GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps


551 to 600 of 874 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

GM Secret:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Ilyaleh's first thwack shatters the skeleton where it stands! Even before she confirms the crit!

Krstani - may go twice
Caelhal - may go twice
Ilyaleh - may retcon her second turn
Miklos - may go twice

Aviram - 3 Str Damage
Erhun - 3 Str Damage
Skeletons

It should be fine for Ilyaleh's Hexes to be used on her party again.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

my apologies...i accidentally moved the map somehow...my computer is acting up....i only had my mouse on the slider....anyways...taking Miklos' actions now.

Rd 1-Miklos darts forward as he readies his blade.

rd 2- Miklos gets in position behind the skeleton(blue) and swings.

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Msw Bec de corbin, STR dmg: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 11
Dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Retconned turn 2! :D Also, thanks, that's excellent to know c:

Ilyaleh would grin, pleased at her success before advancing to help Aviram with the remaining foe, attempting to repeat her prior action to make the undead dead again.

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Didn't wanna touch the map since it still looked a lil' wonky. @_@

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Is the bless still working?

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Yeah the map got out of alignment. I won't touch it until the GM gets it sorted.

Krstani does her best to maneuver into good burning position then blasts the skeletons!

burning hands: 1d4 ⇒ 1
DC 15 Reflex for half

Assuming there is still space, she sends another flameburst at the bones.

burning hands round 2: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Round 1 he moves up round 2 he gets his whip out.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

I got my notes, the bloody skeleton and Aviram back in their correct position and did my best to reflect what I've seen of the other characters. @Caelhal If you're referring to the Bless you put up to battle the shadow then it expired ~8 hours ago.

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The heroes surround the bloody skeleton with a hail of blows, but unfortunately the remnants of its armor and its own horrid slickness keep it from almost all of the harm.

Krstani - may go once more since there was no space for a 2nd Burning Hands
Caelhal
Ilyaleh
Miklos
Aviram - 3 Str Damage
Erhun - 3 Str Damage
Skeleton - 1

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani scuttles into the room and slings a ball of acid at the skeleton.

ranged touch-into melee-cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 - 4 = 6
acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The blob spatters against the wall, leaving the skeleton unharmed.

Despite being surrounded by the pathfinders, the beast flings itself at them with no fear, its minor wounds healing even as it does so.

Frustrated by Aviram's thick armor, it instead focuses its wrath on the more lightly armed Miklos, raking bony talon along his flank.

Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Krstani
Caelhal
Ilyaleh
Miklos -6
Aviram - 3 Str Damage
Erhun - 3 Str Damage

Skeleton

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

With the skeleton thoroughly surrounded, Aviram swing his warhammer again.

Attack, Str damage: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 1 = 19
Damage, Str damage: 1d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 1 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh attempts another attack on the creature, this time attempting to hit it form both ends of her stave.

Staff: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 4 = -2
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Staff: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos grits his teeth in pain and swings at the skeleton angrily. He then readies a defensive strike.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

parry/riposte:
parry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27riposte: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aviram and Miklos together manage to shatter the skeleton before it can piece itself back together. Though the pool of blood and bones looks disturbing, but at least it has stopped moving.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh grimaces and checks on her dear animal companion. He, too, wrinkles his nose at the scent. With the fight over, she begins looking around the room, trying to discern what is and is not worth their knowing.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Perception (Ara): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"That could have gone worse... Does anyone know why these are all bloody unlike the others we've met? Are they," Aviram grimaces, "'fresh'?"

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

At the question, Ilyaleh pauses in her search to examine the bodies and relays whatever she learns from them.
Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

They don't seem any fresher except for the blood.

Appraise DC 15:
Their armor is of a decidedly aged style as well

Knowledge (Religion) DC 15:
Bloody Skeletons aren't any more dangerous than their dryer counterparts, but they have a horrible resilience, even after they've been destroyed, given enough time they will piece themselves back together. Only holy water or positive energy can keep them dead.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Know Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Be careful... these bloody skeleton will rise again, if we don't spray them with holy water or channel positive energy on their bodies..

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"They may be from deeper within the crypt. Their rent armor is old indeed. Caelhal, can you keep them from returning?"

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

This crypt seems to be a haven for the undead he remarks.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

I have some holy water...and can someone look at this gash in my side? It hurts a fair bit....and it ruined my new tunic. I just got that from home... Miklos says in a bit of pain and annoyment.

ill assume someone uses my clw wand...ill roll it....49/50 charges left clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Ilyaleh grimaces at Erhun's words even as she takes hold of Miklos's wand to use it on him. "That sounds... disgusting." She shakes her head. "It sounds as though we'll have to be careful of more of the same - the number of undead we've encountered has been odd, but now the kinds we're encountering are more resilient as well? We'll have to be careful."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

It sounds like people are mostly ready to continue down the stairs. I'll be putting the next stage of the map up tonight. Chime in with whether or not the bloody skeletons are getting an involuntary baptism, or anything else you would like to take care of by then.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Thank you, Ilyaleh. As for those...things, I have some blessed water to use on them...don't want to face them again if I don't have to...

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"Could we perhaps..." she shudders at the very idea. "Separate them out? So their bones and gear and everything are far enough apart that we needn't worry about them nor waste our supplies?"

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

[b] I wonder if acid or holy energy would be key to their destruction? [/ooc]

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

I'm not sure acid would work. The holiness of positive energy would suffice to destroy them for good.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sadly, additional physical destruction will avail you nought when it comes to disposing of Bloody Skeletons.

Miklos pours holy water over the seeping remains of the skeletons, and the heroes descend into the second deep of Kassen's Crypt.

At the bottom of the stairs is a circular chamber with three passageways leading from it. The sound of dripping water can be heard coming from the eastern passageway, while the stench of rot emanates from the west. In the center is a small stone pedestal with an inscription in common spiraling out from it, "To the south you might take your ease, to rest and reflect on Kassen’s deeds. To the east lies the wheel, to open the gate. To the west is the resting place of Kassen, hero of the Fangwood.”

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

We should check on the south first, don't you think? Additional help isn't something to be ashamed of, if we can destroy undead easier at the end.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Perhaps we need the gate opened before we can get to the tomb? he remarks.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"I vote for opening the gate first, as well."

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

"Yes the gate must be necessary to enter. Let's go investigate that before we visit the southern way. Save the tomb for last of course."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Hearing what they're saying, Ilyaleh holds up the key she'd found, asking, "Perhaps this will be of use? I think either direction is fine, but... Well. I'm just wondering if this is the gate key?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As you walk to the east, and presumably the Wheel, more and more water lies upon the floor, a little over knee high as you continue. The passageway forks. At one end is a swollen wooden door, barely contained by its decaying frame, the water is at its deepest right before this doorway.

The other end has no door, so you can see a strange blue fungus covering the walls, ceiling, and pillars of the waterlogged chamber. Its wispy strands stretch out from the wall like roots dangling in the air, twitching and swaying in some unfelt breeze.

Floating in the water are four decaying corpses - three large rats and one giant frog - with strange burn marks all over their bodies.

Knowledge (Nature) DC 17:
The fungus covering everything is of a very dangerous variety. Azure Fungus builds up a charge of electricity that it releases in bursts both periodically and when disturbed.

Knowledge (Nature) DC 22:
Azure fungus isn't harmed by electricity or heat, but extreme cold does cause it to become inert for about an hour, and scraping it off of a surface will usually destroy it - though it is likely to discharge in the process unless it has somehow been made safe.

Ilyaleh, if you're referring to the key you found in the Shadow room, that was previously used to unlock the door that led to the room with the pillar of arrows. Not saying it won't be used for something else, but it has seen one purpose thus far.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Woops, thanks for the clarification! c:
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Ilyaleh grimaces at the sight, protectively cuddling Ara - she couldn't imagine what she'd do if a similar fate ever befell her friend.

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani soon regrets her eagerness to go down this particular hallway. "Ugh! So is this door the gate? It seems like it will just drown us all if we open it! And how did those creatures get burned like that in all this water?"

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"I don't know, Krstani, and I'd prefer not to test it out my self... If we're lucky, then the northern door can lead us around and to the hallway beyond the room."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

What could wait beyond this door? Maybe other undead?

Erhun checks the cadavers to see if they could have been killed and tainted by undeath

Know Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The rats and frog don't show any of the telltale signs of undeath (strange glowing energies, limbs staying more attached than they should, oddly uneven putrefaction, moving).


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

So, swollen door or burned animals? Or secret option #3?

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Let's go swollen door....why not....

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Sure let's give the swollen door a shot.

Krstani backs up, ready to blast anything that might come through the door with the deluge.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Erhun looks at the door and tries to open it


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Erhun strains against the door for a few long seconds before the door gives way with a rush of water. A menacing croak issues forth alongside the fetid water.

Map and initiative to follow. I'm out of town for the next couple days, and my map access exists but is limited


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The room is filled with water, waist high on many of you. The chamber is in an advanced state of decay, with a gaping hole in the ceiling admitting a constant trickle of water. The three stone sarcophagi in this room are almost completely covered in a thick carpet of moss and fungus.

The water is deep enough that medium creatures must either swim or treat it as difficult terrain

Within the room, atop one of the sarcophagi sits a belligerent and monstrously sized frog. It croaks a challenge at you as you dare to intrude on its territory in such an edible state!

Perception DC 15:
There are two more frogs under the water!

Initiative:
Erhun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Krstani: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Miklos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Aviram: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Ilyaleh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Caelhal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Froggo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bold May go
Aviram - 3 Str Damage
Krstani
Caelhal
Miklos
Ilyaleh

Frog
Erhun - 3 Str Damage

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Miklos darts ahead and slashes at the frog with his blade.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

He then readies a defnsive strike if attacked.

parry/riposte:
parry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11riposte: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

By my count, you don't quite have the movement through the difficult terrain to reach the frog, Miklos. And Caelhal, please no roll-only posts.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

might have miscounted...my bad...i'll just get as close as I can then and go with the parry riposte then...

551 to 600 of 874 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.