The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


101 to 150 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Garif:
You see footprints in the soil left by a web-toed humanoid within the last few hours.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix will take the acid flask, as he's fresh out of splash weapons.

He will also take one of the two sunrods and crack it, so as to provide light. He'll carry it in his left hand, sword out in right hand.

Untrained Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Oh, well look at that!" Garif exclaims. "Do you see, in the patch of soil there by the large, dark phenocryst? Footprints! They're from a web-toed humanoid, and made within the last few hours. That's interesting."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines will take a potion of CLW unless anyone objects and, after everyone else has taken what they wish, will add the remainder of Janira's pack to his own load.
Seeing that Verrix has already cracked open a sunrod, Kleines will stick close to him to take advantage of the illumination.

Survival (untrained): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 16 Glad we have Garinol with us!

Reading the names on the scrolls, Iovo says "Hey, sis! You are better with the magic. Do you think you could get this scroll to work on Nico?" while holding out the one named Mage Armor.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar peers at the scroll with read magic. "I think I can. It's not my normal sort of magic, though! Garith, I can try to put the mage armor on your cat, Nico, if you can help me do it. Can you cast guidance, please?"

A DC of 26 for a 6th caster level spell. All rolls assume that liberal amounts of Guidance is being added!

UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25

She attempts tries to hold the magical phrasings in her head, but the words keep slipping from her concentration. "Gosh, I hope I can cast this... Kreighton's handwriting is so spidery. Someone really should give him calligraphy lessons!"

UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19

The words are so hard to say. She coughs, trying to clear her throat. "Why didn't Janira pack throat lozenges?"

UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24

Am I going to get this? Hey, they're all staring at me... "Um, no really... I think I can do this!"

UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23

"Aaaargh! You stupid scroll! Why are you tormenting me? Listen. Listen hard. See these pointy ears? I am an elf! My people live and breathe magic, and bend the laws of the universe to our will. You are a scroll, a glorified, stuck-up piece of parchment, and you will LISTEN to me!"

She concentrates fiercely, glaring at the scroll before she casts.

UMD: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26

Then the scroll finally releases its contents, and settles in a tingly but protective spell aura on Nico. "I did it! I did it!" Then she bounces and spins in a victory dance. "Ha, take that, scroll!"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo watches as her sister fights with the scroll. Come on, sis! I know you can do it!

At the mention of threat lozenges, Iovo passes her sister her waterskin. "Maybe a sip of water will help? Sorry, I didn't put any honey or lemon in it."

Smiling, she encourages Damiar "Keep trying! You'll get it!"

When the spell finally goes off, Iovo cheers and runs over to hug her sister. "See! You did it!"

Then she looks over to agaric and asks "What was that about footprints? Could they be from those Gillmen that Janira spoke of?"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Thanks for thinking of the kitty, Iovo! And wow, autocorrect comes up with a lot of variations on my name!

"Why, that's very thoughtful," Garith says, nodding as Iovo suggests using one of the scrolls to protect Nico. As Damiar struggles with the scroll, Garith looks around them in the cavern, a bit concerned about what all the ruckus might attract. When she finally succeeds, he thanks her again before responding to Iovo's question. "Yes, I expect they are Gillmen footprints. Shall we see where they lead?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Nodding, Iovo takes one last look in the backpack before Kleines store it.

"If no one minds, I'll take these!" she says, grabbing the smokestick and the potion of vanish.

Then she starts moving down the tunnel in the direction indicated by Garif.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"And I'll take this!" Damiar grabs the wand of Burning Hands. "If we get another swarm, I want to be ready! Does anyone else want to take the acid? How about the tanglefoot bag? If no one minds, I want the scroll of identify, because I can cast it."

The wand of Burning Hands is now being tracked in my spoiler in my header.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

GM roll: 1d6 ⇒ 6

As you continue along through the cave, you stop short at a pit that takes up the entire width of the passageway. At the bottom of the 10 foot deep pit are a number of sharp spikes, clearly ready to cause serious injury to anyone unlucky enough to fall in. A bundle of fabric lies nestled between two spikes. The sides of the pit look smooth and the corners are rounded.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar detects magic, in hopes of spotting a trap or something else that might be important.

"I have rope, if we want to check this out..."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Looking down at the pit, Iovo says "I found a spiked pit trap!"

Scratching her head, she comments "I'm glad they didn't bother to conceal it." Then she points down, saying "There appears to be something down there."

Looking to her sister, she says "Let's tie the rope off and I'll climb down!"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Sure!" Damiar helps Iovo with the rope so she can climb down. "Why do you think this one was not covered? Did someone or something already get caught in it?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Climb: 10 = 10

Walking carefully through the water, she wades over to where the lump of cloth is. She examines it before picking it up.

Perception: 10 + 6 = 16

Then she picks up the lump and looks at it. With a shrug, she ties the cloth to the rope and lets the others haul it up as she checks for anything else down here.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Done searching, she calls up with any findings and then asks them to let the rope back down so she can cmilb out again.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines hauls up the lump, unties it, and lets down the rope again. "Let's see what this thing is." he says, as he examines it.

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

"Also, anyone got any bright ideas for getting across? I have not yet reached the level of self-perfection where I could jump across easy."


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The fabric proves to be a very fine dark blue cloak, with silver embroidery at the edges.

When weighing the difficulty of the jump, Kleines also notices that the stone ground is slippery, and would make jumping more difficult than it would be with secure footing. Acrobatics check DCs are increased by 2 in the cave.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines, you are going to fall and break your ass if you try to jump over this thing.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif sees Kleines eyeing the jump across the pit, then says, "I don't know that I'll ever reach that level of self-perfection. Since it's not so hard to lower a rope down, perhaps one of us could lower a rope for everyone to climb down, then jump across and use the same rope to help us get out? I'd think Damiar or Iovo would be able to do that admirably." Glancing at Nico, who's taken advantage of the fact that everyone has stopped moving to curl up and nap, he says, "I suppose Nico could leap across easily enough with a rope, but I might have a hard time explaining to him that he needs to hold the rope while we climb up - or convincing him it's worth his while. And he might decide we're playing 'hunt the string' with him, which could end...awkwardly."

Turning his attention to the cloak, he waves a hand over the elegant, sodden lump, announcing, "This is magic! Though I know not what it does."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo hears her name just as she manages to climb up.

"Jump across?" she asks. Looking at the pit, she says "I think I can make it with a running start..."

She checks the path, making sure there is nothing loose along it. Then she takes her running start and leaps!

Acrobatics, long jump: 10 + 7 - 2 = 15


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Iovo easily clears the pit!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo calls out "Alright, I'm going to look for a good place to tie the rope off. Throw it to me when I give the signal!"

She then looks for a good strong anchor point to tie off to.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"I'm ready to throw when you need me to do so!"

Damiar takes a moment to examine the item with detect magic.

"Do you mind if I use the scroll to help identify what this is?"

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"What do you mean identify it? It's a cloak!"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"No, it's a magical cloak. It could be so many things...I've heard of cloaks that turn you into a manta ray, cloaks that displace you so that you are partly in the world bouncing in and out and thus harder to hit, cloaks give you some ability to cast spells... This could do all sorts of things!" She raises an eyebrow. "Sure, we could just pack it and not use it, but aren't you curious as to what it does?"

She sighs and starts to pack it. "I suppose we could take care of the climbing first. Let's get past this pit, and then we can dicsuss it."

Climb: 10 + 1 = 11

Following Iovo's lead, she climbs easily out of the pit.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

As they navigate the climbing into and out of the pit, Garif ponders all the many varieties of magical cloaks Damiar described, commenting, "You're quite a storyteller, Damiar. You make me wonder about all the many sorts of magical cloaks out there we don't even know about, and what they might do. Perhaps we'll find out some day."

"As to figuring out what this one does, if it would help to use the scroll, go ahead by all means."

Not sure why you wouldn't try just using Spellcraft first, but I'm notorious for hoarding limited resources, and that may not be critical here.

Will take 10 on Climb.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

If you do the Spellcraft, you need to wait a day before before doing it again. Identify gives a bonus to the roll, but I do not believe it allows you a second chance that day. See the retry section of Spellcraft skill: "When using detect magic or identify to learn the properties of magic items, you can only attempt to ascertain the properties of an individual item once per day. Additional attempts reveal the same results."


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Assuming everyone can get a 5 on a Take 10, you successfully make it out of the pit.

The sound of water dripping explains the slippery floors. The caves’ walls are patterned with blue-green luminescent fungi that provide dim light. Petroglyphs—most depicting marine animals or spiral shapes—periodically decorate the tunnels’ walls. The rough surface of the carvings provides a natural platform for the fungi, causing it to grow thicker and making the carvings glow slightly brighter than their surroundings.

The tunnels continue on, leading deeper beneath the Kortos Mounts until they eventually open into a large cavern. What must have once been beautifully carved reliefs and inscriptions have since weathered heavily, their features dulled and softened to the point that it is hard to distinguish what each once depicted. A wide tunnel exits the cavern on its far side, and blue-burning torches line the passageway’s walls.

GM roll: 5d12 ⇒ (7, 3, 12, 12, 1) = 35
Four of the reliefs look less worn away than the others, and with a little time, you may be able to decipher them.

Knowledge(history or religion) or Linguistics, please. +2 bonus for speaking Aquan or Azlanti, +4 if you speak both. You can attempt all four checks yourself, or you may aid someone else's checks.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Kn (History): None; Kn (Religion): None; Linguistics: None; Guess I'm not going to be much help here!

Iovo peers at the fungus, intrigued by it. "Nice to have a light source! I'm going to take a sample of this fungus for more study!"

Saying that, she then scrapes little off the wall away from th petroglyphs.

Taking some of the parchment she founds, she then makes crude copies of the petroglyphs, noting where they are positioned in the chambers.

When she gets to the huge cavern, she comments "Too bad the decorations are so worn. Can one of you make any sense of these?"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Knowledge History: 10 + 8 = 18
Knowledge History: 10 + 8 = 18
Knowledge History: 10 + 8 = 18
Knowledge History: 10 + 8 = 18

Damiar studies the reliefs. "Oh, these are interesting relics. I've always loved history!"


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

You may also use Appraise or Perception, though it seems a little more difficult.

Or the bard just gets them all. :)

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Another good point, Iovo, hadn't considered that.

Garif has no training or background that would help him understand the carvings, but he studies them carefully nonetheless.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Well, I might get a couple of them.

Edit: didn't realize Kate had been ninja'd. Well, I sure stared at those carvings hard.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

Damiar and Garif, you recognize scenes from The History and Future of Humanity, the holy text of Aroden. However, the images look a little different from the standard canon, and you suspect that this is a very early version.

You are able to make out:

An Artist painting murals on the walls of impressive buildings, associated with Aroden having painted the city of Absalom with beautiful colors so that it might awe all who visited.

A Craftsman creating shoes, pots, jewelry, and other moveable goods, referencing Aroden’s delight at seeing his people express their ingenuity in creating new products from raw materials.

A Merchant weighing and trading coins of different sizes, a reference to the holy text’s proverb that peace brings trade and prosperity to all people.

A Thief stealing a gem from a shop while whispering a prayer, an allusion to a passage saying that larceny—though illegal—is a form of praise, for anything worth stealing is also worthy of praise for its craftsmanship.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Just for fun:
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Surprising himself most of all, Kleines recognizes some of these images. These look like a mural at my school. It always seemed a little weird that Iomadaeans would have pictures of another god painted on the wall..."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Iovo spends some time looking over each of the reliefs while others are discussing them. I can barely make out the details here. Good thing the others know what they are supposed to be, I would probably have misinterpreted the one of the merchant. If it weren't for the tools shown, the same goes for the craftsman.

Puzzled, Iovo says "That last one seems to be sort of a mixed message. Was this human god just saying any sort of praise is good?" If he thought it was all about the value of the items, he really didn't understand at all.

She then shrugs, and starts taking notes about the four reliefs they can make out.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix, seeing that the knowledgeable elven and dwarvish types have this well in hand, will keep an eye out as a rearguard to make sure no foul cave-dwelling beast sneaks up on them while they're performing their scholarship.

To Kleines: Iomedae was Aroden's herald after ascending to divinity herself. And, as a goddess of justice, she has been known to be friendly to other gods of similar realms. My own patron, Apsu, and Iomedae, can be considered allies. Indeed, my mother told me that many of the silver dragons who fight in Mendev have come to revere Iomedae as their primary patron."

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees remains silent during the majority of the discussion about religions and gods, but as he spies Garif falling behind in intense study of a cluster of pinnacle variegated bluestone (to Rees, rocks), he edges over to the dwarf. "Do..." he pauses, hesitating. What if I ask, and he thinks I'm unlearned? What if this is something I 'should' know, according to the Outside's twisted worldview?

Lowering his voice a bit, he tries again. "Do people really believe all that?" he asks Garif.


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

When everyone is ready to move on...

After you travel through the tunnel with the blue-burning torches, the soft light of the surrounding fungus mixes with the flickering glow to reveal a grand chamber. A large pool of water along the chamber’s southern edge reflects the blue and green radiance to illuminate the massive stalactites that cling to the ceiling overhead. Two other tunnels branch off from this area, leading to the east and west. Rising up from the pool is a column of rock with steeply sloped sides and a flat top, as if someone had sawn off the top of a massive stalagmite. A miniature city carved from this same stone occupies nearly the entire surface. Tiny trinkets such as ancient coins, polished semiprecious stones, and ornately braided loops of string are scattered throughout the diorama, and pale cave frogs clamber atop it. The smooth cavern floor is covered in gravel and pebbles along the edge of the pool, and several foot-long centipedes prowl among the gravel in their search for prey.

A humanoid creature kneels in the water, facing away from you and toward the tiny city.

Knowledge(local), DC 10:
He is a gillman.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Knowledge (Local, Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"We seem to have found the 'gill man'," whispers Rees quietly, gesturing. Now what? Will it attack us? Are we somehow trespassing on its 'sacred' ground?

One hand moves slowly to the large bow across Rees' shoulders, while the other grips the knife at his belt.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Kn: Local: 10 + 7 = 17

Peering ahead, Iovo then looks back and starts nodding her head in agreement with Rees. She however makes no move towards her weapons.

She eyes Verrix and Kleines for a few moments, biting her lower lip.

Gee, this is where my sister normally takes over. Should I shove her forward, or wait to see if one of the fellows wants to do this? Kleines is sort of a quiet fellow, but when he speaks people tend to listen. Verrix is more talkative, but seems a little disconnected. Either of those may be able to do it as well as my sister.

Finally she makes a general sweeping motion towards the gillman, whispering "Well, get going one of you! Unless you want me to do the introductions!" She has a mischievous grin on her face as she says this.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines hails the man as he moves closer. "Hello there! My name's Kleines. I hope we aren't interrupting anything. Who might you be?"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Knowledge Local: 10 + 3 = 13
Diplomacy: 10 + 6 = 16

Damiar leaves her bow behind with Iovo as she approaches. Best not to spook him.

"And I am Damiar. May we speak? We're also willing to wait if you're busy."


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The gillman does not respond to Kleines's overture.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

As the party moves into the stalactite-adorned cavern, Garif ponders Rees' question a moment before saying, "Oh, the gods stuff? I don't know, I've never paid it a great deal of attention. They've powers enough, and worshipers aplenty, I can say that. But I've always looked for strength and guidance from the bones of the very earth...well, that's a nice collection of speleothems! And that stone city! Such detailed work!"

He starts to move up to take a closer look, then notices the gillman before them. When Iovo asks for someone to make introductions, Garif takes an unconscious step backwards, confident he's not the dwarf for that job.

When the greetings elicit no response from the gillman, Garif shrugs and says in a whisper, "Perhaps he's deaf? I guess if he is, I don't need to whisper, eh?"

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Deaf? Oh, I guess that makes sense." Kleines moves over to the edge of the pool and waves, far enough that he thinks the Gillman can see him, but off to the side so he won't alarm them by getting right up next to them.

Not really thinking about the full implications of someone being deaf, Kleines once again launches into an introduction as soon as he thinks the gillman can see him. "Hello? Hi! I'm Kleines. Sorry to disturb you, but...um...hi. We're here to look at the caves and were hoping maybe we could talk to you for a bit."

Diplomacy: 10 + 7 = 17

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar smiles and waves, and tosses sparkles in the air over Kleines head with prestidigitation.

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

While the others are distracting the gillman, Iovo moves up to the edge of the water and tries to see what he was staring at so intently.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix will also move, trying to look non-threatening despite the scale mail, near Damiar, and wave, and say (hoping the man can hear, or can read lips if he can't hear), "We are explorers, here for knowledge. We seek to understand this place, and perhaps its meaning to your people."

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Grehunde's Gorget || Extinction Curse || Forbidden Tides

The gillman turns to face you, and looks at each of you in turn as you speak.

"Hello. I am Uori. What is it you wish to know?"

Iovo, you have a better look at the tiny city in the water, and you notice that one building looks like a miniature version of the Starstone Cathedral.

Perception, DC 15:
Uori wears a dark blue cloak with silver embroidery, just like the one you found.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Looks like the rest of them are busy talking. I might as well get a better look at that city. There is only one city I can think of that has a tower like that one, Absalom!

While Verrix and the others are talking to Uori, Iovo slips off her boots and rolls up her pants legs. She then gets out her flint and steel along with a candle. Lighting the candle, she puts away the flint and steel.

Walking barefoot into the pond, she holds the candle up to better light the miniature city as she investigates it more closely.

Will take 10 for 16, then if nothing interrupts her take 20 for 26 investigating it.

101 to 150 of 3,087 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.