Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


301 to 350 of 1,549 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel moves behind the ridge while he readies his musket. He then looks over the ridge and shots at the first attacker or at the southern archer, whomever has the less cover.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia moves up to stand beneath the snow-laden boughs of a nearby tree, hoping that the branches will give her a measure of cover against the archers should they choose to target her. She eyes the one fighting the snow tiger, leveling her Evil Eye at him to reduce his chance to strike back.

Evil Eye hex, Will DC 14; -2 to attacks for 1 round if he saves, or 7 rounds if he fails


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"A pity."

Alec reversed the grip on his spear and raised it above his shoulder. His shield bearing arm extended out in front of him for balance. His waist twisted and his shoulder snapped, hurling the spear towards his target Blue bandit.

Spear throw, 3rd range band: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5

As soon as the spear had left his hand, he rushed forward, drawing his falcata as his boots danced across the snow. He moved up next to Snowpaw to engage the apparent leader of the bandits, caution thrown to to the wind.


RoW Maps

Snowpaw rushes the first bandit, acid and teeth tearing through his light armor. The man's laughs become screams as he falls under the attack

Letitia levels a cold glare at one of the archers, making him lose concentration on what he is doing.

Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Diverted your hex to the blue bandit since the first one is dead

Samuel fires his musket, hitting the female archer but not stopping her.

Alec misses wide with his spear, then stands next to the tiger, watching as it mauls the bandit.

Bold may act:

Greadra, Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,

sword bandit, bow bandits

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:

Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Baradim HP: 9/10 (-2 non lethal)- AC: 16/12/14 Status: fatigued

Snowpaw HP: 17/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status:

Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor,

Alec HP: 10/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Samuel HP: 3/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:

Red bandit: -11hp/ AC:16/ status: dead

Blue bandit: ???hp/ AC:???/ status: hexed for –2 attack

Female bandit: -3hp/AC:18/ status:


RoW Maps

Botting Greadra to keep things moving, as it has been a full day since the last post

Greadra moves in quietly, coming out of the trees behind the female archer. She swings her scimitar at the bandit before she can react

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
crit: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

the scimitar cuts the woman down quickly, before she even knows she was in danger.

The unengaged bandit fires his bow at Snowpaw after seeing what the tiger can do.

shortbow: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 = 16 Hit!

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 1damage

the arrow hits, but is barely a flesh wound

Bold may act:

Greadra, Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,

bandits

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:

Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Baradim HP: 9/10 (-2 non lethal)- AC: 16/12/14 Status: fatigued

Snowpaw HP: 16/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status:

Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor,

Alec HP: 10/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Samuel HP: 3/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:

Red bandit: -11hp/ AC:16/ status: dead

Blue bandit: ???hp/ AC:???/ status: hexed for –2 attack (3 rounds)

Female bandit: -12hp/AC:18/ status: dead

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

With a roar greadra Charges the blue bandit, coming back from her last attack with fury
Attack(charge): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6-no


| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

The bandits continue to drop one after another, falling to the ground after Baradim's comrades get into action. With another command, the tiger turns his attention to the remaining bandit and closes ranks. At the same time, Baradim charges in despite the cold ache in his limbs and swings for the kill.

Moved Snowpaw into melee. Charged as Baradim.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 = 18Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (3) = 9


RoW Maps

The two half-orcs and tiger cut down the final bandit with ease

End of combat


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Lazlo glides silently from a tree branch where he had observed the battle unseen and takes his place on Letitia's shoulder.

She moves to the campsite, staying watchful for other lurking bandits. "It sounds as though the lodge may be in bandit hands," she says softly, considering their next move.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel adjusts his position while he reloads his musket "How did that happen? Is there any of them alive we can interrogate?"

The man checks through the equipment to pick anything that might be of use.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra goes back to where she left her amrmor, Coming back and Donn the heavy pelts.

Bandits... Of all the things going on, Bandits are at te center of it all she laughs, Bandits, Fey, and a gods be damned necromancer... she sighs.


RoW Maps

That last bandit is dead-dead after being mauled by 3 people at once. the other 2 are negative and dying. you would need to heal them a bit if you wanted to try to interrogate them.

The bandits are not particularly well-equipped, but they have some standard gear on them. you find:
3 padded armor,
1 buckler,
1 short sword,
2 shortbows
30 arrows,
8 gp, 5 sp

Letitia does not spot any other bandits int he immediate area. if they do control the lodge, perhaps these 3 were sentries. the lodge is a little more then a mile from your current position.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia gives a derisive sneer at the bandits and their simple gear. "Rohkar's Raiders? Do you recognize that name? Because if they came from Irrisen, my country has become quite pathetic in my exile."

She chooses the one least injured and makes a half-hearted attempt to stabilize his or her wounds.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 10

She shakes her head and wipes her hands off in the snow. "Well, I tried. It's not like this lot would really know anything of value, right?"


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec stomped through the snow to retrieve his spear, a scowl on his face. He was a mighty hunter, years of experience, hundreds of kills, but when it came to combat, he was not finding his target. His father would not be pleased.

He walked over to the bodies of the bandits and began to survey them. The arrows he would take and put into his own quiver. He had no need for the armor or the buckler, and he already had a bow. He grabbed the gold and stuffed the few coins into his own belt pouch. The shortsword he picked up, felt it's weight, tested it's balance. He examined the quality of the handle, how sturdy the blade seemed. As Letitia spoke up, he responded.

"Best to put them down. No need for them to suffer. They won't survive the weather anyway."

With the blade already in his hand, he moved to place it over the first bandit's heart. After a brief second, he plunged the blade down. The deed done, he removed the blade and wiped it off on the dead man's clothes before moving over to finish the last one off.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel shakes as Alec executes the bandits but does nothing to stop him "So they are bandits after all... I don't know those Riders. Could Qadira be behind the attack to the Lady after all?"

"Ok, let's move to the Lodge. I will try to find a way around so we can approach to the rear door without facing more sentries "
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Survival (Aid Another): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Without thinking, Alec raised his arm and with his thumb, pointed in the wrong direction.

"This way" he said, as he started walking. He paused as he began to pass the bodies.

"Should we try to hide the remains?"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia's eyes grow wide at Alec as he finishes them off. "I would have thought you would be more squeamish," she says with a slight smile on her lips.

She shrugs at the bodies. "What for?"


RoW Maps

Samuel:

There are not very many ways to approach the lodge. it is in a fairly defensible location for this area, with one side butting right up to a gorge formed by the larger of the 2 rivers in this forest. you could approach off the main trail coming out of the woods near the lodge instead of walking right up to it, but the woods are cleared in a decent radius around the lodge.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"I've spilled enough blood to know how it's done." Alec looked down at the lifeless body.

"Just never killed men before. The work's the same though. Anyway, we were following men who we think kidnapped a woman, are involved with a necromancer, and left a few traps for us along the way. There may be other groups scouting around, or on watch. If they find these bodies, they'll know we've come this way, and what's more, that we can handle a fight." He looked up at the flakes floating down around him.

"The snow will likely cover our tracks, and even the blood. Bodies are harder to hide though, and will likely attract predators, or scavengers." Alec shrugged again.

"Just a suggestion."


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel waits long considering the options then he says "The woods are cleared in a decent radius around the lodge, but we could approach off the main trail coming out of the woods near the lodge instead of walking right up to it"

Assuming the party agrees, the Sentinel moves on around the snowy trails and looks for a place in the woods where the group can spot the lodge and perhaps get a better idea of what is going on before approaching in.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia's eyes narrow and she nods, understanding Alec's meaning. "Ah. You're preventing the necromancer additional bodies to animate. Hmm."

She considers the spells of necromancy, wondering if there are ways to prevent a body from being animated. Remove its heart? Head?

Spellcraft or Kno (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

When Samuel suggests approaching the lodge away from the main trail, she nods in agreement and then follows him.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra Claims the buckler from the loot. she moves over to the bodies.

"the best way to prevent resurection would be to dismember the bodies" she says. "however for the sake of ethics, i belive it would be easier to bury them under the snow to hide them. surely they piled some snow nearby to clear the ground for their fire" she says, pointing to the bandit's firepit.


RoW Maps

While the others discuss what to do with the bodies, Samuel and Letitia scout ahead carefully. They move to the edge of the woods and can easily see the lodge. It is a well built structure, built of solid timber and stone. It sits at the top of a hill, with a large gorge behind it. The lodge itself is 2 levels, but the top level is only about a third as big as the bottom. There are 2 smaller buildings on the grounds, an outbuilding and a stable.

No one is outside in the cold, but you can make out movement inside through one of several windows on the ground floor. The lodge certainly doesn't look to be on high alert.

Do you wish to stay and observe for some amount of time or return to the party?


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia pulls her cloak close as she observes the lodge. She wonders if she should put the cloak away -- it didn't necessarily help them in her dealing with the fae and almost got her killed by those with her. She quietly moves behind a cluster of ice-covered bushes and finds a stump on which to sit that gives her a decent vantage point.

"Samuel, if you wish to go get the others, I can stay here and observe. I can promise I will attempt no heroics until you all return." She gives him a cold smile.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel ponders for a while observing Letitia, then finally "Ok, but make sure no one can see you, and let Lazlo pick us if something goes wrong"

The Taldan let's Letitia wait and observe the movements while he returns to the group "The lodge does not seem under alert, but we appreciate movement inside. Letitia is observing to discover more. We can approach together from one of the entrances and discover if the bandits were saying truth about the attackers"


RoW Maps

New map added. I'm assuming everyone will follow Samuel at this point, but if there is more that needs to be done or said beofre moving on feel free to fill in. after a week and change of dead time, I'd like ot move things up a bit

Letitia:

As you watch from your vantage point, it seems that the people inside the lodge seem hesitant to be outside for very long. you can't get a good count of people, but you've seen at least 5 or 6 different people emerge for a few minutes at a time.

The side of the lodge towards you seems less guarded, perhaps relying on sentries down the road a bit. one person has gone out the back door and seemed to be yelling at someone across the bridge, but you were not able to see who they might be talking to.

When Samuel returns with the others, things are still pretty quiet at the Sentinal Lodge. it is still daytime, with evening coming in a few hours. there are tracks from many people going in and out of the lodge, and you can tell from your vantage point that there are at least 2 horses in the stable. there are 2 entrances to the lodge, both with slightly raised porches leading to double doors. one is facing your current position in the woods, the other faces the stables and is turned away from you.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"How are we approaching?" he whispered as he followed Samuel back.

"Are we rushing the door as a group? Should we wait for cover of darkness? You are still very injured my friend, and Baradim still shivers. If bandits have taken the lodge, they have a defensive position to defend."

Alec was no warrior, but he was a hunter, and hunting wasn't that much different from combat when it came down to it. He and his father had set plenty of deer stands in their lives, plenty of traps, even approached from different sides to surround prey and close in on it. Different tactics were used to catch different prey, and this was no different.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"We cannot wait for a cunning plan. In my opinion the best we can do right now is to quickly storm that first door while we have the surprise advantage in our side" Samuel checks his musket making sure it is loaded and ready.

"Geadra and Baradim could go first ones, followed close by you Alec, while Letitia and me cover you from the back"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

When the group rejoins her, she slips out of her hiding spot. "I counted at least six different individuals. At one point, someone stepped out the back and yelled something at the bridge, but I never saw anything there. Nothing responded, either, that I could tell. It's quite possible a winter fey is guarding the bridge in the back."

She nods in agreement with Samuel's plan. "The moment you fire your weapon, all hope for stealth will be lost. It's probably best we strike swiftly."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

greadra Draws her Scimitar and nods, "Agreed, We should slip in, and incapacitate them as fast as possible" she snorts "I'll grabbing and try to keep them alive, after all a living prisoner us much more talkative than a dead body.

She says, strapping on the buckler in off hand, Any objections?


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Observing the group is aligned on the way to go, Samuel nods to the group and starts walking to the nearest door.
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Once there, he waits for the ones in front to open the door, with his musket already prepared just at the back of Greadra.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


RoW Maps

is everyone approaching the door, or is Samuel by himself scouting ahead? Samuel said he would stay in back with Letitia covering the group, but the last post sounded like you were going up to the door first.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel post is just a thread pusher. As we had agreed to open the door I assumed front liners will do it, while he stayed behind, but GM could make use of a player input stating we were really moving in that direction ;)


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec reached out to grab Samuel by the shoulder. "This is not a good idea. You don't walk into the bear's cave, especially when he's home. We should wait. Try to lure them out. I don't know, but if the Sentinels's lodge has been taken from trained seasoned warriors, what do we expect to accomplish by charging in blind? I trust you my friend, enough to say this isn't the only way."

"If we must do this, you will stay to the rear, behind me."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia glares at Alec. "Are you mad? Fight out here? Where they can surround us? They outnumber us already. Let's not give them the chance to prepare and attack us en masse."

She urges Greadra and Baradim forward. "Stand ready to support them. I'll see that Samuel remains safe," she tells Alec.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

Baradim had remained mostly quiet, his eyes closed as he pondered their predicament. It seemed in this frozen landscape, there were no real allies to count upon. There was only each other and even then, they weren't at their full capacity and some of them were even injured.

The half-orc snorted as if he was waking up from a dream as the others spoke, specifically with Alec's murmur that this was not the greatest of plans. "I concur with Alec...but Letitia is also correct. To fight outdoors, where their numbers are more effective, is more dangerous. Perhaps...this initial strike in will aid us. We must approach carefully; the foxes can only steal so many hens before the guard dogs notice."

Hefting his blade, he frowned at how cold his hand felts upon the hilt of the weapon and a sigh left him. "I...will not be as accurate as I have been. The cold has leeched my strength shamefully...my master would be so disappointed. Snowpaw and I will fight as best we can." Looking towards Letitia, he would give a nod. "You know the Wintry Folk better than I. If one appears, let me know. I have a bit of magic left, enough to let Snowpaw's teeth and claws tear through their magical flesh."

With all that settled, Baradim would try to move as quietly as he could through the snow-covered forest to approach the Lodge. He eyed it carefully, considering his position with each and every step. Death lingered over this place like a haze and he had no interest in joining the spirits so soon.

Baradim's Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11Snowpaw's Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

As carefully and as quietly as he could move despite the shivering and hefty weight of his armor. Snowpaw stalked through the snow behind him, sniffing the air for any changes. Reaching the door, he'd look at Greadra and give her a nod. "The same goes for you, if you are close. I can make your teeth and claws tear through fey flesh. You just need to be close."


RoW Maps

At this point, Baradim's non-lethal damage is reduced to 1. once that last point heals (one per hour or once hit with magical healing) he will no longer be fatigued

The group moves towards the door, with Baradim, Greadra and Snowpaw up front, the others following just behind.

GM rolls:

Perception Greadra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception Baradim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Perception Snowpaw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Perception Letitia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception Alec: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception Samuel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

1d3 ⇒ 1

Unfortunately no one spots the trip-line on the ground as they near the front porch. Baradim feels a slight pressure on his boot, and hears a twang of a crossbow firing.

crossbow trap: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Baradim is struck by the bolt and takes 5 damage.

possibly worse than the bolt, the crossbow itself was perched precariously, and falls from the railing where it was balanced, dragging a line of metal cups on a string behind it, making a huge racket. clearly this was set up as an alarm of some kind.

within seconds, you all can make out shouts from inside the lodge.

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Baradim HP: 4/10- AC: 16/12/14 Status:
Snowpaw HP: 16/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status:
Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor,
Alec HP: 10/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 3/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:


| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

Baradim walks slowly through the snow, quickly approaching the front door. All seems quiet and safe until his foot feels that resistance and his eyes close. "This...will hurt." He thinks moments before the crossbow goes off.

The bolt is fired and the half-orc moves out of the way just enough to make sure that it doesn't end up in his chest, instead digging hard into his arm. His cry of pain is covered, rather unfortunately, by the cacophony of cans that come falling down after it.

His head dipping down, cursing all the while in Orcish, he bites down upon the bolt and pulls hard on it to remove it from his flesh. He looks towards Greadra and gives her a nod, their surprise ruined and every advantage needed. With a quick prayer, he places his hand upon her and she would feel a surge of strength run through her being. Teeth and claws would strengthen to be like steel, ready and able to rip the bandits inside apart.

Standard action to cast Magic Fang on Greadra. Move action to move beside the door. If possible, I'd like to open it as well and let my backline take shots.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Lazlo has a +10 Perception, and I didn't see where you rolled for him.
Let's give a hoot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Whoa!


RoW Maps

I'll add Lazlo to the perception chart. Although before he is able to communicate with you with more than emotional impressions, he is not as useful in finding traps passively in an environment where you know there are enemies about.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Let's go then! Open the door before they have more time to prepare" Samuel presses the group to go in as soon as possible.

Sovereign Court

game master

Greadra takes lead, knowing she had rhe best chance to survive if any more traps lay in wait. She grows claws and growls as she advances to the door, Readying herself to attack as soon as it opened. Ready I an attack for when the door opens


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

With the trap sprung, Alec quickly stepped forward in front of Baradim. He had not known the half-orc long, or any of them for that matter, but he found a certain level of affinity for the man, a kindred spirit of sorts. Both with a healthy respect for the outdoors and those that appreciated it. He wasn't ready to call him a friend quite yet, but it was the closest he had had in years, other than his father. He glanced around at the rest of them and came to realize that this was the most he had talked to anyone besides his father in months, possibly even years.

With a strange smile creeping on to his face, Alec spoke quietly. "We should run. We won't...but we should."


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

When the trap goes off, Letitia eyes the owl on her shoulder with her ice-blue stare. "Really? You need to be noisier in the future."

With their surprise lost, she turns toward the door. A frosty rime covers her hand as she readies a spell once the door is opened. "Go! Hurry," she whispers urgently.


RoW Maps

Too many people trying to be first through the door. I moved Alec and Greadra to the door, pushing Baradim out of the way for now.

Alec moves past Baradim, letting the injured druid take a safer position. Greadra extends her claws, feeling Baradim's enchantment kick in making her stronger than even her usual enhanced state.

Moving quickly so as to not give their enemies time to prepare an ambush, Alec swings the door open quickly.

Inside you see a large dining room dominated by a long table and benches. 4 humans dressed and equipped similarly to the group you fought on the trail are in the process of standing up and drawing their weapons. The two closest t the door have drawn short swords, while the farther 2 are knocking arrows on bows.

Initiative:

Initiative Greadra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative Baradim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Initiative Bandits: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Bold may act:

Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,
Bandits, Greadra

Two of you mentioned 'readying actions' before the door was opened. From my understanding of the rules, you can't do that out of combat. Special Initiative Actions "are ways to change when you act during combat by altering your place in the initiative order."

If you are aware of enemies on one side of the door and they are unaware of you, you would get one action as a surprise round rather than a readied action (which has much more flexibility than a readied action anyways). If both sides are aware of the other, we just do normal rounds and you get to make your attack or cast your spell when your turn comes up, as it represents who is quickest to react in the combat.

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Baradim HP: 4/10 (-1 non lethal)- AC: 16/12/14 Status: fatigued
Snowpaw HP: 16/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status:
Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor,
Alec HP: 10/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 3/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:
Red Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:
Yellow Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:
Green Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:
Blue Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:
Pink Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Hustling through the door and past the closest bandits, Alec rushed the ones attempting to bring their bows to bear.

When fighting wolves, he knew they would try to surround him. He was counting on it. He hoped to draw their attention to himself so the others could choose their targets. In their diminished capacity, he had to afford his companions any advantage they could get, so he raised his shield high and focused more on protecting himself.

Spear, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

AC: 19


| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

Baradim would enter in, following behind Alec, with his falchion tight in his grip. Spotting the bandits, a low growl left him as he engaged the one closest to his right. The cold-iron weapon swung fast and hard, seeking to cleave through the man's torso.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9

Snowpaw trotted in behind him as Baradim began to fight, the half-orc whistling for the tiger's attention before pointing at the other man. With another attack command given in Druidic, the tiger rushed passed them to engage the enemy.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


RoW Maps

The bandits are slow to react and unable to attack as the ranger and tiger barrel past the bandits with swords.

Alec injures one bandit, while Baradim slices another open, dropping him.

Bold may act:

Letitia, Samuel,
bandits,
Greadra, Baradim, Alec

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Baradim HP: 4/10 (-1 non lethal)- AC: 16/12/14 Status: fatigued
Snowpaw HP: 16/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status:
Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor,
Alec HP: 10/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 3/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:
Red Bandit HP: -9 - AC: 16 Status: dead
Yellow Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:
Green Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:
Blue Bandit HP: -6 - AC: 16 Status:
Pink Bandit HP: ??? - AC: ??? Status:


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel moves in taking the space left by Alec and Baradim, and searching for a clean shot. Observing the bandit in yellow has no cover, he shots at him "These are definitely not my companions and coworkers. What have you made of the High Sentinels?!"
Musket+PB (touch, flatfooted and precise shot): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

HP 3/11; AC 17 TAC 14
Bullets: 33


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

DM, I'm aware of readied actions -- I was being descriptive in Letitia's stance and demeanor. Sorry for the confusion.

The young witch slips into the lodge, taking in the scene unfolding as Baradim drops his foe. She notices Alec has wounded his opponent, so she targets the same one before he can react further. An icy blast of winter shoots from her fingers towards the (blue) bandit.

Casting ray of frost
Ranged touch, into melee, vs flat-footed: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 4 = 11
Cold: 1d3 ⇒ 3

301 to 350 of 1,549 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.