Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


151 to 200 of 1,517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia's ice-blue eyes regard Baradim as he walks past her. Her snowy owl flies from nearby and lands on her shoulder. She exchanges a look with the bird of prey, then falls in behind the orc druid.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra snorts. I'm not sure how pleasant dragon meat is to eat... Might be hard and tacky. Reptiles usually are she looks at Baradim "Yes, and tonight we dine on Tatzlwyrm." she laughs. "you all will be the one to taste test the meat before I sell it to the butcher."

With a great heave she lifts the corpse abover her head and shoulders it. "let's move, I may be big but so is this thing...


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
"Ok. I think I know a small cave protected by a tree line here close where we could take shelter for some hours" Samuel observes attentively as Letitia takes some parts of the Tatzlwyrm "So we took a dragon then! This is becoming a real adventure, like those of the tales"

Once the group finds shelter and a small fire is light, Samuel retrieves his healing kit, and while Letitia prepares her concoctions, he cleans his wounds and applies some bandages to treat his deadly wounds.
Heal (treat deadly wounds): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 +3 hp

"You are still damaged by the dragon, isn't it Baradim. If you let me, I can try to clean your wounds as I did with mine" if the half-orc is agreeable with the process, Samuel helps him also.
Heal (treat deadly wounds): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 +3 hp

By when he finishes, 2 hours have passed, and Letitia has had time for her potions.

HP 4/11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia builds a little fire away from the group, so in order for them to watch they'll have to obviously leave the temporary shelter.

She throws the dragon's tongue into the fire, then sets her cauldron atop the fire. She scoops up some snow and fills the pot as she starts chanting softly. She weaves her hands over the fire as her eyes roll back in her head. She sways, continuing to chant and gesture, rising to a crescendo. The small flame rises up, briefly engulfing the cauldron and turning an otherworldly blue.

She stops chanting for a moment and goes over to the mouth of the cave where she breaks off two icicles. She produces the tatzlwyrm's eyes and skewers them on the points of the icicles, then shoves them into the fire as if they were additional logs. The fire changes hue, flickering blues and greens.

Letitia resumes chanting and gesturing over the bubbling cauldron for some time, every so often drawing some ingredient from a pouch and tossing it into the mixture.

Finally, she appears satisfied with it and sits down. She tends it for the remaining time necessary for the potion to coalesce. By the time Samuel is finished tending to the wounded via mundane means, she shows up with a small flask of ice-blue liquid.

"It's done," she says, her matching eyes glittering.


RoW Maps

Samuel's knowledge of the forest leads the group to a safe cave near the edge of the woods.

Samuel:
Even with the snow, you know the path that you have been following quite well. it is one of the major game trails leading through the forest, and you know that if you follow it further you will eventually pass right by the High Sentinal Lodge where you and your companions have made a headquarters in the Border Wood.

You will have no trouble getting your party back to the trail once everyone is rested and healed.

Once everyone is set, you head back out into the snowy landscape.

GM:
GM roll: 1d100 ⇒ 34
Perception Greadra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception Baradim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Perception Snowpaw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Perception Letitia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Perception Alec: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception Samuel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

not far from the cave, Leticia and Alec notice that feathered bundles and strange fetishes hang from the lowest branches of the trees in this part of the forest, swaying and shifting in the wind. All are stuck through with small pins holding pieces of leather bound around them.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia frowns at the sight of the little fetishes, and considers their possible meaning.
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 (+1 if it involves cold magic)

"Hold up a moment, and stay alert," she murmurs while studying the objects without touching them.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

While he works in the wounds, Samuel observes at Letitia's potion crafting "I didn't know you would use all that kind of body parts for the curing liquids. I am fine if it just works. How did you learn all that crafting Letitia?"

As the potion is finished and presented Samuel nods and smiles "Keep it save with you. It is our last hope if we are in a bad situation where one of us falls again. The wound hurts much less now with proper bandages"

-------------------------------------------

Once back into the path the Sentinel checks out the trail and its direction "Mmmm... it seems they are following an old known path of the forest. This is one of the major game trails leading through the forest. I am familiar with the trail. Some miles deeper into the forest we should pass right by the High Sentinels Lodge. We can stop there to rest and supply, and perhaps they have seen this necromancer or even hunted him." Samuel's mood cheers "Perhaps my sister Ariadna is back there, or at least we might find news from the Lady Argentea"

-------------------------------------------

The Taldan stops and readies his musket, avoiding his injured shoulder to take aim "What is it Letitia? What have you spotted?"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra leads thw group with her spear drawn. Got it... she says, takimg her minor aspect and smelling thw air,
Perception (+Scent): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15-4 from snow,

Greadra Huffs, squinting past thw blindong snow but to no avail. Gah! I hate the cold! whe huffs.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2
Samuel Soulkeeper wrote:

While he works in the wounds, Samuel observes at Letitia's potion crafting "I didn't know you would use all that kind of body parts for the curing liquids. I am fine if it just works. How did you learn all that crafting Letitia?"

As the potion is finished and presented Samuel nods and smiles "Keep it save with you. It is our last hope if we are in a bad situation where one of us falls again. The wound hurts much less now with proper bandages"

Letitia looks at Samuel evenly, her eyebrow twitching. "It's a... family tradition. And I just used the body parts for the flame. Try to use a normal fire in potion making and you just get soup. And not very good-tasting soup, either," she adds with a wry grin.

She looks at the vial of liquid that Samuel has refused to take. She studies his face for a moment, then shrugs and places it into one of her belt pouches. "Very well. But let's hope it doesn't come to that."

I'll respond to your other question once I know what I'm seeing.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Ever since leaving the cave, Alec walked with more spring in his step. Truth be told he enjoyed walking in the cold. It was somewhat invigorating. He tried to push the thoughts of his father from his head, and the banter between the others helped with that. He found himself listening in, but not really contributing and with his mind on the world around him he noticed the hanging fetishes right away.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"I don't think I've seen anything like these before" he said aloud, mostly to himself.


RoW Maps

Letitia and Alec move closer to the fetishes to check them out while the others guard their backs. Alec isn't able to make out what they are at first, but Letitia quickly identifies the "fetishes" as dead crows.

Letitia:

You almost immediately pull back in revulsion, as the people of Irrisen have a deep-seated hatred of crows. these crows look like they have been killed in brutal manner, and have been hung as an example. this is another instance of something that would be common up north, but not so much here in the south.

As you look at the crows, you notice they have been pierced by tiny needles much like the ones on some of the corpses in the caravan site. they have been hung from the trees by leather straps tied around their feet.

GM rolls:

Perception Greadra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Perception Baradim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception Snowpaw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception Letitia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Perception Alec: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception Samuel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

1.l: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
2.a: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
3.b: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

3d20 ⇒ (5, 12, 3) = 20

As you are studying the dead birds, Baradim, Letitia and Alec each feel a sharp stinging sensation on their neck or arm. you look down and see a needle piercing your skin and feel an icy cold sensation spreading from the tip of the needle

Fortitude Baradim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Fortitude Letitia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Fortitude Alec: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

None of you feel any further effect, but each take 1 point of damage.

Everyone but Alec and Greadra are able to spot movement of 3 tiny creatures trying to dart back into cover after firing off their miniature bows. Snowpaw is aware of the red and green ones but not the yellow one.

DC 16 knowledge nature:

These tiny creatures are sprites, diminutive fey creatures that are not particularly strong but have a variety of spell-like abilities. perhaps these are the 'winter-touched' fey that Yulin warned you about?

Initiative:

Initiative Greadra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative Baradim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Initiative enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

End Surprise Round, Bold may act in round 1:

Greadra, Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,
enemies

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:
Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Baradim HP: 9/10 - AC: 16/12/14 Status:
Snowpaw HP: 18/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status:
Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 11/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 4/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:
Red Enemy: HP:??? | AC:??? | Status:
Green Enemy: HP:??? | AC:??? | Status:
Yellow Enemy: HP:??? | AC:??? | Status:


| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

Kn: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The tiny needle buries itself in Baradim's arms and he turns towards the creatures that go into hiding behind the trees. A coldness resonates through his body and he jyst so happens to fight it off before whatever it was takes control of his faculties.

"Crafty devils! These must be some of the beasts! Let us move quickly now!" Baradim begins to move quickly. His falchion raises in the air, trying to cut down the small fey creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10

Cursing as the small creature dodges his attack, he calls for Snowpaw to come and attack the other flying beast. Snowpaw moves quickly and viciously, moving to try and slay the flying figure.

Bite + Charge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Still though, the flying figure ducked out of the snapping jaws of the tiger.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra Gro and looks around,
She holds up he sheild and moves over next to Letitia, taking a defensive stance.
By the gods this confounded SNOW! she yells. White-hair if you can kill these confounding sprites, DO IT! I got you covered.
She moves to defend the witch from any incoming attacks
Taking a aid another to boost your AC by 2 I Believe. Keeping the soft one safe


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"It's true!" recognizing the fey of the tales when Baradim points them out, Samuel raises his msuket to defend the group after it has been attacked "They are not friendly that pack"

Triggering his weapon from close distance the bullet flies fast to the fey in the green clothing, profiting his clear line of sight.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Once fired, Samuel moves back to the protection of the group.

HP 4/11; AC 17/14/13


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"Crows," Letitia hisses as she steps back in revulsion. She scowls in disgust at the dead birds, but can't help feel a deep sense of unease about how they were displayed. This is the work of someone from Irrisen.

She is checking to make sure her crossbow is loaded when she feels the sharp jab and icy sensation.

"What are--?" she starts as she catches a glimpse of the enemies.
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

With combat around her, her mind fails to work quickly.

As Greadra moves up to defend her, Letitia pulls out a flask of swirling orange liquid and quickly gulps it down. A field of force shimmers once and then fades from sight.

Drinking potion of mage armor. AC now 16 (18 with Greadra's assistance).


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec hustled forward, his legs driving him through the deep snow as if it was short grass. He raised his spear as he went and readied to hurl it at the tiny target but thought better of it. As this range, he might have better luck throwing his shield at it. Instead he hunkered down, raised his shield and interposed himself between Samuel and the creature.


Move 20 ft to current map position.
Total defense action

AC: 21

Cone Honed alternate racial trait:

Cold-Honed - Move through natural snow and ice at their normal speed and gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves to avoid nonlethal damage from cold environments.


RoW Maps

The party quickly responds to the ambush of tiny creatures, either unning up to engage or taking up defensive positions. Baradim and Snowpaw both swing at the flying creatures, but are too slow to catch them.

Samuel fires off another thunderous blast from his musket, but the poor visibility of the snow makes his shot go just wide. Even against touch AC, it wasn't quite enough

Letitia drinks a potion for a measure of protection, and Greadra tries to shield the smaller woman from harm. Alec moves towards the two women as well, shield up and ready.

The yellow sprite flits away from Baradim, moving into the branches of a nearby tree Withdraw action, then fly 10 feet into the air

The red sprite stabs at Snowpaw with a tiny dagger that looks more like a long needle

short sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Fortitude Snowpaw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Snowpaw takes 1 point of damage, but is able to shrug off the cold effects of the weapon.

The green sprite gestures with one tiny hand, and a crazy band of rainbow colors flies out in a cone, washing over Greadra and Leticia.

WIll Greadra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Will Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Greadra grits her teeth through it, but Letitia is overcome and falls unconscious!

Color spray:
The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

Bold may act:
Greadra, Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,

Sprites

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:

Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Baradim HP: 9/10 - AC: 16/12/14 Status:

Snowpaw HP: 18/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status:

Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor, unconscious

Alec HP: 11/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Samuel HP: 4/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:

Red sprite: HP:??? | AC:??? | Status:

Green sprite: HP:??? | AC:??? | Status:

Yellow sprite: HP:??? | AC:??? | Status:


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia slumps down in the snow.

3d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 1 = 7
Unconscious for 4, blind and stunned for 1, and stunned for 1


| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

The one moves away from Baradim, flying up into the tree and it brings a low growl from the half-orc. "Cursed flying little blue things! I'll get that one later." Ignoring it, Baradim moves and sees the wash of colors spray over Alec and Letitia. the Wolf-chosen seems okay but the other woman slumps down to the ground unconscious. "This is a bad sign, spirits, a bad sign indeed."

Baradim quickly moves up to the other one that is still in range of his pet, the falchion cutting through the cold air as he swings.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8

Again though, the blade misses terribly and Baradim curses loudly in Orcish. Snowpaw lunges for the sprite, seeking to rip it apart.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Claw #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel observes frustrated how his aim fails "Little devils, they are smaller than the snow flocks!"

The Taldan clenches his teeth when Letitia falls to the ground taken by a strange mass of colorful strings "Your hellish tricks will not serve you once I got my bullet in your tiny heads!"

Understanding the fey will down one after the other as they did with Letitia, Samuel takes one of his specially prepared paper cartridges to rapid reload his musket at speed. Observing the one sitting in the tree far from the others range, Samuel opts to attack that one.
Musket-snowing (touch range, precise shot): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18 Snowing penalty included
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage: 1d12 ⇒ 11
Tree concealment 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 82

Rapid reload is a standard action but if I understood correctly loading a paper cartridge reduces this to a move action, am I right GM?
9/10 paper cartridges remaining

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra, Seeing the witch fall growls. You think a little light will stop me! with a furosious roar she charges the sprite and lunges with her spear.
Spear Charge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Her spear shoots forward, but it is incredibly difficult to hit a target so small with a weapon like hers. "Gods confounded!" she cries.

used a move action to get closer, Standard action to attack.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Plodding forward, one foot after another, Alec stalked the little blue creature. Slowly he closed ground with it, shield raised in defense and spear partially obscured behind it, read to strike. Once he was close enough, he struck.

Spear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


RoW Maps

Samuel quickly pops a new prepared cartridge into his musket and in the space of mere seconds is firing off another shot, this time it strikes true, spinning the little fey around, but not killing it.

yes, the alchemical cartridge makes loading a move action at this level

Snowpaw gets his claws and teeth into a second fairy, tearing pieces of its tiny armor and flesh.

Alec manages to pierce the third sprite, stabbing into its thigh.

You can all tell your attacks didn't do their full potential damage. If these are indeed the ones Yulin spoke of, cold iron will be needed to do more.

The sprite above snowpaw stabs again at the tiger with his tiny sword

short sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The sprite near Alec moves up into the air and fires his bow at Alec

bow: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13

The sprite hiding in the tree moves down slightly to fire off another colorful cone of energy over Baradim and Snowpaw.

Will Snowpaw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Will Baradim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

both the druid and his animal companion are too focused on the sprite they are attacking to see the spell coming, and both fall asleep

snowpaw durations: 2d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (4, 3) + (1) = 8
baradim durations: 2d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3, 3) + (4) = 10

Bold may act:
Greadra, Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,

Sprites

Ouch! rough round!

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:

Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Baradim HP: 9/10 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: unconcsious (6 rounds)

Snowpaw HP: 17/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status: unconcsious (7 rounds)

Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor, unconcsious (4 rounds remain)

Alec HP: 11/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Samuel HP: 4/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:

Red sprite: HP:-13? | AC:19 | Status:

Green sprite: HP:-7?| AC 17| Status:

Yellow sprite: HP:-11?| AC 18| Status:


| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

good luck guys!


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel smiles as he sees the diminutive fey hit by his bullet, but he curses when she survives apparently not that affected by his powder "Bloody creatures of the north! It seems Yulin was right, normal metal does not seem to damage them that much"

The Sentinel reloads his musket, then remembering about the Ulfen's sword Samuel moves over the snow until he is over the fallen Letitia. He draws the cold iron longsword as he moves holding his musket in the other hand like as a sort of not really effective shield.

Samuel looks down a second. The Taldan breaths relieved "I think Letitia is ok, just somehow passed out. Baradim is sure suffering from the same. Look Greadra, Alec, this is Yulin sword, take it to fight them. It's cold iron!"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra should over to Samuel. I don't have the skill to use that sword! she says before turning her spear around and throwing it at the green sprite
Thrown Spear: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0 however the frail spearhead breaks itself on the tree it hits nearby.

The spear was Obsidian, meaning it has the fragile quality and breaks on a natural 1


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"I also have a sling. Do you know how to use that one?" growls Samuel "Although I doubt the stones will damage them at all"

"They are diminutive and are armed with just a bow, perhaps just grappling them with a hand would be our best option!" shouts the man desperate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

I've just remembered I've got a class feature that could be useful.

While Letitia lies in the snow unconscious, her snowy owl quietly drops out of the white-frosted trees next to her. He hops next to her pack and shoves his head underneath the flap. He begins rummaging around inside until he finds a small tin.

That's probably all he can do this round.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Holding his ground, Alec reversed his grip on the spear and let it fly. It soared through the air like a bolt from a crossbow and embedded itself deeply into a tree. Cursing under his breath, he drew his falcata.

Spear throw, snow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4


RoW Maps

Likely distracted by their fallen companions, the party is unable to land any hits this round.

The yellow sprite fires his bow at Samuel, still hurting after being hit by the exotic musket

bow: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 4 = 6

The red sprite above snowpaw turns towards the still-standing big people, firing his bow at Samuel as well.

bow: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Fortitude Samuel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Samuel feels an unnatural cold spread into his blood from the tiny little needle that just impaled his arm. Samuel takes 1 damage, and is staggered for 1 round

The sprite near Alec fires another tiny arrow at him.

bow: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 4 = 18

Fortitude Alec: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Alec is also affected by the cold of the arrow this time. He takes 1 damage and is staggered for 1 round

Bold may act:
Greadra, Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,

Sprites

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:

Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Baradim HP: 9/10 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: unconcsious (5 rounds)

Snowpaw HP: 17/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status: unconcsious (6 rounds)

Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor, unconcsious (3 rounds remain)

Alec HP: 10/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status: staggered

Samuel HP: 3/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status: staggered

NPCs:

Red sprite: HP:-13? | AC:19 | Status:

Green sprite: HP:-7?| AC 17| Status:

Yellow sprite: HP:-11?| AC 18| Status:


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Lazlo puts both his taloned feet into the black paste that is within the small container. He then flies up into the branches where he practically disappears.

Stealth (snowy conditions): 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 4 = 30


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel almost has no need to dodge the first incoming arrow, when he notices something flies over at his back. He is near to bash the creature with the sword when he does understand this is the owl that has been following Letitia.

When he turns a small arrow lodges in his right arm. The coldness suddenly takes all his right side of the body, impossible to approach the creatures "Damn it!"

Realizing his musket is still at hand, the Sentinel lets free the sword lodging it into the snow, and takes aim very fast with his left while he makes an effort to trigger with his staggered right arm. The bullet flies towards the yellow clothed fey in the tree once more.
Musket+PB-snowing (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 17
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Tree concealment 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 56

Free: free sword
Standard: shot
HP 3/11; AC 17/14/13
Bullets: 37

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra Growls, Now empty handed she moves with a determined grunt she moves over to Baradim's unconscious body and swipes at the red sprite with her claws. Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
She growls and snaps at the Fey
I'll tear you to shreds! she says.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

The pain crept up his leg and into his body. It was colder than anything he had ever felt before. He tried to push forward, to close the ground with the little blue menace, but his legs felt slow, sluggish. Instead he used his sword arm to help prop up the shield. He ducked his head down low behind the top of the shield, his falcata sticking out from underneath the bottom of the shield. With few options in front of him, he gritted his teeth and tried to shake off the cold.

Total Defense

AC: 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Samuel's aim is good, even with the limitation to his movement. the bullet mortally wounds the sprite, who falls from the air.

The red sprite stabs its short sword at Greadra

bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The final sprite fires again at Alec.

bow: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 4 = 7

Bold may act:
Greadra, Baradim, Letitia, Alec, Samuel,

Sprites

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker

Global Condition: None |

Global Condition:

Greadra HP: 12/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Baradim HP: 9/10 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: unconcsious (5 rounds)

Snowpaw HP: 17/18 - AC: 16/14/12 Status: unconcsious (6 rounds)

Letitia: HP: 7/8 - AC: 16/12/14 Status: mage armor, unconcsious (3 rounds remain)

Alec HP: 10/12 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:

Samuel HP: 3/11 - AC: 17/14/13 Status:

NPCs:

Red sprite: HP:-13? | AC:19 | Status:

Green sprite: HP:-7?| AC 17| Status:

Yellow sprite: HP:-16?| AC 18| Status: dead


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Without time to think Samuel reloads his musket once more, satisfied the fey are not that immune to his bullets after all.

"Alec we need you here friend! Draw your falcata!" the Taldan attempts to make the ranger react before it is too late.

He then picks up the cold iron sword once more while still holding his musket in the other hand.

Standard: rapid reload; Move: pick up object
HP 3/11; AC 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Lazlo drops out of the white branches on top of the green sprite, talons extended.

Melee vs flat-footed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Melee vs flat-footed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage (cold iron): 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec exploded up and out of his stance, using the momentum to propel himself up onto the rock between him and the little flying bowmen. His blade arched high and came down in a long swooping arc aiming to cleave the creature in two.

climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Falcata: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra, Having moved over bardim for a reason, Grabs the druid's Falshon and drops her shield. With a roar she swings the two handed weapon at the tiny red sprite Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
But her luck has run short, and without her shield she's more exposed.
So, I used a move action to grab thw weapon from thw ground, assuming Baradim doesn't mind. Then a standard to attack with it. I obviously missed however... I may have a full attack, but the reason I choose a Scimitar over a Greataxe or a sythe is that I have claws and can make two attacks if I don't use a shield. I may be able to deal more damage with the Falshon, but overall I only can swing once...


RoW Maps

The combined attacks of Alec and Lazlo are enough to finish off the green sprite.

Seeing the other sprites down, and sensing the cold iron in the hands of the warrior woman, the final sprite decides it's time to leave.

with a flutter of its wings, it starts to give off a bright light that obscures its features. suddenly there are 5 lights that are difficult to tell apart. each one zips off in a different direction.

If you wish to try to prevent the sprite from leaving, you can make a perception check to try to tell which light is the fairy then try to go after it. or you can let it go and combat ends, letting you recover a bit.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Where did he go? Which one of the lights is the fey?" Samuel looks in every direction trying to tell which one is it.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Help the others, I will chase it until it gets away of my musket range" the Sentinel tries to hunt down the fey for a few seconds, but he will not risk it very far from the group. If he cannot determine which one of the lights is the fey, he comes back quickly to tend towards Letitia and Baradim.


RoW Maps

Samuel is not expecting the sudden retreat of the sprite, covered by multiple decoys and is not able to tell for sure which light is coming from the actual sprite.

I'll let you take one more shot if you would like, and I will randomize which one is hit as if you were firing into a mirror image. after you take one shot at it/them, they will be too far for you to follow on foot in the snow


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel moves forward towards the light and makes a last shot hoping for the best of lucks.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

HP 3; AC 17
Bullets: 36

----------------------------

The Taldan comes back then to the group and tries to tend towards Baradim "Are you ok northener?" he shakes the half-orc and looks towards Letitia as well "How is she doing? Do you think they will recover? I have no idea about the fey powers and how they work..."


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia groans as she sits up. She wipes the snow off her face, but doesn't seem bothered by the cold of it. She blinks out the final residual images of the color spray.

Lazlo flies down and lands next to her. She sees the black substance on his talons, and she tsks at him. "Too clever, bird," she says as she stands with a grunt.

She collects the small container, and checks its contents. Hopefully the natural weapons of a tiny creature weren't enough to use up the whole thing. It's enough to coat ten pieces of ammunition. Would you say that around 5 is left?

She pulls out a few crossbow bolts and coats the tips with the alchemical substance. Then she passes the container to Samuel. "Here. Use this on your bullets. It'll hurt the next fey we come across."

The others had managed to drive off the small fey creatures this time. But there might be a way to keep the next group from attacking in ambush, she thinks. After a little inner debate, she makes a decision.

She opens her pack and digs to the very bottom. She then pulls out an ice-blue cloak trimmed in white fur. It is of regal design and make, something commanding, yet feminine. She smooths out its wrinkles, then throws it over her shoulders.

Lazlo flies up to her and she outstretches an arm where he alights. He hoots once at her. "I know," she says to him, guessing is question. "It's not like I was planning to return to Heldren anyway."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra grumbles as she retreves her broken spear. "Cursed spearhead broke... Obsidian is hard to find here in the lowlands... Much easier in the mountains I'm from." she examines rhe weapon and sighs. "But it's nothing a simple spell won't fix... Just gotta convince a mage to do it." she slides thw broken weapon away and draws her Scimitar in it's place. "Next time I want something that won't buzz around like a Horse-Fly!" she roars to the sky.


RoW Maps

GM:
randomizer: 1d100 ⇒ 36

Samuel's bullet sails right through one of the decoy lights. they 5 lights move away and fade from view, leaving a very quiet clearing behind them as the party members start to stir and move around again.

cold saves:

Fortitude Greadra: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15
Fortitude Baradim: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10
Fortitude Snowpaw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Fortitude Alec: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 = 21
Fortitude Samuel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The time you have spent in the cold starts to be noticeable, but you are protected for the most part

Baradim, are you currently wearing cold weather gear? I didn't see it listed in your character sheet. it would mean the difference between a save and a fail. if you are not wearing cold gear, you will take 2 non-lethal damage and become fatigued


| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 8/14 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +2 W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +3

Baradim does not have any cold-weather gear but he does have Endurance which should give him a +4 bonus. He also has a +5 to his save. If that isn't enough, he takes the damage and becomes fatigued.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"I fear it escaped " Samuel returns with the others and removes the small arrow from his arm.

The Gunslinger takes Letitia's product "Can I apply it beforehand?" the man observes with interest how she places the coat on her shoulders " That's an impressive coat for a Traveller. You sure were not a peasant in your hometown... I don't think you are a thief neither " he also observes Lazlo with curiosity.

" It's starting to get cold. Can you all continue?" the Sentinel adjusts his winter coat " It's weird to use this in summer "

"I think we can still follow the trail"

HP 3/11

Grand Lodge

Female Half-orc Shifter(Weretouched) 1
Vitals:
HP:12/12 AC:17=10+(2Dex,4Armor,1shield) Fort:4 Refl:4 Will:2 CMD:16 CMB:+4 BAB:+1

Greadra also has endurance (I plan on getting Diehard later) so I should also get a +4 to my save

Greadra snorts, "Cold? No, I've delt with much worse. she says. I can push on... Ironically I find myself the least injured for once, haha!" she sighs and draws her Scimitar, making sure her shield was secured on her arm. Next time we are in town remind me to buy weapons... she tells Baradim. If I got myself a nice Axe that would be nice...


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Whoops, looks like the weapon blanch needed to be applied with heat. Oh, well. Lazlo only did a point of damage anyway.

"We'll need to apply this the next time we build a fire. Then your bullets will be ready for the next time you use your weapon," she explains to Samuel.

Letitia regards the gunslinger as he compliments her cloak, eyes narrowing just slightly. "You are correct that I am not a thief. Nor was I a peasant." Her tone makes it readily apparent that she feels being either would be an awful fate.

"I'm perfectly fine to continue," she announces.

151 to 200 of 1,517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.