Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,451 to 1,500 of 2,092 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10
DM ShadowBloodmoon wrote:

As the both of you reach to knock on the door, it opens for you. Inside the first room, you can see two small children, a male and a female human, twins, playing a game with blocks. The blocks are moving, but neither child is touching them.

** spoiler omitted **

The children look up at you with pure white eyes.

"Play with us."

Do they also have shockingly pale blonde hair and matching, but slightly out of date outfits?

"Hello children; perhaps later. Is your mother home?"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Are they, perhaps, waiting for a car? =p

"Yes, children, I want to play with you. No, children, I should not play with you, as, at best, I would simply, without intention, destroy your entire dwelling and all your toys.

However, we need to speak with the adult that we beleive dwells here. Do you have knowledge of her location?

Also, again, I would threaten you, but, again, I do not think that would produce results.

Burgurk, please do not attack them."


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Wyrdlings, no doubt, yet still children. Sir Humphrey gives a surprisingly tender wave at the children. "But of course! Just a moment, youngsters!", he laughs out, giving a nod at the rest that he'll gladly take part. "I am Humphrey and these are my friends. Who are you?", he regales the rest with a wave of his hand. "Now, what shall we build?", he rubs his chin theatrically, plopping down on the ground. "If you want, I can tell you how to build the Wellington arch, and tell you the tale of a kingdom far, far away from this land..."

To the party:

A voice, akin to someone reading a letter echoes in your head.

Dear companions,
this is Sir Humphrey. I would gladly speak with the children. We should see whether their mother is home, but you must be wary, for this place is wondrous and possibly perilous, as you undoubtedly know for yourselves.

Kind regards,
Sir Humphrey.

Persuasion: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Psionics: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Hehe... no, but cool song nonetheless..

The children look up and smile as they pass the blocks towards Sir Humphrey. As they do so, they watch and see what he does with the blocks. While this is going on, all of you hear a voice in your minds.

"No, they are not wyrdlings, but they do enjoy living company. I know why you are here, but do you?"

Some shadows from the walls in the room start to coalesce into a vaguely humanoid form, though it stands nearly eight feet tall. Soon, the shadows fall away and in their place, a woman of obviously lupine origin stands before you, wearing dark green and brown robes.

Her voice is deep, but strangely soothing. "I presume the village told you of my evil atrocities and other such myths?"


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey stands up, sending a smile at the children, "...And then, they built a statue of the Admiral, more than the height of three grown men, and made from the shiniest copper!"

Giving a humble nod, the barrel-chested man extends a hand towards the lupine woman. "My apologies, madam, but your house invited us over." Although, one would assume their inner thoughts and vocabularies are the final vestiges of their inassailable solitude. Though company of the reasonable variety is never unwelcomed. He smiles. "My companions have heard the tale, as told by our rural neighbours. Though, as any philosopher would infer, to judge on a fellow sentient's character from one recollection is hubristic and shallow-minded." He harrumphs, giving a glance at the children playing with the impromptu Wellingon arch.

"We came looking for aid to the place of someone of rumoured power. Our situation is dire, no doubt, and we believe our cause righteous, is what I have to say." He stands pridefully, before nodding at the rest. "I want only to hear our request, and judge for yourself. At worst, I hope, we leave as strangers once more. At best, we take the first steps towards a future friendship." Nodding at his companions, he takes a step to the side, watching the children play with interest as he awaits a response

Rolls/OoC:

Persuasion: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

DM's post of the quest of why we are here:

DM ShadowBloodmoon wrote:

I have returned! Back to Rifts!

The captain nods and he pulls out a small electronic device. Pushing a button on it, he waits until a green light on it shines bright and then puts it away. "Now we may talk in private." He looks at each of you. "I am no fan of some of the laws of this kingdom, but it is my home and I will defend it, tooth and nail, the problem is, I am human, mostly, and my wife, my real wife, is not." He sighs. "You are complete strangers to this area, which makes you two things, deniable and expendable. The law would see you as such, regardless of what affiliation you stand for. Even the Tomorrow Legion is not exactly welcome here. I however have an eye for talent when I see it. My wife and children live outside of town about 20 miles to the Northeast, very near a village called Pux. While Whykin claims it as theirs, it is still mostly small settlements and the patrols don't usually go out that far. The thing is, I've caught wind of some rumors that, if gone unchecked, will point me out as a traitor because I have a non-human wife and children. The deal is this: I need you to go to Pux, find my family and get them to pick up and move, closer to Castle Refuge if you can, or at the least, Kingsdale. I know it's a long journey, but if you help me out, not only will your fines be erased, you'll have a friend in Whykin, something the Legion needs. When you find Jarela, give her this so she knows the message comes from me." He pulls out a shiny golden heart locket with a picture inside. It shows the face of a wolven creature with deep green eyes. The captain's face looks almost longing, but then it quickly returns to business. "Well?"

Of note, Janis took the locket. Maybe we can assume that Burgurk has it now?

"That is not originally why we sought you out," the assault mech booms. "We were requested to convince you to move closer to Castle Refuge, as close as you can.

However, at that time we thought you were...normal. Or as normal as the denizens of this place can be said. Now that it is known that you possess power which can be put to use in a martial capacity, and that we are facing a foe that is beyond our capabilities, if you could see it in yourself give us aid in return for easing your move, that would be...symbiotic."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk says "We were sent by one who cares for you" and pulls the locket out of a pocket and hands it to her.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The wolven woman nods as Sir Humphrey speaks. "You have a lot to say, for a military man. I am used to judgement from outsiders and even those who I thought I could protect. My... abilities... throw people off." She then looks at the machine man and then the Simvan with her love's locket, taking it and turning it over in her large hands. "I wish it were so easy to simply move. This is our home, like it or not. I miss him, I do, but I would have to pick up a lot more than just 'our things' and go somewhere else. You see how welcome we are here?" She looks at Shakti. "You understand places of power, yes? There is one near here, but that Grayspear has some control of it. If we leave, I allow her full control of it and then nothing can stop her. Not even that half-deranged dragon that lives with the humans. He seems to have made a deal with her, one I must admit I don't fully understand." She sighs, an invisible weight appearing to crush her tall stance. "That and if I move closer, he will want to see me more and his position will be jeopardized and his people will ostracize him. I couldn't do that to him."

The children stop playing for a bit and wonder at their mother's words.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"I would like to believe myself a Renaissance man, madam,", Sir Humphrey replies in a grateful voice. "But you are too kind.", he nods. "Barbarity is, alas, rampant across these lands. None who breathes this British air should be shunned for things outside their command!", he spurts out spiritedly, his resolve strengthened.

"Ah. Few things are as simple and as complicated as love.", the man harrumphs, his fingers drumming on the hilt of his hammer, as he sighs deeply. "If you would excuse my presumptions and oversimplifications,", he says, a cunning note appearing in his eyes. "But you are correct, then should we fail to stop Grayspear, our fate will be, hrmph.", he glances at the children over his shoulder. "And this place of power. Should we wrest control from it, and defeat Grayspear by ourselves, we will not march back into the Legion as a scouting party, nay!", he raises his fist. "We will march as heroes, yourself and we, and none shall challenge us, what we are and whom we love!" Victory, or peril. Who dares, wins!

"But of course. I'm not too proud to admit I know little of the ways of magic.", he gestures towards Shakti and Burgurk. "Those two are the foremost experts in the field that I know, (Also, possibly, the only two experts in the field that he knows) and I believe together we'd be able to outwit the Grayspear." He stares into the wolfen woman's eyes. "Let us wrest control of the place of power, together!"

Rolls/OoC:

Persuasion: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Boom: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Jarela nods solemnly. "You are right. If we can rid Grayspear of this place and take over control of the nexus, that would help Pux, but then, who would take it if I move away? I can't just leave it here for the next evil person to take it and use it against whoever they wish."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk says, somewhat gruffly (but he thinks he's being gentle) "One thing at a time. If you can help us...remove...Grayspear from the place of power and take it over yourself, *then* you can talk to your lover about the problems of moving. We would be glad to send him any message you wish."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

"I can help you." She stands a little taller. You can sense power building around her. "I presume you have a plan?"


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Then you presume much; but then you've not yet got to know my colleagues. We have more challenges than solutions thus far. To sum up, we have discovered that Greyspear is under the domination of an Alien Intelligence. While she has not yet fallen entirely to its corruption, it controls her actions. She wears a pendant that allows her to control a nigh-inexhaustible army of undead waiting across a nearby rift. It in turn also amplifies the intelligence's influence and allows it to dominate her. We do not yet know exactly how she controls, or disperses the undead, but it does appear to have at least some limitations. We killed a dozen or so of her mercenary crew, though she will likely have at least some mundane support. Lastly, she has our teammate, and her Glitterboy, though it is fortunately out of ammunition for its main gun."

"Our plan, if you can call it such, is some variation on using mobility to get Greyspear to commit her undead legions in some area, and then outmaneuver them in order to either get to her stronghold, or keep them distracted long enough for a sniper to get within striking distance. Once there, we split into two groups; one attempts to remove or destroy her pendant if possible, or kill Greyspear herself if necessary; the second finds the Rift, and attempts to close it, cutting her off from the source of the influence, or at least her undead warriors."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk says "I don't see much chance of success for any of those plans. We'd need a fast truck or van to outrun the undead, and once we get to Grayspear's stronghold, there's no guarantee that we can get inside quickly, much less silently, leaving us trapped between a stronghold and a zombie hoard. Finally, I know you are new to this place, but it takes a LOT of power to close a Rift, I'm not even sure any of us can even attempt it."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Jalera smiles a toothy grin. "Well, then not all is lost. While Grayspear is a minion of some other intelligence, she can still be killed. Without a host in this world, the intelligence will lose some of its power here. That should be enough for us to close the Rift and send those things back where they belong. Do you have the firepower to hold off that many and her mercenaries and take her down? It will require all you have and possibly more. I will be focused on keeping the intelligence out of the fight and preventing Grayspear from bringing more of the undead in."


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

A wounded harrumph leaves Humphrey's mouth in response to Shakti's cynicism. "Perhaps so, but I have utmost confidence in your ability to untangle this Gordian knot!", he boasts.

Rubbing his chin, deep in thought, he points forwards. "If I have understood you correctly, then our foe cannot maneuvre the bulk of its undead forces with any meaningful alacrity. Thus, should we draw her here, we'd not be facing this shambling horde of yours." He taps his sword. "Where it is rather crass to brag, I am not the worst duelist out there.", he smiles. "If I were to get close enough to the foe, I daresay I would be more than capable of cutting away a necklace, with or without the head attached."

"So, what is our course? Do we wish to draw her out here, or march into the den of the beast itself in a charge of glory?", he asks. "To lay one's life defending this faraway realm from such malevolence, is a fate many will dream of. It comes to the men and women of today to stand tall, and deny this fate!"

Still Crazy.

GM - the place of power nearby is different than the Rift she uses to summon the undead, I'm assuming.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10
Burgurk wrote:
"I don't see much chance of success for any of those plans. We'd need a fast truck or van to outrun the undead, and once we get to Grayspear's stronghold, there's no guarantee that we can get inside quickly, much less silently, leaving us trapped between a stronghold and a zombie hoard. Finally, I know you are new to this place, but it takes a LOT of power to close a Rift, I'm not even sure any of us can even attempt it."

"As I said before, if I am relatively fresh, I can manage it. That much at least is still within my power."

It takes 30 PPE; I have 20 myself, plus 10 I can pull from my staff. I also have 10 ISP that can be converted to PPE at a 2:1 ratio, giving me a total of 35 to draw on. Not a lot of wiggle room, but doable.

"As to your other points, I agree, which is why I was in favour of finding a solution involving bombardment or a weapon of mass destruction. Besides this fool's gambit, the only other option mentioned was I believe a stealth infiltration, which would be a tall order when our target knows full well we will be coming."

"As to whether to approach her or draw her out, I believe it is a false presumption to assume we can draw her out at all. She has demonstrated on multiple occasions that she knows where we are, and has never bothered to approach us herself. I think she knows that we will need to come to her, and therefore has no need to risk herself coming to us. Aside from that, she represents the Intelligence's link to this realm; losing her would jeopardize its ability to assert influence here. While what remains of Greyspear might seek to imperil herself for that exact reason, it would be foolish of the influence to allow her physical form anywhere near danger when there is no advantage in doing so."

"Instead, the best strategies from her position would be to stir up distractions to delay us, or attempt to anticipate or discern the method of our approach, so that her forces can lay an ambush, or set up a trap for us trigger upon our inevitable arrival. We must remember that our advisory here is called an 'Intelligence' for a reason."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]
Sir Humphrey Worthington-Smythe wrote:
"Perhaps so, but I have utmost confidence in your ability to untangle this Gordian knot!", he boasts.

"I would untangle a knot...by crushing it!"

DM ShadowBloodmoon wrote:
Do you have the firepower to hold off that many and her mercenaries and take her down? It will require all you have and possibly more...."[/b]

"I continue to not have any grenades. My effectiveness at laying down suppressing fire would be greatly enhanced by the presence of grenades.

That said, I have ever been in favor of drawing the enemy horde to us, and then outmaneuvering it so we could attack her stronghold."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"You realize that when you released the pressure, the knot would merely revert to its former, uncrushed state? You could at least said something like blasting it or the like. It would still be a foolish thing to say, but at least it would make sense. Even Alexander's original solution of cutting the knot displays a certain limit in scope, in that it disregards the premise of the knot, which was that it needed to be untangled. By cutting it, he did not demonstrate that he could defeat it, as he instead created two tangles where before there had been one. What he actually demonstrated was that he was unwilling to play by the rules set out before him. So, either he was a wise man who refused to let his enemy choose the field of battle, or he was a petulant child and he cheated."'

"Although his malfunctioning continues to be a source of amusement, the tin soldier's inability to move past that point of fixation does suggest one advantage; that in the same way his limited capacity has left him unable to move past that one strategy, that similarly a plan that simply exceeds the Alien Intelligence's logistical abilities could also suffice. Since we believe they cannot maneuver their army of undead quickly, a feint and thrust could allow us to access the stronghold where stealth is unlikely to succeed. Of course, as Burgurk acknowledged, if we miscalculated, we would be crushed between the two forces."

"Would there be any way to improvise a WMD? I believe a lot of the technological devices around here run off miniaturized fission devices. Would it be possible to modify one to produce a self-sustaining energetic chain reaction? If we could, and deliver it to a point near the stronghold, the blast radius might be sufficient to destroy her."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Sorry, I'd forgotten that Shatki could possibly close a Rift - it was said so long ago in real-time...

Burgurk asks Jalera "You said you could prevent Grayspear from bringing more of the undead in. Can you supress her ability to do that completely? And if so, for how long? And how close would you have to be to her to do that?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

"I can keep her from opening the Rift enough to bring more in, but it will take all of my concentration to do so. As long as I'm within sight of her, I can do it." She frowns at Shakti a bit. "While your suggestion is sound, she is in a facility meant to resist such devices. We would have to bring it inside and get out before it detonated."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"The best plan I can think of is to get a *very* fast vehicle, drive like mad up to the stronghold, try to get in before the zombie hoard catches up to us, find Grayspear in the stronghold, have Jalera inhibit Grayspear from summoning more zombies, while the rest of us try to dispatch Grayspear.

...I'd give that plan about a 40% chance of success.

Can anyone think of anything better?"


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Rubbing his chin at Shakti's explanation of the Gordian knot, Sir Humphrey nods. "Excellent, indeed. Or, it could've simply been a statement that violence is a simple answer to complicated problems!" He flashes a smile at Shakti.

Sir Humphrey harrumphs thunderously as Burgurk makes his summary. "40% is more than enough!", he laughs, thumping his chest. "As for the WMD, hrmph.", he scratches his head. "I must admit that I have forsook most of my technical education on the altar of sophistry and humanities." If there's a regret in Sir Humphrey, it doesn't show. "Thus, I believe this option outside our options."

He claps his hands, once again beginning to pace. "For Mister Burgurk's plan, we would require a vehicle and a driver far more capable than I." He glances around. "Any volunteers?"OOC, none of us has a single point in driving, which is tragic, yet hilarious. "For Miss Shakti's plan, we would similarly require a vehicle and a capable technician." He scratches his head. "Which, again, lies outside my expertise. Mister Atlas TwentyOne Dash Twelve?", he ponders for a moment, then shakes his head.

"We could attempt to use our skills at subterfuge, however there is one more stratagem I believe we must attempt.", he smiles. "We know that the draconic protector is bound by his word to not raise his, hrmph, claw against Grayscale. Though, an entity with such incredible abilities may be able to assist us in getting there rapidly and undetected, while still not breaking his word." He smoothens his moustache. "And the task of convincing him of this... creative interpretation falls upon me."

He glances around. "Should we attempt to secure the dragon's assistance in such manner before reconsidering other options?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Remember, you do have a Mountaineer vehicle from the Legion, though it isn't very fast...


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Can it outpace a hoard of shambling zombies? :)

"First off, I'd find out if we can *all* travel on his back while he's flying..."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"You truly have a dizzying intellect," Atlas states to Sir Humph, not really grasping where he was headed. "Yes, I am able to repair anything that can be repaired, if that was the nature of your query."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Depends on who is driving I suppose, but I would give the Mountaineer the advantage. :)

Jalera inclines her head a bit, seeming to ponder something before speaking. "Either way, we give her more time to ponder a counter attack while here. I will go to prepare the things I need to combat the Rift, then I will join you. I do not believe the dragon will assist us directly any further." She then goes to collect some things around the house, but first, she stops where the kids were playing. You notice that the children seemed to have vanished, leaving no trace of the blocks they were playing with or anything else that would indicate their presence. Jalera smiles in her wolfen way and then continues to do as she said.


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"Marvellous, Mister Atlas!", Sir Humphrey nods as the cyborg states out his skills in the mechanical arts. "To war, then.", he grins out like a, well, a madman, as he raises his vibrosword in the air.

Okay. We still don't have a driver, unless the wolfen woman does drifting in her spare time, but with enough bennies and enough unreasonable decisions, we should be able to pull it off.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Note that for ordinary driving conditions, you don't have to roll, so no skill is needed...
And, Burgurk has the Boost/Lower Trait power, and lots of ISP's, so he could maintain it for at least 10 minutes...of course, he'd be drained by then, and not much help in the following combat.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

When Jalera and the rest of you are ready, you pile into the Mountaineer ATV that was procured from the Legion for your mission. You still have the map to the facility that is supposed to house Grayspear and her minions, so it isn't difficult to find your way there again. As you approach the main road through the forest that leads there, you find a hastily built fence about 100 meters ahead and standing around it seems to be at least ten of those armored mercenaries she seems to like to employ.

Map Updated, Sir Humphrey, you will have to login to Roll20 so I can allow access to your token.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Wait, I remember something," the assault mech says as he maneuvers to the rear of the Mountaineer. "Most vehicles of this type have a compartment devoted to emergency supplies. However, as the Legion is concerned less with rescuing civilians from snowy mountains and more with peace through superior firepower, most of them," he scrounges around, and eventually opens a heretofore unseen compartment revealing an assortment of lethal grenades, "were converted to other cargo."

He scoops up the cache of explosives and quickly reloads his drum-barrel loading mechanism. "There. -Now- I am ready.

I council going up to the mercenaries and murdering them. What is your plan?"


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

Sir Humphrey harrumphs in approval as the cyborg grabs a large assortment of grenades. "As much as I find the Grayspearites displeasant,", he pats his chin, "I believe that our mission is far too important for us to waste time on simple mooks and thugs." He furrows his brows. "Though, since I find it difficult to come up with a ruse to fool them into waving us by, I must admit, combat appears to be unavoidable.", he ponders, fingers dancing on the hilt of his impact hammer.

"Unless... We introduce ourselves as vultures of the battlefield, and I suggest to them that we are merely passing on towards more peaceful feeding grounds, our craven minds and finely tuned cowardice suggesting to us that woe betides these lands. If we're lucky, we would be on our way. If they decide to inspect the cargo, then, well, we shall be beset by glorious battle." Patting his pockets, he takes out a sizeable pack of bills, before grinning. "The mercenarial mind is prone to wavering at the winds of currency, is it not? Drive me forwards, Mister Atlas, and let us see if money gets us out of this predicament!"

My suggestion is trying to bribe one of the guards with my, admittedly, miniscule amount of currency to let us pass as 'scavengers'. If someone has any money to add to the bribe, that'd be nice. It'd be the classic 'let me shake this money-free hand with you, border patrol agent, and we'll be on our way', and if that doesn't work, we go guns blazing.

But for the start, let's fly casual towards them.

Rolls/OoC:

Initial money roll, as I haven't spent anything: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 700 credits


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"We must assume that Grayspear knows what we look like, and has alerted her troops to our description. I say we drive at high speed until we are within 100 feet or so, dismount and attack with ranged weapons, using the vehicle as cover."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Jalera, is it your intention to be the one that closes the portal, or should I reserve my energy in order to accomplish the task?"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

The Assault mech makes a coughing sound repeatedly. At first it sounds like he has some unassailable sickness, until it becomes clear that he's laughing. "That is a fair, idea,
Sir Humphrey Worthington-Smythe. I would have attempted it, save for the hard data that Burgurk has stated.

You could attempt it yourself, but that would be suicidal.

I have a more specific plan:

We drive back and at 150 meters distance, medium range for my weapon, I lay prone.

All of you drive back another 50 meters. You exit the vehicle and set up your fighting position.

I open up on the foemen. They will either die to my uncanny aim, or they will close the distance.

When they close, all of you will open up on them, forcing them to either waste their power against my hardened chassis, or waste even more time advancing on you, pinning themselves between us.

What do you think?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Even if they were upon you in that scenario, I'd be at medium range for my mental blasts, which I don't like. I'd have to be within 35 meters or so of them to maximize my blasts. Also, have you considered the possibility that they may have ranged weapons too, and so would not need to advance to hit you? What then?"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"From the battle you first had with units of this type, they preferred to close. No military unit with long-range weapons would be so close unless they needed to. Hence, if that is their preferred fighting style, I suggest we begin counter to that.

Also, I have the greatest damage resistance of any of you. Since they did not annihilate you utterly at your first encounter, that means they will have significant difficulty piercing my heavy plate. If I can find any cover, then even moreso.

They must either engage a difficult target in difficult conditions while I pick them off at will, or they must come closer to increase their own chances.

The plan is not perfect. It may need tweaks. You may be at 35 meters. Or all of you, if that is optimum. I do not know what the fighting capabilities of Sir Humphrey Worthington-Smythe are, so that still depends.

The government bureaucrat should probably hide in the vehicle though."


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Damnit, he's glitched again; we don't even have a bureaucrat. Oh well, as long as it is shooting in the other direction, we will have to manage. Perhaps we should set up a failsafe? If it begins to target friendlies, would could detonate it without compromising our combat focus."

"The rest of what it is saying is tolerable, even if it is generic. I imagine it is only accessing and reciting some basic treatise on tactics. Though if even one of them has a rocket launcher, his hardened chassis will likely end up scattered over a significant area. Of course, with his limited function, such a use could be ideal; it would alert us to the presence of heavy weapons, while simultaneously removing a potential liability."


Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 11*, Toughness 10(4)*; Fighting d12+2 Notice d4+2, Shooting d8, Psionics d6; 10 ISP

"I believe myself a capable duelist, Mr. Atlas.", Sir Humphrey adds, hand over his hammer. Raising a finger at the android and Shakti in a middle of an argument, Sir Humphrey harrumphs. "I excel at the point where the battle is truest and one glances into their foe's eyes. Or, be in in the events where I've faced combat androids, photoreceptors.", the bolsterous man adds.

"But, we mustn't tarry!", he slams the steering wheel. "The stratagem is tangled enough, and they may get suspicious and blast us while we quibble like a hung parliament.", he slams his fist once more. "I say, you ready to pounce on whatever opens the back door, should they do so. I'll attempt to wave us through, and if that fails, engage their cowardly ranks as soon as I can." Pushing the Mountaineer into a slow crawl, Sir Humphrey advances towards the outpost, stack of bills on the seat next to him.

I get that tactics are important, it's just that we're 100 meters away, and we're in a car, so they undoubtedly see us, too. So, I suggest everyone gets ready to pounce if someone opens and inspects the inner components, but Sir Humphrey would try and b++!&##+ regardless. That way, we still get the first shot (hopefully), and if worst comes around, we have the Mountaineer as cover. Which isn't all too good against rocket launchers, but nothing is.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"I concur. Let's stop here, and let Atlas move a little bit forward, dig in and do his thing, see what happens, and take it from there."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Jalera nods affirmatively at Shakti. "Yes, I will keep the gate closed if you can keep them away from me. It looks like the checkpoint has noticed us lingering here." She points to the front view port and you can see some of the soldiers pointing towards your vehicle. None have come to investigate however. As you start driving forward, several of them take up firing positions and begin sighting in the Mountaineer. It appears they aren't interested in talking to anyone, except maybe the one you see putting a hand to his helmet and then pointing to various locations along the barricade...

My PC is having Internet issues at the moment, so I can't edit Roll20, but how close do you want to drive?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

We first spotted them at 100 meters, and Atlas wanted to back up to 150 meters, but Burgurk suggested that we stop here and let Atlas advance, and Humphrey wants to move forward to try and bribe them(!). So...anyone else have an opinion???

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Okay, time to get cracking. Let's say that this all is still happening at 100 meters, and take it from there.

"Stop moving. I'm going to get out," the big mech says before opening his door. "This is a fine location for you to entrench and await the counter-assault. Be ready.

The Emperor protects," he finishes axiomatically before exiting the vehicle and immediately dropping on his belly.

Atlas leaves the party at their position 100 meters away from the enemy and begins crawling forward.

Stealth!: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
WILD Stealth!: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

With an agility that is uncannily eerie for a machine so big, he crawls through the tree-strewn underbrush with hardly a sound.

When his onboard range-finder tells him he is 75 meters away from the enemy, he soundlessly crawls up to one of the larger trees, take a position just to the side, hiding most of his body, and slowly, carefully, aims his rail-gun down range at the enemy that has his hand to his helmet, calling the shots.

His A-TAC system signals it's ready. In his head he hears the familiar voice that even the best Refuge engineers could not modify.

'Activating protocol 24; elimination of enemy commander. The Emperor Protects.'

The the world exploded.

Full Auto 1! Auto and RDS(2) and AIM!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 4
Full Auto 2! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM!!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 4
Full Auto 3! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM!!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 5
Full Auto 4! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM!!: 1d12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 4
WILD Full Auto! Auto and RDS(2)and AIM!!: 1d6 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 6

Full Auto Damage 1! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8) + 4 = 15
Raise!: 1d8 ⇒ 7 = 22
Full Auto Damage 2! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 8) + 4 = 20
Raise! Raise!: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 =28
Full Auto Damage 3! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 7) + 4 = 14
Full Auto Damage 4! AP6!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

Note 1: I am prone and behind cover. Note 2: Even if the enemy is behind medium cover, I have a free point of RDS that would negate that. Note 3: That d12 is some BUTT!!


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Alrighty then! Initiative Time. Here's the run down: Also! I just realized I haven't drawn adventure cards for our new players. Do you guys remember which ones you still have? Otherwise I'll draw new ones for this mission. I have drawn Arcane Inspiration for Shakti (regain all power points) and Adrenaline Surge (get and additional and immediate action) for Sir Humphrey. If we need it, Atlas gets Ace (gets a free success with automatic raise), and Burgurk gets Let's Settle This (play in a combat round with no Jokers, No one can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.)


Sir Humphrey- AH
Atlas- KS
Grayspear Mercs- JD
Shakti- 9H
Burgurk- 7H
Grayspear Sergeant- 6D
Jalera- 5H

GM Stuff:

Merc Group Notice: 1d8 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 1
Merc Sergeant Notice: 1d8 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 2
Group Pace: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Atlas, a hulking brute of a cyborg is still able to make his way towards the side of the road without any of the mercenaries noticing, even as they aim their rifles at the Mountaineer. The certainly notice when he opens fire with his railgun though. Three of the mercenaries fly backwards in a heap as the 20mm shells rip through them, another takes cover as his armor is peppered with shrapnel. The rest of them turn their weapons towards where the cyborg is shooting from and open fire with their laser rifles, but the bolts only hit trees and sizzle the dirt around him. Sir Humphrey fearlessly leaps from the back of the Mountaineer and runs towards the trees for cover as well as he close the distance between him and the heathens.

Sir Humphrey may go any time and interrupt any action this round, otherwise Shakti and Burgurk are up.

EDIT: Botting Sir Humphrey


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Forgot all about those cards, that seems like forever ago...

Mysticism: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Using her power as before, Shakti taps into knowledge of infinite firefights across infinite realities, embracing the memories and bolstering her skill as a marksman. She takes aim at the mercenaries lined up across from her, and using the Mountaineer as cover, sprays them with laser fire from a rifle raised to each shoulder.

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (5) = 11 (8,9,12,11)

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (8) = 211d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (11) = 241d6 ⇒ 2 (21,11,7,24)

Using L20 Pulse Lasers. AP 2. I've marked each shot's damage with the corresponding Shooting result. Under each is the total damage if that shot resulted in a raise. Hope it makes sense.

Damage(8): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 1 = 7
Raise: 7 + 1d6 ⇒ 7 + (1) = 8
Damage(9): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 1 = 12
Raise: 12 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ 12 + (6) + (5) = 23
Damage(12): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) + 1 = 12
Raise: 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 12 + (5) = 17
Damage(11): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) + 1 + (1) = 13
Raise: 13 + 1d6 ⇒ 13 + (4) = 17

Damage(21): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) + 1 + (6) = 19
Raise: 19 + 1d6 ⇒ 19 + (5) = 24
Damage(11): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) + 1 + (5) = 18
Raise: 18 + 1d6 ⇒ 18 + (5) = 23
Damage(7): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 1 = 9
Damage(24): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) + 1 + (4) = 17
Raise: 17 + 1d6 ⇒ 17 + (3) = 20


Savage Rifts RotRwT

I think I might be missing a couple of things in your actions Shakti, so bear with me. 3 total actions= cast spell, shoot, shoot. No penalties. Shooting boosted from d6 to d12+1 with Greater Boost costing 4 PPE, no problem. Now for the fun: -4 for range, -2 for Medium cover. First Burst gives you 2, 3, 6, 5, causing two hits. Second Burst gets 15, 6, 1, 18 for 3 hits, two with raises, but the last couple of targets are just out of range. 1st Target Shaken, then down. 2nd Target down. That hundred meters changes at angles unfortunately. I think that about covers it. No pun intended :)

Shakti unleashes a barrage of angry red laser fire, burning right through the cover and boring holes into two of the mercenaries. The rest of her fire splashes ineffectively against the barrier they've put up.

Burgurk is up!


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

I can't find any reference to "adventure" or "cards" in the Gameplay posts that talks about Adventure Cards...
And how did Shakti take *three* actions with no MAP (and shoot twice with no penalty without Two-Fisted)?!? I want to learn how to do that! And without Ambidextrous, there should be an additional -2 to one of the rifles' entire set of shots.

Sticking to the sort-of plan that was agreed on, Burgurk waits for the mercenaries to approach Atlas so they'll be within his range.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Her race gives her Ambidexterity and Extra Actions x2. As for the cards, I could have sworn we did those. Maybe it was in the discussion thread. Either way, now you all have one to play with.

Seeing that they are taking fire from several places, the sergeant unpacks a weapon from the back of his armor, aims it at the Mountaineer and fires. A tell-tale plume of missile exhaust tells you that he means business.

Shooting: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 51d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 1
Rocket Damage AP11: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 3) = 14

The rocket explodes spectacularly, but it appears that the projectile didn't penetrate the front armor of the vehicle and only cracked the windshield and burnt the paint from the front end, mangling some of the rollbars, but nothing significant. Jalera stays inside the vehicle, attempting to keep it from being hit again. Sir Humphrey continues to run towards the battle, his laser pistol ready to take on the first one that he gets close enough to...

SirH Run: 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 12 + (3) = 15

Round the 2nd
Sir Humphrey- KH- Getting closer
Grayspear Sergeant- QS- Giving Orders
Jalera- JC- Magic Armor the Vehicle
Burgurk- 9S
Atlas- 5S
Shakti- 4C
Grayspear Mercs- 2S

The Rest of you are up!

Burgurk:

Danger Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 5
You get a feeling that the sergeant has just called in something that will be coming from the sky very soon...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10
Burgurk wrote:
And how did Shakti take *three* actions with no MAP (and shoot twice with no penalty without Two-Fisted)?!? I want to learn how to do that! And without Ambidextrous, there should be an additional -2 to one of the rifles' entire set of shots.

Quick answer is 6 arms, which as SBM mentioned, is a racial thing. As you can imagine, Multi-actions are kinda her shtick. I didn't take two fisted as that just seemed like unnecessary overkill. The down side is that she is not very strong, and doesn't really have access to heavy weapons. She can generate a lot of suppressing fire, but is kinda depending on lucky rolls to actually down the guys. She is also going to be out of ammo very quickly, and will need to reload both rifles after this round before she can do a third barrage.

SBM range and cover; sounds reasonable to me.

Mysticism: Greater Farsight: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d10 + 1 + 1d10 ⇒ (10) + 1 + (3) = 14 Greater Farsight: Doubles weapon Range Increment and eliminates rage penalties (2 raises reduces cost to 2 PPE)

One more buff on myself, and then I'll start spreading the love... I have a lot of really good buffs I can share as well. I'd do Farsight on Burgurk if I could to extend his range, but it is one of my armour's abilities, and not my own, so I think I can only use it on myself.

AP 2; -2 for cover included, Range Penalties negated by Greater Farsight
Shooting: 1d12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 2 = 41d12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 2 = 71d12 + 1 + 1d12 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (11) - 2 = 221d12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 2 = 101d6 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) - 2 + (1) = 5 (Best Four: 5, 7, 22, 10)

Shooting: 1d12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 2 = 81d12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 2 = 81d12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 2 = 11d12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 2 = 101d6 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) - 2 + (3) = 7 (Best Four: 8, 8, 10, 7)

Damage(5): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) + 1 + (5) = 18
Damage(7): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) + 1 + (1) = 12
Damage(22): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) + 1 = 11
Raise if applicable: 11 + 1d6 ⇒ 11 + (1) = 12
Damage(5): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) + 1 + (1) = 13
Raise if applicable: 13 + 1d6 ⇒ 13 + (1) = 14

Damage(8): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 1 = 7
Raise if applicable: 7 + 1d6 ⇒ 7 + (5) = 12
Damage(8): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) + 1 + (2) = 12
Raise if applicable: 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 12 + (2) = 14
Damage(10): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 1 = 10
Raise if applicable: 10 + 1d6 ⇒ 10 + (2) = 12
Damage(7): 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) + 1 + (1) + (6) + (1) = 25


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti continues her weapons fire into the mercenaries and a focused burst takes out the sergeant and the other rifle rakes through two more of them. Somewhere in the distance is heard a loud series of thunderous booms.

1,451 to 1,500 of 2,092 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.