Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,951 to 4,000 of 16,204 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond shrugs. "Fine, snap your neck. Or drown you. Whatever doesn't appease your god." He grins, hoping somebody else steps in soon since he was never particularly good at this sort of thing.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

late Fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Grimm Sheathes the giant sword upon his back and steps up to the unarmed guard, his spiked armor and cesti adding to the menace of his tiara.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Yer frog god is a f**king lowly toad beneath Gorum's boot. Ye be a bit more agreeable of I'll show ye what it's like ta be LOVED by a 12 inch BLADE if ya get me meanin' boy.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Kalim looks darkly at the acolyte. "Fool. Your Tsathogga is a poor joke. I spit upon your Frog God as I spit on any other so-called deity. Their power is finite and fleeting compared to that of the hidden masters. Know this: if I desire your words, I will demand them. Otherwise, hold your tongue."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Well, this person may have some useful information for us. Such as, are there other cults to this frog-thing? Who else comes to this place? What are rhe names of their collaborators in town? Any number of things may provide us intelligence and lessen his suffering in the afterlife."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

*Backs off after realizing Kalim has impressive intimidate score*


Evil GM

The man's eyes flick from the dwarf to the vile human speaking sacrilege. Poison shall ooze from your worthless pores. He wisely holds his tongue.


Evil GM

Are you doing?

The man holds his tongue once Kalim intimidates his silence.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"I don't see much use in keeping him. We have our area to explore and cull.
If other cults lie within those borders, they will fall.
"

(I think we should lead them out, level up, and come back.)


Evil GM

The man responds to the woman's comment of coming back, "The Great Tsathogga will dine of your liver for this defilement." His anger gets to him, "You will be hunted down like the swine you are...all of you!"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond laughs. "My liver has survived worse than that. Although I think you might have just upset our friend here."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A hunt implies hunters. Just who is going to be seeking out our livers?"


Evil GM

"Abbot Grosso will not let this go unavenged."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"There now, that wasn't so very hard. Now, Abbot Grosso, does he have a first name? Any other friends he might want to bring with him when he comes for our livers? What else can you tell us about the 'good' Abbot?"


Evil GM

He scrunches his face at the familiar request, then stammers a bit "H...he is Abbot Grosso."[b] Gathering his wits. "You are too late to catch him, he has gone to gather reinforcements for his ranks and to bring your doom. An ARMY of devout followers will swarm to the Abbott's calling!"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Where might those reinforcements come from? Are there other disenfranchised people looking for quick power and uncaring over the state of their mortal souls? We really only want to converse with the good Abbot, after all."


Evil GM

He looks around at his dead brethren, "I'm just a follower, that is information beyond my knowledge." He looks at the holy symbol worn by Karnog then at Malcolm, "Do your gods demand death of the unarmed, especially when you are the law breakers? You broke into our temple and brought forth death and gloom, we did not seek this battle. Is that within your ethical cannons?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"You are demon worshippers, kidnappers, murderers, and guilty of sacrificing humans and other sentient creatures. Do not mistake the goodness and respect of law The Creator holds for weakness. You have committed foul and Evil acts. I expect an evaluation of your soul would reveal Evil at its core."

Larnog looks from Malcolm to Grimm and back to the prisoner with a sad look on his bearded face.

"If you were honestly in search of redemption and would renounce your evil ways, mercy may still be available to you. Give your bluster, vehemence, and belief in this horrible Abbot, I expect a swift and painless death is all the mercy you deserve."


Evil GM

"We worship our god in ways taught to us...like you worship your god in ways taught to you. Religious intolerance is your justification. Those creatures killed were tried and convicted for crimes against our lands and faith." He waves at the freed prisoners, "As far as I know, they were imprisoned waiting judgment by Abbot Grosso."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond can't help but let out a chuckle. "Intolerance breeds intolerance. Tell me of a war that wasn't started for one religion or another and I'll lick your boots clean for a week."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Say what you will...intolerance and drivel is nonsense when the "church" you represent radiates palpable Evil. That is objective truth, just as your soul is damned for your choices and worship. And really, tried? Farmers and women, boiled alive in your little frog-demon cauldron? I laugh at your contrivance."

Karnog lets out a small chuckle, sadly aware this creature willingly embraces his final fate.


Evil GM

"Its all a matter of POV, you reek of evil yourself from where I stand. Took it upon yourselves to break and enter, steal, attack and kill all in the name your your law and your idea of goodness but Tsathogga will pass judgment on your miserable lives soon enough." he spits, "Strike your captive down and prove my words true." He smirks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond glances between the two, thoroughly enjoying the argument. "He's right Karnog, imagine things from his point of view. How dare you oppress his right to oppress others!"


Evil GM

Is anyone else doing anything? There are a few areas you haven't looked at off of this main courtyard.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm follows the conversation carefully.

The evil that you worship and spread at the detriment of the good will cost you your soul.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I have no god but the void itself, boy. You already know i am beyond your threats."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I fear you misunderstood me. When I speak of Good and Evil, I am not talking about subjective decisions and feelings made by mortals. No, I am expressing the objective reality of true Morality. Good exists, and I know this by my own experience and through the works of such as my companion here," Karnog points to the paladin of Abadar beside him.

"And I know Evil, exemplified by cultists such as yourselves, the undead which are powered by negative energy itself, and the greater powers of Evil. Such as the demon you youeself worship. After your execution, I expect you will have a greater understanding of objective Evil as well. And this world will be a better place for your removal."

Karnog standa, brushing the dust off his hands, and steps back. "You have made your choice clear, and the penalty for murder, consorting with the undead, and demon-worship is dead. Go to your true reward."

He turns his back and begins to gather up the villagera and see about equipping them as best as possible.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

That was good enough for Grimm.
More chance than I would have given him.

Grimm walks up to the prisoner and grabs him by the scruff.
Ye are a rabid dog. When a dog goes feral, ye put it down. Mercy is for honored foes and condemned good men. Ye are neither...

Then holding him by his shirt Grimm punches him hard and fast in the face with his spiked cesti until he caves his head in. It does not take long, but it was bloody and no doubt painful.

He stands and spits on the body.

Considerin the way the victims died in that pot, that was quicker than he deserved.


Evil GM

The man defies Karnog's judgment, "Accusations..." As Karnog turns away, Grimm stpes up to manhandle the prisoner him using his fist to smash the man's face.

"M...m...murd...er...ers." the captive groans. His life blood splashes over Grimm's clothing and courtyard.

As he passes from the living to the underworld, the frog idol croaks a most hideous sound sending shock waves through the entire courtyard.

Sonic damage, maximized 8 HP plus 4 RDs stunned

Fort save DC 18 to avoid the stunned


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Fort 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10"Gahhh! Idiot dwarf!


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Y u do dis Grimm


Evil GM

Vatilda and Grimm still ahve fort Save DC 18's to make to negate being stunned for 4 RDs.


Evil GM

Vilis and the farmers were gatherng food stores from the dining area, along with the gear that the deceased acolytes. Fortunately for them they were not in the courtyard, so they did to feel the effects of the frog idol's croak. The farmers would be dead. The see the battered, bruised and stunned warriors and lend what assistance they can.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

The inquisitor shakes his head at the noise and hollers back, Shaddap! Stupid frog.

He looks around for any new foe or danger while his allies recover their senses.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

After Desmond recovers he looks up, fairly ticked off. He goes and grabs Grimm by the shoulder. "Can you think before you do something like that? And stop acting like you get to call all the shots!"

Fyi Grimm, argument purely in character. Desmond is neutral but there are a few things that set him off.


Evil GM

There are no new foes or dangers in the courtyard or dining area. You do see that the west double gate is the front door. After Des slaps a bit of sense into Grimm, the others split in teams of two to do a quick perimeter search. Malcolm and Kalim keeping an eye on the South door. while Karnog and Vatilda take peek down the hallway. Karnog and Vatilda discover five doors around the bend.

Updated Map


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"There's a bunch more doors here, probably room for more foes as well."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Desmond Aeros wrote:

After Desmond recovers he looks up, fairly ticked off. He goes and grabs Grimm by the shoulder. "Can you think before you do something like that? And stop acting like you get to call all the shots!"

Fyi Grimm, argument purely in character. Desmond is neutral but there are a few things that set him off.

Grimm raises an eyebrow at the hand upon his shoulder, more by the fact the rogue managed to avoid the many spikes on his armor.

Ye better remove that hand boy, afore ye lose it. And how was I ta know killing the whelp would set the frog off? Coulda just as easy been anyone YOU knifed on the way in here. And as resident trapspotter, ain't that YOUR job? I didn't condem the little sh!+ , Just carried out a sentence.
Karo g's speech sounded like a sentence ta me. I like you though kid. Tell ya what, YOU can off or babysit any prisoner's from now on, an I'll happily let ye scout alone so ye don't feel I'm leading ya around. I skulk cause it gives us advantage, but yer death cries if ye get caught alone will be sufficient warning if ye prefer.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond shoves Grimm back, clearly not appeased as he throws his arms up. "I don't care about that statue. I don't care about that man being condemned to die. I care about you deciding to cave that mans head in instead of a quick death. On the field anything goes because you're fighting for your life, but that was an execution." He laughs darkly and shakes his head. "And now you threaten me. I don't even believe in the goda and I'm more bound than you are. Apparently common sense is a heavy burden." He walks off, dismissing Grimm and any hostility while he checks the southern door for traps and opens it should there be none.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Desmond shoves Grimm back, clearly not appeased as he throws his arms up. "I don't care about that statue. I don't care about that man being condemned to die. I care about you deciding to cave that mans head in instead of a quick death. On the field anything goes because you're fighting for your life, but that was an execution." He laughs darkly and shakes his head. "And now you threaten me. I don't even believe in the goda and I'm more bound than you are. Apparently common sense is a heavy burden." He walks off, dismissing Grimm and any hostility while he checks the southern door for traps and opens it should there be none.

Grimm brakes into a laugh at that.

Haw! I thought ye was mad about the Frog. NOW I get it. Ye just didn't like the mess. Well, boy let me tell ya somethin about Gorum. He grants his powers in the interest o' the glory of battle and war. He doesn't actually give a sh!t about right or wrong so long as there's battle.
He grants his powers to Good and Evil priests and armies alike. Been in more than a few fights against fellow worshippers on opposite sides. If war sings in yer blood and ye have skill and ye BELIEVE in his power he rewards ya.
I choose to bring the fight to the side of evil cause I see far more scary things in this world than good. Gotta even the score. So where I find bad things, I give em what they deserve afore sending them ta the hells. We on the same side boy, so If me returning some pain on a bloke what truly deserves it turns ye skin, I'll do ye a nice one and heart punch em wit a dagger. Better than they deserve but dead is dead and I AM Here ta help, fair enough?

That was probably as compromising than the Grizzly dwarf could be. He was firm in his beliefs but didn't want to alienate his allies. They might turn on him and he'd have to defend himself and then he'd have to find more companions to assault this place.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond points at the man who was killed in cold blood. "That was no battle."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Desmond has the right of it, dwarf. Your reckless action could have killed us and your savage execution disgusts me. You are fairly new here. Know your place."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm smiles, thoroughly enjoying the conversation. He actually wanted to see where this lot all stood. His personal preference was to give evil a death fitting their reprehensible crimes, but it did not matter HOW they died per sae so long as they couldn't hurt any innocents anymore.

Yessir, Master. This big stupid warrior will clamp down and wait fer yer call for aid first. Ye want me in back huggin the farmers on can I stay up front if I promise ta be real quiet and only start offin things when commanded?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond says nothing more, focusing on his job and letting the others talk to Grimm. No free will at all.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"That will do for now."


Evil GM

Desmond the southern door is locked.

perception and disable device rolls.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 +2 vs traps
Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm stands with arms crossed and nods at Kalim's words.

I cannot say that I was pleased with the method of the Dwarf, but he is an uncouth one. It certainly did not surprise me.

Carry on then, we have work to do here.


Evil GM

It doesn't look trapped and you are able to disable the lock.

How does Des, Grimm, Malcolm, Karnog, Vatilda, Kalim for a marching order work? vilis will guard the rear and the farmers.

3,951 to 4,000 of 16,204 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.