GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps


701 to 750 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

"Leave it! Let's just press forward."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh shudders at the skeleton at the bottom but agrees with Krstani. "Let's move along then."

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Mark on the wall that there is a skeleton there...at least that way the next person through won't get surprised...

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"Good idea," Ilyaleh agrees, pausing to dig through her pack. Rather than looking for a good bit of paper, she fills her pen with just enough ink to scrawl a quick warning on the wall: SKELETON UNDER WATER! WATCH YOUR STEP!

"That ought to do it, eh? And if they take care of it, it'll be easy enough to scrub out."

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

To be more correct, put that there is an animated skeleton in the pool. he says.,

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

She figured it would be obvious, but, well. You never knew with some people, right? Above the start of her message, she adds 'ANIMATED'. "There! And may any who try to touch it be prepared."

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

With the undead well and truly dealt with, cautionary sign and all, Aviram picks up his now soaked staff and pokes his way towards the wheel again.

"Let's hope there are no more nasty surprises here..."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

once we have finished our mission here, I'll gladly come back to put those poor old bones out of their misery. For now, as long as they can't do no harm, I'm willing to accept the statu quo


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aviram is able to mark out a safe path through the room and quickly reaches the wheel.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram gives Erhun a sweeping gesture towards one end of the wheel and takes up position at the other.

"I wonder which way it's supposed to turn..."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"Why not just give it a go?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Let's try.

Erhun and Aviram try to move the wheel

STR check?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

But his attempts is comically feeble, as he slips on the wet floor and falls face first in the muddy water


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Though at first Erhun and Aviram don't succeed, as there is no time pressure, they are able to try, try again.

The wheel slowly and loudly turns before locking into position after three rotations.

Where to next?

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Too bad that water had a skeleton infesting it. I could have used a bath, this place is nasty. he says wistfully.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

There will be time for that. A cleansing ritual would be most welcome, I agree, to get rid of the stink and sin of undeath..

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"A steam bath would be welcome, but I fear this foul place has more in store for us... Let's head back to the hallways we haven't explored yet. "

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Perhaps we can get some of the local lasses to help us with the harder parts to clean...the lower back for example... Miklos jests, thinking about some if the more comely ladies back in the village. He laughs as he straightens up. Which way now?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh rolls her eyes at the joke before eyeballing their surroundings. She moves with Aviram as they return to the circular room.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

South or West? First option with two votes is the winner!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

"Go West, young man!"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos looks to the western passageway

That way looks good...let's go there...

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Women are not the only ones who could provide that service he says in response to Miklos' comment, a wicked grin on his face.

He points west.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"We need start somewhere, so west it is!"

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The elf makes as if he is going to remove his armor Oh your talking about moving on he winks to the Chelaxian.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The corridor opens up into a winding catacomb. The walls are skillfully carved with deep recesses where bodies might have once lain. All that remains now are cobwebs, dust, and the tattered remains of ancient clothing. The stench of rotting flesh is overpowering here, but the source is not evident...

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh gags and protectively cover's Ara's nose. "That's foul," she sputters as she covers her own. She begins looking around to see if she can find what the source of that godsawful stench is.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Perception (Ara): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani's tongue darts in and out rapidly, tasting the foulness in the air.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Ilyaleh hears a rather meaty plop from within the room, though from back where she stands she can't really pinpoint it.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"Did, uh... Did anyone else hear that?" Ilyaleh asks the others, frowning. "It sounded... wet. And heavy?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Yes, a very strange sound....Reminds me something, but I can't figure out what right now.

Do I have more clues?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As Erhun's closer, he's able to more narrowly pinpoint the source of the sound to behind the stacks in front of Aviram.... and hear more like it further to the west!

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"I hear it as well. Let's proceed with caution..."

Aviram moves around the stack in front of him, sword at the ready.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10we should proceed with caution regardless...

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The elf will cast detect magic to see what he sees.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Caelhal's divination has no effect, but as Aviram rounds the corner he sees a rotting corpse waiting, gobbets of putrefied flesh hanging from its gaping abdomen. It groans as he comes into sight, and answering groans echo from the rest of the room!

Initiative:
Caelhal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Miklos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Aviram: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Erhun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Ilyaleh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Krstani: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Zombies: 4d20 ⇒ (12, 20, 18, 4) = 54

Bold may go
Krstani
Orange Zombie
Caelhal
Yellow Zombie
Miklos
Red Zombie
Aviram
Green Zombie
Erhun
Ilyaleh

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani, hearing the moaning, enters the room and blasts a pair of the zombies.

Burning hands, should be able to hit both yellow and orange. DC 15 Reflex for half.

fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Krstani, the stacked tombs, while free standing, very nearly reach the ceiling and do block line of sight and effect I'm afraid

Bold may go
Krstani
Orange Zombie
Caelhal
Yellow Zombie
Miklos
Red Zombie
Aviram
Green Zombie
Erhun
Ilyaleh

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Oh I see. In that case I will move into the corner and ready an attack in case a zombie comes into view.

readied acid splash, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Know religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 to see what might hurt the zombies


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

One of the zombies comes shuffling around the corner, acid searing its flesh as it comes into view.

Caelhal knows that zombies are generally ungainly creatures, but they're quite resilient to weapons that don't literally hack parts off of them DR 5/slashing. These particular ones appear to have some sort of awful plague - getting too close to them might expose you.

Bold may go
Krstani
Orange Zombie -1
Caelhal
Yellow Zombie
Miklos
Red Zombie
Aviram
Green Zombie
Erhun
Ilyaleh


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Delaying Caelhal

Another zombie emerges, clearly touched by the same plague as the others.

Bold may go
Krstani
Orange Zombie -1
Caelhal
Yellow Zombie
Miklos
Red Zombie
Aviram
Green Zombie
Erhun
Ilyaleh

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos wades into the fray, his blade flashing as he brings it to bear on the closest zombie. (orange). He then preparrs for the eventual counterassault.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 7) + 8 = 20

p/r:
parry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10riposte: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Ugh....nasty foul creatures! Destroy them quickly, lest they infect us!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Miklos neatly removes the zombie's head. Then it (not so neatly) explodes in a welter of filth. Fort save please, Miklos & Erhun

A rather more intact zombie staggers towards Aviram, a horrid strength animating its rotting flesh as it crumples his pauldron.

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 And a Fort save for Aviram as well...

Bold may go
Krstani
Orange Zombie -1
Caelhal
Yellow Zombie
Miklos Fort Save required
Red Zombie
Aviram -9 (3 Str Damage) Fort Save required
Green Zombie
Erhun (3 Str Damage) Fort Save required
Ilyaleh

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Aviram rallies himself after the bone-rattling blow and retaliates.

Attack, Str damage: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 1 = 21
Damage, Str damage (slashing): 1d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 1 = 9

"These undead are even worse than the skeletons!"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aviram's blade easily carves into the zombie, additional flesh sloughing off as he hews into it, but still its unnatural vitality carries it forward!

Bold may go
Krstani
Orange Zombie -1
Caelhal From round one
Yellow Zombie
Miklos
Red Zombie -9
Aviram -9 (3 Str Damage)
Green Zombie
Erhun (3 Str Damage) Fort Save required
Ilyaleh

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

dont know if I can still act after that failed roll

Erhun is suddenly violently sick, when the zombies are too close

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

He will attack with his whip
1d20 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani lobs more acid towards the yellow zombie.

ranged touch-cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11
acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh pulls out the dagger she'd found earlier and steps forward, shifting a bit of good fortune towards Caelhal. Considering the attack with the whip, she, uh... Thinks he could use it.

Fortune:
The witch can grant a creature within 30 feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. The target can call upon this good luck once per round, allowing him to reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the first roll is made. At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. Once a creature has benefited from the fortune hex, it cannot benefit from it again for 24 hours.

701 to 750 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.