[SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok (Inactive)

Game Master EwokBanshee

Maps


151 to 200 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Round 2!
Engineering Phase
Flush works the controls of the primary computer, maintaining both a boost to the engines and tweaking Obo's energy output.

Enemy's Engineering Phase:

Divert to Weapons, DC 11: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Helm Phase
Brob sings a jaunty, if not slightly frightening tune, which inspires Salvo to greater feats. Salvo goes for his signature move, flashy but effective. It's a good thing the Starfinder Society will pay for a tune up after the group's return. Meanwhile, Dyukela manages to hold on while assisting the aim of the main turret.

Enemy's Helm Phase:

Target Weapons, DC 16: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15
Taunt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

A raspy voice comes over the intercom. ”This is Corpse Fleet captain Alto speaking. Please kill yourselves. Thank you.” Somehow, this just wasn't as threatening as he had meant it.

Gunnery Phase
Obozaya levels her turret at the enemy's open flank and fires a shot in between the bony ribs of the Eoxian ship.
Critical Threshold: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Her aim was true, blowing off a large skeletal satellite. Meanwhile, X5NSA, with the help of Flush's tuning, strikes another blow with a laser broadside.

Enemy's Gunnery Phase:

Fire Side: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage!: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

The Eoxian gunner returns fire, hitting the Starfinder ship. These lasers are puny in comparison to the massive front gun, barely damaging the ship's shields.

Next Round's Initiative
Salvo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Foe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
You win, so the Eoxian ship moves again!

Flip and Burn, DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
You have to give it to them, that Corpse Fleet pilot sure knows how to fly. Somehow the enemy pilot manages to flip the enormous freighter in a complete 180 degree turning. You're back in sight of the enormous red eye!

You're up!
Status:
-2 Piloting, -4 Science for 2 more rounds, then a -2 (Glitching).
Enemy: 73/100 HP
Starfinders: 10/10/10/5 SP ; 55/55 HP

Scan Report:
Basic Information
Living Crew: Zero
Ship Class: Heavy Freighter
Size: Large
Speed: 6
Maneuverability: Average

Defenses
AC 11
TL 11
HP 100/100
Shields None
PCU 150

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Okay, um, I got the shields I think, hang on." Flush offers as she refocuses the energy in the system to reinforce the weakened rear shields.

Engineering(Boost Shields):
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 If successful, 5% of power unit would be 7 Shield units so there'd be a little bit left over. If I've gotten that math right.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

”Keep us away from that big damn gun! That blast felt like it hurt!”

Gunning:

Turret: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 114d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 2) = 11

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

“Sal...This doesn't look like a good place to be. The target isn't in any of my firing arcs.” How did they get a ship that big to maneuver like that?! X5 waits until Sal maneuvers the ship and puts the enemy in a firing arc...Then fires!

X5 Shooting Laser Cannon:
SLC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 212d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela targets enemy weapon system again.

Target weapon system:: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13

"Capetana I was targeting the enemy's target system again."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Brob quickly types out a message. <Keep trying to get behind them! They're sitting necromantic ducks if we keep to their aft.>

Over the comms, he continues his inspiring tune!

"So now we fly, yeah we’re free
We’re defenders of the galaxy
On towards the unexplored
Our quest carries on!

Far beyond the Sun’s light
Far into the dark night
Fear has no place at all in hearts or souls!

So far away; won’t wait for the day
For our lives to be wasted and gone
We bear the scars of friends lost in the Scoured Stars
Through a trial forged by flame we journey on!"

Continuing to try and assist the piloting check to Initiative, unless someone else requests it.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Initiative is everything! Stay on it!

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal will try to turn tightly to loop around the enemy.

going for maneuver, to my understanding if I fail I just move normally.

Piloting DC19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

“Nice maneuvering Sal!! You lined them right in my sites!”

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Round 3

Engineering Phase
Dyukela slides over on her chair to the shields control panel. With a few taps, she siphons off some extra heat from the guns and sends it to the wounded shield generator. DC 13, you are correct. Shields at full.

Enemy's Engineering Phase:

Divert to Weapons, DC 11: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Helm Phase
Dyukela spots a weakness in the enemy's guns and aids the targeting software in spotting it while Brob continues to inspire Salvo to greater feats of space-dancing.

Enemy's Helm Phase:

Target Life Support, DC 16: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10

Gunnery Phase
Obozaya fires her turret into the weak spot in the enemy's rear, her laser swiftly followed by one of X5NSA's.
Critical Threshold: 1d100 ⇒ 30
The android spotted an excellent target, shooting a laser between the twisted wreckage of the enemy's weapon mount into their secondary scanner! This brutal volley went unreturned, as the Eoxian ship has no firepower in her rear.

Enemy's Gunnery Phase:

Next Round's Initiative
Salvo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Foe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Enemy's Helm Phase:

Back Off, DC 12: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15

You win, so the Eoxian ship moves again!

In a risky move, the Eoxian ship reverses thrusters and heads straight for the Loreseeker! Both gunners get an Attack of Opportunity! The move drew fire from the Starfinder cannons but puts the massive Corpse Fleet cannon in your rear! A raspy voice comes over the com. ”Give up now, Breathers!”

Alright, everybody roll!
Status:
-2 Piloting, -6 Science for 1 more round, then a -4 (Malfunctioning).
Enemy: 56/100 HP
Starfinders: 10/10/10/10 SP ; 55/55 HP

Scan Report:
Basic Information
Living Crew: Zero
Ship Class: Heavy Freighter
Size: Large
Speed: 6
Maneuverability: Average

Defenses
AC 11
TL 11
HP 100/100
Shields None
PCU 150

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela targets enemys core system.
"Captain, enemy's core system is targeted."

Target core system:
Target core system DC13: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Um Obozaya, more ah, juice for your ah, gun. Hit 'em ah, hard!" Flush says, then blinks in a bit of a panic! "But ah, not TOO hard! We need to board them to ah, get info, remember!"

Boost Weapon:
Boost Weapon - Coilgun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

My AOO:

Turret: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 224d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 1) = 11

”Eat that non-breather!”

Gunnery:

Turret: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 124d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) = 11

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal smiles as the crew lays into the enemy ship. While they blow more holes in the foe Sal spins around the enemy again using the Lorefinder’s greater maneuverability. ”I love having more speed than my enemy. If they can’t keep up we can hit them all day without a risk.”

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

Wow!! Gutsy move to come that close…But I will take the opportunity to shut that taunter up…and I may have to have words with the Vesk’s choice of slang reference, but that will have to wait.

X5 AOO Shooting Laser Cannon:
SLC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 112d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

“Capt Brob, please remind the Eoxian that not all of us are indeed ‘breathers’ and they are giving 'non-breathers' a bad reputation with their unprovoked attack.”

X5NSA readjusts the fire controls back to normal short range…lines up the shot and fires at the target off the starboard side.

X5 Shooting Starboard Laser Cannon:
SLC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 162d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Brob listens to X5NSA, looks back at the helm, then quickly types a hail to the other ship, broadcasting, <"We are breather-agnostic here, so suck both our breather and non-breather exhaust-fumes.">

Over the comms he continues singing, as it's been working so far:
"Now a new day is dawning
And our spaceships fill the sky
We raise our heads to the heavens above
With wonder in our eyes

Racing back through the void’s darkest night
Resolve burns within my heart
We’re banished from our time and Golarian
To a life beyond the stars"

Piloting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
It hasn't mattered so far, but still giving a +2 to Initiative

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

END COMBAT
Captain Brobdingnagian's typed response stirs the heart of Salvo as he whips the ship around the massive bone freighter. Avoiding the gaping red eye once again, the turret and front guns are lined up towards the twisted rear weapon mount.

Flush turns a wrench and let's the full power of the turret loose. Squeezing both triggers, Obozaya and X5NSA shoot straight through the destroyed secondary scanner and into the heart of the ship. The lasers strike the power core, triggering a deep black explosion, appearing even darker against the rainbow backdrop of the Drift. Crackles of dark energy leap across the bone spurs and reach out to the Loreseeker, getting close but not quite touching. The Corpse Fleet ship lists to one side and its power core overloads, covering the ship with explosions of negative energy.

Well done, all! Nice teamwork!
Part 2 complete!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

As the enemy ship explodes Brob cheers, and finishes his song:

"From our darkest dreams lurk evil beings
Jealous of our light
And with their defeat we’ll all be free tonight

And so we Drift through a sea
That redefines reality
From the home-base of our Station
Into the Great Beyond

Safe inside we’ll never find
The destiny of our own kind
Day after day our mission must go on!

So far away; won’t wait for the day
For our lives to be wasted and gone
We bear the scars of friends lost in the Scoured Stars
Through a trial forged by flame we journey on"

Glancing at the downed ship he smiles. "Let's get that information!"

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Um, ah, be careful and ah, watch for ah, boarders. They don't ah, have to breathe so they could ah, how you ah, say, be pretending to be really dead in the ah, debris field and ah, waiting for a good chance to sneak on."

Flush will quietly let out a sigh of relief that the ship wasn't damaged, and gently runs her hand over the console. Yes, you're a good ship. Thank you for your aid so far.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Part 3!

The Endless Threnody drifts just outside the forward viewport. Crackles of dark energy leap across the bone spurs, discharging from the ruined ship’s necromantic power source. No boarders are visible...yet...

With a burst of static and a flash, a blue-hued hologram of Venture-Captain Arvin appears at the Loreseeker’s communications station. “Excellent work. The Endless Threnody is incapacitated, but not pulverized. I need you to board that vessel, access the main computers at the bridge, and recover the coordinates of the missing Starfinder vessel’s crash site.”

The Lashunta checks his datapad then continues. “That energy signature looks dangerous, and those discharges can damage your hull. Dock at the cargo bay at the rear of the ship and make your way forward to the bridge. Wear space suits if your armor can’t protect you from vacuum—there are a few suits in a storage locker aboard your ship. Eoxian ships do not have life support and are often exposed to space. Any questions?”

Does everyone have armor? [If you don't, you might want to try a different organization. ;) ] All armors provide basic protection against vacuum, which should be plenty for this Part. (Page 198 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook).

Also, Salvo, give me a piloting check when you attempt to approach the Endless Threnody. Brob, you may assist with this.

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Even though Flush technically can't aid, she will attempt to adjust the power to the maneuvering thrusters to make Salvo's piloting job easier.

Engineering:
Power to Maneuvering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Though she's been mocked for her armor in the past because it's far too much for a typical mechanic to be wearing, Flush is once again glad to be wearing her heavy armor. She just hopes like heck that it won't draw enemy fire like the other mission she was on.

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Djukela has only second skin on. He will go to the storage locker, take the space suits and put it on.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7
Dyukela wrote:
Djukela has only second skin on. He will go to the storage locker, take the space suits and put it on.

Second Skin is armor and provides environmental protection.

Obozaya checks her weapons and gear before declaring, ”Prepared to board Captain!” She stands ready with her doshko in hand.

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Salvo will guide the ship in as gently as possible. Then head down and give Mark a once over before they begin boarding. Noting Flush’s advice Salvo will have pistol in hand when they do board.

Piloting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3
Obozaya Ymeros wrote:
Dyukela wrote:
Djukela has only second skin on. He will go to the storage locker, take the space suits and put it on.

Second Skin is armor and provides environmental protection.

Obozaya checks her weapons and gear before declaring, ”Prepared to board Captain!” She stands ready with her doshko in hand.

Sorry I was not aware of that. I see this now in the Core rulebook. Thank you!

Dyukela does not go to a storage locker and does not take a space suit. :)

He just waits ready to board with rest of the team.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

X5NSA collects CD1 and the gear and computing power necessary for combat. Pistol in hand... "Ready."

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Flush obsessively double and triple-checks the seals and joints of her armor before placing her pulse caster rifle over her shoulder. A solid wrench is double-checked for proper clasping, and then she steps to the security device at the door and makes a slight adjustment to it.

At the security device for the Loreseeker:
Engineering(IDENT locking door): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 -3 if Computers would be more appropriate. Also, if such a thing is even possible. Flush would also love to 'take the keys' but is afraid that hot-wiring the Loreseeker might require too much time if we have to do a 'hot' take-off.

"Okay, so ah, no one's ah, a shapechanger, right? That would ah, make your life ah, inconvenient."

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

The hologram figure sees that there are no questions and gives a final word. ”Best of luck. I would expect that any surviving—or should I say, remaining—crew members might try to make a last stand, and they might have rigged some traps. Be ready for anything.” The Venture-Captain snaps out.

Give me an Engineering or Mysticism check for more information about Eoxian ships.

Salvo takes the wheel on the shuttle and waits for everyone to strap in. The basic AI speaks out as the doors close. ”WELCOME. ENSURE YOUR ARMOR IS SEALED IN CASE OF LOSS OF AIR LOSS. ENJOY YOUR TRIP.”

Maneuvering the Loreseeker to align with the Endless Threnody’s rear cargo bay is tricky. Thankfully Salvo is an expert pilot. With a deep breath, he flies the ship through the bone spikes without incident. A flash of black energy leaps out at the ship and everyone is thankful for the seatbelts as the ship goes sideways. However, the bruises are far better than the necromantic energy would have been, you are sure. It must have been the -surprisingly helpful- backseat driving by Brob and Flush. With a deft hand, he guides the ship into the open cargo door of the Corpse Fleet ship.

As the shuttle doors open, the ship AI speaks up again. ”THANK YOU FOR YOUR RIDE TODAY. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR ARMOR IS SEALED BECAUSE THE SHIP DOORS ARE ABOUT TO OPEN ... NOW.” As the doors open, the group gets a view of the inside of the enemy ship for the first time. The cargo bay is mostly empty, but for a few boxes and a small computer mounted into the wall. Three wide openings lead to the ship’s central passages .

Two people can use this computer. I need two people to roll for one of these skills. The two checks must be different skills. : Computers, Engineering or Mysticism check. Also, people can take a look around.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya will move out and secure the area!

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

Engineering (Eoxian Starcraft): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"Well, ah, we know that they won't have ah life support and they um, had some ah, sickly energy coming off of it so we can ah probably expect burns if we ah, linger too long." the Vesk machinist offers. Along or modified by any information she may have been able to figure out, of course

"Oooh. Console! Let's ah, see if it is ah, willing to ah talk or if we have to ah, 'calibrate' it." Flush says eagerly, pulling out her 'calibration tool' (It's a wrench, just roll with it...)

Engineering (Eoxian Console): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

It's almost as if I took '10' twice!

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela is trying to remember everything he knows about Eoxian ships.
Mysticism (Eoxian Ships): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

He goes to Flush,"Make a little space, I wanna see it to!"

Mysticism (Console): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

After studying the console, he looks around to see if something is unusual or interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

X5 scans the room for targets as the shuttle door opens.
Perception (C)(1): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

“No immediate targets.” Remembering the Eoxian database that is inherent in the android form, X5 attempts to find knowledge that matches the current environment to gain a tactical edge.
Engineering (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Seeing the Vesk and Shirren stare and tinker with the console… “Pardon me. Let’s see what we can find on the ship’s computer system. CD1, stand guard.” X5 searches for damage reports, crew member status, anti-boarding defense systems, and if we are lucky enough…the coordinates of their flight history in the captain’s log that locate the starfinder’s lost ship.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Maybe we can grab the information right from this terminal and not have to go deeper into this ship.

I have my own Tier 2 computer that I can connect to the network, if hacking using the ship's terminal fails. Let me know if you want further computer rolls.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Still in the shuttle, Flush and Dyukela look out the viewports and share some knowledge about the Eoxian ship. Flush comments on the engines, discussing how Eoxian vessels are often powered by magic as well as technology. Dyukela augments this information, telling tales of how these necromantic energies, in addition to powering the ship, have been known to freeze men's souls.
Obozaya, moving towards the corridors, hears nothing and sees nothing but feels an overwhelming sense of dread as she gets closer to the center of the ship. It seems as if it is an actual ghost ship. At the computer, despite Flush's “helpful” wrench work, information is able to be had. This small computer appears to be predominantly used to store manifests and access basic ship systems and there is no connection to the main bridge computer. However, Dyukela, looking over the shoulders of the two programmers, notices that the computer is connected to the Power Core. With a few clicks of the keys, the group is able to power down the Necromantic core. The effect of this is immediate on Obozaya, who feels the majority of the gloom lifted from her heart. As if a dark presence had left.
X5, I gave you an extra Aid bonus for the smart use of the computer. Nice idea.

1d4 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 1 Hrmmm... That's a 2, now.
1d4 ⇒ 4

After a bit more exploring, the group finds nothing of use and decides to move on. Most of the ships lights have gone out after you turned down the generators. Who has light? The dark, branching corridors inside the Endless Threnody are not made of solid bulkheads of metal and plastic, but of a lattice of enchanted bone and steel. A metal grating on the floor provides stable footing, but the walls have gaps large enough to fit a fist where the brilliant rainbow painting of the drift can be seen. The passages split and recombine in a manner eerily reminiscent of being inside a giant rib cage. Rounding a corner, the party comes to a generator room. In the center is a computer, glowing eerily in the dark hallway. Slowly moving in front of the screen is a skeleton! Two skeletal crew members can be seen in the hallway. They don't appear to notice you...yet.

Map is up! And why not, let's try a little Fog of War. The purple bars represent the Negative Energy aura. The gray boxes are the fog of war.

COMBAT INITIATED

Initiative:

Obozaya Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 
Brob Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 
Sal Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 
X5NSA Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 
Dyukela Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 
Flush Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 
Foe Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 

The PCs in bold may act. Anyone, in bold, who does not act within 24 hours will be botted, for sake of time.

Obozaya
Dyukela

Sal
X5NSA
CD1
Brob
Flush

Foes
I'm not saying you'll fight them but... they are skeletons and you are Starfinders. It's just a logical guess. ;)

PS: Lights will matter with these dark corridors. Please place a little sun on your character if you have a light.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Everyone has light, at least a 15’ cone of it!

Can I ask how winning initiative caused Dyukela and I to not get to go?

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Shoot! That was my bad on the bolding. Obozaya and Dyukela are up. Then we'll have foes move followed by the whole group at once.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya cries out like a Corellian chasing stormtroopers as she charges down the hall and strikes at the skeleton near the terminal...

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 131d12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela telekinetically tries to hit an enemy with the nearest piece of metal lying on the floor.
pink skeleton

to hit KAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

M, EAC: 15, KAC: 16 Ysoki Mercenary Mechanic
Stats:
Initiative: +3, Perception: +4 Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will:+0. SP: 6, HP: 8, RP: 4

Sal will look at the crowded hallway ”I’ll see if I can circle around from behind. Or at least make sure we aren’t hit from the side.”

Sal has 60’ of dark vision. He and Mark will move to the current positions, if there’s a enemy nearby he will use barricade in the space in front of him. If not Sal will move another 30’ down it. I didn’t want to move the fog without permission.

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

... apparently my post yesterday got eaten. Interesting. Brb. .

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Sorry about the delayed post. I must have previewed it and not pressed Submit.

The group's comm unit's lights allow the beginning of the hallways to be seen. Not one to go unblooded this time, Obozaya draws her Doshko and uses the element of surprise to her extreme advantage. The skeleton turned slowly at the approaching light, only to have it's spine severed by the laser axe. It falls over, dead. As it falls, a small shard of metal clinks off it's armor. Dyukela, frustrated by her poor aim, feels a chill travel through her body. The world suddenly feels a little darker. One point of cold damage for Dyukela!

After the warcry echoes and dies out, clicking can be heard. A rattling, like bone on metal, travels through the dark hallways to your ears. Suddenly, two skeletons burst out of the darkness, running at full speed!

Perception, DC 15:

They seem to be leaning towards the wall. As if they are drawn to it by some unnatural force.

At the same moment, two more skeletons round the left corner! One, focused on the living, runs dangerously close to CD1. CD1 gets an Attack of Opportunity.
Salvo, the skeleton moving right in front of you is probably going to change your plan. I moved your token back.

The PCs in bold may act. Anyone, in bold, who does not act within 24 hours will be botted, for sake of time.


Obozaya
Sal
X5NSA
CD1
Dyukela 6/7 SP
Brob
Flush

Foes


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya, emboldened by the ease with which her first assault dropped an enemy, swings her doshko at the next enemy (purple?) repeatedly.

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 111d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

Tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 111d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Pierce; analog; unwieldy

Wayfinders

M male shirren / priest / mystic / 8| NG | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 10/10 | EAC 21; KAC 23, | Fort +6; Ref +7; Will +12; | Init:+3, Percep:+17 | spells 1st 6/6; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 3/3

Dyukela concentrates heavily on hitting a purple skeleton with a piece of metal lying on the floor. He must hit or he will look like a bad mystic in front of his friends.

to hit KAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

X5NSA has 60 darkvision. And CD1 only has a ranged weapon, so I don’t think I get an AoO.

“Watch the bottle neck and the sides.” X5 tumbles forward to line up a clearer shot and clear the hallway.
Acrobatics(C)(1): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

presume I will be swung at.

Obviously off-balance from the tumble, X5 takes aim and fires from the hip. at green
Azimuth Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d4 ⇒ 3 (BAB=0, Dex=2) Fire, Burn 1d4


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Belay my last! My weapon is unwieldy. Cannot attack twice!


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

So my first attack should hit AC 15 for 4 damage.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Halfling Envoy 5 | SP: 35/35 HP: 32/32 RP: 6/6 | EAC: 22 KAC: 22 | F: +3, R: +10, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4+1d6 | Speed 30ft | conditions: None.

Taking in the necromantic scene, Brob lines up a shot at one of the enemies!

Attack vs EAC @ Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

"Narrow hallways blown away
Fight's begun
Gallant heroes lead the way
Never run!"

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Sal and Flush still have about 11 hours to post. But I thought it would be helpful if I did a brief update.

Obozaya brings down her fiery red lasers once again, and chops off several ribs of the skeleton. Dyukela takes advantage of the opportunity and sends a sharp piece of shrapnel through the skeleton's spinal column. The bones fall in a heap on the floor.

X5NSA attempts a move he saw on the nets, but is not as ninja as he would like to be. The skeleton strikes out at him and tears through his armor.

Claw@X5NSA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
DMG@KAC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Unfortunately, this knocks the android further off balance, causing him to miss. Doesn't CD1 get an action?

Captain Brob begins to sing. You're starting to think this may be typical for the Halfling. His shot was aimed quite well but CD1 moved at the last minute, throwing off the shot. The laser went spiraling into the bone wall of the ship. As a GM, I often forget about cover. Unfortunately for Brob, I just noticed that the Skeleton has soft cover from most of you.

Obozaya
X5NSA 1/6 SP
CD1
Dyukela 6/7 SP
Brob

Flush
Sal

Foes

Dataphiles

Female Vesk
Stats:
Sch. Mech. 1|Init:+1|SP:7|/7|HP:12/12|RP: 3/4|EAC: 15|KAC: 17|AC v CM: 25|F: +3|R: +3|W: +2|Eng:+11|Comp./PhSci: +8|LiSci/Med:+7|Per:+4|Ath: +2|Stlth/Pil:+1|PFS#145296-701

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Flush bellows as she flails frenetically at the skeleton that comes within reach using everything that isn't trying to reach for a weapon.

Experts may identify this in some future time as Vesk Nerd Style

Full Attack(On Green), Vesk Natural Weaponry: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 4 = 2

Full Attack(On Green), Vesk Natural Weaponry: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 4 = 7

However, it does have a historical antecedent in 'Flurry of Misses', an ancient style utilized by a long-deceased order of sentients on Old Golarion that extolled ironically the same sort of order that the Vesk typically do.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

yes. was hoping someone would drop the skellie that is next to CD1. :)

"Focus people...It's just a big undead ship floating in space with necromantic energy and hostile skeletons surrounding us. Somehow after X5 says this, there is very little comfort in his mind. And then he remembers something.... I forgot to issue fire commands to CD1...how silly of me.

"CD1. Command--Fire!" at green

Reaction cannon, light: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d10 ⇒ 4 (BAB=1, Dex=1, Weapon Focus=1) Pierce, Penetrating

Grand Lodge

BEEP BOOP BEEP. Botbot here to save the day!

Salvo hastily snaps off a piece of bone spur from the ship wall beside him and, stabbing it into what looks like the muscle sinew of the corridor, creates a simple barricade for himself. Looking over, he fires off a round at the skeleton.

Salvo, Tac Pistol, @Green: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12 Soft cover from CD1
Dmg vs KAC?: 1d6 ⇒ 2Not sure if this is KAC or EAC. Either way, it hits.

Mark I squeezes off a shot at the same skeleton, but his processor appears confused by the skeleton's bony structure.

@Green: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1 Soft cover because shooting along barrier (Allies) which gives cover.

151 to 200 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] Quests- Into The Unknown - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.