OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,501 to 3,550 of 3,959 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple, shaking himself out of his surprised state, finally decides to activate the wand so kindly given to him by Kharnia.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Dual Mind Will: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25 and Dual Mind Will: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9!

The twinned fiend resists the evil eye, but it still sticks a little! -2 to Saves and AC for 1 round!

Garret trips the twinned fiend, and his subsequent strike deals 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage to it!

The Magic Missile seems to hit some resistance! SR check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 It fizzles before reaching the fiend!

The twinned fiend snarls from the ground and stands up, provoking from Garret! AoO vs Fiend: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage! It hisses, but seems undeterred! A kukri slashes at Garret! Kukri vs Garret: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 for 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage! Garret manages to deflect the slashing blade with ease!

Zora, Mikhail and Ferabras are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

The thing standing up will provoke from Fera as well.

As the demons scramble back to their feet, Fera strikes! He then takes a quick step to his left and continues to slash and bite at the unholy foe!

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 3 + 4 = 35 AoO
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 9 + 9 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6) + 11 + 9 + 9 + 8 = 47 Additional +8 from Smite on first successful attack on evil outsider

Five foot step, full attack!

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 16 - 3 + 4 = 22
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 + 9 + 9 = 34

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite: 1d20 + 11 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 3 + 4 = 19
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 11 + 9 + 9 = 36

Bite attack, secondary, Smite, PA: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 = 17
Bite damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Botting Mikhail

Mikail steps into the fray, stabbing fiercely at the twinned demons! His aim is good, and the strike pierces both of their bodies in one attack!

Five foot step, stabbity.

Rapier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Okay, maybe not that good, but I was excited about the crit threat
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"I hear you, you who are hiding and casting. Show yourself," Zora intones dispassionately-- while striding forward to level her spear at the fiend in a distracting attack.

Aiding Garret's next attack, DC 10, bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18 Success

Reminder that Bless is up, and Garret will get an additional +2 from me on his next attack

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

DM - I forgot to include Bless in Ferabras and Mika’s attack rolls, please add +1, especially to the bad rolls!


Between Mikail and Ferabras the twinned fiends go down, seeming to melt away like oil in water!

Round 3:
Foe!
Garret and Karnhia
Zora, Mikhail and Ferabras

The unseen opponent lets out a string of curses as the fiend dies! There is a shuffling sound and a man appears just after he launches an attack at Karnhia!

Spider leg sickle vs Karnhia FF!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 for 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (6, 2) = 15 damage!

It barely lands, but deals a nasty blow to the wandslinger!

Heroes are up!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Fera hurries past Zora to get to Karnhia's side, calling out, "You'll die just as your foul pet did! Tell us of this place, and perhaps you can avoid that fate!" To underscore his point, he slashes at the sneaky foe!

Move action to get in place, attack bad guy!

+2 Greatsword, PA, Bless: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 3 + 1 = 28
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 11 + 9 = 28

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Botting Mikhail

Mikail rolls his eyes in frustration as one target disappears and another appears across the room, stabbing Karnhia. He darts nimbly through the furniture strewn around the room, zips around Riddywhipple, and gives the new target a poke!

Move into position, going wide to avoid AoO, and stab.

Rapier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia spits a curse, this one a more... Mundane one.

GM my Flat footed AC is 14 with Mage Armor.

"You motherless whoreson, I will rend you asunder!" she snarls, grabbing a small figurine made of bones attached together by a small chain and squeezes it in her hand.

Boneshaker, DC 18 Fortitude please!

Bones break, bones shatter: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1, 2, 5, 4) = 21

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple scooches back and activates the wand anew, screeching indignantly at the once-invisible interloper.

Wand: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Meanwhile, Garrett interposes himself between the new foe and the fairy dragon. For a brief second it appears even as if he has closed his eyes.

Not so.

With a "KIAH!" Garrett lets loose a single punch to the man's knee joint!

CMB to trip!: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

That should trip...


Under the fury of blows, the doomed cultist falls to the ground, bleeding profusely.

Combat over!

A quick magic detection reveals that the slides on the projector are magical. They appear to function as a deck of illusions, though only another adhukait and two slides each featuring other types of asuras,
including an aghasura, tripurasura, and upasunda remain. The excommunicate man has scrolls of cure moderate wounds (3), scroll of
invisibility; +1 leather armor, mwk spider-leg sickles (2), ring of protection +1, and 38 gp.

An open doorway beside Zora leads into another room. Polished mahogany panels and wood floors end abruptly at weatherworn stone arches—old temple walls that frame the house’s center. A glittering glass butterfly mosaic spreads across the floor, the insect’s wings outstretched toward carved marble columns.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

I don't see any damage on anyone's stat lines, but short of going through the combat again I'm not 100% clear that's correct. As always please let me know if you're hurt, I have lots of heals.

"A shame... this building was once so beautiful," Zora says, and then pauses in a slightly uncertain way. "If it is real in any way. And not merely a function of dreams. Desna's iconography is here-- I wonder if the lady of dreams holds some sway here even if it is a manner of nightmare."

She helps collect the items. "This ring should go to someone likely to be in danger." Do any of our frontline need a ring of prot?

Karnhia should take the scroll of invis; I'll take 1 of the scrolls of cure mod if Ferabras wants the other two.

Zora looks for magic in the room with the butterfly. Detect magic

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"I have my doubts that any of this is real, Zora," Fera observes, "though the madmen and monsters that defend it seem to believe in it fervently enough." He strides into the room with the butterfly mosaic, eyes peeled for whatever horror might leap out of the corners next.

DM - can we see the blood that seems to be up on the stage on the map?

I don't need the ring. I'll take the scrolls of cure mod, though I will probably forget to use them as Fera focuses more on killing things.


You can see the blood, though the staged altar area is in dim lighting.

Magic detection reveals nothing at first, but the sudden sound of high-pitched childish laughter echoes through the room!

"Look! New friends come to play with us!"
"They look grim and dark and mean."
"Will they play? They don't look like they play."
"I bet they'll play if we ask nicely..."

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora turns with a frown to the sound of the voice. "We are not here to play," she begins, sternly, but then seems to think better of it.

"...yet perhaps we will, if the game is a proper one. I always like to meet my playmates first. Will you come out and show yourselves to us? I will give the first person to do so a prize," Zora says, and reaches towards her belt pouch.

Attempted diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36


The voices laugh and titter. "A prize? Does it bleed?"
"I bet it does if we poke it enough!"
"The last one bled for ever so long."
"I bet these will bleed for far longer! They're so much bigger!"

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Oh, do come and give me a poke, you nasty creatures," Fera replies, his tone low and growling. "I shall return it tenfold." He takes a few steps backward, all the while scanning the room for whatever evil lurks hidden there.

Move action to get to southern wall, then use Detect Evil to scan the whole area between Fera and the north wall. I won't be able to locate them precisely if they're invisible, but at least I can get a number and approximate area if they continue to do their evil chatter thing.


Ferabras' scan seems to indicate the presence of at least four strong evil signatures, before they scatter!

"He wants a poke, the pointy one!"
"Poke him, sisters?"
"Poke him with teeth and blade!"
"Drink his polluted blood, sisters!"

Any other actions?

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Someone want to join me in this room to take on these evil things (which may be pretty tough if they radiate strong auras)? Or should I back out to where you are?

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Heh, you're the only melee person not currently being botted, probably why we forgot to move the others in. But yes, I definitely want to join you~

Zora's attempt at persuasion vanishes with a shrug, and she returns a few gold coins to her pouch. Impassive once more, the Pharasmin enters the room after Ferabras, and sketches a spiral.

"Nothing is hidden from the Lady of Graves."

Casting invisibibilty purge. Radius 40 feet. That will cover the whole of the butterfly room.

"Come out, come come, wherever you are," Zora adds drily, while Mikhail and Garret move in as well.


Suddenly four child-like forms appear! A bloody, tooth-filled mouth that looks almost like a horrific gash gasps in the neck of this pale, childlike horror.

I'll give everyone a chance to place their tokens, then we'll go into initative!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Happy with my placement since I had to be there to get the whole room. I moved Mikhail and Garret in. So unless someone else wants them standing somewhere differently that's where they are.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia shrugs at Zora's words. "The traveler among the stars holds sway in many places dragul meu. But she isn't the only one. Things that have no age sleep in the lands between, and careful travelers do well to avoid their still forms." She extends her hand and grabs the scroll, adding for Ferabras' benefit: "Reality is unimportant in the lands we walk. What matters is the truth of things. And the truth is that we bleed just as well here as in the "real world"."

Garett already has a ring of protection. Perhaps it would be best suited on Zora's person?

She pauses and ponders what might be hidden in the depth of the dark room. Best to leave those who have a glib tongue do the talking. But as their rhymes become more threatening, she steps into the room, a distasteful moue on her face. "And now, little children, now we finish the story."

Did I cast that Boneshaker?

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

(I wouldn't turn DOWN the ring :P )

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Turn down... for what?

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

As his companions move into the room to join him, Fera steps away from the wall. When Zora causes the childlike horrors to become visible, a fell grin crosses the paladin's face and he says, "Thank you, Zora. Pharasma's magic will be of great help in sending these cursed souls to their proper place of rest."

Moved Fera's token forward a bit, ready to go.


Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Mikail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Foe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Round 1:

Evil children
Heroes!

The now exposed evil child-shaped fiends hiss and spit at you! Like pack animals, they surge forward, drawing wicked short blades as they go! Each one seems to radiate an aura of impending doom, filling the room with the feeling! Will Save DC 18 or be shaken!

Blue vs Garret: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (2) = 8 damage and Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4 on your turn!

Red vs Ferabras: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (3) = 9 damage and Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 2 on your turn!

Orange vs Ferabras: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (1) = 6 damage and Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 3 on your turn!

Green vs Zora: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (5) = 8 damage and Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 1 on your turn!

Heroes are up! Relevant knowledge is Planes!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Zora hisses slightly at the pain of the blade biting into her, but she shows no fear.

Planes?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

I'd like to see the results of that check before I act


You recognize this as a vulnadaemon! These deceptive daemons personify death resulting from murder accented with betrayal. Most often formed from the souls of evil creatures killed by family or friends, vulnudaemons spread their insanity throughout the worlds by deceiving and killing all creatures they meet.

One more question!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

DM - I assume the aura of impending doom is a fear effect? If so, Fera is immune and everyone else in the party (since they're all within 10 feet) gets a +4 to the save. I'll roll a save in case it's somehow not a fear effect.

Edit: it seems bless would still be up from the last fight also, let's remember that in our attack rolls!

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Fera pays no heed to the aura of doom and despair emanating from the foul daemons, choosing instead to slash and bite at them!

Full attack, start with green, then move to orange if green goes down.

+2 Greatsword, PA, Bless: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 3 + 1 = 33 Crit threat
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 11 + 9 = 24

+2 Greatsword, PA, iterative: 1d20 + 11 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 3 + 1 = 17
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4) + 11 + 9 = 29

Bite attack, secondary, PA: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 5 - 3 + 1 = 21
Bite damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 3 + 1 = 32
Crit damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2) + 11 + 9 = 28

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Bless might be unlikely, since I'm doing it from a wand and that means just a single minute. I mean, I might do it again, haha. GM: Special Attacks?


The aura of doom is not called out as a fear effect. In fact it doesn't have the usual tag, 'this is a x, x, -affecting effect' at all. But you beat the save, so you're safe.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

No special attacks, then? :P Sorry, was waiting to see if there was any data. I'll go here and bot Garret and Mikhail, I guess!

Looks like the attack would hit Garret's FF AC, so he is now bleeding 4, down 12 total. Here's his Will save vs Shaken:

Garret: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Garret not shaken
Mikhail: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Mikail shaken

"Vulnadaemons," Zora intones seriously, stepping backward. "Evil beings. Obviously. Murderers and betrayers. Strike well, friends."

She clutches her bleeding arm, but uses the other hand to draw the wand and invoke bless again.

"Thanks, Zora. I'll see what I can do," Garret deadpans. He steps up to stand side by side with Ferabras and tries to trip several of the enemy.

Flurry of trips, starting on orange, if successful he moves on to red, if successful onto blue:

Trip, Bless: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Vicious stomp AOO if that trips orange (versus prone): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Trip, Bless: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Vicious stomp AOO if that trips red (versus prone): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Trip, Bless: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Vicious stomp AOO if that trips blue (versus prone): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The halfling's small foot moves in a blur!! Sweeping the feet out beneath the enemies and then kicking them viciously when they fall. It's very impressive. The sight makes Mikail try to bolster himself despite his sudden nerves.

"...well.... if you guys think we can do it," Mikail says nervously, and tries to maneuver into position with Ferabras.

Mikail's shaken acrobatics to avoid AOO from green: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 2 = 31

Mikail tumbles with grace! But he still reaches the desired spot, and thrusts his rapier at the back of the disgustingly-green-hued 'child.'

Rapier attack, flank, bless, shaken: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 15
Damage, including sneak attack: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (5, 3, 4) = 24

If that hits he'll penalize targets attacks, -2/-4


Sorry, busy day and my attention is everywhere. They have Bleed on their attacks and sneak attack!

Green and Orang fall under Ferabras' assault with cries of anguish!

Garret moves on to trip and stomp Red and Blue, but not all his damage seems to get through!

Blue and Red remain. Karnhia is up!


Karnhia? Yoo hoo?

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

I am so sorry. Taking my turn now!

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

Kharnia stands poised to cast haste, until she realizes that Ferabras is making short work of them. Disgusted, she instead mutters the fateful words: "Oasele se sprague, oasele se frânge, oasele se rupe. Die, planar wormling."

Targeting blue.

Spell Resistance?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage, Fort DC 18 for half: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 6, 5, 4) = 19

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple activates the wand, and magical projectiles rush towards the same target as her mistress!

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
SR check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Karnhia's spell and Riddywhipple's wand deal damage to the evil creature!

Round 2:

The evil things attack! Blue steps to flank Garret and Red and Blue concentrate fire on him!

Blue Short sword vs G: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (5) = 9 damage plus 1d4 ⇒ 3 bleed!
Blue Short sword vs G: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (3) = 8 damage plus 1d4 ⇒ 1 bleed!
Blue Bite vs G: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10 for 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3) = 6 damage!

Red Short sword vs G: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (2) = 6 damage plus 1d4 ⇒ 2 bleed!
Red Short sword vs G: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (4) = 7 damage plus 1d4 ⇒ 4 bleed!
Red Bite vs G: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 for 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1) = 5 damage!

Red Short sword vs G POssible Crit: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 additional damage!

Heroes are up!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Garret, wincing as the short swords bite deep into his flesh, moves out of his precarious position and lashes out!

Trip vs Red, Bless: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24
Vicious stomp AoO: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Trip vs Blue, Bless: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Vicious stomp AoO: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Scissor kick vs Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Kharnia meanwhile decides to take a different approach.

GM, with my knowledge roll, are they immune to sleep effects? If they aren't I'd like Blue to give me a fragrant Will save DC 19 or fall asleep.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Did Garret not trip blue last turn? If blue is moving that's standing, provoking, etc. Will manage my turn shortly (and Mikail) but wanted to clarify that


He did! Sorry, it's been a few days. Remove the flanking bonus and the +1d6 from each attack from Red and you get an AoO on Blue as he stands up and can take only one attack!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Ferabras, you get an AOO on blue as well when he tries to stand

Garret's AOO, vs prone AC, bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Zora, annoyed at the bleeding affecting her and the others, channels...

Healing: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 6) + 1 = 33 ...I believe that should fully heal all damage taken this fight. That was a nice channel.

...and Mikail rushes to help take advantage of positioning!

Single rapier attack vs red, who might be prone, flank bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 29 Potential critical due to keen
Confirm?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Damage, sneak attack: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (4, 1, 1) = 17
Plus additional damage if the 22 confirms: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"Ha!" cries Mikail, as he befuddles the foe's strikes. -2/-4 to attacks from Red

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

As the prone foe struggles to its evil little feet, Fera slashes at it powerfully! He then cuts and bites at whichever enemies still stand!

AoO on Blue, then attack blue until it's dead, then switch to red.

+2 Greatsword, PA, Bless: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 3 + 1 = 25 AoO on Blue
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 9 = 25

+2 Greatsword, PA, Bless: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 16 - 3 + 1 = 30
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6) + 11 + 9 = 29

+2 Greatsword, PA, iterative: 1d20 + 11 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 3 + 1 = 17
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 11 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6) + 11 + 9 = 27

Bite attack, secondary, PA: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 5 - 3 + 1 = 12
Bite damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Between the swipes and slashes, the two fiend are put down and dissolve into greyish goo in front of your eyes!

Combat over!

Discussion moment: Magabeus, Garret's player, is going through some personal issues and has left the boards for the foreseeable future. Mikhail's player is MIA. What do we want to with them? We're still pretty early in the session, as it goes, if you want to find replacements.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

I can give you my last known update from Mikhail's player: working insane hours.

If we are not doing any new players any disfavors with regards to their chronicle sheets, I'm not opposed to getting a couple people in.


When was the last update you had from him?

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Before Xmas at least. I don't think his situation will be getting better soon, although I do hope he doesn't work himself to death.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Also not opposed if they don't get stiffed on chronicle rewards, etc

Zora looks satisfied. "Well done. A quick dispensation of a vile threat. Is anyone yet hurt?"

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

I'd agree, if new players don't lose out on chronicles, it would be good to bring some people on board. I've got a friend (reliable veteran PbP'er) who has been expressing interest in playing more modules, I can reach out to him.

"I am unhurt, Zora, thank you - though I am puzzled," Ferabras replies. Gesturing at the carnage before him, he wonders aloud, "We are in the land of dreams, but what sort of person dreams of such horrors? Demonic little children, horrific paintings, what will we run into next?"

3,501 to 3,550 of 3,959 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.