The Moar Core Tour (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.

At least, that was the original plan. We made it to 5th level with a few characters leaving and others joining. At that point life had gotten in the way for several of the players and interest in Core was waning. The group had one last run and then we closed it down.


3,251 to 3,300 of 3,697 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Rees's arrows fly wide as he tries to avoid his allies in these cramped quarters; perhaps the blood pouring from his wound distracted him (don't forget your 2 points of bleed). The blue devil steps away from Ironshanks, hoping to get some room to swing its glaive. It's annoyed, therefore, when the dwarf follows right along side. In a fit of pique, the fiend throws down its weapon and lays into Ironshanks with its razor-sharp claws instead!

Blue vs. Ironshanks:

Claw 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Claw 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Neither strike is able to penetrate the dwarf's stalwart defenses, however, only adding to the devil's frustration! The other devil, meanwhile, suddenly has room to swing. Seeing the dwarf as the most obviously dangerous combatant, it swings its jagged glaive at Ironshanks, this time exhibiting a little more control.

Red vs. Ironshanks:

Glaive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Glaive (2nd attack): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

This one, too, is unable to scratch the dwarf, however, and howls in rage.

-----

Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 13 damage, 2 bleed
  • Devil Blue/2 6 damage, 1 STR damage, dropped glaive
  • Devil Red/1 15 damage
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks
  • Damiar

    Whole party is up.

  • Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Ironshanks looks between his two options but decides to keep the blue devil pinned down against the wall, without his glaive "Ain't never fought a real live Dwarf bafore eh? Yer gonna dull them claws pretty quick." At least its dumb enough to keep attackin' me, not the little ones.

    He hacks away with his waraxe, really wishing he was fast enough for a second swing. Dang that 6 BAB can't come fast enough!

    1H +1 Adamantine Waraxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 = 22
    Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 = 18

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Iovo frowns in disappointment when Ironshanks doesn’t step into a flanking position with her. Looking around, she realizes it isn’t likely anyone else can provide one for her either.

    Really wish you hadn’t been right about the trap, Ironshanks!

    Chill Touch, IC vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
    Negative energy, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    "Yer gonna be sayin' that A LOT Iovo, so get used to it." You can't see it, but you know he's grinning under that helm.

    Ya sorry, I'd like the flank but I'm more concerned with him being loose around the room.

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    I certainly hope not!” Iovo replies with indignation. Sure, miss one trap and now he thinks I am incompetent!

    I understand why you did it, it just makes it tougher for me to hit. On the good side, the devil is less likely to consider me a real threat this way.

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

    Seeing how tough these devils are, Garif begins casting a spell, holding his hands as if he's forming a snowball - but something strange, something green and moist and squirmy, begins to form in his hands!

    Begin casting summon nature's ally 2. I'll summon a giant frog (planning to place it to give Iovo a flank), which will have +4 to Str and Con from Augment Summoning. Hoping to grapple them devils!


    M Panther 4 | HP 22 | AC 18 (22 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 19 (23 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7

    Nico moves after the blue devil and attacks, but can't penetrate the thing's infernally tough skin!

    5-foot step, full attack.

    Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Ironshanks slices into the nearer devil, though its tough skin resists his axe somewhat. Neither Iovo nor the advancing Nico are able to damage the thing, however.

    Damiar, Phinellippa, and Rees may act.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa sees that the battle is going to stay in very close quarters, and she casts mirror image.

    how many?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 more Phinellippas join the room.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    From the cover of the doorway, Damiar continues to inspire courage. She casts grease on the Red Devil's glaive.

    DC 14 Reflex for it to hold onto its glaive.

    Then she pulls out her bow and a silver arrow.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Reflex vs. grease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

    The red devil suddenly loses grip on its glaive as Damiar's magic coats the weapon in thick grease!

    Rees is up.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    HP: 23/36, 2 bleed

    Rees frowns slightly as his arrows go wide at such short range, then glances down at the gaping wound in his chest. His expression takes on a distant, thoughtful aspect, and his eyes wander around the room distractedly.

    His gaze falls on Garif. The blob of green goo in the dwarf's hands seem to shock him back to reality, and the tall elf raises an eyebrow at the dwarf as if to say, Uh, Garif, what is that you're doing? That doesn't look like any sort of stone I've ever seen... but then, you're the expert. Glancing down at his chest wound once more, his eyebrow falls slightly and then rises again, as if expressing, Have you noticed I have a large opening in my chest? It seems to be bleeding quite a bit.

    Schooling his features, the emerald-eyed elf raises his bow and fires again, this time switching back to his original foe. There's something uncanny about that other fellow.

    Pewpew (PBS, rapid shot, inspire courage): 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 23
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

    Pewpew (PBS, rapid shot, inspire courage): 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Rees fires again at the red devil, burying one of his arrows into the fiend's leg!

    The cornered devil continues trying to fight off the dwarf, slashing with its wicked claws!

    Claw 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    Claw 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    This time, one of its claws find purchase in a weak point of the dwarf's armor, leaving a nasty gash.

    The other devil, tired of being shot from afar, abandons its greasy glaive and strides along the wall to menace the two archers and flank Ironshanks, slashing at the dwarf with a claw when it arrives! Provokes from Damiar if you have some way to make an AoO.

    Claw vs. Ironshanks, flanking: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    The two-fronted assault is effective, once again penetrating the dwarf's defenses and leaving another slash across his back!

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 15 damage, 2 bleed
  • Devil Blue/2 20 damage, 1 STR damage, dropped glaive
  • Devil Red/1 15 damage, dropped glaive
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks 17 damage
  • Damiar

    Whole party is up.

  • Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    Continuing to inspire courage, Damiar deliberately triggers an attack of opportunity in order to allow both Phin and Rees a chance to reposition freely. She moves back and shoots Red in the back with her silver tipped arrow.

    "Rees, Phin! Use this chance to move!" Then she considers. "I have a silver light mace at my belt if anyone wants to use it to make these devils very unhappy!"

    Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 19
    Silver Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 4

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Twice the devils draw Dwarven blood, and twice Ironshanks curses them in his native tongue.

    Dwarven:
    "Rotten bearded, lazy, good fer nothin' ditch diggers the lot of ye!"

    Seeing himself surrounded, and injured, the old Dwarf steps back into the corner and helps himself to the flanking of Iovo. "Guess that didn't last long!" He hacks away with his axe at red once more.

    1H +1 Adamantine Waraxe, Power Attack, Inspire, Flank: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 24
    Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 13


    M Panther 4 | HP 22 | AC 18 (22 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 19 (23 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7

    Nico continues to bite and claw at the devil, to very little effect!

    Full attack on blue.

    Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

    Garif chuckles at Ironshanks' rather inventive imprecation, as he continues to form the strange shape in his hands. Raising a weathered, grey brow and opening his hands slightly to reveal more of the wriggling, green thing within, he gives Rees a look full of meaning, Why of course it's not a stone, silly elf! I suppose it could resemble a large chunk of malachite, though it hardly seems to have monoclinic crystals...

    Shaking his head to regain his focus, Garif notes that the spot he planned to toss the green form in his hands is now occupied by a rather broad dwarf. Shifting his weight a bit, he throws the slimy green ball through the open door in front of him. As it flies, it grows and takes on a more defined shape, with tightly bent arms and legs and a wide, wide mouth!

    When it lands, the giant frog immediately attacks the devil before it, extending its long, sticky tongue!

    Finish summon monster. Frog attacks red. If the frog can benefit from Inspire Courage, add +1 to the rolls below.

    Tongue, Flank, vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
    Grab, Flank, vs CMD: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13

    Garif then wipes his frog-slimed hands on his hide armor, before drawing out a wand and his sling.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Iovo just smiles as Ironshanks steps into flank. Unfortunately she is too quick to act and completely misses her opportunity!
    Chill Touch vs Touch AC, IC, Flank: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 6 Bad dice!
    Negative Energy, IC, Sneak: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (6) = 12

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa takes a step back, draws her wand of magic missile, and tries to send a bolt at the red bearded devil.

    SR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Claw (AoO vs. Damiar): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    As expected, the devil slashes at Damiar as she steps back, connecting with its wicked claws. She returns fire, though, her silver arrow easily piercing the creature's hide.

    Ironshanks reconsiders his positioning, stepping into a flank and attacking the devil between himself and Iovo (assuming you meant blue, since you included the flank). Once again, his axe connects, though the fiend's hide continues to resist his blade.

    Nico continues his vicious assault, but his one well-aimed paw doesn't seem to so much as scratch the surface. Garif, meanwhile, finishes summoning some amphibious reinforcement before drawing his armaments. The frog's tongue slaps onto the devil's back, but is unable to gain enough purchase to hold the creature in place (that touches, but does not grab).

    Iovo tries again, her hand glowing with magical energy, but is once again unsuccessful.

    Phinellippa draws a wand and fires a bolt of magical force at the nearer fiend, but her magic seems to dissipate just as it reaches its target (not enough to beat the SR, I'm afraid).

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 15 damage, 2 bleed
  • Devil Blue/2 28 damage, 1 STR damage, dropped glaive
  • Devil Red/1 19 damage, dropped glaive
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks
  • Damiar 5 damage.

    Rees may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Yes sorry, the one I was flanking. Posting after dinner brain fatigue.

    Ironshanks looks around and winces a bit as the team seems to lack overwhelming martial prowess At least one of the Elven women connected. That cat needs sharper claws... a frog? First time I've seen a Dwarf bring a frog to a bar fight...

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees watches, enthralled, as Garif shapes the goo-ball, and when it transforms into a giant frog, his eyes widen significantly, as if to say, Wow, that's quite a trick! No wonder people believe in things like magic — it's almost enough to fool me! Pausing momentarily in his dwarf-rumination, Rees fires two arrows in quick succession into the foe before him as he notices an opening, but he seems hardly to notice the result as his thoughts return to Garif's exhibition.

    He frowns, squinting at the frog-like creature across the room, then tilts his head at Garif ever so slightly, almost as if he's thinking, It is an illusion, isn't it? It doesn't seem to be hurting them... are you sure this is a good idea? They don't seem afraid of it.

    Pewpew (PBS, rapid shot, inspire): 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 25
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

    Pewpew (PBS, rapid shot, inspire): 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 24
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Rees fires twice, both arrows impacting with the devil but only one of them leaving the barest scratch on the fiend's tough hide.

    The blue devil continues assaulting Ironshanks, then steps out of the flanking mess its found itself in.

    Claw 1 vs. Ironshanks: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    Claw 2 vs. Ironshanks: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
    Crit damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    The red devil, meanwhile, turns its attention to the archer that just damaged it, rather than the ineffective animals.

    Claw 1 vs. Rees: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Claw 2 vs. Rees: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    Its vicious claws tear into the elf, leaving him stunned and nearly unconscious! By my math, coupled with the bleed you took on your turn, you've now taken 36 damage which would leave you staggered.

    ---------

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 36 damage, 2 bleed
  • Devil Blue/2 28 damage, 1 STR damage, dropped glaive
  • Devil Red/1 20 damage, dropped glaive
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks 28 damage
  • Damiar 5 damage.

    Whole party is up.

  • Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    "So which one of ya slings around the healerin' magics? That fella there looks mighty peckid!" He 'beard points' to the quiet Elven fella with the bow. Then he steps down and continues his assault on blue.

    These buggers are tougher than boiled billy goat!

    1H +1 Adamantine Waraxe, Power Attack, Inspire: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 24
    Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 19

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Pretty sure we shouldn’t answer that with the enemy listening in, Ironshanks.

    Waiting to see if Ironshanks’ last hit might have dropped Blue before acting.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    What, I open a way for him to escape, and he just sits there and shoots?

    All of Damiar's worry and concern spikes out in fury. "Rees, you crazy stubborn elf! If you don't die from this, I very well may kill you myself!"

    Also waiting to see if Blue goes down.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    @Rees, I hope you don't mind getting yelled at when you are about to fall unconscious... Then again, this may be all the proof that your paranoid brain needs that we are all out to get you. :)

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

    Garif drops his sling to the floor and pulls out a different wand, then steps bravely through the door and taps Rees with it!

    Free action to drop sling, move action to draw wand of CLW, 5-foot step, use CLW wand on Rees (which does not provoke, happily).

    CL check for CLW wand to work: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 I think that does it!
    CLW on Rees: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Yay, max heals!

    Meanwhile, the giant frog again attempts to stick the red devil with its tongue!

    Tongue, Flank, vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
    Grab, Flank, vs CMD: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24

    Would be awfully nice if that devil is grappled, even if it means it attacks the poor, poor froggy.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Panther 4 | HP 22 | AC 18 (22 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 19 (23 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7

    To Garif's astonishment, Nico continues to follow directions and fiercely attacks the blue devil!

    5-foot step, full attack on blue.

    Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

    Wow, that might actually have contributed!

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Ironshanks and Nico together lay into the blue devil. Though they badly wound the fiend, it stubbornly refuses to fall! Garif, meanwhile, expertly wields a wand to revive the swaying Rees while his summoned frog wraps its tongue around the red devil!

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 27 damage
  • Devil Blue/2 49 damage, 1 STR damage, dropped glaive
  • Devil Red/1 20 damage, dropped glaive, grappled
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks 28 damage
  • Damiar 5 damage.

    Damiar, Phinellippa, Iovo, and Rees may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa moves for a clear view of the Blue one.

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    SR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Phinellippa expertly wields her own wand, a bolt of force slamming into the badly-wounded devil. Amazingly, though, the fiend remains standing!

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 27 damage
  • Devil Blue/2 54 damage, 1 STR damage, dropped glaive
  • Devil Red/1 20 damage, dropped glaive, grappled
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks 28 damage
  • Damiar 5 damage.

    Damiar, Iovo, and Rees may act.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    "Go back to hell already!" Iovo exclaims in frustration. She jumps up on the bed and uses that to vault herself into flanking position on blue.
    Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
    Probably take an AoO there.
    I am assuming I couldn't just take a 5' step up on to the bed. If I can, I do that instead and flank with Nico. Would also probably give higher ground.

    Then she uses the last remnants of her spell to strike at blue.
    Chill Touch vs Touch AC, IC, Flank: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 24
    Negative damage, IC, Sneak: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3) = 6

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Claw (AoO) vs Iovo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    The wounded devil snarls and slashes at Iovo as she hops up on the bed, but the shifty elf is too quick. Taking advantage of the opening, she touches the fiend, delivering the magical energy held on her hand. The devil screams, then dissolves into smoke which is sucked back into the carving on the wall! Blue is down!

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 27 damage
  • Devil Blue/2
  • Devil Red/1 20 damage, dropped glaive, grappled
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks 28 damage
  • Damiar 5 damage.

    Damiar and Rees may act.

  • Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    It's getting deeply crowded in here. With Garif blocking the door, Damiar sighs, deliberately triggers another attack of opportunity from the Red Beaded Devil, and says, "Rees, why don't you retreat for a moment?"

    If Blue does not go down to Iovo's chilling attack, Damiar shoots a silver arrow up its nostril.

    If Blue does go down, consider an attack on Red.

    Magic +1 Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 25
    Silver Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 5

    Also... I have been fighting this ENTIRE combat with a brand new magical bow, but failed to update my botting spoiler so haven't been taking advantage of this.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 4 [ HP 36/36 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 | CMD 18 | Init +5 | Perc +10*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Yep, your math tracks with mine.

    HP: 9/36

    Rees staggers back against the wall as the fiend claws at his already-gaping chest. With a quick shake of his head to clear it, he pauses, trying to figure out what Damiar is yelling about. Members of the community would never yell at each other like that. A moment later he shrugs, giving up on understanding her just as Garif's healing closes the worst of his wound. His mind clearing a little with the healing, the elf fires a parting shot into the devil's face and then edges around the foe and into the other room.

    As he passes Garif, he nods solemnly, his somber expression fairly broadcasting, That was well-done, dwarf comrade. If I weren't a member of the Community, and had a concept of 'debt' like these Others, I think I would bear a 'debt' to you. As it is, I thank you.

    Pew (PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 23
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Red Claw (AoO vs. Damiar): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    Damiar draws the attention of the remaining devil to create an opening for the badly-wounded Rees to escape, and pays a price for her bravery. Her silver-tipped arrow, though easily punctures the fiend, bypassing its resistance. Rees's parting shot is much less effective, but does leave a small scratch on the devil's hide.

    Its attention now fully centered on Damiar and her burning, painful arrows, the devil follows the elf to towards the back of the room, continuing its assault!

    Claw 1 vs. Damiar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    Claw 2 vs. Damiar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
    Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Iovo
  • Rees 27 damage
  • Devil Blue/2
  • Devil Red/1 26 damage, dropped glaive, grappled
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Ironshanks 28 damage
  • Damiar 16 damage.

    Whole party is up.

  • Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Not one for any extra chit chatter when having the upper hand, Ironshanks flips up his visor and scans the room, generating a plan of attack on the last devil. With a clang he flips it back down and heads up and around Garif's fancy cat and flanks with Iovo, bringing his axe down with a powerful chop.

    1H +1 Adamantine Waraxe, Power Attack, Inspire, Flank: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 22
    Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 22

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    So I believe my sister said silver worked against you devils...” Iovo comments as she stabs with her mithral spiked gauntlet.

    Attack w/Mithral Spiked Gauntlet, inspire courage, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 22
    Mithral Spiked Gauntlet damage, inspire courage, sneak: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    Damiar shoots once, accepting another attack of opportunity. It was better to do this than mess up the careful positioning that Iovo and Ironshanks had.

    "My sis asked you to go back to Hell. You're not welcome here!"

    Magic +1 Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
    Silver Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 9

    I have to figure out how Rees can shoot so fast.

    EDIT: Fixing my post because I used a Starfinder mechanics assumption in PF1.

    Also, for what it is worth, Damiar has a spiked gauntlet and so can threaten.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa hopes she can get another missile out of her wand.

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    SR check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 4 | HP 32 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 15 (19 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +12

    Seeing how helpful the frog is being, Garif does his best to help it. He mutters a few words in the tongue of the druids, then gives the frog's slick flank and poke with his finger. The frog follows its instinct and tries to swallow the devil, but the infernal creature is too big!

    Cast guidance on frog. Frog's instinct would be to use its Swallow Whole ability, but the devil is too big, so a successful grapple attempt would pin the devil instead, I'd think.

    Frog: Grab to Pin, Guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29


    M Panther 4 | HP 22 | AC 18 (22 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 19 (23 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +5 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +4 | Perc +7

    With the first devil down, Nico turns his attention to the remaining one, biting and scratching for all he's worth!

    Full attack.

    Bite, Inspired, Flank: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 24
    Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 27
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 19
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Pinned by the frog, the devil is helpless as you surround it and pummel it into nothing more than a puff of smoke, which is quickly pulled back into the carving! Out of combat. Sorry about forgetting the grapple there; Damiar can ignore that damage.

    Now that the dust has settled, you can see that the woodcarving was actually a cunningly-hidden door, easily pushed open now that you have turned the key. In contrast to the large and lavish rooms that make up the rest of this side of the embassy, the secret study beyond is cramped, utilitarian, and sparse. Almost all of the room is taken up by a long desk topped by a series of cubbies full of papers and curios. The desk itself is clear except for a piece of paper and a small, framed portrait of Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin with a lipstick kiss-mark on it. The walls of the room are irregular and look as if the room was shoehorned into wasted space between other rooms. Like the rest of the personal chambers, this room is windowless, and is pierced only by the secret door and an air vent in the southern corner.

    Added the paper from the desk (and the portrait of Valsin) to the slide deck.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    Iovo looks at the sheet of paper, then says “Zarta does like her puzzles and secrets.

    Then she turns to Garif. “That frog was great! Never would have expected something like that to be so useful against a devil.

    Then she starts searching through items in the secret room. “If there is something to be found, it is probably here.

    Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Iovo searches through the room, looking for anything that might help. Though the room seems to be carefully staged in its current setup, as Iovo leans over to look in the space between the desk and the wall, her eye catches something odd about the frame holding the picture of Ambrus Valsin: a note affixed to the back! Added to the slide with the picture.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 5 (CORE) | HP 37/37 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Endure Elements 50/50, Identify 47/50, Expeditious Retreat 48/50, Hide from Undead 50/50

    Damiar checks out the lipstick-covered portrait of Ambrus Valsin. "I wonder if the relationship was ever requited? They'd make a cute couple!"

    Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

    Damiar glances around to see if there's anything else hidden.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    A more thorough search reveals nothing else hidden about the room.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Core Fighter 5 HP 54/54 | AC25 , T 12, FF23 | CMB:+8 CMD:20 Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc +11 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Step Up Effects: Extended Heroism!

    Ironshanks spits on the floor as the last devil disappears in a puff of smoke, he glances over to see if their glaives went as well. "Well, not my favorite thing today, but any fight you can walk away from ain't bad." He sheathes his axe and stows his shield as the others start looking around.

    "So you guys are the magical smarty pants of the operation here, those devils put there by Zarta or by whoever made her go poof?" He squeezes inside the room for some awkward situations and some snooping around.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

    "Guess now it makes sense why Valsin was the one pushing this trip... let's take that poster back to him, just in case." He removes the portrait and rolls it up for safe keeping.

    Reading through the series of codes and innuendos you all here a series of grumbling sighs, each more dramatic than the last. "Another one of these infernal puzzles! Just send us another few guards and we'll send 'em packin' n be done with it!"

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 | HP 45/45 +6 temp | AC 18 Tch 14 FF 14 | F +5 R +9 W +5; +2 vs Enchantments | 18/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 17/50 CLW 27/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missile | Diviner’s Fortune 7/8 | Init +9 Perception +11 +5 eyes; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | PoP 1/1| Conditions: Arcane Bond used, Mage Armor, False Life

    I think the picture was meant to catch our attention, Ironshanks.” She shows him the note from the back. “Do you really think this describes him?

    3,251 to 3,300 of 3,697 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.