GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps


851 to 874 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos rushes forward and brings his sword go bear against the closest skeleton. He then readies a strike if attacked.
attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

p/r:
parry: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20riposte: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 271d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10crit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 132d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14
going for the red one...im on phone atm..cant move token

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

He moves up one square and attack the skeleton with his whip
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aviram, Caelhal and Miklos's weapons are battered aside as they try to bring down the surrounding skeletons, but Erhun batters through Asar's defenses and smashes his hammer into the warrior's bony chest with a clatter of mail.

Ilyaleh tries to continue Erhun's good fortune while Krstani agrees with Erhun's assessment and blasts at the skillful skeleton.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Asar slides to the side, his steps smooth as silk despite the weight of his armor as he strikes Erhun's bludgeon from his hands as well.

Disarm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 = 26

Red's Claws at Miklos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Yellow's Claws at Aviram: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The mindless skeletons continue to press forward, leaving Aviram leaking blood between his fine plate, but Miklos lops off the arm of his opponent as it dares to approach him, finishing it off with a chop to the spine.

Bold May Go
Active Effects: Bless (+1)

Krstani
Skeleton
Asar - +2 AC, -16
Caelhal
Ilyaleh
Miklos
Aviram - Lead Blades, Disarmed! -4
Erhun - Fortune, Disarmed!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Aviram, get your weapon back, and flank him. He can't disarm you if you're in his back.

hopefully..

Erhun takes his spare weapon, the great axe, knowing well that it will be less effective agaisnt the fleshless opponent but hoping his increased strenght and reckless abandon will make a difference

Blessed Bloodraging Power attackaxe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 12
bloodrage PA dmg: 1d12 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 3 = 20

Blessed Bloodraging Power attackaxe, Fortune: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 24
bloodrage PA dmg: 1d12 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 = 16

Bloodrage round 2/7, STR/CON 20 , HP 19/19, AC 13

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Seizing the opportunity, Miklos darts over behind Asar and swings his blade.

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 301d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

crit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 172d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 5) + 8 = 17

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

He contunues to attack the little skelington
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

LOL


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Asar reels from Miklos and Erhun's blows, bones shattering, and broken links flying from his hauberk

Bold May Go
Active Effects: Bless (+1)

Krstani
Skeleton
Asar - +2 AC, -34
Caelhal
Ilyaleh
Miklos
Aviram - Lead Blades, Disarmed! -4
Erhun - Fortune, Rearmed!

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Huh, my last post didn't take...

Aviram steps down from the stairs and jabs his shortsword at the yellow skeleton.

Attack, Bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Damage, Lead Blades (Piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

In case i get attacked I will set up a parry/riposte...forgot earlier

p/r:
parry: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 29riposte: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Krstani wings the skeletal champion with another Magic Missile

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Ilyaleh calls up some of the last of her magic to send one more wave of fire into the bony troops, but isn't able to do so safely.

Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Asar lashes out with his blade, cutting a long cruel wound down Erhun's thigh, but Aviram is able to keep his own bony dance partner at bay.

Longsword: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
Slashing: 1d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 = 13

Claws: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bold May Go
Active Effects: Bless (+1)
Krstani
Skeleton
Asar - +2 AC, -36
Caelhal
Ilyaleh
Miklos
Aviram - Lead Blades, Rearmed! -4
Erhun - Fortune, Rearmed!
-13

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos swings at the skeletal champion again, desperate to end the fight and readies to defend himself if attacked.

Let's end this!

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 211d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

p/r:
parry: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 20riposte: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 161d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Bloodrage PA blessed axe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 7
Dmg, Bloodrage, PA: 1d12 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 3 = 22

The next attack from the demented warrior misses completely... but the axe does massive damage to the floor.

Bloodrage 3/7, HP 6/19, STR CON 20, AC 13

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Whip again
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram steps around the his skeletal dance partner and takes another stab at it.

"We have them now! Push the assault!"

Attack, Bless, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 12
Damage, Lead Blades (Piercing): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Miklos's frantic slice puts an end to Asar moments before Krstani shatters the remaining minion!

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The comely woman in tattered clothing is still alive, and once revived is a font of information.
My name is Dimira, I'm from Kassen - it's a town near here. A thought seems to strike her, Are you this year's heroes? We, uh my brother Roldare and some friends of ours, came ahead to prepare the tomb for the Rite of the Everflame. Set up the traps and that kind of thing, but when we got here it looked like someone else had been here first. And... And that night when we fell asleep, the dead came for us, lead by the cold one with the blue eyes. He brought me down here, made me tell him about the world - he'd been dead for a long time... I told him that heroes would be coming, but I didn't think... I didn't really think you'd be able to save me.

Thank you.

She takes a moment to calm down, Did you bring the lantern? I'd really like to get out of here, but you should light it first.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram's initial relief from rescuing the fair maiden is quickly replaced with slightly panicked worry.

"Uh, who has the lantern?"

I honestly don't remember who's carrying it XD

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

We have it here....somewhere... Miklos says as he looks about for it. We found Roldare...he was quite worried about you. Glad we could rescue from this beast...We will be leaving soon. Just have to check over there.... he says lookong at the wings of the room.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

I think the sorcereress had it


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Roldare's alive?! Erastil preserve us. I thought I was the only one.

<--Deeply unconcerned exactly who had the lantern, but I'll go with Krstani.

Miklos examines the crypt wings, and discovers that while one wing remains undisturbed, the other side is not so tranquil. This crypt contains the resting place for some of the raiders that attacked Kassen so many years ago. The central sarcophagus has been disturbed, its lid lying broken on the ground in front of it. The corpse of a masked man lies beside it.

The dead man is wearing gray robes and an iron mask that wholly conceals his face. The stench of rot hangs heavily around him.

Heal DC 15:
It appears that he died about 3 months ago, probably from strangulation.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 15:
This man is a follower of Razmir, the living god whose cults have sprung up in all around the Lake Encarthan region in recent years.

Knowledge (Local) DC 20:
This man is a follower of Razmir, the living god whose cults have sprung up in all around the Lake Encarthan region in recent years. You've heard that their cult has recently opened up a headquarters in Tamran, the capital of Nirmathas.

Additionally, the man has a variety of magical items, a wand of magic missile, bracers of armor, a horn of fog, and a spellbook whose contents I can get into if it's relevant to anyone. Of less monetary value, he also has a map leading to this crypt with a note scribbled on it, "The amulets are entombed with Kassen and Asar"

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Hooray a body!

heal 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

know religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

This man is, or was a follower of Ramzmir, a so called living god he remarks.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

know local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Did the mightiest of the skeletons have an amulet on it? If not, then maybe that's why it rose."

Aviram searches the skeletal champion thoroughly.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Big closing credits sprawl

Asar has no amulet, and as you continue to search the area you find more evidence of theft.

Kassen's sarcophagus has been unsealed, and a broken chain rests around his neck, a hint of an amulet that once rested there.

As you light the lantern from the flame that burns above Kassen's sarcophagus, his spirit stirs from its rest and rises up to thank you for putting an end to Asar.
Although he does so reluctantly, he confirms that he and Asar were once adventuring companions, and that they split ways after acquiring a great deal of treasure.
Kassen is sure that Asar felt cheated after their last quest and that is why he came to attack the town back in the days of its founding.

Sadly, he knows nothing about the grave robbers, but notes they only stole the amulets with which he and Asar were buried.
These amulets are part of a key that opens up the great treasure vault they plundered so long ago.
The amulets point the way to the vault if the three component parts are combined. The last part was given to Iramine, an elven sorceress that was part of their group, but he does not know her fate.

The journey back to the town of Kassen is somber and uneventful. Roldare is shocked and thrilled to see Dimira again and seems to recover most (but not all) of his sanity.

When you finally return to Kassen, a celebration is already underway in your honor. Mayor Uptal is there to greet you at the gates, but his joy at your return quickly turns to horror when he finds out what has happened.

The news quickly spreads throughout town and the harvest celebration turns melancholy. The folk do not blame you for what happened, and most are rather grateful that this new menace is ended. The grand feast is still held in your honor, but it is not the same as it was in previous
years.

This year, many are drinking to help forget that they have lost friends and loved ones. Plans are made to return to the crypt and bury the slain townsfolk.

The Society is pleased with your report, and notes that they may call upon you on this matter again, they would like to see the tomb robbers that caused this mess called to account for their actions, and the trail of a hidden vault has its lures as well...

851 to 874 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.