Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


751 to 800 of 1,555 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Aoo in case i get one

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

If the Above Aoo applies and distrupts the invisibility by chance the below attacks apply to the Atomie. If not she moves to attack the sleeping Sprite or otherwise nearest enemy she can see

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Ashling keeps attacking, not responding to her companions calls or cries simply because she cannot hear them


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix whispers the same prayer that she used earlier, feeling the random, drunken movements of her god fill her, and then starts walking, well, lurching really, over the top of the snow. Ashling's getting the one that Letitia used her magic on, so let's deal with the closer one..., she thinks as she steps, drawing her cold iron axe -- and connecting solidly with the sprite.

Throwing Axe (Cold Iron), Melee: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm Threat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Well, that seems like it confirms...

Critical Damage: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) + 9 = 25


RoW Maps

Well that post was worth the wait Callix! jeez...

OK, hell of a lot going on this round, please correct me if i miss something.

will save sprite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
the sprite falters visibly, then falls to the ground asleep.

Ashling steps up to the sleeping Sprite and stabs it, drawing blood but causing it to snap out of its slumber.

Alec tries to sqeeze past his companions for a strike but misses the tiny creature. Callix comes up next to him and cleaves the tiny creature in two, instantly killing it.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13
finding itself surrounded by enemies, the second sprite tries to dash away, relying on it's small size and speed to zip away from its enemies. it fails to tumble past safely, and both humans take a swing at it.
AoO Callix: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
AoO Ashling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Lucky for it (and not so much for the rest of you) both Callix and Ashling fail to hit the little creature. Flashes of intense color fly from its hands, washing over the clumped up humans: Ashling, Callix and Alec

Will Ashling: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
WIll Callix: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Will Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Ashling and Alec both go down, unconscious, but Callix fends it off.
duration: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

sling: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
from behind her, Callix hears a soft whistling noise as a stone streaks out of the snow and smacks her in the back of the head.
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5) = 10

bold may act:
Letitia, Callix, fey

Welp, that just got a lot worse! good luck Callix and Letitia!

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 7/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status: unconscious (8 rounds)
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status: unconscious (4 more rounds)
Ashling HP: 14/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened, unconscious (8 rounds)

NPCs:
Atomie: HP: -6 | AC: 21/16
Green Sprite: HP: -25 | AC: ???| status:dead
Blue Sprite: HP: -6 | AC: ???


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

It would change nothing, but after waking up the fey will first have to stand up before moving away. But of course she can cast without moving away.

Samuel's face starts to freeze on the cold snow of the woods. Will he survive to see a warmer summer?


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Now that the atomie is visible again, Letitia targets it with her Slumber hex.

DC 15 or fall asleep for two rounds. If it falls asleep, Letitia will move up to it. If it fights off the hex, then Letitia will move to stand next to Callix and reach for the cure wand. (I've marked my two possible locations.)


RoW Maps

Will save Atomie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

The Atomie does not fall asleep, but its head turns towards Letitia as it recognizes what the Winter Witch was trying to do


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix looks at her fallen comrades and winces, This isn't good... And we can't let that Atomie vanish and do that again... She rushes through the snow, fighting against it as she calls on the Drunken Hero for his help. Let's just hope I can stop it before it stops me...

Swift -> Cast Divine Favor (Fervor)

Cold Iron Axe: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25 for 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

I'm really hoping that getting it in reach and making it AoO-able stops the worst of its abilities..


RoW Maps

The Atomie snarls as it is hit with a cold iron axe, it's skin sizzling as it comes in contact with the metal. it points at the axe and yells in Sylvan:

ફાઉલ મેટલ! આ જમીન ઇરીસીન ના તાજ દ્વારા જોડાયેલ છે. લોખંડનો કબજો મૃત્યુ દ્વારા સજાપાત્ર છે!

Sylvan:

foul metal! this land is annexed by the crown of Irrisen. possession of iron is punishable by death!

concentration check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Callix feels a spell trying to take hold of her body, but her God is with her and the spell has no effect.
Fortitude Callix: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

the sprite moves to the side and fires a tiny arrow at Letitia
short bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Fortitude Letitia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
the little needle feels exceptionally cold, but Letitia does not feel any further effect from the shot. Letitia takes 1 damage

Callix, Letitia, fey

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 7/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 13/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status: unconscious (7 rounds)
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status: unconscious (3 rounds)
Ashling HP: 14/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened, unconscious (7 rounds)

NPCs:
Atomie: HP: -16 | AC: 21/16
Green Sprite: HP: -25 | AC: ???| status:dead
Blue Sprite: HP: -6 | AC: ???


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Was I able to get the cure wand from Callix since she moved away from me?


RoW Maps

I don't think you would have been able to. neither of you had an action to spare to transfer the wand. where is the wand located, Callix? if it was in a holster instead of in a pack AND if Callix only has one hand occupied right now, I suppose she could have drawn the wand as she moved and dropped it as a free action. in which case it would be on the ground somewhere between where she was standing and where she is now.

Although, if you're planning on healing Callix, she is maybe better off healing herself with a swift action rather than you spending a whole round trying to heal her a bit


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

I doubt it'd be stowed away in a pack considering that we may quickly need to access it, but that's fine. I just needed to know whether I could heal Callix or if I needed to fight.

"તમારી રાણી તેના સમય ભૂતકાળમાં છે," Letitia responds with a cold glare, hexing the fey so its defenses are weaker.

Sylvan:

"Your queen is past her time"

Evil Eye DC 15 for -2 on AC, save for 1 round, fail for 7 rounds

She rubs the spot where the tiny arrow struck her, curling her lip in a snarl. "Lazlo?" she whispers. Silently, a snow-white shape glides with its talons outstretched, snaring the sprite in its feet.

Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

He can't hurt it, probably, but he can keep it busy!


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Rather figured it was an on the belt sort of carry, so it could be drawn as easily as a weapon.. But Callix has a shield, so no free hand... But yes, I will be using fervor to heal myself.

Callix shrugs at the unknown language, "Don't know what you said, but I don't think I like your tone," she taunts as she mentally finishes a silent prayer to the Accidental God, feeling a spreading warmth in her stomach, and then spreading through her, like a fine brandy.

Fervor: 1d6 ⇒ 2

She winces slightly when the warmth stops, Apparently I'm only getting a shot and not a snifter..., but then smiles as she sees the Atomie stiffen slightly under Letitia's gaze. Oh good.. I can use ask the help I can get here... She takes a breath and shakes off her doubts, borrowing some of her god's bravado, taunting the Atomie again as she brings the cold iron axe up to strike, "Weren't ready for a couple of Northern girls, were you?"

All in Skald, btw -- since both of us awake can speak it..

Cold Iron Axe: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18 Ugh. Even with the evil eye, that's a miss.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

No, that's still a hit Callix. as a reminder, the AC values shown in the end of round summaries are only the info you have as a player, and not 100% accurate. the AC of 21 means the lowest to hit roll that has so far been successful was a 21.

will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Letitia feels the magic of her family take hold of the Atomie, reducing its ability to shrug off blows.

With the aid of the hex, Callix smashes her axe into the fey creature again
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Overwhelmed by the onslaught of the 2 women, the Atomie stumbles and is dropped by the mighty blow of Callix's axe. it falls to the ground bleeding.

Meanwhile, Lazlo snatches the last sprite from the air.
escape artist: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

It easily slips through the talons of the white owl, but is left unable to do anything in return. it turns and speeds away into the storm
acrobatics to leave without AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Callix and Letitia may act

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 9/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 13/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status: unconscious 6
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status: unconscious 2
Ashling HP: 14/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened, unconscious 6

NPCs:
Atomie: HP: -26 | AC: 18/16| status: dead
Green Sprite: HP: -25 | AC: ???| status:dead
Blue Sprite: HP: -6 | AC: ???


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

I assume that we lose sight of the sprite due to the storm?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Yes, it has moved out of sight unless you run into the storm to follow it.

As the sprite moves away, Letitia and Callix are able to find a few useful items on the Atomie. it was carrying 2 scrolls, 1 potion, 3 liquid ice, 1 more thunderstone, a tiny-sized sickle and sling, and 60gp.

About 30 seconds later the other 3 start to stir. by the time Letitia is done gathering the items from the Atomie, all three are standing up and shaking off the last of the spell that hit them.

Feel free to spend a couple of rounds doing healing spells or other things that could be done in a minute's time.

Ashling is still unable to hear anything, but over the sound of the storm, about a minute later you hear a loud, deep, gravelly voice call out:

קליין, מעלדונג! דו זאלסט נישט זאָגן מיר איר לאָזן די שוואַך סאָוטהלינגס באַקומען די בעסער פון איר! ווי שווער איז עס צו טייטן פיר יומאַנז ?!

giant:

Hommelstaub, report! Don't tell me you let those weak southlings get the better of you! how hard is it to kill four humans?!

coming through the snow, you see a large brutish figure making its way towards you, moving easily in the deep snow. it looks like a tall and lanky humanoid with an elongated toothy snout.

Knowledge Local DC 13:

This is a moss troll. Like most trolls it is vulnerable to fire, and regenerates health as long as it has not been touched with fire. unlike some varieties of troll, moss trolls do not stop regenerating with acid.

GM roll:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Anyone who rolls above a 12 on a stealth check could act in the surprise round. Ashling does not have as much warning as the others that something is coming due to her deafness, so will not get a chance to roll a stealth in time.

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
creature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

if no one rolls a high stealth check, it will be the creature's turn then the rest of you. also, rearrange your placement as you like, staying in the same area you are currently. I could have had you do that before bringing in the monster, but this speeds things up slightly at the cost of telling you where the next threat is coming from.

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 9/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 13/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 14/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened

NPCs:
Large Creature: HP: ???| AC: ???|
Blue Sprite: HP: -6 | AC: ???


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel incorporates himself with effort, grasping his musket on the move and checking his head "Cursed magics! Wha... what was that? I felt a wave of colors and then falling through a rainbow in a snowy valley to the deepest of darkness" he quickly loads his musket preparing himself to face the feys before he discovers they are not around.

Discovering the onslaught around him the Sentinel nods while he helps Letitia and Callix check what is left around.
K. local DC 13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
"Taldor saves us! Is that a moss troll?! My mother used to explain a tale about a creature as that one. They can regenerate unless they are attacked with fire, and acid does not help. I thought they were only legend!" Samuel quickly tries to hide under the snow cover before the troll is able to see him.
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Any bonuses due to distance or falling snow?

If able to act, Samuel readies his musket and shots when the troll is at a distance where he can properly appreciate the troll figure through the falling snow. Surprise round: Readied action: shot when troll is just concealed and not total concealed through the snow, at 20' I guess
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Snow misschance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 38


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

USE FIRE, it's a moss Troll, Acid won't work Ashling still doesn't really respond, she's yelling louder than usual.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

@Samuel, yes I already accounted for distance and conditions, as well as the troll's scent ability. the total after that was a 12


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

CLW (Wand) - Ashling: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW (Wand) - Callix: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

That worked. Sadly, my Divine Favor will expire by then

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Callix snarls, "Guess we're dealing with winter beasts of all sizes." I'm all out of alchemist's fire, but I've got Holy flames..., she thinks, calling upon the Drunken God to fill her axe with a sliver of his power, causing it to glow with a pure white glow.

Activate Good Blessing in the surprise round


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

While the gang is waking up...
Upon discovering the scrolls, Letitia casts read magic to learn what sort of spells they contain. Considering Callix can use the wand, she doesn't bother.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Letitia doesn't bother to dive for cover, instead she stands brazenly with her hands on her hips.

"הוממעלסטאַו האט נישט געפינען יומאַנז פון די," she says with a sneer.

Giant:

"Hommelstaub didn't find humans of the south."


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec rolled over and sat up, his face still half-covered in snow.

"What the hell happened?" he asked aloud.

He reached over and grabbed his fallen falcata that laid in the snow and began to stand up. He shook his hand and raised his shield arm to wipe away the snow but ended up dumping more snow on himself, that which the shield had scooped up.

"Bah." He looked around. "Everyone else okay?"

As the others began speaking, he only heard one word. Troll. His head swiveled around until his eyes spotted the approaching form. It was massive, bigger than most bears he had seen. This was going to hurt...

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


RoW Maps

Letitia examiens the scrolls, finding a scroll of Resist Energy (fire) and a scroll of Remove Curse

Callix heals up the injuries sustained in fighting the Atomie.

Once everyone is up, they all spot the troll, but he sees almost everyone as well. Callix calls for a blessing from the Drunken Hero

The big troll eyes Letitia and laughs a booming gravelly laugh
"אַה יאָ, די ביסל ווינטער מעכאַשייפע. מיר האבן געזאָגט צו היטן פֿאַר איר. קוקט ווי טעב האט צו טאָן אַלץ זיך. ווי געווענטליך"

Giant:

Ah yes, the little winter witch. We was told to watch for you. Looks like Teb has to do everything himself. as usual

The troll walks up, having no trouble with the deep snow. for such a large creature he seems to hardly be making an impression in the white powder.

He seems to be heading for Letitia, but Callix is in the way. he stabs at her with a hunting spear
Spear of Manhunting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14

the spear cuts deep, drawing blood.

Bold may act: Alec, Ashling, Callix, Letitia, Samuel, troll

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 3/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 13/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 17/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened

NPCs:
Troll: HP: ???| AC: ???|
Blue Sprite: HP: -6 | AC: ???


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Bloody hell" Alec mumbled as he stepped up next to Callix. He raised his shield and his falcata in a defensive manner as his eyes focused on the troll.


Standard Action: Total Defense
Move Action to current map position
Swift Action to use Ranger's Focus

AC: 21

Ranger's Focus:

At 1st level, once per day, the guide can focus on a single enemy within line of sight as a swift action. That creature remains the Ranger’s focus until it is reduced to 0 or fewer hit points or surrenders, or until the Ranger designates a new focus, whichever occurs first. The Ranger gains a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls against the target of his focus. At 5th level, and every five levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +2.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Frozen Hell! This beast is going to get us all killed!" seeing himself in a terrible position, Samuel attempts to tumble back through the snow, looking for a safer place from where to throw lead to the troll.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

The Taldan has a terrible time to maneuver through the snow, but assuming he reaches the other end of the area alive, he raises his msuket and shots!
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Misschance due to snow 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 45

HP 20/20 | AC 18 TAC 15
Bullets: 27

People note Samuel probably ate the AoO giving you an opportunity to enter his reach and attack without fear to move through the snow!


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling looks at the Troll and then herself and the others, Make sure someone has fire, even just a torch out an ready. i'm confident we can handle this She says out loud in repeat before charging with her blade drawn

Slashing attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia takes a step, trusting her companions to keep fighting despite the grievous wound the troll deals Callix. "דיין שטאַרקייט איז גרויס, אָבער ווי איז דיין וועט?"

Giant:

"Your strength is great, but how is your will?"

She levels a hex at the giant to strip its defenses away.

Will DC 15: -2 to AC for seven rounds or 1 round on a save


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix winces as the spear bites deep, Rotten barrel, this is as bad as the weasel's attack.., then calls on her God's power to try to undo some of the damage and stay on her feet long enough to use the glowing, magical axe in her hand.

Fervor: 1d6 ⇒ 5 And I'm all out of that, now. Ungood.

As her wounds close, she begins to dance foward, darting around as she closes with the troll, trying to avoid the speartip, bringing her glowing axe to bear.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (4) = 13


RoW Maps

Samuel tries to draw the troll's attention by moving away and firing at it. the troll stabs with his spear as the human fails to dodge, but the spear does not find purchase.
Spear of Manhunting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The Troll takes a wound from the bullet, and again from Ashling's sword.

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
the troll blinks a few times as Letitia's winter magic dulls his mind and slows his reflexes.

A second later Callix hits it with a big cut from her enhanced axe, drawing more blueish blood.

a few of the troll's wounds seal back up and it yells in anger, stabbing at Callix and trying to bite Ashling
Spear of Manhunting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

bite: 1d20 ⇒ 2

And my D20s have left the building... well there's the break the party needed!

Bold may act: Alec, Ashling, Callix, Letitia, Samuel, Troll

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: blizzard |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 8/17 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 13/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 18/18 - AC: 17/12/15 Status:
Samuel HP: 20/20 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 17/17 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Deafened

NPCs:
Troll: HP: -31 | AC: 18
Blue Sprite: HP: -6 | AC: ???


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Give up, you can't win! You're entirely to slow! She yell out loud at the Giant, Slashing into it once more as she dodges it's attack with ease

Bash it until it's jelly!


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec slid forward through the snow to stand next to Ashling. His shield swung high through the air as his falcata swept low towards the troll's knee.

falcata, ranger focus, two weapon fighting: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 16
Slashing damage, ranger focus: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Shield Bash, ranger focus, two weapon fighting: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 13
Bludgeoning damage, ranger focus: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


RoW Maps

The troll falls to the slashing blades of Alec and Ashling. even as it lies in the snow, however, you can see its wounds trying to close again.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"Stand clear!" Letitia shouts as she pulls out a flask of alchemist's fire.

Once everyone's a step away from the troll, she throws the vial down on the prone form.

Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ash doesnt react being Deafened she takes out a torch and uses Spark to light it and then light the troll with it

Spark:

You can make an unattended Fine flammable object catch on fire. This works as if you were using flint and steel except that you can use spark in any sort of weather and it takes much less time to actually ignite an object.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

As Letitia's words carried across the wind, Alec sheathed his sword. He quickly reached down and grabbed the giant spear and gave the body a once over before stepping back. As he noticed Ashling preparing a torch, he waved his shield arm in front of her and nodded in Letita's direction as he stepped back. He looked around through the falling snow to see if he could spot his own spear.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

She stops, nods and steps back, Thank you


RoW Maps

the troll smolders and melts slightly, finally stilling and clearly dead.

The footprints in the snow are clearly those of this troll, moving back and forth from the NE and the W.

End of combat, what do you do now?


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Breathing hard after the intensity of battle, Letitia turns to Callix. "The troll called himself Teb. Didn't you hear that name by your captors?"


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

i would appreciate us resting for a bit, until thus ringing in my ears stops Ash says, sitting against a tree


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel quickly reloads his musket "Attention, I would be surprised if we are done here"

If nothing else appears the Sentinel nods to Ashling "Aye, let's check the area to make it secure" then checks the troll for anything of use aside of the spear picked up by Alec.

After that the Taldan starts to inspect the igloos for utils while Ashling recovers.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

Alec picks up the large spear, which almost instantly resizes to medium size. The spear is a clearly magical boar spear.

Also on the body, Samuel finds a belt pouch containing a key, 48 gold pieces and a hand-held mirror.

checking out the igloos, Samuel finds that three of them (marked P2) are mostly empty with a small blanket and furs making beds sized for small or tiny creatures but nothing else interesting. each one has a hole cut in the top for smoke to escape, but no fires are lit.

the southern-most igloo (P3) does not have a bed, and samuel is quick to spot a false floor. a crude trap is placed here with a 20-ft deep pit dug in the cold ground and then covered with a tarp and snow.

Callix:

Just as a reminder because I don't remember exactly what I told you when the group found you
Teb Knotten was indeed a name you heard in captivity, spoken of as one of the people or creatures that seemed to be relaying orders to Rohkar's bandit gang.

From here, you can barely make out in the north the mouth of a small cave. to the west you see several large spears of ice sticking out of the ground forming a kind of fence. the strong wind of the storm seems to be coming from that direction.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"Should we inspect the cave first?" Letitia says over the howling winds of the blizzard. "This seems a camp of some sort. Then we can check out the spears of ice."


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Be aware, there is a trap here in this igloo. I found some small utils" Samuel quickly returns to the group to help move to a safer location "We can certainly retreat there to heal before the fey return"

Once they reach the cave he takes a look to make sure it is a safe place.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"I do not know how much time we have before they return, but I do agree with the witch we probably want to check those spears soon to make sure we are not in immediate danger..." he then shows the hand-held mirror to Letitia "Is this magical?"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia flinches from the mirror, smacking it out of Samuel's hand so it falls into the soft snow. "I've seen images in a mirror before, looking like a window to someplace else with someone watching. The eye of the doll."

Careful not to appear in the mirror's reflection, Letitia casts detect magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods, "That was one of the names that the bandits were throwing around when they thought I was unconscious. Didn't realize he was a troll from how they spoke of him."

She bends down to pick up the mirror, covering its face with cloth, "If this is linked to those in charge, it might prove useful -- I'd rather we have that option then let it be lost to the blizzard."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

We're getting closer for certain. We should be careful, where there's one moss troll there are others...Im fairly certain that trolls and fey don't typically associate, especially atomies. Ashling follows along unwilling to put her sword away now. She also assists casting Detect magic around.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8
spell craft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


RoW Maps

The cave is not inhabited, but looks like it was the chambers of the moss troll. inside there is a locked strongbox.

the mirror is not magical, but Letitia would know that the white witches often use them to spy on people or communicate. the mirror itself does not need to be enchanted, the spell comes from the witch using it. the witch only needs to choose a specific mirror or location to see through or speak through a mirror.

those detecting magic do detect a strong aura comign from the direction of the ice spears


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia recovers the mirror and quickly stows it in her pack before it can catch anyone's reflection. Then her attention is drawn to the magical aura near the ice spears. Caution keeps her from straying too far from the group, but as long as someone is nearby, she'll study the auras to get an idea of what kind of magic they are.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 +1 for winter/cold magic


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 33 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

While Letitia examines the spears, Samuel uses the troll's key to open the stronghold, although he first checks it for traps.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

He then checks the objects in the interior and picks up anything of use before moving on "We better make sure we are all healed before we venture into those spears area"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods and draws the wand from her belt, , "Agreed, though with that storm, maybe this is the Universe's way of telling us that it's time to rest. I know I'm running low on magic..."

She readies to tap herself with the wand, Best purchase I think I've ever made, but at the same time, at this rate, it won't last a week..., then turns to Letitia, adding, "Of course, I'm assuming that the storm will pass, or at least lessen, so we can actually function out there."

Holding on rolling the healing, it depends what we're doing. If we are camping and regaining spells, I'll use what's left of my own magic to heal, and try to preserve the wand.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

I'm not certain it will pass, the further north we go the more this will become... but regardless we should rest, also set up a watch. Ashling sheathes her blade, Personally, i'm out of spells for the day and we're in enemy territory. I... have heard stories of the north lands from my parents, they grew up there

751 to 800 of 1,555 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.