Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,751 to 1,800 of 2,095 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Atlas, I don't know the answers to your questions, I can just sense magic, I don't know anything about it. Shakti?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Rigor (Shakti) is having computer problems and his real life is *extremely* busy right now, so he doesn't have a lot of time to post. What should we do?


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

From my "Suicide Risk Assessment" training:

Exaulted Detect Arcane: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Shakti tells the others what she learns from her enhanced scan.

Hurray for WiFi...

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

*snicker* "Congratulations, Mr. Smith, you have the -highest- risk of suicide I've ever seen in someone." "Really, the very highest?" "Oh, yes, I'm certain." "Wow, well thanks. Your Training has certainly come in handy today!" "It certainly has! Have a good day now." "Oh, yes thank you sir! Have a good day!"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti relays that this portal is certainly more than meets the eye. The other side of the real vault door has been turned into a Rift that leads directly to a realm of dead spirits that are hungrily awaiting more bodies to inhabit. Something inside is strong enough to hide this fact from the mundane, but not the sensitive folk. Jalera has taken a step back and is covering her pointed ears as best she can. Shakti seems to have no trouble with the screams that are slowly building in tempo, just at the very edge of her senses.

Soon, the image fades away and all of you can see what is really there. Standing just in front of the Rift is Alana Grayspear, in all her Fallen Cyber-Knight Glory. In her hand is a spear that radiates a terrible green glow. Behind her, in the blue light of the Rift, you see a large group of people wearing those small necklaces. Grayspear smiles.

"You still haven't given me your answer. See, these fine folk are more than willing to accept immortality at the low price of their free will. I am willing to allow you to keep yours, as long as you join my crusade and rid this world of the Coalition, the Federation, and especially the Legion. Or, you may choose to do what the ignorant always do and attack first before you know what is truly at stake. Do so, and they all become my slaves. Submit and they are free to return to their homes, unharmed. Time is running out Legionnaires."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

How large is a 'large' group of people? And do we know who they are?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Atlas' ATAC would count about 30 people. Some of them are recognizable from the logging village.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk growls "I think you're bluffing, Grayspear. Or haven't you noticed the loss in power being supplied by your viney friend back at the entrance?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Grayspear turns up her face in a grin wider than should be allowed. "Do you honestly think I didn't notice your little deal with the entity? I made a better one. I'll give it both worlds to feed on. You have your friend the wolfen to thank for that."

Jalera stands back, still holding her head, "No! We must..complete the ritual.. or she will... take control.."

What you will be up against is a Dramatic Task, as well as fighting off Grayspear and any Zombies she manages to activate. You may either fight or help with the ritual that Jalera will guide you through.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"It is better to die for free will than live for yourself," Atlas drones as he advances on Greyspear, his heavy battle boots stomping ominously forward while the railgun spins up.

"Complete your ritual. I will handle her," he calls to the group.

'Target acquired,' the A-TAC happily chirps, several internal targeting recticles settling onto Greyspear.

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 12
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 5
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 16
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d12 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 10
WILD Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)!: 1d6 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 5

Full Auto Damage 1 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 + (3) = 18
Full Auto Damage 2! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15
Full Auto Damage 3 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 8) + (1) + 4 = 15
Full auto damage ACE!!: 1d8 ⇒ 1 = 16 ._.
Full Auto Damage 4 RAISE!! AP6!: 2d8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + (2) + 4 = 14


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Let's see just how fast Atlas can fire off those rounds..
Round 1
Burgurk-KC
Shakti-10D
Atlas-9C
Grayspear-6H
Humphrey-6C
Creatures-4C
Jalera-3C

Very fast, but Burgurk and Shakti also get to go too...

Atlas spins up his railgun and empties several bursts towards Alana Grayspear, Fallen Cyber-knight. Faster than Atlas's systems can correct for error, Grayspear brandishes a verdant green blade of energy out of nowhere and cuts most of the rounds out of the air. The ones that do hit her armor seem to bounce right off, though the look on her face shows that she may have at least felt the impact.

So Burgurk and Shakti are up, Grayspear has Deflection -4 and her Cyber Combat gives her an additional -2 to all attacks... Boss Fight!!


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk goes on Hold, to say :
"Shakti - can you boost my Psionics abilities real quick?"

Whether or not she does, he adds :
"Shakti - you're probably best to help Jalera, altho we may need all the firepower we can get against Grayspear..."

Posting attack tomorrow morning.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

This is about to get crazy...

Shakti jumps into action as well, first boosting her speed, and then unleashing a tactic she has been holding in reserve for a more significant adversary.

Quickness on self: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Summon Ally: Two Clones: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
(4+(7+2-3)=10 PPE)

Two mirror images of Shakti appear, both exact enough to be indistinguishable from the original.

As the clones appear each instantly starts weaving magic.  Shakti herself, being more mystically capable than her copies, joins Jakara in working the ritual, while her one of her clones moves to attack, while the other works to enhance her allies.

Mysticism for Ritual: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Clone 1

Greater Boost Psionics on Burgurk: 1d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (1) = 14
Quickness on Sir Humphrey: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Quickness on Atlas: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (Fail)
(4-3)+(4-3)+4=6 PPE

Clone 2

Quickness on Self: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Quickness on Atlas: 1d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (10) = 23
Greater Shapechange: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
The other Shakti disappears from the large vault door chamber, to be replaced with the form of a full grown Flame Wind Dragon. The door and chamber were described as "massive" so I assuming there is enough room. If not, Shakti will have had her appear on the far side of the portal, near the crowd of thralls.
(4-2)+(4-4)+(9-3) = 8 PPE

Second round worth of actions coming from my quickened selves asap.

Edit:

I'm assuming Shakti can only act to advance the ritual once each round, and having done that in her first set of actions, she'll be unable to do so again until next round.

Shakti Prime

Greater Boost Mysticism: 1d12 + 3 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 3 + (9) = 241d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Quickness Burgurk: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Greater Boost Fighting Dragon: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
(4-4)+(4-3)+(4-3)=2 PPE

Dragon Shakti PPE 30 / ISP 20

The massive beast bursts into flame as this breed of wyrm to apt to do, and rushes in at Greyspear, trying to rend her with flaming claws.

Fighting w/Improved Frenzy: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage/AP8: 1d12 + 8 + 3d8 + 3d6 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (3, 3, 2) + (5, 2, 1) + (12) = 48
Damage/AP8: 1d12 + 8 + 3d8 + 3d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (1, 7, 5) + (6, 4, 1) + (4) = 47
Since Shakti's extra actions are derived from her extra arms, I'm assuming a dragon formed version would get only a dragon's normal number of actions.

Note: Everyone on our side but Jelara has quickness on, so make sure to use your double rounds. Of course, if Greyspear uses Quickness as well (which Cyberknights can) he may just take us back to normal time since we're all moving the same speed. Burgurk also has +4 Dice to Psionics, as requested.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

All I can say is...wow, Shakti! WOW! And, thanks!
Have to post my attacks tomorrow morning, work's gotten in the way.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Ayup. That was crazy!


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Feeling energized in multiple ways from Shatki's boosts, Burgurk proceeds to attack Grayspear :

Psionics & Wild - deflections: 1d12 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 6 = 81d6 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 6 = 1

And hits with a Raise, doing
Damage: 6d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 7, 4, 7, 2, 5) + (3) = 29 That ought to ring her bell!

And again
Psionics & Wild - deflections: 1d12 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 6 = 31d6 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 6 = 0

And again
Psionics & Wild - deflections: 1d12 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 6 = -11d6 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 6 = -2

On his second action, he repeats :

Psionics & Wild - deflections: 1d12 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 6 = 01d6 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 6 = 0

Psionics & Wild - deflections: 1d12 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 6 = 21d6 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 6 = -1

Psionics & Wild - deflections: 1d12 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 6 = -11d6 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 6 = -3

D*mn, -6 is hard to hit! Glad these didn't cost him any PP...


Savage Rifts RotRwT

okay.. now that I've had a chance to go through all that... nice work Shakti. Everything looks legit to me. Also, Burgurk, the -6 is only against technological attacks due to Cyber Combat. Your attacks and that of the dragon are only -4. Not that it helped in this case, but for future reference.

Shakti flexes her full divine power, splitting herself into multiple versions and altering the whole of reality to her favor. As she does so, the new dragon and the new psychokinetecist lay into Grayspear with all their combined might. The dragon's claw tears apart the armor Grayspear is wearing and the impact leaves her gasping for air. She doesn't have time to react as the second claw rips into her now bare stomach, rending it open and causing her to stumble back. As she attempts to recover, Burgurk's blasts hammer into her over and over again. She starts to collapse when a green vine-like tendril appears out of the Rift and drags her into it. She vanishes into the blue light. Before you can figure out what happened, Jalera yells.

"Hurry! Focus on closing that Rift!

I would have burned some Bennies to soak some of that, but it wouldn't have mattered.

Incapacitated Rolls:

One: 1d8 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 41d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Temporary Injury Location: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8Type: 1d6 ⇒ 3Battered, Vigor down to d6
Two: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -11d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Death and Defeat: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Round 2
Jalera-AS
Shakti-AD
Burgurk-KS
Humphrey-7H
Atlas-5H

You have accumulated 4/5 successes with Jalera's work. The creatures are inactive as Grayspear was not able to activate them in time, but the Rift is still open and you guys are up. I am quite sure that Shakti will be able to close it this round...


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

DM SBM - if the penalty is only -4, then my 2nd and 5th attacks would have hit (without a Raise) :

Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (7, 2, 7, 7, 5, 6) = 34

Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 4, 4, 8) = 23
Damage ACE!: 1d8 ⇒ 3 = 26

Could these have killed her before the vine snatched her?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Technically, by the rules, she was Incapacitated by the first dragon claw and got a permanent injury, the second one forced a other roll and she got the dead result, which for Wild Cards in Rifts is replaced by the death and defeat table. She rolled a 20, the What Happened result, better known as WTF. (Write the Fluff). I wanted to make sure your hits got counted too, so I embellished the description a bit.. Either way, you have a still open Rift to contend with and if you wish, you may go after her, assuming Shakti doesn't finish closing it first..

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas covers the meandering horde, ensuring they do not interfere with the conclusion of the ritual.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Whaaaaat? A measly 47 or 48 damage was enough to Incapacitate her? I was expecting her to have at least a 36 Toughness (altho how, thru RAW, I have no idea). What a wimp. ;)


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

I was actually expecting those swipes from the dragon to be under Greyspear's parry, particularly with her Deflection active.

Dragon Shakti snaps at the body held by the tendrils, attempting to pull it back before it is yanked through the Rift.

Bite: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
I am guessing "no".

Shakti prime continues to work the spell to close the rift altogether.

1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
With the minuses, I'm still not sure if that is going to do the trick, so I'll spend a Benny to invoke the Extra Effort setting rule to add an extra D6.
Extra Effort: 9 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ 9 + (6) + (6) + (1) = 22


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Yeah and to be honest, I wasn't expecting a dragon to show up either. That said, what's done is done, now for clean up...

The Draconic Shakti takes a last snap at the disappearing CyberKnight, but only tastes empty air. With a last great push of her might, Shakti herself manages to close off the Rift, but it saps some if her energy. 10PPE

Jalera falls to the ground, unconscious as her own energies are depleted. Atlas watches as the gathered group slowly starts to come to their senses. After a few seconds, one of them speaks. "Who...who are you? Where are we?" Others begin to repeat similar questions.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk immediately goes on the defensive, marshaling his psionic powers for an attack if any of them make any threatening movements. "Please stand still. What is the last thing any of you remember?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

One of them stands forward from the rest, a human male dressed in blue coveralls. "Last thing I recall was a bunch of creatures that looked very similar to you attacked our camp one night and took some of us. After that we woke up to this. Your turn. Who are you?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"I had nothing to do with your abduction. We just defeated the person who was holding you here, asleep, and after that, you all just woke up."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Exaulted Detect Arcane: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Shakti sweeps her penetrating gaze over the group of survivors, looking for any that might harbour any scrap or seed of the darkness they were exposed to. The creature might have chosen to plant a spark of itself within one in order to maintain a foothold in this world. She also takes a moment to look at the necklaces they wear, to see if they retain any shred of the creature's influence.

"Your minds were enslaved by a being from beyond this realm. The necklaces you wear were the device that allowed it to maintain control over you. I suggest you remove them now. Give them to me, and I will see to their destruction."

"We are soldiers of the Tomorrow Legion. You may direct you thanks to Castle Refuge."

"You are now free. I suggest you return to your dwellings and villages. If you have any concerns or wounds, you may make them known. If you bear any residue of the creature's magic, I suggest you make it known, lest it grow unfettered."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas simply stares at the empty space where the rift once stood. He looks almost...yearning?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti:
While the people themselves are relatively untouched, their necklaces certainly still contain quite a bit of the being's essence.

After looking at the rest of you and deciding that aggression is not in his best interest, the speaker backs down a bit. "We have not heard of this 'Tomorrow Legion', but if they are here to help, we could certainly use it. Mind, we don't know exactly where we are, but if you could guide us back home, it would be most appreciated." He collects the necklaces and hands them over to Shakti, though he seems unnerved by her many arms.

Other than some mental anguish and probably nightmares for weeks, these people are relatively unharmed, but none of them seem to have any means to simply walk home.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk says to the group "How many of you are familiar with <the name of the nearest town we came from>? If we took you there, could you find your ways home?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

"Most of us are from or work in Pux. A few of us live just outside of there, but I reckon we could find work in Pux for the time being. If you could just get us there, that is. I don't want to stay here any longer. What if whoever did this comes back?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk looks at the rest of the team and says "Is there any reason to stay here? Grayspear has been defeated if not killed, and in either case is no longer in this universe. Is there anything left to do here?"


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"It would likely be prudent for us to make certain the rift is closed for good. When Jelera regains consciousness, we can look for any residues it might have left. Perhaps in the meantime, we could scout for spoils? Greyspear had numerous minions under her control, and they had equipment. Weapons, energy cells, explosives, medical supplies, and even food would be useful for the return journey."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

A Quick Encounter roll from each of you detailing what skill you use will turn up some things you might find...

The Rift, for all intents and purposes, is closed. Could it be opened again? Maybe, but unless Jalera wakes up or Shakti decides to try, the point is probably moot.

"We didn't have much with us when we were brought here," the man says. "We would be happy to help you look for supplies though."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

In a mockery of breathing Atlas lets out an audible sigh and turns to the speaker. "The possibility of returning to this place, now that it is no longer an enemy base, is low.

If we are going to police it of useable goods, now is the time. Indeed, it seems to be falling into disrepair, and it is unclear if it will maintain structural integrity.

Let us take what we can and go."

Atlas begins an in-depth evaluation of the machinery and technological gew-gads that compose the underground base, evaluating each for the possibility of dissembling it and carrying it above-ground where it might find a more...benevolent use.

Repair!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Really?!?: 1d12 ⇒ 5 = eleventy billion
WILD Repair!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

DM SBM - I searched both SWD and RIFTS for "quick encounter" , and couldn't find anything. So with no other knowledge, I'm going to use my Notice to look for things...

Notice & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 5
Notice ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 11, a Raise

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]
Burgurk wrote:
DM SBM - I searched both SWD and RIFTS for "quick encounter" , and couldn't find anything.

Oh thank goodness. I thought I was the only one!


Savage Rifts RotRwT

It's a term from the new edition. It was originally added to the old edition via a pdf. It's basically a quick way of resolving an activity (including combat) without having to take too much table time, or in this case, board time. That said, I may have to roll for Humphrey, since we haven't seen him in some time. I'll wait until Shakti goes and then do that.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Alright, we'll assume Shakti and Humphrey are helping as well and with Atlas and Burgurk seeing ALL THE THINGS, here is what you find:

You spend an hour or so ransacking the facility in order to find supplies that you can use to help you make the journey with these civilians, taking them back to their homes. You find enough foodstuffs, that if rationed properly, will feed the group for at least a week. It shouldn't take you more than a day to get where you are going, so you could probably sell off the excess. You also find a not well hidden cache of pre-Rifts weapons. Atlas's historical files identify them as M16A4 assault rifles along with about 10000 rounds of ammunition. While this weapon has little hope against modern armor, it is certainly a deterrent to those without it. It is also worth money to the right buyer. Now, to convince the people to help carry all of it out.

With all that, the amount of pre-Rifts intelligence here could be worth quite a bit, again, to the right buyer. Then again, the Tomorrow Legion would probably want it and you would probably get paid little other than recognition for it. Either way, it is an amazing find and with Alana out of the way, it's open for the next claimant.

The civilians, for their part, just want to go home.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"We will take you safely back to Pux, guarding you from any threats, with food enough to keep you well-fed along the journey, if you will do something for us : carry these weapons and ammo along with us. We don't expect you to use them. Deal?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The speaker for the rest of the civilians nods his head. "We can do that. None of us are really warriors, but we will help where we can, of course." He stops briefly, looking at the others. "We don't usually trust outsiders, but we don't have much choice, do we?"

It takes a little over a hour to gather what you can and begin your journey back to Pux. With the map you have and Atlas's impeccable knack fro remembering things, it isn't too difficult to navigate the few miles back to the logging town. Jalera, for her part, is still unconscious and has to be helped back to the Mountaineer. It is difficult to tell how long it will be until she regains her senses.

You spend the next few hours making your way through tough terrain and what roads you can find to get back to Pux. Once there, you are greeted with a crowd of people, many of whom are holding their arms out for loved ones returned to them. One of the crowd walks up and holds out his hand. "Jared Flannigan. I was gone when you guys arrived, but the folks here caught me up to speed. I appreciate what you and the Tomorrow Legion have done for us. You are welcome to stay a while, but I suspect your duties might take you elsewhere."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk says to his comrades "I would like to sell the weapons and ammo on the "open market" rather than take them back to the TL. Does anyone object?"


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Not at all. These antiquated weapons would likely bring more in trade value then they would have utility if used directly."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Well, it looks like Humphrey has disappeared, and I know that Atlas is being slammed by work IRL, so...motion passed!

DM SBM, where would be a good place to sell such merchandise? Like, what's the nearest city that would have a weapons market?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Hmm..

Common Knowledge Success:
The closest place you can think of is Whykin, about 20 miles southwest of your current position. Selling anything in Whykin would require a license, but finding someone on the periphery wouldn't be too difficult.

Common Knowledge Raise:
You know the above, plus you also remember that one of the officers of the Whykin police had sent you to find Jalera. He may be able to help you find someone willing to buy the weapons.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Smarts-1(Simvan) & Wild: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 31d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

No idea.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Smarts-2 for Clueles: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 41d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

"Whykin is close to here, is it not?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The older logger, overhearing your conversation, says, "Yes, Whykin is about 20 miles or so southwest of here, but it may as well be 200 miles with all that wilderness between here and there. Your vehicle up to the task?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"There are no roads or even trails from here to Whykin? Your two towns don't do any trade at all? What kind of wilderness - light forests, dense forests - what?"

Depending on his answer, I'll have to ask DM SBM - *is* our vehicle up to it? :)


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Our vehicle is capable, after all, that is the route we used to come hither. If anyone wishes to make the journey alongside us, you would not be a burden. Jalera will be continuing on with us to Castle Refuge, as per our agreement."

1,751 to 1,800 of 2,095 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.