[SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok (Inactive)

Game Master EwokBanshee

Maps



1 person marked this as a favorite.

I will be GMing a SFS game for Into The Unknown, the evergreen quest pack. It is a series of five Starfinder Quests designed for 1st-level characters. (Not just pregens).

We will be doing a weighted lottery, open now until Thursday at 6:00 PM, Pacific Time. At that point characters will be chosen and we will start in earnest on Friday. Please post the following information.

Character Class:
Level:
Have you played this quest pack before? :
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? :

 NOTE: One spot is being reserved for GM Wolfspirit. (Yay GM swaps.)

Please be prepared to post a minimum of once per day. I tend to post my large posts during the evenings, Pacific time but will check in during the day. I expect quality posts, with more than just dice rolls or OOC text. During combat, I will bot any player who has not posted within 24 hours. Outside of combat, all choices will follow the "rule of 2", and players will only be botted if there is an important skill roll which they are necessary for.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Synopsis:
When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

"Into the Unknown" includes five adventures that take the PCs from exploring Absalom Station, to partaking in starship combat, to exploring an alien world. The fifth adventure in the series provides a stunning conclusion that takes the PC's previous accomplishments into account for a climactic final showdown against an enemy starship.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Hi, would love to join with this character

Level: 1
Have not played this quest pack before
Have played Claim to Salvation which has starships

Prepared to post once per day. Will be harder on weekends but will try.

Wayfinders

Character Class: Operative
Level: 1
Have you played this quest pack before? : No
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? : No

If you choose B4B2 this will be my first Starfinder game. I am long time Pathfinder player but I did not yet played Starfinder.
I will be grateful if you choose my character too play in your game.

Most days I can post more than once per day.


Level 1 Technomancer (I could use a different iconic if desired)
I have played it
I have played a starship combat game

Posting once per day is no problem.

I have a friend who this would be his first PBP and only second Starfinder scenario. Hopefully he posts soon. We want to play together.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Character Class: Mystic
Level: 1
Have you played this quest pack before? No, but it sounds interesting
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? I'm in the middle of my first starship combat in another game right now. The learning curve is steep.

Grand Lodge

Raia Danviri wrote:


I have a friend who this would be his first PBP and only second Starfinder scenario. Hopefully he posts soon. We want to play together.

When he pops in, let me know who he is so I can make sure to include you both as a single unit for the lottery!


GM Ewok wrote:
Raia Danviri wrote:


I have a friend who this would be his first PBP and only second Starfinder scenario. Hopefully he posts soon. We want to play together.
When he pops in, let me know who he is so I can make sure to include you both as a single unit for the lottery!

Will do!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Hah, completely forgot to post character class.

Markar
Class: Soldier
Level: 1
Have not played this quest pack before
Have played Claim to Salvation which has starships

Thanks for running. I'll be quiet now :)

Exo-Guardians

Character Class: Mechanic (Combat Drone)
Level: 1
Have you played this quest pack before? : No. Have only played 1 Starfinder mod so far.
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? : No. Only played the Commencement.

Posting once a day is fine with me.

And I am the friend of Raia Danviri that would like to play together if possible.

Wayfinders

Thanks, but do not take me into account because I'm recruited in the other game.
Unless I can play with some other character?

Grand Lodge

B4B2 wrote:

Thanks, but do not take me into account because I'm recruited in the other game.

Unless I can play with some other character?

You can submit another character. This is an evergreen, so you could theoretically be in the same scenario with two characters in two games.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Just poking in.

Character Class: TBD (I can fill in whatever gap there is)
Have you played this quest pack before: Roughly 3 times
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before: At least 6 Starfighter combats


Let’s see, you’ve got...

1) Wolfspirit - TBD
2) Markar - Level 1 Soldier
3) B4B2 - Level 1 Operative
4) Raia - Level 1 Iconic (I’m flexible)
5) Cora - Level 1 Mystic
6) X5NSA - Level 1 Mechanic

Acquisitives

I would also like to sign up. Level 1 Ysoki envoy here. I'll have my character sheet filled out within the next 12 hours!

Character Class: Envoy
Level: 1
Have you played this quest pack before? Nope, first time
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? Yes, one completed and one ongoing in another PBP game

Dataphiles

Hello!

Not to make things ah, difficult, but ah, here to to do a thing.

Character Class: Mechanic
Level: 1
Have you played this quest pack before? Nope.
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? Yes, once at GenCon in-person.

EDIT: If it turns out I can't fit in, I'm okay with that. Was just hoping to get both Commencement and the quest pack in before L2.


Interested in signing up with a Lashunta Solarian.

But here's a question:

I'd like to do this with my #701 character. However, I am playing as a pregen in a pbp for SFS 001 -Claim to Salvation and am registered as 701 there. It is my first game.

Is it legal for me to start this scenario before that one is finished? I don't think it is, but since the other character is a pregen I thought I would check.

Wayfinders

Character Class: priest mystic
Level: 1
Have you played this quest pack before? : No
Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? : No

I can post more than once per day.

Acquisitives

Arratoi wrote:
I'll have my character sheet filled out within the next 12 hours!

My character sheet has been updated!


Update:

1) Wolfspirit - TBD
2) Markar - Level 1 Soldier
3) B4B2 - Level 1 Operative
4) Raia - Level 1 Iconic (I’m flexible) paired with X5NSA
5) Cora - Level 1 Mystic
6) X5NSA - Level 1 Mechanic paired with Raia
7) Arratoi - Level 1 Envoy
8) Flush - Level 1 Mechanic
9) Peet - Level 1 Solarian
10) Dyukela - Level 1 Mystic

Grand Lodge

Peet wrote:

Interested in signing up with a Lashunta Solarian.

But here's a question:

I'd like to do this with my #701 character. However, I am playing as a pregen in a pbp for SFS 001 -Claim to Salvation and am registered as 701 there. It is my first game.

Is it legal for me to start this scenario before that one is finished? I don't think it is, but since the other character is a pregen I thought I would check.

Ya know... I will look into that and get back to you! If not, you could make a Second character and play it here.

The Exchange

I'd like to give it a shot.

Class: Mercenary drone Mechanic
Level 1
I have played it before(and run it. I'm actually in it with another character in a different PbP.)
I've also both played and run starship combat before.

I'm newer on the PbP sene here but I think I've shown a good adherence to post quality and frequency.


Update:

1) Wolfspirit - TBD
2) Markar - Level 1 Soldier
3) B4B2 - Level 1 Operative
4) Raia - Level 1 Iconic (I’m flexible) paired with X5NSA
5) Cora - Level 1 Mystic
6) X5NSA - Level 1 Mechanic paired with Raia
7) Arratoi - Level 1 Envoy
8) Flush - Level 1 Mechanic
9) Peet - Level 1 Solarian
10) Dyukela - Level 1 Mystic
11) Darkling - Level 1 Mechanic

Grand Lodge

Redelia wrote:
They cannot play that character until the pregen's game is done. The only exception is GM credit.

Update for Peet: Our venerable venture agent's quote. Unfortunately you won't be able to play your 701. If you want to create a 702, you can enter the lottery.

Thank you Raia for keeping track of things.

About 9 hours till the lottery is closed and I will draw names!


What we need is 1 more character to sign up, and then Ewok needs to run 2 sessions:

Table 1:

1) Wolfspirit - TBD
2) Markar - Level 1 Soldier
3) B4B2 - Level 1 Operative
5) Cora - Level 1 Mystic
7) Arratoi - Level 1 Envoy
8) Flush - Level 1 Mechanic

Table 2:

4) Raia - Level 1 Iconic (I’m flexible) paired with X5NSA
6) X5NSA - Level 1 Mechanic paired with Raia
9) Peet - Level 1 Solarian (or something else apparently)
10) Dyukela - Level 1 Mystic
11) Darkling - Level 1 Mechanic
12) XXX

I'm just sayin'

The Exchange

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I am interested. This would be my first PbP game.

Character Class: Operative(Neb Archardi - Half-Orc) or Star Shaman Mystic(Hedd Lonegaze - Dwarf) (different boon characters).

Level: 1

Have you played this quest pack before? : Yes, multiple times.

Have you played in a scenario featuring starships before? : Yes, but never PbP(see Above)


Update (Please note, several respondents apparently have the character they originally posted tied to other games, so I expect they would play "something other than" what they are playing in those games, but who knows. Thus, major changes below.):

1) Wolfspirit - TBD
2) Markar - Level 1 Soldier
3) B4B2 - Level 1 (Probably something other than Operative)
4) Raia - Level 1 Iconic (I’m flexible) (paired with X5NSA)
5) Cora - Level 1 Mystic
6) X5NSA - Level 1 Combat Drone Mechanic (paired with Raia)
7) Arratoi - Level 1 Envoy
8) Flush - Level 1 Mechanic
9) Peet - Level 1 (Probably something other than Solarian)
10) Dyukela - Level 1 Mystic
11) Darkling - Level 1 Drone Mechanic
12) Shaudius - Level 1 (Operative or Star Shaman Mystic)

Grand Lodge

Alright... Raia's convinced me. Somehow. So, good news. We're doing two tables! With... some concessions. See below.

Table 1
Flush
B4B2?
Raia
X5NSA
Dyukela
Wolfspirit

Those above were those selected via the lottery. We will start in the game tomorrow. Please move over to the Gameplay tab and ninja-dot. I'll post the opening post soon.

Table 2
Arratoi
Markar
Peet?
Cora Jex
Darkling
Shaudius

Table 2! You were not chosen by lottery, but there is still hope! I will run your table as soon as the first table is past the first section. (That will help me organize better.) That will probably be in 1-2 weeks. But no matter what, I will start you guys before November ends. If anyone in the second table isn't interested in waiting two weeks, please let me know and I will fill your spot. Please check in on the new thread for table 2.

TABLE 2!


Woot! Congrats all!

Wayfinders

B4B2 plays another scenario.

Well, one place is open guys :)

You need a new pilot!

TNX!


B4B2 wrote:

B4B2 plays another scenario.

Well, one place is open guys :)

You need a new pilot!

TNX!

But you can play a different character!

Wayfinders

Dyukela is my different character but he is not a pilot. :)


Oh!!!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Ah.. Markar's juusst been picked for another game. Thanks much for putting me in table 2. I can either use one of my other characters (an Envoy) or, if you think that it's better for someone else to have a chance, then please give them the spot. Either way thanks so much for running!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
B4B2 wrote:
Dyukela is my different character but he is not a pilot. :)

Didn't realize I counted you twice! You are not locked into the pilot roll, your mystic will be much appreciated in the game if you want to play.

Markar wrote:
Ah.. Markar's juusst been picked for another game. Thanks much for putting me in table 2. I can either use one of my other characters (an Envoy) or, if you think that it's better for someone else to have a chance, then please give them the spot. Either way thanks so much for running!

Your envoy would be welcome! The nice thing about Society is that it doesn't require a perfectly balanced party.

Wayfinders

Thank you! I've already started playing your game as you can see in the gameplay tab. :)

Sorry for that confusion I caused.

Grand Lodge

Dyukela wrote:

Thank you! I've already started playing your game as you can see in the gameplay tab. :)

Sorry for that confusion I caused.

That's what I get for checking the recruitment tab first! Silly me.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

GM Ewok wrote:
B4B2 wrote:
Dyukela is my different character but he is not a pilot. :)

Didn't realize I counted you twice! You are not locked into the pilot roll, your mystic will be much appreciated in the game if you want to play.

Markar wrote:
Ah.. Markar's juusst been picked for another game. Thanks much for putting me in table 2. I can either use one of my other characters (an Envoy) or, if you think that it's better for someone else to have a chance, then please give them the spot. Either way thanks so much for running!
Your envoy would be welcome! The nice thing about Society is that it doesn't require a perfectly balanced party.

Thanks so much, I'll wait for your signal when Table 2 is ready to begin :).

Dataphiles

EDIT: Thank you very much for having me along on this!

So, posted in the gameplay thread hope that wasn't a bad thing. You said 'ninja dot', but there was already rp there and it's just rude to ninja dot when there's other people there?

Grand Lodge

'Flush' Gurdon wrote:


EDIT: Thank you very much for having me along on this!

So, posted in the gameplay thread hope that wasn't a bad thing. You said 'ninja dot', but there was already rp there and it's just rude to ninja dot when there's other people there?

You're totally good! Table 1 is starting now!

Dark Archive

If a spot opens on the second table I will be interested!

Grand Lodge

Ilmakis wrote:
If a spot opens on the second table I will be interested!

Funny you should say that... we do need another*! You're in. See my link from yesterday and dot in. We will start in less than two weeks.

*I moved Darkling to Table 1, because I accidentally double counted a player.

Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / [SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok Recruitment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.