[SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok (Inactive)

Game Master EwokBanshee

Maps


201 to 250 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

CD1, ever faithful to master, fires a shot at the skeleton who is rushing the group. This draws the skeleton's attention, causing him to send a claw towards the drone's armor. It scratches along the surface of the armour, but does not penetrate.

AoO@CD1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The reaction cannon spits lead at the skeleton, ripping a large chunk from it's skull. Still upright, the monster turns back towards Flush. Flush, in a bout of anxiety, does not draw her weapon. Instead, she swats at the skeleton, missing hopelessly. Her great-great-grandfather rolls in his grave. Salvo adds fire to the barrage, continuing to damage the skeleton.

The skeleton turns it's head, backwards, around in a circle. Finally, it rests on Flush. ”Skull. Need your skull.” Then it steps forward and claws at the Vesk! His claw makes an enormous scratch across the front of Flush's chest, reaching flesh.

Claw@Flush: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The skeleton who appeared out of the corridor on your left runs forward. Seeing the living blocked by unnatural metallic beings, he turns the corridor towards Dyukela. He takes a swipe at the back of his head, making contact.

Claw@Dyukela: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Not learning from the mistakes of their peers, two skeletons lurch out of the darkness and run straight towards Obozaya. As the come, their bony feet scratch along the metal grating of the floor. From unnatural and invisible lungs comes a moan. ”Skulls...” Each makes a swing at the enormous vesk. The second, beside the harsh light of the computer monitor, deals a blow to the Vesk's thinner shoulder plate.

Claw@Obozaya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Claw@Obozaya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The PCs in bold may act. Anyone, in bold, who does not act within 24 hours will be botted, for sake of time.


Obozaya 3/8 SP
Sal
X5NSA 1/6 SP
CD1
Dyukela 5/7 SP
Brob
Flush 0/7 SP

Foes:
Green 5 dmg

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Flush has armor on, just fyi! Heavy armor, even! But if the claw went through that's just how scary these things are.

"Target: Skull: Already Taken: Cannot Have." Flush says in a strangely youthful yet mechanical tone as she sweeps around with her tail to bash at the target in front of her.

Vesk Bodily Weaponry: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Brob winces as three of his teammates get struck. Trying to decide between which to help, he continues singing, and reinvigorates one of his comrades.

"They're so cold!
But keep this in mind:
We'll prove stronger yet
And they'll die!"

Using Inspiring Boost(EX): Regain 5 Stamina
(If green survives this round of attacks, I'll target Flush. If green goes down, I'll move to the gold star and target Obozaya)

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela will make a guarded step back from skeleton and he will try to hit him with another piece junk.

to ht KAC - blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sorry, had a busy weekend, but I still should have gotten back to this faster.

Still wishing to keep the group from being surrounded and to gain a better shot Sal will move to the point where he can see down the near hall (Provoking, I could try tumbling but it’s actually impossible for me to make with the full movement penalty). He will then fire on either anything down that hall or if nothing is there the green skeleton. Barking an order into his custom rig ”Mark, fire for accuracy, nearest threat.” will cause Mark to fire into the green skeleton.

Sal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d6 ⇒ 5
Mark: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d10 ⇒ 8


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya roars her displeasure at the creature having touched her, and she swings back with her mighty doshko...

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

That should handle THAT one!

As the skeleton's bones fall to the ground, she grins, "do not strike a Vesk, lest you be ready for the consequences!"

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

Thank you. Now I can conserve ammo. X5 pulls a tactical baton with his free hand and swings.
Tactical Baton at Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 (BAB=0, Operative Dex=2) Bludgeon, Analog, Operative

“Take that! This incessant quest for skulls does not make any sense. Why is it that you need our skulls?”

X5 directs CD1 to the new target. presume green goes down and will now shoot at blue...if not, CD1 will fire at green.
Reaction cannon, light: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 ⇒ 4 (BAB=1, Dex=1, Weapon Focus=1) Pierce, Penetrating

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Flush pauses for a millisecond. You almost see a flash behind her eyes. Then, her body moving far more gracefully than before, she swings around and slams her tail into the skeleton crew member's skull. Hitting the point weakened by CD1, it shatters and the bones fall to the floor.

Good use of a star marker, Brob.
Sir Captain Brobdingnagian moves through the throng and calls out to Obozaya. She is filled to the brim from his courageous song and feels more energized than ever. Dyukela, distracted by the permeating aura of cold emitting from the wall, sends another bone shard flying through the skeleton's rib cage. Another cold damage.

Sal leaps over the still bones of the skeleton, shouting a word of thanks to Flush. Moving around the corner cautiously, he heads down the hallway and into the darkness where only his mousy eyes can see. No target for shots, so I had you explore further. Feel free to move somewhere else.

Obozaya rears back and sends her doshko through the skeleton from head to toe. The whole being is nearly atomized from the ferocity of her attack. It is a good thing these crew members are naught but bones, for the bodies are piling up in the corridor.

Here comes part of the fun of PbP. Attacking things that are already dead. I'm going to reroute both attacks to Blue.
X5NSA moves to pull his baton but stops as the skeleton's bones fall to the floor. Instead, he squeezes the trigger and sends a shot down the hallway. It collides with the ribcage of the skeleton, creating a large hole. Following him up, CD1 also fires a shot at the skeleton but misses.

The skeleton ignores the blast and steps towards Dyukela and lets out an almost-sentence. ”Skulls for the skull throne...” Slashing at the Shirren, the claw bursts through his thin armor. Skin still protected, the Starfinder will undoubtedly have a bruise in the morning. As the skeleton leans backward, it is pulled towards the wall and it's bone appear to thicken.

Claw@Dyukela: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The second skeleton takes a step forward and aims a vengeful claw at Obozaya's face. ”No consequences...for us...” Missing her head by an inch, the claw instead digs into the already damaged shoulder plate.
Claw@Obozaya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The PCs in bold may act. Anyone, in bold, who does not act within 24 hours will be botted, for sake of time.


Obozaya 6/8 SP
Sal
X5NSA 1/6 SP
CD1
Dyukela 1/7 SP
Brob
Flush 0/7 SP

Foes:
Blue: 3 Damage

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Flush slaps a quick piece of duct tape across the rent in her armor as she moves down the corridor to catch up with Sal and make sure that her fellow mechanic isn't moving forward without support. Fluff, suits have bunches of redundancies, etc.

"Flanking Maneuver: Ill-advised solo effort: Rendering Assistance." she utters in that strange tone while unlimbering her pulse-caster rifle.

Double Move

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

"Show them how it ends!
It's alright
Show them how defenseless
They really are!
Hollowed out and empty inside
Yeah that's right
Let's give this another try!

Seeing his friend has insulted added to injury, Brob Inspires Dykuela (Returns 5 stamina)

Inspiring Boost:
As a standard action, you can signal an ally within 30 feet who has taken damage from any attack made by a significant enemy (see page 242) at any point after your last turn ended. That ally regains a number of Stamina Points (up to his maximum) equal to twice your envoy level + your Charisma modifier; at 15th level, this increases to three times your envoy level + your Charisma modifier. Once an ally has benefited from your inspiring boost, that ally can’t gain the benefits of your inspiring boost again until he takes a 10-minute rest to recover Stamina Points.

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal will pipe back to Flush ”Thanks for the backup. It was a bit crowded back there, and I didn’t want to risk them flanking us.” with that Sal will dart forward and give another command to Mark ”Fire on available targets.”

Sal, double move. I dropped myself under the screen about where my move should get me. If there’s something there or I’m about to be mauled please feel free to bump me back.

Mark, fire on blue. I think I have line of sight, though likely cover.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d10 ⇒ 5


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Where did yellow and blue come from? How did yellow get past me, or blue get next to me? Am I due an AOO on someone?

I will strike yellow...

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

... and destroy it!

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

I suppose Obozaya killed a yellow skeleton.
Dyukela made a guarded step from a blue skeleton, concentrate and try to hit him with a piece of metal waste.

to hit KAC blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7
Dyukela wrote:

I suppose Obozaya killed a yellow skeleton.

Dyukela made a guarded step from a blue skeleton, concentrate and try to hit him with a piece of metal waste.

Yeah, not sure how blue got by me. If I did get an AOO on it as it came by...

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d12 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Unwieldy weapons don’t get AoO, though as a Vesk you could get a natural weapon attack instead, unless it had taken measures to prevent it. 1d3 instead of 1d12.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

AOO: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

It appears the Vesk has control of the corridor. X5 fires.
Azimuth Laser Pistol at blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d4 ⇒ 1 (BAB=0, Dex=2) Fire, Burn 1d4

X5 commands CD1 to line up a better shot to attempt to finish this. (Master Control = move action)

CD1 moves to get a clear shot and fires.
Reaction cannon, light at blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d10 ⇒ 9 (BAB=1, Dex=1, Weapon Focus=1) Pierce, Penetrating

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Salvo continues down the hall, his piercing eyes seeing through the encroaching blackness. Flush follows him, his com light bobbing in step. Mark I, lost without Salvo, fires futilely and scores the wall. Captain Brob, clever as ever, brings some joy back into Dyukela's heart. It helps fight off the gloom which comes with the aura of cold which seems to permeate this ship.

Meanwhile, Obozaya's Doshko gets a scratch on the edge as it blows through another vertical pile of bones. Dyukela, distracted by the beauty and vigor of Brobdingnagian's voice, sends a piece of bone shard into space. X5NSA, not to be distracted, fires a laser burst into the remaining skeleton's chest. As CD1's missile fires, X5 notices that his own laser blast hole has already scabbed over with bone marrow.

The skeleton's head turns toward the sound of that horrible singing. ”Your skull is space trash, Breather.” He moves towards the halfling and swings. Unfortunately, he forgot to turn the rest of his body and misses.

Claw@Brob: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

WHO SHALL CLAIM THE FINAL KILL?!?!?!?!

The PCs in bold may act. Anyone, in bold, who does not act within 24 hours will be botted, for sake of time.


Obozaya 6/8 SP
Sal
X5NSA 1/6 SP
CD1
Dyukela 5/7 SP
Brob
Flush 0/7 SP

Foes:

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"..." The mechanic Vesk pauses as Sal takes off once more then slaps another piece of duct tape on her armor and moves to catch up. Double Move

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela moves 5ft to the left and tries again to hit the remaining skeleton with the skull of his friend.

to hit KAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya moves down the hall to try and destroy the final adversary...

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d12 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

...but she is distracted as she makes her swing.

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal will move around the corner and order Mark to fire at full speed. To assist his drone he quickly sets up the firing solution from his custom rig.

Sal; move, then move and swift to master control

Mark; full attack on blue
Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 171d10 ⇒ 5

Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 121d10 ⇒ 1

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

to ensure the horse is dead

X5 steps up and takes the baton and attempts to crush the last skeleton's skull.

Tactical Baton: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 (BAB=0, Operative Dex=2) Bludgeon, Analog, Operative

X5 maneuvers CD1 to the other corridor for inspection and preventing another flank.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

COMBAT OVER
The group shuffles around and moves into defensive positions. Feeling no fear, Mark I doesn't move and instead fires two warning shots right into the last skeleton's skull. These shots are true, and the bones fall down, still at last. As the echoes of the clatter die down, the dark halls are silent and still. The glow of the computer monitor is still there, leering with it's harsh yellow light.

Computers Check, DC 12:

With a few strokes of the keys, a noise of the engine shutting down spreads through the halls. The everlasting aura of cold seeps away, and the party's hearts are once again full.

Well done! Y'all are a combat machine. Take some time to tend your wounds, then feel free to continue exploring!

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Flush lets out a sigh of relief and trundles towards the console, tapping three keys at the same time to deactivate some dangerous things!

Take 10 on Computers=18. If someone beats her to it, she won't contest it. If we spend a resolve point we regain our Stamina points, right?

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Flush! Dyukela would be happy to help but he can only restore HP.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

I'm torn about expending a RP for just 2 SP. What do you guys think?

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela will pick up metal scraps from the floor and put 5 pieces in the pocket. Just in case.

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

It’s 2 SP, but that’s 25% of your total, maybe 10% of your SP+HP? I’d do it considering you’ve got your full RP left and no other real drain on it besides recovery. Though in general, after first level probably not.

Salvo will lend a hand on the computer. ”Mark, keep a watch.”

aid another computer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Yea, I guess so.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Yes. I need to rest. CD1, guard the other direction." spend 1 RP for my SP...easier decision for me. :)

After resting and seeing what Flush and Sal are able to pull from the computer, X5 will break out his tier 2 computer and attempt to hack into this terminal to identify counter measures, damage control, navigation history charts, etc.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

X5 would also like to find out if there is any useful information on the data pad that we obtained off the ghoul earlier now that we have access to their ship's network.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Accessing the computer, Flush and Salvo see a control panel. After a moment they manage to turn off the ship's engines. The everlasting aura of cold seeps away, and the party's hearts are once again full. Dyukela, specifically, feels his spirit lift. With a little more investigation it becomes apparent that this console is just a controller for the engines and the thrusters.
X5NSA, working on the datapad, sees a weak wifi* signal appear. However, the signal is so slow, it reminds him of an ancient ghost story he once heard about... dial up.

After a moment of rest, the party continues down the dark hallways. The com lights show only a small distance at once, and everyone is tense. Another skeleton crew member could appear at any time. Thankfully, the rest of the crew are nowhere to be found. The bridge of the Endless Threnody is located behind the enormous crimson eye at the front of the ship, bathed in a blood-red glow. Even this glow is a thankful sight after the darkness of the hallway. The crew stations are fabricated from bone and steel, apparently grown from the floor and walls of this room. Battle damage is evident throughout the bridge, but it is now empty and utterly silent—truly a ghost ship. In the captain's console is another monitor, it's yellow light dissipating into the red-infused room.

The group tackles the computer head on, ready to get off this horrible ship. This computer is foreign, however. It's odd build combines metal, magic and bone. A word in Eoxian flashes on the screen. It appears to be asking for a password.
Time for some computer hacking! Computers or Mysticism applies here, thanks to the curious design of Eoxian computers. Anyone speak Eoxian? That will help.

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Okay, so um, team huddle here. Before we ah touch any keys or um, try to finagle the thing, let's ah, brainstorm what our likely options are and do a 'dry run' first, kind of trouble-shooting the simple stuff before we actually put it to the ah, test? It is um probably ah rigged to um wipe if we mess it up too much."

Is there some way mechanically to do that?


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

X5 actually speaks the accursed language.

”You geeks had better get to it I guess.”

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela came to Captain Brobdingnagian: "Thank you Captain for that help from before!"

Then he went to the computer and looked at the computer trying to help.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

I speak Exoian
"Vesk, computers most likely have network counter measures and the only way to by pass them is to connect in and use skill. Any attempt to methodically explore will set them off because you aren't able to see and stop them quick enough." If you take 20 on computer hacks with countermeasures, then they are auto started, is my understanding.

"I propose to attempt to hack into the system. The last console seemed very easy for me to access quickly. Although each system is different."

I will be out of pocket each day from morning until late night for the next 5 days. I will attempt to put my morning posts and spoiler possible outcomes to help the speed of the posts.

computer hack attempt, Eoxian bonus?:
Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Nice roll!

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Wrong Password!: 1d6 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 Minimum one!

Flush, that would be pretty cool, but unfortunately X5 is right. The closest thing to what you're describing is Taking 20. And that auto sets off the countermeasures.

While X5NSA is lecturing Flush on the intricacies of computer hacking, Dyukela walks up to the amalgam of bone, sinew and metal. Thinking he sees an important piece, he reaches out and pulls out a Y shaped bone. Holding it up proudly, he is interrupted before he can speak as the ship shudders. A wave of cold spreads through the room, chilling everyone to the bone.

1 cold damage to EVERYONE!

At this point, X5NSA steps forward in a huff and, reading the screen's password request, goes to work. In a few minutes, he has bypassed the screen. The yellow light dims as the screen goes black. Suddenly, green words stream down in a cascade of information, this time in Common.

You're in the system, now I need another couple checks to hack/Mysticism your way through it!

Obozaya 7/8 SP
Sal 5/6
X5NSA 5/6 SP
Dyukela 4/7 SP
Brob 5/6 SP
Flush 6/7 SP It looks like your stat block says -1 RP, but you didn't say you were resting... I'll assume you used it to rest.

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

It's why I asked the question about the expenditure of RP, assumed it was a given, sorry. Didn't realize it needed to be stated explicitly when the rest of the party was doing it as well.

Previously, while 'working at the computer' previous to the trigger event or immediately thereafter:

"My name is Flush, and ah, I uh know what I'm doing. I was um, trying to mitigate it with a virtual ah, play-through of shortfalls we might encounter, um, theorycrafting as you um, would."

Computer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Um. Let me guess. They ah, had Password as Password?"

Now at Current time

"So, watch that ah stream there, it's moving pretty fast and looks ah, 'hot' in comparison to others, it ah, smells countermeasure-y"

Computer(Aid X5 if allowed, otherwise stand-alone): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal will help with hacking the odd system.

Computer aid another: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela is after this 1 point of damage at 5/7 SP and not at 4/7 SP. He was at 6/7 SP before that damage.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Dyukela's curiosity does not get him to rest and he starts to touch the computer again.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

Seeing the Shirren activate the cold defensive mechanisms through "not typing on the computer"...something X5 doesn't understand much of.... "Dyukela, we may want to take advantage of the hacking access granted versus curiously pulling bones out of the console and seeing what happens."

I'm treating the prior rolls like I don't know they are both "good" and going with what X5 who has gained access to the computer would do.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 plus Sal's and Flush's aid another if computers go with computers? or does Dyukela's action use the aid?

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

I'm just happy the "Roll Play" is working well with the "Role Play". :)

X5 leers at the Vesk's attempt to insult "the geeks". "Obozaya, is this sufficient to satisfy your desire to "whack" everything with a stick?"

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

You're good Flush, I was just double checking. I'm still not 100% sure which class abilities use RP yet, so I was more making sure you hadn't used one which I didn't notice.

All computers are the same at their core, even those fabricated from bone and sinew. X5NSA, with the helpful backseat drivers of Flush and Salvo, deftly bypasses the alarm built into the computer. Digging down into the code, it becomes obvious that the alarm sent a message to the engines to release a burst of Negative Energy intended to harm boarders and heal the defending crew. Hopefully there are no more Eoxians aboard this ship, or they'll be coming soon.

By connecting the Eoxian datapad to the computer, it is able to download information on the Lawblight, the Besmaran pirate ship that initially crippled the Endless Threnody. While X5NSA is working on the download, Flush and Salvo are able to avoid yet another countermeasure, preventing the memory wipe of the system. This was fortuitous, because only after passing the countermeasure were they able to access the ship's log. Within was a record of the path the ship had traveled prior to the ambush. The hackers were able to recover the coordinates of the downed Starfinder vessel. It seems the ship crashed on a planet called Ulmarid in the Vast.

Anything else you want to do here? Remember, that Negative Energy is surely bringing any remaining crew members to your position.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya nods approvingly at X5, ”you’re doing good work geek, keep it up. You let me know which ones you want me to let my to whack you next time, ok?”

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"If ah, we've got everything we need, can we rig it to go when we get out of here and get the um, heck out, then? I mean, if we're ah, in the system... shouldn't be too hard, right... either that or send them to some other spot on the ah, ship, but ah, act fast?"

So either tell the ship to blow up in true 'finder fashion and leg it or confuse the arriving defenders to go somewhere else to allow a quick sweep of the area before getting out? Either way, Flush can assist with a Take 10

EDIT: That is, unless we've gotten everything here and it's time to boogie?

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"I have no grudge against these Exoians, but I also have no 'love' for sentients that cannot be reasoned with...I can attempt to set the self destruct, if the group desires." But at a minimum, I'll change the password to the Exoian phrase for "No more skulls"

self destruct after we have left:
Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

if we need multiple computer rolls for the different actions.

change password:
Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Recommend we make haste to the Ulmarid and be prepared for combat against the pirate ship."

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Let's go!


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

”If you geeks have done your business, then I agree, let’s go.”

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"We ah, can't all be jocks like you, um, Obo. Everyone um, has their um, place, right?" Flush offers both in a slight bit of defiance and in acceptance of that very key Vesk philosophy.

One last little tweak while X5s doing the other thing...:
Computers (changing the last data search to 'something else' not the place we're going to): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Hauling butt!

201 to 250 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.