The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,087 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"Consciousness is NOT consent!" Damiar shoots Olaf. "End of the world or no, kidnapping unconscious women is a terrible way to start a relationship. Really, you need a sensitivity workshop!"

Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 24
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Uh...y'ever think that mebbe explainin' stuff first might work out better for ya than just showin' up an' kidnappin' people?" Shieara remarks, curious about Olaf's outburst but still not impressed with his methods. She quickly steps around behind Olaf and tries to put her longspear in his back while he's preoccupied with Kleines.

Attack vs. Olaf (Longspear; Divine Favor, Flank, IC): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

Damiar’s arrow pierces Olaf’s other shoulder, but Iovo and Phin have less success with their attempts to heal and harm. Adding injury to…well, injury, Shieara stabs Olaf again!

Round 3 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara
Olaf (-20 hp, -12 NL, shaken 1 rd)
Kleines
Raiders (Green: -6 hp, unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds; Blue: unconscious, blind, stunned, 7 rds)
Damiar

Rees is up!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo muses over her spell “I wonder if Olaf knows what it means to be the Age of Lost Omens? Aroden broke prophecy.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Was that via a message spell? If so...

"Oh, maybe I should point that out to him!"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Yes, it was via message spell.

Iovo pauses in consideration for a moment, then replies “He doesn’t seem in a listening mood, but telling him may give the sister cause to reconsider.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees sighs and fits another arrow to the string, this time aiming for the Big Bad Blockfaced Bandit.

Pew (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

Rees’ arrow, this time in the other cheek, causes Olaf to grunt briefly in pain. He takes a quick step toward Shiera, getting inside the arc of her longspear, then speaks a few words in Ulfen and lays a softly glowing hand on the wound in his side.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 3 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara
Olaf (-24 hp, -12 NL)
Kleines
Raiders (Green: -6 hp, unconscious, blind, stunned, 6 rds; Blue: unconscious, blind, stunned, 6 rds)
Damiar

Kleines, go!

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines follows the ulfen as he steps toward Shieara, healing himself as he steps in and punches once again. "Step back and stick him again!" No flank for Kleines, I think, since Shieara has a reach weapon, but he can offer one to her on her turn, assuming he doesn't get flanked to death himself in the meantime.

Lay on hands (self): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Punch!, Power Attack, IC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 12
Damage (nonlethal), Power Attack, IC: 1d3 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 14

Not quite the rolls I was hoping for there...


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

Kleines heals himself a tiny bit, then steps forward and swings a wild punch in Olaf’s general direction. As his companions bravely lie unconscious on the sand, the remaining raider joins the conga line, stepping up to Kleines and swinging his axe!

Handaxe vs Kleines, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 3/4 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara

Olaf (-24 hp, -12 NL)
Kleines
Raiders (Green: -6 hp, unconscious, blind, stunned, 5 rds; Blue: unconscious, blind, stunned, 5 rds)
Damiar

Everyone but Kleines is up!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo gives her cure stick another try, still with no success. The party can hear her mutter “Stupid cure stick, work already!
Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Dice roller, you are just mocking me now!

Still invisible, she adjusts positions again. She also tries to figure out if the sister is light enough for her to just carry.
Stealth, Invisible: 1d20 + 7 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 20 = 32

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:
Kleines Johann wrote:
"Step back and stick him again!"

"Waaaaay ahead of ya," Shieara nods as she casually takes a step backward from the leader and makes another jab with her longspear.

Attack vs. Olaf (Longspear; Divine Favor, Flank, IC): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees concentrates, adjusts his position, and attempts to send an arrow into the lead raider's other other cheek.

Pew (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

If Olaf still stands, Phinellippa sends a pair of magic missiles at him.

pew pew!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

Iovo fights with her healing wand some more, and the wand continues to win. Rees and Phin puncture Olaf with missiles both magical and mundane, and Shiera stabs the man with her spear again! He is bloody, bruised and battered, yet somehow keeps his feet!

Round 3/4 Initiative:
Iovo
Rees
Phinellippa
Shieara
Olaf (-56 hp, -12 NL)
Kleines
Raiders (Green: -6 hp, unconscious, blind, stunned, 5 rds; Blue: unconscious, blind, stunned, 5 rds)
Damiar

Damiar is still up for the end of round 3! I think Iovo probably has a move action left too, after trying to use the wand but not doing much else.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo puts her wand away in disgust.

I need a better way to do this sort of thing!

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Long Bow + I.C.+ PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 20
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9

Damiar aims another special shot at Olaf. "Haven't you heard that we're in the Age of Lost Omens? The only fate that I can foretell for you is a whole lot of hurt unless you and your unwoke ruffians surrender now! Michellia is not your property."


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

Damiar’s arrow hits Olaf in both cheeks and, before the hulking Ulfen can fully grasp what the elf is telling him, he falls to the sand! The last raider standing looks truly alarmed at the turn of events, and almost certainly ready to surrender!

Kleines is up, but I’m going to assume he won’t kill the last Ulfen just for sport…

The red-haired raider tosses his axe on the sand and drops to his knees, saying, ”I yield, I yield! You have slain Olaf, and I have no wish to follow him a step further. I should have known I’d end this way, following him! He grew more mad by the day!”

The Blakros woman in the wedding dress stands on the sand near the boat’s keel, small, rippling waves washing over her feet. She looks rather abashedly at the stern of the boat, and seems to notice that the blanket covering her sister has been pulled back by an unseen hand. ”As you seem to have guessed,” she says sadly, ”I am Eleanir Blakros.”

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

A good assumption. He spent the whole battle doing nonlethal damage, he's not going to now kill a surrendered opponent.

"Phinellippa, how long will your magic keep these two unconscious for?" Kleines says, as a picks up the axes dropped by the unconscious and surrendered raiders.

(Assuming someone secures them) "Excuse me for a moment, Ms. Blakros. I don't mean to be rude, but your friends left quite an impression on me." With that, he sits down, breathing heavily for a moment before drawing a wand and applying its magic to his wounds.

6 wand charges, assuming you're ok with average out of combat.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

I assume Olaf isn’t bleeding since the arrow damage was less than the Non Lethal damage.

A voice calls out from the boat “Probably less than a half minute, Kleines. Rees, could you tie them up?

Sis, could you bring Michelia to consciousness?” Iovo asks Damiar. “No sense in me using up a spell just to bring her there now that the Ulfen’s have settled down.

There is a flicker in the air as Iovo appears at the back of the boat. She looks herself over, and then waves her hand to clean away some sand that is stuck to her.

Smiling at Eleanir, Iovo says “I’m Iovo. Surprised to meet you here.” With a wide grin of anticipation, she adds “I look forward to hearing the explanation!

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"As do I," Damiar says, brandishing the CLW wand to wake Michellia. "Although waking sleeping princesses with a kiss is more traditional, I believe in consent."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Yeah, this had better be good," Shieara agrees as she moves to help the others with tying up with surrendered and unconscious men. She'll even do what she can to try and stop Olaf's bleeding, provided he's not already beyond saving.

Heal (Stabilize): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"An' don't worry 'bout tellin' the short version 'cause we got plenty of time," she adds.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Leaping from the back of the boat to the sand, Iovo says “Actually, I think we need the quick version. How long will it be before the head of the family notices the bride is missing?” She gestures to both of the Blakros daughters there when mentioning bride.

Looking to Eleanir, she adds “I do want the long version, but at a time and place where Blakros security will not interrupt!


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

Damiar heals Michellia, who awakens and sits up, a look of confusion clouding her face. This expression is promptly replaced by one of righteous anger when she spots her sister wearing her wedding gown. Pulling the foul ship’s blanket around herself in a gesture of modesty – as her sister left her wearing little more than a slip in stealing her gown – Michellia rises to her feet and shouts at Eleanir, "What in the hells were you thinking? You were going to pass as me? In my marriage? How long could that have worked?”

"It’s worked for our whole lives!" Eleanir replies testily, ”From when we were little, and at galas as teenagers, and many times since! But now you think you’re somehow better and they’ll spot the difference?”

Michellia glares at her twin and retorts, "You might have kept it up for a while, but then someone would have seen through it, and what would Damian have done then, when he found out? He’s a dangerous man, even gives me pause…”

Turning to include the Pathfinders in the conversation for a moment, she explains a missing piece of the tale, "Olaf Kvaran came to the Grand Convocation, like Damian and other prospective suitors, to seek my hand in marriage. Olaf was mad even then, said that he had awoken one night having had a vision of the end of the world. He truly believed that the only way to prevent this disaster was to wed me, because he saw me beside him in the dream. So, as I say – completely mad, and not exactly my or my family’s first choice of the prospective suitors."

Eleanir seems to deflate a bit as she hears this, saying, ”I knew he was a bit mad, but I did not know that whole story. All I saw was a chance to make a change, to step into the good life you’ve led, to be the favorite instead of the difficult daughter.”

Michellia huffs in frustration and rolls her eyes at this and Eleanir, truly her sister’s twin, reacts in identical fashion. It’s clear these two are not likely to come to any real understanding of each other.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Bad things happen when twin sisters fight!” Iovo scolds the Blakros twins. She says it with absolute conviction.

With a perplexed look, she turns to Michellia and asks “If Damian scares you, why would you accept him as a suitor?

She then turns to Eleanir and says “Sorry to be the one to tell you, but I doubt this plan would have made you a favorite daughter. Might want to concentrate more on what makes you happy.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Yeah, like...aren't ya happier bein' out in th' world an' doin' as ya please?" Shieara adds, looking perplexed. "Seems like bein' a favored daughter'd mean ya have t' live a life of politickin' an' such. An' that's fine if that's what ya want, but if it ain't what ya wanna do with yer life, then seems you gotta make a choice."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

"Indeed, as the Master teaches, each person's path to perfection must be their own" Kleines adds, the serene look on his face diminished somewhat by the quickly-drying blood from his now-closed wounds.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Iovo goes over to Kleines and waves a hand, causing the blood and dirt to be washed away. Smiling, she admits to him “Don’t think I will ever tire of being able to do that!

Pointing to where an axe cut through his clothing, she admits “I can’t fix that right now, but at least the worst of it is taken care of.I really wasn’t expecting to need a mending spell today!

She then goes around silently offering the others (including the Blakros twins) to clean off any stains.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar pauses. "You know... Michellia, you have two other men... Bedard is madly in love with you still. I am betting that what Damien wanted was a political marriage to a Blakros. Do you want to trade with Eleanir, and take the guy who loves you? That way, we could have two marriages at this wedding!"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female raven || AC: 15, T: 14, F: 13 || F +1, R +4, W +5 || hp 8/8

The Amazing CoCo has gathered a small pile of seeds and is eating them while watching the drama unfold. "This is even better than a play!"

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Wow, that's a pretty good idea Damiar," Shieara whistles, clearly impressed. "Providin' everyone's amiable t' it, of course."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Two weddings, one bridal gown. I bet Bedard wouldn’t care, and it would be an opportunity for Michellia to be the difficult daughter. She might like that as a change of pace.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"What do you two say? Is this something that can work so that everyone wins?" Damiar gets excited. "We already have the feast, the party's underway, and we'd be happy to provide entertainment!"

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees watches in confusion as everyone goes from trying to kill each other to... proposing matrimony?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

The sisters once again show their twin-ship, as each blinks her green eyes twice and tips her head slightly in confusion, all in perfect synchrony. Michellia speaks first, ”So…you’re suggesting that I wed Bedard, and Eleanir marry Damian? But I’ve already married Damian! I expect his family – and the Hellknights – would not look fondly on my suddenly backing out of that commitment. The fact that the marriage is more about politics than love makes that even more true, as it would be a real slap in the face to the Kastner family. If we were having this conversation just a few hours ago, matters might be different.”

Eleanir joins in, saying, ”But if I take your place, you could marry Bedard, or do whatever you like! You don’t have to marry him today, but you could entertain the possibility, or you could travel, adventure, do as you like! You could get to know him without the political calculus always on your mind, and find out if you love him as he does you – and if you don’t, you’d be free to find someone else, or no one!”

Michellia’s face shifts over the course of a few, thoughtful moments, going from the lovely but rather calculating expression she has worn throughout the weekend to one of quiet wonder. ”It just might work…and the family’s political needs would be met, and I would be free.”

The sisters regard each other for a few heartbeats, looking into each other’s eyes in wordless communication, in a way that Damiar and Iovo immediately recognize as the profound understanding that can exist between twins. Though not another word is spoken, it’s clear they have come to a decision, as Eleanir and Michellia take a few steps closer together and embrace.

Turning to Damiar, Michellia says, ”You are wise indeed, good elf. Your suggestion gives each of us something we have longed for, and keeps our family – and Damian’s – happy.”

With a satisfied, perhaps amazed, laugh at the fact that her plan actually seems to have worked – though not in the way she expected – Eleanir adds, ”And I’m even dressed the part! Thank you, all of you, for helping us understand each other and resolve our dilemma.”

As the conversation unfolds, the remaining Ulfen warrior drags his dead and injured companions onto the longboat, looking occasionally over his shoulder to be sure no one intends to stop him from leaving with them.

So, not exactly the plan Damiar suggested, but a step in that direction. What next?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

I’m fine with it.

Iovo smiles encouraging as the Blakros twins discuss the situation. She waits for them to announce their decision before congratulating them. “Just remember, sisters shouldn’t fight. Work together and I’m sure things will turn out well!

Looking towards the Ulfen, Iovo asks “Do you need any help? As long as you are leaving peacefully, I don’t have any quarrel with you. I would suggest you wait to awaken your leader though...and maybe later find a better leader.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Hey, if y'all are happy with it then Ah'm happy," Shieara grins. "Sounds like th' best possible outcome, all things considered."

"An' yeah, nothin' personal 'gainst y'all," she adds, nodding at the Ulfen. "Eleanir, what do ya think? Safe enough t' just let 'em go an' consider it a lesson learned on their part?"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar smiles. "The plan works for me as well. Do you want a run down of what was said at the wedding, Eleanir, or are you going to claim amnesia from a convenient blow to the head?"

Then she nods to the departing ulfens. "I do hope you don't hold this against us. We were just defending those to which we had sworn protection, same as you. You gave us a good fight"


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

As Eleanir agrees with the notion of letting the warriors go, the remaining Ulfen gives a rueful grin at Iovo’s advice. As he hauls Olaf’s limp form onto the stern of the boat, the man responds, ”Aye, I’ll get him home, I owe him that much, and then I’m done with him.” With all his companions safely aboard, he turns his attention to quickly making sail away from Pariol Island.

”I can give my sister a quick summary of who’s here, who wants what, and what promises have been made or broken by the family,” Michellia tells Damiar. ”It’ll be quicker if I just run through it with her while we head back. I think we probably all have time to get back to our lodgings and clean up a little – and maybe fix the disaster that is Eleanir’s hair – before the party winds down.” As an afterthought, she adds, ”Since everyone will be departing soon, many of the guests will have collected their belongings, so you can probably bring along whatever you’d normally travel with.”

In other words, armor and weapons are okay if you want to grab them from your lodging.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Sounds like a plan t' me," Shieara replies cheerfully, clearly eager to don her armor and other usual gear. "No offense but Ah feel kinda nekkid without mah armor an' all, so it'll be good t' get it back on again."

"Anyway, ready t' go?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Always!

Looking to Eleanir, she adds “Don’t panic if your mother sees through the ruse almost immediately. Somehow, mother’s frequently know.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human Paladin of Irori 4 | hp: 39/39 NL: 0 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | Fort+8 Ref+5 Will +4 (Immune to disease and fear) | Senses: Per -2, SM +2 | Smite +2/+4 (+8), 0/2 | P.A. -2/+4 | CI Glaive: +10/1d10+9, Imp. Unarmed: +10/1d3+6, Bow +7/1d8+3 | Lay on hands 2d6, 2/4

Kleines scratches his head. So if a marriage to this Damian is so bad, why does the other sister want it so much? And where's the first sister going? Why do I always feel like I'm missing something? After a few moments contemplation, he shrugs and silently follows his friends.


Female raven || AC: 15, T: 14, F: 13 || F +1, R +4, W +5 || hp 8/8

The Amazing CoCo crams the rest of her seeds in her mouth and lands on Phinellippa's shoulder, ready to see the next act.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

An echoing, resonant voice seems to speak in Kleines’ head, offering the servant of Irori a moment of near-divine clarity as it says ‘If you think there are thin bits in the plot, or unexplained motivations hidden behind a screen, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.’

The Pathfinders make their way up the cliff and head back to the reception, after a brief stop at their little cottage to collect a few things. All the while, the Blakros sisters speak quickly, finishing each other’s thoughts effortlessly as they talk through the situation ahead. The party and the twins all arrive at the reception tent at about the same time, to witness a few stares and murmurs of surprise from the assembled guests to see both sisters present.

Before anyone can presume to inquire about the sudden appearance of Michellia’s twin, however, there is a disturbance by the stage. One of the Blakros mercenaries strides onto the stage, shoving a couple of musicians off it as he moves to center-stage. Holding his halberd high, he proclaims loudly, ”I am Arastrax of the Onyx Alliance! I have this place surrounded and I shall feast on your souls! Not a one of you shall live to escape this island!” The sound of yelling, screaming, and fighting erupts outside the pavilion and demonic shrieks and howls fill the air! The crowd within the tent begins to panic, and frightened guests stampede toward the exits! Some of the more prominent and powerful attendees, including the bride and groom, enter combat with a swarm of small demonic creatures harassing the cowering crowd, but no one has confronted their leader on the stage!

As this madness erupts, Shiera studies the mercenary on the stage a moment and is convinced he’s under some sort of mental control.

As I’m sure you’ve guessed, the Pathfinders have to deal with the leader, while the NPCs engage in abstracted fashion with minions.

DM Screen:

Damiar: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Iovo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Rees: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Shieara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Initiative:

Arastrax: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damiar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Iovo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Kleines: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Shieara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Round 1 Initiative:
Damiar
Rees
Iovo
Phinellippa

Arastrax
Shieara
Kleines

Damiar, Rees, Iovo and Phin are up! New map is up.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Is the stage low enough that a person could leap up on to it rather than taking the stairs?

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa drops a burst of glitter on the angry (and possibly mind-contolled) man.

Glitterdust, DC 16 Will save


DM | Map Stuff | Catastrophe

The stage is about five feet tall, so it would be an impressive leap.

Will, DC 16 : 1d20 ⇒ 19 Success

The mercenary now glitters beautifully, his vision unaffected.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"H-hey! There's somethin' wrong with that guy," Shieara yells, trying to project her voice loud enough for her companions to hear over the screams and howls. "He's bein' controlled by somethin' or someone!"

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

GM:
If that was Sense Motive, Damiar's is +9 due to versatile performance.

Inspire Courage +1 to attack and damage

♫ They put a spell on you... ♫

More lyrics possibly later, but for now consider yourselves inspired.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

So we need to take him alive? Got it!” Iovo replies as she dashes towards the stage and gets out her sap. She then attempts to leap directly up on to the stage.

Acrobatics, running high jump, DC20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

It is a very nice leap, just barely allowing her to land on the stage next to the fellow. The attack with the sap is less impressive.

Attack w/sap, IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
Non-lethal damage, sneak attack, IC: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 = 4

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,087 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.