Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,097 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Savage Rifts RotRwT

It is actually about 9 hours later and just after 2am according to Atlas' internal chronometer...

After your group gathers itself up, taking tea and checking weapons and other preparations, you begin working your way down the hallway through the door that was left open for you. As you progress through myriad empty rooms and corridors you start to realize that most of the facility this far down seems to be in working condition. Lights are on, air circulates through vents and the sound of machinery echoes throughout. It isn't until you reach some sort of storage room that you find an signs of life however.

You step into a cavernous room, almost as large as the one holding the cooling systems. This one has rows upon rows of what appear to be medical stasis pods. Judging from the lights on them, they are all operating. Shakti realizes this was the room she saw in her vision. Jalera is visibly on edge. "This place feels, wrong," she whispers.

Notice Success:
Other than what may be in the pods, there are several creatures hiding in the rafters, though not very well.

Notice Raise:
The creatures in the rafters seem to be children, though their eyes seem to be shinier than they should be in the shadows.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Notice & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 2

"Yes, indeed, there is something *very* wrong with this place - can you see the creatures in the ceiling?" Burgurk says, pointing them out.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
WILD Notice!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
WILD Notice!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 13

Atlas' large head follows where Burgurk is pointing. His A-TAC gets to work breaking the shallow darkness and getting on with the important business of acquiring targets.

"Affirmative, I see them," Atlas says, seeing them quite clearly. "There are several child-sized creatures attempting to hide among narrow rafters and they are not doing a good job of it.

They have shiny eyes indicating an altered state.

I recommend immediate eradication."

His grenade launchers slides silently out of his shoulder.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"I would suggest that we find out their intentions towards us first. No point in killing someone who's not an enemy - it's a waste of ammo."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"I agree with you on the pragmatic side, though if they are infected with the local version of vampirism, they could prove a significant threat if we leave them at our backs. If things go poorly, running into them while wounded an harried could potentially mean the end of us. It might be more practical to simply eliminate them now."

Detect Arcana: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti:
While the area seems aplomb with the energy of magic, the children only show as having a tiny bit, almost as if they were barely even there.

The children on the rafters don't seem to move much as you watch them. They don't flinch as Atlas's weapon comes out. They do however start to whisper among themselves, pointing in your direction.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Jalera, what do you mean by 'wrong'? Are you referring to the gravity-defying inhabitants, or to some other attribute?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Jalera shakes her head, her furred ears twitching. "No, the children are of no concern. It is what is in the vats that worries me. It seems as if the living souls that should be there are.. gone, but there is still some semblance of life in them, as if something else is keeping them going, besides the machinery. It is difficult to explain, but these may not be 'normal' vampires."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk tries to sense the presence of the children's minds to see what he can determine, but discovers that he can no longer do that.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti opens herself up to pull up a little more power, and hopefully get a better picture of what might be affecting the children.

Exalted Detect Arcana: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

„What kind of magic is at work.
„ Currently active powers.
„ General type of supernatural creature
(vampire, werewolf, dragon, etc).
„ Any enchantments present on an item.
„ How much PPE or ISP a target possesses.
„ Other information the GM thinks
appropriate.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey's mallet is drawn, as he nods. "Hrm. Perhaps the vats themselves are the cause of this particular strain of vampirism? That's a mystery I'd be willing to uncover. Isn't the definition of a 'zombie' to be a soulless body? Vampire Zombies, perhaps?" If he's scared, he doesn't show it. "What a fascinating application of the arcane that would be."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti:
You open yourself up to the powers of the World Tree and listen to the wind in its leaves. The children above you are not children at all, but a sort of supernatural remora that feeds on the leftover psychic energy right after death. It appears that they are some sort of parasite for the being that lives within these walls. They have a symbiotic relationship with it. This is not their normal appearance, but a semblance of what you might expect, since they come from the Far Realms...

As Shakti meditates on the children for a moment, Burgurk starts to realize what once was natural to him is now lost. His powers over matter however seems to have grown, as bits of dust particles swirl around him when he concentrates. It is about then that a few more lights come on and you hear a familiar female voice over the loudspeaker.

"Well, well. It seems that you have come directly into my parlor." A short laugh later, she continues, "You are welcome to come and get me, but you'll have to get through them first." She laughs again and then the loudspeaker goes quiet. After another moment, you hear a lot of beeping alarm sounds from some of the vats, along with the sound of air being released as they begin to open...

This is a Dramatic Task to stop the vats from opening however you can. You have to get 5 successes total to make them stop. I will allow almost any skill if roleplayed well, but they are all at -2. The more successes you achieve, the less bad guys there will be to fight. Each of you get one action to start.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas just stared at the intervening conversation, unable to really follow it, and his A-TAC was sort of convinced that he'd end up opening fire anyway.

He felt mildly justified when a familiar voice came on with an obvious villain-taunt.

As the vats begin their decompression, faster than human thought could follow, his A-TAC interfaced with his onboard Central Electronis Package and his slotted skill-chip, running a thousand million Repair analytics of the machines, determining the purpose of, literally, every part, hose, and gizmo, and coming back with a solution to what could be causing the apparent air&alarm...along with a course of action to fix it.

Repair!: 1d12 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6

Repair!: 1d6 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5

Nope nope, Atlas has literally two purposes. Benny.

Repair!: 1d12 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5

Repair!: 1d6 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7

F@@+ YOU F*@# YOU F+!% YOU F&#& YOU F+%~ YOU F&&! YOU

Repair!: 1d12 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12

Repair!: 1d6 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5

That's better


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk looks around the room for any kind of console, or bank of equipment, that looks like it might be controlling the vats. Maybe if he can do that mind "blast" he did yesterday to the equipment, it'll stop working...

Notice & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 1 Nope. Spending a Benny.

Notice & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 2

Does he identify any such equipment?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

That will take your action for the turn, Burgurk and it is at -2. 3 Successes total so far. Going to wait just a bit longer for Humphrey and Shakti, else I'll roll something for them as well.

Burgurk and Atlas frantically search for a main off switch or some sort of way to stop the vats from opening. Burgurk notes that there seem to be a lot of wires and tubes everywhere, but Atlas notes that there seems to be one main control bus and gets to work disabling it. Some of the creatures are starting to climb out of the vats...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Greater Boost: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Shakti will give Atlas a little help with his task, boosting his knowledge of systems and repair.

Atlas, you can add +4 to you next 3 rolls. So d12+9 I guess. Hope you can pull it off.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey's brow furrows as the vats begin hissing, his eyeballs almost popping out, swelling with blood. "Scoundrellous witch! Hide behind the bodies all you wish,", he roars as he slams his mallet into the frame of the nearest vat, "no vat-born gnats can stand the might of the British Empire!" The hammer slams into the vat, metal giving way to metal, as the door snaps shut. "And our ingenuity!", he roars.

Rolls/OoC:

I'd say 'knowledge(mechanics) or 'combat engineering' would be what Humphrey would attempt here? Reverse Lockpicking? Anything from Jack-of-all-trades related to jamming things that shouldn't be jammable. Also, going off the handle.
Repair, Perhaps?: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Wild: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Wild!: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Yay!


Savage Rifts RotRwT

As Atlas delicately attempts to shut down the entire system with the help of Shakti's divine insight and Burgurk's psychic vision, Humphrey takes a more direct approach, smashing everything in sight. With the sound of crunching metal and crashing glass, several machines are left destroyed along with desiccated bodies that collapse into a heap. Several more of them power down and their occupants are unable to survive the sudden loss of energy. Some are however able to break free in time to mount an attack and judging by the sheer number of machines that there were, the situation could have been much worse. At least twenty are still moving and they don't look like they want to chat..

Okay, this is a big room with a lot of vats as difficult terrain and lots of cover. Suffice to say that you can move almost anywhere and get into range with one of them. Humphrey will start in melee range with one of them, but the rest of you are sufficiently far away.

Round 1
Humphrey QH
Jalera 9C
Atlas 5S
Shakti 3S
Burgurk 3H
Vat Things 2D

You guys are up!!

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Shakti, is that only for my repair rolls, or any rolls?

"Combat Initiated!" the battle robot shouts as his large railgun spins up and begins searching for targets with an almost precision-like skill.

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 = 4
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 + 2 = 6
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 + 2 = 8
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 + 2 = 9
WILD Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 + 2 = 5

Full Auto Damage 1! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Full Auto Damage 2! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 8) + 4 = 13
Damage 2 ACE!!: 1d8 ⇒ 5 = 18
Full Auto Damage 3! raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 7) + (4) + 4 = 19
Full Auto Damage 4! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + (5) + 4 = 16


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Atlas unloads a full railgun burst into a group of the creatures and even as body parts and other detritus fly off and the penetrating shells rip through vats and wires and tubes, causing gouts of steam and other liquids to spurt everywhere, the creatures are still coming. Only two of them seem to have been stopped permanently.

2 Down, 1 Shaken and Wounded, 1 Shaken, 16 Active


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk tries to see what his new abilities can do :

Psionics & Wild: 1d12 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 1

Flustered, he tries again :

Psionics & Wild: 1d12 ⇒ 121d6 ⇒ 1
ACE!: 1d12 ⇒ 8 = 20

And to his surprise, a massive bolt of mental energy flies towards one of the un-harmed creatures, doing

Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 4, 8, 5) = 24
ACE!: 1d8 ⇒ 1 = 25
In case the 20 attack is a Raise: 1d6 ⇒ 1

And to his amazement, he discovers he can do it again! He focuses on another un-harmed creature :

Psionics & Wild: 1d12 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE! ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 17

Doing
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 7, 3, 6, 5) = 31
In case the 17 attack is a Raise: 1d6 ⇒ 4

And when he's finally done, he discovers that he has not expended any of his mental reserves!

DM SBM, your note says one is "Shaken and Wounded", does that mean all these creatures are Wild Cards? Yikes!


Savage Rifts RotRwT

No, not Wild Cards, but they do have some special abilities that you may or may not figure out in game. 4 Down, 1 Shaken and Wounded, 1 Shaken, 14 Active.

Two more of the creatures blow apart as Burgurk tries his newfound abilities out.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Humphrey? Shakti?


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"Once more, my fellows, ONCE MORE!", Sir Humphrey roars as he dives into the grenade cavalcade with nary a worry, his hammer crashing heavily into a vampire. "I will smell your fear, mindless knaves!", he roars into a beast's face as his sword buries into its ribs. "Run, as all enemies of the Crown!"

Rolls/OoC:

Same as before, two attacks and an off-hand attack.

Fighting, Berserk, Fiorentine, Trademark Weapon: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Wild: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (3, 6) + 3 = 15
Wild!: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Potential Raise: 1d10 ⇒ 7 19(26) Damage, no AP, Mega Damage

Fighting, Berserk, Fiorentine, Trademark Weapon: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Wild: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + (5, 6) + 3 = 20
Wild!: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Potential Raise: 1d10 ⇒ 9 22(31) Damage, no AP, Mega Damage

Fighting, Berserk, Fiorentine: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Wild: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + (7) + 3 = 15 15 Damage, AP 4, Mega Damage


Savage Rifts RotRwT

ShaktiBot Mysticism (Greater Boost Shooting Atlas): 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
ShaktiBot Mysticism (Greater Boost Psionics Burgurk): 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
ShaktiBot Mysticism (Greater Boost Fighting Humphrey): 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Shakti uses her divine power to help her companions in the fight, giving each a new insight into the ways of combat.

As she does so, the remaining creatures descend on you. Atlas's armor keeps him from being seriously damaged, but Burgurk is seriously hurt by the powerful blows from these things. Sir Humphrey easily deflects the attacks as he relives the Battle of Waterloo in his mind. Shakti and Jalera, using their combined mystical power, are able to keep the creatures from doing anything for the time being.

Horde!:

Creature Shaken Recovery: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Regenerate: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Hoard on Atlas: 1d8 ⇒ 21d8 ⇒ 71d8 ⇒ 5
Hoard on Burgurk: 1d8 ⇒ 71d8 ⇒ 51d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + (7) = 15
Hoard on Humphrey: 1d8 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 11d8 ⇒ 7
Hoard on Shakti: 1d8 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 51d8 ⇒ 2
Hoard on Jalera: 1d8 ⇒ 51d8 ⇒ 1
Atlas MegaDamage Punch: 1d12 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 4 = 71d12 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + (5) + 4 = 15
Burgurk MegaDamage Punch: 1d12 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (7) + (6) + (1) + 4 = 181d12 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 4 = 61d12 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + (3) + (2) + 4 = 19

Atlas has a Shooting at 1d12+4, Burgurk's Psionics is 1d12+2 and Humphrey's Fighting is 1d12+6, all for 3 rounds. Burgurk has taken 2 Wounds and is Shaken. Bad Guys: 5 Down, 1 Shaken, 14 Active. You guys are up, see how many more you can blow up!


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Am I correct in assuming that Shakti's boost was +4 in total for me? If so...

Seeing Burgurk viciously assaulted by the vampires, Sir Humphrey flies into an even greater frenzy, aided greatly by Shakti's magics. "Scoundrels! Fiends!", he roars, as his hammer flattens a vampire's ribcage. As if by force of sheer insanity, or even fear, his flashing sword deflects the blows. "Atlas, hark again the thunder of cannons!", he turns towards the combat android.

Rolls:

Fighting, Hammer 1: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Wild: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + (4, 2) + 3 = 16 16(21) damage
Raise: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Fighting, Hammer 2: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Wild: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + (1, 2) + 3 = 13 13(20) damage
Raise: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Fighting, Sword: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Wild: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Wild!: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + (5, 4) + 3 = 18 18(29) damage, Pen 4
Raise: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The three creatures attacking Humphrey disintegrate into gore and ichor as he easily tears through them.

Yes, you got +4 dice from her Boost, Atlas got +4 and Burgurk got +2.
Bad Guys: 8 Down, 1 Shaken, 11 Active


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk tries to shake off the pain of the attack and concentrate :
Spirit & Wild: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Spending a Benny to remove the Shaken.

He tries again to use his new-found power :
Psionics & Wild + Boost - Wounds: 1d12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 2 = 121d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4
Psionics ACE!: 1d12 ⇒ 12
Psionics ACE!: 1d12 ⇒ 6 = 30

Doing
Damage: 6d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 6, 5, 1) + (4) = 29

And again :
Psionics & Wild + Boost - Wounds: 1d12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 91d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5

If that hits, doing
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 6, 2, 8) = 23
Damage ACE!: 1d8 ⇒ 1 = 24

And again :
Psionics & Wild + Boost - Wounds: 1d12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 91d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 1

If that hits, doing
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 5, 5, 7, 5) = 30


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Wait a minute, I forgot that this attack is a "Bolt", which has a TN of 4, so a 9 is a Raise. So on the last two attacks add :

Damage Raise: 1d6 ⇒ 5

and

Damage Raise: 1d6 ⇒ 2

respectively.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Affirmative," the combat cyborg replies to Humphrey, "Volly'd and Thunder'd."

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 15
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 13
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 16
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 8
WILD Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d6 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 8

Full Auto Damage 1 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + (4) = 15
Full Auto Damage 2 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 + (3) = 13
Full Auto Damage 3 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + (5) + 4 = 15
Full Auto Damage 4 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (8, 1) + (4) + 4 = 17
Full Auto Damage 4 ACE!!!: 1d8 ⇒ 1 ._.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Burgurk's bolts of force and Atlas's railgun tear into more of the undead beings attempting to rip you apart as Shakti and Jalera attempt to keep the magical powers assisting you active. The remaining abominations continue their relentless assault, scratching harmlessly against Atlas's armor, but bringing the Simvan down to the ground with a final hit. Shakti and Jalera are also starting to be overrun as well...

Lesser Horde!:

Recover from Shakenx2: 1d4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 1 = 51d4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 1 = 2
Atlas: 1d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + (2) = 10
Burgurk: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Humphrey: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Shakti: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + (8) + (7) = 23
Jalera: 1d8 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 7
Atlas Damage: 1d12 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + (5) + (2) + 4 = 17
Burgurk Damage: 1d12 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + (4) + 4 = 18
Shakti Damage: 1d12 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + (4) + (5) + 4 = 19
Jalera Damage: 1d12 + 1d12 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + (7) + (2) + 4 = 25

Okay.. Burgurk and Shakti, you both have 1 Wound to Soak, then all of you are up...
Bad Guys: 13 Down, 1 Shaken and Wounded, 1 Wounded, 5 Active


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Soaking :

Vigor & Wild: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Nope. Saving my last Bennie for re-rolling the Incapacitation roll.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Soak: 1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 2
Reroll Soak: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (2) = 81d6 ⇒ 3
Boost Fighting: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 (With a raise, that will give me +4 to Fighting, and raise my parry to 11)
Fighting: 1d12 + 2 + 1d12 + 1d12 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 2 + (12) + (12) + (5) = 431d6 ⇒ 4 (Um, can we rule individual atoms cleft in twain?)
Fighting: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 ⇒ 1

Damage (AP2): 1d6 + 2d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (4, 1) + (2) = 9
Damage (AP2): 1d6 + 2d8 ⇒ (1) + (3, 2) = 6

Rediculously epic attack, ridiculously lousy damage.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Wow. The odds of rolling that many twelves are, like, a LOT more than successfully navigating an asteroid field.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Wow... that attack was amazing, but that damage, not so great.

Shakto's divine power sees her through the brunt of the assault by the remaining animated beings and she easily plants her weapon into the neck of one of them. As she does so, she briefly sees a vision of someone she knew from the past and at the last moment stops herself from plunging it through the other side.

Bad Guys: 13 Down, 1 Shaken and Wounded, 1 Wounded, 1 Shaken, 4 Active
After that, the rest of you guys are up..


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk tries to shake off the pain of the attack and concentrate :
Spirit & Wild: 1d10 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 51d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0

And continues to attack the creatures mentally :

Psionics & Wild + Boost - Wounds: 1d12 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 3 = 21d6 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 3 = 3

Psionics & Wild + Boost - Wounds: 1d12 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 3 = 51d6 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 3 = 2

Psionics & Wild + Boost - Wounds: 1d12 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 3 = 01d6 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 3 = 2

Jeez, those Wound penalties really suck! They turned 3 hits into 1 hit...

Doing

Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 4, 7, 5, 4) = 29
Damage ACE!: 1d8 ⇒ 7 = 36

He shouts "Can anyone heal me, like right now???"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Huh. I somehow didn't catch that we were in a new round.

"I have no healing, but perhaps I can eliminate the chance of a continued threat," the assault mech states as his machine gun continues its blazing fire.

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 13
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 6
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 16
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 9
WILD Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d6 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 7

Full Auto Damage 1 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 + (6) = 18
Full Auto Damage 1 ACE!!!: 1d6 ⇒ 4 = 22
Full Auto Damage 2! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 5) + 4 = 16
Full Auto Damage 3 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + (5) + 4 = 17
Full Auto Damage 4 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 7) + (5) + 4 = 18


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Burgurk, through the haze of pain now clouding his mind, is only able to blast one more of the creatures apart as his wounds start to wear on him. Atlas's weapon barrel begins to glow red as he pours fire into the remaining assailants, dropping several more.

Bad Guys: 18 Down, 2 Active. Can Humphrey finish off the last two?


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"Last round at the bar, bloodsuckers! Ring the bell, and give us one for the road!", Sir Humphrey roars thunderously into the face of one of the remaining vampires, before ringing its skull with his mallet. "I suggest you fall, cur!", he shouts at the other one, thrusting his saber into its ribcage.

Rolls/OoC:

Attack, Hammer 1: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Wild: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + (4) + 3 = 15 15(22) Mega Damage, no AP
Possible Raise: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Attack, Hammer 2: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Wild: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Wild!: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 2d6 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + (8) + 3 = 20 20(26) Mega Damage, no AP
Boom!: 1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6

Attack, Hammer 1: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Wild: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + (5) + 3 = 16 16 Damage, AP 4


Savage Rifts RotRwT

And so he does, with aplomb...

Humphrey crushes the skull of one creature and eviscerates the final one. The five of you stand among the ruins of all the capsules, over a hundred bodies all around you in various states of ruin and decay. The machines themselves are destroyed or otherwise rendered inoperable. An annoyingly familiar voice comes over the loudspeaker.

"Well, well. It seems I will have to do things myself. I must say, congratulations are in order. You could have saved them, every one of them, but instead, you do what all heroes do, smash first. Oh well. I'll be waiting for your arrival." She laughs as the feed cuts out.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

After thrusting in a fresh clip, Atlas reaches down one large battle fist and his metal claw crunches down on a corpse's skull. Servos whirring, he bring the thing up by the head and brings his eyes close, giving it a good look.

His fist of steel turns it this way and that, before finally letting it crash to the ground. "I deem a high percentage that we are better off having not saved them. You do not save a rabid dog," he says, looking to the others to see if they are ready to go on.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti crosses to Burgurk, and lays a hand on him.

Healing: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
2 wounds healed
Healing: 1d12 + 3 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 3 + (10) = 251d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
3rd wound healed


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk simply says "Thank you, Shakti."

Turning to the group-as-a-whole, he says "So, do we explore this place any further, or go after Grayspear? Anyone have any idea where she might be holed up?"

Or I (the player) may be confused, and Grayspear is deeper in this complex. In which case, ignore what I just said.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

We have only been going in one direction, so I assumed there only was one direction to go further down.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Most of the complex is empty, save for a few interesting chambers here and there. Getting to Grayspear will simply be a bit of time taken and possibly encountering another interesting find along the way..


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

So, we continue on...


Savage Rifts RotRwT

You travel among the corridors and chambers for a while, finding more detritus and abandoned facility material than anything else. Eventually you come to a large opening and a long causeway that leads to a massive vault door. Other than a bit of water coming in from somewhere, it appears that other than you, nothing has been here in some time. There is little in the way of lights or sounds and even the strange vine material is minimal here.

Supernaturally Sensitive Folks:
This is all a ruse. There is a vault door there, for sure, but instead of it being closed and abandoned, it is partially open and covered in archaic runes. Inside you can sense the presence of a dark entity and it is definitely not of this world.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk feels something twist in his mind as he looks at the scene, then suddenly he sees...something completely different! It takes him a second to process the new information, then he says "Beware! There is enchantment here, and what you see may not be what is real! That vault door is actually open, and covered in runes. I sense great danger within."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Um, hello guys (PC's)...???

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Apologies.

Atlas, approaching the closed door, had been about to reach out and try opening it, whether it wanted to or not. But at Burgurk's warning, he pulls back. "Acknowledged. Do you sense the purpose of the runes?"

Ever one to try violence, he lowers his weapon, but his A-TAC is unsure, and he hesitates. "Do...I...if the runes are activated by stimuli, then perhaps firing at the door will trigger them, and allow us to pass by? ...or...or I could open the door further with an inanimate object?"

Unused to dealing with straight-up magic, he pauses, getting conflicting suggestions from his programming.

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,097 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.