Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,092 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Savage Rifts RotRwT

October 30th, 109 P.A., 2:43pm. 47 degrees, Cloudy, Light wind. 56 miles from Garnet Town. 69 miles to Transfer Point Charlie.

After some time readjusting her cybernetics, Anya is able to scrounge parts from the back of the Mountaineer and use it to fix the alignment of the wheel. After giving a 'don't mess this up' look to Private Casey, who responds with a sheepish grin, you are on your way.

Private Casey Driving: 1d6 - 1 + 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 + (5) - 1 = 9
Next round of Survival, Notice and Piloting Rolls

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

'Ya give a boy an inch and suddenly he forgot his own name AND how ta drive,' Wraith muses as she soars above the mountaineer, keeping her scanners busy.

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
WILD Notice!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 5
WILD Pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 1


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Mysticism: 1d12 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 1 = 91d10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 1 = 8
Mysticism: 1d12 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 101d10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2
Mysticism: 1d12 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 1 = 111d10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 1 = 3

Three successes, three raises.

Shakti pulls up a spot near the broken down ATV. She sits cross legged and begins chanting. As she begins repeating the mantra, her eyes close, and she enters a meditative state. She clasps one pair of her hands in her lap, the other arrayed around her.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Survival & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 2 = 4, Success


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Since Anya already fixed the vehicle, I'm going to let Shakti hold on to that boost for someone else's skill in the next round of rolling.

October 30th, 109 P.A., 8:23pm. 45 degrees, Partly Cloudy, Light wind. 82 miles from Garnet Town. 43 miles to Transfer Point Charlie.

The afternoon drive into the evening goes relatively smoothly as with the Mountaineer being fixed up and Private Casey's wish to not get into more trouble. In fact, Burgurk manages to find a section of highway that is still somewhat intact and you make up a few miles on it. At one point Anya spots a patrol of power armor flying nearby, but either they didn't notice you or they didn't care. Either way, they sped off too fast to identify their markings. You find a decent spot to park for the night, an abandoned building that might have been a hangar of some kind at one point. Though empty now, it provides shelter.

As always, Interludes are available for the evening, but otherwise when you are ready to travel in the morning, make the next set of rolls.


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 2 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 12/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

Interlude:

Jaq tried to ignore the guns pointed at the back of her head as she cut away the old bandages from Ariel's wounds. She'd asked for fresh ones and scissors, but neither had come before they were supposed to roll out, and the Dead Boys certainly hadn't wanted to be in the back with a bunch of desperate prisoners. That left them standing up and bracing against the bumps while they aimed at Jaq to kill her if she even sneezed too aggressively. Ariel's condition at least seemed to be stable, but the young woman was barely lucid and grimacing from the pain.

"E-easy," Ariel gasped through clenched teeth. "Th-that hurts!"

Jaq gave Ariel a consoling look as she tossed the las of the stuck cloth fragments and her gloves into a bin before putting on a fresh pair.

"Sorry, Ariel. Look at it this way, if you're hurting, you're still alive," Jaq replies as she gets the alcohol ready. "Bite on the belt. I don't want you to crack your teeth."

One of the lower ranked Coalition soldiers placed a leather belt with three bite marks in it already in Ariel's mouth at that. Ariel bit down as told and gave one, tired nod. Jaq sighed as she went to work and tried to ignore Ariel's bitten back screams of pain.

All this because they don't want me in the back with a pair of scissors nor to give me something that won't cause her to scream in pain as I use it. If we treated them like this, we'd be called barbaric!

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Anya brings over a tree and fires frickin' laser beams at it until she starts a fire. She warms up more of the monster deer and feasts mightily.
She wanders over to Private Driver and says, "Null persp, chummer. No harm done. And I, uh, I have that affect on lots of guys. I mean, this one time, Rock-On said that--"

A shadow passes over her face and she moved away. She doesn't speak the rest of the night.

The next morning she's chipper/annoying as always and takes off at first light.

pilot and WILD pilot: 1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 1
notice and WILD notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

BENNY! pilot and WILD pilot: 1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 5


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Survival & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 2
Survival ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 3 = 9, a Raise


Savage Rifts RotRwT

October 31st, 109 P.A., 12:36pm. 48 degrees, Clear, Breezy. 100 miles from Garnet Town. 25 miles to Transfer Point Charlie.

Private Casey Driving, Burgurk Nav Bonus: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The next day, you notice a slight increase in temperature as you get closer to your destination. As the day wears on, you feel that the humidity has risen too, but you aren't sure why. The skies and the time of year would indicate that it should be balmy at best. Still, Burgurk is able to find another shortcut through some broken steel beams and rubble from ages past. Some rather large beetle looking things, about the size of a small dog, scatter as you get closer to them, but otherwise pay you no mind.

You stop for lunch at an outcropping of broken steel girders and plan your next step. If you push hard this evening, you could reach your destination by 8 or 9 pm. Otherwise, if you travel safely, stopping once more for the night, you could wait to get there until tomorrow morning.

Next Round!

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

"Mmmmrph. Let's rest a bit more. I'd hate to get to a combat zone at night without any chance to recon the area."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Assuming that taking the delay will still get us there before the CS team...I'm ok with that.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Either way, you will beat them. You've rolled well so far, so you are ahead by a bit. When you are ready, next round for the evening trip.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

"Okay, Gurgurk, when we get there, Imma go stealthy and fly around, scoping out the area. I'll stay in radio contact, and we'll make more plans then.

Not sure what you can do? Can you be stealthy, or can you make -me- more stealthy? Otherwise just try to stay out of sight."

Pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 1
WILD Pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 6
WILD Pilot ACE!!: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
WILD Notice!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Survival & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 4 = Success

DM SBM : as part of the T-K description, I have Exalted Telekinesis. This raises my mental "strength" to d12+3, which on the Super Strength table gives me a Load Limit of 500 pounds. Could I fly myself with this (which I assume would be completely silent)? I know it costs 10 PP for 3 rounds, but only 1 PP per round after that, so with 60 PP I could do it for over 5 minutes. If I can, what would be my speed? Thanks!


Savage Rifts RotRwT

@Burgurk- Yes, you can certainly fly yourself with this power. Your speed would be equal to your Smarts, so 4 inches per round. As for it being silent, I thought that somewhere they talked about noticing powers, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Since it is Telekinesis, I would rule that it is indeed silent, but you would still need to roll Stealth since it wouldn't make you invisible. Maybe with a +2 for the silent part.

Private Casey Driving: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Technical Difficulty: 1d6 ⇒ 1

October 31st, 109 P.A., 6:29pm. 42 degrees, Clear, Light Wind. 118 miles from Garnet Town. 7 miles to Transfer Point Charlie. Mountaineer Glitched.

You push on into the evening, leaving the ruins behind and traveling into the wilderness. At first, the gentle slopes are easy to maneuver, but as the sun sets, it gets harder to see the sudden drops and sure enough, Private Casey manages to find one. Though he is able to keep the Mountaineer upright, you feel as if you were floating for a brief moment. When your internal organs return to their original location, you see that the motion sensor screen is cracked and gives intermittent ghost images on it. When you stop to check out the damage, you also see that the sensor array is damaged as well. You don't have far to go, but it will be more difficult when you can't see where you are going. Private Casey keeps to himself during your dinner break.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Anya - can you do your techno-thing to repair the Mountaineer again?"

I suppose I could also use Greater Boost Trait to increase my Stealth to a d6, or a d10 on a Raise. I could do that for almost 6 minutes, but use up all my PP.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

"Um, I guess I can try?" Anya relaxes and again allows her internal chromeware to come online and do that old black magic that it does so well."[/b]

Repair I guess!: 1d4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5
WILD Repair sortof kinda!: 1d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6

"How's that look?"

Burgurk, do you wanna boost me? Either when I'm doing repair rolls or when I'm off scouting and can use a boost to Notice and/or Stealth?


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti can do that meditation boost I rolled up above for this repair. It would increase your repair skill by 2 dice.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Since DM SBM said it would take an hour to do the first repair, I'm assuming it would take the same time for this one. And as I figured out above, I can only B/L Trait for 6 minutes max.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

As the talk of the two psions turns to doubting her ability to fly while stealthed, Wraith takes professional offense.

"Hear me while flying? Ha! That's a laugh! Watch!"

Anya spins into the air and flies around. Once she turns on her stealth field she's not only invisible but silent.

"Satisfied?

Guys, it says -4 to detect. That would hardly be worth anything if it still made the sound of a jet engine. It's probably "anti-grav boosters" or something.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk watches the display, and says "I did not know you had a stealth field, I figured you would be just as visible as any of us."

So, with that, why did you even suggest that I try to Boost your Stealth at all? ;)


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Glitch Repair Time: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 1, 5) = 22
Glitches are Different from Vehicle Fatigue and so are easier to Repair time wise, as long as you have parts. It is also a -1 to your roll, but Anya still made it, so it is done. So you can save the boost for the Notice/Stealth as mentioned.

It takes Anya all of 22 minutes to fix the antenna and the screen in the Mountaineer and you are ready to go for the next morning, once you get some shuteye.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

"Why boost me more? 'Cause if a little is good, a LOT is even MOAR betterer...er....er.

That's, like, the motto of my life chummer.

Well g'night."

Answer your question? =)


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

So should everyone make their daily rolls?
DM SBM, do we have a GPS or something that could tell us with some amount of accuracy how far away we are from the target? And if needed, Burgurk will take 10 minutes or so to have the pilot back up until Burgurk can no longer hear the whine of the engines, to figure out how far away we need to land from the meeting place without giving ourselves away.

Assuming we're still rolling :

Survival & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 11, a Raise

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

The next morning Anya gets up bright and early and takes her daily morning bourbon with a shot of coffee.

"Alright, Imma go scout ahead and see what we're up against. I'll radio back what I find."

And with that, she's off, stealth mode enabled.

Pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 2
WILD Pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
WILD Notice!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Stealth!: 1d8 ⇒ 4
WILD Stealth!: 1d6 ⇒ 2

>>>Don't sorry, guys. If I see something worth fighting there's at LEAST a 38% chance of me waiting for you instead of just jumping in on my own.

Hey, maybe 39.<<<


Savage Rifts RotRwT

November 1st, 109 P.A., 9:47am. 38 degrees, Partly Cloudy, Light Wind. 124 miles from Garnet Town. 1000 yards to Transfer Point Charlie.

Pvt Casey Driving: 1d6 ⇒ 3
No GPS, as there are no satellites that anyone has access to. You have a mapping system on the Mountaineer, but most everything you have is based on old school navigation combined with some high tech monitoring and tracking systems. The coordinates you were given were essentially 'go this direction for this time, the landmark is this, this city should be here, etc.' As for rolling, it's already done, I'll set you guys where you should be to be as far as possible to not be detected immediately.

You drive slowly ahead and find a spot overlooking a small valley. A small copse of trees hide your presence for the time being, but at this range, it is hard to tell just how far out any patrols might be. As Anya gets closer than the rest of you, she reports back that there is at least thirty CS soldiers meandering about, looking busy and not really paying attention to much, at least until she notices a large vehicle approaching from the opposite side of the valley. It is then that the soldiers start to straighten up and move about. It will take a few minutes for the vehicle to reach the edge of the circle.

All but Anya are at 1000 yards. She is at 500 yards away.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Is there 30 soldiers total maintaining a 1000 yard radius circle? How far away is the vehicle? How many soldiers are on that side of the circle? Basically I'm trying to gauge if I should/can swoop in and attack the car now before it reaches the circle of safety.

>>>Got a car on the move coming in. I might have a chance to zap it before it gets into the mother egg of the camp.<<<


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Approximately 30 troops? Any robot or powered armour support? What about vehicles? Standard coalition troop transports, or something different?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Anya, remember the mission! We are here to rescue some Castle comrades, and they could very well be in that vehicle! Do NOT shoot it!"


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"See! That's why I think Burgurk would make a more informed commander."

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

"Oh yes its much.much much better to wait until the target is inside a guarded and secured hardened facility so we can get them with a.plan that we don't have yet, rather than engage a single unguarded vehicle.

See instead of yelling dumb things you could be.trying to help with stuff like 'well Wraith if you think its a good idea then go for it but try and shoot the engine or the tires then you can kill the squishy guards at will and have targets back before any even knows they're gone'.

See.this is why neither of you should be.leader."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"And if you had stated that you intended shooting out the tires in the first place, we wouldn't even be having this conversation."

Burgurk may or may not add one of the following two options, depending on the answer to Shakti's question about any vehicles at the camp.... Also, DM SBM, how many yards is the incoming vehicle from the camp *right now*?

"I suggest this : Anya shoots out the tires immediately, while the vehicle is far from the camp. Shakti and I get in our vehicle immediately, and drive as fast as possible to the incoming vehicle. Hopefully we can rescue our comrades before the camp troops can reach us."

"I suggest this : Anya shoots out the tires immediately, while the vehicle is far from the camp. Shakti and I get in our vehicle immedately, and drive to intercept any vehicles coming from the camp, while Anya deals with any CS troops in the incoming vehicle, and tries to free our comrades."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

This sounds like a chase scene coming up... when you guys start your actions I will pull cards and let you know distances again. Just give me a plan for everyone.

Anya reports that the only vehicle she spots in the area is the incoming Coalition APC. Otherwise, the ground troops appear to have standard armor and weapons at this distance. The troops are all inside a 300 yard radius circle, Anya is 500 yards away from the center, the Mountaineer and the rest of you are 1000 yards. The APC on the opposite side is 200 yards from the outer circle and so is 700 yards from Anya at the moment. It is approaching slowly.

Jaq:
The rest of the trip consisted of taking care of Ariel and avoiding the imagined stares of the soldiers as the one giving orders had told them to leave you two alone the rest of the trip. This brought some respite, but not much. Ariel's condition seemed to stabilize with your care and it appears that some of the other soldiers had come down with the same thing. They didn't trust you to help them, so a few tried to tough it out and didn't make it. Your benefactor had them burned after he made Jackson collect and cleanse their armor. The chitchat told you that you were almost to your destination and now with the vehicle slowing down, Ariel seems to be feeling better as she cracks one of her famous smiles. "Are we there yet?"


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 2 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 12/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

GM:

"Shh," Jaq hisses, a smile of her spreading across her face, "they'll turn this thing around if we keep asking that."

She is happy to see her friend in good spirits again, even with the impending doom hanging over the both of them. With escape unlikely even if she knows where to go afterwards, she decides that the best defiance she can put up is to be unrelentingly cheerful along side Ariel.

"Besides, I'm not so worried about being there as there being some cabana boys and fruity drinks when we get there. I mean, this is supposed to be the five-star vee-eye-pee tour of the Coalition, isn't it?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"I suggest this : Anya shoots out the tires immediately, while the vehicle is far from the camp. Shakti and I get in our vehicle immediately, and drive as fast as possible to the incoming vehicle. Hopefully we can rescue our comrades before the camp troops can reach us.

Any suggestions? We must act fast!"

DM SBM - if the APC is 200 yards from the "outer circle" I assume that means it's 500 yards from the center? If so, Anya is 1000 yards from the APC, otherwise if she is really 700 yards away from it, it is already within the circle of troops :

APC is 200 yards from the radius of troops circle :
APC - 200 yards - troops circle edge - 300 yards - troops center - 500 yards - Anya - 500 yards - Mountaineer

Anya is 700 yards from APC :
Troops circle edge - 100 yards - APC - 200 yards - troops center - 500 yards - Anya - 500 yards - Mountaineer

Altho this may not necessarily all be in a straight line.
Sorry to get so nit-picky, just trying to understand the situation.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

P.S. - I didn't view Discussion until after posting the above, and discovered that Anya agrees with me (and we even made the same kind of maps!)


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Please see my discussion post for my current state of mind...my apologies for the math being off. Now that I'm getting a tiny bit of time this evening, doing the math in my head again, yes, Anya is 1000 yards from the APC total. The rest of you guys are 500 yards from her so 1500 yards from the APC. Almost 1 mile. If I get a chance, I'll do up a map, but as I planned this as a chase, I hadn't made one yet.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

What are the other PC's reactions to Burgurk's suggestion? We can be hammering out a strategy while DM SBM is busy...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"We are fairly far from the vehicle. We may not be able to get there before their reinforcements arrive. However, these soldiers do not look particularly formidable. We can probably manage it nonetheless."

"Would it be helpful to cause a distraction? The appearance of a dragon or Neuron Beast might help to keep them preoccupied."

"If we are able to get close enough to their vehicle, I may be potentially able to Teleport inside, and remove the crew. As a secondary advantage, we could then recommission the transport for our own purposes."

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

"Good plans, guys. I'll zoom there as fast as I can and try to immobilize them.

You all do what you can as soon as you can.

All of those things would be great, Shakti. Tell Private I-Forgot-His-Name to step on it and get you guys here as quick as you can. I'll start shooting them with guns and see how that goes."

Anya zooms ahead, weapons powering up.

Okay, so, my longest ranged weapon are the lasers at 150/300/600. I guess those ranges are in 'inches' and 1 inch = 2 yards so that's...time passes...300 yards/ 600 yards/ 1200 yards. ... I've got a flying pave of 24, so I wanna try to get to at least medium range. Both so I have a better chance of hitting, and so I don't expose myself to soldier fire. Mind you, I've never been in a chase so if they turn around and start a chase that's good too!


Savage Rifts RotRwT

CS Troops Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 3
CS APC Notice: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (5) = 13
CS Troops Agility: 1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 1
CS APC Driving: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Pvt Casey Driving: 1d6 ⇒ 4

For when you guys are ready for the chase:

Shakti, Burgurk, Pvt. Casey- KS
CS APC- KC
Anya- JD
Jaq- 4D
CS Troops- Out This Round

Someone must have been paying attention with the sensors in the APC, as it suddenly changes direction when Anya comes flying towards it at full tilt. The troops in the cordoned area are slower to react as they look around confused. Private Casey puts metal to metal and the Mountaineer slams forward in a screeching roar, tearing down the hillside towards them.

Jaq:

You nearly bump your head as the APC suddenly switches gears and you hear yelling coming from the cockpit to the soldiers in the back. "We're under attack!"


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 2 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 12/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

GM:

After passing the time with Ariel musing on ever increasingly ridiculous arrangements for Emperor Prosek's personal pool, the two of them are almost knocked unconscious by the sudden swerve. Jaq's face falls as she hears the words. True, the chaos might give them a chance to escape, but if it was the Federation of Magic, then Jaq would almost throw her lot in with the CS Deadboys.

Almost.

"Ariel, I think we're about to fall out of the frying pan," she whispers.

GM, do the guards still have me uncuffed?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Shakti - if you can make a large beast appear between the CS troops' camp and the incoming APC, that would be great!"

More later...DM SBM, please see Discussion.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Jaq:
Yes, you are uncuffed, as is Ariel, but she is no condition to fight.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 1/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Who are we waiting on? Are we waiting on me?

"Gah! I haven't even -done- anything yet and they're already taking evasive maneuvers," Anya yells in annoyance, hellburning through the air as fast as her armor can take. "I could be bringing them alphabet cookies and unicorn giggles! They don't know!"

As the car begins making excellent use of trees and rocks and assorted shrubbery, she sees their path might take them into an opening. She cuts her speed and brings up the advanced targettor, getting ready for them to make a mistake!

Aim action.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Also waiting on me and Shakti...

Burgurk's primary attack range is 12/24/48, so I don't see there's anything he can do right now. I'm open to suggestions...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Mysticism: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Shakti closes her eyes a moment, and then brings them open wide.

As happened in the battle with Greyspear, a duplicate of herself appears outside the APC. This Shakti in turn closes her eyes, and casts.

Shape Change: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The humanoid form disappears, only to be replaced with that of a full grown Flame Wind Dragon. It ignites into flames, taking to the air, directly towards the encamped Coalition Soldiers.

Flight Pace 24


Savage Rifts RotRwT

@Burgurk- You are technically at Close range to at least the Troops. Because of Casey's driving, you got a high card and can attack anyone you wish!

The sudden appearance of a dragon on the battlefield certainly changes the way the Coalition Forces react. All of the troops begin to run for cover as they grab up their laser rifles and begin firing.

Anya closes with the APC, trying to get a decent firing solution.

I'll let Burgurk do his thing and then on to the next round.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

DM SBM, feel free to nerf this, I know I'm trying to get away with a lot (but it *is* RIFTS, after all...)

Burgurk uses his new-found Kinetic Mastery :

Kinetic Mastery: Over a Large Burst Template centered anywhere within 12”, the Psycho-K has control over matter as a simple extension of her mind. She may use her mind to move, control, and activate objects weighing less than 5 times her spirit die type as a free action with no roll. As an action, she can create environmental effects that impose a −2 to Trait rolls (−4 with a raise). For any Trait rolls, use the Psionics skill. None of these effects cost ISP.
Note : my Close Range is 12", so I'm assuming this will reach the Troops.

So as I read it, I may lift up to 50 pounds of stuff in a LBT with no roll and no ISP. Can I lift 50 pounds of dust and dirt around the troops? Or is that considered an "environmental effect", requiring a roll? What's the difference? If a roll is neeeded :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 2 no, No, NO! Spending a Benny...

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 2 = Success, so they're at -2 to Shooting, Agility, etc.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Just lifting an object or objects within that limit costs nothing, but turning it into an effect does. With that roll:

The ground around the troops starts to shudder and shake, dust and debris rising up to form a swirling cloud of particulates raking against the armor of the soldiers, causing them to scurry for whatever cover they could find, a flaming dragon hot on their collective tails..

Round 2, need Pilot roll from Anya so I can draw for her.

Pvt. Casey Driving: 1d6 ⇒ 3
CS APC Driving: 1d6 ⇒ 3
CS Soldiers Agility: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 31d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Hmm... Looks like the debris caused enough of a distraction that no one gets cards this turn, unless Anya rolls well enough..

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,092 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.