The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Disappeared


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,216 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Token Survival: 10 + 5 + 2 = 17

Rees frowns at the tracks for a long moment, finally nodding as he realizes Iovo has asked him a question. "It may be nothing to worry about, but the soft edges around the drag marks... well, you'd get that if you were dragging around something... like clothing. It's also very concerning that a member of the community would go off by herself, away from her comrades. Even more so during a time of gladness and community like a wedding — whoever this is should be celebrating and... and not out here alone. Anti-social behavior is anathema to a successful community!"

The last bit definitely sounds recited.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Yeah, normally Ah'd think mebbe she just wanted a few minutes t' breathe an' relax, 'specially after that hubbub with Damian's announcement an' all," Shieara agrees. "But bein' out here alone an', uh, draggin' stuff around? That's weird, unless mebbe you're out here for a picnic down by th' sea...an' Ah'm pretty sure that ain't th' case here."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Excellent brainwashed-community-member post there, Rees!

Rees and Iovo carefully analyze the tracks, while Coco flies overhead and takes a look around. Returning to land on Phin’s shoulder, the raven gives a simple report, ”Caaaw! Caw! Amazing CoCo saw person in dress with shinies on beach! Niiiice shinies! And more people – person, person, person, person! No shinies, no dresses! Only big axes! And a boat!”

Phin knows that Coco can count, but struggles with numbers as a means representing how many things have been counted, and that the repeated ‘person’ in the report means there are four people on the beach in addition to the person in the dress with the shinies.

I don’t mean to make CoCo sound unintelligent, but I thought I’d make her speech a bit different than just talking to a person, since birds are kind of aliens.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Frowning, Iovo asks “Kidnapping? If so, we better hurry to break those peace bonds and go rescue someone.” It is clear she isn’t sure what is happening nor what the proper response is other than action is required.

As she is saying this, she starts moving towards the beach and pulls out a potion vial.

GM:
Potion of Invisibility

@GM: So it does bring up the question of what it takes to break the peace bond, would we be able to reinstate them, and do we have to do it differently if we ever want to have a chance of it not being obvious we broke them.
Also, are wands peace bonded? Iovo wants her Mage Armor before rushing into danger.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Per your question (and the rules spoilered below), I’d say you could restore the peace-bond on your weapons, or fake it, with a Sleight of Hand check. I’d be open to other ideas as well And wands of non-offensive spells don't need to be peace-bonded.

Peace-bond rules:

Weapons: All attendees at the party save the Blakros mercenaries are required to peace-bond their weapons. Drawing a peace-bonded weapon is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. Characters who don’t wish to peace-bond their weapons may attempt to hide the weapons on their bodies or fake the peace-bonding of their weapons; refer to the Sleight of Hand rules on page 104 of the Core Rulebook. One-handed and two-handed weapons are larger and harder to falsely peace-bond, imparting a –2 and –4 penalty on Sleight of Hand checks, respectively. Additionally, spells such as disguise self can create an illusion of a peace-bonded weapon, but all characters interacting with someone under such a spell receive a saving throw to notice the subterfuge. If a character is caught with a weapon that isn’t peace-bonded, Blakros mercenaries confiscate the weapon and return it only when the offending PC is preparing to depart the island. Any characters who refuse to turn over contraband weapons are asked to leave the reception area and return to their temporary lodging on the island.

Magic Items: Wands can be carried openly as long as they do not contain offensive spells. A PC carrying one must spend one charge of the wand to display the function to the guards. Scrolls, extracts, and potions are indecipherable to the guards and can be carried without penalty.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo uses her wand of Mage Armor to provide herself some protection. Armor, that was also restricted wasn’t it!

Anyone else want some magical armor?” she asks the group.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa uses her own mage armor wand. "Good thought, Iovo."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Yeah, Ah reckon that'd be a good idea iffin' things're are 'bout t' get ugly," Shieara nods to Iovo, scowling down towards the beach below. She moves to draw out her longspear, struggling with the peace-bond that's been placed on it.

"Here's hopin' th' powers that be'll be willin' t' overlook me breakin' this. Ah just ain't as good with my fists as Ah am with a weapon in my hand an' this ain't a time t' be playin' slap-fight with anybody!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo gets her rapier ready, casts message, and says “If there is an opportunity for talking, one of you take it. I am going to try sneaking. I will keep you informed.

Iovo is going to move out, moving more than half speed until within about 120’ then slowing down to half speed.
Take 10 for 17, use the potion when she gets within about 60’ or she runs out of cover.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

New map linked by my avatar. The party is positioned where the path comes down from the cliff, but Iovo could stay in cover in the vegetation and get closer to Michellia and the big toughs.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Moved. With the tree cover, think I can get there without notice before quaffing my potion.

Over her spell, you hear Iovo whisper “Ready!

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees prepares his bow, internally lamenting his mistake in thinking this would be a peaceful mission.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines leaves his peace-bonded glaive on his back, flexing his fingers before balling his fists. "Ready."

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar looks at her pretty party dress, which didn't have an option for hiding the mithril armor. "I'll take a charge too." Damiar does take a moment to remove the peacebond on her bow, but leaves it on her back. She approaches with both palms out, indicating peaceful intent.

"Michellia, I see you've found some nice strong protectors for your sailing trip. Hello, I'm Damiar!" Damiar waves with a smile to the four brutes with axes on the beach. "So, I would prefer that you don't come at me with axes, and I'm not even planning to interfere with your little cruise... So long as this is what Michellia wants, and so long as Michellia gives me something to say to her new husband about what is happening here. Michellia, is this what you want? If so, can you please tell me why?"

Damiar sighs. "You have two people who love you back there. Bedard, who is head over heels, and would have escaped with you in a hot minute if you asked. And Damien, who even though this is political, really likes you and wants you to be happy. If you are leaving, I have to tell them both something. Can we talk?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

In addition to trying to get closer, Damiar is trying to cover for her sister Iovo's approach. That's right. Look at me, the pretty little elf in Sylvan Dior clothing. Don't listen for the other elf who is approaching you all invisibly.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo grins as she uses her wand on her sister. “There you go, sis!

——

Hearing her sister come forward, Iovo quaffs her potion and slowly starts advancing towards the boat.

Take 10 until combat begins for Stealth of 17 + Invisibility should give an effective 37. If someone has See Invisibility up, it will be obvious as soon as she comes out of concealment. Moving half speed. I have not moved my avatar yet since that depends on how much time she has, but I will put down some arrows to show the path.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Shieara hesitates as Damiar steps forward to address Michellia and the men with her; she'd done more bad than good with her words since they'd embarked on this errand and now, more than ever, it seemed vitally important that they not make a misstep.

But she also can't let either of the elven sisters go it alone, either.

She takes a single step out, away from the rest of the group, taking care not to go any further as she's keenly aware of the weapon in her own hands.

"She's right, ma'am. We're not here t' take sides, so to speak, but we can't just stand by an' let you go or let these fellas take you away without findin' out why. So please...give us a lil insight, will ya?"

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


4 people marked this as a favorite.
DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

”Oh, thank the stars that you’re here!” Michellia responds to Damiar. ”You won’t believe this, but my misguided sister, who is supposed to be off in Garund, attacked me when I got to our old summer home! I had gone there to, uh, clear my head, and um, think on the new direction of my life. Only the timely intervention of these most coincidentally arrived Ulfen warriors saved me. Naturally, I want them to save my wedding by having this fellow Olaf, who I have totally just met, take Eleanir – who is unconscious in the boat - off the island, so that no further disruptions occur.”

Though Kleines seems to think it’s a pretty convincing tale, every other Pathfinder on the beach senses something is amiss with this situation, and that Michellia is not being truthful.

DM Screen:
B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Damiar: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Iovo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Phin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Rees: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Shieara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Iovo – I’m going to give you a -4 circumstance penalty because you are walking across beach sand, where your footprints would show up as you move, but none of the people you’re hiding from can make a 33 Perception check either. Just thought I’d let you know. I also moved you partway along the path you drew, to reflect the time in conversation.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Eleanir? Damiar blinks. Ah yes. The twin sister. The identical twin sister. Suddenly it all clicks into space.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Why yes! Having a twin can put one in such an interesting position. They're always misbehaving on you." Damiar beams, acting like she is utterly taken in with this amazing speech. She approaches closer. "And how clever of you to recruit these handsome Ulfens on such minimal acquaintance. We'll have to share techniques sometime."

She comes even closer. "So Michellia... If you'd like, we could take Eleanir off your hands so that you could go back to your wedding celebration and those delicious men of yours. Do you know which one that Eleanir was trying to steal from you?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
My Sense Motive is the same as my Perform Sing, via Versatile Performance.

So which one of Michellia's men does Eleanir want?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Coincidentally arriving? Just met the person but totally trusts them? She really needs to work on her pitch! Now which is the real Michellia? After all, no twin has ever swapped places with their sibling!

Although no one can see it, Iovo only gives the slightest of smirks at the thought of how many times she had been caught trying that stunt. It does work, just not as often as one expects.

Iovo decides she needs to get to where she can see inside the ship. She is somewhat embarrassed to realize she is leaving footprints in the sand. Oops! Footprints! Too late to worry about that now! She does remember that invisible creatures leave a hole in the water, so she decides the only way to see into the ship is to sneak right between the two warriors at the boat.

I really hope they continue to be distracted by the rest of the group! Keep them talking Sis!

Is ‘Michellia’ wearing the same gowns as she was at the ceremony?
Continue to take 10 on stealth as long as allowed.
Go ahead and bot any perception checks I get and just give the results. +9

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Horror of horrors, Shieara feels the corners of her mouth twitch as she listens to what Michellia has to say and she has to bite the inside of her lip to keep from laughing outright.

Lady, that's the biggest pile of b#*@*~%! I've ever heard!

"Wow! Pretty lucky everyone's come along right when they did, huh? But, uh, ain't y'all kinda big on like, rules an' followin' th' law an' justice an' stuff? An' I reckon yer family'd wanna know that yer sis is back, mebbe see if they can straighten her out an' all. But it still don't have t' go beyond us an' them; we can, uh, keep it private-like an' not cause a big scene with th' guests..."

Even though Shie wouldn't peg herself as the brightest star in the sky she's got a pretty good idea that continuing to follow Damiar's lead - as best as she can, anyway - is probably a good idea right now.

May not be great at making points sometimes but at least I can flap my jaws like a champ if I have to.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Since the order of events may become relevant soon, I’m going to put us into initiative. I moved Damiar back a couple of squares to reflect a single move action while she’s talking. If Kleines, Rees or Phin would like to move forward one move action before initiative really starts, please move your tokens accordingly.

”What? Steal a man? I’m sure that’s not what Eleanir was trying to do,” the woman answers. In reply to Shieara’s questions, she says, ”This island is Blakros land, it seems only fitting that a Blakros applies the law. The best solution is to get Mich…, er, Eleanir, off the island before she causes more trouble.”

DM Screen:
SM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Initiative:

Damiar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Iovo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Shieara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Raiders: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Olaf: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Round 1 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara

Olaf
Kleines
Raiders
Damiar

Bold are up!

Iovo – yes, Michellia is wearing the same gown as at the ceremony. It does seem a bit rumpled, however, and her hair is less formally styled than during the wedding. Also, since we’re in initiative, this seems like as good a time as any to say you can no longer take 10 on Stealth checks.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Stealth, move half speed, sandy footprints, invisibility: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 + 20 = 24
Double move, regret having used my reroll...

Keep your attention on the people talking! Pay no attention to me!

Iovo continues to sneak closer to the boat. It would work a lot better if she wouldn’t kick sand on one of the Ulfen’s boots!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa crept up along the edge of the forest as Damiar spoke. Phinellippa doesn't know where Iovo is, right?

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Moved Rees forward a bit for the pre-initiative move.

Rees frowns, his bow held loosely in one hand. "I think you had better return with us to the elders. No one needs to be hurt."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Yeahhhhh...Ah guess that's true," Shieara nods, casually taking another step forward as she does. "An' you're right, it sure does sound like little Eleanir's been a big troublemakin' brat. But y'can't sweep troublemakers under th' rug an' hope they'll go away. Try that an' they'll just keep comin' back like an old stray cat. Y'gotta nip that sorta thing in th' bud right away."

Shie smiles but it's not a mirthful smile.

"An' that's why I think little miss Eleanir needs t' come along with us an' not make any more trouble."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Besides" Kleines says, still not understanding what's going on. "Shouldn't she be attending her sister's wedding?"

Moved Kleines forward one move action (30 feet while he's wearing this chain shirt and fancy clothes, instead of his normal breastplate).


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

I think I confused everyone by saying ‘before initiative really starts’ – what I meant was you could take that move action, and then take your regular turn in initiative. It looks like Iovo took her turn, the others did not.

DM Screen:

Olaf: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
E: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

No one seems to notice the sandy footprints appearing on the beach as Iovo gets closer to the boat.

Round 1 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara

Olaf
Kleines
Raiders
Damiar

Phin – Iovo could tell you where she is with her message spell, but would take an additional Stealth penalty for making noise. So you probably don’t know where she is.

Bold are up!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Message already defines a perception for others nearby to hear the message, DC 25.
Earlier she could have risked if, right now not so much!

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Without knowing where Iovo is, Phinellippa is reluctant to cast an area of effect spell. She moves up next to Kleines and you see colorful ribbons start to poke out from her sleeves.

Readying to cast hypnotic pattern if she knows she can do so without getting Iovo


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Phin - what's the trigger for your readied action? Learning that Iovo is in a location where the spell won't affect her?

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees takes another few steps forward and once again attempts to reason with the beach party in his winning way. "Don't worry, the elders are kind and wise. I'm sure they will allow you to return to your new husband and to the community in time, when your isolationist tendencies have been cured." Ready to demoralize the first person to come into range!

Intimidate:
Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Yup! It's a little vague, I know, but I'm not sure how to phrase it more specifically.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

No worries, Phin, just wanted to be sure I understood your intent.

Rees and Phin each prepare to confront the situation in their various ways, one with dazzling color, the other with vaguely menacing words!

Round 1 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara
Olaf
Kleines
Raiders
Damiar

Shieara is up!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

I hadn't intended to do anything else besides talk this round but I guess I'll go ahead and do something else.

Ah hell with it, this is probably going to turn ugly no matter what...

To add a little extra weight to her words, Shieara then calls on Cayden's divine favor to bolster herself for the inevitable.
______________

Shie will cast Divine Favor.


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

As the Pathfinders approach, the largest of the Ulfens decides something is amiss. His face contorts into a fearsome mask of rage and he strides forward, howling ferociously as he raises his axe and points it menacingly at Kleines!

The Ulfen gets just close enough for Rees’ air of peculiar menace to affect him! Phin, however, still can’t tell where Iovo is, so she holds off on casting her spell.

Kleines – I’d ask you to make a Will save vs cause fear, but I know you’re immune. Olaf, however, does not know that, so… You can just describe shaking off/ignoring/laughing at the fear effect instead.

Round 1 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara
Olaf (shaken, 3 rds)
Kleines
Raiders
Damiar

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"What....? What even is that you're doing with your face?"

Whatever it is, the ax doesn't lie. Kleines strides forward to the angry man and lets loose a short, sharp punch at the man's jaw. Now regretting my decision not to break the peace bond on my glaive.

Punch!, power attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14
Damage (nonlethal), power attack: 1d3 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Kleines’ fist doesn’t quite connect with the Ulfen’s square jaw! The other Ulfen warriors hustle across the sand, axes raised high, and attack those who would dare harm their leader!

Red, Handaxe vs Kleines: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Green, Handaxe vs Rees: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Blue, Handaxe vs Phin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Round 1/2 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara

Olaf (shaken, 3 rds)
Kleines
Raiders
Damiar

Damiar is up to finish the round, then everyone else in bold!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo climbs into the boat and surveys the situation. With all that is happening, she risks whispering to her friends over her spell “I’m in the boat.
Will likely share more information once I know it...

Took 15’ movement plus climbing into boat to get there. Do I have an action left? Where is the other sister?

Stealth, sandy footprints, invisibility: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 + 20 = 41 Would take a -5 for moving more than half if it would give me a standard action


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Iovo climbs unnoticed into the boat and sees a blanket completely covering something about the size and shape of a Blakros sister, lying amidships.

I'll say you have a standard or move action left, enough time to check under the blanket or do something else.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Quickly glancing behind to make sure that Eleanor is not looking her way, Iovo lifts the blanket enough to see what is under it.
Slight of Hand to peek under the blanket without notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar opens up with a song.

♫ I'm starting with the twin in the mirror
I'm asking her to change her ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
(If you want to make the world a better place)
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change
(Take a look at yourself, and then make a change)
(Na na na, na na na, na na, na nah) ♫

Inspire Courage, +1 to attack and damage

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa doubles over with the axe blow, then takes a step back and suddenly, a cone of colors come pouring out of her hands!

Color spray, DC 17 Will save for blue and green

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees takes a step backward and raises his bow, aiming down his knuckle at the man in front of him. "That was not wise. Now I am going to have to act in self-defense, and the elders will know... I don't see a peaceful way out of this."

So saying, he releases the string, and the arrow flies free... until it is stopped short by the fleshy part of the man's left cheek. Firing at green.

Pew (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

Damiar breaks into song while her twin sneaks a peek under the blanket – which reveals the unconscious form of a Blakros sister. Rees rather dramatically shoots one of the Ulfen raiders in the face, then Phin's spell knocks him and his friend completely out of their senses!

Will, Blue, DC 17: 1d20 ⇒ 8 Fails
Green, Blue, DC 17: 1d20 ⇒ 11 Fails
Spell duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Round 2 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara
Olaf (shaken, 2 rds)
Kleines
Raiders (Green: -6 hp, unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds; Blue: unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds)
Damiar

Shieara is up!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Hah! Serves ya right," Shieara smirks as Phin's spell knocks her attacker and his friend flat. With two of the men out of commission for the moment she swiftly darts across the sands to help Kleines, stepping up behind him and jabbing her longspear at the guy making the weird faces.

Attack vs. Olaf (Divine Favor, IC): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

As Shieara’s spear pierces his shoulder, the Ulfen leader cries out in fury, ”I am Olaf Kvaran, and I see more clearly than other men! I have seen what fate awaits the world if Michellia does not stand by my side! You shall not destroy the world!” He takes a short step to Kleines’ side and swings his mighty axe!

Greataxe vs Kleines, Bonus, Shaken: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Round 2 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara
Olaf (-7 hp, shaken 1 rd)
Kleines
Raiders (Green: -6 hp, unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds; Blue: unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds)
Damiar

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines, grunts as the axe cuts deep, but he does not waver. Stepping out from between the two, he briefly holds his hand to his chest, channeling Irori's perfection toward healing his wounds. He then lashes out with another punch, swinging wildly as he tries to knock out his ulfen foe.

Lay on hands (self): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Punch!, Power Attack, IC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 17
Damage (nonlethal), Power Attack, IC: 1d3 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 12


DM | Map Stuff | Burden of Envy

This time Kleines connects with Olaf’s jaw, dealing him a very solid hit! The other raider moves cautiously into position opposite his chief and slashes at Kleines with his axe!

Moving wide so he doesn’t provoke from Kleines.

Handaxe vs Kleines: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round 2/3 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara

Olaf (-7 hp, -12 NL, shaken 1 rd)
Kleines
Raiders (Green: -6 hp, unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds; Blue: unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds)
Damiar

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa moves and sends a brightly colored ray of light at the yellow one.

blinding ray, touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Boo!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 34/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: elixir of hiding, servant garb

Iovo draws out her cure stick and tries to use it on the unconscious sister under the blanket. Realizing the noise is likely to attract attention, she tries to silently move over after using the wand.
Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Close, but failed
Stealth, invisible: 1d20 + 7 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 20 = 38

Disappointed that the stick doesn’t want to work, she whispers over her spell “Remind me to carry cure potions in the future!

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,216 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.