Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


1,401 to 1,426 of 1,426 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix shakes his head at Letitia's comments, Here I was setting up the tower to tear itself apart, and she's defused it. A false name is all that we needed... I can't help but think that she's still doing her best to make sure the power structure itself isn't torn apart as we do this...

She sighs, then says, "Be ready to strike when we return."

----

On route, Callix pushes the others, "Samuel? Alec? Any sign of the patrol's route? Are we gaining?"

----

Callix steels herself as they arrive at the house, fearing the worst has already happened.... then realizing, based on the news they were about to deliver, to Nadya, it had. She is grateful when the others speak up, not wanting to be the one to break the news. She says with a level voice, "The news is worse than that - the Forlarren told them you were helping, and they were threatening sending guards against you. While I'd like to think that what we just did will have them focused on other things... I could as easily see them looking to follow our backtrail. Your help has put in you in danger, Nadya. It's not fair -- in fact, it's horrible.. But it's true."

She turns to Letitia and says, "We came to close the gate, and we have -- but it's insanity to think that we've saved the south..." ..and some of us, apparently, were born to save the North.... She takes a breath and then says, "You're not free of me so easily, Letitia." Mother would be so pleased... She surprises herself with a chuckle as another thought comes to her, Well, less so about the company I'm keeping... which, to be fair, has been true for more than a decade now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Anger clouds Nadya's face at the news of her daughter's death. she sits in stunned silence while you discuss among yourselves who will be continuing on to Whitethrone. finally she speaks

I will see Nazheena pay for this. I don't know how, and I may very well die trying, but I can't live with myself for not trying to do something. The depravity of a woman who would torture a young girl to the point of suicide... my poor Thora's death is on Nazheena's hands, even if she did not strike the killing blow.

You have done much by killing her apprentice. he was not weak. I do not know what I can do against a powerful witch like Nazheena, but I think you may be able to succeed where I cannot. I cannot ask you to do more than you are willing, but if the opportunity presents itself, please help me kill her!

her voice shakes and is full of pain, but you can see the resolve and steel inside of her rising with every word.

We're going to take this fight right to the gates of Whitethrone if we have to. you say you want to go there, let me be your guide. I know the way, and I know the dangers we will face. this land is not hospitable to those not used to it. and if you did kill a Jadwiga... you will be hunted.

Luckily, I know a man who can help. my uncle works in the village just outside the walls of the capital. he has been helping a resistance movement called the Heralds of Summer's Return within the capital by smuggling in supplies and food. if anyone can get you inside the walls of Whitethrone it is him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia nods at both Callix and Samuel as they agree to come with her to Whitethrone. She was relieved that they needed no persuading, because just because they closed one gate did not mean that Elvanna's campaign against the south was over. Though perhaps their final goals were different, at this point their immediate needs aligned.

Before Ashling and Alec speak up about their intentions, Nadya speaks. Letitia's ice-blue eyes narrow when she mentions the Heralds. She'd heard of them. Maybe dangerous to a lone witch, or if left to flourish, but much like the Ulfen howling outside their borders, they were hardly a threat to the Jadwiga. But they may actually serve a purpose, now, if they can get us inside Whitethrone, she thinks.

"Nadya, you may certainly guide us to Whitethrone. You may fight with us when we face Nazhena. I welcome your help, and will do what I can to help you see her dead."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 15/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

We do need to remember, the mission bestowed on us. She motions to the cloak in reminder, Detours would not be recommended so a guide would be nice


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 2/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods to Nadya in acknowledgement of her feelings "The road will be safer with you as our guide Nadya"
K. local (recall knowledge about the Heralds of Summer's Return): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"If we are to do this, we should have into account Whitethrone is the capital. The most powerful allies of the witches will be there. We must be discrete by all means. We need to think about a good cover" then turning first to Nadya then to Letitia "We will need contacts or other source of information to discover where exactly has Nazheena gone. As well as what weak points we might find on there to succeed on our goals"
K. local (recall knowledge about Whitethrone): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec spoke looking at no one in particular. His voice was shakey, yet somehow resolved.

"I will go as well. I can help keep us hidden."


RoW Maps

Great, it is settled then. I do not have much that i need to bring with us Nadya explains. However, the events of the last few days have made it clear that we cannot stay here. Nazheena or her allies will come back for me. I am going to take my sons with me, at least as far as Ellsprin. I will get everything ready, and we will be set first thing in the morning.

feel free to take care of anything else you need for the night in Waldsby or to get supplies etc for the journey. it will take about 10 days to get all the way to Whitethrone.

In the morning, Nadya is up early, packing food and tents onto a dogsled. her boys sit on top of a second sled.

Well, if you are all ready let us be off at once!


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

We've got some stuff to sell, but I think selling Nazhena's treasures at Waldsby (at the very foot of the Pale Tower) is likely to be tough. Even if they've got the coin, they probably don't want to be caught dead with the stuff from the tower. Better to wait until we reach Whitethrone to try to fence whatever we want to sell.

Letita spends the day and evening going over all the magical items that they've collected. Unless someone wants them, she takes possession of the scrolls they've collected, since they are either spells she can add to her familiar's repertoire or spells that she can reasonably expect to unlock. She also keeps the icicle wand and continues wearing the cloak of the yeti, though she doesn't need it for its insulation against frigid temperatures.

If someone goes to town for supplies, she asks them to buy some rations for her as well, and supplies them with money if they ask for it.

In the morning, she joins Nadya and her sons as they ready to set out.


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 2/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

On the morning Samuel uses the coin to buy another wand for healing and gives it to Letitia in order to split the healing potential of the party.

"Yes, let us be off as soon as possible Nadya" the Taldan mounts on the sled covering his feet from the freezing coldness "What can you tell us about the trip? How long will it take?"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix pauses, "Would we be able to stop for supplies in this Ellsprin, Nadya? Might be better to be off quicly with what we can carry, just in case -- preferably before someone comes looking."


RoW Maps

"we should be able to make pretty good time with a group as well-equipped as yours, Nadya replies to Samuel. Still, the journey is not easy and will take us at least a week. there are some dangers on the road most of the time, which will only be made worse if Nazheena is trying to find you.

to Callix she says
Ellsprin is not much larger than Waldsby, but it is possible you could find some traders there. My uncle could probably help you with finding or selling things once we get to him in Whitethrone.

the party collects a few things they need for the trip, but set off quickly the next morning.

travel starts smoothly, as the weather is nice and Nadya is more experienced running the sleds than you were.

perception DC 15:

you see about a half-dozen ravens slowly cirlcing above you in wide lazy movements. as you watch, more ravens seem to be joining the flock


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Perception, Letitia: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Perception, Lazlo: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Lazlo hoots urgently as he circles overhead, trying to get everyone to look up.


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30

I'm hoping this gets used quite frequently for a while...

Terrain Bond (Ex) - Grant all allies within line of sight in Cold areas +2 Initiative, Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks. Ranger and allies leave no tracks in Cold areas.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

That's a fantastic ability, Alec! That bonus means Letitia also sees the ravens.

Letitia scowls when she sees the ravens circling overhead. When her owl lands on her shoulder, hooting, she looks at him with a half-smile. "Do you want to go play?"

Silently, the snowy owl glides up, nearly invisible in the frost-covered boughs of the trees. Lazlo picks a raven and snatches it out of the air in his powerful talons.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 2/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel remembers the Aerie of the tower as Letitia points out the Ravens with Alex "They are spying us"

" Shall I scare them?" the man looks at Nadya hoping she knows what to do. If she, or other ones, is not against, he shots at the mass of birds hoping a death and the noise will make them fly away.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix says, "Those birds are ruining Alec's covering our backtrail. Though, I guess it's fair question whether it's the witch, or our friend from the Aerie."


RoW Maps

Lazlo streaks up to the sky and grabs one of the birds. the others move to peck at him, but they are not fast enough to match the arial predator. Samuel's gunshot scatters them for a few moments, but soon they congregate again, seemingly with more birds this time.

the birds form up into two distinct swarms of ravens and descend on the party!

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Initiative Ravens: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The whole party can act!

You all spotted the ravens and all rolled higher than the birds. they are still up in the air, let's say 30 feet up. please place yourselves alongside the two sleds on the map for your starting positions! also, note I added a regional map to the slides, showing this encounter at the spot marked "A"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"Lazlo! Swoop low!" Letitia shouts as she sees the flock of ravens coalesce into swarms.

She moves back, hoping the swarms will get low enough to the ground for her new wand to work.

Holding my action, waiting for the swarms to get lower than 10 feet off the ground. Then use the wand to do an ice spear in the middle of a swarm.

Piercing: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11x.5=16
Reflex DC 14 for half


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 2/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Quickly! Disperse before they can catch us all!" Samuel quickly advances as fast as the snow and his snowshoes allow him. By when he reaches as far he can, he lowers his musket at shots at the crows coming over Nadya.

mwk Musket-DA (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+DA: 1d12 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 4 = 11

The musket suddenly gets stuck "Rats!!!" the Taldan starts hitting the firearm frantically until the bullet frees out of the chamber.
Expending 1 grit point to use quick clear as a free action.
2 of 3 grit points remaining


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Nadya, move!" Alec shouted as he quickly slipped his hand out of his shield and let it fall into the snow beside him. He dashed forward through the snow, drawing his shortbow as he moved to stand between the two sleds.


Move Action to Remove shield
Move Action to move and draw shortbow


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 15/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Far up...i'm not the best at ranged combat but i can attempt Ashling Draws her longbow and takes a shot

bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix sees the birds and thinks, Not again.., then looks at the two groups and whispers the words to a spell. If Samuel can make a racket, then so can I...

Casting Sound Burst on the blue swarm.

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 (x1.5 = 12)

Also, fort save DC 14 or stunned - which would make them take falling damage, I think.


RoW Maps

Nadya moves back a bit, unslinging her longbow. she takes a shot at the closest swarm
longbow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 9

Ashling also releases an arrow into a swarm. she kills a bird but they keep coming

Callix hits a swarm with a sound burst spell
fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Samuel jams his gun and clears it out.

the swarms fall on the party

Letitia causes a giant spike of ice to rise up among one of the swarms as it moves around Alec.
relfex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Alec takes 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage
Reflex Alec: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

the second swarm attacks Nadya who takes 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage
Reflex Nadya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

The whole party may act

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Party Condition: Hex Ward on all
Callix HP: 31/31 - AC: 18/13/15 Status:
Letitia: HP: 26/26 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 27/30 - AC: 19/12/17 Status:
Samuel HP: 34/34 - AC: 19/15/14 Status:
Ashling HP: 29/29 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Nadya HP: 19/24 - AC 15/12/13 Status:

Green Swarm HP: -13 | AC 15 |
Blue Swarm HP: -16 | AC 15 |


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 2/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Nadya get out of there!" while holding the musket in one hand, Samuel retrieves one alchemist fire flask with the other and tosses it at the crows attacking Nadya.
Alchemist fire throw (touch): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec swung his bow in a brief panic at the ravens flying around him. Suddenly he remembered the arrows in his quiver. Drawing one of the finest arrows in his quiver, he quickly nocked it, took aim and let loose.

Shortbow, arrow of animal bane: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 27
Piercing damage, animal bane: 1d6 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (1, 1) + 3 = 6

Minimum damage, that's a little depressing.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 15/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Ashling lets another arrow fly at the birds

1,401 to 1,426 of 1,426 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.