OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


3,551 to 3,600 of 3,959 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

We're only a couple encounters in, so I don't see them getting stiffed. I'd love to wait for the others, but honestly it's been a while and I'd rather have players ready to play. Ferabras, why don't you reach out to your friend?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Dotting. Will make intro when appropriate.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"They never even got close" offers Kharnia with a smile that wants to be sly but turns bitter quick. "These
Drac revoltător
being here is more disturbing than their brief lives. I did not expect this realm to be kind to us, but this..."
she gestures about, helplessly. "We must find Doana Carrington soon" she concludes somberly as Riddywhipple lands on her shoulder.


Bodta and Senzo:
The Society is getting nervous. A month ago it sent some veteran agents to investigate a missing agent, and now informants on the ground are reporting a strange dream plague and Venture Captain Von Maur is worried. He slides a sheaf of paper containing drawings of the agents and descriptions. "They're good agents, competent and capable. But they may have gotten in over their heads. Informants tell me the dream plague is getting worse and there's talk of quarantining Old Korvosa again. After the recent unpleasantness, this is troubling. I've arranged teleportation for you to Old Korvosa. Ask around and see what you can find out. Render any aid you can and report back as soon as you know something." After you're given time to gather your belongings, you're teleported directly to a back room of a brewery the Venture Captain owns in the city.

Asking around on the ground, you meet a lot of weary and bleary faces, faces that clearly haven't slept in a while. Finally near the docks you strike gold - a woman saw those very people helping a young girl whose father was murdered. She tells you that they took the young woman to Madame Carrington's - a local medium who seems to have some power to resist the dream plague. You arrive at Madame Carrington's shop to find a strange scene: the missing agents arranged on reclining couches, all seemingly deep asleep but alive. You move to check a young man you know as Mikail and the halfling known as Garret, but no sooner do you shake them than you suddenly feel like you're falling!

You open your eyes to find yourselves in front of a decrepit old house in a strange mist-filled place. An imposing manse rises from a radius of wood comprised of the splintered remains of dozens of destroyed hovels. Thick black ivy crawls across the walls of the house, and gnarled oaks reach from the surrounding waste like dark,
crooked fingers. The door hangs open...

Inside, Mikail and Garret suddenly start, and disappear! They face from view while from outside you hear a startled exclamation of surprise!

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

"Buddy, I don't know what in Desna's drawers we just walked into, but I'm getting too old for this crap. Dream sickness? That's a new one." He slaps the oread on the arm and it sounds like a hammer hitting a rock.

Senzo boldly enters the house, looking about for someone to explain what's going on.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras looks around in alarm as two of his companions vanish! "Garret! Mika!" he exclaims. "Where have you gone?" He hurries to the spot where Mikail stood, a desperate look on his face, and cries out, "Mika! Where are you? We have been through so much together, I will find you!"

Turning to Karnhia and Zora, his expression grim, he says, "Unless one of you know what has happened to our friends, I say we investigate that sound outside - and cut down whoever it is, if they have harmed Mika and Garret."

He strides fiercely towards the front door of the house, his yellow eyes narrowed in anger and his bare blade leading the way!

Moved Mike and Garret off to the side of the map, and my token to the front door.

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Bodta takes the dwarf's blow without flinching. His ugly brow furrows in even deeper crevasses than usual. In his thickly accented voice (think Ivan Drago from Rocky 4) [/b]Yes, Senzo. Is very strange. Pathfinder leaders seem to send us in places to keep us from getting bored, no?[/b]

The oread follows directly on the dwarf's heels, watching their backs in this strange place, while he trusts his companion to warn him of danger form the front.

OMB: do we hear the calling-out of Ferabras?

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia gasps in shock. "What the..."

Any knowledge that would be applicable to figuring out what the heck just happened in game?

As she tries to piece together what has happened, the varisian woman quickly starts after Ferabras before the group gets separated.


You think they were just woken up, which means they've been removed from the dreamscape.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"Ferabras draga, I don't know if the noise has anything to do with our friends disappearing. The way they left... It's as if they were woken up from the dream we are a part of. Whatever is in the dream of antic Korvosa... We'll have to see if if can wake up our friends and dream on..." comments Kharnia as she draws her pistol.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Oh, just noticed I was ninja'd a while back by Senzo. Will try to adjust a bit.

Fera's calms some as Karnhia explains what has happened to the small, vanished Pathfinders. "I am relieved to hear it," he responds, his eyes relaxing to their normal appearance, as great yellow orbs within a crimson-skinned face. He still grips his blade tightly, however, as he reaches the front door and says, "But we should still see what those sounds were, for I trust this place not at all."

As he reaches the door, he spots two figures who do not seem to be made of horrific nightmares - a pleasant change from everything else they've encountered in this house. What Senzo and Bodta see is a broad-shouldered figure that looks as much demon as human, his crimson skin criss-crossed with dark scars and strange, slender horns protruding from the top of his head. His fearsome teeth and long claws appear to be made of the blackest obsidian, and a sinuous, barbed tail protrudes from the figure's beautifully crafted plate mail.

"Who are you?" he asks firmly, his sword held low. "Do you live in this strange dream-land, or are you visitors from elsewhere, like my friends and I"

As he speaks, he concentrates carefully on the two figures, as if studying their souls.

Went ahead and started our interaction, hope that works for everyone. Doing a little Detect Evil to give a basis for him to trust these strangers - I hope neither of you have a reason to pop as evil!

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora follows Ferabras, her hands raised placatingly. She is a black-haired woman with skin so pale it can legitimately be called white, and eyes the same milk-white, with no signs of either pupil or iris. She is wearing the gray robes of a Pharasmin, and a wooden spiral dangles from her neck-- next to a wayfinder.

"I second my colleague's query. So far we have no reason to trust anyone here, and two of our number have just disappeared. Are you responsible?"

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Bodta stops advancing, places right hand in left palm, and bows smartly, staying bent at the waist for a beat. Noting both the faces that I’m assuming match the descriptions were looking for and the Wayfinder, he rumbles Greetings Pathfinders

He straightens, and keeps his hands open and visible. Speaking in a clipped cadence, he explains I am Bodta, and this is Senzo. We were sent by Venture Captain Von Maur to investigate some type of sleeping plague. We woke two of the agents—your companions, presumably—and we appear to have succumbed ourselves. You may do what you wish to determine if we are trustworthy...then perhaps we can assist you?

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Senzo points at Bodta. "What he said." The dwarf looks around with an expression that somehow melds revulsion and curiosity. "Seriously. What in Cayden's Codpiece are we doing?"

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Fighting evil in a land unlike our own," Fera responds simply to Senzo's question. "As to whether you are trustworthy, Bodta, I have looked into your souls and found no evil there. And you present yourselves as Pathfinders, who come willingly into this place to assist us. That is enough for me."

He considers a moment longer, then says, "As I'm sure we've all experienced, on occasion a venture captain's briefing leaves out choice details. As we sought to put an end to the sleeping plague you mention, Bodta, we came to work with a respected medium, by the name of Madame Carrington. The poor lady's mind was stolen by a night hag, and is somewhere in this realm of dreams. We are here to recover it."

Gesturing at the door to the west, the tiefling warrior continues, "Through there we found a portrait that spoke, claiming to be the master of this place, and offering to release Madame Carrington's mind in exchange for certain items. When we refused, its magic drove some of us mad - to my shame, Karnhia had to use her magic to put me to sleep, to prevent me from killing my companions. In short, that is a dangerous, untrustworthy painting." After a brief pause, a quick smile quirks up the corner of Fera's mouth and he adds, "which is not a sentence I ever expected to hear myself say."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

"Right. Well, so now what? Do you need me to shuto the painting?"

Senzo chuckles a bit, "I find most of my sentences are sentences I never expect myself to say. Talking isn't my thing."

He cracks his knuckles, "So do you guys have a current plan?"

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Dis painting claims to have Madame Carrington's mind? Is very strange...but so is whole situation. And this is also sentence that is new to me! Perhaps Senzo and I will try to learn lay of land here, and aid when we can?

Bodta is clearly ill at ease in this strange place--but is also clearly relieved to find other Pathfinder allies.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia shrugs, holstering her gun as she does so. "Plans usually mean that there is some deep understanding of what is at hand. Unfortunately for us giorgo we know even less than a Taldane nobleman with plans for the future." She offers her hand. "I am Kharnia. He is Ferabras. The quiet one is Zora. Offend her only if you wish to be in the slow lane in the Boneyard" she adds with a conspiratorial wink.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora gazes blankly at Karnhia. "That would be a failure of my duties and a desecration to my goddess," she says in her dispassionate tones, though her brows are slightly knit.

"Welcome, Bodta, Senzo. I am pleased that Mikail and Garret are unhurt. If all else fails they can carry the news of our situation to the Society, perhaps.

"We should carry on, however. I feel it is unwise for our souls to linger overly long in this... dream realm. Be wary of tricks, Pathfinders."

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Ah, yes, forgive me," Ferabras says, with a bow of his horned head, "I am Ferabras, as Karnhia says." With a nod to Bodta, he continues, "If you can learn the lay of the land here, I look forward to you explaining it, as it seems to shift and wobble about when one is not looking at it. But any aid you can offer will be appreciated."

He turns his head and looks off into the distance a moment before speaking quietly, as if speaking only to himself, "Though I will miss our small friends, particularly Mika and his clever fingers and occasionally clever wit."

Squaring his shoulders, he speaks up again in a firm voice, "As to a plan, I say we continue the direction we were going, explore the rest of this bizarre house, and then go once again to confront the painting. We must think carefully about how to protect ourselves from its maddening magic - for I would hate to kill our newly-met colleagues, or any of you, for that matter."

How about we head to the room on the northeast corner of the map, where we still haven't been, then head west?

Also, I made some shiny new round tokens for our new arrivals. Map is linked above the DM's name, if you hadn't seen it yet.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

Senzo gives each teammate a nod, and then steps into the house. "Tell me where to go. I'm pretty quick for a dwarf, so I can catch up."

Senzo, despite his immense opinion of himself, knows that a party has a flow to it. He tries to take up the best position to fit, and quietly at that. If someone points to a door, he'll take up a position just behind the heavily armed paladin.


Busy day today, will update tomorrow.

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Bodta bows to each of the party. He pulls out a wand. Any arcane caster, able to cast Mage Armor, please use wand on me. Feel free to use yourself, too 1 hour. I'll make my profile AC accurate!


Back into the House, you head to the room with the dead child-fiends. As you enter, you hear a voice growl throughout the air. "FOUL INVADERS. YOU KILLED MY CHILDREN AND I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE." The voice sounds gravelly but distinctly feminine.

From the end of the room, where a stage sits, something stirs. Below the looming rock face of the Old Wall stands a raised wooden dais holding a stone altar. The scattered and bloody remains of a strange tusked creature are spread everywhere, its torn limbs and entrails strung up in a gory lattice. Its deadeyed head leers disturbingly, from the altar, its tongue lolling from its dislocated jaw.

Knowledge Nature DC 18:
This poor creature was a baku, a dream eater. Bizarre creatures that feed on thoughts, bakus stay hidden from humanoids and feed on their creativity and dreams as well as their fears and nightmares. Bakus rarely encounter others of their kind, living largely solitary lives. Some sages speculate the creatures are not born, but rather spontaneously manifest as if spun from dreams, nightmares, and creative thoughts. Bakus are about 5 feet long and weigh 100 pounds.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

As the threatening voice speaks, Ferabras positions himself between his fellow Pathfinders and the gory stage, his sword held before him defensively. "Karnhia, any idea what's going on? Or what that thing on the stage was before it ended up in this gruesome display?"

As he speaks, he scans the far end of the room for the presence of evil.

Detect Evil from Fera's position to north end of room.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia, returning the wand of Mage Armor after having made use of it on the oread fighter, raises an eyebrow.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"That. Is a baku. Was a baku. They usually hide from people like us, feeding on our creativity, dreams and nightmares. They are solitary creatures, at least that is what the wise women say. They also say that they are not born, but spun out of the same dreams, nightmares or creative thoughts they feed on fully formed."

With that roll, any thoughts as to how it died? Natural predators that would kill it? Or is that a predictable outcome if you are in the presence of daemons?

"As for that voce rahat, it could be many things."


Ferabras:
A strong evil presence is coming from the corpse itself. You think it might be undead.

The poor baku seems to have been killed and mutilated by the vulnadaemons you fought in here. They seem to have made its death long and painful.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Do the wise women say if such a creature can be both dead and alive at the same time?" Fera asks his Varisian friend. "For this corpse gives off a strong evil. I believe it is undead, and must be destroyed."

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Would the GM like me to make shi... Stuff up, or is there a definitive answer to that question?

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

"Do you need us to break some bones? I'm NOT much of an undead fan."

Senzo stretches his arms and legs, speaking in a nonchalant voice, despite the macabre scene.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora's deathwatch should still be up, so if the baku detects as undead to her...

Zora pauses, her already dispassionate expression turning to something cold and foreboding. "It is, in fact, undead. One moment. The Grave Goddess will now be honored."

Zora strides forward, nearer the stage. She adjusts the silken grey gloves that are upon her wrists, touching the eye symbol surrounded by a spiral that serves on each. Gray mist begins to trickle from her eyes. She grips her holy symbol with one hand and points at the central part of the baku with her other... and life explodes from her finger in a blinding white ray..

Ranged touch attack vs... the undead baku?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Channel damage to harm undead, I believe no save: 6d12 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 12, 3, 7) + 3 = 33 Disappointingly low damage for 6d12...

"YOU WILL BE PURGED," she intones with her currently-blinded eyes flashing bright white, in answer to the voice that speaks of them as intruders.

(Zora is using ghostvision gloves, which are kind of a weird niche item that I believe negates the need for the save vs the damage if the ranged attack hits

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

As Zora declares the creature as undead, Bodta's fists clench, but he shows no other outward signs of readiness or trepidation. The oread stays with Zora as she approaches the probably corpse, putting his back slightly to hers as she deals with this...thing...and watching the area mainly to the wast for approaching threats.

Glancing about, he catches sight of Zora's unique manifestation of turning undead, and he stops to watch it for a moment. After the deed is done, he points to her eyes, then to his own. Tipping his head to slight angle, he asks quietly Does it hurt? When you...do dat?


Feel free to make sh!t up as needed. Zora's deathwatch is indeed registering the baku corpse as undead. I don't see anything in the ghostvision gloves that negates the save for channeled energy, though.
Am I missing something?

The channeled blast hits the baku! It screams! Will vs DC 20: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 4 = 34 Though it seems to slough off some of the damage!

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Bodta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Senzot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Foe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Round 1:
Baku Zombie
Heroes!

The baku, mutilated and tortured, lumbers to its feet, floating just over the altar. Its entrails twitch and writhe and suddenly, it disappears from view!

Heroes are up!

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

"Dang it! I hate when they do that. Someone wiggle their magic fingers!" Delaying

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Why must everything we fight in this room be invisible?" Ferabras groans.

Also delaying, in the hope that Zora or Karnhia can reveal the thing's location.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Fair enough re gloves, it was just my reading of how it deals 'the damage'. Your ruling is also fine!

"I can still see it," Zora intones in her dispassionate way, though her voice is currently edged. She draws forth a scroll, reads it, and the baku is once again visible.

(scroll of invisibility purge, caster level 5, so all things within 35' of me--Zora can still see the baku as per the gloves so if the baku has moved outside of that range she would not waste the scroll there)

"To answer your question: it does not hurt, but it would not matter if it did... Pharasma's service sometimes demands pain."

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"Can a dream truely be ali... What the?" exclaims Kharnia, as she fumbles to find a relevant spell.

Aaaaand, I don't have See Invisibility prepared. Fantastic. Do we want Haste?

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

waiting for ruling whether Invisible Purge works for us...


The baku is suddenly revealed, still floating above the altar!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

DM - as the self-appointed protector of the group, Fera would have moved up with Zora when she went to zap the baku, I just didn't see that was happening as I was posting on my phone previously. I'll roll an attack on the presumption that minor retcon is okay. If you're not okay with it, I'll just double move.

Karnhia - I think we're probably okay without haste, but I tend to be very stingy with limited resources. Go for it if you feel like it!

With the undead creature visible again, Fera hustles up the altar steps, his platemail clanking. When he's in reach, he slashes at the unholy horror!

Move action to get onto altar, standard to attack with Smite Evil!

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 16 - 3 + 4 = 33
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 16 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 + 16 + 9 = 38 Doubled smite damage for first successful hit vs undead

Well, that's minimum damage, but it's still decent.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

How high above? Senzo gives a tremendous kiai as he enters a Dragon Style kamae and charges through his teammates to throw a powerful flying side kick! Stunning fist! DC 18 negates

Flying Side Kick: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 = 27 for DMG: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Ferabras, that's fine. Senzo, just inches above the altar's surface. Gore is dripping from it onto the altar.

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Suddenly seeing the monstrosity appear again, Bodta's clenched fists open swift action: Snake Style immediately jumps from his slight crouch to also throw a flying side kick. Upon landing, his hands fly, with two spear-hand uppercuts at the beast's guts.

Flying Kick style strike allows for up to 20' move during a Flurry of Blows (as long as it's a kick)

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 <--THREAT!!
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

THREAT CONFIRM: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

IF IT TARGETS ME...its first attack against me will be vs. AC
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 <--due to Snake Style. (all subsequent attacks vs. normal 23 AC )


Ferabras' greatsword strike hits hard, followed by Senzo's flying kick and Bodta's flurry of blows! Senzo's stunning fails, as the undead creature is beyond the realm of stunning!

Karnhia?

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

So am I, but I just spent a special with the ability to cast Haste and never did so... I might have a case of trigger-finger.

"Tunet și dispreț, pârâi și furtună, carnea ta se poate topi sub atacul meu, născut în fulgere" hisses Kharnia, who has had enough of this house's deception, moving up so as to avoid catching anyone else in the bolt of lightning emanating from the barrel of her gun.

I will take a casual DC 20 Reflex save from our friend. Hopefully it won't roll a 20.

Electrical Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 6, 3, 4, 2) = 22


SR check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 The lightning bolt fizzles as it hits the undead baku!

ROUND 2:

The baku moans, a piteous sound of pain and anguish that tugs at your hearts. It claws at Ferabras and slams and tries to gore Bodta!

Claw vs F: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage! As a swift action, Ferabras feels his mind being assaulted! DC 22 Will save or take 1d4 ⇒ 1 intelligence drain!
Claw vs F: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage!
Bite vs B: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage!
Gore vs B: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage!

Heroes are up!

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Unchained Monk 8 (HP: 100/100 Ki: 5/8), Init: +7, AC: 24 T: 22, FF: 24, Perception +15, F: +12, R: +10, W: +7, CMB: +11, CMD: 29

"Ye durned fool. Once yer dead, yer supposed to STAY dead!" I know it's low over the ground but floating. Is it on our level though? Asking to see if Senzo should shout to Bodta to flank.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

I didn't really want that spell anyway.

Seeing her spell fizzle, Kharnia gives the creature the Evil Eye.

Targetting AC.

Grand Lodge

M Oread U Monk 7 Init: +2 HP: 34/67 AC: 20 (T 18 FF 18); Per 14; Ki 4/7 SF 6/7
FoB:
[dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+14[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/dice] [dice=attack]d20+9[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+6[/DICE]

Bodta takes in Ferabas' mighty swing, and recognizes the warrior is smiting & probably doesn't need much help. so he shifts over to flank the creature with Senzo. The Oread launches a flurry, striking with an overhead hammerfist, a rising elbow, and an instep kick.

attack: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

attack: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36 <--THREAT!!
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

THREAT CONFIRM: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 2 = 34
Crit damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

If Bodta is targeted, first attack is vs AC of...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 <--wow, THATS' not very good

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Will, DC 22: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

One of the baku's claws penetrates a gap in Fera's armor, but he shrugs off the attempt to drain his intellect (such as it is). In response to Senzo, he says, "We'll see this one dead again, fear not." He raises his blade and brings it down hard, then swings it again in a deadly, flat arc at the undead elephantine dream-eater. Pausing a moment to see if the thing still stands, he bites at it ferociously!

Full attack with Smite and PA.

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 16 - 3 + 4 = 26
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 11 + 8 + 9 = 32

+2 Greatsword, PA, Smite: 1d20 + 11 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 3 + 4 = 30
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 11 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6) + 11 + 8 + 9 = 36

Bite attack, secondary, Smite, PA: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 = 30 Crit threat
Bite damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Bite crit confirm: 1d20 + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 5 - 3 + 4 = 23
Crit damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Status: 66/71 hp

3,551 to 3,600 of 3,959 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.