Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,086 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"Charge, Cavaliers!", Sir Humphrey roars as he leaps over the walls, crashing into the thickest of the enemy lines. His hammer held high into the skies, and sword in arm, he begins singing, as his weaponry begins turning the area around him red with blood.

♪♫♬-"Let rogues and cheats prognosticate,-", he screams musically into the faceless helm of a soldier, briefly before caving his head in two with his gavel. Stowing his swords in the guts of another, he continues, ♪♫♬-"concerning king's, or kingdom's fate,-" The unhinged maniac continues his path of shattered bones and broken armour, yet it would appear that striking in tune with his song is a little more important to him than warring, as he seems to pause his strikes to hit at the end of each stanza.

Rolls/OoC:

Initial action, go off the handle.
I'll go for two extra actions, for a nice even -4.

Attack, Impact Hammer, Berserk, against enemy without a shield, Trademark Weapon: 1d12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + (2, 3) + 3 = 13 +2 from Berserk, +1 from Armour.
Potential Raise Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4 Potential Damage: 13(17)

Attack, Impact Hammer: 1d12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (6, 4) + 3 = 14 +2 from Berserk, +1 from Armour.
Explosion: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Potential Raise Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2 Potential Damage: 19(21)

Attack, Impact Hammer: 1d12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (2, 4) + 3 = 10 +2 from Berserk, +1 from Armour.
Potential Raise Damage(s): 2d10 ⇒ (8, 9) = 17 Potential Damage 10(27)

Attack, Vibro-Sword, Berserk, against enemy without a shield. Phew: 1d12 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 11
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d8 + 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + (9) + 3 = 20 +2 from Berserk, +1 from Armour.
Explosion: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Potential Raise Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Potential Damage 24(26) AP 4

Wow. That's one damn long crunch-y spoiler!

Rolls in case someone decides retreat is an option.:

Impact Hammer: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + (3, 1) + 3 = 12 Eh. Could be better, but that's the summary of angry smacks.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk runs to get closer to the armored men :

Run: 1d6 ⇒ 3

And then lies prone behind another tree.

Map updated.
5 Bennies!
ISP = 62


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Power Armor Combat:

Shooting: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 31d8 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

The two remaining power armors fire missiles from their forearms towards the battlefield, but the shots go wide, exploding harmlessly near the ogres and destroying a young tree near Atlas and Shakti.

Fearing for nothing but disappointing king and country, Humphrey leaps into the breach and starts tearing through the troops.

Round 4:

Initiative-
Sir Humphrey- Joker-
Atlas- KH- Quickness (Aimed, no less than 8 Draw, 3 rounds)-
Enemy Power Armor- JH-
New Troops- 10S-
Burgurk- 10H-
Jalera- 9D-
Shakti- 6H-
Air Strike in 2 rounds..

So Sir Humphrey got the Joker this time and everyone gets a Benny for that, however, I seem to be missing something where he is allowed 3 attacks with the same weapon. Maybe it's because I'm under the weather. I will adjust as needed. Otherwise, Atlas is up next.

.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

That would partly be because I declared I'm taking three actions and having an off-hand weapon. That said, I declared the -4 at the start of the round, but I forgot to add it to my rolls. Guilty!


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Sir Humpty, I think what he is getting at is that while you may declare multiple actions in a round, one of the rules of Savage Worlds is that you cannot perform the same action twice in a round, at least not without an Edge that allows you to do so. So without Frenzy, you cannot attack twice with the same weapon. I took a quick look at your character, and I see that while you have Two Fisted, you do not have Ambidextrous, so any attacks made with your off hand are also done at -2. However, with the two fisted edge, that attack does not count as an extra action, so you would not suffer a penalty to your dominant hand. So, as it stands, you can do a dominant hand attack with no penalty, an off hand attack at -2, but that it it. Does that make sense?

If he swapped one of his edges for Frenzy, he could make a dominant hand attack at -2, another dominant hand attack at -2, and an off hand attack at -4 (as Frenzy causes -2 to all combat rolls). With Improved Frenzy, the penalty would be -0, -0, and -2. With Improved Frenzy and Ambidextrous, all three attacks could be made with no penalty.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Ah. I have Ambidextrous, though I initially added the advancements down into the Advancement sections, and not up at the starting ones, which I now see is confusing. I see the issue here, I got confused with the SW Adventure Edition (Which I'm playing in two other games, where doing the same action twice is a-ok.

I'll re-do Sir Humphrey with the original stats, which do include Frenzy (and also Florentine.), before my next turn!

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Okay, I'm firing the railgun at the power armor, but shooting 3 HE grenades at the line of infantry in a spread.

All the DICE! All of them!:

Full Auto 1! Auto and MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 14
Full Auto 2! Auto and MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 10
Full Auto 3! Auto and MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 8
Full Auto 4! Auto and MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 10
WILD Full Auto! Auto and MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) - 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 8

Full Auto Damage 1! raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 7) + (4) + 4 = 21
Full Auto Damage 2! raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + (2) + 4 = 15
Full Auto Damage 3! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 + (2) = 15
Full Auto Damage 4! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8, 8) + 4 + (6) = 26
ACE ACE!!: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 = 34

Grenade1! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) - 2 + 2 + 4 = 11
Grenade2! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 2 + 4 = 14
Grenade3! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) - 2 + 2 + 4 = 10
WILD Grenade! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 2 + 4 = 14

Grenade1 Damage w/raise!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3) + (5) = 20
Grenade2 Damage w/raise!!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) + (3) = 16
Grenade3 Damage w/raise!!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) + (1) = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Savage Rifts RotRwT

I haven't upgraded to the Adventure Edition yet, but I did Kickstart the Savage Rifts new books and that will include an update to that edition. At some point we may have to look into some editing for that.

The third power armor pilot is annihilated as several magnetically accelerated rounds shred the chestplate and pauldrons of the Predator Armor as if it wasn't even there. The other one seems determined to get to Atlas. Wheeling towards him, the pilot fires another missile. Atlas lets go of a few grenades before the missile can reach him and several explosions send many of the troops diving for what cover they can find, some attempting to fire back at whatever they can see. The rest don't get back up. The missile falls short and sends a volley of rocks and debris skyward instead. In the middle of that, the Mountaineer takes a few blasts from the laser fire, but it still seems to be standing and all but one of the ogres remains. Meanwhile, some of the troops surround Sir Humphrey, their red coats flapping in the breeze, bayonets affixed. He easily sidesteps each and everyone of them, blades flashing and clanging, but one, one gully sucker gets him. In the back. The wound is deep. Before he is able to register it, another one cuts him as well...

Power Armor Combat:

Missiles: 1d8 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 - 2 - 2 = -3
Deviation: 1d12 ⇒ 42d10 ⇒ (9, 8) = 17

Trooper Combat:

Recovery: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fighting SirH: 1d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 41d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 91d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 51d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 61d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 51d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 71d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 = 101d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 61d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 61d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 = 101d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 71d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 31d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 31d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6
Knife Hit 1: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 8) = 162d8 ⇒ (8, 7) = 151d8 ⇒ 7
Knife Hit Two: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
Shoot at Atlas: 1d8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 - 2 = -1
Shoot at Shakti: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Shoot at Mountaineer: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Shoot at Burgurk: 1d8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 - 2 = 4
Shoot at Ogre 1: 1d8 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 7
Shoot at Ogre 2: 1d8 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 4
Shoot at Ogre 3: 1d8 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 8
Shoot at Ogre 4: 1d8 ⇒ 21d8 ⇒ 8
Mountaineer Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 121d6 ⇒ 5
Ogre 1 Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3) = 103d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6) + (6, 3) = 20
Ogre 2 Damage: 3d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) + (5) = 16
Ogre 3 Damage: 3d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5) + (1) = 153d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3) = 9
Ogre 4 Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) = 8

Round 4:

Initiative-
Sir Humphrey- Joker- Smash and Stab
Atlas- KH- Quickness (Aimed, no less than 8 Draw, 3 rounds)- Keep Firing..
Enemy Power Armor- JH- Fire and Maneuver
New Troops- 10S- Maneuver and Fire
Burgurk- 10H-
Jalera- 9D-
Shakti- 6H-
Air Strike in 2 rounds..

Sir Humphrey a 3 wound hit to Soak, if you so choose. You have lots of Bennies... You also have a Shaken Hit as well. Otherwise, everyone is up!!

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas chuckles, deep and guttural. No matter what happens this day, he wanted to make a show against the flying armor.

To prove to himself

that he had worth.

We would smile, if he still had lips.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Ah. Right. The original build I've had in Discussion has been now re-introduced to Sir Humphrey. Now, as a Crazy, he gets a -2 flat to all attacks targeting him, which stacks with the Deflection, and the original Florentine adds a -1 to the ganging up bonuses. Which would convert the first attack into a parry (as it's a total of 1d8+4-1-2-2, or 1d8-1, and is a total of 10 against his parry of 11. The second one does equal his parry, though, but I don't know if it passes past his Berserk toughness of 12 (4 from armour). If the knife does have 4 AP, though, then that's a shaken, which I'll spend a Benny to remove as soon as I get it.

As Sir Humphrey feels a blade pass his armour, he lets out a scream of joy which interrupts his song. "Good hit, sir!", he roars at the man with mirth. "You are a cavalier, and a gentleman!", he continues, as he brings down his gavel on his honourable opponent, the impact hammer burying itself deep into the man's helmet. The momentum of the hammer continues, as another man is scattered onto the fields of battle. His vibrosword goes through another man's ribs, as Sir Humphrey continues his campaign of carnage, and another song begins ringing out from his bellows. "All together now! "♫♬-"Men of Harlech, march to glory,", he screams out in the faces of his enemies.

Rolls/OoC:

Fighting, Frenzy, Berserk, vs enemies with 1 weapon: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + (6, 2) + 3 = 19
Explosions: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (2) = 9 28 total

Fighting 2: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Ooh! Random enemy gets hit instead!
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (4, 2) + 3 = 10
Bah! Bennies!

Fighting 2: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 [/ooc]
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + (3, 6) + 3 = 20
Explosions: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (5) = 13
Explosions: 1d8 ⇒ 2 35 total

Fighting 3, Vibro-sword: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild Explosion: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + (1, 2) + 3 = 8 AP 4, so probably at least a shaken?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

According to my interpretation, I'm now within 18" of the group of soldiers, so no Range penalty...

Burgurk tries to mind-fry another one of the armored men :
Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 2

doing
Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 6, 6, 1) = 25
Damage ACE! ACE!: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6 = 31

DM SBM, pick a target, any target...
5 Bennies!
ISP = 58


Savage Rifts RotRwT

That does change things a bit Sir Humphrey, I had forgotten about the Super Reflexes taking the -2 off attacks and the Florentine does change the Gang Up bonus, so that would have been a parry and the blades only have AP2, so you should be good then.

As a soldier is taken by Burgurk's power and shaken literally to pieces, Sir Humphrey keeps fighting with furious abandon, smashing two more, but one is able to block his sword strike. In the distance, the unmistakable sound of jet engines is getting closer.

Round 5:

Initiative-
Sir Humphrey- AD- Fight all the things..
Burgurk- JS-
Atlas- 8S- Quickness (Aimed, no less than 8 Draw, 3 rounds)-
Shakti- 8D-
New Troops- 8C-
Enemy Power Armor- 5D-
Jalera- 4D-
Air Strike in 1 round..

Burgurk and Atlas are up and Shakti has two round worth of actions, then the troops, if any are left, will go.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Round 4a

Quickness: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Greater Boost: Shooting: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Teleport: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
PPE spent is 1+2+1=4

Round 4b

Quickness on Sir H: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d10 ⇒ 2

Hell of a lot of dice:

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d6 ⇒ 5
Damage on 9 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) + 1 + (3) = 17
Damage on 12 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 1 + (6) + (1) = 15
Damage on 10 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1) + 1 + (2) + (6) + (3) = 23
Damage on 5 roll: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) + 1 = 8

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 ⇒ 3
Damage on 5 roll: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) + 1 = 8
Damage on 4 roll: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) + 1 = 12
Damage on 7 roll: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) + 1 = 13

Shakti casts a few bluffs on herself before teleporting into the fray right near Sir Humphrey. She touches his shoulder, imparting a mystical gift in the form of accelerated Speed. She then unloads with her blasters, ripping through the enemy ranks at point blank range.

"Sir Himphrey, we 'Port out of here in 6 seconds; make them count!

Sir H, this will give you another full turn before the baddy's action in turn 5.

Round 5a

Shakti continues blindingly rapid laser fire, tearing the enemy troops to shreds. Somewhere in the midst of all the fire she reloads one of the rifles with a free hand, never slowing down with the other.

Even more dice:
Shooting: 1d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (5) = 181d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d6 ⇒ 5

Damage on 18 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) + 1 + (2) = 13
Damage on 8 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6) + 1 + (6) + (2) + (6) + (5) = 31
Damage on 8roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 1 + (6) + (6) + (1) = 23
Damage on 8 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) + 1 + (1) + (5) = 23

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d6 ⇒ 5

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (2) = 81d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d6 ⇒ 1

Damage on 12 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) + 1 + (5) + (5) = 23
Damage on 4 roll: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) = 10
Damage on 8 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + 1 + (4) = 16
Damage on 5 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) + 1 + (1) + (5) = 22

*Reloads one rifle

Round 5b

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (1) = 141d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 ⇒ 2

Damage on 7 roll : 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) + 1 = 14
Damage on 12 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) + 1 + (2) = 13
Damage on 14 roll +Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) + 1 + (3) + (4) = 20

Shooting 3 rnd Burst: 1d12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 = 141d6 ⇒ 4
Damage+Raise: 3d6 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) + 1 + 2 + (3) = 20

*Moves to Humphrey*

Greater Teleport: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
3ppe spent

At the end, if she runs out of targets, she continues firing all the same, going back over the downed figures to make doubly sure they are all dealt with. As she reaches the end of her torrent, she sidles up to Sir Humphrey, grabbing him with a hand and activating her staff. With a wisp of smoke, the two vanish, appearing back behind the cover of the Mountaineer. Shakti covers her ears to prepare for the noise of the airstrike.

Summary of shots fired:
Summary of Damage. Format is (To Hit)Damage. Rifles are AP 2.

(9)17
(12)15
(10)23
(5)8
(5)8
(4)12
(7)13
(18)13
(8)31
(8)23
(8)23
(12)23
(4)11
(8)16
(8)22
(7)14
(12)13
(14)20
(14)20

I think that is the most dice I have ever rolled in a post.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

I'm going to let Humphrey have his actions before you teleport him out of there, assuming he is willing...

Shakti vanishes from Atlas's side and appears next to Sir Humphrey, joining him in the fight against the soldiers. Her magic and weapons wielded with divine speed and power lay waste to many of the remaining troops, either outright killing them or making them crawl away from the battle. Only a few remain standing and it is clear their will to fight is diminished.

Burgurk and Atlas and now Humphrey are up!

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Apologies, I have not been accounting for the Quickness. Also, yeah, it's fine to skip me and let me come back. Some days I'm just like "fooey, I don't have time to roll all those dice." ^_^ Also, on the map it looks like there are, like, six guys left, and one air-mech?

***Good job, Sir Humph and Burgurk,*** Atlas clicks over the comms. ***Oh, and you too, Government Bureaucrat. You did not ruin everything...today.

Also, everyone, none can not say that we did not rain down epic amounts of destruction unto a large force. One might even wonder that we might not have needed the air-strike that is about to come and destroy that one lonely air-mech, who I will leave alive so it may contemplate the futility of it's obsolete attack-design before being completely obliterated.

And you guys were worried.***

He stops talking so he can concentrate on shooting the last of the infantry. His railgun spits out a continuous rope of high-velocity lead, its already staggering rate of fire magically enhanced so that time itself seems to want the foemen dead.

Wipe them out. All of them.:

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 7
Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 6
Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 12
Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 14

WILD Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 7

Full Auto Damage 1! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11

Full Auto Damage 2! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 8) + 4 = 13
Full Auto Damage 2! ACE!!: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Full Auto Damage 3! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 + (3) = 14
Full Auto Damage 4! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 + (4) = 13

2nd verse, same as the first.

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 12
Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 6
Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 5
Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 13

WILD Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 13

Full Auto Damage 1! AP6! w/raise!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 + (2) = 17

Full Auto Damage 2! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

Full Auto Damage 3! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 + (6) = 17
Ace!: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Three generations ago, this infantryman's great grandfather murdered a man so he might be allowed to marry his widow, whom he had made addicted to opium so she, normally faithful, would be open to his desires. The killed man, with his dying breath, cursed his killer, but none save the rocks heard him. Time covered both body and ground, and those rocks became part of a rich vein of iron ore, mined many years later. The iron was fashioned into a bullet, this bullet, which pierces the man with a curse 50 years in the making.: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Full Auto Damage 4! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 + (3) = 16


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Who makes bullets out of iron?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

I took an action above, between Humphrey and Shakti.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Savage Rifts RotRwT

I know, but in the new round you pulled a higher card, so you would get to go again, Burgurk. That being said:

Shifting his aim, Atlas rakes fire through the makeshift wall and into the remaining men besotting Humphrey just as Shakti teleports them out of the area and takes cover by the Mountaineer. None of them are able to stand back up. The two remaining men break and attempt to run for cover as the pilot of the power armor attempts to break as well. The whine of jet engines becomes a roar as two sleek black aircraft with the unmistakable skull motif rocket by firing missiles and laser cannons in a swath cutting through the road. Anyone that was left in the area still breathing is no longer. The wall is in ruins and only a haze of black and crimson smoke that hangs in the air reminds you that anything was there in the first place. As the aircraft leave, they peel off and head towards the West, banking a wing each in salute.

Fight Over! On to the base?


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti looks at the smoldering remains if the enemy soldiers with a quizicle expression. She then turns back to Sir Humphrey and addresses him sternly, "My apologies, sir, if I pulled you out of the fire zone prematurely. I think we are too new to each other to know well the other's intent and methods. Perhaps you could share with us though, exactly how the HELL you intended to get your jolly-red ass out of the strike zone before it was completely incinerated?"


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"Bah!, replies Sir Humphrey, pulling his moustache as he glances over the carnage. "Marvellous thaumaturgy, marvellous., he replies with a smile, before pointing to a patch of not-so-burned trees in the forest next to the clearing. "I was never truly the king of the circuit, that would go to Ol' Alasdair, of course, but I can still easily cover three-hundred feet of crossed terrain in ten seconds!" He scoffs, as if he's been asked how he could be so reckless as to cross on a red light.

"That being said,", he raises his arms and nodding his head. "I am grateful, since I did quite enjoy glancing at that magnificent display of military engineering." He furrows his brows. "Though I don't believe that sort of language is appropriate. "

Smarts: 1d8 ⇒ 7 To calm himself down
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Howl ong would it take us to get to the base?

"Shakti and Sir Humph, how long until you are at your maximum potential again? Should we push on or do we need to wait?

Speaking of potential, I shall scavenge the bodies for anything useful to have survived that maelstrom.

Some more grenades would be, as always, especially useful."

That said, Atlas lumbers toward the carnage, picking through masonry and severed body parts with equal abandon, policing up the conquest.

He changes his railgun to a fresh clip.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Seemingly snapping out of his blood-rage in the matter of nanoseconds, Sir Humphrey ponderously glances at the fire and the carnage. "You needn't wait for me, my automatonical companion!", he harrumphs a moment later. "I am always willing and able to jump back into the trenches, hrm, yes."

Where did you manage to find masonry there? ^^


Savage Rifts RotRwT

On this road, you have another half an hour before you reach the facility.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Delay will only give Greyspear the opportunity to target us with another attack. I say press on!"

I have the Rapid Recharge edge, so both myself and my staff will regain a point of PPE by the time we get there. I'll have 22/30, or almost 75%. I think it'll do.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Sounds like everyone is ready to press on...

After combing the battlefield for anything useful, you are only able to find broken bits of armor and a few E-clips that were untouched by the airstrike. Everything else is burnt or shattered by the massive carnage that was caused when the craft opened fire on the area. Jalera, for her part, seems unphased. "I'm not sure what she may be hiding in that bunker, but this didn't seem like much of a threat."

You take the Mountaineer as close as you can get to the facility, parking it just outside the gatehouse. The old pre-Rifts fence has long since been destroyed, but remnants of it can still be found in places, its chain link and barbed wire sticking up out of the ground like memory markers of the dead. The entrance to the facility is a giant slab of steel reinforced concrete that covers the whole thing. So far, no on has come out to deal with your approach. Even if they did, you aren't sure where they would even exit from. The outbuildings look demolished and abandoned and most of them don't even have doors any more. For all intents and purposes, the place looks dead...

For visualization purposes, imagine the old nuclear missile silos that held the Titan II and Minuteman ICBMs..


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey harrumphs, rubbing his chin at the sight of the abandoned silo. "Well, then, I believe either we've forced the cowards into hiding, or we're in the wrong place.", he postulates, before glancing at the building. "Though I am curious what secrets that bunker hides. One doesn't build a massive tomb of concrete", he scoffs at the word, "without a good reason."

"I'd suggest those of us with aptitude in subterfuge go forward and perceive if there's any recent activity, here or around the back. Once we've confirmed that the auxilliary constructions are uninhabited and abandoned, we ought to plan the breach of the main bunker itself.", he adds, as he quickly starts ducking between the abandoned buildings, searching the insides.

Stealth: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 Next you're going to say that bright red armour isn't ideal for stealth operations. My wild die says, good day to you, naysayer! Good day!
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Notice: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Savage Rifts RotRwT

While the area above the silo seems deserted, it is not without its sentries. As Sir Humphrey starts to move among the buildings, he notices that there are several video cameras that seems to be watching him as he moves about from place to place. Whether they actually can see him or not, that is difficult to tell from here.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Sir Humph, any penalties to your main roll, like, say, a -2 for untrained, also apply to the wild die. Hence,

"Acknowledged," Atlas says a bit -too- quickly to Sir Humph's plan of stealth.

His actuators whir audibly as he hunches down and seems more...compact.

His feet become more flexible and he stalks forward...

Stealth!: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
WILD Stealth!: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

...moving disturbingly quiet for so large a battlemech.

Stealth!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
WILD Stealth!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

As the Red Warrior points out the video cameras, Atlas stalks toward them, trying to get under one, so he can reach up and crush it.

"That should get their attention."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Other than the rather satisfying crunch of plastic and metal, there seems to be no response from the destruction of the camera. A light wind blows through the area and you catch the scent of something you can't quite place, but otherwise, the base is unimpressed.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Without anyone or thing to stop him, Atlas stomps around the base, finding and destroying all the cameras.

"Now we may hunt without their further knowledge.

Are you ready to breach the main area?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Seeing as there's no response from destroying the cameras, Burgurk activates his Presence Sense (detect living minds within 6" of himself) and starts walking towards the most intact (main?) building. Does he detect any intelligent minds as he approaches?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

As Atlas goes on his rampage of sensor destruction, Burgurk takes a more subtle approach. As he reaches out with his mind, he gets a feeling of something nearby, though it doesn't seem to be sentient thought. There is definitely an alien presence nearby, but all Burgurk can see in these ruins that is actually alive is a couple of tiny beetles crawling through what appears the the remains of a broken cargo container.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Unless they're deep underground, I sense no intelligent life around here. Altho there is *something*...but I'm not sure what it is."


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Nodding, Sir Humphrey clears his throat. "If you'd pardon my correction, we'll hunt with them having not having our location. Destroying a camera is undoubtedly a thing that would be noticed, if someone's watching."

"I verily hope that excludes us, Mr. Burgurk!", Sir Humphrey guffaws at Burgurk's report. "Then that settles it. If there is a base here, and that is the assumption with which we're operating, then it must be deeply underground." He pulls at his moustache thoughtfully. "Atlas, old boy! Would you be able to persuade the sky jockeys to target a direct blast at the door? I believe that the cameras mean that we're already "done", as the criminal elements say.", he practically pronounces the quotation marks.

Door's probably build to withstand indirect explosions nearby, not a direct punch dead centre, and short of scavenging through all of the buildings and tracking things, I see no other option. Though, I could be wrong!


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Before we call in another favor (of which we only have 2 more), I'd suggest that Atlas try opening the door with brute strength, and if that doesn't work, with guns and grenades."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"I suspect that either Greyspear or her master is merely cloaking the presence of their minds. It is also possible that the attack wing we destroyed was meant to delay us long enough for them to withdraw, though from what I have heard of Greyspear thus far, she does not sound like the type to run. More likely they have prepared a welcome for us, of sorts, and are masking themselves to make the trap less transparent."

She calls up the power of her staff, trying to force her way through any concealing power in the area.

Exalted Detect Arcana: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
If someone is using Conceal Arcana, I can overcome it with a straight contested roll.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

"Or perhaps you have simply walked into the trap knowing full well that we have been watching you the entire time." A voice enters your minds as the two beetles at Burgurk's feet begin to grow in size and shape into something more monstrous as Shakti's power leads her to look in that direction. "Those soldiers were mere pawns in this game and you played well into it, but now you must not continue this path you are on."

The humanoid being in front of you stands nearly twenty feet tall and has huge antlers and two large tentacles that end in biting mouths coming from its shoulders. "Grayspear saw fit to allow me to feed upon your power and I intend to enjoy it." A field of energy coalesces around it, forming a bubble of sorts.

All of you may act, as you are all well within range of it...


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey harrumphs as the figure begins speaking. Staring up at the humongous demonic entity, he appears unfazed, as he clears his throat. "Hubris, my good sir, is the bane of many a men before their prime.", he adds scholastically, before suddenly breaking into a mad dash towards the creature. "Defend yourself, miserable beast!"

Rolls:

Attack, Frenzy, Berserk, etc /w Hammer: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Benny re-roll! I think I'm at 2/3 now.
Attack, Frenzy, Berserk, etc /w Hammer: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Damage: 2d6 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + (6) + 3 = 15
Boom: 1d6 ⇒ 2 That's 17.

Attack, Frenzy, Berserk, etc /w Hammer: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Splosion?: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 2d6 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + (4) + 3 = 12

Attack, Frenzy, Berserk, etc /w Sword: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + (3, 1) + 3 = 9 9, AP4

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas nods as the suggestion is made that he try forcing the door open...only to have his action so rudely interrupted.

"Be careful what you wish for," his robotic voice states definitely as he levels his railgun at the nearest monstrosity and unloads with gun and grenades

I'm yer huckleberry:

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 + 2 = 6
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 + 2 = 8
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 + 2 = 12
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 2 = 10
WILD! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 + 2 = 1

Full Auto Damage 1! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12
Full Auto Damage 2! RAISE! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + (3) = 10
Full Auto Damage 3! raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 7) + (6) + 4 = 23
Full Auto Damage 3! ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 2 = 25
Full Auto Damage 4! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + (3) + 4 = 15

Grenade1! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 + 2 = 9
Grenade2! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 + 2 = 12
Grenade3! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 + 2 = 3
WILD grenade1! MAP and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 2 = 10

Grenade1 Damage w/raise! AP8!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) + (5) = 16
Grenade1 Damage w/raise! AP8!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) + (2) = 11
Grenade1 Damage w/raise! AP8!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + (1) = 8


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Humphrey, don't forget to add the +3 to the *Wild* die on the Attack roll every time as well...

Burgurk summons all his mental power to fire a huge amount of mental energy at the thing before him :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 3

But he is so startled by its sudden appearance that he's taken off-guard.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

For some reason, something about the appearance of this monster feels... off to Shakti. She holds her staff and weapons at the ready, but holds her action for the moment, ready to try and counteract any move by the beast.

Not readying any specific action - basically just delaying until after he goes.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Before Humphrey gets to the beast, Atlas fires everything he has into it. After the smoke clears, the being is still standing and the field looks intact as Humphrey rails against it ineffectually.

Thornbeast Recovery: 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 2
Tentacle 1 Greater Slumber on Burgurk and Humphrey: 1d8 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 4
Tentacle 2 Greater Blind at Atlas: 1d8 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 5T2 Ace: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Thornbeast Onslaught Bolt at Shakti: 1d8 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 1

The creature lets loose after the initial assault and a wave of fatigue passes over both Humphrey and Burgurk while a bright flash of light explodes in front of Atlas' visual sensors. The beast then releases a powerful bolt of flame, but it explodes harmlessly in front of Shakti.

Burgurk and Humphrey need to make Spirit rolls at -2 or fall asleep. Atlas needs to make and Agility roll at -6 or be affected by the Blind power. Then all of you are up again...


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

The eerie energy around the beast does droop Sir Humphrey's eyes, but the man is not so easily deterred. "Bah! To slumber onto the battlefield? The time for rest is after our task is done, and not a second beforehand, and you'll do best to remember.", he scolds the creature wickedly, before the storm of his weapons once again rains upon the beast.

Rolls/OoC:

Just mentioning now, all of Sir Humphrey's weapons deal Mega-Damage. I imagine that was the case all along, but just making sure.

Spirit: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
Wild!: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Attack 1!: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Wild!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (5, 3) + 3 = 12 12 Damage, Pen 0. Possibly more if it raises, though highly unlikely.

Attack 2!: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Wild!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Attack!: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Wild!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + (3, 4) + 3 = 16
Boom?: 1d6 ⇒ 4 20 damage, AP4


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk's eyes too start to close :

Spirit & Wild, -2: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 31d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

but manages to stay awake. Enraged by the mental attack, he again summons all his mental power to fire a huge amount of mental energy at the thing before him :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 5

Doing
Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 3, 1, 6) = 28
ACE! ACE! ACE! ACE!: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4, 3) = 14
ACE^2!: 1d6 ⇒ 4 = 46! Mega Damage


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Dang Burgurk, where has that been? Wow.. Yes, I have Humphrey's attacks as Mega Damage.

Thornbeast Soak: 1d12 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 01d6 - 1 + 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 + (5) - 1 = 9

The barrier around the beast shimmers as Burgurk and Humphrey press the attack, attempting to wear it down. "Gah... Grayspear will have your heads on pikes! You can't stop her!"

Shakti and Atlas are still up..


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Held Action:

Greater Boost Mysticism: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
*Quickness: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Greater Lower on Thornhead's Spellcasting: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d10 + 1 + 1d10 ⇒ (10) + 1 + (9) = 20
He rolls a Spirit roll against my Mysticism roll. Failure reduces his casting skill by 2 dice, failure by 4 or more reduces it by 4 dice; minimum of d4
PPE spent = 2

First Round, second turn:

*Quickness on Burgurk: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Boost Strength on Sir Humphrey: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Raise: Sir Humphrey increases his Strength stat by 2 dice
Greater Lower Vigor on Thornhead: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Same as above, still resists with Spirit
PPE spent = 1

Second round, first turn

*Quickness on Killbot: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Boost Psionics skill on Burgurk: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Raise; increase Psionics skill by 2 dice.
Greater Lower Vigor on Thornhead: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Same as above, still resists with Spirit
PPE spent = 2

Second round, second turn
Boost Fighting on Sir Humphrey: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Increase by 2 dice. Oops, he only gets one die because of the Arcane Resistance I put on him.
Boost Shooting on the killbot: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Increase by 2 dice.
Boost Vigor on self: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Increase by 2 dice.
PPE Spent = 0

I'm putting the Holy Ward trapping on my Quickness spells. Everyone I cast quickness on will also gets this Edge for as long as quickness is active:

*:
Arcane Resistance
Requirements: Novice, Spirit d8+
This individual is particularly resistant to magic (including psionics, weird science, etc.), whether by nature or by heritage. He acts as if he had 2 points of Armor when hit by damage-causing arcane powers, and adds +2 to his Trait rolls when resisting opposed powers. Even friendly arcane powers must subtract this modifier to affect the resistant hero.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Savage Rifts RotRwT

Spirit v. Lower Spellcasting: 1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 4
Spirit v. Lower Vigor: 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 3
Spirit v. Lower Vigor 2: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 4
Spellcasting to 1d4, Vigor to 1d4

Suddenly feeling itself weakening, the Thornbeast decides that it will not get the meal that it had hoped. It vanishes from view as it seems to shrink out of existence.

You are again alone in the abandoned missile silo complex. It is about this time that you notice Burgurk holding his hands to his head. The area around him starts to shudder and quake and bits of debris and broken pieces of metal and rock start to float into the air around him, forming a sort of barrier. As the wall of objects grows it starts picking up speed and bits of it begin flying out in all directions, causing you to have to dodge or put up a quick shield of some kind. Just as soon as the side panels from one of the buildings come flying towards you, it drops on the ground, digging a gouge out of the shattered asphalt. The barrier becomes a circle of debris around Burgurk, who lies unconscious in a clear area around him...

Let's give everyone 3 XP for all the things done to this point, and Burgurk, you can begin play as your 2.0, as soon as you wake up...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Knowledge Arcana: 1d8 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 4

"Damn it! I stripped him of his power, and he would have been easy to finish. He is probably doing that beetle trick again. Atlas! Strafe his last position with grenades! He'll be impossible to hit with a laser, but so weak an explosion should kill him!"

Presuming he does so, she nods in satisfaction.

"Burgurk, can you still feel him? Burgurk?

Just noticing the odd set of phenomenon surrounding the Simvan, she moves to his side once the debris falls from the air around him.

"Burgurk? Burgurk, can you hear me?"
Kneeling next to him, she checks his vitals.

Healing skill: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (2) = 8
If she thinks it would be of help, she channels some healing energy into him.
This should still be within the 3 rounds of her Boost: Mysticism, so I'll keep the benefit for this roll, but I won't spend anything extra to maintain it.
1d12 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Enough to Heal 2 wounds. PPE spent: 0


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

As soon as the beast vanishes, the rabid, manic appearance of Sir Humphrey quiets down, the speed of the change challenging even the horrid creature's sudden departure. "Quite the spectacle, I must say.", he adds, before taking a cautious step towards Burgurk, swimming amidst a vortex of debris. "Miss Shakti, if I might ask you in your role of our resident pundit of the arcane mysteries,", he clears his throat. "Would that be a teleportation of sorts? I must admit, my own studies have merely allowed me to hold club level conversations with the academicians of the arcane, and none is more foolish than he who doesn't know how little he knows.", he harrumphs.

"At any rate, I daresay that our pluck has prevailed once more, and that scoundrelous abomination would consider twice before choosing to rear its cowardly head."

Spirit: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

1d12 - 6 ⇒ (9) - 6 = 3

Atlas gets a face full of tentacle and his visual scanners shut down. The A-TAC immediately goes into PANIC mode and the resulting cacophony of conflicting commands means that...not much gets done, and the cyborg stands immobile, waiting for the curse to be lifted.

At Shakti's request for a flurry of grenades, Atlas shakes his head. "Usage of a limited resource against a theoretical target zone is non-optimal. The effect is also questionable."

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,086 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.