OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,451 to 3,500 of 3,959 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

GM, how enraged are we? No longer using optimal tactics enraged, or just "gotta kill people" enraged?


Creatures forced by a song of discord to attack their fellows employ all methods at their disposal, choosing their deadliest spells and most advantageous combat tactics. They do not, however, harm targets that have fallen unconscious.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

OK. Just to check in to make sure this isn't too meta: I only moderately fear our monk friend as well as our rogue friend. But casters are bad news. The only thing I can think of is cast silence on Riddywhipple, then have him invisibly go and make sure Zora cannot cast, while I move away. However, the instant I do that I also break the song for all of us.

What are your thoughts?


It is meta, but it's also in line with what a clever caster would do. I say go for it. You got a good two-for on that one!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia's thoughts turn dark as betrayal is thick in the air. "I see... You all wish to kill me now, do you? Well then, the spirits of the Varisii will see to it your lying tongues will utter no more lies!"

She mutters a varisian incantation and points to Riddywhipple, who immediately goes invisible and moves up above Zora...


Suddenly the room goes silent and all minds seem to go back to normal, knowing what happened, but not entirely sure why it happened!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Only moderately fear? Tsk!

Garret is saying something, but no one can hear what it is.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Casters are OP my friend. Nerf magic missile!

Kharnia, realizing that the enchantment has been broken, emphatically points towards the front door so that they may retreat to a place where they can talk.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora blinks in the sudden absence of the need to kill everyone around her, shaken by the ordeal. Her pale eyes regard Karnhia's gesture, and she makes a wary way outside the silenced zone, hesitant in case she again succumbs once she can hear.

Mikail pauses only long enough to see if Zora seems re-affected, then lightly dashes after her.


Once outside the room, you discover no more reason to murder each other. Where is the silenced Riddywhipple?

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple will attempt to go fetch/drag our paladin.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Once out of the room, Kharnia shudders. "That music... It has turned us against one another. We need to stop it, but it isn't a spell..." She winces as she desperately racks her brain for a clue as to what it might be.


Riddywhipples struggles and finally drags the sleeping tiefling from the room, silently.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"What was that?" Zora asks, shaken by the experience. "I have never felt such rage. It is foreign to my nature. ...could we simply pass through the room while the silence holds?"

Channel to heal: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 6, 5, 2) + 1 = 27

As she speaks, Zora touches her holy symbol, bathing her and the others in warm soothing light.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras stirs as Riddywhipple drags him, and realizes that the maddening song has stopped - as has all noise around him. He gives his head a shake, quickly picks up his sword, and moves back into the entry room with his friends.

Once out of the silent space, he looks in puzzlement at the blood on his blade and asks, "Did I harm any of you? I recall striking Garret, but I don't know why I'd do such a thing. Mika, on the other hand..."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Yes, you hit me. And you can repay me by using my wand on me."

CLW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) + 3 = 16

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras drops to one knee at Garret's side, setting down his bloody sword and laying his hands on the halfling's shoulders. "My friend, I am shamed. I apologize from the depths of my heart for hurting you, and offer thanks to all that's holy for the fact that I did not kill you."

He takes up Garret's wand and heals him, applying the healing magic with thoughtful reverence, as if by this act he hopes to atone for what he has done to a friend and ally.

With Garret healed, Fera stands and says, "Shall we try another door, perhaps the double doors to the north? Or can we do as Zora says, and enter in magical silence? Do we know of any way to defeat the painting, as odd as that sounds?"

Edit: looks like Zora already channeled to heal, so you can probably save your wand charges, but I'll leave my post as is.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

I indeed missed the channel

Garret punches Ferabras on the shoulder, now that the tiefling is at his level "Oh, don't get all sentimental. The thing is that you did not kill me and we are fine now. But don't do it again!"

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

GM, do I know its a haunt? Should I be rolling knowledge (Religion)?


I think Zora can tell you it's a haunt now that she's feeling herself again.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia nods as Zora reveals the most salient points of the... Thing they encountered.

"How do we kill it?" she asks, nervously shifting from one leg to another.


Zora can supply that it will go dormant for a time, so if you give it a few minutes, you should be able to bypass it shortly.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Sorry about that!! Had some net problems. Fixed now.

Zora IS able to do everything the voice in the sky implied!

Kn Religion, mostly because I like rolling dice: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

"Haunts such as these... they take time to regenerate their necromantic energy. Let us let the effect run itself out, and then we should be able to safely bypass it."

Zora shakes her head to clear the lingering urges, and looks unhappy. She clutches at her spiral. "I apologize that I faltered from my dedication to my goddess there, companions. It will not happen again."

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia nods. "Well. I'd say we pass the time in a more pleasant fashion, but I doubt this place is meant for anything then giorgo madness. Let us look through other doors."

She crosses the way to inspect the door across from the one they were in. "Like this one."

Perception vs the Trap: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Karnhia checks the door, but finds nothing alarming about it. Opening it, she sees a strange sight. Fine velvet curtains drape the walls of this richly furnished theater. Four rows of wooden seats fill the room, and a fire-lit lantern projector stands at the rear. The lantern’s bronze latticework frame holds 8 circular glass slides that slowly revolve in front of the lens, projecting horrific images of multi-limbed fiends on a small screen, eerily illuminating the chamber.

I will be away from my computer 12/21-12/26. I will probably not be able to post, but we'll pick up after Christmas. Happy Holidays!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Motioning for her companions to come up and check the room out for another haunt or trap, Kharnia begins to look for magical auras.

Detect magic, holding for 3 rounds.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera moves up next to Karnhia, ready to step in front of her if any threat appears as she scans the theater for magic.

I moved everyone up to the door so we wouldn't be all scattered about, feel free to reposition tokens if you don't like where you are.


BACK! Merry Whatever Festive Winter Holiday you choose to celebrate, everyone!

Before Karnhia can get more than a round into her detection, movement flickers into being, stepping off the screen! You detect magic from the lantern that is projecting the image, and magic on something or someone sitting behind the lantern in shadows!

A pair of spiked fiends, interwoven through bodily cavities and impaling limbs, spin in a dance with their twin curved knives.

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Mikail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Foe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Twinned Fiend: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Round 1:
Foe!
Garret and Karnhia
Twinned Fiend
Zora, Mikhail and Ferabras

The unseen thing/person behind the projector murmurs a word of magic and disappears completely!

Garret and Karnhia are up!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

I don't know that I'd get even locations: round one of Detect Magic is presence/absence of magic.

The Varisian witch steps into the doorframe, and takes a good look at their opponent.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

"A curse on you vierme" she snarls, before giving him the feared Varisian evil eye.

Targeting saves, DC 19 Will or it'll last seven rounds without my cackle.

She then emits a mocking, lilting cackle, as if amused by her own words.

Like that one.


The two heads of the fiend, which Karnhia recognizes as an Adhukait Asura, what three pieces of information do you want? turn to glare at Karnhia. Will, dual mind: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 and Will, dual mind: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23, uses best.

Its saves are affected for 1 round, plus 1 for cackle.

Garret is up!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Only the juiciest pieces my wonderful GM. Failing that, some resistances and immunities will do.


Resistances:Acid and electricty. Immunity: curse effects, disease, flanking, poison. DR/good. SR. Weakest save: Fortitude.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Perhaps we should bot Garret? Has anyone heard from Magabeus?


I thought it was probably just the holiday travel season. We can give him a couple days, then bot him as needed.


Okay, let's do a roll-call. Sound off to let me know you're still around!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Still here! Also, I'm not in any hurry to finish, so long as we don't spend two years here. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

I’m around! Happy to keep things going. I’m on the busy side at the moment so a slower pace is okay for me.


No worries. Just wanted to verify everyone is on board before we move forward. Zora? Garret? Mikail?

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Had a busy few days but still here


Alright, I'm going to give everyone until Monday January 14 and get running again then!


Round 1:
Foe!
Garret and Karnhia
Twinned Fiend
Zora, Mikhail and Ferabras

Okay, does someone want to bot Garret?

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

I can give it a shot.

Garret nods and asks: "They immune to falling on their face?" And without further comment, moves on in , leaping over and under chairs before finally arriving face-to-face with the creature.

CMB vs Trip: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Dropping down low, he puts all his weight on one hand as he spins his body about, crashing his outstretched leg into the creature's.


As it turns out, they are not immune to being tripped! Garret knocks the fields down!

The twinned fiends hiss with anger! Concentration vs DC 25: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 They try to cast some sort of spell, but it fails! They content themselves with climbing to their feet, eliciting an attack of opportunity from Garret!

Zora, Mikhail and Ferabras are up!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Garret takes advantage of the opportunity; but cocky from his last blow, he instead miscalculates his attack.

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora will do her ever-exciting tactic of blessing her friends and allies, via the power of a magic stick.

Bless now up, enjoy your +1. Well done, psuedo-Garret. ;)

"Strike well, Pathfinders!" Zora cries.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

That was some quality botting, Karnhia!

A fierce smile spreads across Ferabras' red face, revealing shining black teeth spread in anticipation of destroying the twin fiends. With his blade held high, he hurries across the room!

Double move. Activate Smite Evil, AC is now 29 vs the fiend.


Garret misses the wily double-fiend, while Zora blesses the affair and Ferabras moves into position!

If someone could NPC Mikail?

Round 2:
Foe!
Garret and Karnhia
Twinned Fiend
Zora, Mikhail and Ferabras

From the projector comes a sound of movement and a whispered prayer! Zora recognizes it as a prayer of divine favor!

Garret and Karnhia are up for Round 2, and MIkail for Round 1!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Mikail darts in, rapier drawn. "Let's try and draw it a little forward if we can," he whispers to the others.[/b]

Single move, full defense

Zora frowns as she hears speech. "The projector... someone casts, behind it? Or through it?"


Zora thinks the speech came from behind the projector!

Garret and Karnhia are up!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia, incensed by the creature's continued existence, gives it the evil eye again! As she takes a timid step forward, her cackle is harsh and biting.

This time targeting AC. Same DC!. Move action to cackle and extend all related Evil Eyes by another round.

Garret, meanwhile, decides that prone was an excellent position for the creature to be in. He reaches out with one hand to pull the creature towards him, stepping out with one foot placed against a tender joint.

Flurry of Trip #1 vs CMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Flurry of Trip #2 vs CMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Flurry of Trip #3 vs CMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Replace attacks subsequent to whichever trips the creature with a good old fashioned unarmed strike to the face.

3,451 to 3,500 of 3,959 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.