The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


201 to 250 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

Kleines smashes the skeleton into dust with his bare hands! The effect is somewhat gruesome, as his fist is now covered in decaying flesh and bone.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo moves out into the room and then circles back in order to flank with Nico on the nasty undead thing.

Melee Attack, flank, Bard song: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Melee Damage, sneak, Bard song: 1d6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + (4) + 1 = 11


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Yes, AC with mage armor is 18, I've updated my stat line.

Nico lashes out with tooth and claw, in a frenzy to destroy the horrid creature before him!

Full attack on green.

Bite, Inspired, Flank: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage, Inspired: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Claw: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Claw: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif moves closer to the fight, glad to see Nico is still up and holding his own. The last skeleton seems to be tottering and about to fall, but just in case, the stone-faced druid lays another guiding hand on Rees.

Cast guidance on Rees again.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

Nico's bite breaks the skeleton into bits! He then claws angrily at the remains for good measure.

Out of combat!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Smiling, Iovo says "I like this cat!"

Then looking over at Kleines, she adds "Your strike was impressive as well. I just don't think I would have wanted to put my hand there..."

She then starts looking at the dead body. "Any idea what happened here?" she says, gesturing at the dhamphir's corpse.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees puts away his club and walks quietly over to the body. Put one down by myself, and she compliments everyone else... maybe it's her way of flirting with me? Garak said something about Outsider females acting opposite to what they're actually thinking... maybe that's it.

Now then, what have we here...

Kneeling, he studies the fallen dhampir with interest.

Heal?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif hurries slowly over to Nico, examining the bloody cuts in the panther's thick fur to be sure no lasting damage has been done. He then draws out the wand provided by Janira and taps the cat with it.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

That puts Nico back at full HP, 6 charges left on the wand. Anyone else need a tap?

With Nico at his side, Garif walks over and assists Rees with figuring out what happened to the fallen dhampir, but he's unable to figure out how the odd being met its end.

Heal to Aid Rees, DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

heal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

Kleines stands over the body of dhampir, scratching his bald head. It seems like there's an obvious answer to what happened to this person, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix re-sheathes his hammer (insofar as you "sheath" a hammer). "Well-fought, friends. The foul undead abominations have been destroyed."

He goes to help the others in diagnosing what's going on with the dead dhampir, and also seeing if there is anything around it that might give any clues.

Heal (Untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 3
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He sees absolutely nothing. His helmet hangs a little low over his eyes, blocking his vision....


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

Rees, you flip over the body, and the cause of death is pretty apparent. The gouges and scratches on his chest match the broken swords and claws of the skeletons who just attacked you. Lifting the body also reveals a quiver of very nice looking arrows, an amulet, and a scrap of a note.

In addition to whatever you'd like to do with the body or items, could I please get Perception checks from everyone?

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees points to the many wounds on the body wordlessly, then turns to the group. "The should-be-deads got him," he explains. "Here, Damiar... perhaps you can determine what this does?" Passing over the amulet to her, his eyes rest for a moment on the quiver before he passes that to the other female elf. "And maybe you can use these?"

Turning quickly back to the body, he holds up the note to the group and sets to work attempting to decipher the scrawled writing thereon.

Perception (+2 vs humans): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"I am sorry for him," Garif says thoughtfully. "I wonder where he was from, what stones he walked to come to this place? Does that scrap of parchment tell us anything about him, Rees, so that we might get him home?"

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Just to clarify, Rees is holding the note out so anyone can help read it.

Though he's still trying to make out the writing, Rees hands the note to Verrix momentarily and kneels once again beside the body. After a few seconds he stands up again and holds out a small whitish pebble to Garif. "Your second question, at least, has an answer," he replies with a soft smile. "It was wedged in his boot-sole."


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

The note is torn, but you make out a few sentence fragments.

Note wrote:

... and the fish people will be perfect to start my army! No one will ever know that they've gone missing. Their bone structure is most fascinating, though I worry they may prove a little too delicate once animated as skeletons. This may require some experimentation; perhaps zombies would be better?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

"Fish people?" Iovo shakes her head. "Someone needed to learn some manners."

Bored with the body, she looks around the rest of the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 +1 for traps

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Iovo, Rees was offering you the nice quiver. :)

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Offering you the quiver? Is that what they call it these days?

"Ooh!" Damiar exclaims. "An amulet! So pretty!"

*Detect magic*

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

EDIT: Derp. Perception?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Kleines is distracted by the note, trying to make sense of what he sees. I don't see an army here. Probably just as well; I don't think fish would make very good soldiers. He's probably right about the bones - they usually seem pretty delicate, at least when they end up on a plate. "Fish army indeed. This guy had some odd ideas. I wonder where the rest of the writing is?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Sorry, I had missed it! Thanks for pointing it out.

Rees Kovu wrote:
Rees points to the many wounds on the body wordlessly, then turns to the group. "The should-be-deads got him," he explains. "Here, Damiar... perhaps you can determine what this does?" Passing over the amulet to her, his eyes rest for a moment on the quiver before he passes that to the other female elf. "And maybe you can use these?"

Iovo looks at the quiver, hesitates for a moment and then admits "My sister is better with a bow. I think she should probably take those."

Then her eyes suddenly light up with alarm. "Oh! My bow!" She then walks back to where she had dropped her bow and picks it up. Checking it over and wiping some debris off it, she smiles at Rees and says "Thank you for the reminder! "

Bad enough that I dropped it, but to leave it there for so long! I hate to think what sort of punishment my weapons instructors would have inflicted on me for that!


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

Damiar:
This is an amulet of natural armor +1. You also notice that the quiver of arrows has a magical aura.

Iovo:
You find a concealed passage.You don't think it's trapped.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

"Manners, yes," Verrix says grimly. "Not to mention somebody needs to learn not to tempt fate by doing something so evil as reanimating the dead to make an army!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

"Although I agree that such things should not be done, I doubt this is the last time someone tries something like this." Iovo says as she is poking around.

Pointing to one of the cramped spaces, she says "It looks like there is another passage here. I wonder if it also leads out of the cave system?" As she says this, she pulls at the wall revealing it was a tarp colored to blend in with the stone.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Woah! That's some paint job." Kleines examines the tarp for longer than it likely merits, amazed that he could have been fooled by a piece of cloth.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Oh, I agree, that is cunning," Garif murmurs admiringly as Iovo pulls back the tarp. "The way the creamy white and the pale pink are blended with the base gray, to look like quartz patches in the base rock...don't you think so, Kleines?"

After a pause, he adds, "I wonder what they're hiding behind it. Shll we go take a look?"

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"What? Oh, yeah, sure." What is he talking about?

Roused from his examination, Kleines scribbles down the word 'quartz' in his notes and heads into the concealed passage.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

As you poke your heads into the passage, you realize that small cracks in the ceiling let you hear snippets of the world above. There are thuds from the footsteps of a very large creature, clangs of metal into wood, and finally a familiar voice of a much less cheerful halfling:

"As the legendary Gregaro Voth successfully battled the wild beasts in the deepest reaches of the Mwangi Expanse, so shall I defeat you, foul servant of Lamashtu!"

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"We gotta go!" Not waiting for a response, Kleines rushes ahead.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo rushes to follow Kleines, saying "That sounds like Janira!"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar rushes after her sister, longbow at the ready. "We're not going to let Janira down!"

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Wait... now they want to help her? What changed? Rees stands still for a moment, a thoughtful look on his face. Finally he shakes his head and follows the others, loosing his bow as he goes. I don't understand these people... not one bit.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Seeing everyone rushing ahead, Garif pauses thoughtfully a moment, even scratching his head as he attempts to puzzle out why now is the right time to charge into the same fight they avoided earlier. With a shrug, he calls out, "Nico, after them!" before hurrying as much as his stout legs will allow him to after his companions.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

"What?" Verrix exclaims. "Is she still fighting that Minotaur? I think her plan was to have lost it by now... we'd better go help her!"


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

GM dice:
B6 roll: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The sounds of battle grow louder as you hurry through the slippery passageway!

Could I please get Perception checks from everyone? And who is leading the way?

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Probably not leading the way!

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Too slow to lead the way!


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Might possibly have bounded ahead and be leading the way...unless a paladin insisted on the lead.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Lead the way? I'm an archer!

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

I certainly would not have intentionally waited for anyone to pass me, so I guess probably me.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix will lead the way if Kleines doesn't beat him to it.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Right behind the paladin!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

All right, I think I got the marching order correct.

Verrix and Kleines lead the way, rushing through the narrow and treacherous passageways, getting nearer and nearer to Janira's voice. Verrix very nearly walks straight into a clear cube of something ominous and squishy. Iovo tries to call out to him to stop, but before she can, he feels a faint strain of divine power. Somewhere, off in another cavern, a tiny mural of a solar system moves, and Verrix sees the monster before it is too late.

Initiative!:

Jello: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Verrix: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Iovo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damiar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Garif roll-off: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Kleines roll-off: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Iovo
Verrix

Jello, but the gross plain kind
Damiar
Rees
Garif
Kleines

Bolded may go!


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

Two notes on conditions:
1. You can hear Janira's voice from outside, and it is very inspiring! She is using Bardic Performance, and you all have +1 to attack and damage rolls.
2. The floor is very slippery! Acrobatics checks have a DC of 4 higher.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Knowledge: Dungeoneering?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 DR? Anything that would prevent Iovo from hurting it? Special Attacks?

Seeing it block the passageway, Iovo steps up next to Kleines and shoots at the thing. Realizing others might not be aware, she says "Transparent jelly ahead!"

5' step, shoot

Bow, Bard Song, in melee?: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 12
Damage, Bard song: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak attack?: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

Iovo steps aside and shots an arrow directly into the blob of jelly! It mindlessly recoils at the impact, but without any organs to aim for, Iovo seems to get no benefit from surprising it.

Iovo, you know that this is a gelatinous cube, though it seems to be a young one. It is an ooze with ooze traits, which include immunity to precision damage. It is immune to electricity, but has no other unique defensive abilities.

It has three special attacks. Its slam attack does acid damage into addition to normal bludgeoning, it can engulf creatures in its path, and it can paralyze victims of its slam attack or its engulf attack.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

"Watch out, it can paralyze with those slimy...blobs?" She hesitates a moment over what to call the creature's limbs. Just doesn't sound right saying pseudo pods or tentacles...

"It is immune to electricity and can engulf people!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix holds his warhammer in two hands and brings it down powerfully upon the gelatinous cube.

Warhammer 2-handed power attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage if hits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

I am sad that oozes aren't subject to critical hits....

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Bard song bonus to damage?

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Bards like to have their bonuses remembered! How nice of Janira to sing for us!


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse

Reacting to the impact of the hammer, the cube of quivering jelly slams back at Verrix!

jelly attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
jelly smash: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 bldg damage
jelly sting: 1d6 ⇒ 2 acid damage

Iovo
Verrix
-4hp
Jello, but the gross plain kind -13hp
Damiar
Rees
Garif
Kleines

Everyone may act!

201 to 250 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.