The Moar Core Tour (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.

At least, that was the original plan. We made it to 5th level with a few characters leaving and others joining. At that point life had gotten in the way for several of the players and interest in Core was waning. The group had one last run and then we closed it down.


3,151 to 3,200 of 3,697 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

"I'd be no good at pretending I belong here, but I'd think the ebb and flow of servants is much like the flow of a river or any other process in nature - though of course it's a good deal faster than the deposition of glacial moraine, or anything else to do with rocks," Garif offers, before realizing he's lost the thread a bit. "What I mean is, I bet I would do okay with that approach."

I have +12 to Perception, so would favor that tactic.

DM - do we all need to take the same approach?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

Ironshanks nods in agreement with Garif "Best you kids listen to the elders this time. Go with the flow, no sense reinventin' the wheel." Ironshanks watches and waits for the hustle and bustle to move through.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

You kids? Who is he talking about? Can’t be me since I was recommending we just watch and time it. Must have been something I missed.

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Only one of you needs to make a check, regardless of which approach you take.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

Please clarify, only one needs to make it and we can all attempt it or only one attempt is needed but failures have consequences. Are we able to Aid?

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Only one of you may make the check, no aids. There are consequences for failure, but they vary by approach and are not immediately severe. The DC of the Perception check depends on where you are trying to go to (it's harder the farther you're going down the hall, as you need a longer opening); if you fail that check you may try again, but each attempt takes 2 minutes (and you know you're limited to about 60 minutes overall for this mission). Failure on the Bluff check might raise the overall suspicion level, but no servant is likely to outright challenge you.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

After a minute Ironshanks steps out into the mass of bodies and flows like liquid steel in a mold down the hall, waving the others along with him. "Step lively, this stuff isn't going to get there on time standin' 'round."

Take 10 on perception for 21.

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Where are you moving to? The curtain on the other side of the hallway, the double doors at the east end? The kitchen door?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

Ironshanks leads the way to the kitchen, just in case they do indeed want to up their cover story with some trays of snacks... or just in case they want some snacks...

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

Iovo is surprised as Ironshanks goes into the kitchen, but follows along.

Did he hear something I didn’t?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!
Damiar Apastron wrote:
"I'm going to be a servant. I think that if I swing in to the kitchen, I can grab a tray of hors d'oeuvres and make enough noise to cover all of you!""

Damiar mentioned wanting to go to the kitchen for a snack so Ironshanks headed that way. I'm happy to just have him follow along if you guys have a plan, I just didn't want the action to stall is all!

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Ironshanks times the passage of servants well, picking a quiet moment to lead the party around the corner to the kitchen. Ducking in the door you find a kitchen full of busy chefs preparing trays full of food for the party. "Who are you?" one of them demands. "Where are your uniforms?"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

Damiar casts disguise self to create herself a uniform and then strolls in like she owns the place.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"Oh him? He's one of the security staff with the Five Kings Mountains Ambassador. Their ambassador is allergic to mushrooms, and I promised that I would get him a tray that didn't have mushrooms on it that he could carry out." Then she looks around. "Speaking of trays, those canapes are going fast! Can I have a few more of those to pass around?"

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

Garif nods along as Damiar speaks, then holds one hand out before him, raising five stout fingers and nodding again. Apparently, he is attempting to support their connection to the Five Kings Mountains. This should be easy for him, as that is in fact his home, but he does not carry it off well at all.

Bluff, Continue to Aid Damiar Completely Unnecessarily: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

Iovo quickly looks around the kitchen, hoping to spot one of the mentioned uniforms hanging somewhere. She had already seen them on the servants rushing things between the kitchen and what she assumes is the gala.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Looking to Garif, Iovo says “Don’t worry, the ambassador will be safe for the couple of minutes this will take.” She adds a quick eye-roll.

Aid Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

The cook rolls her eyes. "And you though right now, as we're in the weeds, is the right time to communicate this allergy? Ugh, typical. Fine, just a sec!" She quickly assembles a tray of canapes without mushrooms and shoves it at Garif, then jerks her thumb at a nearby table full of trays being hastily laden. "Loadin' em up over there, take 'em as they're ready. Dang it, my gravy!" She turns away from you in a hurry and rushes over to the stove, where a large saucepan is beginning to boil over. No uniforms hanging in here, I'm afraid.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Oh dear. Speaking as someone who's made gravy many times... if her gravy is boiling over, this kitchen is in serious trouble. :P

Rees raises one eyebrow and watches the exchange, occasionally tilting his head slightly one way or another as if to consider the situation from a different angle. Fascinating. Lies, and truth, interwoven... He frowns slightly. Completely inappropriate for a member of the Community, of course. Deception is a dalliance with damnation. But... His frown changes to a thoughtful look as he glances over at Damiar. But... why does it always seem to work so well?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

Ironshanks' mouth drops open just a tad as the chef confronts him, luckily someone with better ideas and communication skills speaks up first else the staff was about to get an earful of harsh language. "If he gets the s+@!s from your food YOU'LL be cleanin' it up!" Is about the most polite thing he can say as he snatches up the tray and heads back into the hallway.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

Damiar glances at Rees staring at her out of the corner of her eye, and smiles. I do look cute in this uniform!

Picking up a bunch of trays, she heads out. "Shall we?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

Not trusting Chelaxian cuisine, Iovo grabs one of the vegetable plates and follows her sister out.

I do not want to know what sort of meat they put in devil hearts!

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Where to next? Ironshanks' take-10 on Perception is enough to time any trip through the hallway, so the question is are you heading to the door at the eastern end, or heading across the hall to the other side of that big curtain?

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

"Perhaps we should get a peek behind the curtain, literally?" whispers Phinellippa to the stealthiest party members.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

"Yes, that sounds good." Damiar agrees. "Are you up for it, sis?"

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

"That's a good idea, Phin," Garif replies, wondering what to do with the tray of canapes he's holding. No mushrooms, what good are these things anyway? That's like granite without phenocrysts, so uninteresting!

"I especially like the just taking a peek idea," he makes clear to Iovo and Damiar. "I can just imagine one of you pulling back that curtain and discovering you're on a stage in front of a hall of dignitaries - and the act you'd put on to cover up your sudden appearance there."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

Iovo gives a nod and moves over to the curtain. She then takes a quick peek to see what is on the other side. She does listen first just to make sure someone isn't immediately on the other side.

I would guess it is Stealth or Sleight of Hand to take a peek and not be noticed.
Stealth is currently +17, Sleight of Hand +7.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

Ironshanks stands back away from said curtain and samples the snacks "Gotta test these before I serve 'em." He gives one a sniff and sends it down the gullet while the others peek.

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

The enormous ballroom on the other side of the curtain takes advantage of the building’s vaulted ceilings to look even more extravagant than it otherwise would. Fluted columns carved in the shapes of various devils soar to the ceiling on the north and south ends of the room, hard up against the elegant crimson curtains through which servants continuously pass bearing food, drink, or serving ware. Diplomats, merchants, and nobles mingle as a chamber orchestra plays near the eastern wall, into which beautiful stained-glass windows and open double doors to a balcony are set. Two sets of open double doors lead west toward a well-appointed foyer. Amara Li can be seen standing near the columns along the Southern wall.

If you’re going to spend time planning, you may want to return to the short hallway, where you are less likely to be discovered.Alternatively, you could head to he double-doors at the end of this hallway. If you’re heading into the ballroom, here are your options:

  • You could spend 10 minutes trying to pass unobtrusively. This requires everyone to make either (a) a Stealth check to move through the shadows at the edges of the room, or (b) a Bluff check to blend in with the crowd.
  • Because you have the trays of canapes, you could instead pass more quickly through the center of the room. This would require a Bluff check from everyone, but would only take 5 minutes, instead of 10.

  • Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    I should clarify that with either of those options, you don't all need to pass the check to safely make it across the room. The relative number of successes and failures contribute to the overall suspicion level.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Iovo quickly steps away from the curtain and whispers over her spell “Main event, I suggest we go to the end of the hall instead!” as she moves towards the double doors at the end of the hall.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    "Then what did I grab these canapes for?" Damiar asks, sighing. But she follows her sister, still carrying her trays of food.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

    "Absolutely," Garif says, concurring with Iovo's suggestion. He sets down his tray and says, "I am impressed by your restraint, elves, in staying behind the curtain."

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Iovo whispers to her sister "We don't know what is beyond the doors. Keep up the disguise and let's hope you don't need it."

    With a wry smile, she adds "Nico will probably help you with your tray."

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Inside the doors you find another short hallway, this one quieter than the one you just left. A door to the north leads to the kitchen, and another stands propped open to the south. The garden on the far side shines in the moonlight, but dark shadows hug the lower reaches of the bushes, topiary, and trees. Two marble staircases wrap around a balcony where revelers are silhouetted against the light shining from the ballroom’s stained-glass windows. A tall wrought-iron fence divides the garden from the city beyond and below. Another small servant’s door exits the far side of the garden to the south.

    You can cross the garden several ways.

  • Slipping from shadowing shrub to shadowy shrub requires an easy stealth check from anyone going that way, and looks like it would take about 3 minutes.
  • You could instead stride boldly across in about 1 minute, posing as revelers or as staff with a bluff or disguise check.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Do each of us need to make the check or a single check for the group?

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Ironshanks quickly concurs with the group to avoid the banquet room, heading down the hallway with his mostly still full food tray in tow. "Any ways but that one, fancy parties ain't my mug of ale."

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    PaizoCon is looming so here are some preemptive bluff checks from Damiar.

    Preemptive Bluff Checks:

    "Have you tried the canapes? They are quite good."

    Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

    "Canape, ma'am?"

    Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Each of you need to make a check for whichever approach that PC is taking.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Iovo whispers to the others “I’m going with what I’m best at and sneaking over to the other side.” Having said that, she darts into the garden taking advantage of the plants to hide her passage.

    Take 10 Stealth, elixir: 10 + 7 + 10 = 27

    If take 10 not allowed:
    Stealth: 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 10 = 34

    If she could direct others to give a bonus to their stealth, she would. Have them follow her and watch for signals of when to move.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Sure, I'll say by doing that you can give anyone else taking the stealth option a +2, but take a -2 yourself as you point and direct wave to signal them.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Works for me! I accept the penalty.

    Leading the way, Iovo signals when it is a good time for others to advance or what areas to avoid.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Stealth (Iovo's bonus): 10 + 8 + 2 = 20

    +2 if the presence of trees makes this count as forest. ;)

    Rees nods and follows, creeping through the trees like a hunter stalking his prey.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa attempts to follow behind quietly.

    Stealth, elixir, Iovo: 1d20 + 5 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 10 + 2 = 23

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

    Garif chugs down the elixir he got from Iovo, then grumbles quietly for a moment before gesturing to Nico to follow along, holding a finger to his lips to convey to the clever cat that he should keep quiet.

    Stealth, Elixir, Iovo Distraction bonus: 1d20 + 0 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 0 + 10 + 1 = 23


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Panther 4 | HP 22 | AC 18 (22 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 19 (23 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7

    Nico raises a handsome, black eyebrow, as if to convey to Garif, You're telling me to be quiet?

    The great cat then slips without a sound through the foliage.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Ironshanks looks stubbornly at one of the female elves, honestly he hasn't quite been able to tell them apart just yet, he gives her the head shrug to get going and creeps his way across the garden. Sure hope this magic potion does its work else I'll stick out like a Dwarf in a Gnome's garden!

    Take 10 Stealth, Elixir, Bonus: 10 - 2 + 10 + 2 = 20

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    As most of the party sneaks off through the shadowy bushes, Damiar smirks, puts on her best obsequious expression, and saunters through the mingling party guests in the center of the garden, tray of snacks in hand. As far as you can tell, no one takes any note of your passage.

    Arriving at the far end of the garden, Iovo sneaks up to examine the door, surreptitiously opening. Inside, she sees what likely used to be a side chapel, now in use as a staging area for the gala. Magnificent stained-glass windows and vaulted ceilings look down on the racks of platters, dishes, wine bottles, and glasses stacked neatly on long wooden tables. Iovo shuts the door as quickly as she opened it, just in time to avoid notice from a servant who sweeps into the room to pick up a tray of champagne flutes and pass quickly back out the double doors.

    You can easily time a quick passage through this room without a check. The double doors seem to be getting quite a bit more traffic than either of the other two. If you’d like to swipe any of the staged materials here to bolster your disguises on your way through, you can do so without raising suspicion by making a Sleight of Hand check. Doing so gets you a +2 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks against guests and Diplomacy checks against servants, but imposes a -2 on Stealth checks.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Ironshanks picks up the largest volume sterling engraved stein he can find and grins to Garif "Now I really fit in: guest? servant? thirsty body guard... Let's find the kegs next." He does actually give a quick glance around the room, just in case there IS a keg here.

    Only good thing about a fancy schmancy party like this: they break out the good beer and snacks.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    The good news is there's a cask against one wall on a sturdy rack, already tapped and ready to pour. Burned into the face of the keg is the makers mark of Bjorn "Little Wolf" MacCuim, of the Five Kings Mountains, who's barleywine is renowned across the inner sea. The bad news is that if you want to swipe something without raising suspicion, I'm going to need a Sleight of Hand check.

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Go for the door less traveled?” Iovo suggests to the group.

    If she sees one of the dwarves intent on getting a drink, she quickly intercepts and pours it for them. Her nimble fingers grab the stein and fills it without a single drop wasted. She does shake her head in disbelief as she hands the drought to them.

    Drinking on the Job:
    Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

    Hoping it is the person carrying the drink that takes the penalty.

    Stealth: 10 + 7 + 10 = 27 Maybe -2 for providing for our poor (or is that pour) dwarves

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50
    Ironshanks Magee wrote:
    Ironshanks looks stubbornly at one of the female elves, honestly he hasn't quite been able to tell them apart just yet, he gives her the head shrug to get going and creeps his way across the garden.

    Silly Ironshanks. Damiar is the one carrying the Canape tray, while Iovo is the one who just gave you beer.

    Damiar follows her sister in.

    3,151 to 3,200 of 3,697 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.