Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


651 to 700 of 1,540 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

RoW Maps

When Letitia grabs at the doll it suddenly animates, dropping the facade of being an immobile doll. as Letitia reaches for it it attempts to wriggle away.

Letitia grapple attempt: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Letitia manages to grab the doll and call out a warning to her companions.

the doll is in fact a creature, and Letitia suddenly grabbing it will be the surprise round as combat begins

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
initiative doll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

bold may act:
Letitia, Alec, doll, Callix, Aisling, Samuel

Letitia gets a +2 on the following check if attempted:

Knowledge arcana DC 15:

the guardian doll is a tiny construct created by infusing a gem with a soul and attaching it to a doll. the doll uses the soul to animate, but has no trace of the original personality or thoughts of the soul's original owner. guardian dolls are used to protect borders and will relentlessly pursue anyone who passes their post until either they or the targets are destroyed.

the doll is a construct, and is immune to cold. it has damage resistance to non-magical sources, and a spell resistance.

it has access to various spell-like abilities, but these can vary based on the spells the creator witch used in its creation.

beat the above check by 5 or more:

though it is a construct, the doll has a 'mind' due to the unique nature of the soul focus. it can be affected by mind-altering effects. it is also vulnerable to fire-based attacks

Callix, were you intending to stay back, or have you just not update your position on the map? please show where you wanted to be positioned before this fight broke out.

For throwing the doll, I am not familiar with rules for throwing an enemy creature. if someone has them, please provide a link for me. if not, we will go by the following: if you attempt to throw a grappled creature, it must be at least 2 sizes smaller than you. when you attempt the throw it will get the immediate escape attempt at +4 as a creature being moved into danger by a grapple. you can throw it as an improvised thrown weapon with a range increment of 10.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Callix had posted she whispered in my ear, so I figure she had come up to where I had been.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20

When the doll comes to life in her hands, Letitia yelps in surprise. Thankfully she holds on to it as it struggles.

"It is a guardian doll!" she cries out as she tries to fling it back toward Samuel. "Use fire if you have it!" Letitia then pulls out a flask of alchemists fire.

Those rules seem fair to me. I'll go ahead and try it.


RoW Maps

escape artist attempt: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19

the doll manages to slip from Letitia's grasp as the witch hauls her arm back to make the throw. the doll falls in the snow, its head slowly rotating to regard Letitia with her odd mis-matched eyes.

Alec is up next


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Sorry, I find it tricky to move my counter when I post on my phone and clearly forgot to do it later. As Letitia mentioned, Callix had joined her, per the posted (out of combat) actions. So I've moved next to Letitia, though I think I accidentally shrunk my token as I moved it


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

As the doll came to life and shouts rang out, Alec tried to scramble up the snowy embankment.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Unfortunately his spear and shield worked against him as he tried to scale the slippery slope. His footing gave out and he tumbled backwards onto his rear, his face red in embarrassment. He quickly scrambled back to his feet, hoping no one had noticed, and used his spear as a momentary crutch until he could get his feet under him. Somewhat unsteady on his feet after his fall, he slowly moved forward and around the hill.


RoW Maps

the little doll stands to its tiny feet. Letitia and Callix see the flash of what looks like a little toy knife in the doll's hand.

the doll's porcelain skin frosts over as the air around her suddenly gets much colder and spiderwebs of ice spread across the ground around Letitia and Callix.

cold damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
Fortitude Callix: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Fortitude Letitia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Letitia takes 10 damage, Callix takes 8 due to cold resistance. both feel the cold slowing their limbs but fight through the discomfort.

Spellcraft DC 17:

the doll has cast Frost fall centered on the square north of Letitia the spell only has a 5 foot radius but persists for multiple rounds and will continue to cause cold damage to anyone in the spell effect each round.

a failed fortitude save would have meant being staggered for a number of rounds.

bold may act:
Callix, Aisling, Samuel, (round 2:) Letitia, Alec, doll.

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 9/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 1/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 17/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Doll: HP:?? | AC: ??? | Status:


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling Dashes easily across the ice and snow, showing little to no issues as she holds her footing showing herself trained for such conditions. She moves next to Letitia and Step back, if you can. i'll end this.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Child of winter:

Child of Winter (Ex):

You gain the constant benefit of endure elements, but only against cold temperatures. You can move across regular snow without penalty, and heavy snow costs you only 2 squares of movement instead of 4. You can move across icy surfaces without penalty, and never need to make Acrobatics checks to run or charge on ice. You leave no trail in ice or snow, and cannot be tracked (you may choose to leave a trail if you so desire). During winter months, you gain a +2 insight bonus on Initiative checks and Reflex saving throws.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel struggles through the snow having problems to wade off the difficult ground as he advances for a clearer view of the action. As he does so, he starts leveling up his musket "I don't like what that thing is doing, move away of it!" and he shots at the doll directly!
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

HP 20/20 | AC 18 TAC 15
Bullets: 30


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Again Alec tried to scale the slope and again he tumbled down after only a few feet. He cursed and spat as he climbed to his feet, more angry than hurt. Here his companions were assaulting a structure and he, an experienced woodsman and tracker, could barely stay on his feet in the snow. His father would not be proud.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23+1 if cold magic, which I think it is

The unnatural cold nearly drops Letitia then and there. She backpedals out of the zone lest she succumb in a few more seconds by remaining within the effect of the spell. "That area is still affected! Avoid it or be frozen!" she calls out as a warning.

Then she throws the vial of alchemist's fire at the doll, refusing to be cowed by the creature.

Ranged Touch (splash): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4x1.5=6


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix calls out, "How big is the area effected? Can I get close enough to break that foul thing?" I can see why having dozens of these things following you can drive a person to leave their homeland... She spins the axe in her hand, praying silently, Hero, guide my blade.., throwing it and stepping back even as she draws upon her faith in the Drunken God to restore a measure of warmth.

Standard, throw axe (in hand), swift: fervor to heal, move: draw other axe, +5 foot step back.

Fervor: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Ugh. That doesn`t seem worth it.

Throwing Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 I need a new d6. This one's cursed


RoW Maps

after the doll comes to life the party scrambles to find a way to stop it. Samuel's shot goes wide and Alec has trouble making it into the combat. Callix throws an axe that meets its mark but bounces off of the doll harmlessly. finally, Letitia is able to hit the doll with a flask of alchemist fire that seems to be much more effective.

Without any change in expression on its porcelain face, the little doll runs at Letitia, stabbing at her with a tiny toy knife.

dagger + charge: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
damage: 1d2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8 letitia takes 8 damage, 6 of which is cold

Letitia feels the dagger slice her leg, and feels a magical coldness spread from the tiny cut. she falls to the ground unconscious from her wounds
Fortitude Letitia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Bold may act:

Callix, Aisling, Samuel,

Alec, Letitia, ,

doll

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 9/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: -7/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status: unconscious and dying
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 17/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Doll: HP: -6 | AC: 17/16/? | Status:


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling decides to act quickly and attack the doll before it can cause further harm

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Befuddled by the combat development Samuel attempts to quickly reload one of the cold iron bullets Letitia gave the Sentinel "Curses! That thing is made of some abnormal material. Did you see how Callix axe was bounced off?"


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"NO!" Alec shouted as Letitia toppled to the ground.

Before he realized it, the spear had left his hand and soared through the air.

Spear Throw, range penalty: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

It went wide of the doll, but Alec was up the hill before the spear even landed.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix sees the witch fall and winces, Blast, that looked horrible.... but we need to stop the doll... The fire seemed to work, and I`ve got a flask... but I think I need to make sure Letitia doesn't die first..

She begins to trace a strange pattern with her left hand, whispering a prayer to the Drunken Hero, then rushes around the doll, standing over the witch and quickly reaching down to touch her, while keeping the cold iron axe in her right hand between the doll and herself.. and the witch... "I suddenly understand why some kids delight in popping the heads off their dollies."

Cure Light (from Shield of Faith): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

The healing from Callix stops Letitia from dying, though it fails to wake her up from her injuries.

Meanwhile, the fire continues to burn on the doll.

Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3x1.5=4


RoW Maps

the doll is hit by Aisling's scimitar, leaving cracks in the porcelain skin. it is hard to tell, but it seems like it did less damage than it would have against flesh and blood. the little construct spins around and stabs at the girl

doll's knife vs Aisling: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
damage: 1d2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5 Aisling takes 3 damage after applying Cold Resistance

Fortitude Ashling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Aisling feels a magical cold try to flood her body from the little cut the doll gives her, but she is used to a bit of cold and shrugs it off.

Bold may act:

Callix, Aisling, Samuel,

Alec, Letitia, ,

doll

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 9/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: -2/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status: stable
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 14/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Doll: HP: -20? | AC: 17/16/? | Status:


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

just to point out as im not certain what the ruling here specifically is, but when someone is healed while unconscious and dying is auto stabilizes and brings them to 0. i only say, cause it says minus 2

Ashling steps to the side again, slashing as she does so. fully focused on the fight, dancing around in the snow with little issue

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Be aware the doll might be triggering AoO because it seems a tiny creature.

Samuel takes good aim at the doll and shots at it from below the trees "We have to save Letitia!"
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Bullets: 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal
Ashling_Frost-wing wrote:
just to point out as im not certain what the ruling here specifically is, but when someone is healed while unconscious and dying is auto stabilizes and brings them to 0. i only say, cause it says minus 2

I've never heard of healing bringing someone to 0 and can find no rule that confirms this. Do you have a source?

Alec stalked forward, drawing his falcata out as he approached the doll. The anger welling up in him was suddenly released, but the rage clouded his vision and the blade evaded the tiny doll.

Falcata: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Lazlo the snowy owl circles around the still form of Letitia, concerned for her safety but unable to do anything effective in the fight with the homicidal doll.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Nvm i looked it up, just found out its a common houserule. Healing only auto stabilizes not brings to 0


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Seeing the doll no longer attacking Letitia, Callix steps back, no longer standing over the witch and pulls her alchemist's fire flask, Here goes nothing...

Alchemist's Fire: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d6 ⇒ 1 The evil d6-bot strikes again - not really worth the money, that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

@Samuel: yes, you're right, Aisling should have gotten an AoO. my bad, I should be more used to using tiny creatures after doing this campaign...

AoO Aisling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Well, I tried

with the mean little doll running around stabbing and hacking, the party has difficulty hitting the small target. Aisling's scimitar swings right over the small doll's head, and Samuel's musket once again misses the mark, whizzing by Aisling's head. Alec finally joins the fight and misses his attack as well. Finally, Callix lands a shot, hitting the doll with a second vial of alchemist's fire. it gets covered with oil and is burning again.

concentration check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
the doll turns it's head towards the cluster of people looking like something out of a nightmare. her face is chipped and broken, and her doll clothes are slowly burning. she makes a motion with her hand and once again the air gets colder and frost grows around the 4 people close together.

cold damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Fortitude Callix: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Fortitude Ashling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Fortitude Letitia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Fortitude Alec: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Each person takes 4 points of cold damage. all but Alec are staggered for 1 round. i believe everyone but Letitia has resistance 2, so 2 damage each.

the fire on the doll continues to burn
fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6
though it took a moment to light, the alchemist fire thrown by Callix starts to melt the doll's body and it finally falls down and stops moving, smoke curling from what is left of its clothes.

End of Combat

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 7/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: -6/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status: dying
Alec HP: 16/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 12/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Doll: HP: -30? | AC: 17/16/? | Status: destroyed


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

With combat over Ashling quickly goes over to Letitia and casts cure light wounds. Her hands glow with a magic violet light emanating from her hands. She lays her hands over Letitia and her wounds start knitting together. It is not your time yet.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia groans as she pushes herself off the frozen ground. She blinks at the battlefield, eyes the burnt and cracked remains of the doll, and then looks at Callix and Samuel. "You defeated it," she says with a cough.

She staggers to her feet, holding the spot where the tiny knife struck her, though the real injuries had come from the magical cold. "I think... Irrisen has made it clear whose side I'm on."

She stumbles over to the remains of the doll and cracks open its skull, pulling out the gemstone she noticed in one eye and the mirror in its other. The mirror, she drops to the ground and puts her heel on it, grinding it into the ground. The gem, she holds up in the air to appraise.
Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Careful, your injuries are still rather serious. in the future i would recommend not inspecting potentially dangerous things without backup


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix lets out a breath she wasn't aware she'd been holding as the doll collapses, cracked and burnt. As Ashleigh starts to cast her healing spell, Callix retrieves her thrown axe and quickly looks around to make sure that there are no other threats.

"We did. I followed your lead," she says to Letitia, then nods and adds more gently, "They have, and so have you."

She steps back from the witch, giving her space, then looks back up at the cottage, and gives voice to her earlier thought, "I used to wonder how dozens of dolls could drive my mother away, but I understand now.... " Her voice trails off and she draws the wand of healing, "I know I can use some healing, how are the rest of you?"

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

As the magic washes away the effects of the supernatural frost, she looks back up at the cottage, "I think we need to destroy, or disenchant -- ruin -- this thing. We can't leave it... Letitia, do you have any ideas?"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia watches the cabin on legs for signs of movement, but concludes that it hasn't been enchanted yet like the doll had. Otherwise, they would all be dead, she guesses.

She looks at Callix. "Fire would work. Your axes might succeed in chopping it down like a tree, but I don't know how long that would take."

Ashling's admonishment elicits a raised eyebrow, but a pithy comment dies on her tongue as the pain of her injuries remind her of her foolish action. "All right," she says simply.

When healing is offered, she readily accepts.

Cure light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


RoW Maps

Letitia is not able to determine exactly how much this gem might be worth, but it has a faint necromancy aura to it. Letitia knows the gem is a sapphire and is likey valuable.

the hut is not radiating any magic right now, and could be burned down or the 4 tree trunk legs could be chopped down.

when you're ready to move on, just describe moving out


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel answers Letitia by offering his hand to help her stand up "Basically your fire did. The damned thing was so small and moving so fast I was unable to put a single bullet on it..."

While the group heals up and decides what to do next the Sentinel explores the hut and raises up his voice "We can better fire the hut. It will be faster than chopping down the tree without appropriate tools"
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods, "I agree, it will be faster and make less noise. Plus, the snow should stop the fire from spreading into the forest. Still, then, I'm thinking we should see what's inside before we put it to the torch."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

i agree will Callix, we should investigate inside first


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

the hut is very small, only a single room with a ceiling that is uncomfortably low for an average-sized human. inside, the single room is entirely bare, it appears that the hut was designed more as a marker than as a functional home or defensive emplacement.

the wooden walls and roof light easily once some kindling is placed in one of the corners of the room. within minutes the hut is ablaze.

from here, the trail continues through a narrow pass, descending south and east into an icy valley. a pattern of lines has been scratched into the fresh snow at the edge of the clearing.

upon closer inspection, the lines are words written in common. though the handwriting is imprecise and some of the letters are obstructed by newer snow, you are able to read:

"Turn back before the winter devours you"


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel chews some licorice while the group examines the letters "Turn back... like if that was at all possible right now..."

The Sentinel checks up his musket and makes sure it is loaded "Well... whatever it is that tries to devour us, be sure it will not expect to find us this hot and fiery"

With a sudden smile and greater determination, Samuel inspects there are no more traps around and keeps moving into the clearing.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec was fuming as he stalked off to fetch his spear. The anger was slowly leaving him, like the steam whistling out of a kettle just removed from the fire. His boots stomped across the snow as the anger was replaced with embarrassment. He couldn't even climb a simple mound of snow that others had danced up with ease. He fumed even more.

With his spear in his hand, he turned and walked back to join the others. He could hear his father's words now. "A woodsman with no axe?"

He did have an axe, but his small hand axe was used for branches and kindling. It wouldn't be very effective against the wooden house, even if it wasn't the thickest wood. His head finally raised and he looked at the others directly.

"I...I am sorry I was not able to make it up the bank fast enough. My clumsiness almost cost you your life. It won't happen again" he said, looking at Letitia.

Upon seeing the ominous words in the snow, he offered "a warning...,or a threat?"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia stays quiet and reflective while the cabin is inspected and then set ablaze. She remains that way, giving Alec a small nod in appreciation to his apology and promise, but she doesn't say anything.

When they find the pattern of words cut into the ice and snow, she looks at Alec. "Both, I assume."

Casting detect magic to look for magical auras in the snow and around the words


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix chuckles, adding dryly, "I was just going to answer 'Yes'. ". She then sighs as she hears her mother's voice admonishing her for taking all of this lightly, I know, I know, I should have listened. If we survive all this, I'll apologize.., and says, "My mother would say that the Witches would actually call it a promise."


RoW Maps

Perception Samuel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Letitia detects a faint aura coming from the general area of the message written in the snow, but Samuel does not spot any traps in the area.

I moved Letitia and Samuel over to the other side of the clearing and marked where the message is written.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Im betting this means we are following the correct path
Whatevers causing this likely doesnt want anyone investigating. Hence the threat


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"So...onward then?" Alec asked as he took a few steps forward. He paused and turned around to ask "what about the girl?"


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Observing better the positioning of the message in the middle of the path going out of the hut's clearing, Samuel stops just in front of the message and looks at Letitia "Well, tell me superstitious, but I am not stepping over that writing anyway. Let's take a small detour through the forest"

That said, the Sentinel draws Yulin's cold iron longsword and starts opening a path through the bushes to join the main road some meters further away instead of through the written message.
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"There is faint magic to the writing. Perhaps if I can have a moment?"

Letitia continues to study the aura to ascertain its type.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28+1 if it's cold magic


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

The girl is likely in danger, something was off about her. by know tracking her would be rather difficult


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"What girl? You mean the girl who was likely killed and her soul used to animate the doll that nearly killed me? That girl?" Letitia asks without taking her eyes from the magical aura.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

No, the girl that ran away, the one that wanted nothing to do with the doll period. She reacted to me when i tried to stop her.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix says, "She seemed alive when we saw her, but I know nothing of the magic that makes those abominations -- it might have been killing her, and she certainly didn't seem quite.. right. Either way, taking a few seconds for Letitia to study the magic and learn more is probably the best approach." Spoiled wine, I'm taking the witch's side..


RoW Maps

Letitia takes a few moments to study the magic closer. she is able to determine that the magic is coming from a rune partially hidden under the snow, which is showing an aura of abjuration magic. With her arcane knowledge and experience with cold magic, Letitia identifies the spell as a Glyph of Warding, set to detonate with a blast of cold damage should someone pass within the range without speaking a password.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"It's a magical trap. Whoever tries to pass without the pass phrase will set off a blast of intense cold," Letitia announces once she figures out the magical auras.

Shaking her head, she eyes the steep slopes on either side of the trap. "This was well-placed."

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

651 to 700 of 1,540 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.