[SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok (Inactive)

Game Master EwokBanshee

Maps


351 to 391 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 2 | NG | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7; | Init:+1, Percep:+9 | spells 1st 3/3;

"Let's go back to the ship as quickly as possible"

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

The group says their goodbyes to the ship and the Skreebara carcass then sets off. Behind them trail some skids carrying the majority of the crew and an extremely large turret. Obozaya and CD1 give very few complaints, even though they are doing most of the heavy lifting.

The trip back is rather uneventful. Most likely, everything in the nearby area is hiding from the Skreebara or is inside it's decaying stomach. After packing everything into the hold of the ship, Salvo slides into the leather chair and the crew sails off into the sunset.

END OF PART 4

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Part 5

Final part! My goal was to finish by 1/4, and it looks like we are on track!

The crew of the Odyssey celebrate as Salvo breaks through the atmosphere. It will be nice to be off that desert death trap of a planet and back home on Absalom Station. Several members of the group are searching the ship for any more hidden rewards and snacks from Venture-Captain Arvin when a warning klaxon blares, and the ship lurches. The asteroid field around the world of Ulmarid is more agitated than on the descent down to the surface. Although it’s not clear what has caused the anomalous activity, what’s certain is that you must reach safer altitude before a more serious collision occurs.

Salvo, give me a piloting check to navigate this asteroid field. Same as before, our brave captain can assist with a Piloting or Diplomacy roll. Finally, our Science Officer can scan the field with a Computers check to help him navigate safely.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Piloting Assist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Brob supplies helpfully. "Hey, Sal! Dodge that one! And that one! And... you get the idea."

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 2 | NG | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7; | Init:+1, Percep:+9 | spells 1st 3/3;

Dyukela scans the asteroid field.

Computers: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Flush Helps!:
Computer(Scan): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Um, watch the dense ones there, there, and there, DOWN um er RIGHT... DOWN! UP! NUAR!" Nuar? Bonus points if that reference is picked up...

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Well, Salvo hasn't posted. But... I just noticed that the incredible assistance and Salvo's bonus is an auto pass.

Thanks to his own skills and the helpful advice and tools supplied by his teammates, Salvo guides the crew through the asteroid field safely. Not even a scratch on the paint. As the Starfinder vessel emerges from the deadly field unscathed, a cheer goes up among the crew. This may have been a touch to early, however! All at once, the science officer's systems glow red as a new dot appears from behind an asteroid!

In the helm, a large vessel of rusted metal can be seen as it slips from behind an enormous asteroid, its weapons already firing. The front of the ship resembles a stylized skull with crossed bones beneath—a clear indication of space pirates!

Culture, DC 12:

There are symbols of Besmara on that ship! Besmara is the goddess of piracy, space monsters, and strife. You recognize that Besmaran space pirates are a growing threat throughout galactic shipping lanes, and that such pirates throw themselves into combat with a boisterous zeal—it is rare to talk one’s way out of combat with an approaching Besmaran pirate ship.

An enormous torpedo shoots out of the enemy ship and rapidly approaches the Odyssey. Luckily, Salvo remembered how the other Starfinders were shot down and performed evasive maneuvers. The torpedo crashes into the adjacent asteroid. Yay for help from previous Parts!

Brob, looking at the data pad from Exegara, recognizes the pirate vessel. "IT'S A TRAP! " Salvo, recognizing the danger, turns the ship in a tight 180. Yay, help!

Dyukela downloads the file to her computer and laughs. It has the logs of several scans the Eoxians were able to perform on the Lawblight .

Lawblight Scan:

 Medium transport
Crew: 6
Speed 6
Maneuverability average (turn 2)
AC 13; TL 13

HP 70; CT 14
Shields 15/5/5/5

Weapons
(Forward) coilgun (4d4), heavy torpedo
launcher (5d8)
(Aft) gyrolaser (1d8)
(Turret) coilgun (4d4)

Map's Updated!

Initiative:

Salvo: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Pirates: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22

You win! The pirates move forward, chasing down their prey.

You're up!

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Okay, um, let me ah get over to ah Engineering! Um! Hang in there!"

Flush was helping with the Science stuff, it takes one 'turn' to move from a station to another station if memory serves, so this turn Flush is switching to the Engineering station.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

As the ships close, Obozaya gets on her turret, ranges the enemy, and fires...

Obozaya on the turret:

Turret: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 234d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1) = 5

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Brob flips open a channel, taunting the pirates.

"Rising up, back in the seat
Did our time, took our chances.
Beat this resistance and get back to the fleet!
Stick with me and you know we'll survive!"

Aid gunner: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 2 | NG | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7; | Init:+1, Percep:+9 | spells 1st 3/3;

Dyukela tries to target enemies weapon system.

Computers: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Obozaya, are you trying to take it easy on them? Why didn't you fire the BIG turret gun?"

With that, X5 attempts to "fire at will" and fire both forward weapons.

Forward Coilgun: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 194d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 3) = 9 (BAB/Pilot=1, Dex=2)
Forward Heavy Laser Cannon: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 = 184d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 7) = 16 (BAB/Pilot=1, Dex=2)

Like shooting swamp rats back home. "I found a small exhaust pipe that is about 2 meters wide. We'll see what happens when those shots get to the end of the pipe!"

first hit is a crit?

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Could you confirm, the front of each of our ships is the part the forward drawing touches? That what I presumed and how I flew.

Salvo presses in to try and bring them in close for a darting dogfight. As he charges the enemy ship he spins around a central point and dodges to either rapidly shifting side.

evade DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Unfortunately the only real effect is to make him slightly dizzy.

[b]”Don’t forget the missiles, though we only have a few of those so try and be sure to hit. I thing we can safely say these folk are what caused the death of our fellow Starfinders, so I don’t see any reason to take it easy on them.”[/ooc]

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Round 1

Engineering Phase
The coms fill with labored breathing as Flush runs back to his post, from assisting with the scans. I believe you are right, Flush.

Enemy's Engineering Phase:

Divert to Weapons, DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Helm Phase
Captain Brobdingnagian begins singing over the coms, but forgot to hit the 'speak' button. Unfortunately, his lovely tones go to waste. DC 15 for Encourage. Meanwhile, Salvo attempts to spin the ship in his classic hard turn maneuver. Unfortunately, his turn only goes 180 degrees, leaving everyone upside down.

Alone at the scanners once again, Dyukela locates the Lawblight's weapons and highlights them for the gunners. DC 8 to target a system.

Enemy's Helm Phase:

Taunt, DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

A low, growling voice echoes within the helm.
”Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!
We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho!
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot!”

A chill goes down Dyukela and Brob's spines as they hear the pirate captain's voice and see the enemy ship coming closer. -2 to Captain and Scientist rolls for 4 rounds. Ouch.
Taunt Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Gunnery Phase
Obozaya let's out a traditional vesk war cry and send hot lead into the thick forward shields of the Pirate vessel. X5NSA, using a computer to control both the forward laser cannon and the missile turret, finds a weak spot in the pirate's defenses. Actually, ships roll a critical on a 19 or a 20. So, both of those were crits! Also, per the Discussion thread, I'm switching your 4d4 to 4d8.

Missile Launcher Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 3, 5) = 20
Missile Launcher Critical: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 4) = 13
Coilgun Critical: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 4, 8, 3) = 17
Holy crow, two critical 4d8 hits on the first turn really shortens a combat. Wow.

The two shots finish off the front shield and enter into an exhaust pipe, headed straight towards the center of the ship.

Critical Hit: 1d100 ⇒ 10 Life support Glitching
Critical Hit: 1d100 ⇒ 99 Power Core Glitching
Critical Threshold: 1d100 ⇒ 82 Power Core Malfunctioning
Critical Threshold: 1d100 ⇒ 94Power Core Wrecked!!!

Enemy's Gunnery Phase:

Forward, Torpedo Launcher: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage!: 5d8 ⇒ (2, 7, 8, 3, 2) = 22
Damage!: 5d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 4, 8, 6) = 27 Wow, that's quite the revenge shot.
Critical Hit: 1d100 ⇒ 65

Forward, Coilgun: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage!: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 2) = 9

The Lawblight fires back with a vengeance, piercing the Odyssey's front shields and hitting the auxiliary engine. [ooc]Engines are glitching, -2 to all Pilot rolls.

Next Round's Initiative
Salvo: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10
Foe: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 - 4 = 14
You lose, so you move first! With two turret weapons, and a weapon on 3 sides, you will be guaranteed to get a shot off. Roll you to hit rolls, and we'll see which quadrant he ends up in.

Status:
Odyssey: -4 Piloting, -2 Science for 4 rounds.
Lawblight: -4 to EVERYTHING. -2 to Captain. All Engineer actions except hold it together and patch fail.
Enemy: 17/70 HP 0/5/5/5 SP
Starfinders: 0/15/15/20 SP ; 56/85 HP

Lawblight Scan:

 Medium transport
Crew: 6
Speed 6
Maneuverability average (turn 2)
AC 13; TL 13

HP 70; CT 14
Shields 15/5/5/5 

Weapons
(Forward) coilgun (4d4), heavy torpedo
launcher (5d8)
(Aft) gyrolaser (1d8) 
(Turret) coilgun (4d4)

 


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

My Bad, I didn’t change the stats for the gun in my macro! I’ll stay on the small one. X5 you do the big one.

Obozaya’s Gunnery:

Turret: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 184d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 3) = 10

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

That...was...AWESOME!!

"I'll try to hit the same spot. Maybe we can make it explode from the inside to repay our fallen brethren." X5 attempts to duplicate the double punch.

If the bad guys stay in the forward arc, then the second shot changes to the heavy laser cannon damage.

X5 on the turret missle:
turret shot: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 64d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 7, 8) = 22 (BAB/Pilot=1, Dex=2)

X5 on the quadrant weapon:
quadrant shot: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 24d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 2) = 11 (BAB/Pilot=1, Dex=2)

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"EEEEEESH! Um, what are you ah, doing up THERE?" Flush hollers as she sprays an extinguisher on a smoking panel, then pulls out her spanner to 'calibrate' the shields.

'Calibrate' the shields' (Boost Shields) DC 18:
Engineering (Take 10): 10 + 11 = 21
5% of 150=7, all going to Arc that doesn't have shields atm.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Assist Obby's Gunning with Piloting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"So many times life goes by too fast
But we still have chances for glory!
Don't lose your nerve or fade into the past
You must fight! Keep us safe and alive!"

Almost shouting, the halfing's voice rings out!

"It's the demise of a pirate!
It's the thrill of the flight!
Rising up to avenge our fallen comrades!
We'll leave no survivors
If we win in this fight!
Just don't blink or you'll miss the demiiiiise of a pirate!"

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 2 | NG | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7; | Init:+1, Percep:+9 | spells 1st 3/3;

Dyukela will assist Flush.

Assist: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Do I have to spend one round to move to the engineer?

Grand Lodge

*BOT BOT, LEARNING HOW TO FLY*

Salvo, with some help from the auto-pilot, flies alongside the ship, making as tight a turn as the armored vehicle will allow.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Round 2

Engineering Phase
Flush, hard at work alongside Dyukela, restores some shields back to the ship.

Enemy's Engineering Phase:

Hold it Together!!!, DC 19: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 4 = 8

Helm Phase
Captain Brobdingnagian, really getting into it now, sends his rock anthem through to the entire ship, inspiring Obozaya.

Enemy's Helm Phase:

Boost Piloting, DC 10: 1d20 + 9 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 6 = 9
Flip and Burn, DC 19: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 21

Meanwhile, the pirate vessel shoots past the Odyssey, and pulls a daring maneuver. With a blast of the emergency brakes, the pirate vessel turns on a dime and suddenly their large front guns are once again focused on you!

Gunnery Phase
Obozaya spins the turret to match the aerial dancing and sends another laser blast into the weakened front section of the pirate's metal skull.
Critical Threshold: 1d100 ⇒ 65 Engines glitching!
During the pirate's tailspin, the vesk manages to clip a rear engine, creating a small explosion. Unfortunately, X5NSA's computer algorithm was overworked and misfires both guns.

Enemy's Gunnery Phase:

Forward, Torpedo Launcher: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 4 = 11
Damage!: 5d8 ⇒ (2, 4, 7, 3, 7) = 23
Forward, Coilgun: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13
Damage!: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1) = 5

The power core on the pirate vessel flares up under the strain of firing the large front cannons. The large tubes flash then grow quiet as the core fails them. An angry, slightly slurred voice comes over the coms. ”Oye, that was just a warning!” Off in the distance a small voice can be heard. ”Captain, our batteries are running low! I'm not sure if we can fire again!” This is followed by a gunshot and the coms cut out.

Next Round's Initiative
Salvo: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 = 13
Foe: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 - 4 - 2 = 11

You win, so the pirates move first! The pirate vessel's engines roar as it does a fly by of the smaller Starfinder vessel.

Status:
Odyssey: -4 Piloting, -2 Science for 3 more rounds.
Lawblight: -4 to EVERYTHING. -2 to Captain, -2 to Pilot. All Engineer actions except hold it together and patch fail.
Enemy: 7/70 HP 0/5/5/5 SP
Starfinders: 7/15/15/20 SP ; 56/85 HP

Lawblight Scan:

 Medium transport
Crew: 6
Speed 6
Maneuverability average (turn 2)
AC 13; TL 13

HP 70; CT 14
Shields 15/5/5/5 

Weapons
(Forward) coilgun (4d4), heavy torpedo
launcher (5d8)
(Aft) gyrolaser (1d8) 
(Turret) coilgun (4d4)

 

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Um, aim to disable. They may um, have ah, additional information we ah, need to er, take back with us!" Flush offers in a moment of panic as she 'calibrates' the shields some more. "Um, and ah, thanks for the ah, help, Dyu! Keep it er, up!"

'Calibrating' shields:
Engineering(Boosting Shields, Take 10): 10 + 11 = 21
Think that's another 7 points of shields back?

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 2 | NG | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7; | Init:+1, Percep:+9 | spells 1st 3/3;

"No problem Flush, I do my best!"

Dyukela will again assist Flush.

Assist Flush: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Having heard there was a desire to simply incapacitate the enemy, Obozaya fires at their engines...

Obozaya Gunnery:

Turret: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 74d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 3) = 11

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Recalibrating targeting array."

fire at will:
turret missile launcher: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 64d8 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 6) = 18
quadrant weapon: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 24d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 3) = 11
"I think we may have a computer virus in the targeting system that is deliberately missing the pirate ship." flavor text for continuing to roll low numbers. :)

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Grittting his teeth Salvo tried to flip and spin the ship but is having clear problems with her engines. ”Hey Flush, can you get our engines back up? Getting a bit tricky to fly up here.”

flip & burn dc21: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6

A stuttering burst of thrust flips the ship back into its original heading.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Piloting Encourage for Sal's Initiative next turn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Working late tonight. Will try to get a post up, but didn't want to slow things down.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Round 3

Engineering Phase
Flush and Dyukela work together to restore some life back into the damaged shields.

Enemy's Engineering Phase:

Patch, DC 24: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21 So close!

Helm Phase
Captain Brobdingnagian, quiet for the moment, stares at Salvo and resists the urge to back seat drive. Meanwhile, Salvo reads the scans and, using a less-than-elegant maneuver, brings the ship into the blind side of the Lawblight.

Enemy's Helm Phase:

Boost Engineering, DC 10: 1d20 + 8 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 6 = 8
Target Weapons, DC 12: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12

Gunnery Phase
The silence permeating the ship is palpable. The lack of Captain Brob's sweet, luscious voice throws both Obozaya and X5NSA for a loop. They both stare at the speakers, longing for another note of that delicious halfling voice. Both fail to aim properly as a result.

Enemy's Gunnery Phase:

Turret, Coilgun: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 4 = 24 This might be the most ridiculous rolling I've ever seen.
Damage!: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 1) = 12
Damage!: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 1) = 9 One point of damage through your shields! So close.
Critical hit: 1d100 ⇒ 21 Sensors Glitching
Critical Threshold: 1d100 ⇒ 13 Sensors Malfunctioning

The pirate ship's turret turns, tracking the Odyssey. A large laser blast follows the smaller ship, impacting the shields. For a moment, it seems as if they have absorbed the impact. But, the last shred of plasma breaks the shield, moving forward and knocking out the main Satellite Array. Dyukela swears as his scans go black.

Next Round's Initiative
Salvo: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 + 2 = 11
Foe: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 - 4 - 2 = 8

You win, (Barely!) so the pirates move first! The pirate vessel chases after the group, hot on the tail.

Status:
Odyssey: -4 Piloting, -6 to Science for 2 more rounds.
Lawblight: -4 to EVERYTHING. -2 to Captain, -2 to Pilot. All Engineer actions except hold it together and patch fail.
Enemy: 7/70 HP 0/5/5/5 SP
Starfinders: 14/15/15/0 SP ; 55/85 HP

Lawblight Scan:

 Medium transport
Crew: 6
Speed 6
Maneuverability average (turn 2)
AC 13; TL 13

HP 70; CT 14
Shields 15/5/5/5 

Weapons
(Forward) coilgun (4d4), heavy torpedo
launcher (5d8)
(Aft) gyrolaser (1d8) 
(Turret) coilgun (4d4)

 

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 2 | NG | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7; | Init:+1, Percep:+9 | spells 1st 3/3;

"Captain scans are dead!"

Dyukela assists Flush.

Assist Flush: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Fix the um, engines? Okay, um, sure." The clanging and banging that sounds forth from Engineering doesn't *sound* like Flush is *fixing* anything... but something should be coming back on-line about... now.

Fix the Engines Quickly (Increase DC by 5)??:
Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"That ah, do the um, trick? And um, Dyu, watch out for that um, arcy-sparky bit, that's not um, a design feature!"

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"I think I've got it. This one is for the Unbounded Wayfarer!"

fire at will:
Turret shot: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 14d8 ⇒ (7, 8, 6, 6) = 27 (BAB/Pilot=1, Dex=2)

quadrant weapon shot: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 44d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 2) = 11 (BAB/Pilot=1, Dex=2)

"Arrrrggh! Obozaya, I think we are infected with the bad dice virus. Running antivirus scan and quarantine."

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 flavor text only to get rid of the bad dice :)

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal smiles ”Already? Great job and thanks! Let’s test your work, also buckle in or hold onto something.” and with those words and a full three seconds of warning Sal throws the maneuvering thrusters into full power backwards and snaps the entire ship like like a whip as he tries to make the enemy ship shoot past them.

Back off DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya fires away at the opponent...

Obozaya Gunnery:

Turret: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 254d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 2) = 8

Critical: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 2) = 8

"I don't know what you are talking about, I am shooting fine."

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

COMBAT OVER.

Kaboom! The two engineer's hard work pays off, allowing Salvo to guide the ship into just the right position. With a squeeze of the trigger, Obozaya sends a larger laser between a gap in the pirates shields. It goes down the exhaust pipe and sends a series of explosions rippling through the vessel. Every pirate on board is on their way to a plane nobody wants to go to.

Well done! I'm glad a gunner could finally break the poor dice karma.

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Alright, um, WOOOO!" Flush offers then turns back to repairing the sensors and other systems. "Um, scan the ah, field for ah, anything um, valuable when I"m done in ah, few minutes um, here?"

Given that it's not combat I think Flush can get the systems to a point they can be used?

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"You're welcome Obozaya. I cleaned the last remnants of the targeting system virus."


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

"Great job geek."

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 2 | NG | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7; | Init:+1, Percep:+9 | spells 1st 3/3;

"We need to hurry up to Absalom Station. We could meet another hostile ship if we do not hurry!"


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

"That would be unfortunate for them if they were to try their luck with us, we have the best geeks around on this ship."

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

The crew fervently works to repair the ship. A few hours, and quite a few spools of solder and duct tape later, the ship is working again. Salvo leads the rest of the group home.

After an uneventful trip through the Drift, the sight of Absalom Station is a pleasant one. Venture-Captain Arvin greets you at the docking port as you arrive. His warm smile is quite welcome after such a traumatic trip. ”You can undergo the tedium of a complete debrief later. First, I’ve arranged for you all to enjoy a few days’ downtime in Kemanis, at the high-end clubs, theaters, and VR parlors. You’ve earned it. But,” he warns, with a sly twinkle in his eye, “after that, it’ll be time to put you back to work.”

Part 5 complete! Well done everyone, that was such a fun game! I hope you all enjoyed it!

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

ABSOLUTELY!! First PbP for me and it was a blast. Thank you!

351 to 391 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.