Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,092 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk felt a mental attack from the creature enter his mind, and as he tried to fend it off, the attack somehow...changed. Instead of trying to do damage, he felt it somehow...re-arranging...his mind. He tried to also resist that, but failed. As he lost consciousness, he felt as if he was falling into a swirling, swirling blackness - and then he became the swirling....

Vigor & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 4

As if from far away, he hears Shakti's voice calling his name. As he wakes up, he feels an immense headache, as if someone had been pummeling his head repeatedly. Weakly, he says "I hear you Shatki. That creature tried some kind of mental attack just as it disappeared, and something went horribly...wrong. Let me see if I can feel its presence." After a few seconds, he says in a shaky voice "Something's wrong - I can't sense *any* of you! That mental attack has affected my powers! Let me try something..." and you see him focus his attention on a nearby large rock, which suddenly bursts into fragments. "That's weird, I was able to mentally blast the rock, but I didn't do it the way I normally do, and it was more powerful, AND I was able to do it 3 times at once, *AND* I feel no loss of mental power! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?!?!?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

As vision returns to Atlas and Shakti brings Burgurk back from the brink, the Simvan is barely able to keep his own eyes open, the headache feeling as if a vice is crushing his very skull.

Burgurk is currently at Exhausted with no Wounds, he will simply need rest to get back up to full power. Or magic of some kind I suppose...

As you attend to Burgurk, an image appears near you, obviously holographic. The armored woman with wild hair is clearly Grayspear herself.

"I know why you are here Legionnaires, and I offer you this: Turn back and I will allow you to go free. My allies will not hunt you down. We have claimed this land as our own and your activities here have upset the balance I have maintained. If you do not agree, I will be forced to turn you into additional recruits to my army." She pauses for a moment. "Or perhaps an even better idea. Join me. Leave those pathetic sycophants at Castle Refuge and become part of something that is actually useful. Do something instead of waiting to be told what to do. I'll give you until nightfall."

With that, the image fades out and your are left alone. Jalera only shakes her Wolfen head. "I don't trust that woman. Not for a moment." Looking down at Burgurk, she offers a clawed hand. "I sensed it too and whatever it was, I'd rather not go through that again. Thornbeasts are not known for giving second chances."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"She will have trouble making a cyborg into a zombie-cyborg.

Even though that does sound awesome."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Indeed it does. Zom-borg? Mecha-corpse? How about Cyber-wraith?"

"If her offer were sincere, it might be worth considering, though it would appear lacking given how much greater Castle Refuge's resources appear to be. As it is, we know joining her would merely be subjecting ourselves to the influences of an alien intelligence, just as she has been. I dont relish the idea of being anyone's puppet, let alone for a being like that."

"Speaking of resources, I would take the presence of the offer itself as a signal her resources are dwindling. Keeping in mind of course the zombie hoard. The fact she has not deployed them yet is probably confirmation of sorts that they are difficult to control, or that they at least lack the intelligence to carry out detailed instructions. They are much like this kill bot in that respect. If he had merely done as I'd ask, we'd not have to battle the beast again later, which at present is not a promise that can be made. Oh well; all tools have their limits. If his cognitive functions were not so badly impaired, having him disregard instructions might not be so bad. As it is, he can't think for himself, or follow directions. Quite a bother."

"Burgurk, how are you feeling? While there was no specific injury, I sensed the affects of some sort of Psychic trauma in your aura. I think your body may have used my healing energies to adapt itself in a reaction to the trauma. You said your abilities feel different?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk looks at Shakti, bleary-eyed, and says "I'm ok, but *badly* need to rest. I don't think your healing was responsible for my condition, I felt something change during the attack as I was passing out. I'm still trying to sort out what abilities I still have, and which ones have changed.

I think our first course of action is to find Grayspear's physical location. We were told she was here - is she? Is she perhaps in an underground bunker? If not, how can we locate her? Anyone know how far a holographic projection can be...well, projected?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Pushing us along..

Knowledge Success, +2 if you have Electronics:
The holographic image that appeared could only be projected from a nearby transmitter, probably within a hundred meters, though she could be anywhere and transmitting it to the projector, but since there is no satellite communication, she would have to be within a few miles.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Knowledge: 1d8 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 4

"The device itself is likely very close by; how far Greyspear may be depends on how far she can relay the signal. Let me see if I can gain a bit more insight..."

Boost Psionics: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Psionics (Clairvoyance): 1d12 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 2

Shakti sends her mind's eye moving ahead, at first though the doors of the bunker Sir Humphrey had suggested calling an airstrike upon. Looking for both sight and sound, she looks both past the doors, and into the complex beyond, if there is one. She keeps an eye out for masses of troops, but is suspecting there probably arent that many more besides the zombies. If there is indeed a complex beneath them, she sends her mind racing along corridors, looking for signs of life and the location of Greyspear and any men she has held in reserve.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti:

You open your mind to the space around you and focus it towards the bunker. At first there is a slight pressure pushing back at you, but eventually you are able to get through. The upper levels seem to be empty, as if no one has been here in a very long time, but as you progress further, you see signs of use: beds that have been slept in but made up military style, containers of food and cases of ammunition, floors swept clean of old debris. This place was definitely occupied at one time, but appears to be no more. As you press further, you sense another presence with you. "Allow me to direct you to what you seek." Your vision changes a bit and you look into what appears to be a warehouse full of cryogenic chambers. You are brought up close to one and in its viewport you see a female human face with its eyes closed. The cheeks seem to be flush with the cold, but as you watch, they start to change into a normalized color and her eyes begin to twitch. Then they open and they are the color of crimson. It's as if she sees you and suddenly her clawed hands come up to the viewport as her mouth opens to reveal a pair of sharp fangs... then you are back, sitting among your teammates.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey regales Grayspear with naught but an impenetrable gaze and a stiff upper lip. "The lady appears to possess quite the gift of gab, I must confess.", he says a moment later, as he readjusts his armour. "Thus, I suggest given our battle comrade Burgurk's condition we find a place for some rest and recuperation.", he harrumphs. "Whatever and wherever, I'll be at the ready."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"I have no better suggestion, and so if a pause to take rest and let your inner stocks of ammunition resupply is needed, then I have no argument to gainsay it."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti's eyes come back into focus, and she turns them to her companions.

"I sent my sight looking into the fortress. It appears to be large, but mostly unused. Something detected my gaze and directed me to what it wanted me to see, so I am left in a position of having to doubt the accuracy of all I have seen."

"The main thing I was shown was a warehouse full of freezers. I was led to believe that all were full of vampires, and that they are now being thawed out. Thus, if accurate, it would seem the longer we wait, the more of the creatures we will have to wade through. I would point out our lack of secure positions here too. We know for certain they can summon a vast horde of zombies, and it seems from this that wild vampires might be as commonplace for them. I can think of nowhere secure enough that we might rest, let alone counterbalancing the risks of letting them mount an attack against us in the falling dark."

"I suggest we press forward, and with all possible haste."


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey laughs out, patting the sword and hammer on his belt. "A strong hand and a saber can never run out of ammunition, my dear Atlas!", he huzzahs, before giving the combat android a surprisingly strong punch in the shoulder, just as Shakti leaves her trance.

"Ah! Vampires! Of which sort, may I ask?", the mustache of Sir Humphrey ruffles with interest, as he takes out his datapad. "What are their known qualities? My only familiarity extends to a coven of cannibalistic and hemovoric witches I had the opportunity to meet in one of my travels to Albion.", he harrumphs. "Cornwall, despite its place as the gateway to the American colonies, hides its ancient secrets and mysteries well."

Small trip down memory (or imagination) lane done, he nods, the datapad's holo keyboard materialising. "So, what should I know about your vampires? Garlic, wooden stakes? My colleague Professor McArthur spoke of vampires in the Malaysian sub-continent that required, hm, urine to be poured on them, though I considered he was just having a laugh at my expense!"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Don't do that," Atlas mutters as Sir Humph lightly punches him and his A-TAC brings up a firing solution out of reflex.

"For whatever increased capabilities our enemy might enjoy with time, Burgurk gives the impression that he has none now, but would be muchly increased with rest, elevating our combat capability by one-quarter.
That increase would seem worth the wait."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Where do you suggest we rest that can withstand an assault from either an endless horde of zombies, or vampires at their most powerful time? Unless you have a impenetrable fortress in that tin hat of yours, holing up anywhere nearby will only give them an opportunity to besiege us. We will get no rest if we are fighting off endless waves of attack, and deplete our stores even further. We have very little to gain, while the consequences could be dire."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Look, since we're already here I say we investigate the bunker you just scryed, if there are frozen vampires in there we can kill them, and if the place is empty we can probably lock some door to some room from the inside and spend the night. Sound good?"


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Agreed."

Looking at the vault door she asks, "So how do we crack this nut?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

DM SBM, what kind of door is it? Is it locked? Any keypad sitting beside it to enter an access code? Etc., etc...


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The vault door itself is massive, probably a hundred tons of concrete. It sits on a sliding array that is opened from the inside or from one of the outbuildings. So far, all of the buildings you have explored have not come up with the correct one that will allow you to start opening it.. i.e., Random Card Drawing behind the screen. There are many more buildings to explore, but they cost you time, which you are fast running out of. There may also be smaller entrances somewhere as well, but you have to find them...

For Reference:

Main Door
What you're looking for.

Or one of these, but Atlas may be too big to get into here.

You can spend as much time as you like, and eventually you will come across one of these, which will be far easier to open than the one covering the silo. I was waiting to see if you planned on resting or not..


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Using her connection to the Tree of Knowledge, Shakti reaches out to the all-knowing to help figure out how to open the door. (Takes 1 minute of concentration)

Where are the controls to open this door from the outside?

Mysticism/Divination: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Raise; "On a raise, the question may be answered in five words or less" (Core rule book)
Vigor to avoid fatigue: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (3) = 91d6 ⇒ 3


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti:
Many memories of humans long since dead flood your mind and you see images of the facility before it was destroyed over a century ago. One of the memory spirits turns to speak to you. "In the launch building." As you lose focus, you can see an image of what the launch building used to look like. You are pretty sure you can find its skeleton now.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"There were controls to the door in what used to be the launch building. I will describe what it looked like, we should find it in short order. Hopefully the controls are functional."

She describes the image of what the building looked like when it was still in use.

She then moves out towards a vantage point (or climbs some rubble), to see if she can spot it herself.

Boost Notice: 1d12 + 3 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 3 + (1) = 161d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Notice: 1d10 ⇒ 91d6 ⇒ 4


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti scrambles to the top of a crumbled wall and looks around. She then spots what appears to be an outline of a large building with only three of its four sides standing. One side is buried in rubble and debris. She does note that one of the walls still standing has a half broken door that leads inside. The building itself is a short ten minute walk away. You estimate you have a little over 4 hours before the sun starts to set..


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Assuming Shakti tells us what she sees, Burgurk suggests that we start walking over there, and starts to do so.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti does, of course, share what she sees, and suggests the group head over towards the building to check it out.

Keep an eye out for traps; I'd not put it past them to have wired the path with explosives, or trigger a mystical trap."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

You take the ten minutes and stretch them out to almost fifteen as you look at every weed, rock and crevice to make sure that Grayspear hasn't trapped the facility. You find nothing of the sort. In fact, once you reach the half broken door, it looks as if it had been left open, almost like an invitation, except this one is rather odd. Just inside the door, in the shadows of daylight, you can make out the outline of a body in WarHound armor. Its emaciated face and the dents and scratches in the armor tell you what might have happened...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas trumbles along, assisting the search for traps and keeping up his visual scanning, almost disappointed to find none.

"Hmmmm," he muses at the armored corpse, his onboard computer familiar with too many manners of death to narrow it down.

notice: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
wild notice: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Shall we?" he posits of the half-open door.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Indeed" Burgurk says as he steps into the bunker and walks forward.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

As you step over the body of the fallen mercenary, you walk into a room that appears to have been painted in blood. What appears to have once been a security room is now a charnel house. Blood spray and spatter is everywhere, on the walls, the chairs and the long broken monitor screens. What you notice though is that the blood is dried, as if it had been here for some time and other than the door greeter, there are no bodies here. A broken steel door leads away from this room, looking as if something tore it from its hinges. As you are looking at it, Atlas notes the telltale electronic signature of a placed explosive mine just past the broken door. Following it, he can see the fusion block that it would detonate in the ceiling of the hallway beyond.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Assuming Atlas points out the trap, Burgurk asks "Anybody know how to disarm this thing? I'm no good with electronics."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"I can add to the knowledge of this area that anyone might have, increasing their skill. It would be best of course to use someone with some natural ability to start with, but unfortunately we did not use such devices in my world."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

I doubt Humphrey has any electronics skills, how about you, Atlas?

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

What skill would that even be? I've got Repair for days but I don't know if...?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

So, even with a Raise, Boost Trait would only give the target a d4 in an un-trained Skill? Man, we are *so* scr**ed.
EDIT : HERE it's explained that a Success would give a d4, so a Raise would give a d6.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The Lockpicking skill is meant for stuff like this, but it says that another more appropriate skill can be used if it makes sense. I will say that if you want to use Repair or Knowledge (Electronics), you can roll that at -2.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Anyone have lockpicking? Not me...
But if you'll allow Repair at -2, Atlas will automatically succeed (without a Snake Eyes)!
Atlas, you're up...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Gratitude. Of note, I think part of the reason that I waited so long to post is that I literally did not know what skill to roll here for this obvious abstacle. In the future, if the GM could throw up a helpful blurb like this when the obstacle comes up, I would appreciate that.

A fraction of a second sees Atlas insert his chip on "How to Repair Your Sink and Everything Else" and he bends to, his onboard computer already at work. It evens finds a primitive wireless hand-shake with the explosive (because everything is wireless...everything) and starts to run it's parameters through the online database.

Repair it. Repair it good!: 1d12 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7
Repair it WILD!: 1d6 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7


Savage Rifts RotRwT

I will endeavor to do that more often..

Atlas spends a very short amount of time rewiring the explosive trap and rendering it inert. While he is unable to remove the fusion block itself, it is at least safe for the time being.

Continuing down the hallway, you come to an open room that has several broken doors to various offices and other rooms that have long been left destroyed and worth little as what they used to be. Several shattered computer husks and pieces in the main room tell you this might have been the control center at one time for the silo itself, or at least for the security portion. Beyond this room, you can see another hallway that leads to a door marked 'STAIRS'.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Someone seems to have spent a lot of energy making sure this data was not retrieval. This makes me think something here may have been of value. Once."

Atlas gives over to his natural curiosity, and let's his A-TAC scan the cluttered debris for anything that might still have retrieval data on it.

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Notice!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Repair!: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Repair!: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Most of what Atlas finds is probably the remains of something over a century old and though it may have contained valuable information at one time, the data is long corrupted and lost. However, the cyborg does find a small, credstick sized data module that seems to be intact, if you account for the scrapes and dents on its casing that is. At the moment, you can't seem to find anything that could read the old technology.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"I can probably kit-bash a converter for this, once I'm back at the base," Atlas opines before pocketing the ancient flash drive and lumbering forward and opening the stairs door.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"I am curious whether the devices meant to operate that vault door will be found functional, given the state of the rest of this place. Of course it is possible there is another entrance, and that this building may also connect to the underground complex through a smaller secured entrance."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti's question is answered as Atlas opens the door to the stairs. A landing leads down towards a set of metal stairs that seem to go down quite a ways towards another landing and a door and then beyond that the stairs continue down into darkness.

It is pitch black beyond that stairway, unless you have some sort of device or power to compensate.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Anyone got a light? :) DM SBM, would you let one of us spend a Benny to have a flashlight in their back pocket?


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

A flashlight is part 9f the standard survival kit nearly everyone starts with. The NG-52. Flashlight, 4 flares, firestarter, you name it. I'd also be kinda surprised if these high tech rifles didnt Cone with tac-lights built in.

Shakti pulls out her torch and clicks it on, aiming it down the stairwell.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

As fast as the slight changes, Atlas' onboard Optics Passage compensates for the change in illumination, shaking hands with the A-TAC so he never really notes it becoming an issue until the Mere Mortal pulls out a light.

Atlas continues tromping along.

Cyper Optics Package 'ignores' illumination penalties.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

As Shakti mentioned, your gear has a flashlight, but it does have limited range. Atlas' cybernetics help, but only for him..

As the lights start to illuminate the stairs, you see that the darkness was hiding a gruesome sight. The stairwell leads much further down to the very edge of your lights, but the beams glint off of a slick crimson liquid that coats the walls, stairs, handrails and the door. There seems to be a rather large puddle by the first door. The stairs groan in protest as Atlas places his weight upon them, but they hold for now.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Terrible apologies, old chaps! I'll strive to be on time from now on.

"By Jove!", Sir Humphrey exclaims, before glancing at the liquid, though a simple glance reveals that his surprise hides is something else than the obvious pool of blood. "The blood is recent, and it would appear that there was quite a few victims of the exsangiunation.", he harrumphs. "I've never met vampires, personally, though the scientific mind ponders,", he says as he pokes at the liquid with an interested finger, smelling the substance, "if they, akin to mosquitoes, excrete an anti-coagulative substance into their bites." His sword in hand, he affixes his armour as he steps up the stairs. "Otherwise, of course,", he cheerfully adds, oblivious to the morale implications, "It would take quite the large amount of time for the blood to leave the body, not to mention the amount of work required on the vampire's side! Hah!"

He grins. "Don't you find this fascinating?!"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"If you make a hole big enough, coagulation becomes irrelevant," Atlas martially states as he unerringly treads on, the scene before him as well lit as a sunday picnic.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Welcome back Humphrey. It's good to see we haven't lost another one to the Rifts. Speaking of, has everyone had a chance to look at the SWADE version I posted a link to in the Discussion thread?

As Humphrey tests the blood, it's stickiness and warm feel tells him that though this might be blood, it certainly isn't human blood. The expected smell of copper is replaced by something more akin to a scented bath lotion, like lavender or chamomile extract.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Wait, it smells like WHAT?" Atlas booms unbelievingly. He covers a finger in the odd substance and lets his onboard comp run analysis on it.

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
WILD Notice: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Repair!: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
WILD Repair: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,092 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.