Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,501 to 1,550 of 2,076 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10
DM ShadowBloodmoon wrote:
Somewhere in the distance is heard a loud series of thunderous booms.

Hopefully just Sonic Booms of incoming Air Mech, and NOT Jonis' Boom Gun. Being on the wrong end of one of those is not fun.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk gets out of the vehicle, and lays down on the ground to present less of a target. He shouts "I think we're about to have incoming attackers from the air!"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

How many are left? I didn't think there were that many there to begin with. =/

His A-TAC puts up a running scan for the incoming air, but he doesn't worry about problems that aren't in range yet, and keeps up target aqcuisition on the mercs that he can see.

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2): 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 + 2 = 6
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2): 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 + 2 = 11
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2): 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 = 4
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2): 1d12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 + 2 = 3
WILD Full Auto! Auto and RDS(2): 1d6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 + 2 = 5

Full Auto Damage 1! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9

Full Auto Damage 2 w Raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + (3) = 16

Full Auto Damage 3! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 1) + 4 = 12
Full Auto Damage 4! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 5) + 4 = 17
Full Auto Damage 4 ACE!: 1d8 ⇒ 8
OH WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?!?!?!?: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Super Hyper Brutal Awesome Blaster Monster KING KILLER SEVERE SUPREME MASTER ULTRA COMBOOOOOOOO : 1d8 ⇒ 8
Like the Hammer of THOR itself, a bolt comes down from the heavens and strikes him dead with a purpose and effect that can only be called biblical: 1d8 ⇒ 4 = eleventy billion


Savage Rifts RotRwT

As Burgurk takes cover beside the Mountaineer, Atlas continues to fire into the mercenaries. One goes down as the rain of shells destroys his cover and the last one is hit so hard that the remaining cover around him is plastered to what is left of his armor. If anything is left it will be unidentifiable. As you start to believe you have finished off the last of them, a distinct sound, like that of air escaping a large tunnel, comes from the sky. Second later, explosions occur all around you, but it appears that the spotter was off and Burgurk only feels a slight warm breeze as a miniature fusion warhead explodes near him.

GM Stuff:

Artillery Scatter x 4: 1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 4
Direction: 1d12 ⇒ 81d12 ⇒ 91d12 ⇒ 81d12 ⇒ 8
Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6, 2, 2, 1, 3, 5, 6, 5) = 3910d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 6, 1, 3, 1, 1, 5, 1) = 3110d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5, 5, 2, 4, 6, 5, 4, 3) = 3910d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6, 5, 6, 3) = 44


Round 3
Sir Humphrey- KC-
Shakti- QC
Atlas- 9C
Jalera- 8H-
Incoming Air...- 7D
Burgurk- 4S

SirH, Shakti and Atlas are up...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

So, there is no more enemy movement in the fortifications then. I say we just charge ahead.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Atlas, we are BEING BOMBED FROM THE AIR (and by fusion bombs, no less)! Can you take out the planes?


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

I was under the impression it was artillery, and that we were being shelled. If it is aircraft and they are high enough up that we cannot see them, we have no chance of taking them out.

"Spread out and get to cover! Look for a spotter!"
Shakti follows her own advice, hopping down from the Mountaineer and breaking for the nearest outcropping of rocks or trees, hoping someone else has the presence of mind to drive the vehicle out of its present position and get it to cover.

Magic: Boost Notice: 1d12 + 3 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 3 + (1) = 161d6 ⇒ 5

As is happens, Shakti already has Greater Farsight active right now, which should enable her to see details regardless of distance, so long as she has line of sight. It doesn't help her see through camouflage or anything, but if there is someone out there in plain sight using a telescope or binoculars to guide the shots, or if their camo sucks, she might have a reasonable chance of spotting them.

Notice: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d6 ⇒ 3 Only a basic success, so I'd likely only see someone without camouflage... or a plane/flying mech that is really high up.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Concur. A "large boom from far away" followed by a explosions is artillery. Also, we didn't see a missile. Also also, the GM said in his description that the "spotter was off". =3

"I'm heading for their defenses!" the mech says before standing up and running forward.

Run!: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Pace of 8 puts me (75-12) = 63 meters out. Could be a while.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Ah... the chaos of combat... it was artillery and the spotter is full of holes at the moment... however:

Shakti reaches out with her enhanced vision and can see two large aircraft and what appear to be four units of flying power armor headed in your direction from past the hastily made fortification. Atlas' A-TAC estimates 30 seconds before they are in firing range...

You have 5 rounds of actions, taken in whatever order you choose, before the power armor will be in range. Then I will redraw initiative and go from there...


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey's slightly disappointed voice echoes in the team's heads. ~Marvellous performance! The charge of the Light Brigade was unnecessary, it would seem.~

His head pokes from out of the bushes, as he spots the robot armour flying nearby, and, even despite the distance from the forest, his maniacal grin is visible. ~I've not yet shed my idiosyncratic cloak, and my dagger is ready for an ambush! The bigger they are, the harder they may fall!~


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Sorry, I don't know squat about artillery vs. missiles, so I guess Burgurk doesn't either...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Seeing the flying suits rise above the horizon, Atlas immediately changes direction and sprints back to the cover of the stout oak tree.

"Maintain positions. Shift only to provide each other better mutual support."

Ensuring that he has relatively good sight-lines to each of his comrades, Atlas just throws in a fresh clip and awaits the enemy.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk also gets up from the ground and runs over to a large tree (Cover -2). He will again lie down as long as he can still clearly see the flyers (Cover -4).

He takes a moment to concentrate, activating a mental power that boosts his mental power even higher :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 3
Psionics ACE!: 1d10 ⇒ 7 = 17

New Psionics is d12+3.

He then concentrates, and a faintly shimmering aura of light surrounds him :

Psionics & Wild: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

His Parry is now 9, and his Ranged Attack TN is now 8.
I will do these when the flyers are within 2 rounds of being within 36 yards of us (unless their height is already greater than 36 yards, in which case I'll do this when they're within 2 rounds of getting as close as they're going to get.

62 ISP


Savage Rifts RotRwT

No worries, Burgurk. Anytime you have a question about things in the world, also remember the Common Knowledge check. Your character might know more than the player sometimes!

Okay, so I have added the enemies on the map. You will see a note that shows that they are in a different range beyond their map location. The power armor is 580m away and 80m up, whereas the cargo planes are 600m away and 100m up. That is measured from Atlas' location because of the A-TACS computer. The power armor is in firing range of their lasers and Atlas is almost at Long Range for his Rail Gun. Remember you can try for Extreme Range shots, but they are very difficult. That will change of course as they move. Shakti still has time to retro her 30 seconds of prep. Now for the Initiative Draw:

Initiative-
Round A
Enemy Power Armor- AC- Done
Cargo Planes- KD- Done
Shakti- JS
Burgurk- 10D
Jalera- 8D-
Sir Humphrey- 8C-
Atlas- 4D
New Troops-

GM Rolls:

Pace: 24 + 1d6 ⇒ 24 + (1) = 25

The power armor closes, each bearing down on you as quickly as it can, while the two cargo planes fly overhead. You can see their tail ramps open as several more mercenaries jump out of the back of them...

Okay, so the planes and the mercs are on the map exactly where they are but 100m up, the power armor is not as fast, so there at 530m away and 80 m up plus the distance on the map. All of you are up...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Mechs, air support, paratroopers, artillary... our squad is up against a battalion! We are massively out resourced. We can probably take this wave of baddies, but the question is whether we should bother. There will probably be more of them after, and if we just try to wipe out wave after wave, we will eventually get worn down and run out of either ammo, power points, and probably collect wounds from the odd fluke roll. We should probably all get back in the mountaineer and try to outmaneuver these guys. If we dig in, they can send the zombies, or worse, target us again with the artillary.

Once she spots that the foes are further away than she first guessed, Shakti doubled back to the Mountineer, calling out what she saw to the others. Not locking in hands, she reloads her twin rifles with fresh magazines.

"We cant let them hold us here. If we get pinned down, they will just keep hammering us till we break. I suggest we try to advance towards the stronghold!"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

DM SBM, can you give us a link to the map? And, how many power armors are in the air?

"My very nature rebels against this suggestion, but I think we should retreat. If we advance towards the stronghold, the power armors can take pot-shots at us at will the entire time, and I'd be willing to bet that once we get close enough, the zombies will appear to block our path."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The link should be under my name, it is on Roll20. There are two aircraft, 36 mercs and 4 power armors. Also:

Smarts Success:
You suddenly remember that before he left, Ariel procured 3 airstrikes from the nearest Coalition Forces. He gave you the confirmation codes to use them within the next couple of days...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas patiently waits in his prone firing position as the enemy so willingly advances into his firing range.

"Our chances of successfully escaping in the vehicle from an air-borne enemy are as close to zero as I can calculate. Someone would have to remain behind to hold them off."

He pauses.

"You are free to retreat," he says, motionless.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Smarts & Wild: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 31d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Someone else is going to have to make the Smarts roll so we can think of the air strikes...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

SMTRZ!: 1d6 ⇒ 3
wet, hot, and WILD smrtz!: 1d6 ⇒ 5

I swear I thought of it on my own! =p

As his primary CPU is idly scrolling through the various suggested courses of action from his A-TAC, he comes across something that he had forgotten about. Apparently there was a comm-signal attached to it, but no name.
Figuring that it couldn't hurt, he dials the tag.

*ksssk* This is Assaultmech Atlas twentyone dash twelve. Our forces are currently under attack by an overwhelming combined-arms force of paratroopers, air armor, and artillery.

A pact was made with Auriel Acherean. He is not able to make this request directly, but I am making it in his name.

We shall need an airstrike -NOW-.*ksssk*.

He follows with the long line of numbers that would be the coordinates for the cargo planes, and, extrapolating the direction it came from and the time from sonic-boom to impact, the approximate coordinates of the artillery.

He doesn't bother with the location of the air mechs. They're moving too fast.

And he can take those out anyway. The day he can't take on some rocket-jocks is the day he's ready for the scrap heap.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"Bah!", buzzes Sir Humphrey over the comms. "Retreat is not a word mentioned in polite company, Mr. Atlas, at least when I'm around." Unsheathing his hammer and sword with baited breath, eager with anticipation, he adds. "And the bigger they are, the harder they fall."

As the mech mentions the airstrikes, a mad grin flashes on Sir Humphrey's face. "The rascals think they're ambushing a lone patrol, and they overcommit due to cowardice. That very lack of courage shall be their downfall.", he continues practically narrating, before suddenly shaking his head. "We are outside the blast range, Mr. Atlas, correct?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

It takes several tense moments for a response from Atlas' communications, but when it comes back, it is decisive. "Copy Atlas 21-12, we have your coordinates, Razor 65 inbound, weapons hot. ETA, 30 seconds."

You guys still have actions as well. Talking is free...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Affirmative," Atlas chirps back to Sir HWS. "Over-commitment unto vulnerability to a counter-attack has been called 'Mike Ehr's folly.' I hope to see them encounter such a downfall.

I honestly had not considered our proximity to the blast range. The forest should mitigate that significantly.

But even not, we have a greater percentage of survive-ability in a blast radius than we do against para-supported air mechs.

...

Not that air mechs are any real danger," he inserts. He does have a measure of pride after all.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Ping?

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Pong?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

We are still right here guys..

Initiative- 
Round A 
Enemy Power Armor- AC- Done 
Cargo Planes- KD- Done 
Shakti- JS 
Burgurk- 10D 
Jalera- 8D- 
Sir Humphrey- 8C- 
Atlas- 4D 
New Troops- 

That means all of you are up!

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas continues to lay prone and Aim at the closest inbound air-armor.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Laying close to the ground, Sir Humphrey nods at others, but mostly at himself. To pounce upon the unwitting scoundrels... is it honourless? Or do they descend from the skies, awaiting death at every corner.

Ducking as low as he can, he unsheathes his weapons, ready to strike. Perhaps, a bit of both. What is life without its flavours!, a wide grin appears through the man's moustache.

Rolls/OoC:

Stealth: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Wild!: 1d6 ⇒ 2

On second thought, Imperial Red isn't the best forest camo.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Ha! I'm ROFLing at all the random 'U's! Uh, I mean, I'm ROUFLing at the randoum 'U's! =)


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Initiative-
Round A
Enemy Power Armor- AC- Done
Cargo Planes- KD- Done
Shakti- JS
Burgurk- 10D
Jalera- 8D- Casting Defensive Spell
Sir Humphrey- 8C- 'Sneaking' by being obvious :-)
Atlas- 4D - Aiming
New Troops- Landing...
Air Strike in 5 rounds...

Shakti and Burgurk still have actions to prepare for their landing..


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

I'd like to ret-con my previous actions, since they were based only on the knowledge of the flying power-armors, it was much later IRL that you mentioned that armored soldiers would be on the ground much sooner...

Burgurk growls and tries to mind-fry one of the armored men :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 11
At 15" away, no Range penalty...

Doing
Damage+Attack Raise: 6d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2, 3, 6) + (6) = 24
Damage ACE! ACE!: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10 = 34
DM SBM, pick one at random...

ISP=66


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Got it. I think, after reading the earlier stuff, Shakti was headed back to the Mountaineer for her turn, so I will take that as I do the next update. I'll try to get that done today, if not tomorrow morning.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Burgurk's power reaches out and crushes one of the men as they land on the ground, the rest start to fan out into a formation, trying to head towards the defensive line.

Initiative-
Round B
Sir Humphrey- AD-
Burgurk- JH
Enemy Power Armor- 10S-
Shakti- 10H
Atlas- 8S- Aiming
New Troops- 5D
Jalera- 3S- Casting Defensive Spell
Air Strike in 4 rounds...

Okay, a little later than I planned, but the armored men are on the ground, so they are exactly where they are on the map. Due to the draw this round,Burgurk and Sir Humphrey are up again! The range is a little farther than 30m (15 inches), but with that roll, I think the range penalty is all but moot, so I'm going with it.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

The actual distance could be up to 18" without a range penalty...

Burgurk tries to mind-fry another one of the armored men :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 2 = 8, a Raise

doing

Damage+Raise: 6d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 3) + (1) = 14 Phooey!

ISP=62

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Huh. For some reason I was thinking that the range was much farther. :?


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

I do apologise, I've been somewhat absent from this game, due to all the confusion about the rounds. I'm back now! And those 'u's are there for a reason! Lest we descend into barbarity.

"For Queen and Country-y!", a thunderous roar echoes from the woods as Sir Humphrey charges forwards with speed most horses and a few vehicles would be envious of. "You shan't tread on sovereign land no more, foul demagogues!", he continues, as his sword and hammer are brought in. Leaping over the fences, he slams into the left flank, weapons at the ready.

As he impacts, his sword buries itself into the first man he sees, as he begins thrashing his hammer madly. "Free Englishmen will never bow down to the French crown!", he shouts in the face of the man bisected by his sword, as he regales the invader hordes, breathing in deeply.

Rolls/OoC:

Pace Roll: 1d8 ⇒ 3Just good enough.
Right.
Impact Hammer Attack 1: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Assuming none of them have shields
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Impact Hammer Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + (6, 2) + 3 = 15 Frenzy + Armour
Explode: 1d6 ⇒ 1 16 total

Vibro-Sword Attack: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 I'll assume a raise here.
Explode: 1d12 ⇒ 2
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (5) + (9) + 3 = 20 AP 4

Impact Hammer Attack 2: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + (6, 3) + 3 = 14 16 again, total
Explode: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Savage Rifts RotRwT

There is a bit of confusion on the range. Burgurk's power works out to a total of 72 inches, or 144 meters on the map. The closest trooper to him is at approximately 120 meters away, a long shot for him, usually a -4 penalty. Since he rolled an 11, that still hit the trooper and the damage subsequently killed him. There is a range ruler on roll20 that I use to great effect, but it might be a little confusing because of the longer ranges. I think we might have to see about keeping combats at least within the longest range weapons you guys have, that might make it less confusing.

That said, I believe it is Atlas' railgun with the 600 meter range that will be that, unless I'm missing something or you pick up a longer range weapon at some point. With all that, I don't think that Sir Humphrey would have been able to reach the troopers this round, Speed 12+3 Pace Roll makes for a 36 meter run from his prior position in the forest. I've edited the map to compensate and will of course allow Humphrey a ret-con of his actions due to range, just remember that Running counts as an action. Unfortunately, Burgurk's power does hit this round, but not with a raise, due to the range.

Another of the troopers is hit by Burgurk's power as the they try to get to cover, but he is only stunned for a moment. The power armor looms ever closer, attempting to bring their weapons to bear.

Power Armor Fast Flight: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Round 2
Initiative-
Round B
Sir Humphrey- AD- Run and ??
Burgurk- JH-Bolt
Enemy Power Armor- 10S- Fast Flight
Shakti- 10H
Atlas- 8S- (Aiming)
New Troops- 5D
Jalera- 3S-
Air Strike in 4 rounds...

So, Humphrey, Shakti and Atlas are up!. Measured from Burgurk, the soldier that is Shaken is at 121 meters from him. The power armor that is on the map behind the Shaken one is at 127 meters from Burgurk plus 476 meters, making the range 603 meters, plus 80 meters of altitude. Almost inside Atlas' range.

Oh and for all the confusion, every gets a Benny!!


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

I'm still confused. In the map, the ground troops are 15 "squares" away from me, so I thought that was 15" (traditionally 1 square = 1"), which is within the "Near" (no penalty) range of my power. Is that not the case?
But, thanks for the Benny!
Bennies=4


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Now I see why you guys are getting confused.. those squares are from the map itself that I ported into Roll20, I couldn't get rid of them. That's why I use the range finder, on the side, to calculate distances. Next map I'll try to use one that doesn't have the grid hard coded into it.

EDIT: I'll tell you what. I'll enable Roll20 squares and maybe that will help you guys out.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Ah. Similar confusion with the squares here. I'm unsurprisingly most effective right into the enemy's face, be they man or power armour.

Sir Humphrey's crimson red armour rushes through the treeline with tremendous pace, as the man does his best to stay behind the trees as he's stampeding forward like a maddened beast. Basically, run as far as I can, then hide behind a tree.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Did we lose Shakti and Atlas in all the confusion?

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

I'm terribly sorry. Yes, in all the confusion I did not realize I was up. So, just for reference, I am 20 squares (40 m) from Sir Humph, 35 sq from the fortification, and 60 sq(120) from the top-most air mech. 120 is medium range for both rail gun and grenade launcher.

The closest airmech finally enters Optimal Kill Range (OKR) and his A-TAC aligns the multiple targeting recticles over the approaching foe. With a great beeping and blinking and overlapping of targeting lines, a good resolution is finally agreed upon by all concerned.

A lovely female voice chirps in his head.
'Target acquired. Firing all ordnance. Armored piercing grenades inbound.'

Suddenly the forest erupts in an earth-shaking BLAM as the rail gun combines with a trio of grenades direct-fired at a single target.

Spoilered. Because that...is a lot of dice.:

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2) and AIM: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 7
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 10
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 4
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 9
WILD Full Auto! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM: 1d6 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 6

Full Auto Damage 1! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 1) + 4 = 12

Full Auto Damage 2 w Raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8, 5) + 4 + (6) = 23
Full Auto Damage 4 ACE!: 1d8 ⇒ 3 = 26

Full Auto Damage 3! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

Full Auto Damage 4! w Raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 + (1) = 15

.

Grenade1 and RDS(2) and AIM: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 9
Grenade2 and RDS(2)and AIM: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 10
Grenade3 and RDS(2)and AIM: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 13
WILD Grenade and RDS(2)and AIM: 1d6 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 6

DAMAGE Grenade1 w/ RAISE AP8!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + (5) = 17
DAMAGE Grenade2 w/ RAISE AP8!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 7) + (4) = 19
DAMAGE Grenade3 w/ RAISE AP8!: 3d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 2) + (3) = 13


Savage Rifts RotRwT

From earlier: The power armor that is on the map behind the Shaken one is at 127 meters from Burgurk plus 476 meters, making the range 603 meters, plus 80 meters of altitude. However, because I don't want to bog the game down further, I've adjusted the distances so that all of you have viable targets within range, other than Humphrey's melee charge. So with some quick math (i.e. a calculator), the top most Power Armor is at 408 meters from Atlas, which puts him at long range. After adjusting for that, he still hits quite a bit... Also, I will bot Shakti for this round.

While hiding by the Mountaineer, Shakti summons a small unit of ogres from the nether and sends them to join Sir Humphrey in a charge towards the oncoming soldiers.

From the forest on the side, a large barrage of firepower erupts from where Atlas was laying in wait. Several rounds of ammunition shred into one of the Predators in the air and it goes down in a spiral of flames.

The soldiers on the ground keep running towards the barriers to get some cover.

Round 3:

Initiative-
Shakti- Joker
Jalera- KH-
Sir Humphrey- QH-
Atlas- 9D-
New Troops- 7S
Burgurk- 6S-
Enemy Power Armor- 6H-
Air Strike in 3 rounds...

Shakti, Sir Humphrey and Atlas are up! Shakti can go at any time and gets +2 to her rolls this round.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Continuing his mad dash through the treelines, a grin spreads on Sir Humphrey's face as he sees a power armour go up in flames. "Up and at them! Good show, sport, good show.", he roars out as he leaps from one bush to the other, his red armour barely peeking through the woods.

Basically sprinting, and into cover.
Pace: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas chortles to himself as the flyjock comes crashing down. "Heh. Told ya they made of tin," he says to no one.

The A-TAC witnesses the BRAVE CHARGE of Sir Humph, and comes to the conclusion that he would not be charging madly into the enemy lines if he were not of absolute confidence that he could destroy them all, and so decides to continue firing at the flymechs. He takes pause to re-aim. He only just found those grenades, it would not do to waste them.

The A-TAC -also- sees Shakti summon HEY ITS A SQUAD OF OGRES!!! "That is the most useful thing you have ever done, Government Bureaucrat. Are you feeling sick?" he asks.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP
Assaultmech Atlas 21-12 wrote:
he would not be charging madly into the enemy lines

What a baseless assumption, my automatonic comrade!

I am assuming that one of the tiny squares is "One Pace"? In such case, I'll be using my Psionics to cast Deflection, as I technically still have an action after the move.

Psionics: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Quite Nice. All attacks now take a -4 penalty to hit the gentleman in total. ISP is now 7.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Rolling my casting skill for that summoning spell, as how I roll affects how many PPE used.

Summon Ogres: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
2 raises means the spell would cost 3 ppe for 4 ogres.

Ogres Run: 7 + 1d6 ⇒ 7 + (4) = 11

I'm looking at some of the buffs I can do, and honestly the range on most is too short to be able to use them this round. Unless...

"Wait here," Shakti says to the witch, "I'll be back shortly."

Teleport: 1d12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 161d10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 = 12
She appears out of nowhere, crouching next to Atlas, taking full advantage of cover. 3 Raises = 0 ppe

"You'll find me far from useless, droid; hopefully the same can be said of you. The ogres are just to attract fire; I doubt they'll even make it to the entrenchment."

Laying a hand on him, she gives him a chronological push, shoving him through the stream of time just a little bit faster than average.

Quickness: 1d12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 131d10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9
3 Raises = 0 ppe

Quickness:
Core rules wrote:
This power grants incredible swiftness to the recipient. With success the target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. With a raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.

To the cyborg's perception, her voice seems to slow and drop eerily in pitch as she continues talking, "Sir Humpty Dumpington is too far ahead for my powers to reach him just yet, so I suppose we'll have to make do with whatever you bring to the table."

Greater Boost: Shooting: 1d12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 161d10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
3 Raises = 0 ppe
Increase his shooting skill by 4 ranks (or just + 4 since you already have a d12).

"Have fun, killbot."

Her work done for the moment, she lies flat behind the cover of the trees. I'm picturing her at Atlas' top left corner, further into the trees than him. It doesn't matter if her line of sight to the enemy is completely obstructed, in fact, that would be ideal.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Round 3:

Initiative-
Shakti- Joker- Casting Spells, Ogres Move
Jalera- KH- Protection Spell
Sir Humphrey- QH- Run to Cover, Deflection Power (-4 to Hit)
Atlas- 9D- Quickness (Aimed, no less than 8 Draw, 3 rounds)
New Troops- 7S
Burgurk- 6S-
Enemy Power Armor- 6H-
Air Strike in 3 rounds...

As her ogres continue forward, Shakti moves about the battlefield as if the space between her and her destination did not exist. Atlas' electronics begin working on overclocked time, already a firing solution forming in his vision. Time slows for Sir Humphrey as well, his years of battlefield skill telling him where each shot will come from and how to best use the cover ahead of him.

Okay, so that means Atlas has an extra action this turn.. once he is done with that, the troops will go and then Burgurk.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Apologies, I honestly thought that Quickness took effect the turn after it was cast. I only now see that I'm wrong about that. =p

"Wait. What are you--" Atlas is no longer capable of carrying on a conversation as firing solutions and targeting recitles start poping up on his A-TAC faster than he can follow them.
Before he's consciously aware that he is firing on a target, his finger squeezes the trigger at the closest air-mech, while his grenade launcher spits out three High Explosive grenades, targeting the armored men, maximum spread.

Full Auto 1! Auto and Aim and Long Range and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 6
Full Auto 2! Auto and Aim and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 = 10
Full Auto 3! Auto and Aim and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 = 9
Full Auto 4! Auto and Aim and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 = 13
WILD Full Auto! Auto and Aim and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 4 + 2 = 11

Full Auto Damage 1! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + (1) + 4 = 15

Full Auto Damage 2! raise! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 7) + (1) + 4 = 15
Full Auto Damage 3! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 + (2) = 14
Full Auto Damage 4! raise!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 + (3) = 17

Not really sure how the MEdium Burst Template

Grenade1! MAP1 and Long Range and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 9
Grenade2! MAP1 and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 12
Grenade3! MAP1 and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 13
WILD Grenade! MAP1 and RDS(2)!: 1d12 - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) - 2 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 5

Grenade1 Damage!: 3d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 7) = 19
Grenade2 Damage!: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 8, 6) = 18
Grenade3 Damage!: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 3, 7) = 18

[ooc]Whoops! That was really long and I've got an RL emergency so I don't know when I'll have time to modify this. Correct as needed!


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Got it covered Atlas, hopefully things turn out okay.

The massive barrage of firepower coming from Atlas intensifies as it is moved over towards the next Power Armor, and while some of the rounds are reflected, quite a few more rip into the chestpiece and escape through the back, along with what might have been the pilot. No longer under control, the thing crashes to the ground in a heap, sending dirt and debris flying in all directions.

The soldiers keep moving in a wave forward, their weapons finally answering the assault by shooting angry red blasts of laser fire. Most of the shots go wide and only succeed in sizzling the dirt around you, but one shot narrowly misses one of the ogres and another one hits Shakti, but her divine power easily shrugs off the blast. She only feels a bit of heat from it.

Troop Combat:

Shaken: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Shoot at Humphrey Heavy Cover Deflection: 1d8 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) - 4 - 4 = -11d8 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) - 4 - 4 = -1
Shoot at Ogre1 Medium Range: 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -21d8 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3
Shoot at Ogre2 Medium Range: 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -21d8 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1
Shoot at Ogre3 Medium Range: 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 01d8 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
Shoot at Ogre4 Medium Range: 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 41d8 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
Shoot at Atlas Prone Medium Cover Long Range: 1d8 - 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 2 - 2 - 4 = -21d8 - 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 2 - 2 - 4 = -2
Shoot at Shakti Medium Cover Long Range: 1d8 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 2 - 4 = 21d8 - 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 2 - 2 - 4 = -3
Shoot at Burgurk Medium Cover Long Range: 1d8 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 2 - 4 = -41d8 - 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 2 - 2 - 4 = -7
Ogre4 Ace, Shakti Ace: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Shakti Ace2: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Ogre4 Damage: 3d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + (2) = 8
Shakti Damage: 3d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1) + (4) + (1) = 13

Round 3:

Initiative-
Shakti- Joker- Casting Spells, Ogres Move
Jalera- KH- Protection Spell
Sir Humphrey- QH- Run to Cover, Deflection Power (-4 to Hit)
Atlas- 9D- Quickness (Aimed, no less than 8 Draw, 3 rounds)- Firing..
New Troops- 7S- Move to Cover, Shoot
Burgurk- 6S-
Enemy Power Armor- 6H-
Air Strike in 3 rounds...

OKay... that was a lot. Burgurk is up and I forgot that since Shakti pulled a Joker, everyone gets another Benny!! Joker's Wild rule in Rifts...

1,501 to 1,550 of 2,076 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.