[SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok (Inactive)

Game Master EwokBanshee

Maps


251 to 300 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Tapping into the Eoxian computer, X5NSA is not able to find a way to self-destruct the ship. Nice roll... However, he and Flush are able to cover the group's tracks. Wiping the search history, then changing the password, the hackers finish up rather quickly while the rest of the group watches the door.

On the way out of the ship, the Starfinders are able to avoid any remaining crew. Back in the hanger, the shuttle again greets them in its cheery prerecorded voice. "I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR STAY. WELCOME BACK." Salvo pilots the shuttle back through the energy field and the bone spurs effortlessly. Upon arrival at the bridge, a familiar hologram of Venture-Captain Arvin is up and waiting to greet you.

The Lashunta smiles. ”The AI alerted me to your return. I hope that your mission was successful. Did you find out the location of the lost Starfinders? Any trouble with the Eoxians?”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Brob shrugs. "Well, the Eoxians weren't really trouble, but they won't be bothering anyone again. We retrieved the coordinates of the lost Starfinder ship, and even information about Pirate ship, the Lawblight, that destroyed them." The halfling grins. "Should we prepare for another venture?"

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

“Uploading data now to the ship’s network. Looks like they are crashed on Ulmarid. Recommend authorization to expedite the rescue.”

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

The Venture-Captain smiles at the crew's eagerness. ”You found the coordinates? Good. Forward your information to HQ. Then, prepare your ship to head back to station. I want Starfinders on site as soon as possible, but I'm not sending you into enemy territory again without a real ship. Come back to Absolom Station and we'll switch you ships before heading out again.”

The Damaya whips out his signature wicked grin, and the hologram looks at each Starfinder in turn. ”I know this mission isn’t yet complete,” he explains, “but you’ve earned the right to celebrate a bit on your trip home. I asked the quartermaster to include a few delicacies so you can enjoy being alive—after an encounter with necromancy. Go to deck B and look in Locker 4.” With that, he signs off and the hologram disappears.

Within the locker is a package of delicacies that are suitable to most palates, such as sticks of candied meats, Ysoki chocolates and Vesk star fruits. The group takes a moment with to enjoy the feast before heading out on the next stretch of their adventure.

Part 3 complete!

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Part 4!
Back on Absalom Station, Venture-Captain Arvin greets the returning agents with a fueled and warmed up Odyssey. ”Time is of the essence, Starfinders! Time to head to Ulmarid!” Quickly, the group packs into the new ship and Salvo leads the group out of the station.

---
The PCs arrive at Ulmarid in a larger Drake-class vessel called the Odyssey. Venture-Captain Arvin recommended the Odyssey rather than the Loreseeker, as its heavier shields can better withstand asteroid impacts while reaching Ulmarid’s surface as well as better serve in case the pirates are still around. As the desert planet looms outside the helm windows, Venture-Captain Arvin’s pre-recorded hologram stands on the bridge of the Odyssey, his hands clasped behind his back. “Hopefully your journey was uneventful. Based on your previous mission, we’ve obtained information about the planet of Ulmarid. The desert world has breathable atmosphere but is devoid of intelligent civilization. A cloud of asteroids—leftovers from a collision of the planet’s moons long ago—surrounds the planet, so you must carefully navigate the Odyssey to the surface to find the crashed Unbounded Wayfarer. “

Looking beyond the glass, the haze of asteroids now becomes apparent. The cloud seems to entirely surround the orange planet. “Be sure to bring the Starfinder insignias with you; they will be critical in recovering the information the Starfinders left behind. If you can recover any of the lost Starfinders—alive or dead—please do so as well. Good luck.” The recorded video ends and the picture cuts out.

Flush and Dyukela can give me a single Computers check, with the other aiding, to learn more about this planet.

Computers, DC 15:
Ulmarid’s atmosphere experiences sudden and ferocious storms of poisonous crystals down on the planet's surface.

Staring down at the intimidating task of navigating the asteroids, Salvo pauses.

Salvo, please give me a Piloting check to get through this field unharmed. The captain can give me a Piloting, Diplomacy or Intimidate check to help. The Science Officer can also help with a computers check.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

After the VC signs off when telling us to return to Absalom Station:

”Does it bother anyone else that the implication is that we were sent out in a crappy ship for this mission?”


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Was this round trip multiple days? Did we heal up?

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

In response to Obozaya's question, "The ship was sufficient to get the job done given the crew that was assigned to the mission. In fact, I like that we were able to get in and out relatively quickly with the information we needed."

Before boarding the new ship, X5NSA scans the ships network for current status and performance characteristics. "I presume the same roles we played on Obozaya's "crappy ship" will be continued on this new "crappy ship" X5 questions the other crew members. "It does seem to have more options for those that like to solve problems with weapons first. I recommend you, Obozaya, take the turret mounts and I can manage the directional fixation mounts?"

Starfinder insignias in on-board inventory....check...names and races of the crew we are looking for....check....Onry Vesk giving me an menacing glare...check.

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Flush's 'Take 10' is 18 for Computers. Do we get any additional information if we were to let Dyu roll it and her auto-assist? Otherwise, we could just go with everyone getting the info via Flush?

The science-y Vesk took most of their trip back to Absalom station fixated on repairing the rend in her armor to factory spec. Every so often she'd give a nod to folks before turning back to her job. Duct tape is fine, but I'd rather have fixed armor than stuff falling apart.

She won't argue with the rest of the crew, finding a quiet bunk to study and read when not on watch, and sharing what she was able to glean about Ulmarid from the ship's computer.

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Computers - Ulmarid the planet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Talking about Ulmarid Dyukel can not remember any fact about that planet that would be useful for this mission.

Computers - helping to get through field : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"I'm glad we got a better ship, though this could be better to."

We were just experimental specimens for them, so they gave us that crappy ship first.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Are we missing some of the stats on the new ship? Piloting Bonus? Type of computer?

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal will try very carefully nit to damage the paint on this ship too. Guiding it in with quick deliberate movements.

Piloting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Salvo, along with Dyukela's assistance, successfully passes through the asteroid field. Dodging past the final rock with ease, the planet comes into view, unhindered by the debris. At this point, Dyukela, with Flush's assistance, begins scanning the planet for the Starfinder distress signal. After a few minutes, they are successful! The science officer can track the distress beacon emanating from the Unbounded Wayfarer, but the ship is not easy to reach. It crashed amid dunes too soft to safely bear the Odyssey’s weight, and the safest place to set down is about a half-hour’s walk away. The harder ground will support the ship and allow landing.

After Salvo expertly lands the ship, the group gathers by the bay door. The ship computer pipes up. "ATMOSPHERE: MINIMAL. ARMOR MUST BE SEALED TO LIMIT RISK OF DEATH. GOOD LUCK." Once everyone is ready, the door drops down, revealing the harsh landscape. The surface of Ulmarid is a wind-scoured desert with jagged protrusions of rock thrusting up through the sand. The air has a harsh tang, like burning metal.

Everybody, give me a Survival check and a Reflex save.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya checks her weapons and their charges as she goes to disembark...

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Salvo will seal his suit and activate the environmental controls, then check Mark’s status. ”I hope we don’t have to stay in this too long. It’s going to be a real pain the clean all this gunk out of our equipment and Mark.”

survival: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela checked his suit and goes out of the ship.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 19

REF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"So, ah, lovely ah, place we found er, here. Let's ah, find our people and their notes and ah, get out of here?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Brob coughs a bit in the dust.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Forgot to mention this two posts ago. Minor retcon. Apologies.  

Flush had been digging around the lockers on the way here, looking for more candied meats. Instead, she had found some doses of tier-1 antitoxin. Looking at the bottles, a voice in her brain told her that they would come in helpful one day, so she pocketed them.

and... we're back. Also, wow, those were some good Survival rolls!  

Tasting the metallic tang in the air, Flush, Dyukela and Salvo feel their stomachs turn. Salvo, remembering the results of Dyukela's scan of the planet, mentions that he thinks a storm of poisonous crystals may be coming, despite the clear skies. Dyukela uses some deductive reasoning and backs him up. " These crystals must be congealed from the air, to create this smell without any sign of clouds. " 

But, with the clock running out, and no sign of the possible storm, the group trudges towards the crash site. After all, it's only a half hour's walk! What's the worst that can happen?
Does anyone want to consume an Anti-Toxin?

Unfortunately, after 15 minutes, there is a sudden crack that echoes through the air. The air seems to thicken and twist. Before you know it, the air is full of purple crystals which fall like deadly hail. Their sharp edges cut, though the smaller pieces are mere annoyances. The larger crystals, however, hold quite the danger. It's every person for themselves. While most are successful at dodging the beginning of the onslaught, Dyukela and Brobdingnagian each take a large cut on the arm. Give me a Fortitude save, both of you.
Ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 1

As the purple crystals continue to rain down, the party fruitlessly looks for cover in the open desert. Everyone, give me two more Reflex saves. Salvo, give me three.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

If there’s reason to believe the cloud is poisonous, then yes, I will take one.

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"So, ah, take the antitoxin candies now if you ah, haven't yet." Flush offers while trying to use Obo for cover and apply her own.

What? Obo's the only one bigger than her able to do that! :P

REF1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

REF2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Is there enough anti-toxin to go around? If so, I'll use some.
Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Brob continues to stagger through the harsh terrain, thinking that clearly he was meant for less arrid climes

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

I will use antitoxin if we have enough of it.

FORT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Aaaa another wound! I'll be full of scars! Damn crystals!

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

Obviously you never turn down anti-toxin given by the box text. :) If we have enough, X5 will consume one.

I owe a survival and 3 reflex. Remember that Androids do not breathe, if that matters.

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Reflex Save 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Reflex Save 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Reflex Save 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

My systems are getting use to this planets atmosphere and gravity, which takes time and attention away from rapid responses.

anticipating that I need a fortitude save. Leaving anti-toxin bonus out of the roll because I don't know if we have enough. GM add in if we have enough
Fortitude Save 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I think I hate this planet already.

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal will dodge around to avoid the dangerous crystals. After the first bust he will try to quickly create shelter, though for overhead shelter that goes poorly in the soft sand. I’ll also use an antitoxin if available. And trying hard not to use Flush for cover, since turnabout is fair play. ;)

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

And we probably shouldn’t forget the drones. They can’t be poisoned but they can take damage.

Mark’s reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Mark’s reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Mark’s reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

And my Fort saves if needed. Because with that roll it might be.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

if drones needed
reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Ya, box text isn't the most subtle when it comes to handing out items. If these items were found earlier in the quest, it specifically tells me to remind you of their existence.

Flush, dodging under Obozaya, finds a moment's respite but makes a wrong move and is sliced by a large crystal shard in the leg.

Similarly, Dyukela manages to dance around the bigger crystals for a moment, but a mistake costs him a large piece of flesh.

The poor drones hobble around in the sudden storm, unsure of what is happening. Both get repeatedly pelted by the crystals.

As quickly as it began, the storm subsides. All is quiet, and the metallic flavor in the air is now gone.  The group looks over and sees X5NSA on the ground. Apparently he fell over in the storm, and his whole body is covered in scratches and gouges from the purple crystals. Thankfully, he is conscious, and gets up with some assistance.

Ouch 2: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ouch 3: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Flush, give me a Fortitude save.

Suddenly, Dyukela falls to the ground. His back pack feels so heavy, and his muscles so weak! Dyukela, you are Encumbered for 1 hour!

Encumbered:
All of your speeds are reduced by 10 feet, your maximum Dexterity bonus to your Armor Classis reduced to +2, and you take a –5 penalty to Strength– and Dexterity-based checks.

Obozaya 8/8 SP
Sal
Mark I 5/10 HP
X5NSA 0/6 SP   8/10 HP
CD1
Dyukela 5/7 SP
Brob 5/6
Flush 6/7 SP

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

FOR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Antitoxin, does it do anything?

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Ouch for many.

Salvo looks at the battered party and reflects that it’s a good thing they didn’t meet anything more predatory than a weather condition. Then he considers what kind of animal life might evolve in an ecosystem like this and pulls his gun free. ”Maybe we should take a breather? I feel fine but some of you don’t look so good. Mark could use a little work too now that I mention it.”

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

I factored in the Anti-Toxin into the DC. Unfortunately... you needed a 5.

As the party tends to Dyukela's sudden spell of weakness, they hear another thump. This time Flush has fallen to the ground! Her arms feel like gelatin, and her load nearly to heavy to lift.

You are also encumbered!

By Brob's estimate, the group is about 15 minutes walk from the crash site, and 15 minutes walk from the ship. Though, the journey will take a little longer with Dyukela and Flush in such a weakened state.

Life Science, DC 10:

In a desert, very few creatures survive and those that do are the toughest around. Six large living creatures in the desert will stand out like a sore thumb to any passing predator.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

”What idiot landed us so far away? I say we get everyone back to our ship and we fly to the wreck.”

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Guys, in a desert, very few creatures survive and those that do are the toughest around. Six large living creatures in the desert will stand out like a sore thumb to any passing predator.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

A single word leave's the android's mouth after several blinks and what appears to be awareness returning, "Ouch."

Not getting up, X5 pulls one of the shards that is embedded and begins to analyze what this is and why a storm of them suddenly appeared. "It is better that I lie down and rest for a while before moving on. This way I won't fall down again. While I'm resting, I will attempt to learn "what the hell just happened?""

only if either one matters
Life Science (1): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Physical Sciences (C)(1): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

"If we are in danger just resting here, Dyukela, then perhaps I would suggest we return to the ship...get armored umbrellas...and proceed."

If we stay for 10 mins, I plan to expend an RP to at least get my SP back. If we are going to proceed to the crash site, then... "does anyone have a Medkit? I seemed to have had a bad reaction to falling crystals around here."

presuming if the answer is "yes" that the possessor will have the medicine skill, I will aid another. If the answer is "no", then i will use it on myself.

to aid or not to aid Treat Deadly Wounds:
Medicine (C)(1): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

No med Kit here, too expensive.

Sal looks up at the Vesk with a wry twist to his mouth. ”I suppose that idiot was me. I could land closer, but only if you like the idea of living here from now on. Or if you have a plan for digging the ship out of the sand when it sinks, and it will.”

While the others debate whether to press on, go back or stay here Salvo will start digging trenches and low walls around the party with surprising speed. A shaped force field comes out of the cybernetics in his left arm to serve as a shovel. Within a few minutes he’s completed his work and the party is surrounded by temporary fortifications, and his unspoken vote to rest here and then press forward.

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

"I have Medkit if you need it. Here you go!"
Dyukela went to X5NSA and helped him.

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"I'm not sure what to do, go further or go back!"

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

A few minutes pass as the group discusses their next move. Salvo, always on alert, passes the time by building fortifications for the group. The sand is soft and makes for poor construction material, but he does his best. The walls will hold until the next strong wind passes through.

The sun beats down on the group, as they stand amongst the lifeless desert. There is neither plant not animal within sight.

I need two votes for an action, then we can take it. Either, go forward, to the wreck, wait 10 minutes, or go backward, to the ship.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

”Let us press on.”

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Let's wait for a little bit 10 minutes and then press on. I am not returning on the ship now. We are gone to far!

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

That's enough consensus for me!

The party rests for ten minutes, until some party members are feeling better. Please state whether you're using a Resolve Point, and your new SP and HP.

After the period of rest, the group trudged onwards through the sand. Looking behind them, the fortifications of Salvo are already beginning to shift and slide. The desert is a cruel place, as Flush and Dyukela can attest.

After about twenty minutes of walking, your destination comes into view. About a 120 feet out, pieces of the piece of the wreck are scattered in the dunes. Closer, however, half-buried in the sand is the Unbounded Wayfarer’s antipersonnel weapon, a tactical X-gen gun. It looks damaged, but may still be operational. The sand has blown over much of it and the heavy section of fractured hull it is attached too, which must be why the Eoxians missed it.

Tired, bruised, and weak - The party moves towards their goal. But suddenly, the air is filled with a high pitched scream as the sand explodes in front of the group! From out of nowhere, an enormous worm-like creature pops out of the ground!

BIG SCARY BITE, @Obozaya: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
BIG SCARY DAMAGE, @KAC: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Map is updated! I'll start tracking health and what not next round, when I update this evening. But, I thought I'd do a quick mobile post to get us going! Everybody's up! Feel free to throw a Life Science check for more information about Wormy, or an Engineering or profession check for more info on the gun.

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's anything to clear Encumbered, so... meh. And after I planned carefully to AVOID that sort of thing by not loading up on gear. Since spending an RP won't help with Encumbered, going to hang onto it for when it starts catching up.

Life Sciences(on Skitter): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16Or can add +4 for an Engineering roll, if that's desired instead though I think we have the Engineering side covered better?

SFC, pg 274 'Encumbered' wrote:
Encumbered Speeds are reduced by 10 feet, maximum Dex bonus to AC is reduced to +2, and you take a –5 penalty to Str- and Dex-based checks.

Well, at least it doesn't hurt AC too much, but the Str and Dex puts me out of commission for a fight?

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Salvo will work on Mark, restoring a massive 1 HP. Not that it’s likely to matter as I’m almost certainly going to eat an AoO when Mark moves away from the beast. Ahh well, just means on to Mark II.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Salvo will gladly share anything he knows about the gun. His information on the creature will be limited to, its big, & it looks hungry.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Faced with imminent danger, Obozaya takes no care in checking on the flotsam of a fallen ship. She draws her doshko and swings at the beast in front of her...

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

In fear of the enormous worm Dyukela immediately tried to hit the worm with stone using his telekinetic powers.

to hit KAC: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 5 = -1
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Do I apply -5 from Encumbered on attack rolls?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

"Hold it to gether Oby!"

Brob inspires and starts to sing!

"On the last leg of our journey
In a desert devoid of life
There weren't plants or birds- just rocks and things
There was sand and hills and rings
The first thing I met was a lung full of crud
From a sky of crystal clouds
The heat was hot and the shards ground
Then the air was full of sound!"


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Is that giving me back SP's or something?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.
Obozaya Ymeros wrote:
Is that giving me back SP's or something?

Sorry, yes. Restores 5 SP

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Yes, Encumbered is pretty disgusting, and impossible to remove. (As far as I can tell). Thankfully, it's pretty rare.

Flush looks at the creature with a critical eye, but the enormous teeth seem to be distracting. What she does remember is that this creature looks like a Skreebara. This creature is fabled as one of the many horrors of the Vast. Rumor has it that the Skreebara is a different branch of the evolutionary tree as the Ankheg of the Pact Worlds, but sporting a sonic shout instead of acidic spittle.

Sonic Screech:
As a standard action, a skreebara can unleash a 30-foot line of sonic energy. Creatures in the line each take 4d4 sonic damage (Reflex DC 12 half). Once a skreebara uses this attack, it must wait 6 hours before using it again.

Flush and Dyukela, you may want to Aid your friends in combat. That will probably be more helpful with your -5 to hit.

Salvo takes a closer look at the turret, feeling like any advantage against this beast would be helpful. The gun appears operational, and that it has the ability to turn 360 degrees. There are very few rounds left, but perhaps enough to take out this Skreebara.
Tactical X-Gen Gun: 1d12 damage

Obozaya turns to her favorite weapon and strikes into the enormous monster. Her doshko slices off a bit of fat, wounding the creature. Meanwhile, Dyukela takes another look at the desert worm, realizing that the beast is tough, but dumb.

Creature Info:

EAC 16; KAC 14
Fort +7; Ref +7; Will +2

X5NSA still hasn't gone. I'm going to just delay him, rather than bot. Also, Flush and Salvo, the first knowledge roll is a free action. All three of you, please take two turns.

The Skreebara shuffles slightly, then takes another bite at the large Vesk with the painful stick! The monster catches the Vesk, squeezing down. A few of Obozaya's ribs crack under the pressure.
BIG SCARY BITE, @Obozaya: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 
BIG SCARY DAMAGE, @KAC: 1d6 + 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (5) + (3) + 3 = 11 

The PCs in bold may act. Anyone, in bold, who does not act within 24 hours will be botted, for sake of time.

 Obozaya 0/8 SP 8/13 HP
Sal [X2 TURNS]
Mark I 6/10 HP
X5NSA 6/6 SP   8/10 HP [X2 TURNS]
CD1
Dyukela 5/7 SP
Brob 5/6
Flush 6/7 SP [X2 TURNS]

Skreebara 4 dmg


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya continues to slash at the monster...

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"I really hate this planet! Everything is trying to kill us. CD1, engage."

What is this wormy thing?
Life Science (1): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

X5 fires and then commands CD1 to maneuver in front to get a clear shot as well.

Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d4 ⇒ 2 (BAB=0, Dex=2) Fire, Burn 1d4

Reaction cannon, light: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 ⇒ 8 (BAB=1, Dex=1, Weapon Focus=1) Pierce, Penetrating

----
turn 2
----
"I'll make my way to the weapon and see if I can use it to help out here."

Engineering (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

X5 and CD continue to engage the worm, hoping to score some hits.

Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d4 ⇒ 2 (BAB=0, Dex=2) Fire, Burn 1d4

Reaction cannon, light: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d10 ⇒ 6 (BAB=1, Dex=1, Weapon Focus=1) Pierce, Penetrating

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Flush starts hauling tail towards the cannon, putting all of her attention into that activity.

"Um, I'll ah, help ah, get this thing um, working! That way, ah, we can shoot the worm thing!"

Double move over two rounds.

251 to 300 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.