The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


251 to 300 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Nico, go!" Garif calls out, urging the cat past the strange transparent foe. He then taps Damiar with a stout finger before moving out of the way of anyone wishing to shoot arrows at the jelly.

Cast guidance on Damiar, then move.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees raises his bow, then pauses and moves forward past Damiar, murmuring "Excuse me," as he passes. Raising his weapon once more, he takes aim and fires a shot at the monstrous goo, angling the arrow over everyone's heads... and right over the goo as well.

Rees sighs softly and leans to the side, hoping to obstruct Damiar's shot as little as possible.

Pew (PBS, cover, in melee, inspire): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 - 4 - 4 + 1 = 5


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Nico bounds forward, attempting to dodge past the clear blob and fight it from behind.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 DC is crazy high: CMD +5 (for moving through enemy square) +4 (slippery floor) +10 (moving more than half speed)

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Guidance does not stack with Inspire Courage. They're both competence bonuses.

I am one with the bow. No jelly will eat my friends without feeling my wrath.

Damiar aims and fires!

Longbow+IC+PBS+Cover+Melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 11
Damage+IC+PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo takes another shot with her bow, then steps back. "Back up Verrix, so more than one can attack it!"

Attack w/bow into melee, bard song: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 9
Damage w/bow, bard song: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines swings his glaive past Verrix, trying to slice the thing in two:

attack, bard song: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 before any cover Verrix provides it
damage, bard song: 1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10
Damiar Apastron wrote:
Guidance does not stack with Inspire Courage. They're both competence bonuses.

Right you are. Guess Garif has learned a lesson about working with bards.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix slams the gross cube with his warhammer again, then backs up hoping to draw it into a wider part of the hallway. (This will provoke an opportunity attack.)

2-Handed Power Attack, including +1 for Bardsong: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage if hits, including +1 for Bardsong: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Nico follows his master's orders and tries to leap past the cube. Unfortunately, the transparent nature of the beast makes it hard to gauge, and he pounces straight into the beast.

AoO slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
bludgeoning damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

lucky thing for that mage armor! He gets shunted back to the last legal spot at the time, which is where he is now, I believe.

Damiar's angry focus makes her arrow fly true, directly into the center of the cube! Rees, Iovo, and Kleines struggle with the single file battle, but Verrix, right in front, is able to give it a solid thump before moving out of the way. The gelatinous cube definitely does not have combat reflexes.

The weird jelly cube moves forward toward Kleines, trying to absorb him, unaware of the reach weapon held by the would-be monk.

One AoO for the movement. If it's still up, you either get an AoO or a Reflex save to avoid being engulfed.

Iovo
Verrix
-4hp
Jello, but the gross plain kind -36hp
Damiar
Rees
Garif
Kleines

Everyone is up once Kleines has resolved his reactions.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

As the creature advances, Kleines takes another swing with his glaive:
attack (glaive), bard song: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
damage, bard song: 1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11

If it's still up:
He then unleashes a kick at the creature as it tries to engulf him:
attack, bard song: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
damage, bard song: 1d3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Kleines thoroughly destroys the slowly moving cube. The floor, already slippery, is now covered with ooze and bits of metal armor and weapons left undigested by the creature.

Combat ended! The next map will be up late tonight or early tomorrow.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

With the disgust evident in her voice, Iovo says "I'm glad I didn't have to touch that thing!"

Then she quickly starts moving forward again. "Let's move! If Janira is fighting that thing, it means she wasn't able to lose it as she planned. We better try to help her!"

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Agreed, let's go. We can search the jelly later! Good job, everyone! We make a great team!"

Damiar runs forward, starting up her own song so that she can aid Janira in the final battle.

♫ It's the end of these caves as we know it
It's the end of these caves as we know it
And I feel fine... ♫

Starting up Inspire Courage!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Well done, everyone!" Garif says, checking to be sure that Nico is okay. "I'll hurry along as quickly as I can," he says to Iovo, casting a rueful glance at the side passages as they rush by, wondering what interesting minerals he's missing.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Noticing Garif's backwards glances, she encourages him by pointing out "Don't worry, we have to come back to explore the rest of the caves later anyways!"

Looking forward, she adds "We were told to explore the whole thing! Also I really think we should inform the gillman about what we found."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Feeling emboldened by his success against the ooze (and by the catchy tunes he's hearing) , Kleines eagerly rushes toward the sound of battle. Eventually Iovo's words worm their way into his brain. "Don't they already know? I thought whatshisname was the one that told us about the undead things in the first place."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

"It hadn't sounded like he had seen them. I don't know, maybe he does know?"


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The voices grow louder, and soon, you spy daylight! The party barrels out of the mouth of the cave to see the tenacious Janira continuing to fight the monstrous beast, shouting "You vile beast! I know not what drives your black heart, but I shall not fail in my duty. I shall see you driven from this forest, back to the hills from whence you came!"

Initiative!:

Iovo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Verrix: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damiar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Janira: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Minotaur: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Iovo
Janira
Rees
Kleines
Garif
Damiar
Minotaur
Verrix

Iovo is up!

Notes on conditions:
Janira's bardic performance is going, so +1 inspire courage to everyone.
The squares that are green are dense undergrowth and count as difficult terrain. The squares that are tan are normal terrain.
The region to the west of you slopes upward, giving ranged attackers a clear shot over the trees.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo runs across the open area and fires off a single arrow, hoping to distract the beast.

Attack w/bow into melee, range, song: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 1 = 11
Damage w/bow, song: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Too far away to get sneak attack damage. It would still be flat footed.

In a mocking voice, Iovo shouts "Hey cow face! Come over here if you want a real battle!" I wonder if it understands common?


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The arrow bounces off the minotaur's thick hide, and it barely seems to notice in its intense focus on the halfling.

Janira steps away and lashes out with a whip, attempting to wrap it around the minotaur's broken axe.

disarm, fatigued, bardic performance, disarm weapon: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 22

And successfully pulls the minotaur's axe out of his hands!

Iovo
Janira
Rees
Kleines
Garif
Damiar

Minotaur
Verrix

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Longbow+I.C.: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Damage+IC: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Still maintaining Inspire Courage, Damiar runs and shoots, but her nerves get the best of her, and her arrow sails right over the minotaur's head.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines moves as quickly as he can toward the log spanning the water. Double move

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees strides out of the cave as well, stopping beside Garif and raising his bow. Taking a deep breath, he pauses for a moment with the string beside his cheek, then releases it and watches as the arrow sails smoothly toward its target.

Attack (inspire): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The tall elf allows a slight smile to suffuse his visage as the projectile buries itself in the minotaur's furry hide.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

His eyebrows rising in surprise as the petite Janira disarms the massive bull-man, Garif moves forward, saying to himself, ”Maybe I can help her out, even the odds a bit.” He focuses on the plants around the minotaur’s feet, wiggling his thick fingers like so many blades of grass and muttering a few words. Suddenly, the plants come to life, wrapping around the minotaur’s huge feet and trunk-like legs!

Move action to get a little closer, than cast entangle in the yellow area marked, DC 15 Reflex save.


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Nico bounds toward the creek to fight the minotaur!

Double move.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Another pair of arrows come soaring toward the beast. While one passes over his head, the other lands solidly in his shoulder.

As he turns to look, the plants around his feet start growing...

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

He roars at the unnatural plant activity, picks up his axe off the ground, and carefully moves out of the winding plants, glowering over Janira.

Iovo
Janira
Rees
Kleines
Garif
Damiar
Minotaur -9 hp
Verrix

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo continues to move through the brush, firing her bow at the minotaur.

Attack w/bow into melee, song: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 10
Damage w/bow, song: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix runs towards the stream, making it to the underbrush, drawing his warhammer as he goes.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar aims...

Longbow+I.C.+melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 8
Damage+IC: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

...then screams with frustration as the Minotaur once more evades her shot. "Stay still, darn you!"


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Janira moves back, taking her eyes off the minotaur to retrieve a bag from her side. In that moment, he swings his axe with great force, bringing down Janira.

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

He turns to face the new intruders.

Iovo
Janira
Rees
Kleines
Garif

Damiar
Minotaur -9 hp
Verrix

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Damn!

"Hey you, stupid cow man! Over here! Pick on someone your own si-...er...closer to your own size!" I hope I live to regret that...

Kleines rushes forward to the foot of the log bridge. Double move.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif grimaces in frustration as the minotaur steps clear of the entangling vegetation, muttering, "Oh, rubble! That's not supposed to happen!" He then gasps in dismay as Janira falls, hurriedly pulling the halfling's scroll from his pocket and using it to cast the animated plant spell again!

Move action to draw Janira's scroll of entangle, standard to cast it in newly drawn yellow area, another DC 15 Reflex save.


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Nico continues to bound toward the minotaur, leaping gracefully over the babbling brook, dodging left and right as he gets close, and biting at the bull-man!

Move action to leap the stream (auto-succeed at Acrobatics check, even if creek counts as 10' across), use Acrobatics to try to avoid AoO, then bite!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17 Assuming Damiar's bardic performance is musical, rather than language-dependent
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

The inspire courage is auditory and musical, so it should help all allies.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The minotaur roars again as the growing plants seemingly follow him.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

This time, the plants entangle his thick limbs, holding him in place. He further roars in frustration as Nico bites him solidly in the thigh.

Iovo
Janira
Rees
Kleines
Garif
Damiar
Minotaur -13 hp
Verrix

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

"Nicely done, Garif!" exclaims Rees as he retrieves another arrow and raises his bow once more. No cover, I believe, since the minotaur is large.

Pew! (inspire, in melee): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Is there a rule that prevents large creature from having cover due to medium creatures? I would rule that as partial cover, which is still a +2 to its AC. Or if you moved down a few spaces, you would have had a clear shot, the GM encouraged.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

While we resolve Rees's shot...

The minotaur thrashes to free himself from the twisting vines and just barely breaks out.

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Not trusting the ground beneath him, he moves out of the way, snarling at the cat. Nico gets an attack of opportunity.

Iovo
Janira
Rees
Kleines
Garif
Damiar

Minotaur -13 hp for now
Verrix

Janira stirs fretfully, but seems to be bleeding.

stabilization roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Happy to be moved.

Since the minotaur is 10' x 10', there should be a "top" 5' cube the corners of which are fully accessible by the upper corner of my 5' cube. At least, that's how I've always seen large creature cover run... but again, happy to just be moved to an optimum location. :)


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Moved, and hey! you hit!

A second arrow from Rees strikes the minotaur, and it bellows in pain and frustration.

Iovo
Janira
Rees
Kleines
Garif
Damiar

Minotaur -17 hp
Verrix

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Janira!"

Come on, you can do this. Janira needs you to DO this!

Damiar moves forward, and takes a shot right through the minotaur's eye. "You'll not hurt my friend again!"

Longbow+IC+PBS+melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 22
Damage+IC+PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8
Crit?!: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 19
Crit Damage+IC+PBS: 2d8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix runs forward through the underbrush, skirts past a tree, and makes a running leap in an attempt to clear the stream.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Facepalm.

With a loud splash, Verrix ends up in the water, having failed to clear the stream.

That was a double move. For next turn:

Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

I was waiting in case anyone else had a last cool thing, but as Dennis pointed out, we've all played the Confirmation before.

Damiar's fury and fear at seeing Janira go down steadies her bow. After several misses, this shot is perfect. The minotaur goes down before even noticing the arrow.

You have 9 rounds to get to Janira, so I don't think it's necessary to stay in initiative.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees raises an eyebrow, clearly impressed by Damiar's shot. Was that the magic arrows, or actual skill? he wonders. Pausing to re-quiver the arrow he was about to load, he begins making his way toward the injured halfling. Better help her if she's still alive... though how anyone could survive that...

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines, seeing the minotaur go down as he was about to cross the bridge, instead lays down on the log and puts an arm into the river to assist Verrix should the water sweep him down that way.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar takes a step back, does a running jump, and leaps the river.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Pulling out her wand of CLW, she attempts to stabilize the downed halfling.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Garif, you have Janira's wand! Can you heal her the rest of the way?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Seeing her sister kill off the foul beast and taking care of Janira, Iovo gets out her rope and runs to the river bank. She will throw a rope to Verrix if he needs any help getting out of the stream.

The ground is so uneven, I wonder if he stepped into a hole while he was trying to make that leap? Must have been something like that, it isn't like the stream is that wide here.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Janira comes to, thanks to Damiar's healing magic. "Thank you, all of you! I didn't want to put you in any danger, but I guess I took on more than I could handle." She stands up, brushing herself off.

"And what of your adventure? Did you explore the cave? What did you find?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

"We found the remains of an insane necromancer and talked to a nice gillman who explained why they visited the cave. There is a pool there that they consider sacred."

Getting out her notes, she tells Janira about the reliefs they found and how they linked to the shrine. "We could only make out a few of them, but perhaps others could figure the rest out. Surely the society has someone who knows more about that dead human god?" They can't lose records in that short a time, can they?

"We still have a little more of the cave system to explore." Looking at the small halfling, she adds "Are you alright? It looks like that beast hurt you pretty badly."

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif lets out a sigh of relief as Damiar's perfectly-placed arrow drops the fearsome minotaur to the ground. He calls Nico back to him, and waits for Janira to come back over the bridge to be healed, saying quietly, "I'll just wait here and take a look at these nicely polished river stones, rather than trying to get across that skinny bridge. Dwarves aren't made for such things."

Once the halfling is within reach, he draws out her healing wand and gently lays it on her.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If she needs both of those charges, the wand is now at 4 charges left.

251 to 300 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.