Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


701 to 750 of 1,540 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel gets out of the bushes after listening Letitia "Brrr... My hate for those cold creatures is just increasing." he makes a sign for the others to approach "Come on! Let's cross through the forest, I doubt they have guarded the whole immensity of the place"

With that said, the Sentinel goes into the bushes once more cutting them apart to open a passage for the whole group.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Having spotted the glyph, it was a pretty simple matter to go around it through the woods. The snow is getting deeper in this part of the woods, and according to the map you are very close to the winter portal. Even the path you are following is now difficult terrain, and areas off of a path reduce movement to 1/4 speed. snow is blowing in the air and still falling in this area, giving everything concealment against ranged attacks, increasing to total concealment at ranges greater than 20ft.

GM rolls:

Perception Callix: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception Ashling: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Perception Letitia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Perception Lazlo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Perception Alec: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception Samuel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
creature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Initiative creature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

As you make your way through the snow, Letitia makes out a large shape moving quickly to intercept your path. She is barely able to react as a giant weasel comes barreling out of the underbrush.

Surprise Round Letitia, Weasel
the weasel charges at Callix, snapping its jaws at her Surprise round action to move next to Callix. difficult terrain keeps it from charging during the surprise round so i is just sitting there.

Round 1. Bold may act:
Callix, Letitia, Alec,
Weasel, Samuel, Aisling

Letitia, go ahead and post both a surprise round action and a full round for round 1


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia had been thinking with growing bitterness about how she had fought the guardian doll. She remembered hearing somewhere that the souls animating the objects made them susceptible to mind-affecting attacks, something of a specialty of hers. Yet when she had the doll in her hands, she tries to throw it towards the warriors rather than try to hex it. She was fortunate she still lived.

That self-recrimination was running through her mind when she saw a shape beneath the snow. Alerted to the giant weasel, she immediately targets it with her Evil Eye hex, stripping away its defenses. Then she follows up with a Slumber hex before it can start to tear into her companions.

Evil Eye, Will DC 15. All saves are -2 for one round if it saves, and seven rounds if it doesn't. Then, Slumber hex, Will DC 15 (with penalty) or it falls asleep for two rounds.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Would Callix know to delay to see if Letitia succeeds, or should she just act?


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

I'd say just attack it. It's hexed at the point you get to act, but that won't affect anything unless you hit it with something that it'll have to save against.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Fair enough. Was thinking I might want to wait for a CdG

Callix whispers a quick prayer to the Drunken Hero to help her move in the snow, then uses her divine mobility to try to tumble around the weasel, drawing her axe as she does, and striking at the beast's back.

Swift to activate travel blessing, move to get around weasel, with acrobatics (failed) attempt to avoid AoO, and attack.

Acrobatics (Avoid AoO): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Yeah, not so much.

Throwing Axe (melee): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Don't get flanking yet as Ashleigh hasn't acted for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

It's never good for the other team when the witch gets to go twice to kick off a combat!

Will save vs Evil Eye: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Will save vs Slumber: 1d20 ⇒ 17

though it doesn't leave any outward sign, Letitia can tell her hex worked to bring a measure of bad luck to the large rodent. She tries to get a second hex in, but the creature blinks its eyes and shakes its head but otherwise does not seem affected by the slumber hex.

Callix moves to get around the weasel in a flanking position, but is unable to avoid getting snapped at.

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Luckily Callix is able to slip just past the snapping jaws of the weasel and sets up a flank with Aisling. Unfortunately the creature doesn't see Aisling as a threat yet, and focuses on Callix, whose axe fails to draw blood.

I am going to give Alec a little more time to post before doing the Weasel's actions, but with the hexes and the AoO I figured it was best to go ahead and get the rolls in there.

Alec may act

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: Heavy Snow |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 17/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 16/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 12/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Giant White Weasel HP:??? | AC: ??? | Status: Evil eye (7)


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec tossed the spear into the air just enough to reverse his grip, flipping his wrist around. He quickly grabbed the spear out of the air before hurling at the giantic weasel.

Shortspear throw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal
Alec Fuornkiln wrote:

Alec tossed the spear into the air just enough to reverse his grip, flipping his wrist around. He quickly grabbed the spear out of the air before hurling at the giantic weasel.

[dice=Shortspear throw] 1d20+5

I misread that I only had a surprise round action.

Seeing his spear pass wide of the mark, Alec stomped through the snow to close ground with the massive weasel, drawing his falcata as he went.


RoW Maps

The giant weasel continues to focus on its original prey, ignoring the others that have not yet been able to hurt it. it quickly strikes at Callix with two claws.

claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

confirm crit??: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Callix takes a total of 24 damage! ouch...

the claws cut deep into Callix through her light leather armor, and she falls to the snowy ground, blood staining the white snow.

the creature then spins around at tries to bite at Aisling

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Luckily the creature is not able to get its teeth through Aisling's armor.

Bold may act:
Samuel, Aisling, Callix, Letitia, Alec, Weasel

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: Heavy snow |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: -7/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status: bleeding out
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 16/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 12/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Giant White Weasel HP:??? | AC: ??? | Status: Evil eye (7)


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashlings eyes light up blood... she starts giggling like mad, oddly she keeps her form dancing through the snow completely unbothered She swings her scimitar

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"It's just a savage beast, it does not understand what's happening, just let her aside and run!" but when the creature rakes over Callix, Samuel's expression gets tough "Damn it!" the man wades through the snow looking for a clear shot, and cleaning the falling snow from his eyes, he takes quick aim and shots at touch distance!
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Snow falling misschance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 69

HP 20/20 | AC 18 TAC 15
Bullets: 28


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Another fallen companion and again Alex was slow to react. His eyes almost seemed to gloss over as he continued to strike forward. His blade sliced through both air and fur alike.

Falcata: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Falcata, CONFIRM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Slashing damage if CONFIRMED: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 7) + 6 = 21


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Frustrated that the beast threw off her most powerful hex, Letitia moves in the snow to try to get around it, but also hexes it again, this time stripping away its offense.

Will save, DC 15. If it saves, -2 to attacks for 1 round; 7 rounds if it fails.

GM, you posted earlier that there's 20% concealment. Does that not apply to the weasel?


RoW Maps

@Letitia: the miss chance is only for ranged attacks with the falling snow.

Alec makes his way to the animal and hits it with a slash from his falcata, drawing blood.

Ashling is not able to cut through the creature's touch hide as her blow bounces off.

Samuel's musket booms and blood flows from a new wound on the weasel's flank.

will save: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Letitia is again able to affect the creature with her hex, distracting it from its attacks
Can a creature be affected by multiple Evil Eye hexes at the same time, or does this replace the original hex?

taking several wounds from behind, the Weasel turns away from the injured Callix and slashes out at the two that are swinging swords at it.

bite @Aisling: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10Ashling takes 10 damage and is bleeding for 1d4 damage on her turn

claw @Alec: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Alec takes 9 damage
claw @Alec: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 2 = 9

bold may act:
Callix, Ashling, Letitia, Samuel, Alec

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: Heavy snow |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: -7/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status: bleeding out
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 7/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 2/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Giant White Weasel HP: -19 | AC: 25/16 | Status: Evil eye (to hit, saves) (7)


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Looks like I'll keep bleeding


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Unconcious from bleed


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

You're not unconscious, you're at zero and staggered. That lets me do this:

Letitia gasps in exasperation as her hex seemingly did nothing to stop the beast's vicious attacks. She stops herself from moving around the weasel to help Callix because of Ashling's grievous wound.

She steps next to her and casts a spell of healing.

Cure light: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Now you can act.

DM:

No, I've never seen that ruling. Evil Eye is the lone hex that isn't restricted to once per person per day. My understanding is, you can keep hexing a target with various applications of Evil Eye. They don't stack, but you can target saves, then attacks, then skill checks, AC, etc.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

oh my God, thats so much better thank you :)

5 foot step away and cast Cure light wounds on myself

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Not being in the best Condition Ashling takes a Step back to fully heal herself before readying to jump back into the fray


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel grimaces in pain as the weasel almost tears down his group "You stubborn bloody weasel! We are not food! Turn back and leave out our friends before someone gets dead here!!!"

The Sentinel curses the weasel like giving her an ultimatum while he wades with great effort through the snow and around the tree while loading his musket with powder and a new metal bullet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Falcata, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6
Shield bash, two weapon fighting: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23
Bludgeoning damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Shield bash, two weapon fighting, CONFIRM: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22
Bludgeoning damage IF CONFIRMED: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The weasel's enormous claw opened a gash along Alec's forearm and left it very weak. He could barely hold onto his sword as he swung the blade feebly. With his healthy arm, he smashed the face of his shield into the weasel, hoping to send it running.


RoW Maps

most of the group backs off to heal their wounds and reload, but Alec steps up bravely and smashes the best right in the nose with his shield. the beast lets out an angry screech Or whatever sound a weasel makes....

With one more angry look at Alec it turns and runs through the snow down the path in the direction of the hut.

The creature has had enough and decides that you are not an easy meal after all. it withdraws and moves 40 feet down the path. if anyone wants to you might be able to hit it with one more ranged attack before it escapes into the woods, otherwise the combat is ended

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: Heavy snow |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: -8/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status: bleeding out
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 7/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 16/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Giant White Weasel HP:-23 | AC: 22/16 | Status: Evil eye saves (5), evil eye attacks (6)


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling looks briefly likes she's about to chase after it. With her speed it's likely she could catch up. The bright purple glow in her eyes dies, turning dull again. She goes to cast her last healing spell on Callix. She sheathes her blade briefly and walks over, trying to calm herself

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel aims at the weasel, following it in its escape through the snow. The Sentinel tests his trigger and visualizes how it would be to bring it down.

Curious about how it would had been...:

Musket (precise shot): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage: 1d12 ⇒ 9
Total cover through snow 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 80

But ultimately the man pulls back the musket and relaxes his position letting the animal leave without further challenge "Run... run... old white weasel... perhaps we will see our faces again... next time you attack us I will not give you another chance"

Kneeling next to Callix, Samuel helps stabilize the woman while waiting for healing.
Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
"The Old White has made us pay an expensive toll for our lives... perhaps it is better if we look for a place to recover and pass the night, and with a bit of luck... the snow storm" the Taldan nods to Alec "Your shield has been a blessing to us today bro. I am happy you decided to come with us in this crazy search"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia sighs with relief as the giant weasel retreats. She makes a move toward Callix, but Ashling reaches her first and applies a spell of healing to keep her from dying.

That lets Letitia withdraw from the group. She moves under a snow-covered bough and sinks to her knees. While her spell of healing worked to keep Ashling from bleeding out, her hexes were worthless against the beast. The mindless beast thwarted me. It ignored my hexes, didn't fall asleep, and continued to rip into the others until they drove it away.

Her self-flagellation is interrupted when Samuel begins talking about passing the night. She grits her teeth in frustration. Again these southerners talk of delays and dalliances. She'd used one spell of her limited magics, and they were talking about resting for a night.

Rising smoothly, Letitia rejoins the others. "Why do you seek to rest, when we have the wand that can remove all of the beast's marks? We still have plenty of summer's daylight. What possible good could come of staying in one place and letting more--" Letitia cuts herself off; having made this argument before.

She waves a dismissive hand at them. "Do as you will."


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Wooo-hooo!" Samuel raises his arms with the musket hanging from the right one "You are a brave one! You know. I am not the one who will stay back from our hunt. But look at them" the Sentinel points with his head at the teared in blood Callix and Alec.

Samuel can certainly continue the pursue asap.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

need... to breathe..the blood is gone, no more screams regaining control Ashling closes her eyes briefly, the mad look and tone fade. her voice growing cold again, Everything is chance, The beast was lucky, that is all. this could have gone far worse.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"You think we should continue forward? Well, if someone can take care of this wound, I'm game."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods weakly at the witch's comment as she digs out the very wand mentioned, "I think Letitia is right - we should press on, at least long enough to see what we're up against before deciding to hole up. Though if anyone can think of a way to success that weasel on the invaders, I'll buy their beer for a year."

CLW (wand): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW (wand): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW (wand): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW (wand): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

I need the first three charges to get back to full health.

Alec offered Callix his hand as she came to. "Allow me Miss.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel smiles at Callix quip "Yeah! I would love to see that done too..."

Seeing the group wounds are magically healed the Sentinel seems relieved "Ok Alec. It seems we are as tough as that Old White weasel. Let's press on bro"

Samuel keeps her pursue through the snow looking to find the location marked into the map. He tries to self-orientate himself, while holding his position just behind Alec. Although I think he would be better at the rear just before Letitia in the march order, but I understand it makes sense for him to lead in front while in the forest


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling gets up, and starts walking, taking the front position. it's an Animal, luring it would take time and energy, it's not difficult though just not worth it.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia quirks a half-smile at Callix's idea of sending the weasel against their enemies, but says nothing. She falls into formation, relieved that the group has decided to continue onward. Lazlo swoops back in from the safety of the nearby branch he had taken roost in, and lands on her shoulder.

His wide-eyed gaze bores into her, and she feels a little better.


RoW Maps

The group quickly binds their wounds from the angry animal encounter and pushes forward.
Good choice! especially since there was a night-time ambush scripted this close to the portal if you decided to sleep it off!

from the map, Samuel knows the portal is very close now. the closer you get, the worse the snow storm gets. snow is blowing all around, and the ground cover is increasing to 3 or 4 feet in some places. there are no more signs of tracks (human or otherwise) with the heavy snow obliterating any signs of passing.

after what feels like hours, Alec spots what looks like a small building or tent up ahead through the snow. Samuel double-checks the map and sees that the portal should be right here somewhere!

the visibility continues to be terrible. beyond 20 feet you cannot see anything. anything past 5 feet has concealment. all squares are difficult terrain.

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 17/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 16/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
???


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Try to stay close to me! And keep an eye out on our flank... we need to get out of this weather! She shouts aloud, over the roaring ice storm


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"A tent you say? There in front of us, somewhere around this damned snow storm is the portal we are looking for!" Samuel has to shout to make his voice audible in the strong storm.

With a bit of effort he also advances, makes sure the musket is loaded, and attempts to cover his head with one of his hands, protecting his eyes from the falling flocks. He reaches the first tent and looks for an entrance trying to carefully look for dangers before going in.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia clutches at the clasp of her ice-blue cloak as the hem whips furiously in the snowstorm. While the cold doesn't bother her, the wind and the poor visibility sets her on edge.

Feeling her anxiousness, Lazlo hoots softly in her ear and stays huddled on her shoulder, his head turning this way and that as he peers into the snow.

Letitia Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Lazlo Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


RoW Maps

Perception Callix: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception Ashling: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Perception Alec: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Initiative Hommelstaub: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

now that they are closer, Samuel and Ashling can see that the structure they saw ahead was in fact an igloo, rather than a tent. From where they are they can see 3 igloos in this clearing.

Samuel spots (for the first time in a few hours) some tracks in the snow. these tracks are well-packed and larger than a human, leading back and forth from the northeast to the west.

Lazlo hoots a warning and Letitia looks up in time to see another tiny fey Atomie flitting around in the snow. she calls out a warning, but not before the little fairy throws a thunderstone against the ice of the igloo to the east. it hits with a loud bang, not unlike a certain musket.

Fortitude Ashling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Fortitude Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Samuel is somewhat used to very loud banging noises near his head and is not distracted by the sound at all. Ashling is not so lucky, and hears nothing but a loud ringing in her ears (Ashling is deafened for 1 hour).

Bold may act:
Surprise Round: Letitia

Round 1: Alec, Samuel, Ashling, Callix, Atomie, Letitia

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 17/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 16/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened

NPCs:
Atomie: HP: ??? | AC: ???


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"What kind of fey is this now? You small one! Stop throwing stuff at us! Where is the responsible of the storm?" Samuel shouts through the storm.

Assuming the creature will continue on its menacing attempts, the Sentinel empties the musket on it!
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
I assume no snow miss chance because Samuel is less than 5' away


RoW Maps

Do you still have cold iron musket balls, Samuel, or was that a regular shot?


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Surprise round

Being too far away for her to do anything useful Letitia moves several steps forward.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Oh, since talking is a free action (and I made a knowledge check about them earlier),

Letitia recognizes the type of fey as she gets closer. "It's an atomie! Like the one in the cage at the lodge! Beware its magical abilities, and use cold iron if you have it!"


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Last bullet was loaded during the weasel fight, thus I guess is a normal one GM


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

As he had done countless times before, Alec stalked forward and hurled his spear towards the tiny target.

Spear throw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling being quite unhappy with the deafening sound Charges the Atomie and attacks

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


RoW Maps

Samuel's bullet hits the atomie, but doesn't seem to leave any lasting wound. Alec misses, but Ashling is able to get a hit in. her slice doesn't do as much damage as it might against a normal creature, but she still draws blood.

Callix and Letitia move up to try to get in better position to be effective.

the Atomie turns invisible

two winter-touched sprites come out of the entrance to the igloo to the west. the first one fires a bow at Ashling
shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 60
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Fortitude Ashling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

the other one unleashes a crazy blast of sound and color that washes over Samuel, Alec and Callix
WIll Callix: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Will Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Will Samuel (+2 vs divinations): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Samuel is not ready for it, and the spell knocks him unconscious.
duration: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

bold may act:
Letitia, Samuel, Alec, Callix, Ashling

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 17/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status: unconscious
Ashling HP: 14/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened

NPCs:
Atomie: HP: -6 | AC: 21/16
Green Sprite: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Blue Sprite: HP: ??? | AC: ???


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Does the Atomie provoke an aoo for whatever ability turns it invisible? it's in my threatened range.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Ashling, I think you would, unless the Atomie 5' steps away -- in which case it wouldn't be able to move any further. SLA's provoke AoOs.

Letitia targets the farthest sprite with her Slumber hex, since that one hasn't used its color spray yet.

If it succumbs, Letitia shouts to Ashling, "That one will be asleep for only a few seconds! Kill it!"


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Stalking through the snow, Alec drew his cold iron falcata as he moved. Approaching the sprite closest to his now unconscious friend, he cut an arc through the air, aiming to take the head off of the tiny creature.

cold iron falcata: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

701 to 750 of 1,540 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.