Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


501 to 550 of 1,481 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

RoW Maps

I'd like to push things forward a bit here. If there is anything further you all want to do in town take care of it, and let me know when you're ready to head back out. be sure to track any purchases or distributions of gold on the loot sheet.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

will do chief


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

While Ionna makes a call for new adventurers to reinforce the depleting expedition, Samuel profits the day at Heldren to gather new food supplies and materials in exchange for the bandits assets.

The Sentinel visits first Isker Euphram's smith to sell all the weapons and armors of the bandits "I guess you can get some money from these assets. Our group is also on need of some armor and weapons. I also need some materials to fix my musket, would you accept this masterwork weapon in exchange?"

Looking at her daughter he asks "You are good with the hammer, we will probably need good soldiers in the forest, would you not join us Xanthippe?"

-------------------

With the new money, Samuel checks with Natharen Safander at the Temple of Erastil the arrangements to buy the wand of cure light wounds.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling follows around, watching quietly, her eyes glancing in the distance. Clearly armed and quiet nonetheless.


RoW Maps

The smith eyes the various pieces of armor and the weapons with a critical eye. "Yes, I do believe I can make use of these. looks like you went and found yourself a bit of trouble did ya?"

He takes a look at Samuel's musket. "I am sorry Samuel, I do not know how this contraption works. but if you are able to do the work on it and tell me what you need I can likely find the materials you might need."
After a few minutes ofdiscussion and looking through his stocks he is able to supply you with what you need.

Xanthippe laughs off your suggestion to join you with the same tone she uses to ward off an unwanted suitor. "Oh no, I wouldn't be of use as a soldier! I'm perfectly happy here! she looks at you a little closer "Oh, wait, are you asking seriously? I'm sorry, I don't think i could go off into the wild and leave my father here" She glances his way in a way that conveys that he is definitely not OK with her leaving the village.

Samuel later exchanges the money gained from the smithy to the local priest of Erastil for a brand new wand. "I hope this aids you well in your travels. Our prayers will go with you that you would find the source of this unnatural weather and find a way to bring things back into balance"
He seems well-meaning enough, but it is clear from his tone that he isn't holding his breathe for this attempt to be successful


RoW Maps

The next morning, Lady Argantea is rejoined by Yulin, who is looking a little better, but still obviously weakened by his sickness. They are joined by three other young men, equipped with some simple arms and armor set aside t be used by the local militia.

Lady Argantea says her goodbyes to the party, thanking each of you personally, and promising to do what she can to prepare the nation for a possible war coming to their doorstep unexpectedly. She urges you to move quickly to do what you can to stop the fey here before they can establish a foothold in Taldor.

Once the group is ready to go, they make their way back into the woods. one night has not been enough to significantly change the snow levels, but the border of where the winter weather begins has expanded by several yards.

The group is able to make it back to the Sentinel Lodge without incident, though several times Alec and Samuel spotted movement in the woods around them. you can't shake the feeling that you are being watched, though it seems that after the previous attacks failed whatever is watching you is being much more cautious and avoiding a full-on fight.

on the other side of the lodge is a deep ravine with a simple wooden bridge spanning the distance. to reach the spot on the map that showed the portal, this is the quickest route.

What do you do next?


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel gives thanks to Isker for the exchange and acknowledges Xanthippe decision "Well, I do understand of course. It is a pity though"

---------------------------

The next day he visits Yulin and the Taldan gives hope and thanks to the man. He nods to Lady Argentea "Yes, my Lady, at your orders. The menace will be stopped!" although Samuel is relieved to know the Taldan army will be prepared.

Before leaving he checks with Ionna "We are to depart. Has anyone presented voluntary to join our expedition?"

He takes with him the jail with Vrixx, in case the group can gather more information from the atomie.

---------------------------

Back into the lodge Samuel checks for tracks around the building, trying to find if someone else came back around.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

With Alec, he inspects the ravine, trying to find an alternative path, and also checks the bridge structure for its safeness.
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
K. engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix whispers a spell as she sees Samuel checking the bridge, then finishes, saying "May the Drunken Hero guide your eye.." before touching the man to give him a tiny sliver of divine guidance.

She leans forward as she does, whispering, "Wondering if we should find a place to hide and wait once we cross - should see whatever's been following us pretty clearly when it crosses the ravine... assuming it's safe to cross, that is.


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Well, it seems like I'm up. I trust you can cover me with that weapon of yours, eh Samuel?"

If there are no objections, Alec will begin to proceed across.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Samuel takes a look around the lodge but is unable to find any sign of others coming to the lodge in the time the party has been gone.

the group congregates near the wooden bridge, eying it carefully. Alec volunteers to cross first and slowly makes his way along.

You can all see the bridge is somewhat difficult to cross in this weather. as long as you don't move quickly you should be able to get across safely. if you were to move quickly you would need to take a reflex save to avoid falling.

Alec Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

As Alec slowly makes his way across the bridge, his keen eyes spot something on the other side of the ravine. sitting in a tree partially hidden is a blue winged form, about half as tall as a human.

Map is updated. what do you do?

And to be clear, at this point Alec is the only one who has spotted the creature, and for the moment the creature is not moving from its position


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia has fallen into a contemplative quiet as they returned back to the lodge. Relieved that they have found no more threats on their return, she hoped that the true force had not yet arrived through the gate. She looks through the lodge when it's inspected, making sure nothing had been in since they'd left.

"If anything, it's a place we could retreat to, if need be," she observes to no one in particular.

She watches Alec head out over the bridge, and has Lazlo fly silently over the bridge to take roost in one of the trees on the other side.

Lazlo, stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Lazlo, perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec's eyes squinted again the wind as he slowly pushed himself across the bridge. A week ago, he wouldn't have trusted his eyes to see what he thought he saw, but now, he didn't even question them. Instead he continued his slow trek, putting one foot in front of the other. As he neared the other side of the bridge, he paused and looked back at the others. He waved them onward for a second, before turning his attention back to what was in front of him and moving forward again.


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods when Alec gives a signal to the group "Ok, it seems safe. You all cross the bridge now. I can give you cover from the distance"

The Taldan makes a sign to the others and waits for everybody to land at the other side of the ravine before crossing himself. He turns back for a second to give a last look to the Sentinels Lodge, then crosses the bridge starting a new all fantastic trip.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Sorry, thought we all knew.

Callix watches as Samuel and Alec cross the bridge, then suggests to the witch, "You should go next, rejoin your familiar. I'll hold and cross when you're safe."


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"All right." Letitia then cautiously crosses the bridge.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Lore warden Fighter 1| HP: 12/12 | AC: 18 / T: 14 / FF: 14| Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +1 | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | Init: +4, Perception: +6

Aisling keeps quiet, watching the others try and figure out the bridge.


RoW Maps

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Initiative foe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Alec makes it almost across the bridge, and Letitia starts across. the other three watch from the other side waiting their turns to cross.

Lazlo gives Letitia warning that something is up ahead, and she is ready when a blue winged creature flies out from a bush across the ravine.

Surprise round
Letitia, enemy, Alec

the creature flies out to a point in the middle of the ravine, heading towards those still on the lodge side of the bridge.

Round 1
bold may act:
Letitia, Creature, Samuel, Alec, Callix, Aisling

Letitia is first to act in round 1, go ahead and combine your surprise round with your round 1. Alec just gets a surprise round action before the enemy gets a turn

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 17/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:

NPCs:
Flying creature: HP??? | AC: ??? | Status:

Waiting on Aisling to finish updating her sheet before adding her to the stat tracker.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

With the early alarm provided by Lazlo, Letitia spies the creature as it starts to flap across the icy river. She targets it with her Slumber hex, hoping to cause it to fall asleep and then get swept away into the river.

Surprise round: Slumber hex Will DC 15

Round 1: if the slumber hex fails...

Letitia fishes out a flask of alchemists fire from her pouch and throws it at the blue creature.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Reflex DC 15 or catch fire


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

at work at the moment. Ill update it when i get home. Apologies. Things have been hectic


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

all set, thanks for waiting


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

As the blue-winged creature takes flight, Alec tenses. The last place he wants to be is on the bridge if combat breaks out so he pushes himself forward slowly, carefully picking his steps. His shield-free hand slips up behind his back and quickly slips the chakram free of it's catch beneath his pack.

"HERE!" he shouts. "COME GET ME YOU LITTLE, BLUE TROLL!"


Move action to continue across the bridge.
Free action to draw chakram as part of move action.


RoW Maps

GM rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The creature turns, apparently startled as she hears an incantation from Letitia. Her eyes go wide as she recognizes the hex, and she raises her hands to cover her ears. unfortunately she is not fast enough, and her eyes quickly grow heavy and she falls asleep.

Of course, falling asleep while flying is not usually great for the person flying... she falls down into the ravine, smashing into a rock.

falling damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

The damage from the fall immediately snaps her out of her sleepiness, but she has taken significant damage from hitting a rock. She stands up, and fires a spell back at Letitia, three purple streaks firing from an outstretched hand

Magic Missile: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) = 8
fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

she has caught fire, and a thin streak of smoke comes from one of her wings.

Well that was quite effective! the rest of the party is up now! and Letitia can go ahead and make round 2 actions

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 17/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 6/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:

NPCs:
Flying creature: HP-15? | AC: ??? | Status: on fire


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Not sure what this guy is, so I'm covering all the bases

Letita staggers from the incoming missiles that batter her viciously. She draws her crossbow and fires a bolt in retaliation, figuring her icy rays would not be useful against the bluish creature.

Ranged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"We did not have to go far away to find another one of those fey creatures!" Samuel quickly takes aim while the magics fly from one side to the other "That was nasty! I do remember now one of the bandits was talking in this direction when we came to the lodge" the High Sentinel shots his bullet.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23 Due to the falling damage roll I assume the target is within 30'
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

K.local (identify?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

HP 20/20 | AC 18 TAC 15
Bullets 31


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec looked down at the chakram in his hand, and then down at the little blue creature at the bottom of the ravine. He sighed, and dropped the chakram into the snow and started loosening the straps on his shield and eventually dropped that too into the snow. With his hands now free, he pulled the shortbow off his back and started to nock an arrow.


Free Action to drop chakram in the snow at his feet.
Move Action to drop shield
Move Action to draw shortbow.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix pulls her bow from her shoulder and steps up next to the witch, trying to see the blue creature and how it fared after Samuel's loud assault. "What is that.. and how are you?," she asks, trying to decide between attacking and healing.

Move up to Letitia, but action depends on response.


RoW Maps

Letitia:

In the brief moments that you saw the creature clearly you think back to your time studying a multitude of wintery creatures in Irrisen. this creature is not a fey, but is an Ice Mephit. While not as common as alliances with Fey, many Mephits are in the service of the Winter Witches.

Ice Mephits have a weakness to fire and immunity to cold, an icy breath weapon, very limited spellcasting and Fast Healing

Samuel is able to react quickly to the new threat, butting a bullet right on the money and knocking the creature unconscious.

The ravine is 20 feet deep. there is a small river at the bottom that appears frozen over from your vantage point.

GM rolls:

3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Immediate threat passed, Callix reaches for her healing wand on her belt, asking, "Should we go capture that? If it used magic, it must be clever enough to know something.". She touches the wand to the witch, releasing a wave of healing energy.

CLW (Wand): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"I wouldn't try to capture it. It heals rapidly, and it has a breath weapon. Best not to get close. Finish it while it's unconscious," she says, while nodding in thanks for the healing.

GM, is it still on fire from the alchemists fire?


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel reloads his musket and turns to Letitia "Do you mean it will fly away again if we do not finish it quick?"

Having learned to listen the northern witch warnings, the Taldan prepares himself to shut down the creature next turn if no one is able to end it now.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling pulls out a long bow and shoots at it, I will see what i can do...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


RoW Maps

It is still burning from the alchemist fire. and because it is weak to fire damage, it could potentially die pretty fast.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia reloads her crossbow, while paying attention to the burning mephit. If it keeps burning to the point it expires, she'll save the ammo.


RoW Maps

Left alone, the mephit stops moving at all in a few more seconds. with the creature dead, it is a slow but simple matter to get everyone across the bridge.

On the other side of the gorge, there is not much of a trail to follow since most of the fey you have encountered so far have been either tiny, flying or both. there are not many human footprints on this side, and it appears that the bandits in the lodge did not venture to this side very often.

However, with the maps you studied in the upper room of the lodge you have a good idea of which direction the portal lies.

How do you wish to proceed?


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix looks at the snow and winces, "We'll be leaving a trail a drunken blinded goblin could follow... So I'm thinking we should head straight for the portal before someone finds our backtrail..." She then shrugs, "Unless someone knows of a better path?"


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"With this snow our trail will disappear in a few hours I fear. Bad news if we are still hoping a bit of help from Taldor" Samuel checks the maps and tries to orientate himself "I have been a bit less on this area of the Woods, but I am still familiar. I think I know where this map is pointing up to. Would you help me to find the way Allec? You also know these forests"
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Samuel attempts to take a direct route but avoiding the more dangerous landscape traits.


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

First Alec placed his unspent arrow back in his quiver. Then he slipped the bow over his shoulder and retrieved his chakram. Next he strapped his shield back onto his arm and picked up his spear.

"I thought you'd never ask" he said.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"This way..." he said as he motioned the others onward.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling follows, still quite quiet. She seems at home in the snow. The cold not really bothering her in the slightest or even hampering her movement


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia dons her ice-blue robe, pulls up the hood, and follows without comment. If anyone looks her way specifically, she nods in agreement with the plan to make straight for the gate.


RoW Maps

Alec is at home in these woods, even with the changes the snow has brought on the landscape. He still has plenty of landmarks to guide him towards their destination.

Not far from the lodge, Alec spots some humanoid tracks coming from a direction other than from the lodge. they bisect the path the group is traveling and continue into the woods to the left. Samuel and Alec are both able to determine that the person was injured, and find blood between several of the boot prints.


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel raises his head and stares Alec at the eyes trying to read his mind "It might be one of the High Sentinels. What do you think? Is it fresh?" the Taldan looks then back to the group "Someone crossed this path. It might be one of the Sentinels, and we might be able to help without spending much time" Damn! It might even be Ariadna's wounded track... if she is injured that might explain why she did not came back


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix offers, "Can't be more than a few hours, from what you said before... The blood suggests someone needs help... which is enough for more, but for those it isn't, I'll point out that someone might know more about what we're facing."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Such injuries are dangerous in the cold, blood loss causes numbness and eventuallly...ignore me. We should move quickly Ashling states looking around at the mess


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"Following the tracks to the injured person, or retracing the tracks to whatever injured him," Letitia muses. "I'm in favor of the former. If he still lives when we catch up to him, we can learn what he fought. Well, he or she. And if that person is hostile, an injured foe is better." She arches her eyebrow with a half smile, looking to see if anyone is amused at what she apparently feels is a joke.


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods as the group seems to agree "Let's follow the blood then" and he starts to walk up in that direction hoping Alec will help as well.
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec simply nodded slowly as the others spoke. "Agreed."

He turned to follow after the injured person and the blood trail they had left behind.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Sorry for the delay in posting, things got busier than anticipated for the holiday weekend

Samuel and Alec easily follow the trail of blood, and at the end find a small depression with blood staining the mud and rocks around a body. you do not see any movement, and the person appears to be dead.

As you approach the body, you can make out that it is a human male, who looks familiar to some of you

Knowledge Local DC 13:

The man's name is Dryden Kepp, one of the best hunters in Heldren. only slightly less talked about than his skill as a hunter is his tendency to drink a little too much from his hip flask.

Right before you all left town the first time, there was a rumor that Dryden was going around telling a tale of finding a giant white weasel in the woods. no one believed him and assumed it was a fancy brought about by too much booze.

for anyone wishing to examine the body:

heal DC 15:

the injuries look like an attack of a wild animal rather than caused by weapons. you see claw slashes and bite marks on his body. he is definitely dead.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Letitia shakes her head, not recognizing the man, nor can she figure out what killed him.

"One of the bandits, perhaps?"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Callix shakes her head, "Looks like we were too late to help... Guess he didn't quite get away from whatever animal attacked him... "


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

K. local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Samuel checks the face of the body and frowns "Dryden Kepp. His hunting skill was only exceeded by the speed of his hip flask sips. He was one of the best hunters in Heldren, whatever it has killed him, it is a dangerous thing"

The Taldan nods to Callix as she talks of a wild animal "I do remember someone told me in Heldren that Dryden was going around telling a tale of finding a giant white weasel in the woods. No one believed him and it was assumed a fancy brought about by too much booze. But it might have been true after all..."

Samuel checks the body and picks up any useful tool he might be bringing with him "He is not going to need this anyway. We can take his body to Heldren once we come back"

After this, the High Sentinel looks to follow once more the path to the point signaled in the map.

501 to 550 of 1,481 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.