Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,901 to 1,950 of 1,994 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"I suggest that we all take up positions around the CS tent for a day, and follow anyone who leaves it to see where they go. If we're lucky, someone will go to where the prisoner is."

DM SBM - a platoon is how many? Thanks!

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

"That is a wonderful idea. We can totally do that."

Then she flies up in the air.

"Of course, we haven't "technically" tried the talking way. I can be pretty persuasive.

Also, I need to know their official stance. Funny thing, knowing someone's official can stance can actually make violence -easier-.

I know right?

Back me up."

With that she zooms off and lands in front of the main CS tent and addresses the first CS soldier she sees.

"Greetings! I am Anya WhiteAngel, Plenipotentiary of Castle Refuge and Commander of the Garrison for Garnet Town.

Take me to your leader."

Then she snickers. She always wanted to say that.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk growls and runs after her, summing her up in his mind : "Headstrong, chaotic, doesn't think of consequences..."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

A platoon is usually three to four squads of soldiers, in this case, you were given two squads, as that was all they could spare at the moment. A squad is about 8 to 10 men, so you have 20 altogether.

As Anya lands, the two CS Soldiers release their laser rifles from their shoulders and point them in her direction, the expressions on their faces invisible underneath their black helmets. "Appointments only. If the commander wanted to see you, he woul..."

The soldier is interrupted by the tent flap opening and a man in a CS officer's uniform stepping out. He is not wearing his armor. The two soldiers salute as he speaks. "Gentlemen, these are our friends. They want what we want, peace in the region." He looks at Anya pointedly. "Correct?" Not waiting for a response, he continues. "Please, come in to my humble office. The actions of your team earlier saved this town from corruption by a Federation terrorist. I owe you at least a chat."

He half salutes the men outside and they return to their guard duties. He holds the flap open for all of you to enter. You find that he has a quite a few tables set up and a lot of electronic equipment out and functioning. He closes a datapad at what passes for his desk. Indicating some chairs, he says, "You'll pardon the spartan decorum, we don't get much in the way of comfort out here. What can I do for you?"

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Anya shoots one soldier a wink and blows the other a kiss. "'Scuse me boys, the adults are gonna have us a chat," she drawls as she stalks past them.

'I totally should-a made a joke about where I was gonna shove those rifles if they dropped hammer. But then I didn't. See how I'm growing, Viki?'

'You are a paragon of virtue,' the power armor chirps back.

Anya plops down on an offered seat, the field-chair groaning under the weight of woman and steel.

"Didn't get your name, Commander? But that's okay, because you can call me Commander, Commander.

This here is Burgurk, Captain of Special Operations, here to assistthe...peaceful transition." She looks at the CS officer meaningfully.

"And transition -is- what we're talking about here. According to the case files there was a major threat to this town which your faction was unable to neutralize, but

My.

Faction.

Was.

This was followed by a declaration from the local government that Castle Refuge would have -sole- responsibility for this locale's garrison.

But yet you people are here.

I admit that things have been kinda hectic for a tic and we had certain problems...and dragons...we had to deal with and couldn't invest this town in proper strength.

But we're here now.

Hence! Hence you are currently in violation of the aforementioned political recognition, and I would be fully within my rights to interpret this as an act of aggression.

But you seem like a reasonable fellow, so if you could please consider a strategic re-allocation away from here that would be great thanks."

'Was that better than asking if they could just consider sodding off?'

'Considerably.'

Persuasion!: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
WILD Persuasion!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

You gotta be fragging me. Bennie.

Persuasion!: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
WILD Persuasion!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
WILD Persuasion ACE!!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 13


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Anya:
Burgurk leans over, cups his hands around her ear so that no one else can hear, and whispers very quietly "How is asking them to leave going to help us find our captured comrade? Honestly, is this your idea of negotiation???"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The officer smiles, obviously amused by Anya's antics. "Ah, the little one didn't even bother to tell you my name, and yet he asks you to speak for him? How quaint. Lieutenant James Beehan, Coalition Expeditionary Forces, under the command of Captain Jonas Shrike from Fort El Dorado. You'll have to pardon my ignorance of your Legion's traditions, but I do not see any insignia denoting any of your ranks." He raises an eyebrow as he looks the team over. "I did note that your people have sent a rather small contingent of soldiers to protect Garnet Town, though I think if those Brodkil demons return or should anything else come out of that Rift, you may require additional resources. I have also noted that you did not bring better medical equipment, resource manufacturing equipment or anything else of the like. Nothing that would make this town grow and thrive. All of that and more I have at my behest. Not to mention an entire division of troops within an hour's time, if it should become necessary. Perhaps my eyes have gone bad being out here, but I see nothing of the sort behind you."

He wrings his hands a moment and then looks at a monitor, makes a face and then looks back at you. "The mayor has made her choice, sure, but I have my orders and so far, no new ones have come through. While I would like to leave you and these people to this disaster in the making, I have to stay put until new orders arrive. So, can we agree to stay out of each other's hair for the time being?"

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Burgurk:
"I know you like stalk-first-and-ask-questions-later but see how this guy is just spilling everything?" Anya quietly replies.

"So what you're saying, is that not only are you ignorant of me and my entire organizational hierarchy, but you are also saying that if, say, I, walked into the middle of your High Commander's HQ, I could just pop a squat, and when he demanded that I leave, I could just say, 'Well, I don't have orders from my people to move, so Imma stay here.'

Is that what you're saying? That it's okay to stay somewhere you're really not supposed to be as long as the voices in your head don't tell you to move yet?

So not only are you making empty excuses, but they're not even good ones! The least you could've said is that you're transports are broken down or something vague and un-verifiable like that.

And to top it all off, you've kidnapped one of my people.

So tell ya what, you give my person back, as a show of good faith, and that'll buy you some goodwill and the 'time being' gets to be longer than until my friend here gets bored.

And he can get bored real quick, just look at him! You know how these Xenos are."

She shoots Burgurk a clandestine wink.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Lieutenant Beehan smirks at Anya's rebuttal. "Then perhaps you would be able to tell the Xenos, as you call them, the same thing. That they stay where they are not welcome even when given orders to move." His smile starts to disappear. "And to think I was starting to take a liking to your team. However, there is one thing I will admit to having ignorance of. I didn't kidnap any of your people. Not my jurisdiction to do so. However, what I can do is put in a call to my superiors and see if they have captured one of yours. Then I can at least point you in the right direction. Fair?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Before Anya can open her mouth again to ruin things (thinks Burgurk), he says "Fair. And while you're at it, would you please inform your superiors of the new situation here - that the town has selected us as their protectors, that is - and ask if you should be re-assigned somewhere else in light of that?"

Burgurk is really missing his old ability to read minds right now...


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The CS Officer nods. "That information has already been passed along, but it seems they have more pressing matters to deal with. That said, I will again contact them and send one of my men to find you when I get word of your compatriot. Now if you don't mind?" He gestures towards the door.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Anya nods. "You've got 24 hours. I don't here from you, Imma assume you're trying a delaying tactic and have negotiated in bad faith.

Be seeing you."

Once they're outside, Anya says, "It's too bad we can't read minds! Then we'd know what he was thinking! Of course, you knew how he was going to answer your last question, yeah? You basically asked the same thing I did when we got here. It's okay if that's too fast for you, I work pretty quick

Anyway, yeah, let's start watching their movements. You keep an eye on the camp, and I'll help.

But if someone leaves, Imma follow them.

Oh yeah, I turn invisible as well as fly.

You should try it sometime."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Yes, I did ask the same thing that you did, but using words that he might have a chance of actually understanding. Where did you grow up, that they talk like that?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Jaq:
You awaken to the sound of gruff orders to get on your feet. Ariel slowly starts to come to, but then moves as soon as the Coalition soldiers come near with their boots and rifles. They stand you up and march the both of you out into a brightly lit garage with a large wheeled vehicle, painted in the stark black of the Coalition. You recognize it as a Mark V APC. As you blink your eyes to adjust, Ariel whispers, "Moving day, eh?" As if in answer, one of the soldiers pushes you from behind.

"Get in ladies, you're going to your new home."

You find yourself seated next to a squad of troops and about ten other prisoners. Other than Ariel, you recognize none of them. Just before the hatch door is closed however, you see someone wearing the armor of Flavian talking to the officer that was interrogating you.

The door slams shut and the vehicle starts to move.

You can finish your conversation, but to get things going, a few hours later..

As you are doing some work around Garnet Town, helping where you can, one of Beehan's soldiers approaches. He keeps his weapon strapped to his back, and puts one of his hands up in peace. He holds out the other one and puts a data disk in your hand. Saying nothing, he walks away.

The disk contains a set of coordinates and a text from Beehan. They are taking them to El Dorado. Unless you plan on taking on the entire base yourself, I suggest you meet them at this transfer station. What you do there is up to you, but I am not responsible for the orders I may be given following your actions.


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 3 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 15/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

GM:

Jaq does her best to help Ariel as they get shoved into the APC. Part of her, the part that hasn't quite been snuffed out by the horrors of the past few months, wants to study its design and see how it worked. Another part, that secretly terrifies her, wants to see it and everyone in the Coalition burn.

But at this point, resistance is futile. She'd just get herself and Ariel killed. Not willing to fall into the yawning abyss of despair, she tries to find some refuge in humor.

"And it looks like they're sending us in style," Jaq quietly quips back before getting another rifle butt for her audacity.

Any momentary levity she feels as the hatch closes is burned away by the sight of Flavian talking to the officer she'd been interrogated by. Rage scalds her throat with hot bile as she grits her teeth and promises herself that if she ever got the chance, Flavian was a dead man.

And if he'd been at Wayland's Hollow, well, she'd make it slow.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

How far away is the transfer station from Garnet Town? And how far in the future is the transfer going to take place?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

At the speed of plot.. you guys will arrive either before or after they do, your choice. It's approximately 125 miles away to the South in a place originally called Fort Smith, AR. In the Mountaineer, you get about 18 miles in a six hour time increment, you can go up to 12 hours without too much difficulty. So travel will take about three and half days if you go straight through. You can arrive up to a day ahead of them or a day after before they leave again. You may also try to intercept them in route as well, but that will be more difficult.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk thanks the man for his help, and says we owe him a favor.

"What do you all think? I'm for leaving now and going as fast as possible, I'd like to get there before the CS arrive to scope out the lay of the land."

How many does the Mountaineer seat? Can we fill any empty seats with some Extras from the platoon?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The Mountaineer needs one driver and seats 5 additional passengers. So you could fit two of your Extras if you wish, but you may want to leave space for those you are picking up as well.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

I had a mountaineer as my vehicle in another campaign; I believe they have a pretty big cargo compartment too, like the size of a pickup bed or larger.

Found the original description:

Palladium Rifts wrote:
An extremely popular armored, all-terrain vehicle. It has a pilot’s compartment that can seat five and a large, enclosed cargo bay ( 10×8×8 foot cargo area).

So, as long as they dont mind riding rough, a few troops could ride in the cargo bay.

It's called an ATV, but big-ass 3 wheeled Monster Truck is probably a more accurate way to picture it.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Yes, that is correct. The SWADE rules has it having 500 sq ft of cargo space, but the SWEX rules don't seem to list it, only in the old Rifts rulebook does it have the 'official' amount. Either way, while it has cargo space, you will need to provide supplies for yourselves and any extras you bring with it. The Mountaineer only has enough for your group to make the journey and back. Unless you want to see about stocking up before you go, i.e. a roll of some kind...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Not to argue the point too much, but that is a huge amount of space. 8x8x10 is 640 cubic feet, or 18122.782 litres. Modern MRE's have a volume of 1.5L, but take up 2.3L of storage space due to sizing and stacking. To fill that space, we'd need 7879 MRE's. With six people, 3 meals a day, that would be enough food for 437 days, without rationing. Unless this trip will take over a year, I dont think this trip will require those kind of supplies.

If there are plot reasons why we cant take more troops, or even if they decline to be transported in the cargo bay, that is all well and good, but for an average trip, the cargo bay will likely be nearly empty. In my old game, we would transport a Glitterboy and a Super Samus in that space (when not in use).


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Moving to the discussion thread..


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

So, we haven't been worrying about food and water for the entire campaign, but we have to deal with it for this trip? I don't even have any credits listed, but I don't know if I spent them all on outfitting my original build. Do we get a "salary" from the Legion? Does anyone have any credits to buy food with?
DM SBM, how much does 8 man-days (2 new people * 4 days travel) of supplies cost?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

You've been in towns mostly and you've had enough food in the Mountaineer to last you. The places you've been have been feeding you for services rendered, but even they have limited resources. I've been abstracting the resupply of your vehicle and yourselves since you've been going to friendly towns mostly. Your next stop is not friendly and there will be no resupplying there without some creative thinking on your parts.

As for money, I thought I had given you guys you first 'paycheck' a ways back, but I will have to double check, i.e. do a search of the thread. As for what you have on hand, that might require a search too, but that said, I had been considering using the Wealth and Supplies rules so as to abstract it a bit, so you didn't have to track everything. Thoughts?

Last Payment from Tomorrow Legion
Last Loot Haul

That's what I have found so far.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Taking this to Discussion...

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Anya is about to reply to Burgurk's question when she's suddenly wracked by an extended coughing fit. For some time she's not able to make any intelligible sounds save for a rough, hacking cough that shakes her whole body and leaves her doubled over.

"I think my lungs are trying to vomit--" she gets out at one point before coughing some more.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

I know we've been side-tracked by many discussions, so I'm repeating Burgurk's last question...

"What do you all think? I'm for leaving now and going as fast as possible, I'd like to get there before the CS arrive to scope out the lay of the land."

DB SBM, with 6 seats, 3 of us, and 2 on the return trip, we could take 1 Extra from the platoon with us, yes? Burgurk will go and buy 12 days of MRE's at 120 credits, to be re-paid from the Team pool once we sell all our collected stuff.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Anya finally looks up from her coughing fit, and hacks and spits. She pauses to wash out her mouth almost-definitely-bourbon.

"We can squeeze another do-da into the car. Imma can fly so Imma will fly.

Also, none of you like my jokes."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

For when you guys are ready to go:

After kitting up the Mountaineer and getting a rough idea of where you are going based on the coordinates that Lt. Beehan gave you, you finalize the selection of your team and head out from Garnet Town to intercept the transport that is supposedly holding Jaq and possibly other Legionnaires. At first, the trek is simple, as the area around Garnet Town is fairly kept up, but within an hour, you are already into the wilderness. While the vehicle can handle most terrain, there are some things it cannot and you have to spend some time backtracking before heading forward. It is almost noon when you finally make some headway and stop for lunch. It has been off and on raining all morning, but nothing serious. The only thing odd about it has been the puddles creating a rainbow of colors as you splash through them.

October 29th, 109 P.A., 12:26pm. Light drizzle, no wind. 20 miles from Garnet Town.

I'm going to need one Survival roll from whomever is navigating, one Driving roll from whomever is driving the Mountaineer and a Piloting roll from Anya, since she is flying. Whoever is on Lookout needs to make a Notice roll and if anyone else wants to do anything, they certainly can. I'll call for a roll based on what you want to do.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
WILD Notice!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Pilot!: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Pilot ACE!!: 1d4 ⇒ 3
WILD Pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"WOOoo! YeeeeeeHAW!" Anya screams as she jump-drops into -another- puddle, sending up a cascading wall of water and grinning ear to ear. Just as quickly she's rising again, looking out just as much for incoming hostiles as for a glimpse of the rainbow that her death-from-above on the water makes.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP
DM SBM wrote:

I'm going to need one Survival roll from whomever is navigating,

one Driving roll from whomever is driving the Mountaineer
Whoever is on Lookout needs to make a Notice roll

Gee, it would have been nice to know that we'd be making these rolls while traveling when we started the game, we could have collectively put some points into them. Just by sheer luck, I happened to take Survival :

Survival & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE! ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 4 = 16

Shakti - do you have Driving? DM SBM, what happens if she doesn't? Can we retroactively state that the Extra has it (maybe we picked him because he does a lot of driving)?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The soldier can drive. Otherwise, it would just be a Common Knowledge roll, because it is a ground vehicle. As for why I didn't forewarn of the skills that may or may not be needed, because I am one to let players create what they want and if you have to find someone in the story to do what you need done, that's part of the story. I guess I'm old fashioned that way, the whole 'get a henchman to do it' is still stuck in my head from old school gaming and I'm not as up with characters who can do everything. You each have your schticks and have different places to shine. Sometimes though, you have to network a bit. Shakti actually has the ability to boost all of your skills, if she so chooses to spend her power doing so.

Pvt. Casey Driving: 1d6 ⇒ 5
October 29th, 109 P.A., 6:39pm. 46 degrees, Cloudy, Light wind. 38 miles from Garnet Town. 87 miles to Transfer Point Charlie.

You drive late into the evening before settling down for the night. Though the driving is more difficult as the sun vanished from the sky about an hour ago, you manage to find a nice clearing in a forested area. Though muddy, the rain has let up, so sitting down for a dinner of MREs is somewhat more enjoyable. Other than a pack of wolves hunting what look to be deer that are almost the size of the Mountaineer, you haven't really seen much out here. You take turns on watch throughout the night and an occasional crack of what might have been thunder sounds in the distance, but otherwise, it is a peaceful night.

Alright, rolls for the next morning drive. If any of you want to do an Interlude, you are welcome to it for an extra Benny. Also, with all those raises, I'm giving everyone a Benny for excellent navigation and scouting.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

I guess this Interlude is kinda a combo of Downtime and Trek.

As Anya lands and sees the group starting to prep their MREs for the world-reknownded heating up with a 'rock or something' she feels a sense of both sublime boredom and divine inspiration.

"Imma be right back," she states before boosting back into the sky.

Her heat sensors quickly lock on to the pursuing pack of wolves and the automobile-sized sack of venison.

Her lasers zing out, disintegrating the head of the deer, dropping it instantly. The wolves, at first sensing an easy dinner, are quickly put to route after two of their number are flash-fried and left still and smoking.

Her engines whine as she carries the corpse of the deer back to camp, and she almost looses the whole thing to some tree branches, but eventually, like a cat back from a successful late-night hunt, she proudly drops the large corpse into camp, beeming.

"I brought dinner," she says happily.

"Great, do you know what to do now?" the driving private Casey asks, walking over and assessing the deer.

"Not in the least!" Anya chirps back.

"Well, shucks, mah daddy had a li'l farm an' I skinned a brace'a coonies in mah day. I reckin' this won't be too diffn't. You got a good knife or sumthin' for t' skin it an' we're in biznez."

"Got it covered," Anya quips, snapping out her vibroblades.

The two work for some time, the private directing the rocket-bunny's actions and stoking the fire, while Wraith uses her hi-tech blades to make quick work of the skin and meat.

"This is coming along quite good, Private Casey. You got a first name?" Wraith asks, finding herself enjoying the hard work and expert direction.

"Heh, mah name's Zacharia, but everyone just calls me Zax."

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Zax," she says, shaking hands and liking him.

Anya cuts large slabs of meat that Zax spears on a thick stick. While those cook for supper, Zax has Anya slice thin stripes, and sets those against the spit to smoke and keep for later.

"Wow, this is -good-. Like, really really good," Anya says around a mouthful of hot viand, savoring the natural flavors.

"Oh, I used to cook like this all the time. Swamprat stew, weedrat rotisserie, woodrat wurst...I guess we ate rat a lot."

"Ha! If it was anything like this it sure beats the horns off soyEGG and REALbacon...which had no actual bacon in it. It was mostly soy."

'Do...do I wanna kiss this guy?' Anya thinks, suddenly confused. 'I kinda don't...but I feel like I should. What am I feeling now?"

Anya was feeling friendship. But she didn't know it.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Casey's Morning Drive: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Hmm.. I will still need another Survival roll and Notice roll as well as Piloting check from Anya, since she is doing her own thing.

After a full meal last night and a fairly decent breakfast, you head out, ready to face the day's travels.

Jaq:
Stopping for a quick bite what passed for food that they gave you, something gray and bland, then for a few minutes of name calling before moving out again was starting to get old. The only saving grace was that the soldiers guarding you were appearing to get bored with the ways in which they could mentally torture you and Ariel. The other prisoners with you seemed to take it in stride, but you could tell it wasn't long before someone would break. You also notice that Ariel wasn't looking so good the next morning. Her face more pale than usual, she barely said a few words to you and those words were without her usual smile.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Anya stores the smoked meat and again zooms off, doin her thang.

pilot!: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 4
notice: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 3 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 15/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

GM:

Jaq's worry grows. Ariel always seemed like one of those people that is always able to smile, no matter what. Now, she wasn't sure if Ariel would make it through the trip. By mid-morning, as she feels Ariel shivering and hears her friend's incoherent mutterings, she has made up her mind. When they let them out for the lunch, such as it was, Jaq cautiously walks up to one of the guards.

"Is there a medic? My friend's sick. She needs help. Please, she's barely able to stay awake. There's something wrong with her," she says as quickly as she can without the words getting garbled, and hopefully before the guards can batter her some more for her impertinence.


Interlude:

Word had come in that Tolkeen had fallen just hours before, but the fighting in Wayland's Hollow raged on. Even ten miles away, Jaq and her cousin, Landon, could hear Federation and Coalition forces fighting. They'd been tasked with checking up on one of their many uncles who had been manning a sniper's nest on one of the approaches to the foundries. Other sentries had heard weapon fire, and all hails hadn't been answered. The two of them grew more and more tense as they approached, wondering when they'd run into a patrol of Dead Boys or some fiendish monster summoned by the Federation of Magic would show up around the next corner.

They found the nest, their arrival heralded by eerie silence. They could see a man laying face down, his hands cradling a rifle. His skin deathly pale. Out in the streets were the corpses of at least four Coalition Dead Boys. They approached carefully, their inexperience and the aftershocks of their first taste of mortality taking hold of them and making them timid. they were unsurprised to find their uncle dead. A bloodstained bandage over his belly was a clear sign he'd been wounded, but something about the bandage struck them as wrong. Landon pulled it back and his face twisted in mingled sympathy and horror.

"Uncle Sho, you idiot," he muttered as Jaq peered around to see. The wound was obviously infected.

"Go tell the others, Jaq. Tell them he died defending his post," Landon told her. She nodded and looked back as Landon got the nest ready again, taking up Uncle Sho's position.

She could remember how angry he looked, and she understood it. There were few enough of them as it was. Uncle Sho never reported being wounded, or the wound getting infected. He stayed and held his post, dying after spending everything he had to drive off the coalition probing the defenses.

Two weeks later, she had watched helplessly as Landon's head was crushed by a demon's claws while they covered a family they were rescuing from being stranded. The demon was shredded moments later, but she knew even then she'd never forget the smell of blood that followed her as she covered the retreat. Her face had been half covered by his blood.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Survival & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 2


Savage Rifts RotRwT

October 30th, 109 P.A., 1:22pm. 47 degrees, Cloudy, Light wind. 56 miles from Garnet Town. 69 miles to Transfer Point Charlie. Mountaineer Fatigued.

As you drive along, you come to a broken spot of Pre-Rifts buildings, most of which are long destroyed. You take some time to travel around them, going through an area of small hills and tiny rivulets. Private Casey does a fairly good job of traversing the terrain in the Mountaineer, but he misses one of the turns that Burgurk indicates and as he goes to double back, he drops the vehicle into a crevasse of shattered concrete and steel. The vehicle takes some scrapes and as you work your way out, you notice that one of the wheels seems to be out of alignment. You figure it will take about an hour to fix it, or you could travel on after lunch with a noticeable lurch in the driving. Private Casey repeats himself to Burgurk, "I'm so sorry, sir. So sorry. I was thinking about the dinner Anya.. er.. Specialist Whiteangel and I made. I wasn't paying attention."

So, you can spend an hour Repairing the vehicle and move on or you can stop here for the day and repair the vehicle, or you can simply just keep driving. Or something else, of course.

Jaq:
One of the helmeted Dead Boys turns in Jaq's direction. He stands as he waves off one of the other soldiers trying to hold him back. "It's a trick." You hear him mutter. The standing one approaches, unsnapping the laser pistol on his hip.

"You've been quiet so far. Don't make me have to fill out paperwork." He goes over to check on Ariel, removing an armored glove to check her pulse. He then place his hand on her chest, watching it slowly rise and fall. He replaces his glove as he stands. "Winston. Get the IRMSS over here. Jackson. Destroy the rest of that meat. It's infected." When the soldiers get to their jobs, he looks at you, his helmet a blank slate. "Well, are you going to help her or not?" He points at the IRMSS. "Do you know how to use one of these?


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 3 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 15/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

GM:

"I-I think so," she says, not really familiar with coalition tech, but Jaq is a smart cookie.

Not sure what to roll here, so here's my best guess.
Healing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 3 Bennie
Healing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 2 Another Bennie
Healing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 ⇒ 5 There we go.

Knowledge(Computers or Electronics): 1d4 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 4 phew, just barely if this one was needed.

It takes some time, but Jaq manages to figure out the unfamiliar interface and issue the proper commands. She watches as the robots go to work and she wonders why they didn't bother patching Ariel up properly. Her parents had always taught her that if you want to be better than someone, then you should treat them with kindness. The Coalition seems to preach the evils of magic and education while ignoring their own. She wonders if they even realize the kinds of monsters they are, or even care.

The beeping chime the IRMSS draws her from her reverie. She undoes the connections and turns to the soldier watching over her.

Kill them with kindness, she hears her mother say.

"Thank you," she tells the man as she helps Ariel to her feet. She hesitates for a moment before asking, "D-did you fight at Wayland's Hollow?"

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2

Any flies down and lands in superhero pose because of course she does.

"You guys stopped moving. Something up?"

I'm all for fixing it and moving on. Shakti, can you boost someone's skill for repair?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Let's spend however long it takes to fix things right, then continue traveling until it gets dark. I definitely want to beat the CS to the meeting place."

If Shakti is using AB, the duration for B/L Trait is only 3 rounds (18 seconds), with 1 PP per round thereafter, so not much help for an hour-long task. If, OTOH, she's using the Supers rules and has Super Sorcery, AFAIK she could use Super Skill indefinitely (but only on herself).


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Or Shakti could also cast it as a ritual, but it will take her some extra time to do so. It will make the spell last long enough to repair the vehicle. 30 minutes, 3 Spellcasting rolls at -1. Need 4 successes total (raise counts as a success). Will make the duration into 3 hours.

Jaq:
The IRMSS goes to work, giving a readout of Ariel's condition. There is some sort of foreign bacteria present in her blood stream. The soldier notes this and says, "Winston. Do a med check on everyone. That meat was bad. We may need to inoculate the squad." When Winston goes off to do as he was told, the soldier looks back at you. "It doesn't look good on my record if a prisoner dies on my watch. So I'm going to do what I can to keep it that way." He paused for a moment, the helmet not giving you an idea of what his face might look like. "Wayland's Hollow? Wasn't that one of the cleanup operations after Tolkeen fell? I didn't serve there, no. I'm from Lone Star. I've only been recently ordered to El Dorado. Stories got passed around from others who have been reassigned there. Why do you ask?"


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Or Shakti might not even know casting as a ritual was even a thing, and might have to go look that up...


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 3 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 15/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

By the way, it's amazing what you'll forget when you don't play a character a lot.

GM:

Jaq hesitates when asked why she was curious about that. The truth is, even she isn't sure why she wanted to know, it isn't like she can do anything if he'd been involved in the atrocities. Perhaps it was some misguided attempt to try and make someone, anyone from the Coalition States understand how people like her were not any different.

"It was my home," she answers her voice soft and broken. "I can remember every terrible thing I witnessed in the months of fighting. Calling it a clean up operation is just hiding what really happened. The Coalition States and the Federation of Magic hammered away at each other trying to get Wayland's Hollow first, and we were trapped in the middle. I had a big family, but now, I don't even know if any of them are alive. For all I know, I'm the last one left."

Even as she tells him, she wonders why she is bothering. He doesn't care, why should he? He has a job and that job is to ferry the scum of the earth that seems somewhat compliant to where they'll be broken, or dead.

"She suffered a lot of burns when they captured us," she says changing the subject and half-hoping the man will press the issue of Waylands Hollow anyway. "They didn't do a good job of patching her up. She probably has an infection from that. She was behaving as if she didn't feel well before we got on your transport."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

DM-SBM - I couldn't find anything about magic rituals specifically in SWD, SWD RIFTS, or SWADE. Oh wait, are you using a SWADE "challenging" Dramatic Task with 10-minute actions and no Action Cards? That requires her to get at least 1 Raise on one of the rolls (assuming *no* Failures).
If so, then Shakti - just make your 3 Spellcasting rolls at -1 and count your Successes and Raises. I'm assuming you could spend Bennies for re-rolls as usual.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

SWADE RIFTS Magic Rules. Basically using a Dramatic Task to increase the power of magic. Psionics, like Burgurk, can do the same with Meditations. For Magic, it usually costs a lot in materials, but I'm waiving that for this one since I presume most of you will spend time helping find said materials while she is casting. Bennies are allowed of course. Of course you could also spend the time to search for a Ley Line and increase her power that way.

Jaq:
The soldier appears to actually listen to your story, but only responds when you turn your attention back to Ariel. "Then it is good that she still has you to care for her. When we get to Way Point Charlie, I will see about requisitioning some more medical attention for her." He stands to leave. "We need to pack up and get moving. I'm going to trust that you aren't going to run away if I leave your hands unbound so you can administer to her while we are en route. Don't make me regret it." With that, he turns and starts barking orders to the other troops.

Sovereign Court

Pr3tTy G1rl |PA: TOU: 25(12) |B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 |P4rry 5/D0dge: TN 5 |T0ughne$$: 12(4) | P4ce: 6 |Cha:+2| N0t1ce: d4+2
Jaquline "Jaq" Cho wrote:
By the way, it's amazing what you'll forget when you don't play a character a lot.

I know, right?

"Hold up, I think I have some chrome in here that might be up to the task," Wraith says as she taps her head. "I fraggin swear I got so much shiny all up in this that I can't keep track of it all."

She clears her head and lets her Core Electronics Package take in the damage.

Untrained Repair plus CYBER!: 1d4 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) - 2 + 4 = 5
WILD Untrained Repair plus CYBER!: 1d6 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) - 2 + 4 = 3

"Huh. I think I got something here."

Forgot I had this. =)


Female Human Techno-Wizard Bennies: 3 Wounds: 3/3 PPE: 15/15 Status: [NONE] Pace: 6, Parry: 4, Toughness: 9(4), Size: 0, Charisma: +2 (+4 while speaking)

GM:

"What chance would I have if I tried to run away," Jaq asks, "I don't even know where I am or where to go. I'd just wind up getting both Ariel and me killed."

1,901 to 1,950 of 1,994 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.