on these bones.

    Move action to get into position, standard to attack.

    Bite vs Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    Iovo's arrow shoots straight through tattered clothes with no impact, as does Nico's bite.

    The creature in green swings the remains of a battered sword at the cat, drawing blood, then scratches with a hideous claw.

    attack: 1d20 ⇒ 14
    scimitar damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

    attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 4
    Claw damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    The creature in purple moves toward the source of the arrow (Nico gets an AoO). It slashes at the elf with a broken hilt

    attack: 1d20 ⇒ 8
    scimitar damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

    The last two move in, the one in red taking another swing at Nico.

    attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18
    scimitar damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

  • Iovo
  • Garif

  • ?

  • Damiar
  • Kleines
  • Rees
  • Verrix

    Bold may act.

  • Silver Crusade

    LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

    Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

    Vile things, clogging up the doorway! And the blasted elf in my way, too!

    Frustrated at his inability to get closer, Kleines swings his glaive around the elf in front of him, trying to smash the skeleton before her.

    attack, guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
    damage, slashing: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    "Hit them with bludgeoning! Um, unlike what I'm doing right now!", he shouts, before more quietly to Iovo adding "Please move so I can punch them."


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    These are skeletons, and by the shape of the bones, you suspect that they're gillmen skeletons. They are undead, with undead traits, and you get two additional questions. Your glaive just misses the bony creature.

    Silver Crusade

    LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

    My questions are:
    1) DR?
    2) Are they spooky?


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    1) They have DR 5/bludgeoning.
    2) They are very spooky.

    You can have one more question if you like.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

    "Blunt? Right!" Iovo says as she drops her bow and gets out a light mace.

    "Crowded here!" she says as she attempts to smash the one in front of her.

    Melee Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 7
    Melee Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

    Silver Crusade

    LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

    What are their immunities?


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    They are immune to cold as well as normal undead traits.

    Iovo swings her mace, but only connects with air!

    And just to make sure this doesn't get lost, Nico still has an attack of opportunity, in addition to his normal turn.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Seeing the skeletons smash and slash at Nico, Garif calls out, "Be careful, Nico! Oh, I had no idea there were so many of them!" He taps Rees on the shoulder and says, "Help kill them, would you? I'm concerned about Nico!" He then slips a hand into his belt pouch and draws out the wand left them by Janira.

    Standard action to cast guidance on Rees, move action to draw wand.


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico bites at the skeleton in the faded purple garment, then continues to attack it, trying to tear it apart! The great cat then backs away from some of the foes threatening him.

    Full attack on purple, then 5-foot step.

    AoO Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Wow, I've been rolling badly so consistently I had to go back and check that I was actually putting d20's into the RNG code.


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    Nico bites and claws frantically at the walking pile of bones, and his last claw finally makes contact, ripping the bones apart in one strike. The skeleton goes down.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Hearing Kleines call for bludgeoning, and seeing a bit of room open up, Rees releases his bow and grabs the crude cudgel at his belt. Boldly forward now... "Pathfinders" save the day...

    Striding into the room, Rees swings his club strongly at the should-be-dead before him, placing the well-aimed strike right across its midsection!

    vs Red (guidance): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    Rees smashes the skeleton into bits, effectively using Kleines's information!

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Muttering under her breath about those blocking her bowshot, Damiar draws her silver light mace and speaks...

    '''Ware, my friend, travel not alone
    For these caves lost terrors hold!
    They stagger in, with quaking bones
    Poor souls... lost in days of old

    Embrace the light and boldy stike!
    Release these poor fettered souls
    The cause is right, so to the fight
    And let Pharasma claim her toll."

    Inspire Courage +1 -- Yay!

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    "For the Waybringer!" Verrix cries, as he moves forward into the chamber the undead had come from, drawing his warhammer as he moves, drawing the skeleton's attack as he moves by so that he won't block the entrance from his allies.

    Consciously provoking an AoO from the skeleton. Paladins!

    He tries to smash the skeleton with his warhammer, bringing maximum force by holding his hammer in both hand.

    Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
    Damage if hits: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    Forgot inspire courage... but I bet 11 still doesn't hit... :(


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    The gillman bones stab at Verrix with a rusty, broken hilt as he walks by, but the metal simply clangs off his armor.

    broken scimitar attack: 1d20 ⇒ 4
    scimitar damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    Frustrated, the skeleton swings again at the holy warrior twice, first with the crumbling sword and then with a crumbling hand. It seems to be going through motions remembered from life, without realizing that most of the force is gone.

    broken scimitar attack: 1d20 ⇒ 13
    scimitar damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    claw attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
    clawdamage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    The other skeleton attacks Nico, listlessly stabbing with a broken sword and then almost as if by accident swiping with a withered claw.

    broken scimitar attack: 1d20 ⇒ 1
    scimitar damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    claw attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17
    claw damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    I believe Nico's AC is 18 with the mage armor, right? So the natural 20 makes the claw attack a hit, but not a critical threat.

    Iovo
    Garif (Nico is -8)
    ?
    ?
    Damiar
    Kleines
    Rees
    Verrix

    Silver Crusade

    LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

    Kleines rushes forward into the available space next to the skeleton and, thinking back to his brief time training with the monks, unleashes a vicious blow with his fist.

    attack, improved unarmed strike, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
    damage, inspire courage: 1d3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

    Yeah! Just like in the Irorium!


    Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

    Okay, so poking around, it seems like there is some dispute about whether or not a natural 20 confirms a critical hit when a 20 is only hitting because it's a 20. If we say that the 20 would confirm, then it is a crit threat. It's just a skeleton and I don't want to go back and retcon a roll for a critical confirmation, but I may handle it differently if the situation comes up again, especially if I can find a more recent thread with greater consensus.

    151 to 200 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.