OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,901 to 3,950 of 3,959 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

Senzo:
He definitely seems to be telling the truth. He absolutely believes it's the truth. He's also without a doubt insane.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Um, that seems like a very...worthwhile goal, that has truly been...thoughtfully planned out," Fera says, hoping his hesitation will convey to his friends that he feels just the opposite.

Bluff to pass secret message, DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Secret message: we need to kill this lunatic.


"Yes! You see, then! You UNDERSTAND that he must die and the world must BURN and they all must pay for their insolence. It's not enough to kill them in their dreams, we must burn their bodies and harvest them for Mog-Lathar, and then HE WILL SEE HOW DEDICATED I AM. And Drune will wail with fear beneath my boots!"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

T10 gets me to the DC

Senzo looks around to see if the others pick up what Ferabras is putting down.

I'll definitely open with a slying side blade kick, but if someone else takes the initiative with something good, I'll follow up.

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

While Bodta is not very emotive and frankly is rather boring, he is quite perceptive, especially when it comes to others. He barely needs to try, in order to understand that this guy is loopy...but as he looks closer..

sense motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

...he easily comes to the same conclusion as Senzo and Ferabas. He gives the paladin a small, slow nod of agreement. His right fist tightens so that those close can hear the sinews strain

He's ready to spring into violence, only waiting to be sure everyone is also ready. He moves a bit closer, feigning interest in what the bad guy has to say, allowing the others to get into a better position.


"Yes, come closer and give me the Key and Book. Then we can end this for good." He chuckles. "Well, not for good. But forever."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras' glittering black teeth spread in a false grin as he replies, "I confess, I am a bit nervous to step into the magic circle inscribed in the floor, Master Caligaro. Perhaps you could come to us, and we can talk of the Key and the Book without shouting across the room?"

It's funny, this guy's name rang a bell for me, and the medieval doctor's mask on his belt helped me remember why. His name is an echo of Dr. Caligari, who's from an old German horror movie. I don't think I ever saw the movie, but I remembered the name and looked it up. The movie has a dream-murder element to it, and weird, twisted landscapes like where we are.


I'm guessing the author is a fan!

The man's eyes narrow suspiciously. "What? Why would you distrust me? I who am to be your god?!?" Diplomacy check please!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

”It is not to do with you, but with me,“ Fera replies graciously, ”as you can no doubt see, I have a touch of infernal blood in my veins, and I fear what such a magic circle might do to me - or bring out in me.“

Diplomacy : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Can Zora tell with Deathwatch if our new friend is alive or undead?

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Would entering into a Dragon Style count as starting a fight?


Styles as a fight opener? I wouldn't think so, since you're just shifting your stance and body position. Just doing that would not, I think, be overtly threatening.

Zora, he is alive, but there's something off about him. Like he's spent too much time in the dreamlands.

He nods slowly, as if considering. "I suppose I can meet you halfway. The circles are no longer active. I have learned as much as I can from them." He steps toward the center of the room, but you spot movement in the room behind him, as if something were lurking just beyond line of sight.

"Now, give me the Key and the Book. It is time to return home in GLORY!"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Gotcha! Will shift weight slightly, lifting the right heel.... waiting to see if anyone else starts the party.

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

As the weirdo moves, Bodta slowly & casually moves to the other side of the room, allowing his companions to position themselves--and so they're not all bunched up. As he stops, he faces the bad guy, and he also shifts his positioning--mainly keeping his right fist closed, but opening his left in a 'sword-hand' position enter Snake Style

Who carries the book, and would like to hand over this man's just rewards? he makes a tiny shift at these last two words, ready to spring forward and unleash violence...

Who's starting this party?!?!?!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

I think any of us could start the party - but if we were all at a table and one of us decided to attack, I’d expect the GM to say “Roll initiative” so I’m thinking that’s what we should do. OMB?

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Aye. That makes sense. I was going to see if we could surprise him, but I think that ship has sailed :-)


Insane people are rarely surprised. Reality is nothing compared to what's in their heads.

A series of nods and steely gazes signals the dance has begun as everyone springs into action!

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bodta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Senzo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Foe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Round 1:
Senzo, Karnhia
Nahum
Zora, Ferabras, Bodta

Senzo and Karnhia are up!

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Senzo, literally leaps into action, flying towards the insane figure and driving the heel of his foot behind the man's as he lands!

Trip!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 ugh....


Anyone want to NPC Karnhia?

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Looking at K’s spell list, I’d think now is a good time for Haste, no?

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3
Bodta Koštunica - PFS wrote:
Looking at K’s spell list, I’d think now is a good time for Haste, no?

I second that notion, Bodta!

Botting Karnhia

Karnhia moves to the top of the stairs and gifts the party with magically enhanced speed! At the same moment, Riddywhipple flies over her shoulder and fires a magical bolt at the madman!

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


EVeryone seems to speed up as Karnhia murmurs her spell! Riddy's missile hits the man and he sneers. Senzo's trip, however, seems poised to hit him, but hits some sort of strange ward around him!

He has a ward which gives anyone attacking him a -4 to your attacks!

He steps back five feet, his eyes ablaze with insanity and seems to concentrate, disappearing!

From the other room, a shadowy demonic form looking like a horned human skeleton smothered within a bone-tight hide of slimy leather launches itself from the vortex of hell and attacks Senzo!

Claw vs Senzo: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 for 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (4, 1) = 14 damage!
Claw vs Senzo, crit?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 additional damage!

Zora, Ferabras, Bodta are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras hurries across the room, then swings his blade in a flat arc in the last spot he saw the madman!

I don't recall exactly where Nahum was before he disappeared. If I can attack the square he stepped into, I'll do that. If not, I'll attack the demon. I'll convert another LOH to a Smite (3/8 LOH used today).

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Haste: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 = 36
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 8 + 9 = 33 If this is against the demon, add +8 more damage for the first attack vs an evil outsider
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 84

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Bodta blinks at the priest's disappearance, and blinks again at the demon attacking Senzo. He trusts the spellcasters to come up with some way to reveal the hidden, and he falls to his strengths...

Flying Kick strike allows me to move up to 20' during a full attack--which is exactly how far I am from the demon!

He takes a couple quick steps, and flies through the air, spinning and throwing a hooking heel at the demon. As he lands, his left sword hand comes across aiming at one side of the neck; then the hand snaps back into an elbow targeting the other side. Finally, a right punch drives toward the demon's middle

attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 <--THREAT!!
Haste attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The elbow is particularly effective, angling upward and cracking just under the thing's jaw! if a 29 doesn't confirm, I freakin' quit!!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Sorry, I'm having trouble getting access to internet with my laptop (and by that I mean, I've had none for the past week or so). Thanks for doing what I was going to do anyway, minus perhaps Kharnia precipitating initiative by telling him to go do many things with a rotten branch, a donkey, and a stick a rancid butter.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"....I did think I would want more of those scrolls," Zora says with a slow shake of her head. "Kharnia, do you know what blunts our friends' attacks...?"

Would there be some sort of check to identify the ward?

Zora chants a prayer and moves up to touch Senzo lightly on the shoulder.

Aid Temporary HP to Senzo: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 As well as +1 morale to all attacks and saves vs fear, Senzo

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

"I feel better already!"


Ferabras and Bodta tear into the demon, who dissolves into shadowy stuff, which trickles away! Zora prays for Senzo and Karnhia invents some new ways for Nahum to reproduce with himself. And a donkey.

ROUND 2:

Senzo and Karnhia are up!

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

If demon on the map is supposed to be there:

"Where'd that yellow bellied no good rotten ....." The curses spew at a hasted clip, allowing Senzo to exhaust his swears in both Dwarven and Taldane.

Using his newfound speed and mystical aid, he unleashes on the demon. He opens with a headbutt, then swings his elbow across the jaw. After the follow through he reverses and strikes with the same elbow coming back. The effects of the spell and his own training spur him further. He strikes with the web of his thumb in the demon's throat and then finally throws a knee to the groin.

Haste, Aid, Ki point, Stunning fist on the headbutt
Headbutt: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 27 for DMG if hit: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Left roundhouse elbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 16 for DMG if hit: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Left reverse elbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 23 for DMG if hit: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tiger's Mouth: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 24 for DMG if hit: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Knee: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 35 for DMG if hit: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

If the headbutt hits it's a DC 18 FORT or be stunned.

If demon on the map shouldn't be there:

"Where'd that yellow bellied no good rotten ....." The curses spew at a hasted clip, allowing Senzo to exhaust his swears in both Dwarven and Taldane.

Senzo steps into the room, and prepares a massive headbutt if he somehow sees/senses the erstwhile foe:
Headbutt: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 17 for DMG if hit: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 If the headbutt hits it's a DC 18 FORT or be stunned.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

OMB - just want to be sure you saw in my post that I was going to try to attack the crazy guy's square if it was not blocked by the demon. If it was impossible to do so, then I attacked the demon, but my preferred target was Nahum, on the assumption he turned invisible in that square.


He did, but he scarpered out of the square, so I had you go for the demon.


Anyone entering the southern room: Make a DC 20 Will Save, please. Failure means you become shaken and also take a –2 penalty on saves versus fear effects; the fear and penalty persists as long as the creature remains in the area. The room is a literal vision of hell, and feels real! Success means you can see through the illusion to the room beyond.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3
Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:
He did, but he scarpered out of the square, so I had you go for the demon.

Great, thanks. Fera is immune to fear, so I assume he wouldn't suffer the shaken effect if he goes into the room. Does he still need to make the save to see through any illusion?


Yes, only to see through the illusion. Otherwise it looks like a portal to a hellish version of Korvosa.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia steps out of the stairwell, looking into an empty room at the far end. Empty, of course, but for the nightmarish visions of Korvosa, none of which she wants anything to do with. "Not only are you a weakling fool, but you think mere parlor tricks are enough to deal with us?" she spits as she weaves her own spell.

Casting See Invisibility.

A mystical third eye opens, and his location appears clear as day. "Trust me. You should have stuck with being your caravan's cuckold. He's right there" she adds, pointing at a five-by-five area.

If there are any rolls I can make to figure what he's got going on in there, I will gladly make them.

A d20 for a knowledge check of the GM's choosing:

Knowledge (Something): 1d20 ⇒ 13


Karnhia:

He is standing int eh X-marked square. Judging by his odd assortment of things, you believe he is an occultist, who has been corrupted further by the dream planes. He now has nightmare-themed powers!


Nahum suddenly reappears as a lightning bolt lances out to arc through Bodta and Ferabras! Electricity, Reflex DC 19: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 2, 5, 2, 3, 1, 4, 5) = 31 damage!

Nahum gestures toward the room filled with the hellish vision of Korvosa. "This is what you're causing! This is the result of resistance! I could create paradise, but you wouldn't share your toys. NOW YOU BURN!" His eyes are wide and burn with madness!

Zora, Ferabras, Bodta are up!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora enters the room...

Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

...and her lips thin with reaction to the scene. "Hell," she says hoarsely, softly. "Pharasma.... is this a message of your final judgment for me? Do you feel I have failed your teaching so....?"

She tries to shake it off, but doubt assails her a moment. Still... there are wounded. And a madman.

Is our new friend casting spells with audible components? If so:

"Be silent," she says in little more than a whisper. "Be silent, damned souls, and be silent, you who damned them."

I'll cast silence in the corner of the room, which should get everyone in the inside of my yellow quarter-circle of terrible wobblyness. If the caster is NOT casting via audible components, I'll draw a wand and cast 'bless' on the party

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Reflex, DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 After Resist Electricity 5, Fera takes 26 damage.

Ferabras takes the full force of the madman's lightning bolt, though his infernal blood protects him from some of the power of the spell.
With the foe now in sight, Fera cries out, "Let's finish him!" He darts across the room with his magically enhanced speed and cuts at Nahum!

Swift action to use Battle Cry for same effect as bless, move into position, convert LoH to Smite, and attack with Smite. I realized I needed to use 2 LoH to get 1 Smite, so I now have 7/8 LoH used today.

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Haste, Battle Cry: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 21
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 11 + 8 + 9 = 33

Status: 45/71 hp, AC is now 30 vs Nahum

Pathfinders - you now have the effects of bless, don't forget!

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]
Zora Draznoi wrote:
Zora enters the room...

POINT OF ORDER: I think OMB is referring to the southernmost room, the one only Senzo is currently in, unless I'm mistaken--so for now, I'm guessing you're safe!

reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 <--dammit, I had such a cool visual in mind for Bodta's evasion...

The Oread is taken by surprise as the crazy becomes visible, and he takes the bolt full in the chest.

He drops to one knee & one hand, shakes his head, and settles his gaze on the caster. He jumps forward, with a vicious straightforward punch to the face (first strike of this match!! trying to stun the caster. He continues with a blur of strikes, making a single shout and ending with a percussive ki'ai as he tries to land his final punch.

Use 1 ki for extra strike. First strike is attempt at Stunning Fist.

attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 23 <--if this hits, Fort save DC 17 or stunned for 1 round
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Haste attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Ki attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Bodta is correct, it is only the southern room where the Dreamstone is that will require the Will save. The visions are creeping through the door, but they look like streamers instead of the solid portal in the southern room.

Fort Save Vs Stun: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The spell of silence falls over the room as Zora murmurs her command, but Ferabras utters a battle cry before the spell falls completely and attacks the insane man. Still, he barely hits his arm but cuts deeply! Bodta's fists find the man and seem to hit, but aside from his first blow, the rest seem to be blocked by a stony covering on the man's skin, which causes dust to rain with each blow! Nahum smiles at the monk's frustrated look! (Strangely enough, Ferabras' blow, though almost glancing, didn't seem to be impeded by the stone skin.)

Round 3:
Senzo, Karnhia
Nahum
Zora, Ferabras, Bodta

Senzo and Karhnia are up!

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple, confused by what Kharnia meant, emits a sound of realization. That opportunistic opponent of ours was invisible! How oblivious am I! he thinks to himself, before activating the wand once more.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia thinks to herself I really need to get him a better set of wands as she levels her pistol with the silenced occultist. "That'll only stifle the sounds escaping that sorry excuse of a mouth he has. He is one with the occult, adept of mind magics!"

She closes her eyes only for a brief moment as she sacrifices the memory of a spell before taking a shot.

Sacrificing Ray of Exhaustion for a +3 to my gun for 3 minutes.

Enervation (via gun): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22
Negative levels: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The spell crackles and hits him right in the torso, leeching vitality and precious life-force from the man.

"Want me to share more?"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Senzo comes tearing out of the room. He leaps, bounces off the frame with his right foot and turns that into a stunning crescent kick to the face!

Kick: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 26 for DMG: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 DC 18 FORT or be stunned.


Riddy's magic missile hits and bypasses the stony protection! Karnhia's bullet-spell hits and seems to drain the man of what color he has left. He makes a face as the spell strikes.

Senzo's kick strikes him, and despite being reduced by the stoneskin, sends the stricken man reeling. Fort vs Stunned: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 4 = 19 Still he shakes off the stunning with a herculean effort of will!

He concentrates and a small bead of electricity flows from a thighbone stuck in his belt and flies to between Karnhia and Zora and explodes into a ball of lightning, hitting everyone but stopping just short of himself! Reflex DC 19 for half: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 1, 3) = 11 electricity!

Zora, Ferabras, Bodta are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Very nice move, Karnhia! Four negative levels on the BBEG spellcaster is an excellent thing!

Reflex DC 19, Haste: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29 Rats! Would have liked that for an attack roll...but that's 5 damage, and Resist Electricity 5 takes care of that.

Fera sees the change in the madman's skin tone and thinks to himself in the silence, I don't know what Karnhia just did, but I know the madman didn't like it, so I approve! He then manages to avoid much of the blast of electricity, and his infernal blood shields him from the few fat, electric sparks that still hit him. With a fierce grin, he redoubles his attack, slashing at Nahum's stony skin!

Full attack with Haste, Smite, Power Attack and Battle Cry!

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Haste, Battle Cry: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 23
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + 8 + 9 = 36

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Haste, Battle Cry: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 21 Haste attack
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 11 + 8 + 9 = 34

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Haste, Battle Cry: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 26
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 11 + 8 + 9 = 35

Bite, PA, Smite, Haste, Battle Cry: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 28
Bite damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

If that all goes through like before, that's 123 damage. I'll take it!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia's Dodge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Kharnia dodges out of the way of the worst of the blast. "You seed-swilling wretch" she spits. "I'll feed you your pride. Whatever that might even look like."

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple's Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The fairy dragon's wing-eye coordination is not as good as it might seem. And Riddywhipple ends up taking the brunt of the electric ball.


Nahum reaches forward, his wounds knitting before your eyes! But Ferabras's sword finds tender parts and his mouth finds the vile man's throat! He pitches forward, to his knees, mouth opening and closing in the field of silence. He looks confused as he topples to the ground, dead.

COMBAT OVER!

Loot, which is largely ceremonial at this point: lesser talisman of arrow protection, lesser talisman of freedom, potions of cure serious wounds (2), scroll of stoneskin, scroll of shocking image; +1 mithral breastplate, mwk spider-leg sickle, cloak of resistance +1, headband of alluring charisma +2

In the closet you find ceremonial robes worth 200 gp, a small cabinet of tiny drawers containing 50 occultist implements worth a total of 500 gp, and a glass dome covering a mask of a thousand tomes.

The dreamstone still churns and floats in the far room. It seethes with built up energies, but Zora and Karnhia recall that the ritual that brought you to the dreamlands can be used, in combination with the Key, to create a portal that will destroy the Dreamstone once and for all.

The ritual takes some time, but once done you chant the words from the Lethargica Paginarum and a swirling maelstrom begins to build. Using the Clavus Somnus, you make a motion like inserting a key into a lock and turn it. The portal suddenly focuses, and following the directions in the book, cast the Dreamstone into the vortex. It hangs for a moment, still in the air, then is torn into a billion pieces as the vortex destroys it! A groaning sound, like an old oak tree in the wind, echoes through the dreamscape and you feel a sense of falling into blackness...

You awaken in Madame Carrington's parlor, your missing friends standing over you, looking worried. Giurescu, Madame Carrington's Phantom, smiles.

"Welcome home, friends and saviors! All across Korvosa people are awakening from the first good night's sleep they have had in ages, and it is all due to you! My love wishes me to thank you profusely for your good work and let you know that you will always be welcome in Old Korvosa!"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

"Well that wasn't so bad! ye shoulda called me and Bodta in the first place!" Senzo suddenly starts to look around suspiciously "Wait.... is this also a dream and we're being tricked into giving away Pathfinder Secrets?"

3,901 to 3,950 of 3,959 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.